Home

The Ladies' Thread, Part II

Posted By: J Geoff

The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/19/08 05:08 PM

This is a continuation of The Ladies' Thread...
Posted By: Mignon

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/19/08 10:40 PM

Damn!! The Tribe is down to 2nd place.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/22/08 01:51 AM

Haha, now the Ladies' Thread (Part II) will forever be tainted with cooties since JG started it... tongue

Bethie, I meant to thank you for the adorable Luke picture you posted for my friend. I emailed it to her along with the message, and she replied:

"that picture that your awesome Baltimore friend sent made me squeal! Good thing I'm home alone. That was indeed very sweet of her, and I'm glad she's keeping an eye on him. Luke's pointing at me? Me!? Awwwww!"

She's a perfect fit with us, huh? lol

She's playing BBC still this year, after she first tried it out I think last season, but she apparently hasn't been changing her roster since she took Luke off - she's convinced she'd been jinxing him.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/22/08 01:53 AM

Tell your friend she's very welcome. If I can't make men squeal I'm glad it worked on someone at least. lol

Anyone who calls me awesome is a perfect fit for us. smile
Posted By: olivant

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/25/08 01:14 AM

How do we know that ya'll are "ladies"?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/25/08 01:51 AM

Another boy in the Ladies Thread!! Will the Cooties NEVER end????
Posted By: SC

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/25/08 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Another boy in the Ladies Thread!! Will the Cooties NEVER end????

Pay him no attention... he was just here looking for Adrianna.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/25/08 02:08 AM

There's cooties in here? eewwwwwwwww.....

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/25/08 02:11 AM

UGH!! Look at all these boys!! YUK!!

Btw, I got to see Jeter and ARod run around doing sprints and stretches last night. Ah! Almost worth the price of admission alone.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/25/08 02:25 AM

I got to see Jeter and ARod run around doing sprints and stretches last night.

Ahhh, so that explains this. smile (I know, A Rod's in a Texas uniform, but I couldn 't resist). lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/25/08 02:43 AM

WOW! Now there's a photo that sparks some further images! Thanks, Beth!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/27/08 11:38 PM

SB, I might be going to the Orioles/Yankees August 23rd game. Nicole is definitely going. I have to see how many tickets my brother in law ordered through church. It'll be strange going to a baseball game and not caring about who wins. Oh well. I'll just be there for the beer anyway. smile

I flipped channels and noticed the Orioles/Yankees game now. There used to be a time when Oriole park would be packed when The Yankees were in town. I think that place is half empty. Is the price of gas keeping people in New York?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/08 12:43 AM

Must be! The Yankees are actually WINNING right now. Of course, Mora just hit a 2 run home run. ohwell When we went to the game last Friday, I figured it would be empty, given that it was a holiday weekend. It was packed.

Edit: OK, they were winning. In that short time, Baltimore tied the game. Freaking Yankee bullpen sucks.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/08 02:16 AM

I think someone must have told both teams this was a preview of the All star Home Run derby. It must be the humidity making the balls fly out of the park.

Now, it has to be raining, and I doubt I'll wait up until the end of the game. That means The Yankees should win. smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/08 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
Now, it has to be raining, and I doubt I'll wait up until the end of the game. That means The Yankees should win. smile

I thank you, The Yankees thank you. lol

Stupid rain delays.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/08 06:08 AM

Oh well...

Go Mets! ohwell

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/08 06:52 AM

Speaking of the Mets, I won free tickets on the radio to the Giants vs. Mets game on June 3rd. Suhweet! I actually won tickets for a few weeks ago as well but couldn't go because my girlfriend had a stroke and all. I would have been an ass going to a game while she was in the hospital. It's too far into the season to not have been to a game yet. I can't wait!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/08 10:39 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Oh well...

Go Mets! ohwell

Fickle fan, aren't you?? tongue SC hung in there for decades, waiting for his Red Sox to get rings, and you're cranky after 8 years! Now SC is a true fan!

Blib, have a great time at the game!

And get out of the Ladies Thread!!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/08 11:26 AM

Isn't there a fellas thread for these guys to go to? Jeez!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/08 03:07 PM

Beth, there is a perfectly good Guy's Thread, with photos of women and all manners of fart jokes, but they insist on coming here and spreading their Cooties all over.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/08 03:49 PM

Hello Ladies (with my best Squiggy voice)...I come bearing Cooties. May I sweat here?

Just wanted to see what the Ladies talk about. It's my feminine side that's curious. Adieu.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/08 04:11 PM

Well, at least your name is MaryCas.

Every man should get in touch with his feminine side once in awhile I guess. But this is a cooties free zone.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/08 09:34 PM

As my daughter would say, Girls Rule and Boys Drool.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/08 05:50 PM

Not paying attention to the Orioles schedule I didn't realize The Red Sox are in town. I walked around Camden Yards during lunch and all I saw were people with their Red Sox gear on. It must be Manny Ramirez's birthday because some woman had a "Happy birthday Manny" poster. I almost felt out of place being from Baltimore. It's like I was invading their territory. lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/08 05:59 PM

(checking cooties at the door)

Don't be dissin' my Sox!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/08 06:01 PM

Hey, I'm a Sox fan. I just don't want their fans invading my space when I'm trying to walk. :0

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/08 06:02 PM

Your space?? YOUR SPACE??? You're a New Yawk wannabe!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/08 06:05 PM

I'll put up with it in New Yawk, I won't put up with it in crappy Baltimore.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/08 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Don't be dissin' my Sox!

Dis,Dis,Dis

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/08 06:34 PM

As my daughter would say, Girls Rule and Boys Drool.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/08 06:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Speaking of the Mets, I won free tickets on the radio to the Giants vs. Mets game on June 3rd.
So did you have a good time, BL?

I've only been to one game this year, but hope to get to more soon. Since my family's move, we're farther away from the stadium, and it's harder to get together with my fellow fan friends, but we'll find a way. I realized after cleaning my room that I'd been storing two coupons for free tickets (cheap seats, but still a good view!), but they were only good through the end of May, so we missed out.

They've really been stinking up the joint lately, then I missed tonight's game, which they ended up winning. Is that telling me something?

SB's Yankees and SC's Sox will be in town this month, which I'm excited about! I don't think we've ever played them since I began watching in 2004, so it'll be fun to see.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/08 12:29 PM

Kiss Jeter for me when he gets there??

Well, with the exception of SC's team, I think all of our teams are stinking up the joint lately. It seems that the Yankees no sooner get to .500 that they end up losing a few games.

Mr. Babe has tickets for today's game. I have to go to my niece's baby shower, so he's taking my brother instead.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/08 12:32 PM

Well, with the exception of SC's team, I think all of our teams are stinking up the joint lately.

Give them time... Big Papi is out, Manny is day-to-day, Crisp will be out for 6 games (fined for the brawl)... the Sox just rolled over and played dead last night.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/08 12:36 PM

Whenever I get this way, I try to keep in mind that it is barely June. On the radio the other day, the announcer reminded us that the Yankees ended May '07 13.5 games out of first, and still made the playoffs.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/08 12:38 PM

It's too early to write them off, but considering their pitching this year, I wouldn't hold my breath for them.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/08 12:44 PM

The weird thing is that Wang, their ace, is not doing as well as expected lately, and Moose is doing BETTER than expected. Pettite is completely inconsistent, Rasner's been a pleasant surprise, and Joba is a total unknown. So, they can hit all they want, but the pitching problem has been going on for years and has never been resolved.

I remember Torre winning despite these problems, and doing it with the likes of Aaron Small, Shawn Chacon and Al Leiter (in '05, I think). I will never forget Leiter pitching in Fenway after being signed and given like 12 hours notice. I thought that they might as well dip him in BBQ sauce and set a pack of wild dogs on him, but he pitched brilliantly.

Right now, I don't foresee the Yankees pulling one of those pitchers out of their back pockets any time soon.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/08 12:50 PM

Good point.

They still have some chance. Giambi always scares me (although there is a limit to how many walk off homers he can hit to save games), and ARod SHOULD be doing better, but it comes down to the pitching.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/08 01:46 PM

I won't get to kiss Jeter for you in August, SB. Nicole found out the tickets were for nose bleed seats way up high, so that threw out her chance of running onto the field and kidnapping Derek. I have no desire to be that close to heaven either.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/09/08 12:25 AM

Kiss Jeter for me when he gets there??
Sadly, I won't be within kissing distance. lol I haven't checked for sure, but I figure tickets for that series have already gone fast. It'd be great to go, but I'll also enjoy seeing it on TV just to get commentary and close-ups, since they'll be exciting games.

They had no chance today, what with all the negative energy going against them. I was over at my grandparents, and when my grandpa and uncle are watching the game together, the boys would get criticized for winning!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/13/08 10:37 AM

I'd say good luck this series, GG, but I don't think we can afford it! whistle NYY is 34-33, HOU is 33-34 going into it. We'll see. Too bad I'm gonna miss most of the series since I'll be out of town + Fathers Day, but, a small part of me is rooting for you! (A larger part, well.... wink )

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/13/08 10:49 AM

Rooting for Houston?? JG, what are you thinking?? Never take sides against the family again!

I love Gina and all, but to root for Houston over NYY??? Because of a fantasy game?? UGH! Traitor!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/13/08 10:56 AM

"...would..." (not wood) "...small part of me..." (hey wait!) oh yeah, "...a larger part..." wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/14/08 02:19 AM

Gi, Chacon did a nice job tonight.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/14/08 02:24 AM

Gina, your man, (or your friend's man) Luke Scott hit a powerful solo homer tonight. It's cute how they always show him in the dugout after is at bat's writing it in his journal. There's something cute about that. smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/14/08 03:42 AM

JG, we can't afford not to have good luck! haha

I love Gina and all, but to root for Houston over NYY??? Because of a fantasy game??
Waitaminute...fantasy? Don't tell me he has my guys for BBC. No wonder his small part is rooting for them. tongue

Well, tough loss to take, but it was a great game! And you know, if someone's gonna break the tie with a homer against us, I think the best man did it. wink Everytime I saw him, I thought of you, SB.

Bethie, my friend has been giving me reports everytime he hits a homer, so I'll have to test her to see if she heard about this one! She's convinced it's because she took him off her fantasy team and thus stopped jinxing him. haha Our announcers used to always comment on how he'd keep a journal...I think it's really good he's making that kind of effort.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/14/08 12:18 PM

Jeter's the man!! It was a great game, and both Chacon and Joba pitched well. I thought of you during the game as well, Gi!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/14/08 01:22 PM

Did you or your friend know this about Luke, Gina? Here is a reference to your man. smile

"Luke Scott is fluent in Spanish, and he helped his best friend Willy Taveras learn English."

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/14/08 01:53 PM

Just chicking in to say hi ladies.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 12:12 AM

Here's a picture of baby Natalie taken today on her first trip to the beach. She is just too adorable and amazed at the sand. It's hard to believe in few months she won't be the baby anymore when my other niece pops baby #3.

She's not a bb member so didn't want to post in the picture section. She can officially be a "mini" lady here. lol

Attached picture l_c7e6198c24813631fceb95415662819d.jpg

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 12:17 AM

What a cutie!!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 12:46 AM

You wanna see cute. Here she was a few months ago loving her first peanut butter and jelly sandwich. You can't go wrong with the good old stand by PBJ. smile

Attached picture l_b6590fc4b3cebc5fbc3be56155139030.jpg

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 01:09 AM

I love other people's babies! They're so cute and cuddly and adorable. Then when they turn tired and cranky, you can give them back!

Seriously, Beth, she's gorgeous. Love the pink bathing suit!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 01:18 AM

Other people's kids are wonderful. With two of my sisters being grandmothers people ask how I'd react to being a grandmother. I wouldn't care. You can spoil them, buy them nice things and send them home when they get to be bratty. At least I hope they'll be going home to a different house. lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 03:34 AM

Beth,how old is baby Natalie? She looks so cute eating that sandwich. I bet you get good sugars from those cute cheeks of hers.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 03:45 AM

Natalie is 16 months. It's hard to believe Joshua turns 2 tomorrow. He won't be his mom's baby when his younger sister, Leah Joy, arrives in September. Then we'll have 2 boys and 2 girls. A nice mix.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 04:33 AM

How is baby Josh doing these days?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 12:45 PM

Looking at Beth's pix made me a little sentimental, and with that in mind I'm posting three pix of my own here. They are pictures of me with my niece, spaced apart by 20 years.

From 1964:

From 1984:

From 2003:

She's a great "kid"!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 12:59 PM

She's lovely SC. There's hardly a change from the 1984 to present picture.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 01:01 PM

My memory is REALLY shot. Did you meet her??

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 01:25 PM

No I didn't. Just your mom, sister and bil.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/08 10:10 PM

Looking at Beth's pix made me a little sentimental, and with that in mind I'm posting three pix of my own here. They are pictures of me with my niece, spaced apart by 20 years.

From 1964:

From 1984:

From 2003:

She's a great "kid"!!

So is her Uncle!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/16/08 12:14 AM

What great pics, SC!! Those are great pictures! LOVE them!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/16/08 06:20 AM

"Luke Scott is fluent in Spanish, and he helped his best friend Willy Taveras learn English."
Wow! I knew Luke knew Spanish, but wasn't aware he helped Willy out, nor that they were so close! That's so sweet!

Bethie, Natalie makes an adorable mini-lady! We're very lucky to have her as part of the gang...she's so cute!

And SC, what wonderful pictures! In the second one, you actually remind me of my dad's cousin. Maybe we're related? lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/24/08 11:25 AM

Nicole was in Myrtle Beach, SC over the weekend to help my niece finish moving back to Baltimore. Of course, being by the beach didn't hurt. smile They had some wild life refuge park where you could get your picture taken with the tiger cub. I don't think I want a wild animal on my lap.

Whenever I look at that monkey I start cracking up.

Attached picture l_4551cd12fc6bfcdf0c0a05679e3a9bfe.JPG

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/24/08 11:49 AM

OMG!! That thing is huge. When you said "cub", I was thinking some little baby. It is a beautiful animal, though. Tigers have always been my favorite, they are so magnificent.

The monkey on the other hand....

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/24/08 12:03 PM

Talk about having a monkey on your back.

I think I'd have to spank that thing.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/26/08 12:26 AM

That is cool Beth. I would love to do that. Can you ask her for the address of that place. I'm going to Myrtle Beach in a couple weeks and I would like to visit that place.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/26/08 04:19 AM

Out of the last four posts this might be all the guys actually remembered from them:

I don't think I want a wild animal on my lap.

OMG!! That thing is huge.

I think I'd have to spank that thing.

Originally Posted By: Mignon
I would love to do that.

Anyway, COOTIE-TAG! THE LADIES ARE IT! tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/26/08 12:14 PM

Like we say, Chicks rule, and boys drool.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/26/08 01:58 PM

Good catches BL! lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/26/08 03:46 PM

BL, what else would the Ladies Thread be good for?? Plus, anyone see Jeter's butt during the game last night??

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/08 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia
Good catches BL! lol
What, do you send BL in to do your dirty work and make sure the coast is clear? I'm sorry to break it to you, but you have cooties, too. tongue wink

And now that I've done enough teasing for this post, I'll say what I really wanted to say...

Hi, CS! How've you been??

I see that your Cubbies are in first. Give 'em a message for me, will ya?

"Stop it."

wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/08 01:35 PM

I have cooties too? My shot must be wearing off. tongue

What's up Gina! I'm guessing you're on summer break, which means you can go on obsessing about baseball players full-time. Oh wait - you do that during the school year too. wink

So who's your latest obsession? BTW, I have Kyle Lohse-r on my Yahoo team.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/08 04:28 PM

I have cooties too? My shot must be wearing off. tongue

They have shots out now that will last 3 years. tongue lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/08 05:26 AM

Obsess about baseball players? Me?? whistle

Believe it or not, I haven't been near as, uh, obsessive as usual. My friend Diana, a newer fan than I am, I'd say has matched and topped the level of interest I've held in fantasy baseball. She's still in awe at how much 'talent' there is to 'scout.' (If you know what I mean.) Don't get me wrong, though - she loves the game, too.

But since you asked...we're both kind of crazy about Reyes and Wright. wink

You have Kyle on your fantasy team? What gives, CS? Can you at least share?? tongue

How's Mrs. CS? Are you both supporting those Scrubs now, or what?? lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/08 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl
But since you asked...we're both kind of crazy about Reyes and Wright. wink

Don't tell me you're a Mets fan now! By the way, I have Wright on my yahoo fantasy team. I practically stole him from J Geoff. grin wink

That ought to get a reaction from our Don.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/08 05:44 AM

I saw that!! tongue whistle wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/08 05:55 AM

Not a Mets fan, BL!

A fan of two Mets in particular, having nothing to do with a change of my team loyalty, but rather just being impressed by their individual assets.

Heh, that almost sounds respectable! lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/08 05:56 AM

assets lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/08 06:06 AM

C'mon, 'assets' is one of the most useful words in the world of fangirls! It makes us almost sound like we're actually talking about baseball, while at the same time being quite obvious we're talking about something else. wink

But I do like this approach quite a bit:
Plus, anyone see Jeter's butt during the game last night??
Nice job, SB! lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/08 06:09 AM

How titillating! grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/08 02:17 PM

Sorry for being so blunt. Jeter tends to crowd the plate when he's up at bat, and leans in quite a bit (which may have something to do with why he gets hit a lot, although I prefer to blame the jealousy and pettiness of opposing pitchers). Therefore, quite often there is the Jeter "butt shot" during a game.

However, seeing the Yankees lose by such an awful lot yesterday, to the Mets no less, just made me miserable. I'm from NY, and I really am not anti-Mets the way that some Mets fans are anti-Yankees, but we have friends who are rabid Mets fans and they will gloat and gloat over this win.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/08 04:24 PM

...but we have friends who are rabid Mets fans and they will gloat and gloat over this win.

I think shutting them out at Shea in Game 2 should squelch that a bit. wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/08 04:50 PM

You have Kyle on your fantasy team? What gives, CS? Can you at least share?? tongue

Yep, I have the Lohse-r on my team. He was on a good run, but was a free agent in the league. I pick him up and he consequently stinks up the joint in Detroit. Story of my team... ohwell lol

How's Mrs. CS? Are you both supporting those Scrubs now, or what?? lol

Mrs. CS is doing great! She's actually a Cardinals fan - can you believe it - so she likes it everytime the Cubs lose. I have Aramis Ramirez and Ted Lilly on my fantasy team. That, along with the Cubs' great start, means I have somewhat more than a passing interest in how the Cubs are doing. grin

BTW, I can't believe you're following the assets of the New York Mets. tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/30/08 03:19 AM

I remember that Mrs. CS was a Cardinals fan, but I was curious to see if, since you haven't switched over to them (yet), maybe you'd persuaded her to switch over to the Cubs by now. wink

And can you believe I used to think I might get you to become an Astros fan?! tongue

But I imagine Mr. and Mrs. CS now as those pairs you'll see on TV, sitting next to each other in the ballpark, but each is completely decked out in the gear of rival teams. lol That'd make a cute scene.

Considering what you're doing to Lohse, do you have any Houston guys on your team that I could blame you for jinxing? haha

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/03/08 05:38 AM

My grandma went to an Astros game recently, with my grandpa, uncle, and aunt. I think she only went for the others' sake, as she enjoys watching baseball, but doesn't like to go to the stadium often. Anyway, she ended up with a very nice memory - getting a FanFoto picture with our mascot, "Junction Jack." She told me she had walked around him, noticing his big fuzzy tail, then she felt somebody tap her shoulder, and she turned around to see the giant rabbit mascot - who then hugged her and gave her a kiss. Then the FanFoto photographer took her picture with him!

She wasn't sure in her description of him, so I kind of wondered if it was really the mascot or instead some lunatic dressed up in a suit, going around hugging people's grandmas. lol But she had the card they gave her to see the photo online, and I found it for her. It was so cute, and I could tell she was really happy about it. smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/03/08 05:50 AM

But she had the card they gave her to see the photo online, and I found it for her. It was so cute, and I could tell she was really happy about it.

So... where's the link??

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/03/08 06:19 AM

You mean my description wasn't enough?? tongue wink

Here ya go:
Grandma with the Grandma-Lovin' Junction Jack

Of course they'll make you buy it if you want that 'proof' watermark off... lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/03/08 07:54 PM

Gi, that's a great picture!! Love it.

Funny, I walk around Jeter, paying attention to his tail, too, but he never offers any hugs or kisses, or wants to have his picture taken with me. ohwell

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/03/08 07:59 PM

Of course they'll make you buy it if you want that 'proof' watermark off... lol

$17 for an 8x10?? What a racket! whistle Great pic, though! cool

Gi, that's a great picture!! Love it.

Funny, I walk around Jeter, paying attention to his tail, too,...

lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/03/08 08:02 PM

She told me she had walked around him, noticing his big fuzzy tail, then she felt somebody tap her shoulder, and she turned around to see the giant rabbit mascot - who then hugged her and gave her a kiss. Then the FanFoto photographer took her picture with him!

That's what Gina said her grandma did with the mascot. I was just saying... whistle

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/04/08 01:55 AM

My uncle who also went to the game is planning to order the prints for her. And he tells me this after I give him copies that I printed out for her myself, with the watermark still there. Way to show up my measly attempt at going the cheap way, just so she could see what it looked like. haha

Funny, I walk around Jeter, paying attention to his tail, too, but he never offers any hugs or kisses, or wants to have his picture taken with me. ohwell
But is Jeter's tail big and fuzzy? Maybe that's the difference. wink

Then again, that's probably a topic I shouldn't even bring up... lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/04/08 03:53 AM

is Jeter's tail big and fuzzy?

Okay, I know this is a Ladies thread, but still...! lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/04/08 04:53 AM

Okay, I know this is a Ladies thread, but still...! lol
I couldn't resist!

Or are you just jealous that the discussion in the rival guys/fellas thread is not quite as interesting? grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/04/08 05:12 AM

Maybe I am jealous, but I'd never admit it! whistle

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/04/08 05:14 AM

is Jeter's tail big and fuzzy?

Who needs the guys thread when there are lines like that here! lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/04/08 12:07 PM

But is Jeter's tail big and fuzzy?
Then again, that's probably a topic I shouldn't even bring up... lol

Gina, I would never kiss and tell. wink

Btw, Yankees, way to score 18 runs in one night, and then do NOTHING against Boston the next. mad You all suck. Except Jeter.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/05/08 12:36 PM

I was just in the Guys thread to spread some redneck hillbilly cooties.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/05/08 04:37 PM

I was just in the Guys thread to spread some redneck hillbilly cooties.

Way to go, Miggie! clap For your sake, I hope you showered after you left.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/06/08 03:09 AM

With scalding hot water.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/10/08 08:23 AM

You all suck. Except Jeter.
lol

Carlos Lee is a candidate for the NL Final Vote in the All-Star Game, and they've been running this hilarious commercial for him that's like a campaign advertisement. It's really so goofy, but it makes me laugh.
Video Link
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/10/08 12:36 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/10/08 07:51 PM

Gina, great commercial. To get votes for Giambi, the Yankees poked fun at his "good luck mustache" by giving out 20,000 fake mustaches last night at the stadium. Just for you, I went on and voted for Lee (and Giambi).

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/10/08 09:26 PM

Thanks for the vote, SB! Besides that crazy commercial, they keep working this "Vote for Carlos" graphic into the broadcasts however and whenever they can, and the announcers have even admitted it's like they're brainwashing us...haha

I remember catching a Yankees broadcast a few days ago (Fox or ESPN), and I saw a group of fans all wearing those fake mustaches. I guess they had their own before the giveaway, but now I can imagine the thousands of fans walking around wearing those things. lol

Santino, just who do you think you are, trying to sabotage our lovely thread with your foul activities? Perhaps you haven't yet been informed, but you have...cooties. tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/10/08 10:35 PM

Um, Gi, I didn't notice you saying, "Thanks, SB. And of course I voted for Giambi!!"

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/10/08 10:43 PM

And of course I voted for Giambi!!"

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/11/08 12:56 AM

Um, Gi, I didn't notice you saying, "Thanks, SB. And of course I voted for Giambi!!"
Sorry!! blush

If you can believe, last night was the only time I voted. (And only once for the starting All-Stars! I think I've lost my spirit for that... ohwell ) I usually don't vote for any AL'ers since I don't know them as well, so I guess I at least didn't hurt Giambi's chances!

...does this mean I'll have to wear the mustache as punishment? lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/11/08 12:56 AM

He credits the 'stache for his turnaround!! He can't EVER shave it now.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/12/08 08:00 AM

I'm getting the sudden temptation to photoshop a Giambi-stache onto all the BB members' photos.

I'll resist... lol

And I think SC posting that picture is an indication that he must've voted for Giambi in the Final Vote.

But hey, none of it paid off! That darn Corey Hart won the spot, along with Evan Longoria. He oughta have a girlfriend named Tonya Parker.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/12/08 09:53 AM

And I think SC posting that picture is an indication that he must've voted for Giambi in the Final Vote.

Huh??? That was a picture of a hairball that OzzieBoy threw up!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/12/08 01:51 PM

I'm getting the sudden temptation to photoshop a Giambi-stache onto all the BB members' photos.

I'll resist... lol

Please, don't let us staunch your creativity!!! grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/16/08 08:34 AM

Huh??? That was a picture of a hairball that OzzieBoy threw up!
That tells me OzzieBoy's a Giambi fan, then! tongue wink

SB, I'll keep the mustache-chop idea in mind...maybe someday, when you guys least expect it! haha

Despite seeing my NL'ers lose yet again, what an amazing All-Star game! I was proud of Tejada for his great work, Berkman at least got a sac fly, and the whole game was a lot of fun to watch.

Here are some nice photos that I mentioned to SB and thought you all might like:

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/16/08 04:54 PM

Gina, What great pics! Thanks for sharing! But who is that guy in the suit, in the second to last photo?? confused whistle

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/16/08 04:56 PM

But who is that guy in the suit, in the second to last photo??

Geez... and I went back to look to see if I could answer that for you. ohwell

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/16/08 04:56 PM

Sucker!!! tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/17/08 12:07 AM

One of Nicole's cousins on her father's side had a baby yesterday. People say there's no such thing as an ugly baby. They were wrong. I've seen pictures and that's one ugly ass baby. lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/18/08 07:45 AM

Gina, What great pics! Thanks for sharing! But who is that guy in the suit, in the second to last photo?? confused whistle
That was just for you!

I can't tell you how giggly and giddy I was, looking through all those gorgeous pictures from the game.

I mean, for fantasy research, of course. (Oh no, do I even get to use that excuse anymore? panic )

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/30/08 12:50 AM

SB, I noticed a couple days ago Jeter opened his own line of 24 hour gyms in New York. You gonna join? You never know there could be a time when he's doing leg lifts or squats and needs a spotter.

I'm watching some of the Yankee/Oriole game and wondered who you thought should throw out the final pitch at Yankee Stadium. Yogi would be good, but he was part of the All Star celebration, should don't know how "special" that would be. I also see the Orioles play the last game there.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/30/08 01:57 AM

I saw that. I thought of the time that Elaine saw JFK, Jr. in the gym. Man, he was good-looking. It's hard to believe he's gone.

The Yankees game is fairly depressing right now. WTF?? Why is Mo even in right now? This is not exactly a save situation.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/01/08 06:12 AM

Bethie, can you just let my friend Diana live with you for a while, so she can go see her man play some home games? lol

Now she's mad that we acquired LaTroy Hawkins from the Yankees because he apparently hit (or almost hit) Luke with a pitch in a game a while back. As devoted as she is, he might as well agree to marry her, which I'm certain she'll propose if they ever meet.

We're going to go see the Astros face the Mets tomorrow, and if we're lucky, we'll get a free Lance Berkman bobblehead - though you wouldn't know it was him by looking at it. We're famous for promotional items that look little like the players. haha It's supposed to be Pedro tomorrow, and a Johan v. Oswalt matchup Saturday, which I'm hoping turns out to be a fun pitcher's duel.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/01/08 11:24 AM

Bethie, can you just let my friend Diana live with you for a while, so she can go see her man play some home games? lol

Come on over Diana. We'll enjoy some weiners and cold ones while she watches her hot one. lol
Posted By: Ice

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/04/08 12:22 AM

Now she's mad that we acquired LaTroy Hawkins from the Yankees because he apparently hit (or almost hit) Luke with a pitch in a game a while back.

Actually, Hawkins threw at his HEAD. ohwell I saw the highlight. Afterward, Luke definitely took a step toward the mound with bat in hand, expletives flying. Of course, Hawkins is about 4 inches taller than Scott, so..

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/05/08 02:06 AM

Thanks Bethie! She's not yet 21, but I'm sure she'd go for the cold ones. lol

I remember the Hawkins incident now...I even saw a clip, but somehow had forgotten what happened. Since my friend's not here to say it, I will: Screw height, Luke could take him on anyday, anytime, thank you very much.

----

Here's a great clip I wanted to share here...

In Saturday's game against NY, we came from behind in the 9th to tie it up, and in one of the funniest/strangest ways I've seen.
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200808023244311&c_id=hou

Poor Loretta ended up hurt, but I was glad we managed to score both. I've decided that if you're running ahead of Hunter, you better be on the move or he'll run you down!

Here's how we ended up winning it in the 10th:
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200808023244311&c_id=hou

And on the Mets' part, I thought this play was really incredible, by a guy (Dan Murphy) who was playing in his first major league game!
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200808023243829
Posted By: Ice

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/05/08 06:19 AM

Luke could take him on anyday, anytime, thank you very much.

----

You're probably right. I'm sure Luke is a hoss, and Hawkins is 35 yrs old after all. I just meant that Luke would probably have to take him to the ground and then it would just get broken up. He wouldn't have a lot of time to land punches against a much taller fighter in that scenario.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/26/09 12:38 AM

I got somewhat of a request for a revival of this thread... grin

And after all, baseball season wouldn't be the same without fantasy discussion!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/26/09 12:47 AM

Yay, Gina!!! We need to make sure that we get Bethie back, too!! OMG! My boys got spanked so badly today by the BoSox. It was NASTY. But it's only April, so we have a looooooong season ahead. And Jeter's butt is still Jeter's butt. grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/26/09 02:51 AM

Wow, spanking.... Jeter's Butt.... this thread is definitely back.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/28/09 05:37 AM

In top form, Blib. Go Dodgers, right? No, wait. I'm getting the sense that you wouldn't root for them...hmm.

And Jeter's butt is still Jeter's butt. grin
Very wise words, my friend!

Beeeethiieee...where are youuuu?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/28/09 05:46 PM

I haven't been able to watch a Tribe game yet. ohwell

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/03/09 10:55 AM

Given all the Megan Fox pictures that have popped up (interesting choice of words - "popped up") lately, I thought it might be high time to resurrect this thread.

Here's a favorite for me:

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/03/09 10:57 AM

And then I found this one. Wonder what he's happy about? Being Derek Freaking Jeter perhaps??

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/03/09 05:20 PM

I gotta admit he is HOT!!! Look at them pearly whites.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/03/09 05:32 PM

Here's his best side, Mig. Beth, you can pass this onto your daughter.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/03/09 06:10 PM

Makes ya want to pinch it huh? this side aint bad either.
Posted By: Mark

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/04/09 12:02 PM

It's okay that I'm in here, ladies - I'm delivering you all flowers...but I heard that Jeter's favorite GF character is "Fredo". Something about that he is misunderstood and Jeter "feels" for him? Does he need to tell us something? whistle Just sayin'...

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/04/09 12:12 PM

Oh, you do NOT come into the Ladies Thread and talk like THAT!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/04/09 12:15 PM

I'm leaving...enjoy the flowers!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/04/09 12:18 PM

They're very pretty. You are now forgiven for dissing Jeter.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/04/09 12:23 PM

"I'll be back!"

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/04/09 02:27 PM

Someone was forgiven for dissing Jeter? Man, those flowers must have included some magical potion in them. No one usually comes out alive after that.

I need to find me some more pics to look at. Where are all the studs at? They can't be all in New York.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/04/09 02:46 PM

They were like those poppies from The Wizard of Oz, Beth.

Where's Gina and any Astros pics? To be fair, we shouldn't ALWAYS concentrate on Jeter. I mean, David Wright's pretty cute, too! Oh, wait, STILL in NY!!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/04/09 02:47 PM

I actually have said Wright was pretty cute. Man, I feel like such a cougar.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/04/09 03:40 PM

I KNOW!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/04/09 06:22 PM

Ya'll might think I'm crazy but I think Bret Michael's is hot.

Speaking of the cougar, did anybody see that show on TV Land?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/09 04:00 AM

Ladies! Thanks for reviving this!

There's certainly some strong talent present outside of NY, but that blue-and-orange duo of Wright and Reyes always has my attention. grin
Click to reveal..

And in Astros news, my sweetie Carlos Lee hit a slammy in last night's game!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/09 04:21 AM

Gina!! Thank you for coming by! It wouldn't be the same around here without you.

I always thought that Dan Giese was cute. I think he's pitches for the As now.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/09 12:47 PM

You have a new sweetie Gina? You're no longer wild about Willy?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/09 12:55 PM

"Willie"??? Is that what you crazy kids call "it" these days?!? I told you I'd be back! It's okay - I brought you all candy this time - enjoy!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/09 01:29 PM

Really?? Do you think that you can buy us off with some flowers and a few chocolates?? Oh, honey, it's going to take WAY more than that!

I mean, we can't be bought! That's what I meant to say!

And this is for my Gina!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/09 01:37 PM

Honey? Is that you? What is my wife doing on this BB?!? wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 06:00 AM

You have a new sweetie Gina? You're no longer wild about Willy?
Oh yes, Bethie, I've liked Carlos for a while now. It's not that he's the "replacement" or anything - I just needed a new Astros guy since Willy left. blush Haha, that sounds horrible, but I fell for him shortly after we got him, and he's one of my favorite players now, along with Berkman, Oswalt, and Pence.

Thanks for the cute photo, SB!

Mark, you're definitely one of the guys, considering you're already jumping in with the Willy jokes. tongue

My latest fantasy interest has been Kobe. Controversy and team loyalties aside, I can't help but find him cute. I just won't admit it in public. lol I always find myself watching the playoffs, then wishing I'd kept up with basketball the entire season. The Rockets really made Houston proud, getting as far as they did and taking LA to seven games. Oh, and those puppet commercials are so funny! Have you seen them? The ones with that little boy are hilarious, where he's asking questions nonstop.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 07:37 AM

My latest fantasy interest has been Kobe.

panic panic panic panic panic

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 01:49 PM

My latest fantasy interest has been Kobe. Controversy and team loyalties aside, I can't help but find him cute. I just won't admit it in public. lol

You just did! tongue

I have to say, I'm just a little scared for you. Kobe?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 03:12 PM

Let's applaud Gina for admitting her problem. It's the first step toward finding a cure.

Kobe??? Really???? Is it because he was named after beef or because he speaks Italian?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 03:41 PM

Gina, we're all here for you. Consider us your Anti Kobe Anonymous meeting. hee hee.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 08:26 PM

Uhh...can I still claim that was just a joke for you guys...? Ahem. blush
You just did! tongue
I consider this "semi-public"...and look at the bad reaction already! lol

I don't know why - it's mostly his smile, and maybe his actual talent. Geez, now that I have to defend myself, I feel like a weirdo! I think I'll stick to baseball players, and root for the Magic. tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 10:38 PM

Confession is good for the soul...as Cardinal Lamberto said to Michael in GF3; "Yes, Gina, go on...go on."

Sorry ladies - I was going to bring you all a gift but I was told that you "can't be bought!" whistle
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 10:40 PM

Pfffffft . . . .

Ha Ha. I farted in the Ladies Thread.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 10:46 PM

Are you ladies sure I can't bring you any more gifts - like a can of Lysol, perhaps?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
Sorry ladies - I was going to bring you all a gift but I was told that you "can't be bought!" whistle

Some of us can be.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Pfffffft . . . .

Paybacks are forthcoming in the guys thread.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 11:16 PM

Oh no! eek I suppose you will start by making us throw out all of our milk crate shelving units, mopping the floor and putting coasters on all the table tops!!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/09 11:23 PM

Yes but you can keep your dirty tv tray for your tv stand.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/09/09 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Pfffffft . . . .

Shocker! rolleyes

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/09/09 01:50 AM

I'll grab the potpourri and SB you grab the doilies and Jeter pictures and we'll head over to the Men's thread.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/09/09 02:24 AM

Ya'll might think I'm crazy but I think Bret Michael's is hot.

Speaking of the cougar, did anybody see that show on TV Land?

Mig, Bret Michaels is from my neck of the woods. Although he had moved to LA before I moved to the Harrisburg area, he frequently returns to his hometown of Mechanicsburg.

He's an avid Steeler fan, which makes him ok in my book. I never met him, but he was pointed out to me at a nearby sports bar where we were watching a Steeler Monday Night game in the midor early 90s. I've been told that he is a generous and friendly guy.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/09/09 10:50 AM

To show that this is not all shallow chatter, happy to see that the Yankees won again last night. They head to Boston a half game up on the Sox. They've yet to beat them this season, so it's great that they're going there on a high.

Oh, and Jeter hit a home run last night to solidify the win. grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/09/09 01:55 PM

MASN plays Nationals Classic games during the day. I'm watching a game when Vinny Castilla was on the team. It's nice to see him standing in the batter's box chewing his gum again. smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 02:56 AM

I was thinking of you and SC today, SB, as I read my book about Roger Clemens - The Rocket That Fell to Earth. To be honest, I guess I never knew a lot about his history, just bits and pieces, and it's interesting to learn all these things about the fallen hero, who I once idolized. I imagined myself as a Sox fan in the Boston years, and now I'm in the Yankee years, nearing the end of the book.

I really don't think I could ever learn enough about baseball. There's SO much history to it!

Bethie, that's so nice you still get to see your man. smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 05:38 AM

gina, have you ever seen the movie, "Cobb", starring Tommy Lee Jones as Ty Cobb? It's an EXCELLENT portrayal of arguably the best ballplayer who ever lived (even though the movie "concentrates" on what an SOB he was).

If you haven't seen it, check out some of his lifetime stats and then watch the movie. You'll enjoy it!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 10:42 AM

In "Field of Dreams", doesn't Shoeless Joe say that they won't let Ty Cobb come and play on the Iowa field because they all hated his guts???

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 01:02 PM

In "Field of Dreams", doesn't Shoeless Joe say that they won't let Ty Cobb come and play on the Iowa field because they all hated his guts???

That was true. Cobb was probably the least liked, but most respected player of his time among his peers.

A former major league catcher, Steve O'Neill, who had grown up on the same street that my dad did, but was a generation older, was fond of recalling a game, in which he picked off Cobb at first base.

When Cobb got to the plate for his next AB, he muttered, "You son of a bitch, you'll never do that again," to which O'Neill replied, "You son of a bitch, you'll never take that lead on me." O'Neill, who went on to manage the Tigers to a World Series, played against Ruth, Gehrig, Foxx, etc., and thought that Cobb was the best and fiercest player he had ever seen.

I never have seen the Tommie Lee Jones movie that SC mentioned, but always meant to. Maybe this summer I will.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 03:06 PM

Part of that was covered in the movie, "Cobb". During an annual Hall of Fame reunion in the late '50s, many of the greats gathered in Cooperstown and publicly showed their admiration for Cobb, but privately (in a party thrown after the HOF event) barred Cobb from attending the party.

Legend has it that Cobb was traveling with Grantland Rice, a noted sportswriter of the day, in the 1950s and that they stopped off in a liquor store to buy a bottle. The clerk who served them was none other than Shoeless Joe, who had been forced to take menial jobs after he had been banned from baseball. Supposedly, Cobb recognized Jackson right away but Shoeless Joe didn't say anything to Cobb. Ty finally asked him if he recognized him and Jackson replied that he did but wasn't sure if Cobb would recognize HIM because many others from the baseball world had turned their back on him.

Cobb had a soft side, probably albeit a small one.... he basically supported Mickey Cochrane, the great catcher of the 1920s, during his later years when he was an alcoholic has-been.

I highly recommend the movie to any baseball fan!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 04:50 PM

*faaaaaart*

Oops, sorry; wrong thread. whistle

Carry on...

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 05:17 PM

The sign on the door here:

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 05:20 PM

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 05:23 PM

We're gonna need a bigger button.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 05:25 PM

SC, you might have more luck in the Ladies Thread if you posted this button:

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 05:49 PM

We're gonna need a bigger button.

Yep!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 06:00 PM

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 06:11 PM

Damn, how'd that picture of me get on the internet.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 06:13 PM

Damn, how'd that picture of me get on the internet.

I posted it. whistle

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 06:14 PM

Always the smart ass.

Like Bob Dylan sang, that answer is blowing in the wind.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 06:21 PM

And as Dylan also said, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows". tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/10/09 06:50 PM

It's whatever direction the dog's running away from.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/11/09 05:08 AM

That'll be another one for my movie list, SC - thanks.

And since the only pictures I see are fart-related or chick-related, I need to freshen things up with a tantalizing taste of this weekend's Subway Series:

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/11/09 08:04 AM

Hey, Jeter's bat is smaller.

Sorry, SB.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/11/09 10:43 AM

Must be just the angle, because everyone knows that Jeter's got a mighty bat. Or, at least the millions he makes every year make it plenty big. wink

Edit: Thank you, Gina. About time we remember what this thread's all about.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/11/09 02:36 PM

Edit: Thank you, Gina. About time we remember what this thread's all about.

Jeter's bat size? BTW I like that name Subway series.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/13/09 05:55 AM

I saw this advertisement and thought of you ladies in this thread. I wanted to share it with you. Apparently Jeter is a mighty stinky fellow. Sexy? Well, that's for you to decide, but stinky? YES. Because he needs "most powerferful anti-perspirant": grin

Proof:

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/14/09 03:41 AM

Oh no, no, no. You've misunderstood! They just use Jeter for their ads because they know he's so sexy and irresistible that even men will believe they need whatever product he's showing them. Jeter smells so delightful, he could actually have his own Derek-scented deodorant.

Right, SB? grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/14/09 04:12 AM

They just use Jeter for their ads because they know he's so sexy and irresistible that even men will believe they need whatever product he's showing them.

Like his Avon cologne.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/09 04:05 PM

See, Blib, Gina gets it!!

I remember that Jason Giambi was a spokesman for some deodorant a few years ago. However, after seeing him always all soaked and sweaty when he took off his batting helmet, the commercials disappeared from the air. lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/17/09 09:58 PM

I believe BL.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/17/09 10:17 PM

He just does a lot of bumping and grinding and sweating that he needs a better deodorant.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/19/09 02:39 AM

I believe BL.

Et tu, DS??? frown

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/23/09 02:52 AM

I believe BL.
Tsk, tsk. Siding with a boy in the ladies' thread, where your cooties are already a no-no? Not cool, CS. tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/23/09 02:54 AM

I believe BL.

I agree with DB's belief.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/24/09 05:01 AM

I agree with DB's belief.
That's...NOT FAIR!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/04/09 08:12 AM

In The Ladies Thread, no less. UGH!! And the new commercial has Jeter AND Tiger in it, so there!! Go ahead and make fun of Tiger, too!!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/06/09 10:10 PM

Happy Belated 4th, ladies!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/06/09 10:15 PM

DS, you are so sweet.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/10/09 04:34 AM

Thanks, CS - hope yours was nice!

I like the ASG commercial with the arch being used as a magnet to drag all the players to St. Louis. Now there's an intriguing idea...

Think we can get ahold of a magnet that strong, ladies? grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/10/09 02:02 PM

Think we can get ahold of a magnet that strong, ladies? grin
(SB builds secret laboratory in her basement for construction of said magnet)

My Yankees are tied for 1st place with Boston!! WOO HOO!!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/14/09 02:29 AM

One of my Fav John Travolta movies is on CMT this Sunday at 8pm. Urban Cowboy.

Boy does he look good in a cowboy shirt and a tight pair of jeans. Anybody have a drooling smiley? lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/17/09 07:59 PM

Mig, I noticed that the Bravo channel seems to be doing a Grease marathon tonight, airing the first and second movies each twice...had to let my Travolta fan know. wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/02/10 07:39 AM

If this isn't good reason to revive the Ladies' Thread...

Well, then I'll have no problem conducting further research. grin

Oh, whoops, is this guy from the wrong team? whistle

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/02/10 07:43 AM

Traitor!!! lol tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/02/10 12:06 PM

Who is that?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/04/10 05:16 AM

Sidney Crosby, the guy who scored the winning goal for the Canadian hockey team...
...when I type it out, I do feel like a traitor! lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/04/10 12:09 PM

He's still a cutie patootie Gina. It doesn't matter what team he plays on. Well, at least not as for as hockey goes anyway. smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/04/10 01:24 PM

Spring Training games started yesterday. I saw that The O's won, 12-2. Didn't notice who they played, and can probably only name 5 Orioles. But it's good to jet start the adredaline to get into baseball fever.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/04/10 07:17 PM

This is The Orioles pitching roster. There's not a half way decent one in the bunch. When the heck did they get Kevin Millwood? He must be reaching the end of his career, that's why The O's got him. And they wonder why they have no fans.

Pitchers B/T Ht Wt DOB

37 Matt Albers L/R 6-0 205 01/20/83
35 Brad Bergesen L/R 6-2 210 09/25/85
49 Jason Berken R/R 6-0 205 11/27/83
53 Alberto Castillo L/L 6-3 220 07/05/75
60 Brandon Erbe R/R 6-4 190 12/25/87
51 Michael Gonzalez R/L 6-2 215 05/23/78
46 Jeremy Guthrie R/R 6-1 205 04/08/79
27 Mark Hendrickson L/L 6-9 240 06/23/74
63 David Hernandez R/R 6-2 230 05/13/85
43 Jim Johnson R/R 6-5 231 06/27/83
64 Luis Lebron R/R 6-1 180 03/15/85
17 Brian Matusz L/L 6-4 190 02/11/87
26 Cla Meredith R/R 6-0 190 06/04/83
31 Kam Mickolio R/R 6-9 255 05/10/84
34 Kevin Millwood R/R 6-4 230 12/24/74
40 Troy Patton S/L 6-1 185 09/03/85
59 Wilfrido Perez L/L 6-0 145 08/12/84
62 Chorye Spoone R/R 6-1 215 09/16/85
54 Chris Tillman R/R 6-5 200 04/15/88
19 Koji Uehara R/R 6-1 190 04/03/75

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/04/10 07:20 PM

Gina, Gina, what were you thinking?? A Canadian?? Btw, I see that your Willy is now with the Nationals!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/05/10 04:19 AM

A hottie is a hottie in my book.

I see the Tribes opening day is April 12th. I hope it don't snow.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/15/10 03:58 AM

It's all good, Bethie - as long as baseball's back, it won't matter who's playing (for awhile, at least!) I feel extremely out of touch with everything, and can't wait to have the games on every night again.

SB, thanks for the update! Glad he's staying NL, so I can keep an eye on him. wink

Ladies, you'll love this video:

"Jim" from The Office (John Krasinski) is my favorite. He's definitely handsome, and the looks he gives are hilarious, just like on his show.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/15/10 11:50 AM

I saw that. I thought it was hilarious, especially Lenny Kravitz singing about how Jimmy Kimmel's moobs are like the breasts of a 14 year old girl. lol And of course for my fellow WingNut Beth, there's Rob "Sam Seaborn" Lowe! LOVE HIM!

Thanks for posting!

As for baseball, we've been DVRing the Yankee spring training games. It's just not the same. I wanted to get tickets when we were down in Florida last month, but the Yankees were hours from where we were. The Mets were only about an hour away, but who wants to see THEM? (ok, maybe David Wright, but that's IT!) Anyway, instead of baseball, I ended up in the hospital. I had three blod clots I didn't know about. Being in a hospital 1500 miles from home is just no fun!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/15/10 01:33 PM

If you've posted it before, I'm sorry to have missed it but I hope your recovery is going well, SB!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/15/10 11:01 PM

Thanks, DS. We were supposed to fly home the day I was admitted, but our flight was canceled because of the blizzard here. Since I already had clots in both lungs, I'm pretty sure that flight would not have ended well. I owe everyone on the East Coast an apology since a guardian angel sent that blizzard to keep me off that plane. Although life on Coumadin is not fun, it sure as hell beats the alternative.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/16/10 05:06 AM

a guardian angel sent that blizzard to keep me off that plane.

I don't doubt that for one second! I know for a fact that mine has saved me a few times -- whether you call it fate or destiny or coincidence, the outcome is the same (for better or worse) IMHO...

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/16/10 11:56 AM

And then who would have been around to admire Jeter's butt?? OK, millions, but not with the depth of fervor that I do.

Man, that just doesn't sound right.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/16/10 01:26 PM

SB is talking about Jeter's butt... Yeah, I would say you're on your way to recovery. wink smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/17/10 02:28 AM

SB, wow, I'm so sorry to hear about the clots you had - but so VERY glad that you got it taken care of. It definitely sounds like someone's watching over you. Perhaps as reward for so fervently watching Jeter. wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/17/10 11:03 AM

The Ghost of Billy Martin?? lol If watching Jeter is my reward here on earth, I'll just have to make sure to do lots and lots of it. whistle

Seriously, I feel very blessed, Gi, especially when one of my doctors here called me and said, "You know, people DIE of that!"

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/24/10 02:28 AM

Urban Cowboy is on right now. John is so hot!!!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/06/10 02:42 AM

(We lost, but...) It's the most WONDERFUL time of the year-r-r!! grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/06/10 12:04 PM

We lost, too, Gina. It sucked, especially since we were winning by a huge lead for a good part of the game.

However, it was just great to have the Yankees back on my TV. Next game tonight!!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/13/10 01:13 AM

Your guys' game against Boston was really exciting last Sunday! I enjoyed watching it.

--------

0-7.

I'm still happy to have baseball back.

...but really?? frown

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/13/10 06:24 PM

I'm going to the Indians game May 21st. Hopefully we will have good weather but here in Ohio knowing my luck it will snow.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/13/10 06:26 PM

0-7.

I'm still happy to have baseball back.

...but really?? frown

I was thinking of you Gina when I saw Houston's record on ESPN. No Willy...now this. I know The O's don't fare any better, although I have no clue their record. I don't follow them at all.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/13/10 10:26 PM

Today was the Yanks home opener. Since their World Series MVP was traded to the team they were playing, I thought it might be awkward during the ring ceremony, but the team welcomed Matsui (in his Angels uniform) so warmly, and with obvious affection.

And Jeter hit a home run!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/15/10 03:44 AM

My kids in VA won their dart tournament tonight. Becky got 3 bulleyes in a row. They are the champs now. I'm a proud Mommy. clap

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/16/10 02:11 PM

Hey Gina. The Astros won!!! smile Now they have a better record than the horrible Orioles. haha.

I have not watched on whole baseball game this year. I've caught a couple innings of some games here and there. Having a suck-ass hometeam makes one not interested in the game. I gotta get my head around watching again.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/16/10 02:25 PM

Beth, who is worse? The Mets or the Os?? Is it a toss-up?

I have no idea why the Yankees wanted Javier Vazquez back to pitch. He sucked the last time he was a Yankee, and he apparently isn't any better this time around (o for 2). He was lights out in the NL, but he literally is out of his league in the AL.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/16/10 02:45 PM

The O's. We have no pitching, no hitting. The great Miguel Tejada came back and the other night he dropped a routine pop up that should have been the 3rd out. The next batter hit a homer. They've lost 7 straight home games. It's so bad one local sports announcer called a game, the loss that no one saw. The stadium was EMPTY.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/16/10 03:52 PM

That's a shame, because that's a great stadium, too.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/16/10 04:03 PM

It's nice, but I pass it each day at work so I don't give it another thought. The O's do have some fans, but I think if they dismantled or left town no one would really care. I hate the owner Peter Angelos. He just worries about getting millions suing for asbestos, and won't spend decent money for players. It used to be when The Red Sox and Yanks were in town at least they'd be a crowd. Even if they were mainly for the opposing team. smile Now, some of those games aren't even sell outs. If you ever watch a game when The Yanks are in town take a look at the crowd and see how empty it seems.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/17/10 12:17 AM

The Nationals game is on. I'll try to get into it, even though it's already in the 4th inning. I gotta get back into my baseball groove. I just hope no fans throw up on each other.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/18/10 06:41 AM

Thanks for your support, Bethie! lol But really, I think our whole fan base was down in the dumps during that 0-8 spell..the club record was 0-9, and I'm glad we didn't break it. Berkman's out with an injury, and my Carlos has been in a bad slump, but hopefully the baseball gods will be kinder to them now.

--------

Who saw that CRAZY game between the Mets and STL?!! My friend called me about it when they were in the 16th, so I watched it from there to the end. It was so wacky, from position players pitching, to a pitcher in the outfield, along with wild throws and attempted steals. This video shows a glimpse of the insanity:
20-inning Game

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/18/10 06:14 PM

Damn! The Mets have an interesting win (actually ANY win), and I missed it?? 20 innings. That IS insane.

My boys won yesterday against Texas, but they're tied right now in the third. However, Posada just got a single with what looked like it would be a foul ball, but it literally bounced on the line.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/10 02:18 AM

(Figured we could talk at more length in our "home"... grin )
I'm much better now, Gi, thanks. We're concentrating now on planning our summer vacation and getting my daughter transferred to a four year school. She's been attending the local community college, so it's time to move on. I know what you mean about end of semester stress, though. She's been crazy, and is so relieved it's behind her.
Seems like all the assignments are piled up at the end of the year, which is stressful enough before you even can think about finals! Is she still going to stay nearby when she transfers? And where are y'all thinking about vacationing? Is there another BB get-together in the mix?!

---

On a baseball note...those freakin' Astros. I can deal with the losing because I just like that baseball's back, but not losing like this!! 15-6 yesterday and 12-2 today. frown

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/10 09:15 PM

She is going to transfer very close by. She's been dating someone pretty steadily for over a year now, and I don't either of them wants to go away. Plus, this is a good school for nursing, so why not?

We're looking at Florida. I'm not supposed to take long drives or long flights for at least a year, so 2 or 3 hours in a plane is my limit. The doctors say the plane is actually better because I can get up and walk around every 40 minutes or so. Can't do that in a car. If I'm in the car for more than an hour, we actually have to pull over so I can walk around.

Sorry about your boys. I haven't even been following baseball this week. We had a garage sale, and I've been a little nuts getting it together. All I can say is that I'm amazed at what people will buy.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/10 09:47 PM

Yard/garage sales are fun. When I visit Becky we go yard saleing. One mans junk is another mans treasure.

Where you live does your city make you get a permit to have aa yard sale?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/10 06:57 AM

Yeah, I think it's great she's staying nearby - I've never regretted going to school close to home! And nursing's gonna be such a good field for her. My mom's been mentioning that a lot as something I could keep as an option (although I'm on a much different path), and I see that all the time in articles talking about where there's a strong demand for people to work.

Oh gosh, that's right, you'd had knee surgery - how are you doing?? That's good you can make a plane ride, and I'm sure the vacation itself will make it completely worth it, for you to take the time to relax and have a good time!

My family's due for a garage sale, or at least my mom's been talking about having one for a long time; we'll probably never actually do it, though. haha But Mig's right about it - I guess that's why they're such a big draw for people, with the chance of getting a great deal on something that you really want. I sold all of my Archie comics when I was younger, which I'd collected and read over and over throughout the years, and almost immediately after, I regretted it!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/10 07:24 AM

Oh, and because it's the Ladies' Thread...

James Franco
I finished watching the entire Freaks and Geeks series a few days ago (only 18 episodes, sadly), and I LOVED it. James Franco played the bad boy "Daniel," and yeah, my eyes were glued to the screen when he was on, so he's definitely worth a mention in this thread. grin [But truly, the show is absolutely amazing; so different from most cheesy sitcoms, with great humor and raw emotion that made it really sentimental, too.]
Click to reveal..

James Marsden
I don't know anything about this guy except that he was in 27 Dresses (which I watched part of today, wanting to get my chick flick fix), and he's cute.
Click to reveal..

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/08/10 02:52 PM

I was never a bit James Franco fan, but I did love "27 Dresses". I know it's a silly movie that I should not have loved, but I did. And James Marsden was quite adorable.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/12/10 10:01 PM

I was never really a James Franco fan, but then he did a couple months on General Hospital, and his dark character had me rooting for him. Talk about good editing, the guy actually only worked 3 days though.

In the feel good deparment, Daniel Nava making his major league debut with The Red Sox today, hit a grand slam homer his first at bat. His parents were able to arrive from San Diego just in time to witness it. No matter what your team, you have to feel good for the kid.

On the same matter, can David Ortiz retire already.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/13/10 12:25 AM

Retire Big Papi?? C'mon, Beth, you can't mean it! That is a great story about Nava, though. Can you imagine?

Glad my boys won today, but too bad it was against your boys, Gina.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/13/10 01:01 AM

You're right. No need for Papi to retire. The Orioles would probably pick him up soon after.

I would love to score a ticket for next weekend's games in Fenway when Manny returns with The Dodgers. Should be fun.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/13/10 01:22 AM

The Orioles probably would like The Mets and their fans to show up more often. Today's attendance is over 42,000. I guess since Mets fans don't get to see Camden Yards that often they jump at the chance. There's probably been instances where it took 3 games to get that total.

Is it bad that I'm watching part of the game and rooting for The Mets?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/13/10 07:02 PM

No, I would be rooting for the Mets, too!! LOL

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/15/10 01:40 AM

I found .38 cents in my washer today. WOO!HOO!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/21/10 09:01 PM

Ooh, your guys really tore us down, SB! And the Rangers did, too, but I completely missed it...I got some kind of stomach sickness Saturday night, and I feel like I've been sleepy/out-of-it ever since, even though my stomach was better by yesterday morning!

Mig, long ago, my mom let me in on her secret about all the coins (and other junk) she would find in my brother's and dad's pockets because they never remembered to clean them out. I can't recall if she kept the money or not, but she should've! grin

I went to visit my cousins a few days ago, and we saw Toy Story 3 at the theater. My cousin Nick has seen the first two MANY times and loves them, so he was obviously excited about this release. I found out that his type are referred to as "Andyites" because they grew up with the main character Andy, since the second one came out in 1999 and he's now off to college. So there we were, three "kids" in their twenties wanting to see Toy Story, and I'm not ashamed to admit that the movie brought me to tears several times. lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/22/10 05:45 PM

Glad to hear that you're feeling better, Gi. I love the first Toy Story, but don't remember the second. My daughters and I were just talking about seeing the new one. It would be so much fun. There's a local non-profit that's showing the movie Thursday as a fundraiser, so we're thinking of seeing it then.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/10 12:09 AM

Did you end up getting to see the movie?

My uncle found a Carlos Lee bobblehead from a past promotional deal and got it for me, but in the process of it being transported from him to me, my little cousin got a hold of it and accidentally broke the horse head off the stick horse that Carlos is holding...so I'm definitely trying to think up some kind of plot for a Godfather spin-off, where Carlos finds a horse head in his bed. lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/10 05:38 AM

James Marsden
I don't know anything about this guy except that he was in 27 Dresses

Ummm... that's Cyclops!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/10 06:44 AM

Like I said...I don't know anything about him. tongue I don't watch X-Men!! lol

Oh, but I see he was in The Box, which was that (apparently bad?) movie that took the storyline from a new Twilight Zone episode!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/10 02:28 PM

Gi, my daughter went to see Toy Story 3 with a friend, so I got shut out. frown She said that she was in tears, though.

My Jeter was chosen as USA Today's 2010 most caring athlete for his work with Turn 2, a foundation he established after his first year in the majors. It's run by his sister, and it introduces baseball to children who have never played, as well as providing substance abuse programs. Mr. Jeter has even been known to coach a game.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/02/10 06:30 AM

Take Mr. Babe to go see it!! I tried to get my parents to go, since they wanted to see a movie, but they instead decided not to see anything. lol

Kudos to your man! He seems like such a sweetheart - always nice to hear about a superstar who's still down to earth and makes good use of his resources.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/16/10 07:08 AM

Alrighty, we're going into the second half with a 36-53 record...surely it's uphill from here? crazy

I am excited about our new hitting coach: Jeff Bagwell!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/16/10 01:20 PM

It's been a tough week for the Yankees. First they lost Bob Sheppard their long time announcer, and then The Boss, George Steinbrenner.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/16/10 01:37 PM

Helloooo Ladiessss...

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/16/10 05:43 PM

Helloooo Ladiessss...

COOTIES ALERT!!!! COOTIES ALERT!!!!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/17/10 03:06 AM

I heard about those stories, SB - such a shame to lose both so close together. I saw a short clip of Jeter speaking to the Yankee crowd during what I believe was a tribute to Sheppard.

Mark, I imagined that being said in a very creepy voice. tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/18/10 01:49 PM

Creepy but innocent. Just wanted to give a quick shout out and let you girls know that we (men) are monitoring your secret women talk from time to time!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/18/10 05:05 PM

Yes, super secret public postings. tongue

Gi, When Sheppard got sick a few years ago and had to retire, Jeter used his recorded voice to introduce him. He said that Bob Sheppard has always introduced him, and that's the way it will be as long as he plays in Yankee Stadium.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/21/10 02:01 AM

It's been a tough week for the Yankees. First they lost Bob Sheppard their long time announcer, and then The Boss, George Steinbrenner.

I'm sorry to just now hearing about George's passing. Had he been sick?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/25/10 06:57 AM

Mark, what exactly are you monitoring for, in our secret/public postings? lol

SB, I heard about Jeter using the recording - a very nice tribute, and even more important to preserve now.

Sounds more and more like Roy Oswalt won't be with the Astros much longer...the Twins, Phillies, and Cardinals are all rumored to be interested. We've given him really poor run support, and I know he deserves better. But if he truly does leave, I'll miss him so! And if he goes to St. Louis, geez, then our games against them will be all the more difficult!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 07/30/10 07:37 PM

Losing Oswalt would be quite the blow to your boys. Sorry to hear that.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/19/10 05:51 PM

FYI - I'm still monitoring, ladies.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/20/10 06:33 PM

FYI - I'm still monitoring, ladies.

panic

wink

How are the ladies doing?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/21/10 01:43 AM

I'm fine, DS. How've you been???

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/25/10 06:22 AM

Yes, how have you been, CS?? I'm good - just started school this week. And SB, I feel like we haven't talked recently!

We won a 16-inning game against the Phillies, which included an appearance by Roy Oswalt in left field! Ryan Howard was ejected for getting angry about two calls on what he thought were checked swings, so I guess whoever that forced into taking first base for him ended up forcing Oswalt to take the field, based on who they had left. When we were at bat, first pitch ended up as a fly out directly to Oswalt, which caused the Phillies fans to erupt in cheers (even got a smile out of Roy), then when he was at bat later, the whole crowd was chanting his name. I had trouble rooting for him to not get a hit.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/25/10 02:35 PM

I just read a summary of that game, Gina. It must have been wild.

I'm doing fine. As usual, work and school are keeping me really busy, so I haven't had much opportunity to enjoy the summer. In any case, the summer quarter is ending this week so I'll have a month before the craziness starts again in the fall quarter.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/29/10 02:59 AM

There were SO many close calls in that Phillies series, and though I think the umpires generally had them right, I know their fans were annoyed! And it turns out my new professor's a Phillies fan, but I went ahead and told him about my loyalty. lol

Wow, so you're doing school throughout all the "seasons," huh? Is that a regional thing, that they start the fall semester later (than here), or is that something specific to graduate school? Just curious. Please take your break time and actually relax, okay? wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/25/10 06:12 AM

I was looking for a unique birthday gift online, for a friend, and I thought of SB when I came across a few Princess Bride t-shirts!
http://www.80stees.com/pages/t-shirts/80s-movie/Princess-Bride-t-shirts.asp

And if they've got those, they've gotta have Blues Brothers!
http://www.80stees.com/pages/t-shirts/80s-movie/Blues-Brothers-t-shirts.asp

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/27/10 09:32 PM

Gina!!! These are the BEST shirts ever! LOVE them. Thanks so much for sharing! How's the semester going for you??

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/02/10 01:02 AM

I seem to remember you telling me that you gave Mr. Babe Blues Brothers boxers, right? lol I have a pair of BB pajama pants, and I wear them around the dorm whenever possible!

The semester's been really good, and it's almost over! I did an internship which I've already finished up with, so I actually don't have much left except for a couple of finals. How are you and the Babes? Looking forward to the holidays?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/02/10 01:26 AM

I got him boxers that had the "It's 106 miles to Chicago..." quote. I also got him a Blues Brothers tie once.

Glad that you're enjoying school. Great that you got an internship! We're all fine. My daughter transferred to a new college this semester and seems happy. My other daughter is just starting to look at colleges. We're getting ready for Christmas with a vengeance.

My daughter and I took a cake decorating class this summer, so we're excited about doing the baking this year!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/20/10 12:58 AM

Good luck to your daughter in the college search! And the cake class sounds AWESOME!! I've actually turned that into a kind of hobby for myself. I make cakes for my friends on their birthdays, and I've taken an increased interest in the designs, which is super stressful but also a lot of fun. I've done the Mad Hatter, the Dark Knight, a pool table, a ping-pong table, the Ferrari logo for my cousin...crazy stuff like that. lol

Do you ever watch the shows like Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss? Buddy (on Cake Boss) has too much of an ego for me, and it always ends up turning to the "reality tv" style, but I love those cakes they do - just incredible!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/20/10 03:03 AM

I know! I'm dying to get my hands on some fondant! Buddy can be such a jerk, but I am addicted to his show. Did you know notice that his brother-in-law Remy is no longer on the show?? He was arrested for having sex with a 14 year old!

If you look at my Facebook page, you'll see cakes we made for my mom and daughter. When my daughter turned 16, we made her a four tier cakes. We decorated it with music notes that we had made out of chocolate. Then, all around the bottom of the cake, we had chocolate acoustic and electric guitars that we had made, along with some more music notes, all chocolate. Then I did a checkerboard cake for my MIL's birthday. Since it was November, I made it orange and white and decorated it with orange and yellow mums I made from buttercream.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/20/10 07:55 AM

Why did I bother sniffing around here? I don't like cake much at all...! and I haven't heard a fart here since August (DB)! lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/20/10 01:51 PM

I love Ace of Cakes of course because they're local. The fist show I watched they did the cake for the inaugural voyage of the Carnival Pride ship, and I had just been on that cruise a couple weeks before. Sadly this will be the last year for Ace of Cakes.

Geoff, just for you I'll have beans tonight.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/20/10 01:56 PM

Beth E, have you caught the new show with Buddy Valastro? It is called The Next Great Baker. It is a reality based show in which several contestants are vying for a job to work at Carlo's Bakery with Buddy. It's on tonight @ 8 or 9.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/20/10 02:04 PM

There are a couple bake-off shows. Not sure if this is the one I saw or not. The one I saw they all had to make a celebration cake, and this one guy, who had immunity, made the worse cake anyone saw. But since he got immunity he was safe. I think one gay guy made a sweet 16 cake. Very gay...not that there's anything wrong with that. haha.

The one Cake Boss I watched they had to make a sweet 16 cake for the baker's daughter. It was Hollywood themed. All I can say is this guy's wife and daughter are the most arrogant obnoxious witches I've seen in a long time. I'd like to smack them both. I think they should both lay off the cake too.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/20/10 02:37 PM

Not a big fan of cake, but I do like brownies.

Can we get some sports talk up in here? tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/20/10 02:40 PM

So professional cooking isn't a sport? smile haha.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/20/10 03:15 PM

Don't get me wrong... I love me some Top Chef, but I would have expected some Jeter pics thrown in there some time. tongue

Speaking of Mr. Jeter, have you girls seen the latest doings of the future Mrs. Jeter? A bit over-the-top for my taste, but... ummmm... not bad. wink tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/20/10 03:47 PM

Speaking of Mr. Jeter, have you girls seen the latest doings of the future Mrs. Jeter?

I don't understand. Future Mrs. Jeter? But that's not me in the video? confused

Beth, that's the right show. I LOVED the Sweet 16 cake that the contestant made. However, I haven't watched another episode because Buddy tried to change the rules and have the guy give up his immunity because his cake was so bad! Um, Buddy, you moron, it's a CONTEST. Why should he give up his immunity??

I have to admire Buddy because he's milking this Cake Boss thing for all it's worth. This fame can't last forever, and he's making hay while the sun's shining. Good for him, and not bad for a guy with a 10th grade education!

Oh, and DS, just for you:

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/20/10 04:33 PM

Don't get me wrong... I love me some Top Chef, but I would have expected some Jeter pics thrown in there some time. tongue

Speaking of Mr. Jeter, have you girls seen the latest doings of the future Mrs. Jeter? A bit over-the-top for my taste, but... ummmm... not bad. wink tongue

It's no wonder why he's smiling...
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/21/10 02:28 PM

Good Lord!!

She would put a smile on most fellas faces tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/28/10 07:28 AM

Look at all these cooties in here! They say they don't care for cake, and yet that seems to be what brought them. tongue

SB, I looked at the photos, and wow, what a wonderful job you did!! Absolutely gorgeous, and must have taken much time and skill. I too would love to work with fondant - it seems to make the designs so "clean."

I'm with Beth - we're gonna just call cake baking/decorating a sport, even though we already have the freedom to discuss just about anything in this thread, it seems. lol

Any of you watch American Pickers? Two guys travel all over, meeting "junk" collectors and bargaining with them on items they can take back to their shop. I'm totally turned off by the Pawn Stars show also on the History channel (beyond the clever nickname...haha), but Frank and Mike on AP have such great personalities, and it's really interesting to see the characters and items they come across.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/28/10 10:52 AM

Warning - more cooties here! American Pickers guys Frank & Mike live & work 1 hour west of me in Iowa. They are sincerely good guys with not one ounce of ego. When they are in their shop they always welcome drop ins and are never too busy to talk to anyone. Great mid western values and personalities! BTW - I love Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes and the new competition show with Cake Boss! Cooties, out!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/29/10 05:19 AM

SB, I looked at the photos, and wow, what a wonderful job you did!! Absolutely gorgeous, and must have taken much time and skill.

OK, my most recent post had a picture of Shirtless Jeter, so I was a bit confused when I read this, until I got to the part about fondant! lol Glad you liked the cakes. I can't tell you how many roses we made and discarded to get the good ones on the cake! I loved the checkerboard cake I made, too, but I don't have a picture of it. I think my husband might, so I have to get one.

My daughter gave me Buddy's book for Christmas! I can't wait to make some of the recipes in it. There's also some neat autobiographical information.

You know what show I hate? DC Cupcakes. I want to smack those two sisters. And although not baking related, I FLOVE TLC's What Not To Wear. Whenever I'm out and about in sweats and sneakers, my daughter will say, "Mom! Stacy and Clinton are filming your secret footage right now!" cry

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/29/10 06:05 AM

WI love Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes and the new competition show with Cake Boss! Cooties, out!

I have a slight problem with this, ...but not with the rest of your post. wink

(I'm just not a fan of sweets in general, but it is amazing what they do! But gimme anything Gorden Ramsay any day! tongue )

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/29/10 07:23 AM

Mark, your cooties are welcome! Especially with your insider info about Mike and Frank. grin That's really so great to hear that, and I can absolutely see how they would be really down-to-earth and fun to be around. I just looked up a bit about them online and read that the two have been friends since 8th grade! I love how passionate Mike is about everything he finds, and it always cracks me up when he gives play-by-play while talking to the camera because he gets so into it.

SB, I'm sure a man such as Jeter did take a lot of time and skill, and he certainly is gorgeous. lol Should've clarified the subject a bit. haha I'd love to try making flowers, but I'm sure I'd require a lot of practice. We have all the icing decoration "bits" that create the different designs (a woman's version of a drill bit, huh?!), so I suppose I could try someday. What a nice idea to get the book - are the recipes all types of food, or cakes/pastries?

I used to get stuck watching the "What Not to Wear" marathons, not really wanting to, and now I usually can't change the channel if I happen to see it on! It's just interesting to see what changes the person goes through emotionally, as they realize how they've held themselves back. I like those especially, when they are able to overcome something about themselves and gain new confidence, rather than just a new wardrobe.

And for an actual Ladies' Thread contribution (though having nothing to do w/sports), I'd like to include this dear fellow...

My parents gave me a DVD set of Hitchcock films, and we watched "The Lady Vanishes" the other day, and after that and a couple of short features, I'm hooked and can't wait to see more. I loved this character played by Michael Redgrave - his great wit and chemistry, and such a cute feisty one!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/29/10 02:16 PM

Gina, What part of Texas do you live at? My SIL and her Son is moving to Austin.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/30/10 03:04 AM

My daughter got this set of 52 decorating tips for Christmas:

We haven't used it yet, though. There are a lot of tips that we didn't learn in class. We have to take Part II to learn more.

What Not To Wear is a favorite. I absolutely LOVE Clinton. I think he's hilarious. I bought my daughter shoes and clothes for her birthday and put Stacy/Clinton notes in the boxes. For her shoes I wrote "Pointy Toe? Kitten Heel? SHUT UP!" and I bought her a leather jacket and wrote, "Nothing is more flattering than a tailored jacket!". lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/30/10 04:32 AM

Wow!! Now that is much more impressive than any toolbox I've ever seen! I say you just start experimenting with them and see what you come up with! grin

My favorite line is "Shut the front door!" I'd always hear my friend/roommate say it, and it cracked me up. We've since watched the show together, and I realized the true source of the line.

Mig, I go to school in Houston, and I used to live a bit north of town, but have since moved with my parents further north. Hope they enjoy it in Austin! Our GBB'er "Ice" lives in the area.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 12/30/10 05:13 AM

We just might. Right now, after all the Christmas cookies, we've OD'd on baking. If I never see another sack of flour again, it might be too soon.

Oh, and to stay on topic - damn! Pitchers and catchers report in less than two months!! whistle

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 01/09/11 07:01 AM

Oh yeahhh, baseball! That's the ticket! whistle Sports in the sports section, huh? How was I supposed to know? lol

Can't wait, though. I turn over the TV to my roommate the entire off-season, so I hope she's ready to watch a lot of baseball come April!

And back off topic again - just have to do it - I thought of you, SB, in regard to your clown feelings. Twice, actually. First, I was outside a few nights ago after a big rainstorm, and I realized that whenever I hear water running through the drains outside, I almost always imagine Pennywise hiding below. Being as it was dark and I was alone out there, I did get a tad scared... lol

Second, I came across this entertaining blog done by a chick horror fan and found that she'd done an entry on why she hates clowns. I think it has the edge over "It" in creepiness:
http://dayofwoman.blogspot.com/2009/09/why-im-afraid-of-clowns.html
eek

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 01/10/11 01:43 AM

Oh. My. God. I would be afraid of cups with glittery marker, sleepovers AND clowns! lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/17/11 02:36 AM

How are the ladies doing?? It's baseball season!

Had to share this great story because it reminds me of Benny from The Sandlot...think he was wearing PF Flyers?
Man Runs on Field During Astros Game, Gets Arrested

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/17/11 03:47 AM

Who are you again?? uhwhat eek

!!! grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/17/11 04:19 AM

Is it not alright for me to check in every few months and act like I've been here the whole time?? lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/17/11 04:33 AM

Let me think about that....

YES! OF COURSE it's all right!! grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/17/11 05:04 AM

Wonderful! How have you been Geoffy? I feel like I have months of catching up to do with you all. (Even though I've been here the whole time. whistle )

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/18/11 03:43 AM

Gina's back! Hooray! You've been missed, as usual. How was school? My daughter missed Dean's List by .02! Her GPA was 3.48 for the semester, thanks to the damn A- her math professor gave her!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/18/11 07:02 PM

Gina! SB! Get Crabby and Mig in here and it's time to party!

JG - I'm in major need of some pitching. Help a brother out?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/19/11 01:54 AM

I LOVE when DS stops in! Hey, pal! How've you been? Unlike JG, for some reason you don't warrant a Cooties Alert.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/19/11 05:04 AM

JG - I'm in major need of some pitching. Help a brother out?

Like *I* can help there??

I LOVE when DS stops in! Hey, pal! How've you been? Unlike JG, for some reason you don't warrant a Cooties Alert.

I'll remember that next time I *fart* ('scuse me!) vacuum your pool -- no thong for you! tongue (Hmm, that's actually a good thing for you lol)

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/19/11 05:46 AM

SB, your daughter will bump her GPA up in no time - and it's already a very good one!! With my usual procrastination, the last few weeks were stressful as always, but I've come to love that end-of-year insanity. lol

CS, Kyle Lohse pitched today. wink Did you and Mrs. CS enjoy the beat-down the Cards gave us? tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/19/11 05:55 AM

Did you and Mrs. CS enjoy the beat-down the Cards gave us? tongue

Just checked the standings... that explains why you're not talking about the 'stros. whistle Sorry ohwell wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/19/11 06:06 AM

Yeah... lol I considered throwing in a whine earlier but figured you'd all heard those enough from me. wink

Btw, I haven't looked at the standings for several weeks - I don't wanna know!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/19/11 06:20 AM

Smart girl! Cuz you don't wanna know... wink 'night smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/19/11 01:54 PM

Haven't been around much lately. I've missed you guys. Just a few updates on what's been keeping me busy:

- My fantasy team has been awful. Can't bear to look at another awful Ubaldo Jimenez stat line. I like the name Ubaldo.

- Graduating in a few weeks from business school. It's been nearly four years doing it in the part-time program and looking back, I think it's been well worth it in terms of growing my network and building my confidence. We'll see how it pans out as an investment.

- Work has been a bit slow, but I've been keeping myself busy by attending more networking events and generally meeting more people. Networking is not a natural talent for me, but I sure am getting a lot more practice lately so hopefully I'm getting better at it.

Gina - I saw a clip of Kyle Lohse the other day pretending to be LaRussa and I thought of you. lol

SB - thanks for the no-cootie-alert! I keep telling JG to get inoculated, but he's strangely proud of his cooties.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/20/11 12:52 AM

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation, DS! You should be very proud. My husband got his MS the same way, and it was a tough and torturous process, but well worth it.

Networking is hard for EVERYone, but you're right. The more you do it, the more at ease you will be in crowds.

Ubaldo IS a great name! The only other name I've heard that comes close is Irma Aklu. I have no idea who poor Irma was, but I saw her obituary in the paper years ago and her name has stuck with me.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/20/11 02:37 PM

Thanks, SB! I've enjoyed my time in school, although I won't miss studying for midterms and finals. lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/24/11 07:07 AM

I have no idea who poor Irma was, but I saw her obituary in the paper years ago and her name has stuck with me.
See this is one of the things I love about the Ladies' Thread - getting to read your hilarious comments, SB!

CS, conga rats (stolen from SC) on your upcoming graduation! I can only imagine how much work you've put into that, and I'm sure it's wonderfully refreshing to almost be done. Your mention of networking reminds me of this new show on Comedy Central called "Workaholics." It has a pretty weird and disgusting style of humor to it (don't judge me for liking it! haha)... but check out the part from 6:50 to 7:25 on this episode - that's about how I expect myself to handle networking. lol

And as soon as I read your post, I rushed to Google the Lohse impersonation; it's so cool that I can count on you for fantasy updates! wink

For a "real" Ladies' Thread contribution, I'll post a video that's been out for awhile, but I was surprised to not find in a GBB search - have we actually not discussed the "Handsome Men's Club"?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/24/11 01:17 PM

Thanks for the rats, Gina! You can always count on me for fantasy updates. tongue I'll make sure to check out that Workaholics show and you can be sure that I'll judge you for liking it. tongue wink

Speaking of fantasy updates, to counter your Jimmy Kimmel video (which I always found hilarious), here was this year's Post-Oscars video:

And the sequel...

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/24/11 08:06 PM

Gi, I have a secret - I love to read the obituaries. I find the names and stories fascinating. And I always try to figure out their cause of death. Usually you can tell by where the family wants the donations to go.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/11 12:24 AM

CS, is that video from your Jessica Alba fantasy collection?? lol It got increasingly creepy, but I'd love to see a goofy commercial like this late at night rather than a real infomercial! Both of them are hilarious - I'd love to make a goofy spoof/"bad" advertisement like these. Late night hosts have all the fun! I really love seeing these kind of clips where the celebs show their sense of humor. John Krasinski was my favorite in the Handsome Men's Club, especially because of his funny facial expressions.

SB, my mom's an obituary reader, too, which I think she got from my grandparents, so I understand!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/28/11 11:23 PM

Workaholics is a great show grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/11 01:43 AM

Hi, Blib! How've you been?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/11 02:43 AM

Hi, Blib! How've you been?

Super busy, but good! How are you? I'm glad to see the regulars still posting away smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 05/30/11 05:45 AM

Blib!! Good to "see" you, man. I did a mini-marathon of Workaholics last night and will have another soon! My favorite is Blake - the bear suit guy...

lol

Btw, happy belated birthday, CS!! I'm sorry I missed it, but I caught it on Facebook. tongue Hope you had an awesome day!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/07/11 12:29 AM

I like the name Ubaldo.
Ubaldo IS a great name!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/14/11 02:36 PM

NO NO NO!!! My man is headed for the DL!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/strained-calf-could-land-jeter-on-dl-510105.html

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/19/11 08:00 PM

Oh no!! And so close to his milestone!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/19/11 09:22 PM

He'll be back and he'll make it. I just know it!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/26/11 03:29 AM

SB, I signed in to FB and realized that I missed your birthday! So sorry for the belated message, but I hope it was a very fun day full of love and joy! That picture of the lava cake made me hungry! lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/26/11 04:59 PM

Gina, need you on facebook more often darling. smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/28/11 04:28 AM

I'll certainly try! More time on FB or here (or anywhere else fun on the Internet) is a fine assignment to take! grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/30/11 08:25 PM

SB, I signed in to FB and realized that I missed your birthday! So sorry for the belated message, but I hope it was a very fun day full of love and joy! That picture of the lava cake made me hungry! lol

Thanks, Gi! The Vampire Lava Cake was AMAZING!!! I fully intended to share, and then ended up eating most of it myself! lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/03/11 04:50 AM

Oh dear. I thought I should show my face here to let it be known there are still Astros fans that have survived this dreadful season. I could deal with the losses. It was pathetic, sure, yet still baseball. But now... all my Astros are leaving! [No, actually, being given away!] Pence and Bourn were such hard-working and classy guys. I'm convinced that PHI and ATL fans are gonna love them. And I'm happy they were able to "escape" to teams where their potential can really shine through. smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/04/11 03:30 PM

Gi, it's nice to see that you're still loyal to your boys. Sorry about what's happened to the team, but hang in there for the rebuilding!

I forgot to stop in here when Jeter hit his 3,000th! What was I thinking?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/06/11 10:39 PM

Thanks, SB! If anything, it's fun to now see all these young guys come in and get their chance.

And hoo-rah for Jeter!!!

Who, me??

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/06/11 11:07 PM

I'm actually starting ahead to thinking of football season. Not having any interest in baseball it seems, although I am watching The Yankees/Red Sox game now, I am focusing on The Ravens. Although they are making me nervous with all the players that left. Gotta keep the faith though. It doesn't help though that opening game, 9/11, I'll be in New York. Since both New York teams games are 4:05 and 8:30, I wonder if their stations will play our game?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/08/11 12:56 AM

Beth, I know I've told you in the past that I've tried to like football and just can't.

Gina, don't know if you get HBO or not, but they had a documentary on Jeter's 3000th hit. It was well done.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/18/11 06:05 AM

Bethie, I'd heard bits and pieces about what's been going on w/the NFL lockout - thought they got it sorted out (which is good to have done before the season starts!), but I take it some players chose not to return?

I'd posted a photo of Jeter in my post above, but it doesn't show up now when I look at it.. which is why my caption seems so out of place. lol

Here's a funny picture I came across that I wanted to share here:

"Hello my name is..." stickers, designed to look like the face of our friend, Inigo Montoya!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 08/18/11 09:21 PM

Nice one, Gi! Are you back at school yet? My daughter starts her clinicals on the 29th, and she's exhausted in advance LOL!

That reminds me of this shirt, which I think you introduced me to!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/05/11 07:20 AM

Hi SB, sorry I'm late.. but hope your daughter's doing well and not too stressed! smile No more school for me - I graduated in May, so my ongoing "homework" assignment now is job hunting.

Love that t-shirt, too. I recently ordered this shirt for my cousin:

It's a reference to a scene in "Reservoir Dogs" since the characters have code names like Mr. Orange and Mr. White, and I thought it was hilarious when I first saw it. Then it came in the mail and I realized that it's going to make very little sense to most of the people who see my cousin in it. lol
Posted By: Fame

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/05/11 07:42 AM

I realized that it's going to make very little sense to most of the people who see my cousin in it. lol

I had to read this twice grin

So Gina...which of the crayons is your cousin? grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/05/11 07:55 AM

Fame!

Haha, do you mean that I was saying he's in the photo? Because now that I think about it, it does sound like that's what I said, when actually I meant wearing it. He's not a crayon, after all. lol

But to answer your question, I'd say he's the orange one, because he likes to quote his part. grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/05/11 08:15 AM

Yeah I know you meant wearing, I was just kidding around grin Listen G, you always find this cool stuff on the net, pics and websites and what not...I say you gotta make a thread in General Disc and update every week with your new findings. It'll be awesome!! wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/05/11 08:37 AM

Ah, but then people would be fed up with me wasting all of their time by luring them into such pro-procrastination traps! lol I like the idea, though.. I'll be sure to keep the GBB updated with my finds. wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/06/11 02:05 AM

Gi is totally awesome, isn't she? Thanks again for posting the best stuff on the web.

However, I was disappointed that you didn't post any reference to DJ's failed romance! The local news anchors were commenting that Jeter and Minka sent out their press release the Friday before Hurricane Irene hit New York, so it got totally lost in the news cycle. They said it showed how media savvy Jeter is.

BTW, have you seen his new Ford Mustang commercial? Much better than the old Ford Edge commercial. Makes you want to buy American....

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/23/11 11:22 PM

Jeter really must be media savvy - I hadn't even heard about his breakup, and that sounds like a very strategic way to make the announcement!

That's a lovely commercial. I can tell you, if I were in advertising, I'd be using that kind of eye candy for all I could manage.. who wouldn't want to buy something that a guy like Jeter is backing? grin

My boys topped 100 losses, so... I guess that's something to be excited about? Franchise record! lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/24/11 07:34 AM

My boys topped 100 losses, so... I guess that's something to be excited about? Franchise record! lol

Thanks for making me laugh and sad at the same time haha

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/24/11 05:24 PM

Gi, I have to tell you, we were on vacation and rented a Mustang. The car sucks - crappy gas mileage and terrible handling. LOL Our next time, we rented a Dodge Charger. WAY better!

Sorry about your guys. There's always next season!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/24/11 05:33 PM

That Ford commercial is on constantly. My 82 year old father was over last week and he was absentmindedly singing along with Jay Z. I swear to God. It just got in his head because it's on so much.

Now if you've never seen an 82 year old Italian guy singing "Statue of Liberty, long live the King, y'all," you haven't lived lol.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 10/01/11 09:45 PM

Thanks for making me laugh and sad at the same time haha
This is how I've felt all season! lol

PB, I'd love to hear your father doing his unintentional Jay-Z impression! That sounds hilarious.

I went to the final game with my friend, and since we had to get cheap seats anyway, we decided to choose the absolute highest point in the park, in the section on the very edge. This was our view:

So I guess that's a conversation piece.. that we survived a pretty terrifying set of seats. haha

The game was against the Cards, so their victory (and the Braves' eventual loss) was what sent them to the playoffs. I never liked spoiler teams in past years, back when we had a chance at the postseason, so I didn't really like the idea of our guys playing that part.. but Cardinal fans basically overran our stadium that night! It's usually kind of dead around there on a normal game day, but there was a lot of energy and noise going on, all thanks to the visiting team.

Here's a sample of how loud they were:
Astros stadium comes alive!
First part is after (former Astro) Berkman got a hit, and second part is the end of the game. Excuse my ridiculous zooming. grin

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 10/02/11 12:36 AM

You may not have liked being part of a spoiler team, but you were at a baseball semi-historic game there!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 10/25/11 02:09 AM

Blib, I just want to say, man to man (in the ladies thread), that it's a real shame you no longer post in the other sections like you used to. I miss your funny threads in General Disc.

Gina, nice pic...how was your fowl dinner? wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/25/11 10:57 PM

Fame, reading that comment the day after Thanksgiving made me think you were asking how the turkey was.. rather than the trash talk you were actually giving me for being beaten by the Red Birds. lol

Count me in on missing Blib's comedic presence - and that's coming from a lady in the Ladies' Thread, so it should really count for something. tongue haha

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/28/11 02:38 AM

Forgive my intrusion into the gender specific environs of these precincts, but I have a question for you ladies.

Both in the GF novel and film Vito refers to "even women" (prostitutes) as a commodity along with gambling and liquor. Now, I figure that none of you are that type of female, but how do you feel about being (by virtue of the fact that you are women) classified and quanitifed as simply utilitarian beings?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/28/11 05:06 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
..."even women" (prostitutes)...

He was talking about rings... gambling rings... drug rings... even women (prostitution) rings. He wasn't talking about all women, of course. Men can be prostitutes, too, by the way. Had he (well, Puzo and/or Coppola's character) said "men" I wouldn't be up in arms over it -- I think it's obvious what they were referring to. But let's see if any proper BB women have an opinion on it...

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/28/11 05:06 AM

Oh yeah... the Ladies' Thread... sorry gotta whistle wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/28/11 09:47 PM

If a woman is willing to trade sex for money, then she is a commodity. So, what's the objection??

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/29/11 06:59 PM

Well, Vito used the word "women", not prostitutes. In the novel he tells Connie that "she never gave me reason to" in response to Connie's question about his ever hitting her mother. Thus, he considered that there were, indeed, reasons that he would hit her. Also in the novel he states that women are not competent in this world. Thus, his appraisal of women seems to be that women are useful and have their place. I would think that many women today would take umbrage at such an appraisal.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/29/11 11:28 PM

Meh. It was generational. People had different attitudes about a lot of things just a few generations ago.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/29/11 11:44 PM

Well, look at me. I'm all in the sports section and stuff!! lol

Yea, attitudes have definitely changed that's for sure. Thank goodness. I was of the time of the women's lib movement, though I never did burn my bra. lol

TIS

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/30/11 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Well, look at me. I'm all in the sports section and stuff!! lol

eek uhwhat wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/30/11 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Well, look at me. I'm all in the sports section and stuff!!

Someone must've mentioned the buffet table here.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 11/30/11 06:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Fame
Blib, I just want to say, man to man (in the ladies thread), that it's a real shame you no longer post in the other sections like you used to. I miss your funny threads in General Disc.

I'm way late here, but thank you Fame smile That makes me feel good. I just have very little time these days and I find myself in the sports section thanks to these fantasy games. I blame JG and DB for keeping me here at all tongue

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 01/27/12 03:56 AM

Hello ladies! (And farting gents. tongue ) How's everyone?

So our new Astros owner, Jim Crane, apparently wants to get fans back on their side after all the miserable games we've witnessed - and the way to our hearts is through our stomachs, so he's discounting beer to $5 and allowing fans to bring food and water into the stadium. lol Also, some of the ticket prices are being dropped, which has definitely boosted my spirits about wanting to attend upcoming games. Yeah, it's probably a desperate way to increase ticket sales, but it's also nice to actually get an incentive as a fan; I've never witnessed (or remembered) major price reductions on tickets, so it's kind of a big deal. haha

But the crazy part is that there's talk about a team name change, when they make the AL move in 2013. rolleyes

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 01/27/12 04:13 AM

Hello ladies! (And farting gents. tongue )

Hi gina!

Congratulations to you as a long standing fan of your team. It's time for you to start getting some benefit from all that time.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 01/27/12 08:17 AM

Thanks, SC! As long as I can cash in that time "served" for a few more wins this season. grin

I watched "Moneyball" recently, and it got me really pumped up for baseball... can't wait! Have you seen the movie?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/16/12 01:12 AM

Thanks, SC! As long as I can cash in that time "served" for a few more wins this season. grin

I watched "Moneyball" recently, and it got me really pumped up for baseball... can't wait! Have you seen the movie?

Hi, girls! Just thought I would trespass and spread some hairy man cooties! Gotta agree with Gina - I am getting excited for the MLB season to get started! BTW - I liked "Moneyball" as well. "Play ball!"

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/16/12 09:19 PM

UGH! Cooties! I need a shower!

I watched Moneyball and thought it was simply OK. When I think of baseball movies, I think of "The Natural", "Field of Dreams" and "Pride of the Yankees", even "Bull Durham". I know that the movie was about statistics and a new way of team-building, but I found it strangely without passion.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/16/12 10:24 PM

"Field of Dreams" is my #1. Love that movie!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/19/12 11:30 PM

No sex necessary: Women have orgasms at the gym, study shows
By Jeanna Bryner, LiveScience

Women may not need a guy, a vibrator, or any other direct sexual stimulation to have an orgasm, finds a new study on exercise-induced orgasms and sexual pleasure. The findings add qualitative and quantitative data to a field that has been largely unstudied, according to researcher Debby Herbenick, co-director of the Center for Sexual Health Promotion at Indiana University. For instance, Alfred Kinsey and his colleagues first reported the phenomenon in 1953, saying that about 5 percent of women they had interviewed mentioned orgasm linked to physical exercise. However, they couldn't know the actual prevalence because most of these women volunteered the information without being directly asked.

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/...gym-study-shows

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/20/12 01:25 PM

Gives a whole new meaning to "doing the elliptical" now, doesn't it?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/29/12 01:35 AM

Is that supposed to make us want to exercise? lol

Mark, your cooties don't appear to be contagious, so I'm glad you stopped by. tongue

I can see how Moneyball doesn't have the same emotional factor that a movie like Field of Dreams does, and maybe that is because it's so focused on the technical side of it. I enjoyed Jonah Hill's role though, as I've liked him since Superbad, and it was fun just seeing the story in the book actually come to life.

SB, I came across a t-shirt that I will definitely NOT be buying you. Want to see it? wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/29/12 01:41 AM

SB, I came across a t-shirt that I will definitely NOT be buying you. Want to see it? wink

Oh, Gina, what did I do to make you treat me so disrespectfully. cry

Getting ready for baseball season?? I'm getting a bit impatient now.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/30/12 12:08 AM

I can't help it! I just always think of you when I see that crazy clown! lol

I am SO ready for baseball season. I've been watching a bunch of Rockets games just to get my sports fill, and it's finally almost time for the real season to begin. smile

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/31/12 01:36 AM

We've been DVRing the spring training games from the YES channel. The team looks to be in good shape, but who knows. And did you hear about Joba's freak injury?? He not only dislocated his ankle jumping on a trampoline, but then the bone broke through the skin and he almost bled to death!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/07/12 05:21 AM

Oh man, that sounds horrible - makes me cringe just to think of it. Baseball guys always seem to have the craziest injuries!

We lost our first one, but Carlos Lee got 2 RBIs, so I'm good... it's a long season, after all. (Although that is what I told myself last season. lol )

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/07/12 05:37 PM

it's a long season, after all. (Although that is what I told myself last season. lol )

As long as it's a good long season and not a "Oh man, this season is never going to end so we can draft and try to get free agents in the offseason" long. smile

You've probably commented already, but how do you feel about the Astros being in the AL now? I'm not a Houston fan, but it feels weird to me even.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/09/12 02:20 AM

Yeah, it came out of nowhere, and the general view I've heard from others seems to be them taking offense to it. If anything, it'll be interesting as a fan getting to see "new" teams and making the switch to a DH, but it seemed like we got forced into the deal just because we were changing ownership. We get no respect! lol

We won't make the switch til next season, but I find it funny that both Pujols and Fielder are in the AL now, and we'll be following them over.. like we need more playing time against those sluggers.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/26/12 10:59 PM

Wishing a certain someone a happy birthday...

(And figuring I'll lure in a certain somebody else to post - who happens to be his biggest fan. wink )

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/12 01:21 AM

Gina, I'll be going to a 4th of July barbecue where there's always a DJ. I plan to do a little bit of dancing, so can you redirect me, if possible, to the YouTube videos of your dad dancing. I mostly need to brush up on the "can opener."

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/12 02:34 AM

Kly, I just had to pass on your message to my dad, and I wish you could've seen his eyes light up in excitement about there still being interest from his "fan club"! lol

And I'm more than happy to share his clips:
The Original
"Cookin and Cooking" - Part 1/2
"Cookin and Cooking" - Part 2/2

I'll be checking here on July 5th to see if there's a video of you doing the Can Opener! wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/12 03:33 AM

Gina, any video of me dancing will be more bizarre than any of the episodes on the Fourth of July Twilight Zone Marathon.

But thank your dad for me. He's inspiring. The eye brow dance was the cherry on the sundae.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/12 03:37 AM

Gi, thanks for the pic! And thanks for remembering! xxooxx

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/12 04:14 AM

Kly, I think you're just being shy. tongue After all, everyone that came over to our house during his Josephenator phase was forced to show off their moves, and I highly doubt any could be worse than mine. lol (P.S. Can't wait for the marathon!)

SB, I came across that photo today, and it was far too dazzling not to share with you!
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/12 04:17 AM

The Ladies Thread .... Ladies and Gentlemen ....

Without naming the dating site...I'd like to know peoples opinions on whether or not these dating sites use "Shill" Girls I'm not talking about all the sleazy ones, one of the major ones that advertise on tv...Is this illegal or just unethical???

I know its a bit off topic, but just like casinos give shill guys moneyif thats what they call them house money to play to entice people couldn't you see this strategy used in all aspects of business

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/12 06:59 AM

You're right, DickNose... totally off-topic and irrelevant to this long-standing thread. And not the first time, if I remember correctly...

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/12 04:45 PM

totally off-topic and irrelevant to this long-standing thread. And not the first time, if I remember correctly...
Not the first time for DickNose or for this thread to be off-topic and irrelevant? Because we're rarely on topic around here, huh? grin Though I don't think anyone's ever discussed the issue he brought up. lol
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/27/12 05:09 PM

[/quote]

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/30/12 02:37 AM

She's only 11, but she struck out 19 boys!

http://now.msn.com/now-plus/0629-girl-fans-19.aspx

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/30/12 03:27 AM

Good for her.That's an amazing accomplishment. She struck out 19 in a 6 inning game, which is usually 18 outs. The article states she faced an extra batter because a batter reached after striking out on a pitch that got past the catcher.

Little League must have changed the rule because just recently at that age batters could not advance on dropped strikeouts.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/30/12 07:10 PM

OK, why are all these boys in the Ladies thread, sprinkling their cooties around like so much pixie dust???

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/30/12 07:59 PM

OK, why are all these boys in the Ladies thread, sprinkling their cooties around like so much pixie dust???

Were lookin for broads.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 06/30/12 08:20 PM

With the exception of Gina, Lord knows you won't find too many ladies here. wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 02/02/13 05:26 PM

It's been WAY too long since this thread was used, so I thought it could use some attention!

SB, thanks for the sweet message in my post thread - I just now caught up to it and got a good giggle out of your Jeter picture. I saw this FB post by the Astros which made me think of you:

I got butterflies when I saw this!

Unfortunately, we have this ridiculous thing going on with the cable companies in our area where the Astros/Rockets station is only available on Comcast, so unless you have their service, you can't see the games. I'm really hoping it gets resolved before April!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 02/03/13 07:55 PM

It HAS been way too long! And it's about damn time we brought it up to date!

The cable thing happened with us a few years ago with the YES channel, which broadcasts the Yankee games. There's never been a fight over airing the Mets, though, mostly because not too many people care. whistle

Gi, looking forward to pitchers and catchers and Jeter, although I think he's still rehabbing his ankle. The good news is that ARod may be permanently disabled (good for the Yankees anyway) amid news that someone from a private clinic went to his home in Miami to personally inject him with performance-enhancing drugs.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 02/08/13 02:49 AM

Did your cable issue get resolved pretty quickly? I can see the Yanks being in much higher demand than the Astros - but still, with our move to the AL, it's supposed to be a "big" year for the fans so I can't believe they've let it run on this long.

Ugh, this steroid mess is just too much. It was disappointing to see Biggio get turned down on his HOF vote, and a lot of people seemed to think it was because the others up for the ballot were all linked with steroid use, so it was supposed to be some kind of middle finger by the voters to the whole thing... Bagwell has had connections with it, but Biggio's got a clean record as far as I understand, so it's a shame.

I should be up to date on Yankee news this season because I've got a coworker from Jersey who's a fan! (He's been having an Italian rivalry with my dad, with me as the middleman, as they try to prove who's more authentic Italian. lol)
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 02/08/13 04:09 AM

I am pissed Bagwell, Biggio, and Piazza didnt get into the HOF!.
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 02/08/13 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
I am pissed Bagwell, Biggio, and Piazza didnt get into the HOF!.

It's unfortunate those three missed it for sure, my sense after reading the voters opinions is they are sending a message to ALL PLAYERS if we think you were juicing we're going to assume you were! It's also sad that if a football player is caught people yawn, baseball being a statistical driven endeavor its much more scrutinized.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 02/08/13 06:13 PM

EEEKKKK! What are you BOYS doing here in the Ladies Thread? Cooties Alert! Cooties Alert!

Yes, eventually the cable company caved when people started switching to the Dish Network so they could watch their games. We didn't, because our internet was tied to cable, but it was a miserable spring until they finally started carrying the YES network.

Gi, tell your coworker I said, "Yo! What exit?" lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 02/08/13 06:39 PM

...and Jeter, although I think he's still rehabbing his ankle.

Jeter said he plans to be back Opening Day. I was hoping to catch him rehabbing in Trenton, though. Okay, bye! whistle

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 02/08/13 07:18 PM

...and Jeter, although I think he's still rehabbing his ankle.

Jeter said he plans to be back Opening Day. I was hoping to catch him rehabbing in Trenton, though. Okay, bye! whistle

Although normally we don't like men to pop in and out too quickly, in this thread, it's OK. whistle

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 02/10/13 09:17 AM

It was disappointing to see Biggio get turned down on his HOF vote

Don't worry, he'll get in. This is the backwards thinking of Hall of Fame voters. He's a Hall of Famer, but voters like to take their time voting people in. I think it gives them a sense of power to keep people out for a few years. Even though from now until whenever he gets in, he won't have played a single game to improve his stats, so... I don't get why he will suddenly be a Hall of Famer in a year or two, but not now. Someone needs to take a switch to these voters.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/02/13 05:54 AM

Gi, tell your coworker I said, "Yo! What exit?"
lol Also I need to tell him about the GBB - this guy is a Robert DeNiro lookalike!

Geoff, you're really welcome longer than just an "Okay, bye!" tongue Just don't pass along those cooties, and we should be alright.

Blib! I have the same confusion about that, how they'll vote in someone a year or two later when nothing's changed for their actual baseball performance. Oh well, the fans know who to give credit to.. we don't need them to tell us!

So which of you AL fans are gonna come see their team play in Houston? I'll come see you at the ballpark and we can watch my guys lose. wink

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/09/13 02:00 AM

Mariano Rivera is expected to announce that this will be his last season as the Yankee's closer. I can't imagine the team without him.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/17/13 12:24 AM

Talk about leaving behind a huge empty spot on a team and in the hearts of the fans.. I know the feeling from seeing Biggio retire, and it's very bittersweet. It's a beautiful thing that I think transcends any team loyalties to see such a good player who's been so dedicated to a team and the game as a whole, and anyone can respect how hard it must be to say goodbye.

Incidentally, I was up late watching (and crying over blush ) a collection of Youtube videos that involve "happy crowds": http://www.reddit.com/r/happycrowds
And I came across this clip of Reggie Miller's last game...

I'm not much at all knowledgeable about him as a player, but I guess it's just a universal feeling to get emotional about stuff like this.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/17/13 02:05 AM

Why don't women play baseball?

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/17/13 02:09 AM

Because we cry... and there's no crying in baseball!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/17/13 02:10 AM

Because we cry... and there's no crying in baseball!

lol lol

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/17/13 07:58 PM

Gi, April 29th, Houston plays the Yankees!! I just want you to know that our enduring friendship will allow me to still hope that my guy's kick the asses of your guys!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/18/13 01:36 AM

lol And you should know that I'm hoping against hope for a miracle season powered by nothing other than our new (and blinding) blue and orange uniforms!

By the way, I'm totally blaming your guys and all the other big-time teams because they've decided to enact "dynamic pricing" at our stadium - which is a nice way of saying that they're charging more for when good rivals come to play us. Opening Day tickets are three times as much as they were last year, for crow's nest seats!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/18/13 01:49 AM

It's disgusting, isn't it?? Although the new stadium was built a few years ago, we haven't gone to a game yet. It's too damn expensive. We just watch them on TV.

My husband used to get invited to games all the time, or get free tickets. Then his company started a new "no gift" policy and he has to turn them down (even if he goes to lunch with someone, he has to ask for a separate check and pay for his own food). He was handed four tickets to amazing box seats for the Red Sox game last year, and had to give them back. Totally blows.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/18/13 04:25 AM

OMG, tell Mr. Babe he gets a free pass for taking the moral high road so many times - get those tickets!! That must be so difficult to turn down!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 03/18/13 09:03 PM

I know! Luckily, my new job has no such rules. Unluckily, nobody gives us anything for free, either! LOL

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 04/04/13 02:34 AM

lol Right?

A lady at work got free tickets, offered them to me since I'm the resident fan, and - trying to be polite - I told her she should go with her family. So she is. (D'oh!)

I figured this was too off-topic for the MLB thread, but this guy's videos are hilarious:

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/22/13 03:11 AM

Hi SB!

Apologies in advance for a terrible way of greeting you, but did you hear about... THIS?!

The main picture's up top, but the comments below are hilarious!

I went to a game this past Wednesday, and it ended in an extra-innings loss. I stayed and suffered with my friends because we couldn't bring ourselves to desert them but it was like a graveyard in there. It was soooo quiet (how quiet was it??)... that our left-fielder who was stationed below us sneezed, my friend told him "bless you," and he waved to say thanks. lol

My Yankee fan coworker has tickets for the last two games of the season so he can see Mo pitch his last (regular season) games. Should be exciting!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/22/13 04:36 AM

I never got to see Mo pitch live. Any games I was lucky enough to attend, there was never a save situation. I would have loved to see him, but no such luck. I'm guessing he'll be in Cooperstown soon, though.

As a baseball fan, you really should get up there one of these days. The HoF is a really incredible experience.

Glad you stuck by your boys, Gi. You are what being a fan is all about.

(Notice I did NOT mention anything about a clown)

Miss seeing you around and glad you're back!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/27/13 01:52 AM

I would love to see Cooperstown someday, along with doing a stadium tour around the country... that'd be a fun trip! I heard from my coworker that Mo might be playing center field?! Hope we get to see that!

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/28/13 03:56 AM

So, they went with Robertson for the close instead of Mo tonight. Too bad.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/28/13 08:33 AM

My coworker was telling me that the appearance in NY would be his last? So he was disappointed he wouldn't get to see him pitch at the games he's going to in Houston, but we agreed it was nice he got to finish up at home instead of on the road. I watched the clip today of Pettitte and Jeter meeting him on the mound - so emotional! Sometimes there IS crying in baseball.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/28/13 10:15 AM

I heard from my coworker that Mo might be playing center field?! Hope we get to see that!

He's supposed to play center in today's (Saturday) game. And then come in to pitch in the 8th or 9th inning.

The Yanks had another outfielder/pitcher back some years ago. His name ..... Babe Ruth. shhh
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/28/13 01:32 PM

My coworker was telling me that the appearance in NY would be his last? So he was disappointed he wouldn't get to see him pitch at the games he's going to in Houston, but we agreed it was nice he got to finish up at home instead of on the road. I watched the clip today of Pettitte and Jeter meeting him on the mound - so emotional! Sometimes there IS crying in baseball.

I shed a tear also...these guys use to be hero's now they're bums.

Re: The Ladies' Thread, Part II - 09/28/13 07:39 PM

Gi, I hope your friend gets to see him. Like I said, I never had the opportunity. However, I was able to score one of the special commemorative shirts at Modell's, one for me, the hubby and picked one up for my brother. The shirts had been sold out, even on the store website, but the guy showed me where they had some stashed in the back.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET