Home

College Football 2007

Posted By: Don Andrew

College Football 2007 - 09/03/07 03:16 PM

It's back...ahh that wonderful sport.

Some general comments on Saturday -

Michigan...wow. Lloyd Carr is pretty much closing up shop.
Notre Dame...
Cal looks like the real deal.

Tonight's Clemson-FSU game should be a pretty good one I'd say.
Posted By: Ice

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/03/07 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Andrew

Notre Dame...

Yeah, I'd like everyone to know that I'm OFFICIALLY off of the Charlie Weis band-wagon.
Posted By: ap_capone48101

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/03/07 06:00 PM

Yeah, I've been pretty much been wanting to punch Carr in the face non stop since the loss Saturday.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/03/07 08:06 PM

Well, Cal should be #3 right now. They out-ran the 'world-famous' Volunteer sprinters. When you combine that kind of speed w/ Jeff Tedford play calling--Woo! \:p

And as far as I'm concerned, the Big-10 is officially ELIMINATED from all national title chances. Both they and the Big-12 lack a 'dominant' team this yr. It's all about the Pac-10* and Sec.

*I.e-Cal or USC

Posted By: goombah

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/03/07 10:05 PM

As an Ohio State fan, I am thoroughly embarrassed by the schedule that Tressel and his staff devised this year. If they want to get better, they need to schedule tougher opponents to compete with the PAC-10 and SEC conferences.

I can do nothing but laugh hysterically at the outcome of the Appalachian State/Michigan game. \:D All the hype surrounding Michigan being a supposed national title contender and they lose their first frigging game. Let be me the first to cast my vote: Lloyd Carr deserves a lifetime extension to bungle the Wolverines.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/03/07 10:22 PM

Forget it being the first game...they're on the losing end of the worst upset EVER. That's something to ride them on forever methinks.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/03/07 10:34 PM

Forget it being the first game...they're on the losing end of the worst upset EVER. That's something to ride them on forever methinks.
Or the fact that we have the most wins and best win % in all the land.

I'm still pissed. And that we have Oregon next week who also have a QB that can run. Could very easily be 0-2.
Posted By: Don Alessandrio

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/04/07 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: goombah
As an Ohio State fan, I am thoroughly embarrassed by the schedule that Tressel and his staff devised this year. If they want to get better, they need to schedule tougher opponents to compete with the PAC-10 and SEC conferences.

I can do nothing but laugh hysterically at the outcome of the Appalachian State/Michigan game. \:D All the hype surrounding Michigan being a supposed national title contender and they lose their first frigging game. Let be me the first to cast my vote: Lloyd Carr deserves a lifetime extension to bungle the Wolverines.

I hope you are aware that the schedule is completed 3 to 4 years ahead of time. Also in the next 4 years the Bucks have a home and home series with USC and Miami(FL)and I am not sure if it was inked yet but a home and home with VA Tech was in the works as well. This after just having a series with Texas. OSU wil always play MAC schools becuase the Big Ten has a contract with the MAC. True they don't need to play 2 in the same year but I think OSU is doing a fine job in scheduling tough non- conference opponents. This year is not as great as years to come but it wil lbe exciting next year I promise.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/04/07 01:14 AM

Umm...Florida State...wow. They look horrendous. Completely unprepared and they are just being ambushed. I guess the changes over there really didn't have much of an effect.

We're rivals, but I feel for them. They're basically stuck with Boobie, who doesn't even look like he cares.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/04/07 02:44 AM

FSU...
Posted By: Longneck

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/04/07 06:38 AM

Go Purdue!

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/04/07 12:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Alessandrio

I hope you are aware that the schedule is completed 3 to 4 years ahead of time. Also in the next 4 years the Bucks have a home and home series with USC and Miami(FL)and I am not sure if it was inked yet but a home and home with VA Tech was in the works as well. This after just having a series with Texas. OSU wil always play MAC schools becuase the Big Ten has a contract with the MAC. True they don't need to play 2 in the same year but I think OSU is doing a fine job in scheduling tough non- conference opponents. This year is not as great as years to come but it wil lbe exciting next year I promise.

Yes I knew schedules were done in advance, but I didn't realize that it was 3-4 years out. I knew it was not a direct reaction to last year and the players lost, but I still think it's a lame set of opponents for most of this year. I knew about USC starting next year, but was unaware of Miami and Va Tech. Thanks for the info!

I still am of the opinion that OSU's schedule last year, outside of Texas and Michigan, contributed to their not being ready for a quality SEC opponent in a bowl game. I think the USC games for '08 & '09 will be good measuring sticks.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/04/07 04:00 PM

It would be great if OSU didn't have to play Northwestern, Illinois, or Indiana. I would love to see OSU play a top 5 SEC team, a top Big East (Louisville or West VA pretty much) and either Texas, Oklahoma, ND, or FSU every year. Even if OSU went 9-3 it would be great football to watch.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/04/07 08:46 PM

Amen Don Alessandrio. I would love for Ohio State to kick the crap out of Notre Dame every year. Maybe ND can add OSU to the schedule since the Irish are stopping the USC rivlary (or maybe it's Michigan - one of the two).

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/04/07 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12
FSU...

I know, they looked really bad.

But, don't you have any words on your beloved Fighting () Irish getting raped this Saturday? They looked so poor I think even the Commander-in-Chief's trophy might be in jeopardy!

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/04/07 11:29 PM

Amen Don Alessandrio. I would love for Ohio State to kick the crap out of Notre Dame every year. Maybe ND can add OSU to the schedule since the Irish are stopping the USC rivlary (or maybe it's Michigan - one of the two).
UM and ND signed a few weeks ago new contracts were they are going to play at least till 2031 or something crazy like that.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/05/07 12:13 AM

FSU...

I know, they looked really bad.

But, don't you have any words on your beloved Fighting () Irish getting raped this Saturday? They looked so poor I think even the Commander-in-Chief's trophy might be in jeopardy!

I heard a funny thing on the Fox Sports radio this morning. The host said he heard that Touchdown Jesus will be renamed to Field Goal Jesus in honor of ND's horrific offensive showing last Saturday.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/05/07 11:04 PM

I give the Bucks props for playing USC, of course. But, most teams are playing tougher non-conf. schedules these days--even the poor ole' Texas Aggies are visiting Miami this yr, and they hardly EVER leave the state.

This week's list of non-conf games is INSANE:

*South Florida @ Auburn - Herbstreit has the Tigers on upset-alert.

*Boise St @ Washington - Huskies looked good in the Carrier Dome last week. I don't know who to take.

*Notre Dame @ Penn State - Freshman PHENOM () Rick Clausen, gets his first start and a chance to save Jesus.

*V.Tech @ L.S.U - Bengals win close.

*T.C.U @ Texas - Someone's feeling a LITTLE apprehensive bout this one.. \:\/

*Miami @ Oklahoma - You should NEVER invite the Canes into your house.

*Oregon @ Michigan - A LOT on the line. You DON'T want to visit Ann Arbor against an 0-1 Michigan squad.

*Nebraska @ Wake Forest - Huskers, baby.

*California @ Colorado State - You DON'T walk into Fort Collins and send the Rams to 0-2.

*South Mississippi @ Tennessee - Vols are on SERIOUS upset-alert.

*Fresno State @ Texas A&M - Go Dawgs!!!

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/05/07 11:49 PM

I'm not too confident in the 'Canes on saturday, but we'll see. I won't say they don't have a chance, because there's always a chance.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/06/07 07:20 PM

Appalachian State's win makes new friends in Columbus

Here is a very popular item in the Ohio area: Michigan shirt

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/08/07 05:19 PM

We are getting manhandled with a capital 'M'. Not really surprising, but damn we should've at least shown up.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/08/07 07:38 PM

Canes get waxed. Too much bullshit lollygagging for me to explain.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/08/07 10:03 PM

Oregon 32, Michigan 7 with 7:00 in the 3rd quarter. Are you kidding me? That fake statue of liberty play was a thing of beauty.

It's going to be a sad day for Buckeye fans when Carr gets whacked.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/09/07 12:25 AM

Seiously, the whole coaching staff at UM needs to be fired now. I mean English, do you and the other D coaches even watch game film during the week? Was so terrible. Only Carr could f-up this team with so much talent on O.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/09/07 01:28 PM

Notre Dame put up 13 points in two games. \:o I guess Weis isn't the "genius" he was dubbed to be - somehow I see Ty Willingham laughing to himself. In fairness, I think it's becoming evident at how good Quinn was and that he was their only legit offensive weapon last year. He covered for their other deficiencies.

Something has got to give next weekend - Michigan vs. ND. According to Carr, QB Chad Henne will not play. Michigan has too much other talent at RB and WR to not win this one. I think the state would burn down the stadium if Michigan lost three in a row at home.

At least we won't have to watch ND get embarrassed in another BCS bowl game this year.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/09/07 09:16 PM

Well Purdue has won 2 easy games. Wooo 2-0!
Posted By: klydon1

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/12/07 01:58 AM

I went to the PSU-ND game this weekend. I'm not too worried about ND and think Weis will turn things around. He's only had two recruiting classes (he didn't sign on with the Irish until after the recruiting was completed in his first year). There isn't a lot of offensive talent there now, and he lost a lot more than Quinn from last year.

Also, while ND hasn't played well this year, Georgia Tech and PSU are very good teams. While the Big 10 is certainly declining fast as a conference, PSU has one hell of a defense. Paterno still gets the most out of those linebackers at "Linebacker U."

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/15/07 11:13 PM

Finally get a win. 38-0. ND sucks. Mallet had a pretty good game and Mike Hart is just a beast.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/16/07 12:03 AM

What a win by Rutgers..59-0! Who cares if it was over Norfolk State.

#11 UCLA is about to lose...#6 Texas only won by 3 over UCF (not that it really matters overall)...I think Rutgers has a chance of moving into 10th next week.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/16/07 12:10 AM

Canes get waxed. Too much bullshit lollygagging for me to explain.

As a Big Oklahoma Sooners fan that was a fantastic game, plus as an added bonus A co-worker & I made a bet. If Oklahoma had lost that game I would've had to wear a Miami Hurricanes t-shirt to wrk on a Friday before an O.U. game. Every friday before an O.U. game I always wear a Sooners t-shirt/cap to work

But since Oklahoma won he has to wear a Sooners t-shirt to work on a Friday before a Nebraska(we both live in Nebraska)game.

And he hates the Sooners.

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/29/07 09:42 PM

Notre Dame:

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/29/07 10:45 PM

5-0 Purdue.

Now if only we can be Ohio State...
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/30/07 06:19 AM

WTF?? Kansas State over Texas -- by 20 points?? \:o \:\/
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/30/07 01:54 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Re: College Football 2007 - 09/30/07 02:38 PM

Now now Notre Dame fan...I think you should go sit in the corner.

I know you're still hung up on all those titles from the FDR era, but 0-5 isn't going to cut it in modern college football, sorry. \:\)
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/08/07 10:36 PM

Illinois with a better record than the Chicago Bears in October? WOW!

I was excited by all of the undefeated non-traditional football powers this season: Hawaii, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Rutgers, Boise State, SOUTH FLORIDA! Slowly, the list dwindles diminishing the chances of one of these teams getting a shot at a national championship. I keep hoping for a BCS Championship involving one of these types of teams. Louisville had a chance last year but lost to Rutgers late in the season. Boise State was last year's lone unbeaten team but not ranked high enough for a shot at a BCS title. South Florida, at #5 in both polls this week, currently looks like this year's Cinderella...but with Rutgers, Cincinnati, and Louisville on their remaining schedule, they have a tough road ahead of them.

Do these teams DESERVE a shot at a national championship? Are they truly the best team in the land?

tony b.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/14/07 04:47 PM

It certainly looks like whoever will be playing for the title this year will have 1 loss. I wonder when the last time that happened where two teams battling for #1 both had one loss.

I'll go on record right now that Ohio State will lose at least once (and probably twice, including to Michigan) is only going to the top of the polls by default.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/14/07 05:25 PM

It certainly looks like whoever will be playing for the title this year will have 1 loss. I wonder when the last time that happened where two teams battling for #1 both had one loss.

I'll go on record right now that Ohio State will lose at least once (and probably twice, including to Michigan) is only going to the top of the polls by default.

Just curious. Why do you think Michigan will beat Ohio State?

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/14/07 06:21 PM

For several reasons: 1) Hart is having an amazing year at RB, 2) a win could be to save Lloyd Carr's job and he is supported by his players, 3) so the season will not be a total loss for Michigan, given the lofty expectations at the beginning of the season and Michigan's numbing two losses, 4) Ohio State, despite being undefeated to this point, is nowhere near as good as they were last season.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/16/07 01:04 AM

Goombah you are breaking my heart. Why you doubting the Bucks so soon? I am going to have to question your Buckeye fanhood if you are saying they are going to lose to Michigan. Never go against the family again. \:\)

The Bucks will beat Michigan because Hart while having a great season will be banged up yet again by the time the game comes because he is Michigans only reliable player.

Second taking out the ND game, since they are just pathetic, Michigan is averaging 27 points a game while allowing 23.5. This is against Eastern Michigan, Northwestern, App St. This is just not good enough.

I mean Michigan was only able to score 28 points on NOrthwestern and OSU put up 58. And Michigans last 2 touchdowns were set up because the Wildcats turned the ball over inside their own 40.

And as long as Loydd Carr is on the opposite sideline of Tressel OSU will always have a better chance of winning.

I'll go on record as of October 15th, 2007 at 9:04 that Michigan still sucks

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/17/07 08:36 PM

I'm going to the Rutgers vs USF game tomorrow night \:\)

Lets hope its like Louisville!!!

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/17/07 08:57 PM

Goombah you are breaking my heart. Why you doubting the Bucks so soon? I am going to have to question your Buckeye fanhood if you are saying they are going to lose to Michigan. Never go against the family again. \:\)

The Bucks will beat Michigan because Hart while having a great season will be banged up yet again by the time the game comes because he is Michigans only reliable player.

Second taking out the ND game, since they are just pathetic, Michigan is averaging 27 points a game while allowing 23.5. This is against Eastern Michigan, Northwestern, App St. This is just not good enough.

I mean Michigan was only able to score 28 points on NOrthwestern and OSU put up 58. And Michigans last 2 touchdowns were set up because the Wildcats turned the ball over inside their own 40.

And as long as Loydd Carr is on the opposite sideline of Tressel OSU will always have a better chance of winning.

Ok, you have convinced me. Ohio State will beat Michigan again! I'm glad we're undefeated so far, but I think it's a mirage. This is supposed to be a down year and we really have not played anybody yet. I would love to be proven wrong. \:\)

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/17/07 10:26 PM

Where is the Mich-OSU game going to be played this year?

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/18/07 01:25 AM

That doesnt mean anything. You cant compare one to another based on who they played. And if OSU has a zero in the loss column, Michigan will come to play and it will be another tough game.

And how can you say Hart is going to be banged up again? Better hope that he doesnt play because that is the only chance you guys have of winning. ;\)

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Where is the Mich-OSU game going to be played this year?

The Big House.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/18/07 12:06 PM

I heard on Mike & Mike this morning that OSU has played the 72nd toughest schedule this year, while USF has played the 12th toughest. The rest of the way, OSU has a more difficult schedule, including at Penn State, at Michigan, and Wisconsin at home.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/18/07 12:59 PM

Goombah, glad to have you back on board. Any rational Buckeye fan has to say this years schedule is weaker compared to past and compared to some other teams, it doesn't help that Michigan, who was picked by everyone and their mother to win the Big 10 and probably play for the Championship, and the rest of the Big 10 have just sucked it up this year. But I have to believe that OSU, like every other big time program, is playing the best schedule they could get for this year.

While OSU has not beaten anyone significant they have also not done what other teams have done and that is lose a game they should have won. USC might play a tougher schedule this year but they should not lose to Stanford, nor Oklahoma to Colorado, nor Auburn to Mississppi St., nor Michigan to App St.

Capone is correct that the records are thrown out the window every November when OSU and Mich play. This is one of the reasons it is one of the greatest games every year. And I hope Hart does play so he graduates not having the feeling of beating OSU, which is why he came back for his senior year in the first place.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/19/07 03:35 AM

What, is the Rutgers game not on TV?? It was playing at the bar... \:\/
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/19/07 03:54 AM

What, is the Rutgers game not on TV?? It was playing at the bar... \:\/

It was on ESPN. I just watched the entire game.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/19/07 04:04 AM

Oh, guess it ended before I got home...

YEAH RUTGERS!!! Beat #2 USF!!!! \:o \:D

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/19/07 04:05 AM

I really thought they were going to blow it again in the 2nd half, but this time they didn't let it get away.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/19/07 04:07 AM

Hopefully they'll be ranked again after tonight...

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/19/07 04:27 AM

I ordered a Ray Rice jersey tonight.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/19/07 04:39 AM

Think I should change my name to Rice to give my future kids instant skill

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/19/07 05:09 AM

I didn't make the full commitment though. I ordered a "replica" instead of an authentic one. Most of my Pro jerseys are the real deal. ;\)

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/19/07 11:14 AM

I've been to 2 Rutgers games in my life..Louisville last year and South Florida this year..both wins, both times stormed the field!

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/26/07 07:20 PM

Did anyone see the BC-VT game last night. BC's QB Matt Ryan threw for two TDs in the final 2 1/2 minutes to win the game. The last score coming on a 30 yard pass on 3rd and 20 with 11 seconds remaining.

But I mention this because moments before the kickoff after the last TD, ESPN showed Ryan on the sidelines with a teammate, and he bent forwarded and vomited just before the camera broke from him. Did anyone catch that?

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/27/07 03:22 PM

About to walk over to the Rutgers/West VIrginia game..2 "upsets" in 2 games maybe ;\)

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/27/07 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone
About to walk over to the Rutgers/West VIrginia game..2 "upsets" in 2 games maybe ;\)

'course I gotta work today so can only see the first hour or so on TV \:\/ Text me w/ the final score please ;\)

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/27/07 03:32 PM

Not a problem...just make sure you watch the Pitt game..I might have front row tickets on the 40 yard line ;\)
Posted By: Beth E

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/27/07 04:29 PM

My daughter is going to the Maryland Terps game today. My niece had a free ticket. Of course, the only reason that matters to her is she's going to experience her first tailgating.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/27/07 04:59 PM

My wife's uncle and aunt never miss a Penn State game and have even built a home in State College. My boys and I were going to run up as they had extra tickets, but prior plans nixed that. We'll probably go up for the Purdue game.

Anyhow, my boys and I are ND fans...yeah it's a tough year. But I also follow Boston College as it's where I went to law school

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/27/07 11:31 PM

Not a problem...just make sure you watch the Pitt game..I might have front row tickets on the 40 yard line ;\)

Well at least I have front row tickets on the 40 yard line for the Pitt Game.....I'm not quite sure what to call what West Virginia did to us.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/28/07 03:03 AM

Well at least I have front row tickets on the 40 yard line for the Pitt Game.....I'm not quite sure what to call what West Virginia did to us.

ouch.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/28/07 04:10 AM

31-3 ??? I'd call it an ass-raping

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/28/07 04:14 AM

Mike Teel=very mediocre

+Rutgers' Special Teams sucks.

Re: College Football 2007 - 10/28/07 04:30 PM

When Rutgers is winning and Teel is protected I think he is one of the best QB's in college football. When he gets sacked or Rutgers is trailing he is one of the worst.

Special Teams seemed more like Special Ed Teams..same thing against USF, all they have to do is catch the punt, not even return it, just catch it.

It was raining pretty bad too, we were soaking wet, jeans felt like they were 20 pounds and I couldn't even get the tickets apart when I got to the stadium, luckily they let us in though lol

Re: College Football 2007 - 11/17/07 08:36 PM

It's 3:28 and Michigan STILL sucks!

Re: College Football 2007 - 11/24/07 02:40 AM

Good grief, another #1 went down today. Did anybody else see that Arkansas-LSU game? 3 overtimes!! It was as entertaining a football game as I have seen in a long time.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: College Football 2007 - 11/24/07 02:50 AM

Yeah this has been a very strange season for college football.

Re: College Football 2007 - 12/02/07 05:18 PM

The ESPN pundits are all saying that LSU will face OSU for the title game. I'm still amazed that W Va. played so horribly last night. I figured Oklahoma would win, but W Va. was a 28 point favorite and they played far too conservatively. They shot themselves in the foot too many times to win.

I think LSU will roll over Ohio State if that is indeed the game. LSU is in a much tougher conference and the location of the game (Superdome - New Orleans) will make it seem like a home game for LSU.

Re: College Football 2007 - 01/02/08 03:05 AM

My hat is off to Michigan and Lloyd Carr. Nobody gave them a chance against Florida, but after losing a shocker in week #1, they pulled off a shocker of their own.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET