Home

NFL 2012.......

Posted By: Fat_Ralph

NFL 2012....... - 08/20/12 04:33 AM

Hey guys, I was just wondering who here is a NFL fan, and what teams do you route for.? Ive been a N.Y. Giants fan since, jeesh 1988-89, my outlook for the NYG's this year is probably 10-6 NFC East Champs and we will probably get bumped 1st/2nd round, I doubt we can make a run like we did last year and in '07, we need to step up our run game BIG TIME and our o-line is horrible at run blocking dont know how--that is our game I know the league has turned into a Pass happy league with what(?) 3 guys passing for 5k yds last season and Eli Manning only about 67yds short of the 5k mark but damn, the GMEN are known for ground&pound and ferocious D, also we need to get our D-backs on point--Terrell Thomas is out again for the year with the same ACL/MCL tear that had him sidelined last year and Ahmad Bradshaw is frail A.F. he left last nights game with a hand injury...

Also any Fantasy Football heads in here.? Ive been a Fantasy Football junkie for about 9yrs now, any thoughts on Fantasy Football.?
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/20/12 06:47 AM

Hi Ralph, I too am a Giants fan! New to the sport but loving it a lot, have some American friends who introduced me to it. Can't wait til the season starts, think Giants look good though don't think they will win the superbowl again.
I am really interested to see this years draft picks play like RG3, Luck and Trent Richardson. Also the whole Tebow thing should be interesting.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/20/12 07:18 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Hi Ralph, I too am a Giants fan! New to the sport but loving it a lot, have some American friends who introduced me to it. Can't wait til the season starts, think Giants look good though don't think they will win the superbowl again.
I am really interested to see this years draft picks play like RG3, Luck and Trent Richardson. Also the whole Tebow thing should be interesting.

Whats up Nicky, glad too see a fellow GMEN fan on here... Yea I dont think we are SB bound this season bro, I too am interested in this flock of rookies, Im more interested in the changing of the guard, with the balance shifting this is when we start to see the future of the NFL in the Lions, GB(even tho they have been relevant for yrs just new people at the helm is all)Houston an expansion team I remember when they first came in the league and now look at them they have everything they need to win their first SB in franchise history, the Bucs look like they are gonna be really good cant wait to see what happens there in the NFC South, going to be a GREAT NFL season..
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/20/12 04:36 PM

Yo Fat Ralph, we do have a "Go Big Blue" thread here somewhere for us GMEN fans. Tough to repeat. Amen on O line. They are getting old and Bradshaw can't do it alone. Don't recall if they drafted a running back, but hey, maybe they are banking on the passing game, which is fragile and short-handed.

San Fran, Denver, Cincy, Texans, could be trouble. One thing is for sure.....Cowgirls will be last in the NFC East.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/20/12 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Yo Fat Ralph, we do have a "Go Big Blue" thread here somewhere for us GMEN fans. Tough to repeat. Amen on O line. They are getting old and Bradshaw can't do it alone. Don't recall if they drafted a running back, but hey, maybe they are banking on the passing game, which is fragile and short-handed.

San Fran, Denver, Cincy, Texans, could be trouble. One thing is for sure.....Cowgirls will be last in the NFC East.

Marycas the Giants did draft a RB with their first draft pick, David Wilson, I took a look at his college stuff, looks good but he's not as big obviously as Jacobs was so we will see.
Posted By: olivant

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/22/12 09:22 PM

Pittsburgh Post-gazette: Italian Terrible Towel sales halted; suit dismissed

A federal lawsuit against a company selling an Italian language version of the Terrible Towel was dismissed Friday after both parties agreed the product was no longer being sold.

The AVS Foundation, which holds the trademark, filed the complaint along with the Pittsburgh Steelers against Nicholas Rossi and Husky Homes Inc., doing business as Tanto Abruzzo, and Squirrel Hill News Stand.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/loca.../#ixzz24JQMX4fN
Posted By: klydon1

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/23/12 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant

Pittsburgh Post-gazette: Italian Terrible Towel sales halted; suit dismissed

A federal lawsuit against a company selling an Italian language version of the Terrible Towel was dismissed Friday after both parties agreed the product was no longer being sold.

The AVS Foundation, which holds the trademark, filed the complaint along with the Pittsburgh Steelers against Nicholas Rossi and Husky Homes Inc., doing business as Tanto Abruzzo, and Squirrel Hill News Stand.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/loca.../#ixzz24JQMX4fN

That copyright is closely protected as proceeds from the sale of Terrible Towels benefit the Allegheny Valley School for mentally handicapped kids. My family must have a dozen Terrible Towels.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/23/12 04:28 PM

Terrible Towels for a Terrible Team whistle , but for a good cause.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/23/12 04:33 PM

Grrrrr.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/24/12 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

Grrrrr.

uhwhat
Posted By: Mark

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/24/12 11:43 PM

Everybody knows that real NFL fans root for Daaa Bears! Welcome to the BB, Fat Ralph! As you can see there are a lot of NFL fans here and we love ribbing one another over our beloved teams. BTW - good luck defending Cutler and our new air show tonight! wink
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/24/12 11:51 PM

Long-suffering Miami Dolphins fan here.

And we're gonna suck this year.

At least we get to choke in September instead of December.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/24/12 11:55 PM

ronnie - I am enjoying Hard Knocks on HBO... however, your coach doesn't seem to be a leader. Almost all his conversations were he needs to be assertive are watered down and wimpy.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/25/12 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Everybody knows that real NFL fans root for Daaa Bears! Welcome to the BB, Fat Ralph! As you can see there are a lot of NFL fans here and we love ribbing one another over our beloved teams. BTW - good luck defending Cutler and our new air show tonight! wink

Real NFL fans who were dropped frequently on their heads as infants root for Daaa Bears. Those that still possess a lick of sense root for the Steelers!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/25/12 04:12 PM

Real NFL fans who were dropped frequently on their heads as infants root for Daaa Bears. Those that still possess a lick of sense root for the Steelers!

Amen

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/25/12 10:57 PM

Amen

We interrupt dis playful banter to bring you dis important message... bydaway, it don't look like she was dropped on her head, my friend! Go Bears! wink

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/27/12 04:35 PM

Amen

Blasphemer!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/27/12 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Long-suffering Miami Dolphins fan here.

And we're gonna suck this year.

At least we get to choke in September instead of December.

Ronnie you been watching HBO Hard Knocks on the Dolphins? Not sure on your coach. Bold move to start Tannehill, looking forward to seeing that happen. On another note, Tannehill's wife...holy mackrel!!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/27/12 04:39 PM

Mark,

.....and for your penance, five Our Fahdahs, and 10 Hail Marys and thank you for posting the picture of a....fan.

Back to football,...Jets have not scored a pre-season touchdown. May that trend continue until Rex Ryan is gone.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/27/12 05:09 PM

Amen

Blasphemer!

Oops. I meant A-Ben!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/30/12 06:20 PM

NFL FANS... is there anyone interested in joining the Gangster BB Yahoo fantasy football draft league for this year? We have 12 teams, and a 13th willing, but we need an even number. That means there is ONE slot that would need to be filled. Fantasy experience preferred, and dedication to active play is essential.

There is not a lot of time left as the season starts Wednesday. The draft is set for Mon Sep 3 6:45pm EDT (but you don't have to be there).

Please post your interest and fantasy experience here, ASAP. A decision will be made no later than Sunday, and that decision will come from the Commissioner's Office (DB, JL, and myself).
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: NFL 2012....... - 08/30/12 10:31 PM

I can manage a 2nd team if needed, that way the rest of you can fight for 3rd instead of 2nd...........

Penis blah blah Penis, blow me, etc.. etc..
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/02/12 05:13 PM

Last call for the last slot (by a unique manager wink )

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/10/12 09:41 PM

How about those Stealers! uh, where's Oli and Kly? Hello, did Peyton disassemble the vaunted defense of the Stealers? Ouch. That's ok, the Stealers have the BRownies in their division. They might pull it out. Hamisburger can semi-rape some unsuspecting fan and get his juices flowing.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/11/12 09:51 PM

How about those Stealers! uh, where's Oli and Kly? Hello, did Peyton disassemble the vaunted defense of the Stealers? Ouch. That's ok, the Stealers have the BRownies in their division. They might pull it out. Hamisburger can semi-rape some unsuspecting fan and get his juices flowing.

Are you Abraham Washington?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/12/12 03:27 PM

You know you don't have to idolize Peyton Manning just because his ugly little sister is your QB. grin

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/12/12 04:43 PM

No, I'm George Lincoln.

Hey Klyd, those Manning sister sure can throw,..like girls.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/12/12 07:02 PM

No, I'm George Lincoln.

But not as good as Ben in AFC Campionship games or SBs.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/12/12 09:42 PM

No, I'm George Lincoln.

What was I thinking making a reference to a fired WWE performer who cracked a Kobe Bryant rape joke on live TV? *smacks self*
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/13/12 09:05 AM

You know you don't have to idolize Peyton Manning just because his ugly little sister is your QB. grin

Smack talk of the highest calibre...i love it tongue

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/13/12 04:36 PM

No, I'm George Lincoln.

What was I thinking making a reference to a fired WWE performer who cracked a Kobe Bryant rape joke on live TV? *smacks self*

Sorry RR, my WWE knowledge is very limited. Although I guess I was being a bit insensitive to Mr. Roth..ger and his adoring fans. tongue

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/13/12 07:24 PM

Sorry RR, my WWE knowledge is very limited. Although I guess I was being a bit insensitive to Mr. Roth..ger and his adoring fans. tongue

Very good. Just don't let it happen again, cowboy. wink

Then again, if you want to vilify someone, who was actually charged with rape, convicted and sentenced for sex crimes, and is registered as a sexual offender, you might recall a fellow in blue from your neck of the woods, who wore #56. smile

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/14/12 01:00 AM

Very good. Just don't let it happen again, cowboy. wink

Then again, if you want to vilify someone, who was actually charged with rape, convicted and sentenced for sex crimes, and is registered as a sexual offender, you might recall a fellow in blue from your neck of the woods, who wore #56. smile

No vilifying desires here, just fun-ifying. LT sure had (has) his problems. I wonder how long of a list there is with candidates for vilification?

The hotel LT got snagged in is located about 1 mile from my former residence in NY. It was common to spot LT in the Ramapo Diner close by. The owner's name was Dino and they used to play golf at the nearby public course. I saw LT there several times. His back swing was very short, I suppose due to his musculature, but he sure could hit it far.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/14/12 11:06 AM

Neither like nor dislike the Bears but could Jay Cutler be the most miserable QB around??

When things don't go for him he looks like a sulky teenager about to burst into tears!!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/14/12 11:52 AM

Although in hindsight and to be fair to grumpy young Cut...he had to endure a bad night with terrible protection.

I imagine he went to bed and had nightmares about that hairy monstrosity Clay Matthews bearing down on him all night......
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/14/12 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Although in hindsight and to be fair to grumpy young Cut...he had to endure a bad night with terrible protection.

I imagine he went to bed and had nightmares about that hairy monstrosity Clay Matthews bearing down on him all night......

that's been our weakness for three seasons now. we finally got our receivers, but no protection. its still going to be a tough year, and i hope they can get better...other wise i dont expect a long post season (if they make it that far).

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/15/12 03:30 PM

The sports pundits were saying all week how the Packers defense stinks. If they do, then the Bears O-line must exceed stink. Oh the headaches when an Offensive line is offensive. That's my fear with he Giants.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/16/12 09:34 PM

Patriots. 14 pt favorite and they lose by 2. I hate the fucking Patriots. This committee owes an apology. I had them fuck heads in my Survior Pool and they lose to the shit scum Cardinals. Fuck you Beli-cheater-cjeck and your pompous ass Patriot, spineless, jelly fish team.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/17/12 05:44 PM

Patriots. 14 pt favorite and they lose by 2. I hate the fucking Patriots. This committee owes an apology. I had them fuck heads in my Survior Pool and they lose to the shit scum Cardinals. Fuck you Beli-cheater-cjeck and your pompous ass Patriot, spineless, jelly fish team.

lol Try the decaf.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/17/12 05:52 PM

The NFL has to realize that the regular refs need to return. I think it was incredibly embarrassing for Goodell and the league that the sideline judge, scheduled to work the Saints-Panthers game, was a fervent, lifelong Saints' fan. By halftime of the Rams and Redskins, multiple analysts were calling that game the worst officiated in the league. They're calling penalties as though they get paid every time they throw a flag.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/18/12 12:47 AM

The NFL has its hands full. Criminals on the field and its a crime that they can't get the officiating right. In an age of instant, super slo-mo, repetitious replays, you'd think they would want to have cream of the crop, top paid officials. Maybe they think robots would be better. They are almost there.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/18/12 03:17 PM

There is a replacement official, who is actually a referee from lingerie bowl. If Goodell doesn't want to bring back the regular refs, he should turn the travesty into a promotion: One lucky fan, picked at random, gets to come down on the field and join the officiating crew. It can't be worse.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/18/12 04:20 PM

Good idea Klyd, but I would rather referee the lingerie bowl. Pick me! Pick me!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/18/12 06:47 PM

Host/NFL Films co-founder Steve Sabol has died at the age of 69 from a brain tumor.

How sad. I grew up watching all his clip shows (and blooper specials) on ESPN in the afternoons, how he and his capsulized the entire history of the NFL and made iconic coaches/players larger than life, a mythology of past titans that stunned and awed you with their God-given talents and self-earned victories. As a kid they somehow made pivotal moments (Jets win SB3, Norwood goes wide left, Ice Bowl, etc.) all come off on the level of friggin Pearl Harbor.

Good shit.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/18/12 11:51 PM

Neither like nor dislike the Bears but could Jay Cutler be the most miserable QB around??

When things don't go for him he looks like a sulky teenager about to burst into tears!!

Unfortunately, that is known in The Windy City as "Cutler's Jerk Face". I thought after three years he would have lost it but he had it in Denver as well... frown

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/18/12 11:53 PM

Good idea Klyd, but I would rather referee the lingerie bowl. Pick me! Pick me!

Referee it? I'd rather play in it! wink

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/19/12 12:11 AM

Unfortunately, that is known in The Windy City as "Cutler's Jerk Face". I thought after three years he would have lost it but he had it in Denver as well... frown

i only saw it when that joke of a head coach tried to bring in matt casel. it pissed cutler off, and he demanded a trade. anyways though, if i was in his shoes i would be pissed off at all times. for one thing on the field, the o-line has been terrible for three years. for another he hasn't had a steady offensive coach (one year of turner, two with martz and his complicated offense). then off the field we have the chicago fans and media who scrutinized him so much. it reminds me on how philly treated mcnabb.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/19/12 12:40 AM

I never thought much of Cutler. I've always described him as a million dollar arm with a ten cent head.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/25/12 07:43 PM

Did ya'll watch that absolutely disguting call in last night's Green Bay game?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/25/12 09:10 PM

Did ya'll watch that absolutely disguting call in last night's Green Bay game?

the packers did get robbed, and should be pissed.

but, as a bears fan...yea i was laughing at the end (besides that bad call, but the fact the packers couldn't score or stop the seahawks).
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: NFL 2012....... - 09/25/12 09:55 PM

packers deserve it

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/02/12 07:29 PM

I so enjoyed the Bears crushing the Cowboys last night and Romo's implosion. However, in two weeks I will find myself in the uncomfortable position of routing for the Cowboys when they play the Ravens. Go Steelers!

Kly, the Steelers play the Eagles on Sunday. With what team will your allegience lie?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/03/12 07:44 PM

Kly, the Steelers play the Eagles on Sunday. With what team will your allegience lie?

Always with the Steelers. I hnever cared much for the Eagles. Where I live the fans are split evenly between Steeler and Eagle fans, and whenever they play, the name calling starts early. It's the Pennsylvania Super Bowl.

Harrison and Polamalu are returning to the lineup, which will present a problem for Vick. I'm picking the Steelers by 8.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/04/12 04:32 AM

I hope you're right Kly. But, I'm not as sanguine about the Steelers as you. In fact, I'm hoping Mendenhall is fully recovered and gives the Steelers that extra dimension so Ben can pile up the points. I just don't know about their defense.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/05/12 06:54 PM

I hope you're right Kly. But, I'm not as sanguine about the Steelers as you. In fact, I'm hoping Mendenhall is fully recovered and gives the Steelers that extra dimension so Ben can pile up the points. I just don't know about their defense.

The defense fell apart in the second half at Oakland, mostly because of the lack of a consistent pass rush. Polamalu and Harrison have been the most vital elements of Dick LeBeau's zone blitz for years. I'm thinking their presence on the field shouild make the other players more effective.

Eagle running back LeSean McCoy is a hometown favorite here in Harrisburg, but on Sunday he's the enemy.

Unfortunately, I'll likely not see the game as my son has a baseball tournament in Maryland.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/07/12 03:48 PM

The defense fell apart in the second half at Oakland, mostly because of the lack of a consistent pass rush. Polamalu and Harrison have been the most vital elements of Dick LeBeau's zone blitz for years. I'm thinking their presence on the field shouild make the other players more effective.

Eagle running back LeSean McCoy is a hometown favorite here in Harrisburg, but on Sunday he's the enemy.

Unfortunately, I'll likely not see the game as my son has a baseball tournament in Maryland.

Wait. You mean to tell me that you are choosing family over football? What is this Nation coming to!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/08/12 08:41 PM

Wait. You mean to tell me that you are choosing family over football? What is this Nation coming to!

As fate would have it, it was raining so hard in Maryland Sunday morning, they had to cancel the games for that day. That liberated me to watch the game. I watched it at our K of C club where it was warm enough to view it on the deck with dollar drafts and an open buffet. The Steeler and Eagle fans were equally divided. Good food, dollar drafts, fun people, and a great result.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/14/12 05:02 PM

As much as I hate to state so, the Cowboys take the Ravens straight up.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/14/12 11:41 PM

To be fair, Ravens lost both their top CB and LB for the year today.

Are we going to applaud the Cowboys if they beat a kid with asthma?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/16/12 11:50 AM

Whilst watching my tape of SNF featuring the Packers v Texans yesterday with my middle boy Andrew he raised a very interesting point.

He wanted to know if it was a proper NFL game and i said it was and why was he asking that?

Oh he replied, it was just that there were so many white guys playing he thought it wasn't a proper game!!

From the mouths of babes....even if he is 12 tongue
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/16/12 03:33 PM

As much as I hate to state so, the Cowboys take the Ravens straight up.

Ahem.

Now I don't normally lay ten points, but write this down. The Patriots, coming off that horrible loss to the Seahawks last week, will annihilate the Jets this Sunday.

Rex Ryan, fat pig that he is, guaranteed a victory for the Jets yesterday. So there you go.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/16/12 04:23 PM

Whilst watching my tape of SNF featuring the Packers v Texans yesterday with my middle boy Andrew he raised a very interesting point.

He wanted to know if it was a proper NFL game and i said it was and why was he asking that?

Oh he replied, it was just that there were so many white guys playing he thought it wasn't a proper game!!

From the mouths of babes....even if he is 12 tongue

lol

It reminds me of the time when my younger boy was in first grade and was trying to answer a question from a woman from another state. She wanted to know what we called the advanced and proficient students placed in a higher learning program.

Thinking that her obnoxious brat belonged, she asked my son, "Do they call them gifted? Honors? advanced?"

He looked confused, so she said, "What do you call the really smart kids in your school?"

He then smiled confidently and replied, "Oh! We call them Asians."

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/16/12 11:03 PM

Steelers will play the Vikings in Sepember 2013 in London. Any restaurant suggestions Yogi?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/17/12 09:04 AM

Steelers will play the Vikings in Sepember 2013 in London. Any restaurant suggestions Yogi?

2 games a year now eh? Wow!!

Try the Ivy Oli, i will have a word, get you in tongue

P.S. I wasn't going to go to the Jags v 49ers gfame in October but this one i am cool
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: NFL 2012....... - 10/26/12 01:13 PM

Great job Minnesota yesterday frown

Run defense has been porous last few games.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/12/12 12:03 AM

The Cowboys went from trailing by 7 to leading by 14...all without Tony Romo and the offense setting a foot on the field.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/13/12 06:23 PM

Uh-oh Kyl and Oli, Big Ben is ailing and two games with the Ravens ahead of them. Those towels might be used for wiping tears away.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/13/12 07:54 PM

Uh-oh Kyl and Oli, Big Ben is ailing and two games with the Ravens ahead of them. Those towels might be used for wiping tears away.

There are no tears in Pittsburgh. We just have to reload because the standard is the standard. wink

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/13/12 11:02 PM

That is the difference between the Steelers and other teams: they keep chugging along. Remember 2010 when Ben was suspended? They went 3-1 and to the SB.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/15/12 02:05 PM

That is the difference between the Steelers and other teams: they keep chugging along. Remember 2010 when Ben was suspended? They went 3-1 and to the SB.

The mark of a well-oiled machine, good coaching, and talent. You might recall the Giants won their second Super Bowl without Phil Simms. Jeff Hostetler steps in and business as usual.

I heard this morning that Ben's 1st rib is dislocated and that is a serious injury because the aorta is nearby. The danger comes from a break, so he is fortunate. A broken 1st rib can puncture a major vein.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/15/12 10:41 PM

The mark of a well-oiled machine, good coaching, and talent. You might recall the Giants won their second Super Bowl without Phil Simms. Jeff Hostetler steps in and business as usual.

I heard this morning that Ben's 1st rib is dislocated and that is a serious injury because the aorta is nearby. The danger comes from a break, so he is fortunate. A broken 1st rib can puncture a major vein.

Curious that you mention Hostetler and Roethlisberger in the same post. They're the only 2 quarterbacks of Swiss descent to have won Super Bowls. How's that for trivia?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/22/12 04:59 PM

Big Ben's wife gave birth last night to a boy; weighed 7 lbs. How about that! In 20 years he'll be drafted by the Steelers and the legacy lives on.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/24/12 12:05 AM

Appropriate that he's a 7 pounder for #7.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/24/12 12:16 AM

Appropriate that he's a 7 pounder for #7.

Well, I may not be around for the 2033 NFL draft, but I'll bet Little Ben will be in it.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/24/12 02:36 AM

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/24/12 10:56 PM

If Sanchez is the worst, Tony Romo isn't far behind him.

I felt bad for the Lions when the touchdown against them should have easily been overturned on replay, but could not be reviewed because their head coach tossed his red flag to request a review. Using typical NFL logic, because scoring plays are automatically reviewed, the referees penalized Coach Swartz for unsportsmanlike conduct for challenging the outcome of the play. The NFL doesn't mind inconsistency or shifting standards of review when it comes to penalties for illegal hits or pass interference, but they will not tolerate superfluous activity.

The worst part of it is that because the Lions challenged the play when it was going to be anyhow, they refused to review a scoring play that should have been obviously overturned.
Posted By: goombah

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/24/12 11:43 PM

I don't think Sanchez is the worst, but that play has to rank among the all-time most embarrassing. Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell are two of the worst QBs ever.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/25/12 11:58 PM

If Sanchez is the worst, Tony Romo isn't far behind him.

I felt bad for the Lions when the touchdown against them should have easily been overturned on replay, but could not be reviewed because their head coach tossed his red flag to request a review. Using typical NFL logic, because scoring plays are automatically reviewed, the referees penalized Coach Swartz for unsportsmanlike conduct for challenging the outcome of the play. The NFL doesn't mind inconsistency or shifting standards of review when it comes to penalties for illegal hits or pass interference, but they will not tolerate superfluous activity.

The worst part of it is that because the Lions challenged the play when it was going to be anyhow, they refused to review a scoring play that should have been obviously overturned.

Klyd, this was a major rant by sports analyst/host Mike Francesa on WFAN in NY. He was livid about the double penalization that this rule invoked - and this was before the Detroit game. Bureaucratic rule-making at its worst.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/25/12 11:59 PM

....btw, we Giant fans don't mind that Tony Romo is second worse to Sanchez.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/26/12 07:31 AM

Has Gang Green chanted for Tebow yet?
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/26/12 07:38 AM

Has Gang Green chanted for Tebow yet?

I don't know ronnie your the media expert how many stars did Lincoln get lol

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/26/12 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

I don't know ronnie your the media expert how many stars did Lincoln get lol

Less than the Jets allegedly have now on their roster, but plays alot better than them!

Will Ryan get canned in the off-season?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/26/12 11:00 AM

Big Ben's wife gave birth last night to a boy; weighed 7 lbs. How about that! In 20 years he'll be drafted by the Steelers and the legacy lives on.

Good for Ben and his wife.

What's the betting that when the Steelers come to London next year he will get his picture taken with the other famous Big Ben. You know that old clock next to the houses of Parliament??

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/26/12 05:58 PM

Chicago fans.....you are welcome, from the Giant fans.

Steeler fans...are you getting nervous?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/26/12 06:53 PM

If Ben is back in 2 weeks, we should be fine. But there is still no way that they should have lost to Cleveland...even if I were behind center. smile

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/26/12 06:55 PM

What's the betting that when the Steelers come to London next year he will get his picture taken with the other famous Big Ben. You know that old clock next to the houses of Parliament??

I hadn't thought of that, but I'm sure it will happen, Yogi. However, where I'm from, it's not Roethlisberger having his picture taken with Big Ben, but Big Ben having its picture taken with Roethlisberger. wink

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/26/12 07:08 PM

I hadn't thought of that, but I'm sure it will happen, Yogi. However, where I'm from, it's not Roethlisberger having his picture taken with Big Ben, but Big Ben having its picture taken with Roethlisberger. wink

Here! Here!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/26/12 11:09 PM

If Ben is back in 2 weeks, we should be fine. But there is still no way that they should have lost to Cleveland...even if I were behind center. smile

Klyd, you look more like a pulling guard. But 8 turnovers!? Even the World Champion New York Football Giants would have a hard time overcoming that debacle.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/27/12 01:19 AM

Wow the Browns actually beat their longtime rivals yesterday, no less in the same weekend Ohio State beat that team up north. The Browns game was just ugly to watch, but beating the maize-n-blow was a thing of beauty.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/27/12 02:25 AM

Klyd, you look more like a pulling guard. But 8 turnovers!? Even the World Champion New York Football Giants would have a hard time overcoming that debacle.

I actually was a left pulling guard for the 1977 Midget Football League champion Dunmore Lions. The left tackle now owns a construction company, the right tackle works for the county, the center is in jail for murder andthe right guard became an astronaut and flew the space shuttle and worked on the international space station.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/27/12 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: goombah
Wow the Browns actually beat their longtime rivals yesterday, no less in the same weekend Ohio State beat that team up north. The Browns game was just ugly to watch, but beating the maize-n-blow was a thing of beauty.

Congratulations on the Browns' win, goombah. Let's not make a habit out of it. wink I fortunately didn't see the game.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/27/12 03:11 AM

Congratulations on the Browns' win, goombah. Let's not make a habit out of it. wink I fortunately didn't see the game.

I read that in the few times Cleveland has beaten Pitt since returning to the NFL, the Steelers have not made the playoffs. After Baltimore next week, Pitt's schedule gets easier. There are no clear favorites coming from the AFC this year.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/27/12 03:26 AM

I read that in the few times Cleveland has beaten Pitt since returning to the NFL, the Steelers have not made the playoffs. After Baltimore next week, Pitt's schedule gets easier. There are no clear favorites coming from the AFC this year.

There'll certainly be some surprises.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/27/12 05:39 PM

I'm sure the media would love a Luck v. Manning playoff game.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/27/12 05:45 PM

Not as much as a Manning v. Manning Super Bowl wink.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/27/12 05:57 PM

And if there's a Manning family Super Bowl, the Ryan family can park the cars.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/28/12 03:01 PM

Point taken Klyd smile

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/28/12 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Not as much as a Manning v. Manning Super Bowl wink.

It would be a great build up to M&M. Could you imagine how sick of the commercials we would be, and all the inane interviews and analysis. panic

Re: NFL 2012....... - 11/28/12 10:14 PM

And if there's a Manning family Super Bowl, the Ryan family can park the cars.

...and the Harbaugh Brothers can be security.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/03/12 10:52 PM

I'm posting this for Olivant. "How 'bout them Steelers". For some reason he thought they were a Random Sport. They will be in few weeks. tongue

It was great to see a veteran QB have a good day. Way-to-go Charlie Batch!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/05/12 01:02 AM

Seems like the Steelers play up or down to the talent they are facing that week. They looked terrible against the Browns but pretty good against Baltimore.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/05/12 03:05 PM

Seems like the Steelers play up or down to the talent they are facing that week. They looked terrible against the Browns but pretty good against Baltimore.

I would bet that Tomlin gave them an "inspirational" talkin' to.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/06/12 02:34 AM

Steelers are goin' to the Superbowl ... I got a feelin'

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/06/12 04:06 AM

Steelers are goin' to the Superbowl ... I got a feelin'

With Ben coming back in a week or so, Polamalu back, and Harrison regaining pre-injury form, they'll be the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/07/12 02:53 AM

I'm concerned about Ben's return this week. That rib injury is dangerous and he can't avoid getting hit at least once.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/07/12 03:31 AM

I'm concerned about Ben's return this week. That rib injury is dangerous and he can't avoid getting hit at least once.

It'll be good to see him behind center, but I'm kind of surprised he's back this week.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/07/12 03:48 AM

It'll be good to see him behind center, but I'm kind of surprised he's back this week.

I don't think he's completely healed. I've been told that a rib does not dislocate; it breaks. If so, it's too soon. Will he wear a flak jacket?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/09/12 08:51 PM

Were the Steelers actually home today? whistle

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/09/12 09:17 PM

Were the Steelers actually home today? whistle

Nobody was home. I think Ben came back too soon and then facor in the Bal/Pgh effect. If you look at the week after these two teams play each other, they are usually flat. The filthy Ravens are in OT fighting for their life against the Skins, whom they're considerably better than.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/09/12 09:32 PM

The Skins and Cowboys both came back and won today. Those turds. The Giants REALLY have to win now.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/09/12 10:08 PM

I loathed doing it, but I rooted for the Cowboys today. Well, they came through and the Steelers control their fate by winning the next 3 games.

Ben did okay, but what in the world is the problem with the running game?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/09/12 10:23 PM

The Skins and Cowboys both came back and won today. Those turds. The Giants REALLY have to win now.

I have a hard time seeing Dallas or Washington winning the division, but nothing will shock me in the NFL this year. It's a big game for the Giants because I think 2 of their last three games looked kind of tough.

If the Bengals beat Dallas, they'd have moved past Pittsburgh in the wild card race.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/10/12 02:06 PM

Whilst i was cheering for the Giants, my middle boy Drew was devastated due to him being a massive Saints and Drew Brees fan!!!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/10/12 03:51 PM

I have a hard time seeing Dallas or Washington winning the division, but nothing will shock me in the NFL this year. It's a big game for the Giants because I think 2 of their last three games looked kind of tough.

Well, now it's two out of the last four, Klyd lol.

But I agree with you. My only comfort is that the Giants play their best against the better teams, and they don't have any "pushovers" left on the schedule. So I think they'll rise to the occasion.

During this regular season, they already spanked two of the three NFC teams that they beat en route to last year's Super Bowl. Next week they'll have the chance to complete the sweep in Atlanta. Here's hoping . . .

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/11/12 02:49 AM

The Panthers beat the Falcons, go figger and the Giants play the Falcons this week. go figger some more.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/13/12 02:50 PM

Just getting round to watching my tape of SNF and enjoying an old fashioned bust up in the snow. One point however, i don't like to see these big tough guys with long sleeved shirts on under their game jerseys. I know it is cold and horrible but when it is time to go to the trenches i would want to be with a fella showing his toughness. Put a jacket and a woolly hat on on the sidelines to keep warm but on the field show some balls fellas!!

Thankfully there are only a few of these big jessies on show whistle

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/13/12 02:51 PM

By the way, when i say show some balls, i don't mean balls as in balls. I mean balls tongue

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/13/12 03:02 PM

You know, Yogi, you seem to enjoy the American game so much, I really hope you make it here for a live one some day. I'll buy the beers. We'll leave the women folk at home smile.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/13/12 03:06 PM

You know, Yogi, you seem to enjoy the American game so much, I really hope you make it here for a live one some day. I'll buy the beers. We'll leave the women folk at home smile.

Well i have seen a couple of games in London but i would give my eye teeth to see a game on your side of the pond. I love it, i really do. The women can go shopping...and oh yes if you are buying, a word of warning, i get awful thirsty lol lol

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/13/12 03:36 PM

Although tagliabue adopted the findings of the commissioner, his exoneration of the players in the Bountygate matter was a swift kick in the ass to "Wrong Again" Roger Goodell.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/13/12 03:44 PM

Although tagliabue adopted the findings of the commissioner, his exoneration of the players in the Bountygate matter was a swift kick in the ass to "Wrong Again" Roger Goodell.

Amen, Counselor clap.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/13/12 06:31 PM

Expanding the playoffs is even dumber than more international games and 18 game seasons...

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/13/12 10:42 PM

Goodell is going to end up mongrelizing the NFL to the point where winning the SB is the equivalent of holding any one of a number of heavyweight boxing titles.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/13/12 11:37 PM

Goodell is walking a fine line between owners ($$) and player safety. He is being pulled by both sides. The next few years could get very interesting.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/14/12 08:45 PM

Goodell is going to end up mongrelizing the NFL to the point where winning the SB is the equivalent of holding any one of a number of heavyweight boxing titles.

I agree. The consideration of expansion of wild card teams or the season is not at all based on a logical and fair way to determine the ultimate champion, but on generating the most money for the league.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/14/12 08:48 PM

Goodell is walking a fine line between owners ($$) and player safety. He is being pulled by both sides. The next few years could get very interesting.

Goodell is not too concerned with player safety. He is more concerned with an arbitrary, machine gun style approach to imposing fines on hard hits in an effort to try to insulate the league from eventual liability for the consequences of head injuries.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/17/12 04:12 PM

Found it a bit tasteless to see the Dallas fella who was driving the car, drunk which resulted in his team-mates death, standing on the sidelines yesterday smiling and shucking it up with pals!!!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/17/12 05:36 PM

Embarrassing day for the Big Blue. And the ONE f'n day in my life that I root for the Steelers . . .

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/17/12 06:09 PM

Found it a bit tasteless to see the Dallas fella who was driving the car, drunk which resulted in his team-mates death, standing on the sidelines yesterday smiling and shucking it up with pals!!!

Absolutely. That turned my stomach as much as losing to the Cowboys. sick

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/17/12 06:11 PM

Embarrassing day for the Big Blue. And the ONE f'n day in my life that I root for the Steelers . . .

lol I'm surprised that with the ass kicking you received from Matt Ryan, you were able to sit and watch the 4:30 game.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/17/12 06:13 PM

^^^^
Wasn't easy, Counselor ohwell.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/17/12 06:36 PM

^^^^
Wasn't easy, Counselor ohwell.

I hear ya. I woke up Sunday morning from a dream where the Cowboys had beaten the Steelers on an interceeption by someone named Terrance. i had a bad feeling about it all day.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/17/12 07:39 PM

Steelers will convincingly beat the Bengals and Browns and move onto the playoffs. I sense a littel of thir 2005 season present.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/18/12 05:12 AM

Steelers will convincingly beat the Bengals and Browns and move onto the playoffs. I sense a littel of thir 2005 season present.

That's the good news. They control their destiny with wins in their final games at home against Cleveland and Cincy, two teams they've handled very well in the past 15 years.

I'm enjoying the problems the Ravens are having. Sure, they're missing some defensive players, but Flacco has been playing like the worst QB in the NFL, who's not named Sanchez.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/18/12 01:09 PM

Just watched my SNF tape this morning.

Wow, what a crazy game, thoroughly entertaining.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/18/12 03:54 PM

I hear that Modell's is expecting quite the rush on Mark Sanchez jerseys this Christmas. I understand they make a fine car wash shammy.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/18/12 04:27 PM

I think Sanchez dropped to a new low. I also think the Rex Ryan Era is coming to a crashing halt. Maybe Andy Reid'll be on the Jets' sideline next year.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/18/12 04:48 PM

I also think the Rex Ryan Era is coming to a crashing halt.

Yeah. I'm in the minority, but I think Rex might go. His players love him, but the other teams just get too riled up to play the guy because of his big mouth. And it runs in his family: They're great defensive coordinators, but lousy head coaches.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/18/12 04:49 PM

You know, the Jets debacle with Tebow et al makes me wonder about the expertise that we accrue to NFL coaches. How good was Sanchez; could another team have turned him into a consistently productive QB?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/18/12 04:54 PM

You know, the Jets debacle with Tebow et al makes me wonder about the expertise that we accrue to NFL coaches. How good was Sanchez; could another team have turned him into a consistently productive QB?

You make a good point, Oli. Because you know as well as I do that once a young quarterback is "ruined," he'll hardly ever redeem himself with a different team. It's the NFL version of shell shock. So when this kid is 50 years old and looking back, he has to ask himself "what if" he had a different head coach out of the gate. He'll also have to ask himself "what if" he listened to Pete Carroll and stayed at USC for his final year wink.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/18/12 05:31 PM

Because of his contract the Jets can't easily part with Sanchez. I'm not sure the extent, to which Sanchez could have developed, but Rex Ryan hasn't developed him at all. If Sanchez can improve (and I don't think he can descend any more), he needs a different approach, and that's why I suggested Andy Reid, who made his name in Green Bay as the guy that helped to develop Brett Favre.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/19/12 01:41 PM

It could be worse for the Jets fans.

They could be Eagles fans lol

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/19/12 03:54 PM

You know Kly, despite my decades of watching NFL football, the Tebow debacle has really struck a nerve with me. I know that he is criticized because of his mechanics and all, but the waste of whatever talent he had is really a sin. We think that these coaches and GMs are geniuses, but this proves that they are not.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/19/12 04:38 PM

You know Kly, despite my decades of watching NFL football, the Tebow debacle has really struck a nerve with me. I know that he is criticized because of his mechanics and all, but the waste of whatever talent he had is really a sin. We think that these coaches and GMs are geniuses, but this proves that they are not.

I couldn't agree more, Oli. They traded for Tebow to steal headlines from the Giants who had just won their second Super Bowl in five years, which was a very selfish motive. This kid Tebow may never become a big league quarterback, but he deserves better treatment than he got from the Jets. That's why their organization is as big a joke today as it's been for the past forty years.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/19/12 04:50 PM

I couldn't agree more, Oli. They traded for Tebow to steal headlines from the Giants who had just won their second Super Bowl in five years, which was a very selfish motive. This kid Tebow may never become a big league quarterback, but he deserves better treatment than he got from the Jets. That's why their organization is as big a joke today as it's been for the past forty years.

I just can't understand why so many teams refuse to follow the success model that has been established by the Steelers, Patriots, and Giants. Those teams would never have done what the Jets did regarding Tebow.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/20/12 02:32 AM

Very true. Many teams try to attain excellence by plucking assistant coaches from successful programs, but they have front offices without vision or a defined plan..The essential elements of building success are stability and consistency.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/20/12 08:40 PM

The essential elements of building success are stability and consistency.

Mike Greenberg must have heard you say this. lol

The other morning they were adding up the number of coaches the Jets have had. I don't remember the number, but they seem to change every 2-4 years. While Pittsburgh had 3 coaches since 1970; Noll, Cowher and Tomlin. (Is that right?) Jets-Mets similar; Yanks-Giants, similar.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/20/12 11:02 PM

The essential elements of building success are stability and consistency.

Mike Greenberg must have heard you say this. lol

The other morning they were adding up the number of coaches the Jets have had. I don't remember the number, but they seem to change every 2-4 years. While Pittsburgh had 3 coaches since 1970; Noll, Cowher and Tomlin. (Is that right?) Jets-Mets similar; Yanks-Giants, similar.

Noll coached the Steelers from 1969-1991;
Cowher coached from 1992-2006;
and Tomlin is coaching since 2007.

There's a common link in the Rooneys' selection of coaches:

Noll was a disciple of Shula, Cowher was a disciple of Shottenheimer, who was a disciple of Noll, and Tomlin was a disciple of Dungy, who was also a disciple of Noll. All three were in their mid to late 30s when they were hired because the expectation was that they would be around quite a while, and all three were innovative and aggressive coordinators.

And what I appreciate the most is that each has won at least one Super Bowl.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/24/12 09:29 PM

How 'bout them playoff Colts?
Posted By: marine

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/25/12 12:54 AM

True in away..He just better keep away from certain rules he wants 2 change..like no kick offs..This guy is trying to change the constitution for christmass sake..Now most u guys played HS football..kickoffs are little tough full speed sprint into oneanother but tweek it a little. dont change HISTORY..Maybe move the blokers a few yards closer together..Plus the kicker boots it past the endzone anyway most of the time....He did fine with addressing the over the middle hits..Defenseve plyrs are changeing thier tackle angle better a to avoid helmit colisions..Be nice to see more playoffs but i dont see how it is feasalse..Just dont make more regular season games a playoff would b enough..And stay the heck away from London...Waste of Jet Fuel..

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/30/12 08:02 PM

I know it is only the Eagles but the Giants finish strong..35-7 it is only halftime..But if the giants get in i hate to be the other team having to face them...Especially if they win that wildcard and go to the divisional playoff.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/30/12 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: marine
I know it is only the Eagles but the Giants finish strong..35-7 it is only halftime..But if the giants get in i hate to be the other team having to face them...Especially if they win that wildcard and go to the divisional playoff.

It would be nice for them to not underachieve in the regular season for once.

Also, Rex Ryan is apparently not getting fired. What next, Mark Sanchez will come back next season?

Wait till next year!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/30/12 10:25 PM

Bears squeak out a win over Detroit and finish 10-6. Now we need The Packers to beat Minnesota in order to sneak into the playoffs. I never thought I would say this but... Go Packers!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/30/12 10:39 PM

If Redskins win tonight, all those other outcomes won't matter.

If possible, killing the Tony Romo ESPN hype train or even a slight possibility of finally derailing would be a perk for Romolious going Tony Oh No again.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/30/12 11:08 PM

I know one thing about the Jets coach Rex he is a kind of a funny big mouth personality..i think players respon to him..He got a good personality..But the media probally dont like him.. im more of an eagles guy i dont know about his playcalling and game management..But you cant go no where wit a guy who aint even good enough to start in college as Qb.. Sanchez...And Tebow got a whole 3 plays every other game??Where was that thinking? At least let him have 4-5 throws and 4-5 drives.. but upstairs could of imposed who they wanted to start as Qb.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/31/12 01:49 AM

I guess the Jets (whoever exactly that may be, I don't know) were enamored by the shiney toy that was Tebow, and they got him. Except they really didn't know how to use him, or any reason to have him really.

And to think I actually bought into that group think at the time that Rex Ryan was using Tebow to light a fire under Sanchez's ass. If that was the idea, it fucking failed spectacularly.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/31/12 01:54 AM

Final NFC Playoff seeds

Atlanta (Bye- Home Field Advantage)
San Francisco (Bye)
Green Bay
Washington/Dallas
Seattle
Minnesota

This means next weekend's Wildcard Round games in the NFC will be Vikings/Packers and Seahawks and either Redskins or Cowboys.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/31/12 02:59 AM

NFL.com reports that Reid is out.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/31/12 03:31 PM

Tony Romo's fourth quarter interception on a bizarre screen was Classic Romo.

Next weekend I'll pick Houston to beat Cincinnati by ten, and Indianapolis to beat Baltimore by four.

Green Bay will knock off the Vikings by thirteen, and in a battle of rookie phenom quarterbacks the Washington/Seattle game is a toss up, but I'll take the Seahawks to win a close one on the road.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/31/12 04:00 PM

I agree with 3 of those picks Klyd, but would go with the Redskins over the 'Hawks in a close one.

But there again, what would i know?? lol

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/31/12 04:18 PM

But there again, what would i know?? lol

smile You know a hell of a lot more than you let on.

The Seahawk/Redskin game is the one, in which I'm most interested. If you told me two months ago that either team would be in the playoffs, I'd say that you were crazy.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/31/12 04:31 PM

Indeed, that would be 2 of us in the crazy house!!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 12/31/12 09:03 PM

7 coaches fired today, including lovie smith which shouldn't be a surprise.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/01/13 01:03 AM

Posted By: Mignon

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/02/13 05:06 AM

Next weekend I'll pick Houston to beat Cincinnati by ten, and Indianapolis to beat Baltimore by four.

I agree I want the Ravens to lose to but, I want Cinci to win.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/05/13 03:48 AM

I'll be rooting for the Colts but Baltimore won't make it easy.

Andrew Luck has had low completion percentage but he throws a lot of long passes, so that's to be expected. If he can improve Next year(s) to 60% completed and still throw those big play bombs...watch out.

Pre-draft I wanted RG3 over Luck, but it's looking like there was no wrong choice between the 2. I figured Luck would be good to awesome, but RG3 had a better arm than people have him credit for and he has the charisma that very few people carry. He seems like a genuinely awesome person too.

Luck just had those crazy serial killer eyes and a Neckbeard...

And he needs to scramble more if he's gonna hold on to the ball for too long, he has the legs for it...

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/06/13 11:08 PM

Great playoffs 3 rookie qbs and Ray lewis last season..So Ravens and the "great" joe fluko get a divisional game..It is only halftime at the Wash-Sea game and i know they talk about AndrewLuck and RgIII has a beautiful an accurate arm..NOW this guy RUSSEL WILSON has the most velocity on the ball over every Qb in the Nfl..look real close it looks like it is shot out of a cannon,he kinda looks like Marino..!IS it me Someone tell me i aint drunk...And he looked like a FB twice with 2 nice runs hes quick..This is the first time i ever saw this kid Wilson..No wonder why everyone was predicting them to win over RgIII..Well only halftime i got a half to watch yet great game..

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/07/13 05:30 PM

I picked 3 of the 4 winners, missing on the Colts, who I thought would pull the upset. Baltimore's pass rush was too much for him.

I thought it was ridiculous to keep RG III in the game after Washington scored its second touchdown. It was apparent that the injury worsened throughout the game, and he was no longer effective. His inability to move exposed and magnified wis present weakness of reading defenses, and rendered him ineffective.

At the end of the season I thought Pete Carroll deserved the Coach of the Year, and I'm more convinced now after he took a rookie qb on the road in the playoffs and pushed the Redskins around for 3 quarters.

My picks for next week:

New England 35 Houston 20
Denver 31 Baltimore 22
Atlanta 27 Seattle 23
San Francisco 20 Green Bay 17.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/07/13 05:37 PM

Kly, the same here except I picked the Vikings.

The Patriots will take it all.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/07/13 08:29 PM

I believe the patriots will choke, either to the texans or broncos/ravens.

I also believe that the falcons will choke as well to the seahawks

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/08/13 01:11 PM

I have a sneaky feeling for the Patriots.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/12/13 02:42 AM

My divisional picks are:

Denver over Balt (by 14)
SF over GB (by 3)
Seattle over Atl (by 10)
NE over Hou (by 17)

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/12/13 07:58 PM

Go Pats!

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/12/13 08:06 PM

My picks:

Ravens
49ers
Seahawks
Texans

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/12/13 08:10 PM

Nothing left for me to root for this year except Peyton.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/13/13 01:07 AM

WOW what a game Baltimore n Denver...Where were those DB of Denver while Flacco threw that game tying TD...?I have to give Flacco more credit i called him flukeo..Boy Flacco stepped up and i was dead wrong...
Posted By: Camarel

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/13/13 01:16 AM

Nothing left for me to root for this year except Peyton.

I've only seen 15-20 nfl games in my life but i randomly support the dolphins or the colts now the broncos because of P Manning.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/13/13 01:47 AM

Friggin' Denver defense. Pathetic.
Posted By: Frank_Nitti

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/13/13 02:26 AM

Yes Ray Lewis!! "No weapon formed against shall prosper, God is Amazing!" Yes sir you better preach!! lol

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/13/13 04:38 PM

Well, I was 2 for 2 yesterday. Today I'm picking the Pats and Seahawks.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/14/13 12:51 AM

The Falcons coach Mike Smith might be the worst playoff coach of the past 25 years. Has his team up 27-7 and needed a miracle to win. Even with that Smith did everything to give it away. Not letting the clock wind down for that final FG attempt was utterly stupid. Then Smith makes an even dumber move to squib kick, giving Seattle two plays to win near midfield. Had Atlanta lost, Smith would have - and should have - been fired.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/14/13 12:55 AM

Well, I ended up 3 for 4.

I'm picking hte Pats and 49ers in SB and Pats to win.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/14/13 12:58 AM

The Falcons coach Mike Smith might be the worst playoff coach of the past 25 years. Has his team up 27-7 and needed a miracle to win. Even with that Smith did everything to give it away. Not letting the clock wind down for that final FG attempt was utterly stupid. Then Smith makes an even dumber move to squib kick, giving Seattle two plays to win near midfield. Had Atlanta lost, Smith would have - and should have - been fired.

I might be wrong, but is marty schottenheimer considered the worst?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/14/13 02:43 AM

The Falcons coach Mike Smith might be the worst playoff coach of the past 25 years. Has his team up 27-7 and needed a miracle to win. Even with that Smith did everything to give it away. Not letting the clock wind down for that final FG attempt was utterly stupid.

I actually agree with Smith for letting extra seconds remain on the clock. In the event of a bad or bobbled snap, the holder could spike the ball without penalty or loss of yardage, allowing the Falcons an opportunity to attempt the field goal. It doesn't happen often, but it's happened twice in the postseason in the past 20 years.

The squib kick was ugly and was more the fault of the kicker, who inexplicably failed to execute it.

But like you, I'm not sold on Smith overall. I like Matt Ryan a lot and the receiving corps is the best in the game, but the Falcons have always lacked the slobber, intensity and physicality that consistent champions possess.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/14/13 03:12 AM

I too went 3 for 4, missing on the Ravens.

I like Peyton Manning, but he's not been an outstanding postseason player, and for that reason, I feel, he can't be included in the discussion of "Best Ever." Yesterday Manning took only what the Ravens gave him and managed only one scoring drive in the 3+ periods in the second half. As soon as he started running out of the pocket, I told my wife and son, "This isn't going to end up good."

His career postseason performance has inargueably been one of underachievement.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/14/13 02:06 PM

I too went 3 for 4, missing on the Ravens.

I like Peyton Manning, but he's not been an outstanding postseason player, and for that reason, I feel, he can't be included in the discussion of "Best Ever." Yesterday Manning took only what the Ravens gave him and managed only one scoring drive in the 3+ periods in the second half. As soon as he started running out of the pocket, I told my wife and son, "This isn't going to end up good."

His career postseason performance has inargueably been one of underachievement.

Peyton Manning career in the NFL playoffs what Barry Bonds & A Rod are to baseball: consistently coming up small in pressure packed situations. Some guys just cannot handle the bigness of the big stage. While the Denver secondary did Manning no favors, he also had two crushing and inexcusable turnovers that helped Baltimore tremendously. His last INT was eerily reminiscent of that boneheaded pick Favre threw against the Saints in the 2010 NFC Championship game.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/14/13 07:02 PM

My picks for this Sunday:

Clam chowder over crab cakes, New England 31 Baltimore 23

Sushi over pecan pie, San Francisco 27 Atlanta 20

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/14/13 07:34 PM

I concur counselor.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/15/13 10:50 AM

I concur counselor.

As would i.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/15/13 04:16 PM

I will be rooting against the Harbaugh sisters in both games, but I could actually live with Jim making it to the Super Bowl.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/15/13 04:36 PM

I will be very surprised if it is not NE vs. SF in the Super Bowl. It's a shame Seattle did not win because that would have been a much better NFC Championship game than the actual matchup. While the NE-Balt game should be a close one, I see the 49ers winning by double digits.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/16/13 09:55 AM

I presume that if the Harbaugh's made it to the Superbowl, it would be the first time brothers met each other as coaches in it?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/16/13 08:43 PM

I will be very surprised if it is not NE vs. SF in the Super Bowl. It's a shame Seattle did not win because that would have been a much better NFC Championship game than the actual matchup. While the NE-Balt game should be a close one, I see the 49ers winning by double digits.

I agree. Seattle was not only very good, but they were fun to watch on both sides of the ball. Russell Wilson amazed me all year.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/16/13 08:48 PM

I presume that if the Harbaugh's made it to the Superbowl, it would be the first time brothers met each other as coaches in it?

You'd be correct. There were two sets of brothers, who played in the same Super Bowl. Lyle and Glenn Blackwood, known as the Bruise Brothers, started in the Miami secondary as part of the Killer Bs defense in '83 and '85. The year before their SSB debut Archie and Ray Griffin were on the Bengal roster. All three instances where a SB team had a pair of brothers on the team, the team lost (twice to SF).

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/17/13 09:10 AM

The Bruise Brothers sound like a pretty awesome wrestling tag team smile

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/18/13 03:16 PM

As a Steeler fan I'm reluctant to root for the 49ers to win a Super Bowl as that would give them six and tie them with Pittsburgh for most all time. New England winning would mean Tom Brady would tie Terry Bradshaw and Pittsburgh born Joe Montana as the winningest Super Bowl qbs with four. And rooting for the Ravens is like rooting for al Qaeda, so that's the last thing I want to happen

That leaves me to hope for the Falcons to win the Super Bowl.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/18/13 03:36 PM

Kly, I'm pulling for the Pats to go all the way. Tom deserves to be ranked with TB and JM.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/18/13 04:03 PM

As a Steeler fan I'm reluctant to root for the 49ers to win a Super Bowl as that would give them six and tie them with Pittsburgh for most all time.

That's reason enough for me to root FOR the 49ers! wink

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/18/13 04:06 PM

I can't root for Brady except when it's versus the Jets. Brady left that hot chick from "Blue Bloods" high and dry while she was pregnant all for that Brazilian bimbo tongue.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/18/13 04:24 PM

Kly, I'm pulling for the Pats to go all the way. Tom deserves to be ranked with TB and JM.

If it's New England against San Fran, I'll root for the Pats, and I'll certainly be pulling for Brady on Sunday. I admit that Brady is the best qb since Montana.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/20/13 10:14 PM

Now the Falcons have choked away a 17-0 lead. Mike Smith plays not to lose. Let's call him Schottenheimer 2.0

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/20/13 11:44 PM

7th AFC title game for Pats since 2001 (5-1 record), if they win tonight this will be the 6th Super Bowl trip for Brady/Belichik. A record I'm certain. Regardless of today's result, Brady is the best QB of his generation. I used to have trouble deciding if it was him or Peyton Manning.

If Ravens win, ESPN will be obnoxious in covering the riveting brother rivalry in the "Harbaugh Bowl."

Anyway congrats to SF for going to their first SB game without Joe or Steve. Randy Moss gets another shot at his long-desired SB ring, and that would be a nice story that he gets it after retiring for a year and coming back to football. (Nevermind his ugly "last season" 2 years ago when he somehow found a way to play for 3 teams, and wasn't missed by either franchise when he departed.)

Oh and yes, ATL choked today away. I wonder if the jerking off slang will now change to "choking the falcon"?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/21/13 01:54 AM

I still think - in a strict QB comparison - Manning is better than Brady. Brady always benefited from having a superior coach and a better run program. People can talk about Brady having more Super Bowls but, according to that logic, Ben Roethlisberger is better than Dan Marino. And who really believes that?

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/21/13 02:17 AM

Brady's first two Super Bowl wins were by 3 pts. The first vs St. Louis came in a 2 minute drill. Brady has won the sport's biggest game three times. Manning may be the best regular season QB, but there is no denying his postseason failures. Brady has not had a quality running game once (Corey Dillon) in his five SB appearances. Yet he still doesn't get the credit Manning does despite more accomplishments.

The Roethlisberger argument doesn't hold water either. He was a non-factor in the win vs. Seattle. They won with trick plays and a big run by Parker. If I'm not mistaken he was the worst rated QB ever for a winning SB team. Sure some bums (Dilfer, Johnson) have won rings as bad QBs, but most of the SB winning signal callers are (minimally) worthy of Hall of Fame consideration.

In the modern era, the best QB discussion begins and ends with Joe Montana.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/21/13 03:00 AM

In the modern era, the best QB discussion begins and ends with Joe Montana.

I do agree with that.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/21/13 03:00 AM

Well there you have it - Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh in the Super Bowl. Can't believe Baltimore came back like that in the 2nd half. I'll be rooting for them against San Francisco because of Pitta.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/21/13 12:55 PM

Don't particularly care for either team in the SuperBowl......

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/21/13 05:51 PM

Don't particularly care for either team in the SuperBowl......

I'm with you Yogi. The media is going to go berserk with this one. We will be so tired of the Harbaugh-Harbaugh stuff and worst of all - Ray Lewis. There will be no end to that coverage. By the time the game comes around we'll know EVERYTHING there is to know about Ray Lewis.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/22/13 10:34 AM

I know quite enough about Mr Lewis already thank you!!!
Posted By: Lilo

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/22/13 01:31 PM

I'm rooting for Baltimore because of Ray Lewis and b/c their coach is the older brother. lol

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/22/13 02:44 PM

I hope the Harbaughs have a fight at full time and Beyonces' dress falls off at half time whistle

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/22/13 06:06 PM

I hope the Harbaughs have a fight at full time and Beyonces' dress falls off at half time whistle

For those reasons, I'll watch. cool

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/24/13 04:11 PM

For those reasons, I'll watch. cool

A gentleman after my own heart...and i hope New Orleans is warm enough so Beyonce doesn't have to lip synch..... tongue

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/27/13 10:40 PM

As long as we are wishing, I'd like to see a Super Bowl go into overtime.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/28/13 06:27 PM

I would love to see the Ravens lose, but I think they'll beat the 49ers. The biggest reason is experience. While the Ravens haven't been to the Super Bowl in more than ten years, they've played in a ton of playoff games. Flacco will be making his fourteenth playoff start while Kaepernick will be be making his tenth start...ever.

I'm guessing that Baltimore will get out to a big lead, like 21-3, some time in the first half. The 49ers will cut the lead maybe to 7 in the second half, but the Ravens will go on to win by 10, 34-24. MVP will be Ray Rice.

For the 49ers to win, I think they'll have to limit the number of possessions in the game, run the ball effectively, keep third downs to short yardage and eat the clock. If they do this and force the Ravens to turn it over a couple of times, they might pull it out.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/28/13 09:41 PM

Kly, I disagree. I think that Flacco wil collapse and the 49ers will run away with it.

By the way, I was just reading over on NFL.com that the Cowboys and Steelers in their fist SB meeting had only two players on their teams that had ever played for another team.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 01/29/13 06:56 PM

Kly, I disagree. I think that Flacco wil collapse and the 49ers will run away with it.

By the way, I was just reading over on NFL.com that the Cowboys and Steelers in their fist SB meeting had only two players on their teams that had ever played for another team.

I hope you're right on the prediction, oli.

I know that in the Super Bowls against Dallas, Steeler kicker Roy Gerela, was the only rostered Steeler to have played for another NFL team (Houston Oilers).

There will never be more talent on a Super Bowl field than there was in the 1970s when the Steelers and Cowboys met. The number of HAll of Famers and near HOFers is staggering.

Also, it's highly unlikely any team will ever have a draft like the Steelers in 1974 when they selected Lynn Swann, Jack Lambert, John Stallworth and Mike Webster while picking 21st overall and lacking a third round pick. And they added Donnie Shell as an undrafted free agent that year.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/02/13 02:53 AM

Hey Kly, how about this? The Harbaughs have looked at the financials and determined which team's victory would be most profitbale for them both. Thus, they conspire to bring about the victory of one of their teams.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/02/13 02:56 AM

Nate Silver predicted a 49ers win, since I dont care for either team then I will go with that.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/02/13 05:29 AM

Funny thing about the two weeks between the championship games and the SuperBowl, you go into those two week thinking you know who is better. Then after two weeks of non stop analysis by experts, it suddenly becomes an even playing field. At this point I think either team can win, but I'm going to stick with my initial gut instinct and go opposite of Klyd's prediction:

Quote:
the Ravens will go on to win by 10, 34-24

and go with that same score, 49'ers win. I think it all comes down to Flacco. If he has the type of game he's had the past three then it will be much closer. But I don't think he will be that consistent, and I think the 49'ers defense will get to him. And I'm curious to see how the Ravens plan their defense against this pistol offense. The 49'ers made Green Bay look foolish, and the Falcons thought they could defend it, but San Francisco changed their game plan completely. It just gives too many options and Colin Kaepernick's skill set along with the unpredictable attack plan from Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman makes it a tough task for the aging Ravens team.

My guess is Frank Gore has a huge day, running and pass catching.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/02/13 10:18 AM

Please tell me there are no more Harbaugh siblings lurking in the shadows waiting for a desperate clutch at NFL glory?
Posted By: Lilo

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/02/13 12:23 PM

Please tell me there are no more Harbaugh siblings lurking in the shadows waiting for a desperate clutch at NFL glory?

Well their brother-in-law is head coach for Indiana Hoosiers b-ball team. It's not out of the question that Indiana could be in Final Four this year... lol

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/02/13 05:09 PM

Hey Kly, how about this? The Harbaughs have looked at the financials and determined which team's victory would be most profitbale for them both. Thus, they conspire to bring about the victory of one of their teams.

I wouldn't count on it, oli. Those Harbaughs are so super competitive that they'd run over their mom to win a game. They may be brothers, but come Sunday, they will be hating each other intensely. And the losing brother will have a sick feeling in his gut that'll never go away.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/02/13 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
I think it all comes down to Flacco. If he has the type of game he's had the past three then it will be much closer. But I don't think he will be that consistent, and I think the 49'ers defense will get to him. And I'm curious to see how the Ravens plan their defense against this pistol offense. The 49'ers made Green Bay look foolish, and the Falcons thought they could defend it, but San Francisco changed their game plan completely. It just gives too many options and Colin Kaepernick's skill set along with the unpredictable attack plan from Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman makes it a tough task for the aging Ravens team.

My guess is Frank Gore has a huge day, running and pass catching.

I hope you're right, but Flacco has played well in five years of playoffs. Kaepernick hasn't even played enough games to establish a benchmark for consistency. I base my prediction on Kaepernick facing by far the best defense he has ever seen, and playing on the biggest stage ever with only nine career starts in his pocket.

He might have a Jake Delhomme game from the SB ten years ago or so where he had the worst first half of a SB ever, but then had the best half of a SB qb in the second half.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/02/13 05:49 PM

I wouldn't count on it, oli. Those Harbaughs are so super competitive that they'd run over their mom to win a game. They may be brothers, but come Sunday, they will be hating each other intensely. And the losing brother will have a sick feeling in his gut that'll never go away.

I wonder which one mom liked best.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/04/13 12:40 AM

ught ohh that stunt before half time might bite them in the a@@.. sometimes it always comes down to stupid stuff like that.. ravens should of just kicked a field goal or tried anyway..

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/04/13 05:22 PM

I'm guessing that Baltimore will get out to a big lead, like 21-3, some time in the first half. The 49ers will cut the lead maybe to 7 in the second half, but the Ravens will go on to win by 10, 34-24. MVP will be Ray Rice.

Well, Baltimore did get their 21-3 lead in the first half. And the 49ers did cut the lead significantly, actually to 2. And the ravens went on to win 34-31. I messed up on MVP though, but the game played out basically as I had expected.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/04/13 05:46 PM

For me, the SB was just an excuse to eat as many ribs as I could. They're are plenty left over for me to eat this week. The game was okay. I had picked SF because I didn't want Flacco (despite the fact that he's a paisan) to get any credit. But hey, the draft is only a few months away and my Steelers are just a year away from another SB victory.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/04/13 06:02 PM

For me, the SB was just an excuse to eat as many ribs as I could. They're are plenty left over for me to eat this week. The game was okay. I had picked SF because I didn't want Flacco (despite the fact that he's a paisan) to get any credit. But hey, the draft is only a few months away and my Steelers are just a year away from another SB victory.

The only silver lining I saw in the ravens winning was that San Francisco is still behind us and the Steelers continue to stand alone with six Lombardi trophies. The standard is the standard.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/04/13 07:07 PM

An interesting fact:

The 49ers and Giants are a combined 9-2 in Super Bowls. Both teams' only loss was to the Ravens.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/04/13 10:49 PM

Sorry, they won't beat the Giants. tongue
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/05/13 01:38 AM

I second that.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/05/13 01:50 AM

Probably true since the Giants won't be in the SB.

Re: NFL 2012....... - 02/25/13 11:52 PM

While keeping track of the NFL offeason, I can't help but think about how bright Tim Tebow's and Alex Smith's stars were shining just a couple of years ago and how they've now faded. It must be humiliating for Smith to be in that 49er locker room and on the sidelines knowing that he could have very well been in the SB starting lineup. Their denouement should be a lesson to us all.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET