Scoring change from last year:
Wins: 3 points
Losses: 0 points

Any other suggestions?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/11/11 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Yahoo Sports
There was a problem
There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

whistle
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/11/11 03:45 PM

Weird... In any case, the max teams have been set to 12.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/11/11 03:53 PM

A'ight, I'm in now...
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/11/11 04:25 PM

I'll join if/when I'm sure I can make the draft.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/11/11 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
I'll join if/when I'm sure I can make the draft.

There's still time to work on another draft day/time... what's good for you?

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/11/11 05:30 PM

That depends which week the draft is. You know how crazy my schedule gets. wink
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/11/11 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia

genious!

now, just to make sure I express my opinion, isn't there a better time to do the draft than sunday night? and I still got that message JG talked about.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/11/11 09:17 PM

I'm trying to find ways that will work for everyone. Other than not liking Sunday night, I haven't heard anybody say that they'll miss the Sunday night draft. And if you think you will, it would be great if somebody can offer an alternative that will work for them and for the people that will miss a weekday draft.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/11/11 10:24 PM

The draft has always been earlier and on a weekday. So far the only complaints I see on here are for the change to Sunday night. tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/11/11 10:36 PM

okay now I've joined it wink

I'll probably attend the draft on sunday night anyway but I do believe it's the worst posible time to do it tongue

if there are people who can only attend it on a weekend, then be it; I like a tuesday night better or even a saturday afternoon.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/12/11 05:02 AM

Sunday night works perfect for me. A weekday draft with my current schedule and I'll have to auto draft. I prefer something on either a saturday or sunday. I hope we can have the draft on one of those two days since this is the league I really want to be there for the draft!

Weekdays are no good for me, especially being on Pacific time and still working while you guys are off in the evening.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/12/11 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Originally Posted By: Yahoo Sports
There was a problem
There is not room in this league if all teams from last year return. To join, get the commissioner to increase the maximum number of teams, or remove teams that will not be returning. (Error #638)

whistle

Strange, I'm getting this same message.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/12/11 10:31 PM

check your email for messages from our comissioner wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/14/11 03:34 AM

Thanks, you forced me to check my email. That puts me at twice this year, way too many times grin

I mentioned saturdays were good for me, but I'll be out of town the day before the draft, so this is basically the only good day for me. If the rest of you can't be there and there is a better date I'll just have to auto draft and work hard during the season.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/14/11 02:22 PM

I've found a work-around so that anybody who wants to join can join, with or without the invite. Yahoo is doing something strange with old players/new players - not a change for the better. In any case, if any of you know of dedicated players, feel free to invite them.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/14/11 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Tony Mosrite

genious!

Any other thoughts on scoring changes, TM? You had good ideas last year.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/14/11 02:59 PM

not that I recall, DB. other than this one there is nothing that strikes me or that I remember bringing up in the past.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/14/11 09:22 PM

In any case, if any of you know of dedicated players, feel free to invite them.

FYI - I'm going to close up registration by Friday morning so sometime on Friday, I can set the draft order.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 06:13 AM

genious!

Can we discuss this?? Wins are worth less, and, losses mean nothing? And no one sees a reason for discussion???!

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 06:25 AM

genious!

Can we discuss this?? Wins are worth less, and, losses mean nothing? And no one sees a reason for discussion???!

I have an idea. <sarcastic mode on> Instead of making dominant SP worthless, why don't we just remove pitching stats altogether, and really dumb down the game? Plus, the draft will be over quicker, and those of us on the east coast won't have to stay up until midnight on a Sunday Night. <sarcastic mode off> rolleyes

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 06:44 AM

Losing the sarcasm, you didn't say anything! lol wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 06:53 AM

Losing the sarcasm, you didn't say anything! lol wink

It was either sarcasm or something not so pleasant. You knew how I really felt about the whole dynamics of SP being changed without consent of the league. I didn't say anything until you opened it up for discussion. wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 07:15 AM

It can still be discussed wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 01:16 PM

You knew how I really felt about the whole dynamics of SP being changed without consent of the league. I didn't say anything until you opened it up for discussion. wink

Maybe JG knew how you felt, but I obviously didn't. Instead of throwing out sarcastic and unhelpful remarks, how about trying to have a reasonable discussion about this?!

I'm not married to the idea of the change - I just thought it was a good change based on the back-and-forth towards the end of last year in last year's league (where I don't remember any objections). TM was the big proponent of the change and the theory is that in many cases, losses are due to a lack of offensive support for a pitcher and if the loss is the pitcher's fault, he's penalized in the earned run stat. The change in the Loss stat adjusts for the double penalty.

You guys are great and I love how you're passionate about the league, but sometimes... ohwell

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 01:25 PM

genious!

I have a long-term memory. There was a discussion about this last year. wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 02:06 PM

You knew how I really felt about the whole dynamics of SP being changed without consent of the league. I didn't say anything until you opened it up for discussion. wink

Maybe JG knew how you felt, but I obviously didn't.

yeah me neither. if no one said anything I would have thought it was an unanimous decision.

I'm not married to the idea of the change (...) TM was the big proponent of the change and the theory is that in many cases, losses are due to a lack of offensive support for a pitcher and if the loss is the pitcher's fault, he's penalized in the earned run stat.

that's exactly how I feel. someday in the future I believe all leagues will be set up somewhat like this. "Wins" really are meaningless.

The change in the Loss stat adjusts for the double penalty.

You guys are great and I love how you're passionate about the league, but sometimes... ohwell

and let's remember: if "batter strikeouts" was a stat worth 10 pts wouldn't you draft Mark Reynolds with your 1st pick? once the season begins there's no crying in baseball

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 02:55 PM

yeah me neither. if no one said anything I would have thought it was an unanimous decision.

"Unanimous decision"? Where was the vote for moving the draft to late Sunday Night? Who were the people that suggested moving it? I still haven't seen anyone suggest it, except maybe for BL who was happy about it after it was done.

I was discussing a completely other topic with JG last night, when somehow the subject of this league came up. The more I thought and talked about it, the angrier I got about things in this league (and the football league) just get arbitrarily changed. I told him I was keeping quiet because I felt nothing I ever say or suggest ever matters, but he encouraged me to "speak my mind". So, that's it. I spoke my mind. If you guys wants to dumb down the pitching to the point that loses have no consequences, and the gap between the elite pitchers and the average/good pitchers is now very narrow, then fine.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 03:04 PM

I don't like the sunday night draft either and spoke my mind when I found out about it. if I hadn't said anything no one would ever know how I felt about it. until you said you didn't like the scoring change, I had no idea how you felt about it too and since it's such a substancial change I'd assume whoever kept shut was ok with it.

at a first thought, I would guess that "Wins" and "Losses" only narrow down the gap between different skilled pitchers, in the event of a less deserving pitcher piling up Wins because his offense scores a lot of runs, or a pitcher who's performing great but struggles to keep a winning record, both trends that do happen season after season.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 03:08 PM

If you want calm, rational, suggestions, how about this:

If you want the draft on Sunday, why does it have to be so late?
Even an hour earlier would be better.

If you want to change the pitching stats, why the DRASTIC change from 7/-5 (or whatever it was), to 3/0? Why not something a little more subtle like 5/-2

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 03:13 PM

I will post more when I get home tonight, I only have a minute before I go to work here, but two quick things.

You guys say you don't like the draft time, but haven't said if you can make it or not. If you can't make it, SAY SO PLEASE. I don't want to be the only one that can make the draft. For years the draft time has been an inconvenience for me but I still made it.

Also, the new point system for pitchers doesn't lessen the importance of elite pitchers. It evens the gap. It makes the other stats of a pitcher more important, while taking away so many points for a win for not so good pitchers who happen to be on a team like the Yankees with too good of an offense to win for them, even if they give up 5 runs.

The rules weren't changed mid season so I don't understand the uproar here. It's been discussed heavily, why get so upset?

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 03:14 PM

I don't like the sunday night draft either and spoke my mind when I found out about it. if I hadn't said anything no one would ever know how I felt about it. until you said you didn't like the scoring change, I had no idea how you felt about it too and since it's such a substancial change I'd assume whoever kept shut was ok with it.

at a first thought, I would guess that "Wins" and "Losses" only narrow down the gap between different skilled pitchers, in the event of a less deserving pitcher piling up Wins because his offense scores a lot of runs, or a pitcher who's performing great but struggles to keep a winning record, both trends that do happen season after season.

After you and I both expressed our opinion about the time/day change, and it was changed anyway without a single person coming forward to say they suggested it, or that they even like it, I said to myself "I'm done wasting my breath with my opinions and concerns".

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

The rules weren't changed mid season so I don't understand the uproar here. It's been discussed heavily, why get so upset?

If it was "discussed heavily", I missed it. I remember it being brought up briefly last season, but I don't remember it being suggested it be changed so drastically. As for the draft, I can make it, but I will be getting little sleep now because I have to be in Jersey at 5AM Monday morning.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 04:37 PM

Re: Draft time... I asked you guys to work with me to come up with a solution that helps out one of our members who misses draft after draft during the weekdays. I asked for your availability during the weekends. The only comments I got back was "I don't like it." Fine, but I thought in the 48 hours during the weekend, we might find a time that works. I put up the suggested Sunday night time and asked if a better time works. Not one comment on another suggested time that might work until JL's above re: one hour earlier. Not one.

Re: Pitcher scoring... I posted the change on March 11th and not until JG's comment early this morning (March 14th), I had no idea people had issues with it. Once JG makes his comment, the claws come out.

I don't consider myself a dictator, guys. You may not think so, but I always ask for your opinions. If you don't speak up, I have to assume you're ok with it. I can't read minds. It is before the season, and if you all feel less drastic change in pitching should be made, I'm FINE with it. If people are OK with moving the draft one hour earlier (I am), I'm FINE with it.

I don't get why people are getting so worked up about things that can still be changed. I also don't get other people's insinuations that I'm incalcitrant when the changes causing these issues were based on other people's suggestions.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 05:05 PM

Once JG makes his comment, the claws come out.

Well, Umm, it might have had something to do with JG baiting me last night to take my claws out. whistle lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 06:12 PM

Umm, it might have had something to do with JG baiting me last night to take my claws out. whistle lol

Since you said you were sick and wanted to chop your head off, I'll ignore your chopping everyone else's head off here. lol wink

I don't have a problem with having the draft an hour or two earlier on Sunday evening.

And I don't have a problem with compromising on the decreasing the win/loss stats -- somewhere in the middle rather than so drastically. It'll be better than it was without obliterating the stats altogether.

And finally, I agree that saying nothing helps no one. wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 06:40 PM

Motions on the floor then. Please speak up.

- Move the draft one our earlier. 7 PM CT / 8 PM ET.
- Change pitching stats to 4 pts win / -2 for a loss (3 points off on each side from before).

Super-majority (more than 75%) is needed to pass the motion. A non-vote means no change (i.e., keep the draft time, keep 3/0 for W/L).

How's that for democracy? tongue wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 06:50 PM

Since you said you were sick and wanted to chop your head off, I'll ignore your chopping everyone else's head off here. lol wink

"Ignore it"? Not only did you encourage it, you offered me BB immunity to do it. lol

...is there such a thing as "Sudafed Rage"?

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 06:52 PM

8 PM is better than 9 PM for me, and 4/-2 is better than 3/0.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 08:35 PM

(...) You guys say you don't like the draft time, but haven't said if you can make it or not. If you can't make it, SAY SO PLEASE. I don't want to be the only one that can make the draft.

Re: Draft time... I asked you guys to work with me to come up with a solution that helps out one of our members who misses draft after draft during the weekdays. I asked for your availability during the weekends. The only comments I got back was "I don't like it." (...) Not one comment on another suggested time that might work until JL's above re: one hour earlier. Not one.

(...) I'll probably attend the draft on sunday night anyway but I do believe it's the worst posible time to do it tongue

if there are people who can only attend it on a weekend, then be it; I like a tuesday night better or even a saturday afternoon.

sometimes I get the feeling that people don't listen to what I say or don't read what I write, but come on here...

the new point system for pitchers doesn't lessen the importance of elite pitchers. It evens the gap. It makes the other stats of a pitcher more important, while taking away so many points for a win for not so good pitchers who happen to be on a team like the Yankees with too good of an offense to win for them, even if they give up
5 runs.

yes that's how I feel. I still support the 3/0 W/L set up.

if a starting pitcher is "dominant", that would be because he throws deep into games without allowing too many hits and earned runs, while walking few batter and striking out a lot. now what does he has to lose by not scoring more points for wins that all the other undeserving underachievers won't score too?

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 09:06 PM

Congratulations. You'll get your rule change. There never was a chance of it being changed back or modified anyway because we never hear a peep out of 1/2 the owners in the league and they automatically count for your change for some reason.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 09:23 PM

other than throwing one sarcastic comment after another, why don't you put some reasoning behind your rambling? I did it regarding my change but all I heard from you is it is dumb.

the way I see, "Wins" are meaningless and "Losses" are double-penalty. maybe if you enlightened me...

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 09:26 PM

Don't tell me what to do.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 11:45 PM

I don't know about you guys, but the way we're starting out this year, this league is going to be really competitive. lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/15/11 11:48 PM

Quote:
Edited by J Geoff
Edit Reason: Ahem!

What? No vote on being able to see what JL really wrote?! tongue

BTW, what I meant by super-majority was the six guys who are active on this board - JG, JL, TM, BL, TM, YO, and myself (and BAM and LN, if they end up playing.)

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 12:05 AM

it must've been so nice JG got jealous tongue

I don't know what's happening here. I still believe the scoring change is a visionary move that makes us the coolest league in the world.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 03:53 AM

The changes above are fine with me. Draft time an hour earlier, and the 4/-2 pt. change. It's subtle enough to keep us debating it all year before next years draft tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 04:34 AM

The changes above are fine with me. Draft time an hour earlier, and the 4/-2 pt. change. It's subtle enough to keep us debating it all year before next years draft tongue

Scoring change has already been decided. DB only needed 1 vote to defeat the "super majority" for it stay 3/0. Even if the other 5 active board members want it changed, 2/7 is 28% of the vote. There was never a chance it was getting changed.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 01:22 PM

There was never a chance it was getting changed.

Hold on there... We've yet to hear from Yogi, but by my math, 5 of 6 are ok with 4/-2 so far, which is greater than 75%

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 01:52 PM

There was never a chance it was getting changed.

Hold on there... We've yet to hear from Yogi, but by my math, 5 of 6 are ok with 4/-2 so far, which is greater than 75%

You're voting against your original change? If so, I stand corrected. There is still a chance then.

yes but when someone wants to start a beef, a beef shall be started.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

I am in again folks, don't start worrying eh?

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 02:02 PM

Just to say that the points causing concern with some of the guys are not a problem to me but i always auto draft anyways and have no real visions of winning so there you go.....

I am planning on second this year lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 02:04 PM

after all, this is all about having fun isn't it?

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 02:06 PM

It is for me but i am not American so baseball is not life and death to me.... smile

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 04:18 PM

this is all about having fun isn't it?

I hope so! lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 04:25 PM

Problem, fellas. After all this debating, a move one hour earlier isn't even available. [insert clubs and pitchforks here]

The nearest earlier times available on Sunday are 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 4:45 all Central. I am personally available, but this may be difficult because it's in the middle of the day. In any case, please speak up if 4:30 works. Thanks.

P.S. - Of course, another alternative (may be preferred to bypass another round of votes) is to just keep the time we have now, with my sincere apologies for the lost hour of sleep. wink smile

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 04:26 PM

this is all about having fun isn't it?

I hope so! lol

With any luck, it'll start becoming fun soon. tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 05:28 PM

4:30 (5:30 ET) is doable for me, but I can see how it might not be for some...

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/16/11 05:32 PM

4:30 (5:30 ET) is doable for me, but I can see how it might not be for some...

same here

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/17/11 07:14 AM

I think I'm ok with that. Prefer later, but will go with majority no problem.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/17/11 03:10 PM

Commissioner's Note

The draft time has been changed to 6:45 PM Central / 7:45 PM Eastern. An intermediate time between the 8:00 PM Central and the 4:30 PM Central popped up today and I grabbed it. It's reasonably close enough to the 7 pm Central that we voted on that I hope it doesn't matter for anybody.

Consider this time set in stone.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/17/11 03:19 PM

A-OK with me, Commish

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/17/11 03:47 PM

Commissioner's Note

Consider this time set in stone.

Can't we discuss this? whistle

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/18/11 02:26 PM

Here's the draft order this year.

1.JG
2.KJ
3.BL
4.DB
5.YO
6.JL
7.VJ
8.BB
9.TM

To set the order, I went through the following steps:
1 - I went to http://www.random.org/, my favorite random order generator website wink .

2 - I went to "Interger Generator" to choose a number between "1" - "20".

Below is the result of the randomized integer.

Code:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:

4	Timestamp: 2011-03-18 14:23:30 UTC

3 - I went to "List Randomizer" and input our list of owners (list from top to bottom per what I saw under "Managers" in Yahoo.)

4 - This list of owners was randomized 4 times to get to a final list which is our draft order. Below is the final randomized list.

Code:
There were 9 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1.JG
2.KJ
3.BL
4.DB
5.YO
6.JL
7.VJ
8.BB
9.TM
Timestamp: 2011-03-18 14:25:29 UTC

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/18/11 02:56 PM

Shit.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/18/11 03:36 PM

Shit.

I take it you don't like the #1 pick?

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/18/11 04:10 PM

it's always tricky. I wonder how many times the 1st overall pick went on to be the top scorer of the season in our league. unless Albert Pujols has an undisputed monster season, it's not that easy.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/18/11 04:10 PM

Too much pressure lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/20/11 09:11 PM

it's always tricky. I wonder how many times the 1st overall pick went on to be the top scorer of the season in our league. unless Albert Pujols has an undisputed monster season, it's not that easy.

Didn't I have have the first pick last year? I think I did.. and I won it. It's rare though.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/20/11 11:09 PM

Draft room is open.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/20/11 11:38 PM

Didn't I have have the first pick last year? I think I did.. and I won it. It's rare though.

I meant "how many times the player picked 1st overall was the top scoring player". there must be a line drawn somewhere but I believe the 3 or 4 initial picks hold the same potential for the "perfect draft".

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 01:00 AM

1 hr 15 mins ... not bad. Good luck, fellas!

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 01:03 AM

I'm happy with my draft. If ESPN's ratings are correct, I have 3 of the top 10 SP. I'm happy with my position players and bullpen too. We'll see. Good luck everyone.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 01:09 AM

Bengie Molina is NA? WTF? D'oh!

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 01:13 AM

If ESPN's ratings are correct, I have 3 of the top 10 SP.

All 6 of mine are in last year's Top 10. Plus I have the Top 5 hitters from last year. Not sure how, but.... wink
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 01:14 AM

If ESPN's ratings are correct, I have 3 of the top 10 SP.

All 6 of mine are in last year's Top 10. Plus I have the Top 5 hitters from last year. Not sure how, but.... wink

so you got carlos pena? lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 01:24 AM

All 6 of mine are in last year's Top 10.

confused huh? Greinke was pretty awful last year. Haren was a .500 pitcher. Danks and Marcum were good, but not great. Are you talking about their projected stats last year?

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 01:37 AM

I guess you're talking about projected stats from last year, because you sure didn't have the top 5 hitters either. You only have 4 position players that cracked 500 fantasy points. wink DB's almost entire roster had 500 fantasy points last year.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 04:37 AM

I posted that in a rush, and in retrospect realized that made absolutely no sense. I accidentally did a search of "all available players" instead of "all players" blush

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 08:57 AM

I posted that in a rush, and in retrospect realized that made absolutely no sense. I accidentally did a search of "all available players" instead of "all players" blush

lol. I knew I had a few cocktails last night, but couldn't figure out where you were getting these stats from. lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 01:26 PM

DB's almost entire roster had 500 fantasy points last year.

I hope you mean my entire roster averaged 500 fantasy points, because otherwise, I'm in trouble. lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 01:34 PM

DB's almost entire roster had 500 fantasy points last year.

I hope you mean my entire roster averaged 500 fantasy points, because otherwise, I'm in trouble. lol

lol. Yes. I didn't look at every roster, but I think you have the most 500+ players this year.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 02:48 PM

I have a number of workman-like players - no names that I'm really excited about - but hopefully, my team is slow and steady this year.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/21/11 03:16 PM

Bautista should be interesting for my team. I guess nobody believes he can do it again. When was the last time a guy that is eligible to play the inf and of, hits 54 HRs with 124 RBI's, gets drafted in the 4th round? lol

I forgot to add, he was also the #1 Fantasy player last year too.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/22/11 03:45 AM

Bautista should be interesting for my team. I guess nobody believes he can do it again. When was the last time a guy that is eligible to play the inf and of, hits 54 HRs with 124 RBI's, gets drafted in the 4th round? lol

I forgot to add, he was also the #1 Fantasy player last year too.

You were my draft killer this year. As players were coming up I had my eye on you grabbed them before I could and Bautista was one of them. Chris Carpenter another. I can't remember at least two others, but you were on the same line of thinking as I was during the draft.

I'm happy with my team though. I have backup issues, but I learned last year that I can sort that out as the season goes on. I also have a lot of players that were near the top of there position in years past, but because of injuries and off years they went late in the draft (Markakis, Sizemore, Joe Nathan, Granderson...) and while I'm not depending on them, I'm curious to see how they come around this year. If one or two of them get back to form I could have ended up with a steal or two in the draft. The rest I'll replace with players DB drops tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/22/11 09:00 AM

Great minds think alike. If it makes you feel better, you crushed me taking Reyes right before me in Rd 3. wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/22/11 02:39 PM

I am quite happy with my lot....i have even heard of a few of them........ lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/22/11 03:03 PM

The rest I'll replace with players DB drops tongue

Mike Stanton has your name written all over him. tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/22/11 04:41 PM

This season can't start fast enough. I want to take my new players for a test drive.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/31/11 03:55 PM

Happy Opening Day, fellas! Good luck this year.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/31/11 04:54 PM

Sign of things to come?? I clicked on StatTracker and BL and JL were tied for 1st place with 1 point each due to having their having starting pitchers in the early games.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/31/11 06:57 PM

lol I can't take sitting here rooting for CC and the Yankees. Please make me offers for these damn Yankees!

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/31/11 07:04 PM

Or you could just complete your set and I'll trade you Rivera. wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/31/11 08:02 PM

If I did that, then I'd know I'm living in the bizarro world.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 03/31/11 11:56 PM

Good start from my #1 pick, Poo-holes: 0/5 with 3 GIDP for -3 ... plus -17 from a reliever ohwell

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/01/11 02:19 AM

I'll give you Teixeira for Pujols. tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/01/11 04:48 AM

How many yankees will you give me for Reyes?

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/01/11 04:54 AM

How many yankees will you give me for Reyes?

I don't know. I'd have to think about it. wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/01/11 05:01 AM

You might have did me a favor drafting Reyes right before me because I got Teixeira instead. As much as I like Reyes, he's a risk health wise and will likely be playing somewhere else before the season is over.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/01/11 05:58 AM

You might have did me a favor drafting Reyes right before me because I got Teixeira instead. As much as I like Reyes, he's a risk health wise and will likely be playing somewhere else before the season is over.

And so it begins... start the negotiations by talking down about the player you really want tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/01/11 06:15 AM

Seriously, if you offered him to me for Teixeira, I don't know if I'd do it.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/04/11 05:34 PM

Considering my SP haven't won a single game, and my RP have blown 1/2 their saves, I'm amazed that I'm 1st place, not last.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/04/11 06:52 PM

You can thank Teix for that! tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/04/11 09:06 PM

You can thank Teix for that! tongue

Pretty much...

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/06/11 12:01 AM

I thought Teixeira didn't hit in April? grin

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/06/11 04:50 AM

Wow. I'm pleasantly shocked to see that nobody picked up Angels' new closer Jordan Walden. smile

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/06/11 05:25 AM

Wow. I'm pleasantly shocked to see that nobody picked up Angels' new closer Jordan Walden. smile

I don't know anything about him, so it's probably a good pickup for you, knowing you and seeing you happy about it. I personally wouldn't be very excited about having any reliever in that awful Angels bullpen.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/06/11 05:47 AM

He throws 100mph, and strikes out well over 1 batter per inning. He was on my list of sleepers that I had even before he was a closer. I almost drafted him in the late rounds. I tried to pick him up this afternoon using my phone when I heard the Angels made him their closer, but my phone wasn't cooperating. I assumed he'd be gone tonight, but nobody took him.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/10/11 09:40 PM

The game owes me 8 points for Broxton's save in the suspended game yesterday.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/11/11 05:29 AM

Good start from my #1 pick, Poo-holes: 0/5 with 3 GIDP for -3 ...

Wow, I had no idea how much I cursed this guy ohwell 16 big pts from the #1 draft pick, but lost most of the 44 pts from mostly-benched Howie Kendrick rolleyes

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/11/11 10:41 AM

At least you 1st pick is playing. Mine is out for for at least 3 weeks, and the rest of my team stopped hitting. ohwell

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/11/11 02:20 PM

If you're talking about the April 9th game, looks like you received 5 pts for Broxton's save/work.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/11/11 02:59 PM

If you're talking about the April 9th game, looks like you received 5 pts for Broxton's save/work.

"5"? I thought he pitched a 1,2,3 12th to pick up the save. I'll have to check.

Edit: It looks like it gave me 6. He gave up a hit and BB.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/14/11 02:15 PM

Commissioner's Note
As a reminder, Games Started will be limited to 162 games as in previous years. As you all know, this is tracked manually and you all have to keep track of the pace of your games started. Once someone gets to 162, I will bench all your starting pitchers.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/16/11 05:06 AM

Commissioner's Note
As a reminder, Games Started will be limited to 162 games as in previous years. As you all know, this is tracked manually and you all have to keep track of the pace of your games started. Once someone gets to 162, I will bench all your starting pitchers.

WHAT?!!?!?! /pitchforks and torches

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/18/11 04:55 PM

WHAT?!!?!?! /pitchforks and torches

Get him! Get Him! GET HIM! lol

BTW, I made a suggestion to Yahoo to add the option to limit starts to 162 games so we don't have to do it manually anymore.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/26/11 03:44 PM

Looks like those of us, including myself, that thought Bautista couldn't repeat last years stats and skipped over him for 3 rounds in this year's draft, are going to be proved wrong:

"RF Jose Bautista has been carrying the Blue Jays offense this season. After hitting a homer and drawing two walks in four plate appearances Monday, he is leading the AL in batting average (.364), on-base percentage (.517) home runs (eight) and walks (21). Over the past six games, he is batting .530 (9-for-17) with one double, one triple, five home runs, five RBI, nine walks and 11 runs."

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/26/11 04:58 PM

yeeaahh.....

I would've lost big bucks if someone had called me on a bet regarding this guy. now I'm already using him to death in the BBC daily game.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/27/11 04:51 PM

My pitching is god-awful right now. With CC, Lincecum, and Carpenter at the top of my rotation, and 5 closers, I didn't expect this. ohwell

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 04/29/11 02:30 AM

I know it was a DH, but 33 points by Ben Zobrist has to be a fantasy record.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/01/11 09:04 AM

I'm happy with my team at this point in the season. Still have some work to do, but that'll come with time. My free agent pickup of Lance Berkman might be a steal if he keeps up this type of production! Not sure what has got into him this year after the last couple of seasons, but I'll take it!

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/03/11 05:43 PM

I have the current #1, and #5 fantasy catchers, plus Victor Martinez coming off the DL this week. I'm willing to trade 1 of them for the right offer.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/03/11 11:30 PM

From the Onion grin

Area Man Already Tired Of Adjusting His Fantasy Baseball Roster

SAN JOSE, CA—Two weeks into the 2011 Major League Baseball season, 27-year-old Fred Romero has already begun complaining about the amount of time it takes to manage his fantasy baseball team, sources confirmed Wednesday. "I have a job, I have friends, I have a life. I shouldn’t be cutting into hours of sleep to research middle infielders for a game that’s supposed to be fun," said Romero, adding that on three separate occasions he's checked his team at lunch only to find out a pitcher on his bench has already started an afternoon game. "Besides, Michael [Armor] does website design or something for Yahoo! Sports, so he always wins our league anyway." Romero's expression of frustration arrives sooner than it did in 2010, when he reportedly waited until the end of April to tell his friends that he didn’t "have time for this shit" and was "never doing it again."

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/03/11 11:52 PM

Is "Fred Romero" your pen name? lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/04/11 09:24 AM

Number6of9saysWhat?? tongue wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/04/11 01:35 PM

That's pretty funny, BL!
Posted By: Beth E

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/04/11 02:12 PM

Somewhere plaw just dropped his glass of wine. haha.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/05/11 03:16 PM

lol

the Onion rocks!

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/06/11 01:36 PM

I'm officially terrified whenever my starting pitchers start. I don't think I've had a win in more than two weeks. Also, if Uggla can start hitting I'll greatly appreciate it. ohwell

It's been so long, I forgot to put a [Whine Alert] on the above. wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/07/11 04:59 AM

Nice reverse jinx. wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/09/11 09:42 PM

Nice reverse jinx. wink

Well, it worked for Jaime Garcia. Not so much for anybody else. lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/09/11 10:50 PM

I see you're waiting 'til I drop out of the Top 3 for you to post any standings tongue lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/10/11 09:35 PM

First Trade of the Season!

JL gets: Jason Bay (NYM - LF)
VJ gets: Miguel Montero (Ari - C)

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/10/11 10:04 PM

Not exactly a blockbuster, but I need a backup lf.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/12/11 06:28 AM

This is an outrage! BLOCK TRADE!

tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/13/11 05:24 AM

JG is out of the top three. It's safe to post the standings now.

I see you're waiting 'til I drop out of the Top 3 for you to post any standings tongue lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/13/11 07:47 AM

JG is out of the top three. It's safe to post the standings now.

Douche is 6 out of 9 ... don't hold your breath! lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/13/11 01:23 PM

Ahem... JG is a genius. He got me to post the standings. tongue

Code:
BB	1942
BL	1868
JL	1848
JG	1840
TM	1749
DB	1733
VJ	1716
YO	1684
KJ	1517

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/13/11 03:35 PM

Number6of9saysWhat?? tongue wink

What was that? tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/14/11 04:02 PM

isn't the best thing about this game when you forget to bench a SP you'd definitely want to and he ends up scoring 20+ pts?

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/15/11 10:20 PM

Sorry, can't relate. ohwell

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/27/11 03:54 AM

Happy Birthday DB smile

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/27/11 03:57 AM

I can't believe I'm still in the top four (for now) considering how many games I am short at all positions. I've had way more players on the DL than I had all of last year. Things need to improve or I'll finish out of the top three, and I'll be keeping JG company in the bargain bin.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/27/11 03:29 PM

Thanks for the greeting, BL!

So Cliff Lee won a game for me yesterday... Almost forgot what it's like to notch a win. A welcome birthday present! lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/27/11 03:54 PM

Yeah, happy birthday again, Douche! (Don't need restraint here grin )

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/27/11 05:28 PM

Happy Birthday (a little late) wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 05/30/11 04:56 PM

Before it gets too out of control, check your Games Started (GS) on the Full Standings page.

After Week 8, 53 games would be exactly even/on pace. GS's for our league range from 54-75. There is a 162-game limit, with 109 to go.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 06/14/11 04:20 AM

I think I may be about ready to retire from fantasy sports.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 06/14/11 05:18 AM

I think I may be about ready to retire from fantasy sports.

#4 (of 9) isn't that terrible... if you actually played regularly, you'd probably be closer to the top...

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 06/16/11 03:28 AM

Not saying I'm doing terrible. Just want to retire from all fantasy sports. I've had a good career... /Favre-esque-sniffle

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 07/08/11 08:15 PM

It's a gamble on my part, but I accepted TM's trade of Mauer for SP Marcum. God knows he needs pitching help....

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 07/08/11 09:34 PM

come on JG, everybody knows Mauer is going to have a monster second half. and if I didn't land a pitcher, then I'd be screwed...

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 07/09/11 03:47 AM

I didn't even know this trade was happening. Although I have no complaints, other than I can't get on to check my roster and league updates often enough these days.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 07/11/11 06:26 PM

First Half Standings
Code:
           GS/162*    Proj Games**

BB   4775     104     -04 to -17
JL   4697     105     -03 to -06
BL   4687      94     -04 to -19
JG   4547      99     -03 to -07
DB   4523     103     -01 to -09
VJ   4227     105     -04 to -13
YO   4186     126     -06 to -28
KJ   4140     118     -02 to -19
TM   4063      93     -01 to -11

* 96 games started (SPs) would be on-target.
** Projected games played range (batters), NOT INCL Catcher. Zero (0) would be on-target.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 07/16/11 07:19 AM

I know we've all heard of the basic stats... ERA, WHIP, OPS, etc... but have you ever heard of DIPS? lol Sabermetrician's are either out of their minds or have too much time on their hands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_independent_pitching_statistics

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 08/04/11 02:20 AM

Just a reminder that the trade deadline is August 14th.

It's been a very quiet season, but lately a lot of leapfrogging in the top three in the standings.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 08/04/11 03:38 AM

lately a lot of leapfrogging in the top three in the standings.

That doesn't include me ohwell

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 08/13/11 01:23 AM

Wow. My team has collectively hit into 6 double plays tonight, and the night isn't over yet. This has to be a record.

Edit: make that 7 DP's now. panic

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 08/25/11 04:49 AM

Yogi is well over the 162 games started limit.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 08/25/11 05:01 AM

Yogi is well over the 162 games started limit.

DB has been MIA -- been trying to get to him with a FFB matter for 5 days now. I might have to ask him for the password at this rate...

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 08/27/11 08:58 AM

DB has been MIA -- been trying to get to him with a FFB matter for 5 days now.

Was this post in English? tongue What is FFB?

As far as the GS limit, I'm personally more worried about the top five or so. I know most of us are on top of that, but because of the lack of communication with Yao I worry about him going over. I know he's been good in the past, but still. I can see the death of this league when a riot erupts because someone wins by a few points with 164 GS'.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 08/27/11 09:49 PM

Fanstasy Football tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/07/11 02:23 PM

DB, I just wanted to make sure Yao knows he's at 158 starts. I noticed King Justice did a good job and benched his pitchers already at 162.

Everyone keep track of your pitching starts.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/07/11 04:07 PM

DB, I just wanted to make sure Yao knows he's at 158 starts. I noticed King Justice did a good job and benched his pitchers already at 162.

Everyone keep track of your pitching starts.

I already let him know. Should come down to the wire between the top 3.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/14/11 04:16 AM

This is gonna get interesting. Yao has a 100 point lead, but almost out of GS's. Blib and I are pretty much tied, but I have 3 GS's in hand.

Edit: I stand corrected. Blib has a 90 point lead on me. Could be tough now with only a few games in hand.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/24/11 07:37 AM

Yogi has 208 GS' lol Goodness.

It's been a quiet season, forum chat-wise. With a few days to go, I'm still holding my breath. I wish I didn't have so many missed games from my hitters, I might have a more comfortable lead.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/24/11 04:03 PM

it wouldn't be so funny if you were the one chasing him

and yeah, how come you have so many games missed? I for one started studying at night and didn't have a catcher most of the season so for the first time I wasted 30+ games at any position.

it puzzles me that you were so careless to the point of having almost 20 games missed at the Utility position, and yet you're winning it all tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/25/11 04:27 AM

I've had a rough year, as far as personal life. Been too busy to check daily.. even weekly at times. I think I had a good draft and a couple of great waiver pickups.

It's not over yet though... a couple of huge days from Yao and Lou and it could be over quickly.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/25/11 10:33 AM

I don't think I can make up 138 points even with 5 GS in hand. We'll see.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/27/11 05:40 PM

I'm 6 points out of 2nd, and the 2nd place team is over in GS.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/29/11 02:33 AM

You're scaring me JL lol

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/29/11 03:04 AM

lol I'm probably going to make up about 100 points tonight, and it still won't be enough. ohwell

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/29/11 04:32 AM

Congrats BL. I didn't go down without a fight tonight. This has to be the closest finish yet. ....Lincecum killed me this season.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/29/11 08:53 PM

Final Standings
Code:
BL   8331   #1 HR, #T1 3B, #1 W, #1 CG
JL   8301   #1 RBI, #1 SB & CS, #T1 SF, #1 HBP
BB   8202   #1 2B, #1 GIDP, #1 K, (163 GS)
DB   7874   #1 SHO, #1 HLD, #1 SV
JG   7788   #1 1B, #T1 3B, #T1 SF
YO   7304   #1 L, (215 GS :p)
TM   7223   
VJ   7003   
KJ   6843   

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/29/11 09:04 PM

Guess this makes Blibble "3X Champions" as well wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/29/11 09:11 PM

Guess this makes Blibble "3X Champions" as well wink

I believe so. ....I still can't believe I lost by 30 friggin' points.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/30/11 05:35 AM

Thanks JL, and yes you made it interesting on the last day. When I checked it there were still quite a few games going, and my worst fear was to have all my relievers blow up on the last day. You're huge score and a huge negative for me would have been a Red Sox type meltdown lol

And JG, I'm "3X Champions in One Fewer Years" tongue

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/30/11 05:45 AM

By the way, who would have ever thought that the top three fantasy scoring hitters would be Matt Kemp(734), Jacoby Ellsbury(709), and Curtis Granderson(709)?? Wow.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/30/11 05:46 AM

I'll change my name to until one of us becomes 4X Champions. wink

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/30/11 05:47 AM

By the way, who would have ever thought that the top three fantasy scoring hitters would be Matt Kemp(734), Jacoby Ellsbury(709), and Curtis Granderson(709)?? Wow.

Who would have thought Lincecum would be under .500? ohwell

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/30/11 05:50 AM

Who would have thought Lincecum would be under .500? ohwell

Not because of his effort. The Giants were hit HARD with injuries this year, and the players who didn't get injured had career worst years. I believe I heard the Giants had the worst offense in the NL, yet still managed to come down to the last week of baseball before being eliminated because of the insane pitching staff. It was a strange season in San Francisco. Put Lincecum on the Tigers and he might have had 24 along with Verlander.

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 09/30/11 02:57 PM

congratulations Blibble

Baseball really doesn't make any sense and the top scorers are always absolutely imposible to predict. the Giants improved their team in every way after winning the WS last year and they lost the division to the DiamondBacks for christ sake!

Re: 2011 Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball [Draft] - 10/01/11 04:59 AM

That's why I love this game so much. It's all up to the baseball Gods, no wonder so many players, and even fans, are superstitious!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET