Home

Explain to me: Is this Possible??!!

Posted By: NickyScarfo

Explain to me: Is this Possible??!! - 10/15/12 06:47 PM

Ok I'm a really big NFL fan, fairly new to the sport I love watching it and some of the athletic and physical feats I see amaze me. The thing that absolutely staggers me is the strength of these players. The reason is I workout a lot and am quite into lifting etc, but when I see some of the feats of college and NFL players it blows my mind, how is this possible? I'm talking about guys bench pressing 500 pounds plus, squats of 700 pounds and guys repping 35 plus times on the bench press combine.

How much of this is due to Steroids in your views? I know quite a few players have been caught doing it. I mean sometimes I just can't see this as natural, you have guys who are 250 pounds at 6 foot with 5% body fat! I know these guys are elite athletes who have been training with serious weight since high school and have nutritionists etc but still I wonder are they really mostly clean?!
I heard about a retired RB called Michael Pittman who had reportedly 21 and a half inch biceps which is just insane, anyone in the bodybuilding industry will tell you to get to 18 inch without steroids is the holy grail.
I would love anyone who knows about football, or who has been around college players etc to give me some insight into this! thanks
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Explain to me: Is this Possible??!! - 10/16/12 01:55 AM

I don't know for sure, but I'm sure steroids or some sort of performance enhancer is the reason you see what you see. Honestly, when it comes to such a physical sport as football, I don't blame players for using PED's. They do so at their own risk, but also to survive the beating they take and still be able to heal and play the following week. I know it's a controversial issue in other sports, but nobody seems to care about that in the NFL.
Posted By: SC

Re: Explain to me: Is this Possible??!! - 10/16/12 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Honestly, when it comes to such a physical sport as football, I don't blame players for using PED's.

I do (blame them). Call me old-fashioned but that is cheating. The PEDs are against the rules. Those players using them think the rules don't apply to them.

Cheating is sad. Very sad. I have no respect at all for a player who resorts to cheating.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Explain to me: Is this Possible??!! - 10/16/12 04:30 AM

I don't know for sure, but I'm sure steroids or some sort of performance enhancer is the reason you see what you see. Honestly, when it comes to such a physical sport as football, I don't blame players for using PED's. They do so at their own risk, but also to survive the beating they take and still be able to heal and play the following week. I know it's a controversial issue in other sports, but nobody seems to care about that in the NFL.

Yeah well I took steroids in college along with roomate's that were D1 Wrestlers. Everyone was on them when going to the gym on campus when I came home for Christmas my dad was glad I bulked up but had a talk with me about that shit
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Explain to me: Is this Possible??!! - 10/16/12 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

What were you taking HGH or anabolic? What were the effects like? Any negative effects?

Yeah well I took steroids in college along with roomate's that were D1 Wrestlers. Everyone was on them when going to the gym on campus when I came home for Christmas my dad was glad I bulked up but had a talk with me about that shit
Posted By: olivant

Re: Explain to me: Is this Possible??!! - 10/16/12 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

Cheating is sad. Very sad. I have no respect at all for a player who resorts to cheating.

clap
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Explain to me: Is this Possible??!! - 10/17/12 10:32 AM

No time for cheats in sport.

Chuck em out forever!!
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Explain to me: Is this Possible??!! - 10/18/12 03:34 AM

Then chuck out most athletes, because most cheat in some way. It would be naive to think any sport is clean, or even close to it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET