Home

2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football

Posted By: J Geoff

2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 08/23/13 07:50 PM

From the Office of the Commissioners:

Douche Bigelow: Waaaaah!!! I'm too busy to Commish so have JG and JL again as Ass Commishes

Just Lou: Waaaa!! I can't make a draft before Labor Day because I have to go on my 8th vacation of the year!

JG: Sheesh! Okay... it's up to me again. Hopefully I won't make an ASS of myself again this year...

Here's a copy of the first official letter from the Commissioners Office:
Quote:

Invites were sent to last years' players on August 22nd via the email address assigned here at Yahoo. Please join soon if you plan on participating. If you do not want to participate, please let us know so we can invite others.

The tentative Live Draft has been set for Tue Sep 3 7:00pm 7:45pm EDT. If there are issues with this, please let us know. Ass Commish JL will be unavailable from 8/25-8/31 so I was trying to accommodate him. I also didn't want to draft on Labor Day weekend. I'm aware that Sep 3 is only 2 days before the season begins, but I think that should be enough. What about the 7PM ET draft time? (Please remember that if you are unable to attend the draft, or are late or have to leave early, the system can auto-pick for you.)

And most importantly, we all need to kick Rushin' Mafia's (Longneck's) ass this year!

~JG

Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 08/23/13 08:55 PM

In.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 08/24/13 06:06 PM

You can all try, but none of you will succeed. The only person great enough defeat me is myself.

And here I was thinking of letting someone else win. I mean, 3 out of the last 4 championships would be starting to get greedy...

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 08/27/13 08:03 PM

Does anyone else want to be considered for the Yahoo Draft this year?

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 08/28/13 12:22 PM

What has happened to all our Fantasy behemoths???

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 08/31/13 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Commissioners Office
Aug 31 10:22am

Okay, folks, we have our Dirty Dozen and the teams have been locked. Our Live Draft has been pushed back by 45 minutes [Tue Sep 3 7:45pm EDT] to better accommodate those in Central Time.

I don't have time today to set the Draft Order, maybe DB can do that if he does. Otherwise, I'll try to get to it Sunday.

~JG

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/01/13 06:02 AM

DB announced the draft order earlier this evening:

Quote:

Aug 31 8:58pm
Draft Order time... Same process as in previous years...

Here are your random numbers:

Timestamp: 2013-09-01 00:51:58 UTC

And the 22nd Ordering, which produces are draft order is:

There were 12 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

KC
DM
YO
DB
LI
RM
JG
JD
OO
JL
BB
NM
Timestamp: 2013-09-01 00:55:22 UTC
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/01/13 06:14 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Does anyone else want to be considered for the Yahoo Draft this year?

Can you add me ?

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/01/13 07:07 AM

Sorry, it's too late. As stated, it's all locked and loaded.

Maybe next year. You have all of 2 posts under your belt. Contribute wisely, and if there's an open spot next year, you never know... wink
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/01/13 05:29 PM

Sorry, it's too late. As stated, it's all locked and loaded.

Maybe next year. You have all of 2 posts under your belt. Contribute wisely, and if there's an open spot next year, you never know... wink

Thanks for responding Geoff. I'm already in a few fantasy football leagues.I'm suppose to go to one later this afternoon never can get enough action.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/03/13 11:30 PM

15 minutes until Draft time....

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/04/13 12:56 AM

Good draft, guys. 1 hr 11 mins.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/04/13 03:18 AM

Yahoo predicts my team to finish 10-2-1, and win the league. That means I'm sure to go 6-7.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/04/13 04:49 AM

...and while I have a slightly better Draft Grade, I'm predicted to finish 3rd. (Which means, third from last).

For posterity, let's see how well this predicts:

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/04/13 07:09 AM

The yahoo app is a fucking joke. I kept getting kicked out before bein able to do anything then had to wai for it to load. So yeah some ridiculous auto picks. But overall not that bad except for TE.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/04/13 01:02 PM

I got 2 unfit TE's as well. Bastard autodraft uhwhat

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/10/13 04:39 PM

Can I start 6 WRs and 0 RBs? Pretty please?

In completely unrelated news... Anyone wanna trade me a RB or 2 for WR?

So glad I won by 2 points. I would have hated losing so close and losing with re 4th best score.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/10/13 04:53 PM

Rushin' Mafia? More like Recievin' Mafia.

Wait. That wouldn't be very punny.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/17/13 10:00 AM

Uuuurghhhhh!!!!

What a start. My whole roster is either out or doubtful...... frown

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/24/13 04:25 PM

Week 3 Summary
Quote:
At the end of Week 3, Hot Asian Buns caught and passed Oogway's, grabbing first place in GangsterBB. Hot Asian Buns and Rushin' Mafia maintain a 1.0-game lead on third-place I.F.Y.M. However, just 6.00 points separates the top two teams. NJ Giants got the biggest lift last week, rising from seventh place to fourth. Oogway's suffered the opposite fate, falling from first to sixth. Rushin' Mafia and Hot Asian Buns are the last unbeaten teams left in the league.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 09/25/13 10:48 PM

Hey Just Lou, your team will lose to my team this week. HA-HA

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/02/13 06:50 PM

Week 4 Summary
Quote:
With Week 4 complete, Hot Asian Buns and Rushin' Mafia have a 1.0-game lead on everyone else in GangsterBB. However, the top two teams are separated by just 25.00 points. Aint First Your Last made the most of the week, jumping from seventh place to fifth. Yao's China Buffet slipped from fifth to sixth. While Hot Asian Buns and Rushin' Mafia remain undefeated, NJ Giants is on a three-game win streak.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/03/13 08:50 AM

I am the Jacksonville of this league frown cry

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/04/13 02:35 PM

So how does a Cleveland-Buffalo game have one turnover (and not until the final 2 minutes) and it's not even the Browns? Hoyer should have thrown some INTs. He gets injured. All right, worse QB my fortunes have improved... But then the Browns score a bunch of points somehow. What a strange game. P.S. Fuck you, Buffalo D.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/08/13 08:23 PM

Week 5 Summary
Quote:
Rushin' Mafia fell to 4-1 in Week 5, leaving only one team undefeated in GangsterBB. Hot Asian Buns remained unbeaten and increased their league lead to one full game with a win against Aint First Your Last. I. F. Y. M. shifted from third place to second. NJ Giants is on a four-game win streak while I. F. Y. M. has won three straight.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/08/13 11:04 PM

My top 2 scorers for the year are injured. Julio Jones out for the year. Well I can still get into the playoffs but I don't see another title happening.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/14/13 06:44 AM

I really should not be saying this, but....

5-1, Baby! eek

My team's taking names for the first time in years! Hell, my Bench might just beat DMC's active roster, and he was #2, 4-1! tongue 225 pt Optimal more than doubled his, too wink

I'm looking at being #2 after this week (my only loss, to my nephew Week 1, who's up against undefeated Hot Asian Buns). Too bad, but if he beats her, I'd be the new #1.

But I don't wanna jinx anything, so.......

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/15/13 08:37 PM

Week 6 Summary
Quote:
Hot Asian Buns kept their four-week first-place streak alive, even after a tie against Breaston Plants in Week 6. Oogway's picked up the most ground, rising from sixth place to fourth. Yao's China Buffet was less fortunate, falling from fifth to seventh.

And daaaaaamn...! Had my nephew gotten just 1 more point and beaten Hot Asian Buns, I'd've been in 1st Place! ohwell

Here we are, almost halfway through the regular season:

Edit: After this week's stat corrections, Hot Asian Buns came out on top again, and is now undefeated while my nephew dropped from 6th to 8th...

(Old Standings)
Click to reveal..

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/21/13 11:59 PM

Another week, another top player injured. And my QB, again.

This is ridiculous. And I couldn't play a guy I added to take Brandon Jacobs' place since he is surprisingly out for MNF. (Yahoo Added him to week 8 roster instead.)

Hoping to limp into playoffs but jeez, not counting on it at this point.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/22/13 06:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
Another week, another top player injured. And my QB, again.

This is ridiculous. And I couldn't play a guy I added to take Brandon Jacobs' place since he is surprisingly out for MNF. (Yahoo Added him to week 8 roster instead.)

Hoping to limp into playoffs but jeez, not counting on it at this point.

Thanks for the congrats... it means a lot... lol

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/23/13 06:44 AM

Week 7 Summary
Quote:
This week in GangsterBB, all of the matchups went to the favorites. Hot Asian Buns remained undefeated and secured their fifth straight week at the top of the league with a win over Douche Bigelow. Breaston Plants improved their standing the most, launching from eighth place to fifth. Aint First Your Last wasn't as lucky, sliding from seventh to ninth. NJ Giants is on a six-game win streak while Oogway's has won three straight.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/23/13 03:19 PM

Even the Giants have won a game!!!!

I don't think some of my guys are trying hard enough sick

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/28/13 04:04 AM

I can't believe Yogi might beat me!! eek whistle

Rice vs Tate... wow.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/29/13 11:22 AM

I can't believe Yogi might beat me!! eek whistle

Rice vs Tate... wow.

Surely some mistake??? lol

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 10/29/13 11:45 PM

Week 8 Summary
Quote:
Hot Asian Buns managed their sixth straight week at the top of GangsterBB, even after a loss to Just Lou in Week 8. Just Lou leapfrogged the most teams this week, rising from eighth place to sixth. Breaston Plants suffered the opposite fate, falling from fifth to seventh. Oogway's is on a four-matchup winning streak while Just Lou has won three in a row.

Previous Top 3 all take a loss, and, Yogi gets his first W.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 11/05/13 10:47 PM

Week 9 Summary
Quote:
Hot Asian Buns increased their lead to 2.0 games with a win over NJ Giants in Week 9 [because Aaron Rodgers went down after 2 throws! mad]. Breaston Plants got the biggest boost in the standings this week, jumping from seventh place to fifth. Oogway's slipped from third to fourth.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 11/12/13 04:52 AM

Another week another QB out for the year (-4 points first). Another RB who gets 41 yards on the opening drive then breaks an ankle. Etc.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 11/12/13 08:00 AM

Wahh wahh! I went from 6-1 to 6-4 for similar reasons... you don't hear ME crying, do you?

(That's only cuz I don't cry HERE! I keep it off the boards!) lol

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 11/14/13 08:31 PM

Week 10 Summary
Quote:
At the end of Week 10, Hot Asian Buns secured their spot in the playoffs. They held on to the league lead with a win over Rushin' Mafia. Just Lou stumbled this week, plunging from seventh place to 10th. Aint First Your Last was more fortunate, climbing from eighth to sixth. Lilo's Wolfpack is on a three-game win streak.

There are just 3 more regular season games, and only the Top 6 will compete for the Championship. However, all 12 teams will be active in the playoffs to try to improve their final overall standings.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 11/18/13 12:22 AM

Hey, my QB didn't get injured this week.

...He got benched!

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 11/19/13 05:00 PM

I feel like I've rebuilt my roster now. RB was a weakness but thanks to picking up players like Andre Brown and Shane Vereen who were injured and Donald Brown being the #1 back for the Colts I'm not doing too bad.Might start living up to my team name. Calvin Johnson is definitely nice to have at WR. If Case Keenum can keep from being benched I could be dangerous, like New York Giants midseason collapse then Championship dangerous. Or it could all collapse like a house of cards.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 11/21/13 09:59 PM

Week 11 Summary
Quote:
Hot Asian Buns managed their ninth straight week at the top of GangsterBB, even after a loss to I. F. Y. M. in Week 11. Oogway's climbed from fourth place to third while NJ Giants fell from third to fourth. I. F. Y. M. has won three consecutive matchups.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 11/26/13 08:06 PM

Week 12 Summary
Quote:
With Week 12 in the books, I. F. Y. M. and Oogway's both made the postseason. Hot Asian Buns recorded their 10th straight week at the top of the league with a win against Yao's China Buffet. Aint First Your Last got the biggest lift, climbing from seventh place to fifth. Breaston Plants fell from fifth to sixth. I. F. Y. M. is on a four-game win streak while Aint First Your Last has won three straight.

There is 1 week left in the regular season, and the Top 6 will go at for the Championship and the Bottom 6 will try to increase their final standings in the Consolation Playoffs....

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 11/27/13 10:50 PM

Okay, so Yahoo says only the top 3 have clinched a playoff spot, but there is no way anyone in the top 5 won't make the playoffs. Only thing that would change is seeding.

The #6 Seed is between two teams, and amazingly they play each other this week.

One game, one playoff spot.

Rushin' Mafia vs. Breaston Plants

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/04/13 06:03 PM

Week 13 Summary
Quote:
This week, GangsterBB saw the most points scored overall in a single week. Aint First Your Last, NJ Giants, and Breaston Plants all clinched a playoff berth. Hot Asian Buns increased their lead to 2.0 games with a win over Yogi's Boyos. Aint First Your Last rose from fifth place to fourth. Aint First Your Last has won four consecutive matchups.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/04/13 06:04 PM

Let the Playoffs begin! Remember, if you're in the Bottom 6, you can still compete in the Consolation Rounds to try to improve your final standings....

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/06/13 10:27 PM

I mean, I wasn't thinking Matt Flynn would throw for 6TDs against the Lions again but I was hoping for more than -3 points.

Warning: Fantasy Football Whining: waaa waaaa waaaa
The game that really sucked to lose was the week before. 6 point loss. Ah well. Hopefully next year I can live draft and make better QB decisions. tongue Vick was great until injured, then Foles but he got injured and it looked like Vick would be back so I cut Foles and then he throws 7TDs in a game and generally does well. Case Keenum was a good replacement until he got benched unexpectedly. Matt Flynn was a terrible idea, mostly in retrospect but there must be a reason he went from Seattle to Oakland and Buffalo ten Green Bay in a season. I think I started Carson Palmer for a game and he did well enough.

Jeez, my team was a QB Carosel. I went through QBs like the Browns...

Calvin Johnson was amazing. Even with a "surprise I was supposed to play but I'm not this week and you won't know until after the games started," game.

Reggie Wayne is awesome, his injury derailed my fantasy team and my real team.

Julio Jones was Calvin Johnson or better amazing and probably the biggest loss of the season.

And yes, I know nobody cares.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/06/13 10:36 PM

Sometime when I am on my computer instead of my phone I will go through the matchup recaps and get everyone's season records vs. every team. I really like that feature and it is kind of like rotisserie but even better because it uses the weekly matchup factor that makes head to head so much better than just overall points scored.

I think it is a better indicator of the strength of a team than points scored. I wonder if in the future there will be leagues played that way. It is like playing several games a week with one roster and rewards consistency and makes week to week luck less of a factor, but it is still a factor (and that is a good thing.)

Rushin' Mafia would be 63-79-1. I'll make a whole list for the league later.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/07/13 12:22 AM

Hmm, doesn't seem quite right. JG at the top? Me near the bottom? It's all backwards. Right, Yogi?

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/07/13 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
Hmm, doesn't seem quite right. JG at the top? Me near the bottom?

Looks right to me.

I scored more points than anyone all season (yet I'm #5)... you scored in the Bottom 3, where you belong. tongue wink

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/07/13 04:15 PM

I finished bottom so I will get first draft pick next year smile

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/12/13 01:19 AM

Week 14 - Quarterfinals

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/12/13 04:10 PM

Well I never!!!!

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/14/13 07:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Well I never!!!!

...and I never... checked whom I had going for Thursday and didn't realize I had 3! All underachieved. Guess the best team is gonna miss out on the championship ring. ohwell

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/17/13 07:12 AM

Malta vs Malta for the title!

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/17/13 06:44 PM

Week 15 - Semifinals

Long-standing #2 NJ Giants (5) finally dominates Hot Asian Buns (1) to advance to the Finals, while his nephew, Breaston Plants (6), nudges out I.F.Y.M. (2) to advance as well. I.F.Y.M. and Buns will battle it out for 3rd/4th Place.

Meanwhile, Oogway's (3) bumps off Aint First Your Last (4) for 5th Place, dropping Aint to 6th. Lilo's Wolfpack (11) upsets Yao's China Buffet (7), while Just Lou (8) manhandles Yogi's Boyos (12). Lilo and Just Lou will battle it out for 7th/8th, Yao and Yogi will fight for 9th/10th.

Douche Bigelow (10) beat out former multi-Champion Rushin' Mafia (9) for 11th Place, dropping Rushin to dead last.

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/23/13 05:30 AM

207 points for the win!
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/23/13 05:01 PM

207 points for the win!

Good job. I hope you can do as good a job in the upcoming baseball season, and provide me with some competition this season. wink

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/24/13 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
I hope you can do as good a job in the upcoming baseball season, and provide me with some competition this season. wink

There's too much pressure being on top! lol

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/24/13 04:10 PM

Well done boss man cool

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/24/13 04:18 PM

FINAL

My goal for the season has been met: Beating multi-champ Rushin' Mafia. To my pleasant surprise, everyone else did, too! wink
Posted By: Lilo

Re: 2013 Yahoo! Fantasy Football - 12/24/13 08:39 PM

Congrats!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET