Home

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

Posted By: Don Smitty

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 06/11/13 07:37 PM

The G-Men will be holding their Training camp at the Meadowlands this year. Awesome!!!! No more Albany!!!!!! Can't wait to go and spend a day at the Timex Center and watch big blue practice!

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 06/11/13 07:39 PM

Thanks for the memories Bradshaw! Good luck with the Colts!!!!

DS

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 06/11/13 07:46 PM

Hakem Nicks reported to camp.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 06/13/13 11:49 AM

I can't wait to see how David Wilson develops. He showed his speed last year. Now we have to see what kind of predictable offense Kevin Gilbride unveils. Oh....the same one he's been using for 10 years.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 06/13/13 03:19 PM

I wish they had kept Bradshaw. The Colts signed him for little $. I do think Wilson will be great this year.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 06/13/13 03:58 PM

I'm guessing that this thread is replacing the Big Blue thread.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 06/13/13 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
I'm guessing that this thread is replacing the Big Blue thread.

I think that's a fair assessment. Smitty deserves a shot a opening the Big Blue season. I'm not sure why a Stealer fan would be commenting on this topic? tongue

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 06/14/13 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
I'm not sure why a Stealer fan would be commenting on this topic? tongue

What can I say? Every once in a while I like to go slumming. wink

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 06/14/13 04:49 PM

I'm not sure why a Stealer fan would be commenting on this topic? tongue

What can I say? Every once in a while I like to go slumming. wink

Do you mean when you go to Pittsboig? whistle
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 06/17/13 01:26 PM

There are 2 threads on boxing so surely we can have 2 threads on the Giants??

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 06/18/13 03:06 PM

I forgot there was a Ny Giant thread already, my bad.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/03/13 12:35 AM

Big Blue, what kind of team do we have? Injuries in the secondary seem to be the norm. The defense better find a way to prevent those BIG plays. The G-men need a middle linebacker who can rise up!

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/19/13 02:41 PM

0-2. Not looking like a good team. Where is the defense, where is the running game? Once again, another year with Offensive Coordinator (and I do mean OFFENSIVE) Kevin Killdrive and Perry Few will tackle. mad

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/19/13 03:33 PM

Poor stuff so far!!
Posted By: JCB1977

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/19/13 05:52 PM

Eli looks like a rookie, 7 picks in two games! Hakeem Nicks still hasn't played to his potential and their RB situation is abyssmal.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/19/13 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Poor stuff so far!!

I hope you are going to hang with us my futbol friend. I don't want to see you cheering for the Steelers. They are the evil empire lurking behind the despicable Cowgirls. They live on the other side of the tracks.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/20/13 03:48 PM

Poor stuff so far!!

I hope you are going to hang with us my futbol friend. I don't want to see you cheering for the Steelers. They are the evil empire lurking behind the despicable Cowgirls. They live on the other side of the tracks.

I always hang my hat on the Giants but as for the Wembley game I will be following the Steelers cos I have no time for the Vikings (don't ask me why though).

And I could never cheer on Dallas. I would rather root for a Longest Yard type team made up of Guantanamo Bay inmates.....

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/21/13 01:02 AM

Poor stuff so far!!

I always hang my hat on the Giants but as for the Wembley game I will be following the Steelers cos I have no time for the Vikings (don't ask me why though).

And I could never cheer on Dallas. I would rather root for a Longest Yard type team made up of Guantanamo Bay inmates.....

Steelers are an NFL original (or at least very old). If it can't be the Giants....OK, Steelers, but remember they stole their last Super Bowl on a blown call (block from behind), thus Stealers. tongue
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/21/13 06:32 PM

Whoa whoa, where's the love for the Stiller's? We're looking bad enough as it is and I've got this smack to contend with too?

Hey Yogi will I be seeing you at Wembley this year? A 13 year dream for me to see the black and gold and we've got to be in the worst shape I've seen us to be in, and we had a few bad years in the Cowher era. I'm a little scared about going, especially as one of my mate's also coming is a Viking.

Sorry for taking over the Giants thread.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/23/13 08:38 AM

Not for me this year mate. I got trips to Edinburgh for a pals birthday and a couple of trips in November to watch Rugby League World Cup games, so next year it will have to be!!

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/23/13 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Sorry for taking over the Giants thread.

That's OK Turi, after yesterday we might have to suspend the "G-man" thread until next year. What a pathetic showing. Who will get fired first; Coughlin, Perry Fewell, Kevin Gilbride or Rex Ryan?
Posted By: goombah

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/23/13 08:20 PM

I'm glad that I do not gamble. I would have never thought that the Giants would have opened up 0-3 and played so miserably against such as an inconsistent Panthers team. And adding insult to injury, Ahmad Bradshaw looked rejuvenated in Indy as their best RB.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/23/13 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: goombah
I'm glad that I do not gamble. I would have never thought that the Giants would have opened up 0-3 and played so miserably against such as an inconsistent Panthers team. And adding insult to injury, Ahmad Bradshaw looked rejuvenated in Indy as their best RB.

Well Goom you can bet on me that I'm very pissed off and this state of pissed-off is carried over from last year. Last year the defense was near the bottom and they didn't fire their D-Coordinator. They consistently stink in the Red Zone and they keep Kevin Kill-Drive. Only outstanding athletes have saved the offense. Well girls, your luck has run out.

Indy sure has a nice 1-2 punch with Richardson and Bradshaw. Who do the Giants have? Fumble Boy and Stonehenge.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/24/13 09:13 AM

Piss poor uhwhat
Posted By: olivant

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/24/13 05:54 PM

I don't know if I am more embarrassed this season by the Giants or the Steelers.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/25/13 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
I don't know if I am more embarrassed this season by the Giants or the Steelers.

The ole 1-2 embarrassment knock out. blush Yikes!

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/30/13 09:01 AM

Good grief sick

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/30/13 02:43 PM

Tough times for the Rooneys and the Maras. The only silver lining (and it's not really all that silver) is the rest of their divisions is mediocre. In fact, as poor as the Giants have been, losing all games by an average of 21 points, they are not only just 2 games behind an uninspiring Dallas team for first, but they are only one game behind the befuddled Eagles for second place. If they beat the Eagles next week in the Meadowlands, they're in second place, one game out of first because Denver will beat Dallas.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 09/30/13 04:25 PM

The division could end in a four way dead heat - 8Ws and 8Ls. And the insanity of the tie breaker will kick in. I had zero expectation for the Giants this year. Both lines are weak and aging. I can't even name their linebackers. And then you have 2nd and 3rd string D-backs. Their might be 5 good athletes on the team and one of them is the punter. At least the kick off guy won't get worn out. No rabbits to be pulled out of the hat.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/07/13 03:49 PM

In Week 9 the Giants have the bye week.

I'm picking the bye week and giving nine points.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/07/13 04:38 PM

Wondering who will replace Coughlin.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/07/13 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Wondering who will replace Coughlin.

i hope they dont fire him after all his accomplishments, but a few more loses and the poor guy might have a heart attack though.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/08/13 12:44 AM

That's a tough one. The spread may go up by then.

But seriously folks....the up-cycle has ended. Last year was the beginning of a 5 year down-cycle. The Eli era is coming to an end. Look for a clean sweep in February.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/11/13 03:21 PM

I think the East Rutherford High School defense has been playing for the Giants.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/12/13 04:04 PM

But seriously folks....the up-cycle has ended. Last year was the beginning of a 5 year down-cycle. The Eli era is coming to an end. Look for a clean sweep in February.

Eli has a lot of good football left in him. Do you think he may be shipped out.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/13/13 01:04 AM

No, Eli will be around, but I can't see him having those great Super Bowl years. The supporting cast is not capable of supporting. The Giants have reached the point of rebuilding and that will take time and talent. Coughlin is a proud man and may stay, but I think the O and D coordinators will be gone. Gilbride is a dinosaur and Fewell never measured up despite a miraculous SB year. I think us Giant's fans are in for a few dry years.
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/13/13 07:01 PM

I think the biggest problem is the O-Line. The Giants will fix that soon enough. The D-Line has talent, but hasn't played to expectations.

Eli needs a RB and the jury is out on Wilson's longevity with the starting role. The key is resigning Nicks this offseason.

Who would have thought the Jets would be the best team in NY this season?!

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/14/13 12:27 PM

No, Eli will be around, but I can't see him having those great Super Bowl years. The supporting cast is not capable of supporting. The Giants have reached the point of rebuilding and that will take time and talent. Coughlin is a proud man and may stay, but I think the O and D coordinators will be gone. Gilbride is a dinosaur and Fewell never measured up despite a miraculous SB year. I think us Giant's fans are in for a few dry years.

Well I am having a dry month so a few more years will not hurt surely........ uhwhat

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/14/13 05:56 PM

YOgi, perhaps you can analyze the Giant play and make some recommendation to Tom Coughlin. With your futbol expertise, maybe you can spot somethings that they are doing wrong. crazy

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/14/13 06:07 PM

Eli Manning called Peyton this week and asked him to review films of Eli's play this season. After he had a chance to see the films, Eli asked Peyton if he should change anything. Peyton replied, "Your last name."

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/15/13 09:29 AM

YOgi, perhaps you can analyze the Giant play and make some recommendation to Tom Coughlin. With your futbol expertise, maybe you can spot somethings that they are doing wrong. crazy

Coughlin is well known as a strict authoritarian type. I don't think he would be keen on my slacker attitude and sarcastic wit!!!

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/15/13 05:13 PM

Eli Manning called Peyton this week and asked him to review films of Eli's play this season. After he had a chance to see the films, Eli asked Peyton if he should change anything. Peyton replied, "Your last name."

Yeah, from Man-ning to Girl-ing.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/15/13 06:37 PM

Peyton told him to Mann up. Eli retorted, "Whatever you say 'Peyton'.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/22/13 11:39 AM

We're rollin' now baby! Giants beat a team almost as bad as them. Peyton Hillis and Michael Cox - a backfield duo of speed and power, reminds me of Thunder and Lightning; Ron Dayne and Tiki Barber.

Sack of the year...the decade....all time! Jared Allen sacks Eli with Will Beatty in between. I'll bet Beatty is getting a locker room ball-busting for that one.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/22/13 04:29 PM

Sack of the year...the decade....all time! Jared Allen sacks Eli with Will Beatty in between. I'll bet Beatty is getting a locker room ball-busting for that one.

That happened to me in 1974 midget football playing left guard for the Dunmore Lions. They put me in on the A team for a quarter where the 12 year olds played. I was ten. While I was beaming with confidence for receiving the honor to play on the A team, on the first play a defensive tackle (who exceeded the weight limit for the league, but played as his dad was league president and a cop) drove me into the backfield where I struck our quarterback and drove him deep into the turf. the quarterback's helmet, I remember, was twisted sideways.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/23/13 11:37 AM

....speaking of midget football....when I was a newly wed, we moved to an apartment in Suffern, NY. I came home from work one day and my wife informed me that she made a donation to the Suffern midgets. She said some kids had come to door soliciting donations. She felt sorry for them. She didn't know that so many midgets lived in Suffern. lol

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/23/13 03:17 PM

Watch the Giants go now!!!

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/23/13 05:04 PM

Watch the Giants go now!!!

You got it Yogi. The G-men are going to Philadelphia this weekend, where the Eagles have lost 9 straight home games; the NFL record is 14. Michael Vick will be back at QB. I wonder how long he will last. Nick Foles is out due to concussion, so that leaves 3rd string, rookie, Matt Barkley.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/28/13 12:35 AM

Ah, yes the Eagles are headed for the cellar. What an ugly game. Kevin Gilbride must have had sympathy for the Eagles to call such an inept offensive game. Please fire that man at the end of the season.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/28/13 12:50 AM

Giants played the two worst teams in football the last two weeks. Yes, even worse than the Jags, based on the inept QB play of Matt Barkley and Josh Freeman.

They simply don't look good, despite winning.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/28/13 06:15 PM

Oh, and the Lions miraculously kept the Giants' slim playoff hopes alive. Two games back in the win column.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/28/13 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleMan
Oh, and the Lions miraculously kept the Giants' slim playoff hopes alive. Two games back in the win column.

LM, that is no miracle...that is destiny. Superbowl in the Meadowlands...the Manning Bowl!

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/28/13 09:41 PM

LM, that is no miracle...that is destiny. Superbowl in the Meadowlands...the Manning Bowl!

They'll both be there this Feb for the Manning Bowl. They'll be in Section 332, Row 12, Seats 8 and 9. smile

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 10/29/13 12:34 AM

They'll both be there this Feb for the Manning Bowl. They'll be in Section 332, Row 12, Seats 8 and 9. smile

One row in front of Big Ben and Troy Hair. tongue
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 11/24/13 12:51 PM

regardless of how the season ends...the fact that Giants didn't give up, or start turning on each other is a testament to the front office and the head coach bringing in high character guys.

no "anonymous quotes" in the papers....no backstabbing...just going out there and putting forth the effort

and to the fair weather fans who threw dirt on eli..remember "to be the man, you've got to beat the manning"

SPANK THEM BOYS-no ROMO

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 11/24/13 01:53 PM

Well said G-Nets. Can No-Romo play in the wind? Tough conditions today.
Posted By: Cajunwhodat

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 11/25/13 02:32 AM

Damn I hate the cowboys
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 11/25/13 06:27 AM

They ran their mouths all week, and got punched in the face.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 11/25/13 07:08 AM

The Giants lost, the Browns lost AGAIN!!! UGH!!!

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 11/25/13 01:26 PM

Of course this week they will be talking about how they are going to play tough, blah, blah, blah. I think the players gave 100%, unfortunately they have a coaching staff that has been riding the coattails of the talent. Now that a few more players get dinged up the lame play calling is exposed. PLEASE get rid of Kevin Killdrive. Only the Giants can have 1st and goal from the five and come away with 3 points....against a mediocre defense.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 11/25/13 06:56 PM

They need major upgrades on the offensive line.
If it isn't Nicks, they need a WR to take some of the pressure off Cruz.
And they need an impact player on defense. They thought it was going to be JPP, but it's looking more and more likely it isn't.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 11/25/13 08:40 PM

Only the Giants can have 1st and goal from the five and come away with 3 points....against a mediocre defense.

I respectfully disagree with that statement. The Browns would come away with nothing or throw a interception. LOL

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 11/25/13 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
Only the Giants can have 1st and goal from the five and come away with 3 points....against a mediocre defense.

I respectfully disagree with that statement. The Browns would come away with nothing or throw a interception. LOL

Mig, I feel your pain...a little bit. I can not make disparaging remarks about the Browns. Those are left to the Dog Pound faithful, but being a loooooong time fan of the NFL, I have a deep respect for the Browns - Jim Brown, Bobby Mitchell, Lou "the Toe" Groza, and Milt Plum. Someday Mig, someday.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 11/26/13 01:41 AM

Thanks MC!! When Hoyer was QB we were actually winning games but when Weeden took over it went down hill and Campbell ain't any better. Browns fans always say "There's always next year" LOL!!

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/02/13 05:22 PM

I was shocked this morning when I saw the score 24 - 17 Giants. They were so inept in the first quarter I went to bed. WTF.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/04/13 06:59 PM

Becky & Frank were at that game MC.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/04/13 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
Becky & Frank were at that game MC.

Cool. My niece and hubby were there also. Maybe they sat next to each other! cool

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/09/13 06:18 PM

This season can't end fast enough.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/09/13 07:06 PM

At least you played the Eagles at the right time. smile

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/10/13 09:28 AM

On our UK NFL show they always ask a question for an online poll. Sunday gone it was who has the best defence this year? Some wag tweeted in "whoever the Giants are playing"

How humiliating sick

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/10/13 11:04 PM

On our UK NFL show they always ask a question for an online poll. Sunday gone it was who has the best defence this year? Some wag tweeted in "whoever the Giants are playing"

How humiliating sick

That wag was right cry

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/16/13 01:38 AM

Seattle, 23-0. Pack it in G-men. Your team is in a sorry state. Re-tool....big time.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/16/13 04:21 AM

Eli's goin'
Eli's goin'
Well you better hide your heart, your loving heart
Eli's a-goin' and the cards say... a broken heart

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/16/13 02:12 PM

Coughlin's goin'
etc. etc. tongue

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/16/13 05:55 PM

On the bright side, the entire division lost yesterday, and the giants were the only ones to lose to a team with a winning record.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/17/13 08:48 PM

On the bright side, the entire division lost yesterday, and the giants were the only ones to lose to a team with a winning record.

Thanks Kly, I feel a tiny bit better. How can a whole division go from being considered the toughest to being the whimpiest? I know - parity! When will the sports geniuses finally admit that Romo really isn't that good? When will Jerry Jones finally admit that he is their toughest opponent?

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/18/13 05:39 PM

Thanks Kly, I feel a tiny bit better. How can a whole division go from being considered the toughest to being the whimpiest? I know - parity! When will the sports geniuses finally admit that Romo really isn't that good? When will Jerry Jones finally admit that he is their toughest opponent?

The Romo apologists keep touting misleading statistics. They need to watch the game. His boneheaded interception that set up the winning score late in the game has to be examined in context. He checked out of a run when the cowboys were in a position to eat clock and command field position. But not only that, he spun around with pressure and forced a virtually blind pass over the middle where even a sack would have been preferable to an incomplete pass. These types of plays are his legacy.

Re: NY FOOTBALL GIANTS - 12/19/13 02:26 AM

Where was Tony ranked in his high school class......duh? He went to Eastern Illinois U.,(Div I-AA) not even drafted. He split with Carrie Underwood. How dumb is that? Tony Dumb.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET