Re: Eagles - 08/16/13 02:14 AM

Steelers!!
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Eagles - 08/18/13 05:27 PM

[url=Eagles Fan]http://youtu.be/9JW1wZizk50[/url]

Sorry Serp, I couldn't resist - Giants Fan
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Eagles - 09/10/13 05:43 PM

Crazy game for the Birds last night and our hometown hero, Shady McCoy. I don't know if they'll make the playoffs, but with Chip Kelly that offense should be fun to watch all year.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Eagles - 09/11/13 09:52 AM

Our UK people were saying the same thing the same thing about the Eagles. Could be crazy but a lot of fun to watch..and any coach named after a foodstuff gets my blessing!!
Posted By: olivant

Re: Eagles - 09/12/13 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Crazy game for the Birds last night and our hometown hero, Shady McCoy. I don't know if they'll make the playoffs, but with Chip Kelly that offense should be fun to watch all year.

If I could only live to see it. A Superbowl between the Steelers and the Eagles.

Re: Eagles - 09/13/13 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant

If I could only live to see it. A Superbowl between the Steelers and the Eagles.

You and Hyman Roth lol. That would almost be as good and the Manning brothers in the Meadowlands in the snow.

Re: Eagles - 09/13/13 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant

It should have happened in 1980, 2006, and the best chance was 2009. If they ever meet in the Super Bowl, there will be a civil war in my neck of the woods.

Re: Eagles - 09/13/13 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
You and Hyman Roth lol. That would almost be as good and the Manning brothers in the Meadowlands in the snow.

That match up just might happen in the Super Bowl...if Eli is traded to a contender. tongue

Re: Eagles - 09/16/13 03:05 PM

Once again I make an early exit from my Survivor pool. Thanks to those wimp-ass Eagles. Hey, Chip .... you forgot about the defense. See, the pros are different from college. You can't score 70 points and allow 48. I hope you lose every game by 3 TDs. mad

Re: Eagles - 09/17/13 06:19 PM

Andy Reid knows the Eagles better than Chip Kelly, so when he brings his Chiefs into the Linc Thursday night, he very well may steal a victory.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Eagles - 09/18/13 02:06 PM

Andy Reid knows the Eagles better than Chip Kelly, so when he brings his Chiefs into the Linc Thursday night, he very well may steal a victory.

I concur!
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 02:57 PM

Nice call on the Chiefs. Nice reception for both Reid and Donovan.
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 02:59 PM

I had Jamal Charles and LeSean McCoy on one of my fantasy teams...needless to say, a good night by both my RB's. I said it before when Reid was hired, KC has a lot of young talent and now that they have Alex Smith and Jamal Charles along with a young, stout defense...They are at least a wild card team. I predict 11-5...especially with that soft schedule they have.

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 03:14 PM

How the hell did you get both Charles and McCoy on your team?! Unless it's a 4 team league, they might as well award you the championship now.

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 03:18 PM

12 team league and I franchised McCoy from last year (we are allowed one keeper per year, but not the same player two years in a row). McCoy had a down year last year. I had the #4 pick in the draft and I selected Charles.

Any advice-I got Larry Fitz and he is Q, I have Hakeem Nicks and Tavon Austin on my bench as well. This league is an IDP league as well, so the offensive talent is pretty equally distributed.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 03:21 PM

They beat the Skins on the road and then drop 2 home games in a row! This is going to be a tough season for us Eagle fans. That first game got my hopes up but it looks like reality is setting in. mad cry

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 03:25 PM

I'm a Miami Dolphins fan...LOL...sucks to be me for all these years. I grew up outside of Pittsburgh and I chose to the Dolphins (Dan Marino connection)...Boy have I been taken for a ride all these years...However, for Dolphins fans, there is something to excited about finally.

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleMan
Nice call on the Chiefs. Nice reception for both Reid and Donovan.

Philly gets a bad reputation, unfairly in my opinion, because of booing star players, halftime acts and Santa (the last of which, like Bill Parcells and Lawrence Taylor, was mercilessly pelted by snowballs, which I don't condone). But while Reid and McNabb had been vilified by fans frequently while in Philly, there was no doubt that they would be embraced last night for what they accomplished even though it wasn't a Super Bowl win.

Mitch Williams gave up a World Series ending homer in '93, which was the most painful moment in Phillies history, and for this franchise, which has lost more games than any team of any kind in the history of the planet, that's saying a lot, but Mitch lives in the Philly area, has a bar/restaurant/bowling place across the river bearing his name, and has become a favorite son, which surprised me.

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 04:22 PM

Mitch Williams gave up a World Series ending homer in '93, which was the most painful moment in Phillies history, and for this franchise, which has lost more games than any team of any kind in the history of the planet, that's saying a lot, but Mitch lives in the Philly area, has a bar/restaurant/bowling place across the river bearing his name, and has become a favorite son, which surprised me.

I still blame Jim Fergosi for that one. Everyone knew not to put Wildthing in and so what does he do????? AHHHH!!! mad

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 05:32 PM

Not to late to become a Steelers fan klydon1- 6 time World Champs, one of the iconic franchises in all of sports.

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB1977

Any advice-I got Larry Fitz and he is Q, I have Hakeem Nicks and Tavon Austin on my bench as well. This league is an IDP league as well, so the offensive talent is pretty equally distributed.

Giants have no running game and Eli has been throwing deep downfield. Nicks.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 09:53 PM

Philly gets a bad reputation, unfairly in my opinion, because of booing star players, halftime acts and Santa (the last of which, like Bill Parcells and Lawrence Taylor, was mercilessly pelted by snowballs, which I don't condone).

<snip>

I don't know. When your stadium needs its own jail and courthouse, I think the reputation might have been earned. wink

Re: Eagles - 09/20/13 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou

its own jail and courthouse...

What?!! Is this a joke?

Re: Eagles - 09/21/13 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: LittleMan
Originally Posted By: Just Lou
its own jail and courthouse...

What?!! Is this a joke?

Nope, it's no joke. At least i know they used to have it at the old Veterans Stadium. Not sure about the new stadium.

Re: Eagles - 09/21/13 12:59 AM

The court and jail are no longer. They just throw them in Delaware River if they act up.

Keep in mind, Philly is a very blue collar town, which spills over into South Jersey. These are the people who made Boardwalk Empire what it was; lawless and exuberant. It was the Philly blue collar folks who boarded trains on Friday to Atlantic City and returned on Sunday night. Booze, babes and gambling. The style has been passed down.

Re: Eagles - 09/21/13 02:20 PM

Not to late to become a Steelers fan klydon1- 6 time World Champs, one of the iconic franchises in all of sports.

JCB, I've been an ardent Steeler fan for more than 40 years. Outside of family it may be fair to say there's nothing in this life I love more than the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Maybe that should be inscribed on my tombstone some day. smile

Re: Eagles - 09/21/13 02:47 PM

I have never lived anywhere near Pittsburgh. But I have known scores of Steeler fans. And like klydon1, none of them are casual fans. They are serious fans, completely dedicated to supporting their team. Pretty amazing, considering the small size of the city.

The Packers have a similar following.

Re: Eagles - 09/21/13 03:12 PM

The Packers and Steelers have a similar blue collar fan base, and the team names of each honor the laborers of their cities.
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: Eagles - 09/21/13 04:08 PM

The Packers and Steelers have a similar blue collar fan base, and the team names of each honor the laborers of their cities.

Why what's a packer like fudgepacker?
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: Eagles - 09/21/13 04:10 PM

I'm a Miami Dolphins fan...LOL...sucks to be me for all these years. I grew up outside of Pittsburgh and I chose to the Dolphins (Dan Marino connection)...Boy have I been taken for a ride all these years...However, for Dolphins fans, there is something to excited about finally.

Did you grow up with Dan Marino. I know he's from Aiuppa, PA. I met him years ago at a Mike Schidmt celebrity golf tournament
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET