Home

NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year

Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/16/11 04:50 PM

Still a lockout, but positive glowing reports from ESPN (check out Chris Mortensen's twitter feed http://twitter.com/#!/mortreport) think a deal will be made between the owners and players, and that we'll get football this season, with the preseason mostly intact. Only sacrificemight be the HOF game, but I'm not going to lose sleep over that. Are you?

If ESPN is correct, a deal could be wrapped up by monday/tuesday, then on the 25th at the owners' meeting, they approve it (w/ idea that around that time, the NFLPA does as well) and thus Free Agency would officially begin on the 28th, three days after teams have a brief window to "officially" try to resign their clients.

HOF game is/was for August 7, the rest begin on the 11th.

(or basically, less than a month of free agency/trading/re-signing/training camp/practices/playbook meetings before the first snap.)

Ball play this year I'm sure will be alot more sloppier, awkward, uglier, and potentially alot more interesting. Countless fanboys will endlessly claim the lockout was why their team sucked it hard this year.

(Not that it matters for me, since I know the Dolphins will choke anyway.)
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/16/11 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Still a lockout, but positive glowing reports from ESPN (check out Chris Mortensen's twitter feed http://twitter.com/#!/mortreport) think a deal will be made between the owners and players, and that we'll get football this season, with the preseason mostly intact. Only sacrificemight be the HOF game, but I'm not going to lose sleep over that. Are you?

If ESPN is correct, a deal could be wrapped up by monday/tuesday, then on the 25th at the owners' meeting, they approve it (w/ idea that around that time, the NFLPA does as well) and thus Free Agency would officially begin on the 28th, three days after teams have a brief window to "officially" try to resign their clients.

HOF game is/was for August 7, the rest begin on the 11th.

(or basically, less than a month of free agency/trading/re-signing/training camp/practices/playbook meetings before the first snap.)

Ball play this year I'm sure will be alot more sloppier, awkward, uglier, and potentially alot more interesting. Countless fanboys will endlessly claim the lockout was why their team sucked it hard this year.

(Not that it matters for me, since I know the Dolphins will choke anyway.)

they will most likely suck this year, but they might get carson palmer or mcnabb.

but, yea i hope for the bears sake the stupid hall of fame game is cancelled.
Posted By: olivant

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/16/11 06:05 PM

Go Steelers!

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/16/11 06:09 PM

go bears!

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/21/11 11:18 PM

Well, it looks like a new CBA has been agreed to. Thank God.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/21/11 11:25 PM

reminder: Only the Owners so far agreed to it. At this rate they've thrown the ball into the NFLPA's court. That vote reportedly is set for 8 tonight.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/22/11 12:03 AM

the players better say 'yes' to the deal...otherwise the fans will back the owners.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/22/11 01:46 AM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
the players better say 'yes' to the deal...otherwise the fans will back the owners.

and what, fans quit watching the games? Quit talking about the game at work on monday? Quit bitching about their team's QB sucking on the Internet?

This isn't Politics. This isn't Washington where in such political games, there are winners and losers. Winners keep their jobs or win higher offices, losers get kicked out by owners. Look at both parties right now holding the nation's economy at gunpoint over next year's elections.

With this NFL lockout, the owners and players will remain regardless of who "wins" and "loses." Games will be played, money will be made, fans will stick around.

(this is the owners willing to risk away hundreds of millions to save tens of millions.)

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/26/11 12:55 AM

Lockout. Is Over.

2 weeks until the first (boring as shit) preseason games!
Posted By: Beth E

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/26/11 01:06 AM

The Ravens already announced they're cutting Todd Heap, Willis McGahee, Derrick Mason and Kelly Gregg. Man, Baltimore really does not want me to have teams to root for does it. frown

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/26/11 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
The Ravens already announced they're cutting Todd Heap, Willis McGahee, Derrick Mason and Kelly Gregg. Man, Baltimore really does not want me to have teams to root for does it. frown

They need to give up the ghost and become Steelers fans.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/26/11 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Beth E

Ravens were over the new (and smaller) Salary Cap, they want to resign those guys to (cheaper)contracts.

These next few weeks are gonna be goddamn insane.

(and whats the rumors of Titans and 49ers fighting Seahawks for the services of Matt Hasselbeck?)
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/27/11 09:21 PM

Donovan McDudd to the Vikings. HA!

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/28/11 03:54 AM

McNabb for one(two?) 6th Round picks is...a deal. Of course that became a bargain discount deal when nobody else bid for the guy.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/28/11 05:01 PM

top 15 arrests of the NFL offseason

http://camelclutchblog.com/the-fifteen-most-fantastic-arrests-of-the-nfl-offseason/

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/28/11 05:30 PM

Think about this: a plethora of arrests of NFL players and that's just during the most recent off-season. People who have financial resources the likes of which most of us will never have and status that is admired by so many, again, something that most of us will never enjoy. And all they have to do is obey the law. What a tragic commentary on our society! Or is it just a commentary on the NFL?

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/29/11 05:45 AM

I think its entitled jocks, never disciplined by their friends/families/handlers/coaches at the high school and college level, and this is the end-result.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 07/31/11 05:18 PM

Its alright Jets fans. Your team lost out on the biggest hottest Free Agent this year, but you'll got Plax! Totally makes up. Totally.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/02/11 11:23 AM

Colts are doing their usual lose everyone you can to free agency while signing no one thing.

They did sign a few bad QBs and a first round bust for the Falcons for the D-Line. Supposedly a run stopper who can play DT or DE, Jamaal Anderson.

Re-Signed Melvin Bullit, Joe Addai, and Adam Vinetieri along with some Peyton Manning guy. Lost Charlie Johnson and Daniel Muir. Cut Kelvin Hayden, who was our best Cornerback.

Randy Moss wants to play for the Colts, but they turned him down. Damn it.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/03/11 05:53 AM

Dolphins fans chant “We want Orton” at training camp

It’s not quite as bad as 49ers fans chanting for David Carr during last season, but the Dolphins organization had a rather embarrassing moment at training camp Monday night.

The fans started booing every underthrown Chad Henne pass, then chanted, “We want Orton!”

Somewhere, Orton’s agent is smiling. Broncos VP John Elway should be smiling too, except he may be leaning towards keeping Orton at this point.

SI.com’s Jim Trotter writes that Orton has “clearly separated” himself at Broncos practices from Tim Tebow, who has struggled in the early going. Orton has looked better by a “wide margin.”

The Broncos staff and players seem to appreciate Orton, but the fans want to get rid of him. The fans in Miami would gladly take Orton off their hands.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/01/dolphins-fans-chant-we-want-orton-at-training-camp/
Posted By: Mark

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/04/11 08:53 PM

Da Bears have "Barzini's" grandson playing for them! Bears Safety Chris Conte is the grandson of the late actor Richard Conte (Barzini)

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/grizzly-detail/Bear-Bites-Get-to-Know-Chris-Conte-121383184.html

I almost forgot - GO BEARS!

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/04/11 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Da Bears have "Barzini's" grandson playing for them! Bears Safety Chris Conte is the grandson of the late actor Richard Conte (Barzini)

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/grizzly-detail/Bear-Bites-Get-to-Know-Chris-Conte-121383184.html

I almost forgot - GO BEARS!

can't wait to see this guy put a hit on rodgers.

also too, mark have you heard any news on if the bears will sign another linbacker or o-linemen?
Posted By: Mark

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/04/11 11:26 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/category/sports/bears/

Bam - these are great sites for Bears and all Chitown sports info...

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/05/11 12:39 AM

So now the Colts have signed Tommie Harris and Ernie Sims. They should help even if they aren't great. Tommie Harris is kind of like the Pats stealing Haynesworth but without the tremendous upside.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/05/11 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
So now the Colts have signed Tommie Harris and Ernie Sims. They should help even if they aren't great. Tommie Harris is kind of like the Pats stealing Haynesworth but without the tremendous upside.

tommie harris was good for the bears, but yea injuries and him not performing screwed him over.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/05/11 04:37 AM

New CBA permits HGH Testing

Quote:
NFL players ratified a new, 10-year collective bargaining agreement Thursday, hours after it was finalized, and the contract allows the NFL to become the first major U.S. professional sports league to use blood testing for human growth hormone, a source familiar with the talks told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Players eventually would be subject to random testing for HGH, in addition to annual checks -- as is the case for all banned substances in the league's drug-testing program -- only after the union is confident in the way the testing and appeals process will work.

The aim is to have everything worked out in time to start HGH testing by Week 1 of the regular season, but that is not guaranteed.

source: ESPN

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/07/11 02:30 AM

New CBA permits HGH Testing

Quote:
NFL players ratified a new, 10-year collective bargaining agreement Thursday, hours after it was finalized, and the contract allows the NFL to become the first major U.S. professional sports league to use blood testing for human growth hormone, a source familiar with the talks told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Players eventually would be subject to random testing for HGH, in addition to annual checks -- as is the case for all banned substances in the league's drug-testing program -- only after the union is confident in the way the testing and appeals process will work.

The aim is to have everything worked out in time to start HGH testing by Week 1 of the regular season, but that is not guaranteed.

source: ESPN

The union will stall long enough for everyone who has taken it to clear their system. HGH helps heal injuries quicker among other things.
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/09/11 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas

He's better than anything we currently have at QB. He has nobody to throw to though.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/11/11 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: dontommasino

He's better than anything we currently have at QB. He has nobody to throw to though.

Rice left but there's still Harvin and Shiancoe plus Kyle Rudolph was a great pass catching TE at Notre Dame. Oh and Bernard Berrian. And Adrian Peterson will help out a lot.
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/11/11 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: dontommasino

Rice left but there's still Harvin and Shiancoe plus Kyle Rudolph was a great pass catching TE at Notre Dame. Oh and Bernard Berrian. And Adrian Peterson will help out a lot.

Hopefully Harvin is over his migraine issues. Berrian hasn't really done anything since 2008 either and in fact regressed under Favre in the good 2009 season.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/18/11 10:25 AM

I kind of thought one of the purposes of defense was to take down the man with the ball. If you don't want to risk being hit, don't step on the field. panic
Ndamukong Suh won't change style

Allen Park -- You want to steal from Ndamukong Suh's wallet?
Fine. Go ahead.
But don't expect him to be happy about it. And don't expect him to start carrying a purse, either.
"A fine is a fine," the Lions' All-Pro defensive tackle said Wednesday, not long after he found out he'd been docked $20,000 by the NFL for his hit on Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton in the exhibition season opener. "And I can't do anything about that. It's not my decision. It's something I have to deal with."
But so will the rest of the league. If Wednesday's fine from the league office was intended to send a message, as Suh's teammates were quick to suggest — "20,000? In the preseason?" receiver Nate Burleson said — that's the reply the authorities got, in 140 characters or less.
"I'm not necessarily happy with everything," said Suh, who made that clear when he took to Twitter to effectively announce the fine, writing, "$20,000 Really???" followed by 108 exclamation points — no, really, I counted — and NFL and BIGFAIL hashtags.
So, no, he's not happy about it. And, no, he's not going to pay this parking ticket without first contesting the charges.
"Am I gonna appeal it?" Suh asked. "Who wouldn't? That's my motto."
Actually, as a Nike ad pitchman, the latest motto is: "Be the hammer or the nail." And clearly, Suh intends on being the former, no matter how many times he gets nailed for violence the new-and-improved NFL deems unnecessary or excessive.
"I'm not going to stop playing hard," Suh said Wednesday, reiterating comments he made Sunday. "I owe it to my teammates, I owe it to the coaches, and I owe it to the fans, first and foremost. That's the reason why they watch the game. It's one of the reasons football is football, because it's physical contact, aggression that makes it exciting."...

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/18/11 11:42 PM

"MY NAME IS SUH, HOW DO YOU DO? NOW YOU GONNA DIE!"

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 08/27/11 01:07 AM

due to Hurricane Irene, Giants/Jets preseason game has been moved from saturday to monday night.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 09/14/11 11:45 PM

Seems like a bit of an overreaction to something Ochocinco didn't say but whatever..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdow...?urn=nfl-wp7080

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 09/15/11 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Lilo
Seems like a bit of an overreaction to something Ochocinco didn't say but whatever..

Sounds like Bruschi roid rage to me. Makes no sense at all.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 09/15/11 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Lilo

Sounds like Bruschi roid rage to me. Makes no sense at all.

actually i believe ESPN told him to 'make news' in the way skip bayless,trent dilfer,herm edwards, and the idiotic colin cowherd on a daily basis.

Re: NFL 2011 - where we hope we get football this year - 09/15/11 11:10 PM

Yeah, he did seem like he was trying to pump himself up to be angry about something.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET