Home

The 2014 Winter Olympics

Posted By: SC

The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/07/14 08:02 PM

Anyone looking forward to watching them?

I love the "theater" of them; the drama and the individual athlete's stories.

I hope to watch the events without being interrupted by any terrorist news but I have to admit I'm worried that something bad will happen during the Games.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/07/14 09:12 PM

Hurling. I live for Hurling when the Winter Olympics come around! USA, USA, USA!!!
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/08/14 03:00 AM

Can't remember his name, but the figure skater from Japan that skated last night was incredible.
Posted By: olivant

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/08/14 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: SC
Anyone looking forward to watching them?

I love the "theater" of them; the drama and the individual athlete's stories.

Me too. I love tailgating, the half-time shows, the sideline interviews ... oh wait. I'm still coming down from football.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/08/14 05:39 PM

There appears to be a new event in the Sochi games: two-man freestyle defecation. I believe that is why two commodes are placed in each stall with directions not to flush used toilet paper. Winners will receive light bulbs, which are apparently more scarce than gold medals.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/09/14 07:29 AM

I too hope to catch some of the games, i hope it will be as exciting as the summer games.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/10/14 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
There appears to be a new event in the Sochi games: two-man freestyle defecation. I believe that is why two commodes are placed in each stall with directions not to flush used toilet paper. Winners will receive light bulbs, which are apparently more scarce than gold medals.

lol lol

On a serious note, I do enjoy the Winter Olympics, watching it as I type in fact. Ladies Ice Hockey!!! Nice wink
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/10/14 02:59 PM

Big news for England. They got their first Winter Olympic medal. A bronze medal to Jenny Jones in Slopestyle Snowboarding. Yogi, a new sport for your boys.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/10/14 03:02 PM

Anyone see the wardrobe malfunction? One of the speed skaters unzipped her jacket at the end of the race. Apparently she forgot she didn't have a shirt on underneath.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/10/14 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Anyone see the wardrobe malfunction? One of the speed skaters unzipped her jacket at the end of the race. Apparently she forgot she didn't have a shirt on underneath.

Hope I can catch it on YouTube!

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/11/14 03:07 AM

Seek and ye shall find, MC.
Posted By: SC

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/11/14 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas

Hope I can catch it on YouTube!

Not much to see cry

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/11/14 01:26 PM

Olga is cute. I liked her reaction when she realized. blush

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/11/14 05:56 PM

Back to reality. I think the most thrilling event is the Downhill (men or women). Reckless Abandon is a good description. I can't imagine the burn in the thighs when holding those turns. Imagine going 80 mphs in a car, hitting a tight turn that is banked AWAY from you with no guard rail. NUTZ.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/11/14 08:15 PM

Sorry about that I had read somewhere that they weren't doing hurling anymore. Just saw it on NBC!

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/13/14 04:43 PM

Big news for England. They got their first Winter Olympic medal. A bronze medal to Jenny Jones in Slopestyle Snowboarding. Yogi, a new sport for your boys.

Well we did get our first snowfall of the year the other night, not enough to get the boards out though....

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/13/14 08:28 PM

Plushenko, Russia's skating star, was injured and has not only withdrawn from further events, but announced his retirement.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/14/14 12:54 PM

Plushenko, Russia's skating star, was injured and has not only withdrawn from further events, but announced his retirement.

I watched him the other day in team competition. Unmatched for strength and grace, but he has had a bunch of operations; even on his spine.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/15/14 02:25 AM

Yes, he said he's had 12 surgeries. Hanyu for the gold! The American skater was robbed of 3rd place after the short program.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/15/14 09:24 AM

Go team GB

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/15/14 03:49 PM

Well done to Team USA for beating Russia in the hockey. What a great game it was!!

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/15/14 04:06 PM

It was an amazing game! A real nail-biter! USA! USA!
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/15/14 08:45 PM

Here's an event I'd watch.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/16/14 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Well done to Team USA for beating Russia in the hockey. What a great game it was!!

Yes it was. We watched it yesterday morning. It took a little adjustment as my son and I are huge fans of Malkin. The USA got a good break on the unmoored net, but the game was a good example of athletic competition at its finest.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/17/14 12:20 AM

Love the Winter Olympics, much more than the summer games. Did anybody see the U.S vs Russia hockey game?
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/18/14 04:26 AM

I saw it Nicky. Damn I was happy we beat the Russians and then we kicked Slovenia's ass the next day. More than anything I just wanted to beat Putin on his home ice I hate that bastard

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/18/14 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Love the Winter Olympics, much more than the summer games. Did anybody see the U.S vs Russia hockey game?

I saw a replay. I'm not familiar with hockey rules. When I saw the shoot out I thought that the Russians scored more goals than the US. Was that right?
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/18/14 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1

I saw a replay. I'm not familiar with hockey rules. When I saw the shoot out I thought that the Russians scored more goals than the US. Was that right?

They thought they had a third goal with five minutes left to go but it was taken back because the net was dislodged. We ended up beating them in the shoot out since no one scored in OT.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/18/14 01:46 PM

The USA lady hockey players are going great guns also, although I believe they will face Canada in the final, which is no easy task!!

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/18/14 04:00 PM

The USA lady hockey players are going great guns also, although I believe they will face Canada in the final, which is no easy task!!

This will be a hard-fought game. It's rare that you see an athletic contest among women where both teams passionately hate each other. This will be such a game. It may make Ohio State/Michigan football look like a tea party.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/18/14 05:12 PM

This will be a hard-fought game. It's rare that you see an athletic contest among women where both teams passionately hate each other. This will be such a game. It may make Ohio State/Michigan football look like a tea party.

Right up my street then. I will look forward to it, and that has nothing to do with my new found crush on Hillary Knight blush whistle

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/18/14 06:05 PM

Is there lingerie hockey?

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/18/14 07:55 PM

This will be a hard-fought game. It's rare that you see an athletic contest among women where both teams passionately hate each other.

Cat Fight! (Seinfeld)

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/19/14 02:31 AM

Lingerie hockey and cat fights?? Let me know when you guys are done rooting around in the mud...

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/19/14 03:48 AM

Lingerie hockey and cat fights?? Let me know when you guys are done rooting around in the mud...

Oh, I forgot! Mud wrestling.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/19/14 01:57 PM

You would have expected better from a couple of our more distinguished brethren eh Babe??

You would never catch me indulging in such outrageous smutty banter..... whistle lol

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/19/14 05:28 PM

The Russian hockey team got knocked out and sent home by Finland. Looks like another possible USA/Canada showdown for gold.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/20/14 02:26 AM

I heard that on the radio today. Methinks that Mr. Putin is NOT happy right now.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/20/14 03:29 PM

The exchange between the Russian press corps and the Russian head coach was surreal and underscores the extent to which this loss ripped the heart from a nation and how the coach's life is shattered. The phrase "It's just a game" doesn't apply to Russian hockey 2014.
Posted By: goombah

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/21/14 01:24 AM

I feel for the U.S. women's hockey team. They had it within within their grasp but could not hang on. Their experience was a microcosm of what it's like to be a Cleveland sports fan.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/21/14 12:35 PM

I heard that on the radio today. Methinks that Mr. Putin is NOT happy right now.

Off to the Siberian Gulag for you!

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/21/14 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: goombah
I feel for the U.S. women's hockey team. They had it within within their grasp but could not hang on. Their experience was a microcosm of what it's like to be a Cleveland sports fan.

lol Hats off to the Canadian team though. When the gold medal appeared out of reach, they played their collective best, and those moments define champions. This loss unfortunately will haunt the hardworking American women for the rest of their lives. I hope those who make the 2018 team can bring home a gold to take some of the sting out of the loss.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/21/14 09:24 PM

While watching the Olympics, I could not tell who was from what country based on their uniforms. Some of them were different, but I did not observe any overt uniform logo that designated the nation they represented.

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/21/14 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
While watching the Olympics, I could not tell who was from what country based on their uniforms. Some of them were different, but I did not observe any overt uniform logo that designated the nation they represented.

How true. You wonder if the uniform design is tied to corporate/logo money. The company making the uniform somehow has their product design identified. In Snowboard Cross the racers were wearing different colored bibs. This was probably necessary to identify any racer who violated a rule (if there were rules).
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/22/14 11:44 PM

Yeah, they all do look alike. Still I am enjoyong them more than I though I would. Sochi so far has been ok. US hockey teams both male and female broke my heart. Men quit against finland for the bronze

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/23/14 04:55 PM

I wasn't expecting the US team to beat Canada, which is clearly the best in the world. If Canada gets a lead on you the way they play defense, you're pretty much done.

But playing for bronze wasn't apparently a motivation for the American team.

I don't watch a lot of the winter olympics, but it looks as though Sochi overcame some early flaws to give the world a good, safe showing.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/23/14 09:23 PM

Overall a good winter olymipcs. I watched a lot of hockey, soome skiing and snowboarding events. I was especially npressed by women's hockey...but for the love of God.... ICE DANCING IS NOT A SPORT!

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/24/14 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
..but for the love of God.... ICE DANCING IS NOT A SPORT!

Maybe the Summer Olympics can introduce Line Dancing. I would love to see the Russians dance to Boot Scoot Boogie. tongue

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/25/14 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
..but for the love of God.... ICE DANCING IS NOT A SPORT!

Maybe the Summer Olympics can introduce Line Dancing. I would love to see the Russians dance to Boot Scoot Boogie. tongue

And naked tiddlywinks....in the womens of course. The idea of hairy arsed Ukranian fellas bending over to dib their dobber gives me the shudders.... lol

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/27/14 12:45 AM

What is a tiddly anyway? And do they really wink? Inquiring minds want to know!

Re: The 2014 Winter Olympics - 02/27/14 04:52 PM

What is a tiddly anyway? And do they really wink? Inquiring minds want to know!

Who knows?? Strange game if you ask me.....
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET