Home

2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues

Posted By: Don Sicilia

2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/21/06 07:02 PM

Douche Bigelow: Welcome sports fans as we welcome you live from the GangsterBB Fantasy Sports Arena. I'm Douche Bigelow and with me is one of my co-commissioners, Plawrence.

Plawrence: Thanks DB. Yes, it's great to be part of another year of fantasy football. Look here, we've already got the brats on the grill, the drinks on ice and BOOM... the leagues are ready.

Douche Bigelow: Yes friends, plaw said leagues - plural. This year, we will have two official GBB leagues. The first is the Yahoo Head-to-Head League. This is the fourth year we've had this league on the GBB and because of some troubles in the past (some players thought dedication meant only making it to the draft, if that), the Head-to-Head league this year is by invitation only where the GBB's best of the best of the best will match their wits and skills as they battle towards the GangsterBB Bowl.

So....those of you who were invited know who you are....

Plawrence: Yeah. Nothing worse in a Head-to-Head League than people who stop playing in the middle of the season and don't set their rosters and give up easy wins to other players.

So.....

Our second league, a brand new league, will also be on Yahoo and will be a points-based league. No conflict of uneven schedules here. Doesn't matter if people play every week or not. Simply, you draft the best, you make the best moves, you score the most points - BOOM - you win. This league will be open to any and all who want to particpate (including those in the Head-to-Head League).

So you can join both leagues if you like, or just one

The live draft will be held on August 31st at 7:45 PM Eastern.

To register, go to Yahoo Fantasy Football

Our league's info:
League #: 235544
Password: Barzini

Also, the points league will be limited to 14 number of teams so if you're dedicated and want to play, REGISTER NOW and be part of GBB fantasy football history!

Douche Bigelow: Thanks plaw. BTW, to keep everything nice and simple, we'll be using the same scoring system for each game. We'll be back with further details (league settings, scoring, etc...) but all I can say is it's going to be a blast!... Well folks, our host (and third co-commissioner), JG, has just joined us. [addressing JG] JG, we'd like to thank you for letting us use the GangsterBB Fantasy Sports Arena for all these years.

JG: No problem DB! After the break, I'll talk about last year's league and will also share my real thoughts on our defending champ, DonMichaelCorleone.

Plawrence: Now THAT should be interesting!
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/21/06 09:32 PM

Jimmy Buffer(Sideline Reporter): Thanks for mentioning my points title assholes! :p All you schmucks up in the booth talk about is how total points is so much better because it doesn't involve any luck of the draw. Oops. Gotta run. TO's grandma is in the stands.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/21/06 09:35 PM

JG, I sent you a PM. Let me know what you think, will ya?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/21/06 09:55 PM

Everyone who signs up for the league has to read this.

Bill Simmon\'s Fantasy Football Rules
Posted By: Beth E

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/21/06 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
Look here, we've already got the brats on the grill,

Whoa! Most people just put their kids in timeout.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/21/06 10:13 PM

I likesome of that stuff, JB.

I agree about Defense - not treated valuably enough in most leagues, it seems

I don't agree abut one-sided trades - they happen all the time in real life, and we've discussed this many times in the other fantasy games..

If I have two great QBs and can only play one every week, then QB #2 isn't worth anything to me unless QB #1 gets injured. If I have a guy at WR who figures to get me nothing every week, and I trade QB #2 for a WR who will get me at least some points, then that's a good deal for me because it improves my team.

The auction idea for free agents is interesting, but you really need dedicated paying attention participants for that.

Besides, in real life the worst teams get first crack at players on waivers.....

Interesting idea about extending trhe season thru Week 17, also.

I agree that "that's the way we always do (did) it" is a poor excuse for continuing to do it that way if someone can figure out a better way.

So which league(s) you gonna join, JB? Both, I hope.

And belated congrats on your Points Championship last season.

As you will recall, I always was the biggest proponent for Points Only and the biggest whiner/complainer about all the faults in H-T-H.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/21/06 11:10 PM

What's with the congrats, Plaw? I take that as an insult.
Thanks for the congratulations, but didn't you read the part about trash talking in the article? I expect a little something thrown back in my face. Let's face it, Plaw is slippin.

I'll definately be in both leagues. The only reason I sat out baseball was due to time constraints. I know I can set my lineup weekly and still participate, but it's just not the same. I'll use a poker analogy, since I know you're so familiar with it. Playing weekly when everyone else is playing daily is like playing hold 'em, except you only look at 1 out of 7 hands, while all the other players check their hole cards each hand. Even though I have less time during football season due to teaching and coaching, I'm still on an even playing field with the rest of the league. Getting back to participating in both leagues, DB might have a little something up his sleeve this year. We've been PMing back and forth with some interesting little ideas. I'm sure he's talked to you about it already, but I tried to send you a PM this morning to ask your opinion just in case, but it was full.

I really liked the idea of the auction for free agents. Especially with a free site such as Yahoo, which is slower than molasses when it comes to updating. In my baseball league, Wakefield still isn't listed as DL on the site, so I have had to wait to put him on my DL and open up a roster spot. As a result, another owner just went on today and picked up the 2 players I was considering to take Wakefield's spot. I agree it would be a little too much for the purposes of our league.

I agree with you about trades and the schedule idea. In the 9 or so years I've been playing fantasy sports, I've never had a problem in a league about an unfair trade. I've seen lots of one-sided trades, but never one where the two owners were in cahoots trying to pull a fast one. I like the idea of the playoffs because it adds another element of skill to the game which relies heavily on luck. Plus, even though week 17 is considered a bad week for fantasy purposes due to players whose teams have clinched sitting out, this does happen in week 16 as well, which is championship week in a lot of leagues.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/21/06 11:50 PM

We've never had a problem with collusion in trading, either; and collusion, IMO, is the only reason to not allow a trade.

That's why I think that the idea of a legue voting on whether or not to allow a trade is silly.

I have no problem making a trade that's one-sided man-for-man, as long as it helps my team.

You may remember last year in football, I wanted a better QB than whoever I had for my bye week. beth's backup was Jake Delhomme, and her bye week was over, so she didn't need him.

What she did need was a WR, and my 4th WR was better than anyone she had and better than any of the FAs available, so we made the trade.

But there was a lot of complaining, because all things being equal, Delhomme was worth a lot more than the guy I traded away for him.

Except that given the circumstances, he was worth nothing to her since he wan't gonna ever play.

(P.S.: I used Delhomme in my bye week, and the guy I originally had as my #2 wound up doing better than he did.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/22/06 06:31 AM

My apologies for butting in, but I just had to tell CS that his first post with the avatars was so cute. How clever.

And you wonder why we miss you in BBC. :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/22/06 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
I just had to tell CS that his first post with the avatars was so cute. How clever.
I agree....

It was VERY cute and clever.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/22/06 12:59 PM

I'm in and looking forward to it.

Cheers for the earlier draft day DB. This one I'll be able to make. I love these late night drafts. Last year I think I got about 3 hours sleep before I was up for work.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/22/06 01:19 PM

JB...you're "Donald's Drivers" in the points game, right?

Who is "Sex Panther"?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/22/06 01:50 PM

Question :

If I cannot participate in the live draft, can I pre-set my player rankings and if I do will Yahoo AUTOMATICALLY draft for me if I don't sign on, on draft day?

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/22/06 02:33 PM

Where you gonna be? On another cruise?

Seriously - man, what a story that was

Anyway, yes. As long as your team is still registered in the league, Yahoo will draft for you in the order in which you rank the players, or in their order if you don't rank them.

I guess you'd make it to the live draft if you could, but try hard because there is an inherent danger in letting Yahoo draft for you.

Unless they changed the way thy do it, or I'm misunderstanding something, here's what happened to me two years ago:

I attended the live draft, but had my players pre-ranked to make it easier for me and to save time.

I had Dante Culpepper ranked in a spot that would have made him my 2nd pick, I think, and Donovan McNabb ranked next - my intention being to pick my QB second (after picking my top RB) and getting one or the other as my QB.

Unfortunately, however, my computer crashed after I picked Culpepper with my second pick, and when it was time for my next pick, since I was unable to make it myself, Yahoo drafted McNabb for me.

So now I had two QBs, and no WR or second RB.

By the time my next turn came, all the good RBs and WRs were gone.

Fortunately, though, there was someone who didn't make it to the draft at all - I forget who - and didn't get any of their first three pre-ranked QBs, so they were stuck with a nobody and I was able to trade McNabb to him for a WR or a RB, I think, but still.....

I would plan out my rankings strategy very carefully.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/22/06 03:03 PM

Thanks for the advice kind sir. I'll keep that in mind.

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/22/06 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

Who is "Sex Panther"?
That's correct.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/22/06 08:07 PM

Quote:
It was [b]VERY cute and clever. [/b]
I'm assuming it was your idea, originally? Or from something else? Regardless, I still think the same - just thought I'd say I like the idea.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/23/06 11:51 AM

The format was DB's idea, which I thought was very clever - I never would have thought to do it that way.

My contribution was the avatar idea.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/23/06 05:34 PM

Well, both ideas are cute and clever.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/24/06 09:58 AM

How can the words cute and clever ever be used when referring to Plaw or DB?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/24/06 10:49 AM

I resemble that remark.

I'm cute and clever.

And so is DB. :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/24/06 11:10 AM

I can think of other words beginning with C but they wouldn't be appropriate for the BB. :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/24/06 06:21 PM

Turi - I don't think calling some "charming" is inappropriate. :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/24/06 06:26 PM

Quote:
[Cough]One more league still to join, o' great points league defending champ...[/Cough] :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/24/06 10:26 PM

Did I not join the other league yet?

I must have gotten too wrapped up in my work and forgotten. Imagine that. I just cleaned out my inbox today too, so if you would be kind enough to send me another link, super-commish.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/25/06 07:22 PM

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages."

William Shakespeare contemplating his fantasy football league. :p

Well folks, we promised you league settings and gosh darn, we keep our promises here on the GBB.

Some highlights...

Season Duration -
Head-to-Head:
Regular Season - Weeks 1 - 14
Playoffs - Weeks 15 and 16 (4 teams)

Scoring System - Both leagues will have the same scoring system (Please see next post). Please check out the revamped scoring for offense and defense.

Two ideological changes

- Return touchdowns - Unlike years past when return touchdowns were counted toward individual players, this year we will count these scores for the Def/Special Teams (e.g. if Dante Hall returns a punt for a TD, the score will count towards KC Def/ST, not Dante Hall.)
- Fractional Points - We will count points to the decimal point.

Positions - Like last year, both leagues will carry 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/ST. However, this year, we will have one added position: a hybrid position that can either be filled by a WR or a RB.

Trades Deadline - November 17, 2006.

Trade Policy - Trades will stay pending for 48 hours. In other words, you better get people to accept your trade by 1 PM Eastern on a Friday if you want to play your new players for the 1 PM Eastern Sunday game.

I will only overturn trades in 2 scenarios:
1 - I am somehow convinced that an accident occurred in an accepted trade.
2 - If a trade is seriously, I mean seriously, out of whack - e.g. Peyton Manning for Kyle Orton. Usually, there's collusion if a trade like this goes down.

I believe Plaw has a similar view in his running of the Points league.

For a complete view of the settings, please click:
Head-to-Head
The GBB League of Commissioners are always willing to listen to any suggestions to better the game. If you have any comments or questions, please let us know.

One remaining thing that I have to do is get back to you guys on my DNP policy for the head-to-head league. We made the league invite-only to protect against this, but we should have our rules/regs clearly detailed just in case.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/25/06 07:22 PM

League Scoring

Passing Yards (22.5 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-3)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-3)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (3)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (4)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-3)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-3)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-3)
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (-1)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-2)
Sack (1)
Interception (3)
Fumble Recovery (3)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (3)
Block Kick (3)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (14)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (12)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (8)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (5)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (-2)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-5)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-9)

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/25/06 07:37 PM

Was this the same scoring system we used last year? The defensive scoring is certainly unique. I see you're on the same page as the Sports Guy.

Second, what do you mean by fractional points? If a guy rushes for 96 yards, does this mean he gets 9.6 points instead of simply 9?

Also, what is meant by an offensive fumble return? Correct men if I'm wrong, but I thought an offensive player couldn't advance a fumble.

Finally, regarding 2 point conversions, does the QB and WR both get 2 points on a pass play?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/25/06 07:45 PM

Was this the same scoring system we used last year? The defensive scoring is certainly unique. I see you're on the same page as the Sports Guy.

Actually, it's different from last year. Last year, we had QB passing at 50 yards = 1 pt and Rushing/Receing at 20 yards = 1 pt. This year, it's 22.5 QB passing yards = 1 pt and rushing/receiving at 10 yards = 1 pt. With the significant bump in offense, we similarly bumped up the amount potential points for Defense/STs (lest we favor offense too much).

Second, what do you mean by fractional points? If a guy rushes for 96 yards, does this mean he gets 9.6 points instead of simply 9?

That's correct. Mainly, I changed this because I don't like ties (which are now less likely).

Also, what is meant by an offensive fumble return? Correct men if I'm wrong, but I thought an offensive player couldn't advance a fumble.

I actually looked this up. For example, if Priest Holmes runs to the opponent's 5-yard line and fumbles, Tony Gonzalez would be credited with an offensive fumble return touchdown if he were to recover the fumble and score a touchdown (Yahoo's example).

As for your second question, I don't know. Anybody?

Finally, regarding 2 point conversions, does the QB and WR both get 2 points on a pass play?

Yes.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/25/06 08:25 PM

I believe and I could be wrong but that the SAME offensive player can not advance a fumble.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/25/06 08:37 PM

JB: what do you mean by fractional points? If a guy rushes for 96 yards, does this mean he gets 9.6 points instead of simply 9?[/b]

DB:That's correct. Mainly, I changed this because I don't like ties (which are now less likely).

PL: And I don't like the frustration of having a guy rush for 98 or 99 yards, and only getting 9 points - with the additional 8 or 9 yards wasted.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/25/06 10:07 PM

Quote:
[b]PL: And I don't like the frustration of having a guy rush for 98 or 99 yards, and only getting 9 points - with the additional 8 or 9 yards wasted. [/b]
You mean you don't like the frustration of having your guy wasting those 8 or 9 yards. :p Seriously though, it's an interesting idea. I like it.

Regarding offensive fumbles, DMC probably is right since Yahoo gave DB the example, but I always thought the rule applied to all offensive players. This rule probably won't even apply at all this year, so don't think I'm nitpicking about it, I'm just curious from an NFL fan's perspective. Let's use Super Bowl XXXIV as an example, the Rams-Titans thriller, since it fits this scenario perfectly. I always thought the NFL had the offense can't advance a fumble rule to prevent teams from purposely fumbling the football when they were wrapped up and about to be tackled. Otherwise, on that play, Kevin Dyson merely has to fumble the football in the hopes one of his teammates recovers it and scores a touchdown. The same could be said on any such play as time is running down or already expired. As soon as the player with the ball is about to be tackled, he can merely fumble the ball and hope his teammates somehow score. The chances are remotely slim, but they are better than the zero percent chance the ballcarrier has since he's already wrapped up.

I would expect Yahoo to know this, but then again, they can't seem to figure out the DL in the baseball game , so maybe they don't know how the NFL works all too well either.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/26/06 12:17 AM

Heres what I got from a website:

Quote:
Fumble
1. The distinction between a fumble and a muff should be kept in mind in considering rules about fumbles. A fumble is the loss of player possession of the ball. A muff is the touching of a loose ball by a player in an unsuccessful attempt to obtain possession.

2. A fumble may be advanced by any player on either team regardless of whether recovered before or after ball hits the ground.

3. A fumble that goes forward and out of bounds will return to the fumbling team at the spot of the fumble unless the ball goes out of bounds in the opponent's end zone. In this case, it is a touchback.

4. On a play from scrimmage, if an offensive player fumbles anywhere on the field during fourth down, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If any player fumbles after the two-minute warning in a half, only the fumbling player is permitted to recover and/or advance the ball. If recovered by any other offensive player, the ball is dead at the spot of the fumble unless it is recovered behind the spot of the fumble. In that case, the ball is dead at the spot of recovery. Any defensive player may recover and/or advance any fumble at any time.
Here

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/26/06 12:47 AM

Watch it there, DMC....

You might get appointed "Third Assistant Commissioner to the Commissioner"

Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/26/06 01:09 AM

i'm in (head to head) - state penn

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/26/06 01:37 AM

Welcome back, FC. You too, RB.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/26/06 01:48 AM

I second that.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/26/06 01:57 AM

Quote:
Watch it there, DMC....

You might get appointed "Third Assistant Commissioner to the Commissioner"

I try, it's not like I'm going to let that title go to my head or anything

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/27/06 07:22 PM

Nice title DMC. As a welcome gift to the League of Commissioners...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/27/06 08:25 PM

Quote:
Nice title DMC. As a welcome gift to the League of Commissioners...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/27/06 11:52 PM

Read this on ESPN.com today and thought some of you might like it as well.

Fantasy Football=Fantasy

I have enjoyed being in a keeper league the past several years, but I have to agree about trying to make fantasy sports too much like the real thing. This isn't a game of Risk, it's fantasy sports. The league should be about the particular sport you're playing, not trying to turn every owner into Bill Walsh. The only strategy should be knowing the league's scoring system and knowing which players will perform the best according to that scoring system. That's the skill in fantasy sports, IMO.

It's like the difference between playing poker with real money versus fake money. The game will be completely different, even though they're both poker games. If you're good enough to play with real money, then step up. If not, then deal with the fact it's not real money. Fantasy sports aren't going to be an exact duplicate of real sports.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 07/31/06 02:08 AM

If the Gangster BB decided to hold a Fantasy Poker Game for the Poker Championship of the BB, I would play exactly the same way as I do when I play for money.

If I'm playing to win, I'm playing to win.

The game will not be "completely different" and there's no reason why it should be.

Unless everyone playing in a poker game for "fun" doesn't care of they win or lose so they call every bet and stay in every single hand until the last card.

But then, the author is wrong because "both games are not poker."

As far as the "reality" of fantasy sports is concerned....

If the goal is to make it resemble reality as much as possible, what's wrong with that?

Obviously, it's not reality, but it's certainly based on reality.

Maybe I don't get his point there.

He says "The only strategy should be knowing the league's scoring system and knowing which players will perform the best according to that scoring system. That's the skill in fantasy sports, IMO.'

Well, yeah....that and a few other factors, but who didn't know that and what does that have to do with trying to make the game realistic?

We know that fantasy sports aren't gonna be a duplicate or real sports...

So what?

And, if we do want to make it duplicate reality exactly, it's very easy to do so.

Figure out a scoring system, and then create a Points Only League in which everyone drafts entire MLB teams instead of individual players.

Then at the end of the season the winner will be the actual MLB team that has the most points and the results of the your league will exactly mirror the results of real life.

You draft the Yankees, the Yankees as a team in real life score more points under your scoring system than any other team, you win.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/01/06 04:07 AM

I just signed up for the points based league. Team name-The Sharks

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/02/06 01:55 PM

Hi IM....

So far we have:

DC -- Don Cardi's "Cardi's Giants"
CC -- Bethie's "Bethie's Tight End"
IM -- The Iceman's "Sharks"
TU -- Turi's "Scunthorpe Steelers"
JL -- Just Lou's "MOAAFS"
DB -- Don Sicilia's "Douche Bigelow"
DM -- DonMichaelCorleones's "DMC"
PL -- plawrence's "Black Car Drivers"
AL -- Don Alessandrio's "Sex Panther"

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/03/06 11:06 AM

I am the c**t in Scunthorpe!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/12/06 07:10 PM

Sorry that this reply seems a bit outdated, but I've had some computer problems, hence my tardiness and disappearance from the league. Yahoo is telling me the league is full, so it's not letting me sign up again. They should have it fixed later today, they said, so I'll be back in both leagues.

As far as my poker analogy, I have no doubt that you would play exactly the same way, Plaw, but that doesn't mean everyone else would. If you've ever played a fake money table on-line, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. If you have 8 guys playing seriously and 2 guys just fucking around, that can have a major impact on a tournament. Same thing in fantasy sports. My comparison is this: you aren't going to see people throwing around chips just for the hell of it at the WSOP like you would at a fake money table on PartyPoker, much the same as you aren't going to have NFL teams not showing up for games like some owners do by not setting their lineups each week in a fantasy league.

As far as my point about disliking how certain fantasy leagues are trying to become as much like the real thing as possible, I'll try to elaborate further. I view fantasy sports as primarily entertainment. I do it because I enjoy it, as evidenced by the fact that I play in what leagues I can on here for free. I prefer to play for money because it adds more fun to the game, making it more worthwhile. I don't participate in every league here because I simply don't have time. 4 years ago when I was still in college, I probably would have been signed up for every single league available on here, simply because I had more time. Now that I teach, coach, and enjoy the social life of a single, 24 year old, I can't devote myself to learning the details of a radically modified fantasy sports league. The reason I don't like the fact that some leagues are becoming more involved by trying to make it more realistic is the fact that it takes away from the fun of the game, in my opinion. At the very least, it makes it more like a job and less fun, and at worst, it creates a huge discrepency between teams that have a chance compared to teams that are destined to finish last not because they are an inferior fantasy sports owner, but rather because they can't dedicate as much time to it. Take your baseball league for example. There is absolutely no way I could compete in a league like that anymore because I simply don't have the time to dedicate to things such as starts in hand and average points per game at each position. I don't think people should quit playing leagues like this, I am simply stating I agree with the author of the original article that I don't prefer leagues like this. In some football leagues, they have cap penalties, practice squads, free agent signing periods, etc. in an attempt to make their fantasy league as much like real life as possible. Some of these guys spend as much time on their fantasy team as a normal GM does for an NFL team, but the GM does so because that's his career!

As I stated in an earlier post, I agree that subtle changes can make fantasy sports a better experience. The idea of a keeper league is a great format, IMO, that makes the game more fun and strategic, but doesn't require the owner to devote his life to his team. In the keeper league I'm in, all the owners are college graduates between the ages of 24-28. Some of the owners even have families already, yet we are still able to have a highly competitive league, despite the fact that we all have careers and attend an occassional NFL game in person rather than sit in front of the computer screen on Sundays so we can be the first to sign the newest 100 yard receiver or figure out our mean average under the salary cap from weeks 5-11. I'm not saying people shouldn't play in leagues like this if they want to. I believe that the standard format for most fantasy sports seems to be working just fine, so I prefer those formats compared to formats that try to make the leagues more "life-like".

So, in closing, my point was merely to post an article about fantasy sports since all the people in this thread participate in fantasy sports. Since the article I posted gave an opinion, I provided my own opinion as well. I'm not saying everyone has to agree with it, but if we never posted any thoughts we had that we feared wouldn't be met with 100% approval, then the BB would be a pretty boring place.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/13/06 12:16 PM

Bloody hell, I can't believe I read that JB. You're 24 and already turning into Plaw.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/15/06 01:55 PM

Welcome back to the league, JB!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/16/06 02:30 AM

Great to be back. Yahoo finally decided it had enough of fucking me over and let me in finally yesterday. :rolleyes: Hopefully, I'll be in for good this time.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/18/06 08:26 PM

Here's an article y'all should appreciate.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/24/06 12:13 AM

There's a problem for me having the draft for the Points game on Aug 31... is there any chance we can change the date? If not, I'll have to just play the H2H game...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/24/06 11:17 AM

I'm missing the Head to Head draft because I'm in Deutschland. No way I'm missing the Points Only one too JG. Why can't you make it?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/24/06 03:21 PM

I have tix for the Violent Femmes show that night...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/25/06 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
I have tix for the Violent Femmes show that night...
I'm willing to change the date.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/25/06 09:45 AM

I can only do upto the Second of September.

Damn you JG, you left it late. You and your bloody drag show.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/27/06 03:57 PM

It may be too late for everyone to change leagues now and ensure that everything is set up by the regular season, but we should really look into moving the leagues to foxsports.com for next year. The set-up is superior to Yahoo in that the league page is filled with much more easily accessible fantasy info, it is much easier to modify the league settings to fit individual leagues, and, the Stattracker is free. It is basically the Sportsline site minus the $150 fee. We used Sportsline for years, but once it became a pay site went to Yahoo, which had its days in the sun, but this past year has became a gigantic piece of shit. Something to think about. For football it may not make a whole lot of difference, but for any baseball league you may do, it will be a huge upgrade. Assuming it's still free next year.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/28/06 04:43 PM

Where's Douche?? Looks like I may have to miss one of the drafts then...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/29/06 03:01 PM

Quote:
There's a problem for me having the draft for the Points game on Aug 31... is there any chance we can change the date? If not, I'll have to just play the H2H game...
Rather than leave the league completely and not play at all, why not just pre-rank your picks and let the computer draft for you? It's better than not playing at all.

I won't be able to make either draft. I have Football practice on Wed Sept. 6th, and I am going out with clients on Thursday Aug 31st.

But instead of dropping out, I figured I'll pre-set my picks, let the computer draft for me, and I'll still be able to play.

Better than not playing at all for the whole season.

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/29/06 05:58 PM

Well I can make the 9/6 draft, so it's not like I won't be able to play at all. I wasn't thrilled about being in more than one draft league anyway, but, was willing. I'm still willing if the date can be changed. But I'm not into having the system autodraft for me -- to me, it defeats the purpose of having a draft to begin with, that's why I haven't joined the nfl.com league...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/29/06 08:36 PM

Quote:
But I'm not into having the system autodraft for me -- to me, it defeats the purpose of having a draft to begin with, that's why I haven't joined the nfl.com league...
I guess that is what makes the world go around. While you see an auto draft as "defeating the purpose" I look at it differently. I enjoy being 'given' a team, almost as if being hired to a team with players already in place and then seeing if I have the ability to imrove that team through free agent signings, sleeper signings and trades. I like the General Manager aspect of Fantasy Sports as well as the coaching aspect.

The only 'live drafts' that I ever enjoyed were face to face ones where the team owners would get together in a bar or the back of a restaurant to hold the draft. Having a live draft on a computer just doesn't cut it for me. I get bored very quickly.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/29/06 09:09 PM

Quote:
Well I can make the 9/6 draft, so it's not like I won't be able to play at all. I wasn't thrilled about being in more than one draft league anyway, but, was willing. I'm still willing if the date can be changed. But I'm not into having the system autodraft for me -- to me, it defeats the purpose of having a draft to begin with, that's why I haven't joined the nfl.com league...
Stop whining. I can't make the 9/6 draft and I'm not complaining about it. :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/30/06 11:08 PM

Quote:
I might have to add my name to the list of people who can't make the draft tomorrow night.....guess its too late to change it now though

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/30/06 11:19 PM

Since this is a points league and not head-to-head, I suppose there's no real harm in being in the league and later dropping out... so since we haven't heard from Douchebag -- and unless we can postpone it until next week -- I guess I'll decide by tomorrow afternoon whether or not to participate in this one...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/30/06 11:31 PM

Since its points only, I might just auto-draft

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 02:05 AM

I can't make this draft either. 7:45 is too early for me.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:11 AM

quote:
There's a problem for me having the draft for the Points game on Aug 31... is there any chance we can change the date? If not, I'll have to just play the H2H game... ) - tomorrow.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:17 AM

On my calendar it says this Thurs is the Points draft, and next Weds is the H2H draft... if that's true, then, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about... If that's NOT true, then... well... I guess I'm fucked this season!! :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:19 AM

I predict only 3 or 4 people actually show up for the draft.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:26 AM

Points is tomorrow... H2H is next week... as I thought.

DB started the H2H league, and that's next week...
You started the Points league, and that's tomorrow...

Oops. I guess I just got confused w/ his "general" post for Yahoo FFB leagues.

But in any event... regardless... I can't make it tomorrow night. But w/in 12 hrs I'll let you know if I'll deal with autodraft or not...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
I predict only 3 or 4 people actually show up for the draft.
The odds of you being there is what... like Pacino showing up to our next dinner? Or even lesser odds... YOU showing up!? :p lol

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:29 AM

Quote:
On my calendar it says this Thurs is the Points draft, and next Weds is the H2H draft... if that's true, then, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about... If that's NOT true, then... well... I guess I'm fucked this season!! :p
I'm not sure that I understand what you're talking about

Tomorrow night - this Thursday - is the Points Only Draft.

Aren't you saying you can't make the draft tomorrow, Thursday 8/31? The one for the Points Only Game?

I'm the Commissioner of that game, right?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:39 AM

I cannot make it tomorrow (Thurs) night; all along, for some reason, I thought DB was commish of it, but apparently you are. I should've known, tho, cuz it was for the PTS league...

As of now I CAN make the H2H draft. Tomorrow I need to decide whether to "autodraft" the PTS league or not. Cuz as I said, it doesn't matter if I'm active or not, right? :p LOL But DMC might not make it either........ so, I was hoping it could be postponed until next week.

You decide.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:39 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Just Lou:
[b] I predict only 3 or 4 people actually show up for the draft.
The odds of you being there is what... like Pacino showing up to our next dinner? Or even lesser odds... YOU showing up!? :p lol [/b][/quote]I can't. I'm playing golf at 4PM, or I would. 7:45EST is a pretty fucked up time, if you ask me. Unless everyone playing lives on the East Coast. People in the other time zones will probably be working or getting ready for dinner.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:41 AM

Quote:
I'm playing golf at 4PM, or I would. 7:45EST is a pretty fucked up time, if you ask me. Unless everyone playing lives on the East Coast. People in the other time zones will probably be working or getting ready for dinner.
But the Douche Championship doesn't start 'til Friday, and goes through Monday!

What, you play golf outside the PGA tournies?? :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:46 AM

Please. I played a PGA Championship course in Florida last month, and shot 110. :rolleyes:

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:51 AM

110?? Sheesh...! I can do better than that in 9 holes!!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:59 AM

On a normal course, I shoot in the 90's. I play with my brother-in-law, who sucks more than me. So I don't feel so bad when we are done.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 08:03 AM

Maybe you missed my joke - the knock on myself... (I suck!)

But in any event, I need a pillow right now, so, 'night!!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 08:22 AM

No, I got it. I'm just admitting that I suck.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 08:27 AM

It's too late to change the draft date now, dontcha' think?

As I said in my long post above, You shoulda, and If you woulda, then maybe I coulda.............

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 03:16 PM

Just warning you all I'll have had a fair bit of wine by the time I turn up for the draft tonight. That'll explain any abusive, hyper and general idiotic behaviour of mine.

Plus episode 1 of the Sopranos is finally being aired tonight in the UK. I'm all excited. I keep wetting myself.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 05:19 PM

Quote:
It's too late to change the draft date now, dontcha' think?

As I said in my long post above, You shoulda, and If you woulda, then maybe I coulda.............
You might be the only one showing up tonight.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 06:52 PM

It REALLY sucks that we don't know the draft under until 30 mins beforehand... makes pre-ranking difficult if you can't make the draft

Hopefully I'll be able to catch the beginning of the draft and re-reset my draft order to autocomplete when I need to leave...
Posted By: Don Alessandrio

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:04 PM

as someone that has had to postpone a draft on yahoo already there are not many slots left. only so many leagues can draft at a time and the times left are all 2pm EST and earlier unless you want to draft afte rthe season starts.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 07:29 PM

Good point - I forgot about that...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 09:06 PM

Don't worry Plaw I'll be there

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 10:18 PM

There are more players being used for starters this year than there were last year right? Or am I imagining things?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 10:31 PM

I'll be there, too, and so (apparently) will Turi.

And why should I worry?

Don't know why JL thinks that no one will attend.

Because he thinks no one cares? So why did they register to play, then?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 11:11 PM

Quote:
And why should I worry?

That you wouldn't be the only one at the draft....besides who else will you criticize for their bad picks with JG and JL not making it?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 08/31/06 11:19 PM

A'ight, I should be able to make it thru the first few rounds before I need to go... tho I haven't done much research yet, so it probably won't matter much if I'm there or not! :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 12:53 AM

I squeezed it in - 70 mins, not bad...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 12:56 AM

Always a good sign when 19 kickers are drafted in an 11 team league. :rolleyes: And I didn't draft a single one. Let the autodraft special...shine a light on me. Let the autodraft special...shine her everloving light on me.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 02:29 AM

Jesus, it's draft night. Let's get some activity in here. Maybe this will drum up some people. Whoever drafted Chad Johnson, I sure hope your Johnson holds up. Teeheehee. :rolleyes:

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffer:
Jesus, it's draft night. Let's get some activity in here. Maybe this will drum up some people.
So you need a Kicker, huh?

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 03:09 AM

Ya, I was the last guy who hadn't taken one yet, so I figured I might as well wait till the end, but when Lundi was there, I couldn't not take the guy. How can a starting running back be available in the 17th round of the draft? I guess I'll have to make a pickup before week 1. Not too worried about that position though.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 03:14 AM

Quote:

Because he thinks no one cares? So why did they register to play, then?
Good question. Why do half the people that signed up stop playing 1/4 into the season?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 07:13 AM

I just now remembered that the draft for the points only league was yesterday. Oh man this year is not off to a good start.

Course I've been so busy trying to get financing in order, as I'm trying to buy my brothers 2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4.

Oh well I can't complain about my team at all. Only question is I had the 8th pick and I still managed to get one of(if not the best) QB's in the game today. Not sure how that worked out. But I'm not complaining.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 12:04 PM

I actually can't remember who I drafted.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
I've been so busy trying to get financing in order, as I'm trying to buy my brothers 2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4.
That's the one with the rifle rack already built in, isn't it? :p
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I actually can't remember who I drafted.
At least you drafted them.

Half of my picks were made by Yahoo while I was busy fighting with the GF. :rolleyes:

Rule # 1: Never tell them that you need "another half hour or 45 minutes on the computer, and then you'll take care of it"

Oh yeah.......[whine alert][/whine alert]

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 12:27 PM

Quote:
Why do half the people that signed up stop playing 1/4 into the season?
That I can understand.

They're so far behind that they lose interest.

But 11 people registered for this game, no one is "behind" yet, and we've always had good attendance for the drafts themselves.

I know there a few people that would have liked to attend the draft last night but couldn't, but I don't know about the rest.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when the season starts.

At least in a Points Only Game their actions don't affect anyone else.
Posted By: Don Alessandrio

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 03:20 PM

I meant to make the draft but I got held up with the parents. I definitly don't need two kickers so make me an offer I can't refuse. Also I have two top tight ends if anyone is looking and two defenses I don't need. All I really want is a running back.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alessandrio:
I meant to make the draft but I got held up with the parents. I definitly don't need two kickers so make me an offer I can't refuse. Also I have two top tight ends if anyone is looking and two defenses I don't need. All I really want is a running back.
What's the name of your team? And maybe we can make a deal. I'll take another look at my team if I'm able to while I'm at work and see if I might be willing to trade someone, I'm sure there's at least 1 or 2.

Quote:
That's the one with the rifle rack already built in, isn't it?
How did you guess.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 09:46 PM

Commish, I hit the wrong button on the trade proposal I got from sex panther. Obviously, I'm not trading Cadillac for a kicker. :rolleyes: This is why I hate these worthless trade proposals.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 10:09 PM

Quote:
Commish, I hit the wrong button on the trade proposal I got from sex panther. Obviously, I'm not trading Cadillac for a kicker. :rolleyes: This is why I hate these worthless trade proposals.
That is a stupid trade, I would have given ya 2 kickers and Jerome Bettis for Cadillac

All joking aside, did someone REALLY propose a REAL trade as Cadillac for a kicker straight up?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 10:12 PM

I'll void it or disallow it or whatever verb they use to describe it.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 10:19 PM

Thank you Plaw. It wasn't straight up, but it may as well have been. The trade was Crumpler and Jeff Reed for Cadillac and David Givens. Considering I already have Ben Watson, who will be a top 3 tight end by the end of this season, even if I was a moron who didn't realize how worthless kickers are, why in the hell would I want Crumpler? Maybe if I was so desperate I had already cut off 5 fingers and 3 toes, I would've considered it. I guess you can't blame the guy for trying though. I have seen much stupider things happen in life, so it was worth a shot.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 10:25 PM

In this case I don't need an explanation.

You said you hit the wrong button by accident - that's good enough for me, even if the trade had somewhat made sense.

It's not like this could be a case of you changing your mind the next day or something.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 10:37 PM

Quote:
7:45 EST is a pretty fucked up time, if you ask me. Unless everyone playing lives on the East Coast. People in the other time zones will probably be working or getting ready for dinner.
We've held the draft in the evening for every game we've ever played that had a live draft because most of the players usually do live somewhere towards the East Coast.

In this game, 6 of the 11 players live on the East Coast, and two othes are in the Midwest, one hour behind.

It'll be about 1 or 2 in the morning for Turi I think, and 3 hours earlier, about 4:45 PM for JB.

I'm not sure who the Shark is, so I don't know where he's from.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 11:03 PM

Quote:
It'll be about 1 or 2 in the morning for Turi I think, and 3 hours earlier, about 4:45 PM for JB.
Where do you think I'm from? North Dakota is Central time. The draft was at 6:45 for me, a perfect time, IMO. I guess it could start later, considering it only took a little over an hour due to the number of no shows.

Unless you were thinking of someone else in the league on the West Coast, but had me in the back of your mind due to my incompetence clicking a mouse button properly.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 11:09 PM

Quote:
In this case I don't need an explanation.

You said you hit the wrong button by accident - that's good enough for me, even if the trade had somewhat made sense.

It's not like this could be a case of you changing your mind the next day or something.
My bad. That post was mainly directed at DMC, since he inquired about it, but I did directly address you to begin, so I can see where you got that impression. I guess I'm just posthappy now that I actually have something to comment about on the board. Politics and congrats threads aren't my cup of tea and the Godfather section on the board is deader than disco.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/01/06 11:27 PM

Here's the current scoring for the Points league. Perhaps we should review this before the game starts...

Passing Yards (22.5 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-3)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (0) zero?
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-3)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (0) zero?
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (3) 4 maybe, if -2 for missed?
Field Goals 50+ Yards (4) 5 maybe, if -1 for missed?
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-3)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-3)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-3)
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (-1)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-2)
Sack (1)
Interception (3)
Fumble Recovery (3)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (3)
Block Kick (3)
Points Allowed 0 points (14)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (12)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (8)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (5)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (-2)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-5)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-9)

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/02/06 02:15 AM

JG I'm assuming the fumble recovery for a touchdown is zero because the player would get 3 points for the fumble recovery and then 6 for the touchdown through the other scoring system. Thats what I'm assuming though, commish?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/02/06 02:27 AM

My 2 cents: I agree with JG about return TDs. If you're going to reward special teams for a blocked kick, then they should also be rewarded for a return TD. Unless the return TD was referring to individual players, then I agree they shouldn't get anything. Special teams plays belong to D/ST units, not individual players.

As far as kicking goes, I don't really have an opinion. That is the most detailed kicking scoring system I've ever seen. I know it's an attempt to make the kickers a little more meaningful, but the fact remains kickers are basically just there. IMO, it just adds more luck to the game, since kicker's production varies so much from year to year. There really isn't the strategy involved in selecting top players like at other positions because history has shown that top kickers rarely stay that way from year to year. Plus, breaking a long TD run doesn't count for any more than someone who trips and falls forward at the 1 yard line and gets a TD, so kicking shouldn't be any different. Plus, if the goal around here is to make it as lifelike as possible, all FGs count for 3 regardless.

Despite all this pointless analysis(my school's high school football game just got over and I'm trying to warm up before I go out), it's kind of late to make changes. People drafted based upon the settings of the league, so to change them after the fact is not a good idea. Granted, from the looks of some teams rosters, most owners didn't put a whole lot of time into their draft strategy, but if even one did and it affects that owners team, it wouldn't be in the spirit of the game to change it now.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/02/06 04:55 PM

Okay, I just saw Douche's scoring explanation on Page 1 (July! ) and see the reasoning... never mind!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/03/06 08:18 PM

Quote:
At least [b]you drafted them.

[/b]
No. Drunk Turi doesn't count as me drafting them. Plus I had other things on my mind which I didn't get that night anyway.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/03/06 08:22 PM

Oh yeah and have fun with the next draft you buggers. I can't make it but I'll be thinking of you all. Well not really but I'm anxious to what I'll be auto drafted.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/06/06 02:57 AM

Is there anyone else who would like to play in this league to take my spot? I don't really wanna bail the night before the draft, especially since the league is sitting at a perfect 12 teams right now, but I have a meeting I must attend tomorrow and I fucking hate autodraft. My team is gonna be complete shit, thus I'll have no chance of competing, so what's the point? I just thought I'd throw this out there in case someone else wanted in or another owner wanted out so the league could either stay at 12 or drop to 10.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/06/06 03:23 PM

JB - Is there any way a buddy of yours can draft for you?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/06/06 03:57 PM

Commissioner's Note

Glad to be back, guys. Pretty interesting draft we had for the points league. It's too early to tell but my autodraft makes me nervous. My whole year rests on the gimpy shoulder of Clinton Portis and how I recover from the wasted 3rd round pick of Domanick Davis. My receiver position is a mess as well.

I just wanted to remind you all:

H-2-H Draft is tonight, Wednesday September 6th @ 7:00pm Eastern

Also, I know some of you requested this and I wanted to make sure it's clear before our draft tonight.

Rules on Non-Playing Teams for the Head-to-Head League

Hopefully, we won't have to resort to this since the H-2-H League was by-invite-only and I trust you guys to play the entire year, but if we ever come to a situation like last year where some guys just stop playing to the detriment of the league, I wanted to lay out my rules on it.

Plainly put, it's 2 Strikes and You're Out. Strikes are simple. If in any particular week, you play a player that:

- is on a bye week
- or is clearly not playing and listed as "Out" or "NA" or "IR"
- or you leave any roster positions empty

... you get a strike for that week. If a strike occurs, I will inform the league each Tuesday when I post the scores.

In my opinion, those are the only things that should count as strikes. I am not here to legislate strategy so if you want to play a "Doubtful" DeShaun Foster, go ahead. If you choose not to help yourself through Free Agency, that's your choice. But if you play a player that is clearly not playing, then you're hurting the competitive balance of the league and in the words of Vito, "that, I do not forgive."

Just to be clear, even if you have multiple infractions in the same week (e.g. you have one player on bye, one player on IR, etc...), that still counts as only one strike. Strikes are for weeks, not for individual instances in any particular week.

What happens after you get a second strike? You're out. You will be locked from making any more changes to your team. Control of the team will be shifted to the League of Commissioners (JG, Plaw, DMC and myself) and we will objectively decide on the best team possible from every week thereafter. The locked team will not be able to make any trades and can only make free agent acquisitions if the team is in dire need of filling roster spots (* subject to the Commissioner's discretion). If the locked team is playing someone in the League of Commissioners in any particular week, the playing Commissioner will step aside and the remaining two Commissioners will decide on the locked team's line-up.

There is one way to erase a strike though. If you decide to leave a roster spot open because you believe there were no viable replacements in your line-up or on Free Agency and you can convince me of that by PM or through the boards, then I will erase the strike against you.

Please let me know what you think.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/06/06 05:24 PM

DON CARDI : But I must have strict assurance from Plaw -- as time goes by and his position becomes stronger as a co-commissioner in the league, will he attempt any individual vendetta?

DON MALTA : Look -- we are all reasonable men here; we don't have to give assurances as if we were lawyers...

DON SICILIA : You talk about vengeance -- is vengeance gonna bring your Wide Receiver back to you? Or my Quarterback to me? I forgo the vengeance of my QB -- But I have selfish reasons. My backup QB -- was forced to leave the game, --

(then, as he stands, with SC's assistance)

-- because of this 2 strikes and you're out business. All right -- and I have to make arrangements to bring
him back to my roster -- cleared of all these false charges that he cannot play. But I'm a superstitious man -- and
if some unlucky accident should befall him -- if he should get a shot to the head by one of Cardi's players
-- or if he -- should hang himself in his locker-- or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning -- then I'm going to blame some of the people in this league. And that, I do not forgive.

DON CARDI : Then let me say that I swear -- on the souls of my runningbacks -- that I will not be the one to break the rules that Don Sicilia has made here today...

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/06/06 10:39 PM

Damn computers in my office have Java disabled, so I'm going to attempt to do the draft via my laptop and dial-up. :rolleyes:

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/06/06 10:47 PM

Quote:
League of Commissioners (JG, Plaw and myself)
I guess when you get married you forget how to read whats under a persons avatar

You are nothing to me now, not a Commissioner, not a DS sandwich, not even a douche bag

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/07/06 12:29 AM

Oops, my bad DMC. It's from all the comedy I've been playing, made me absent-minded... :p

Fixed.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/07/06 12:35 AM

Quote:
Oops, my bad DMC. It's from all the comedy I've been playing, made me absent-minded... :p
I don't blame ya

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/07/06 02:00 PM

Great draft last night guys!

I think I speak for Plaw as well (for the points league) but in case we didn't say it earlier...

In regard to waiver position:

We will not be doing it the way Yahoo regularly does it, which is a cumulative positioning initially based on one's draft position.

This year, we are trying something new. Every Tuesday (around the time plaw or I post scores), we will reset the waiver position to the reverse order of whatever Yahoo places us in the standings. For the Head-2-Head league, the standings are sorted by winning percentage, then points. For the Points League, standings are by points. This way, players lower in the standings are given a better chance to improve their teams.

During the week, if teams make waivers, the movement in waiver position will follow standard Yahoo procedure.

I know this sounds a bit muddled, but really, it's pretty straightforward in practice.

As for Week 1, the waiver position will be by reverse order of draft position.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/07/06 02:38 PM

Week 1 - Matchups

PTS = Actual Points
[OPT] = Optimal Points (coulda had)
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
----------------------------
DB   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
JG   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
JL   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
DC   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
CC   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
GO   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
PL   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
FC   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
TU   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
DM   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
RB   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
JB   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  
As a reminder:

DB - Douche Bigelow aka Douchebag aka Don Sicilia aka Da Commish
JG - JGeoff aka Da Don; in League of Commissioners; Favorite catch phrase... "Wanna see my William Hung?"
DC - Don Cardi aka Santino (I believe he got this nickname because of his short temper, not because of anything else :p )
JL - Just Lou aka MOAAFS aka "I'm so good, I don't need any other nicknames"
GO - Goombah or as DMC affectionately calls him, "Michael Jordan"
CC - Bethie aka Crab Cakes aka Crabby aka Mrs. Vinny Castilla
FC - Freddie C, seldom seen around these parts but loyal FFB participant
PL - Plawrence aka Plaw or as JG affectionately calls him, *** ***** ******* or "ODB" for short; aka Da Points Commish
DM - DMC or as JG affectionately calls him, "Huggable Buggaboo" or "Boo" for short; aka Mr. Trish Stratus; In League of Commissioners
TU - Turi aka Da Brit aka Turi Bradshaw; Known for drinking anyone under the table... and over the table for that matter
JB - Jimmy Buffer aka "AutoDraft Hater"... Don't hate the playa, hate the game...
RB - Raggingbull, also seldom seen but loyal

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/07/06 04:34 PM

Quote:

JL - Just Lou aka MOAAFS aka "I'm so good, I don't need any other nicknames"
Well, JG crowned me "MOAFS" (Master Of All Fantasy Sports). I liked it so much, the name has stuck. I just had to modify it to "Master of Almost All Fantasy Sports" since once in a while I let someone else win. :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/07/06 05:55 PM

Quote:
DC - Don Cardi aka Santino (I believe he got this nickname because of his short temper, not because of anything else :p )
Remember, the ladies are the ones who gave me that nickname.

And I'm sure that you'd love to know why they did! :p

But you never will.

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/07/06 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
But you never will.
Small blessings, DC. Small blessings. (Pun intended) :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/07/06 09:29 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] But you never will.
Small blessings, DC. Small blessings. (Pun intended) :p [/b][/quote]Keep it up DS and I may start calling you what everyone else calls you! :p

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/07/06 09:45 PM

You mean "Superman"? :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/08/06 01:06 PM

Quote:
You mean "Superman"? :p

No, I mean Dou.... uh, err.....Douc..... oh hell! I just can't bring myself to call you by that name!

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/08/06 01:43 PM

Thanks, brother!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/08/06 01:57 PM

Week 1 - Scores after Thursday Night Game

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]    (P)
-------------------------
DB   00.00   [00]    (10)  
JG   00.00   [00]    (10)  
JL   11.30   [00]     (9)  
DC   00.00   [00]    (10)  
CC   00.00   [00]    (10)  
GO   02.00   [00]     (9)  
PL   25.64   [00]     (7)  
FC   00.00   [00]    (10)  
TU   12.80   [00]     (9)  
DM    5.00   [00]     (9)  
RB   42.00   [00]     (7)  
JB   00.00   [00]    (10)  

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/08/06 03:50 PM

Quote:
I just can't bring myself to call you by that name!
You will by Week 10!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/10/06 09:35 AM

I'm back and ready to play. I find it funny I reckon my autodrafted team for H2H is probably better than the team I drafted myself for the points only league.

Well except for Priest Holmes being drafted for me.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/10/06 02:51 PM

Lou, are you ready for an ass beating today?

Only thing that sucks is that you have Shockey, Barber and Toomer on your team. And I can't root against my boys tonight!

EDIT : Just scored two tickets for tonights game! Yessssssss!

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/11/06 02:04 PM

Week 1 - Pre-Monday Night Scores

PTS = Actual Points
[OPT] = Optimal Points (coulda had) - Will not post until all players are used up
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   70.47   [91.14]    (0)  Stinker in Week 1
JG   93.96   [00.00]    (1)  Moss left
JL   106.33  [149.52]   (0)  Chicago Defense carries day
DC   63.83   [00.00]    (1)  DC hopes Curtis enough...
CC   89.24   [00.00]    (1)  Needs slight bit of production from Porter
GO   90.97   [116.68]   (0)  Needs SD Defense help
PL   69.34   [00.00]    (2)  Moss and McCardell left
FC   93.78   [111.34]   (0)  Sitting comfortably... for now
TU   42.84   [00.00]    (3)  El, Duckett and Cooley left
DM   74.04   [00.00]    (1)  Not DM's LJ of last year, but LaMont Jordan should be good
RB   91.60   [00.00]    (1)  Close one... Kaeding vs.
JB   92.35   [00.00]    (1)  Gates... Too close to call

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/11/06 04:13 PM

Quote:
Lou, are you ready for an ass beating today?

What was that? I didn't hear you. :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/11/06 04:28 PM

Now that the drafts are over for the two Yahoo fantasy games, and the other "Pick 'Em" games have begun, I'm taking the stickies off of all of them.

(Edit: Oops...looks like JG beat me to it..... )

As far as the updates on the scores for the Points Only Yahoo game, I'm not going to be able to update them all that frequently for those who don't have StatTracker - like at halftime of the 1:00 PM games, then again at 4:00 PM, then again at halftime of the 4:00 PM games, then at the conclusion of the 4:00 PM games.

Possibly an occasional post with an update, but I can't commit to more than that, as DB and JG have done in the past.

If I can, though, I will post the scores as of Monday morning, with the players left going into the Monday Night Game (Which I'm gonna go and do right now).

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/11/06 04:48 PM

To echo Plaw's comments re: scoring, I've found that having a wife leaves me with a lot less time to update the scoring. I can definitely guarantee you a Tuesday morning update, I can almost guarantee you a Monday morning update, but beyond that, I can't guarantee.

To those that don't have it, I definitely recommend StatTracker - best $10 you'll spend.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/11/06 04:50 PM

I'll help when I can, as usual...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/11/06 10:51 PM

Quote:
To echo Plaw's comments re: scoring, I've found that having a wife leaves me with a lot less time to update the scoring.
Trouble in the castle already, huh? :p

Remember.....you are the KING of the Castle....She is nothing but a peasant...what you say goes...fantasy sports takes a back seat to nothing.....

Anyway, here are the scores so far for Week One. I woulda had them posted sooner, but my girlfriend had a few things that she wanted me to do this afternoon.

Code:
Fant   Gangster BB
Sports   Team            Screen         Score     Players  
Abrev.   Name            Name           So Far    Remaining
-
 CC    Bethie's TE       Beth E.        122.16       None
 JG    NJ JGiants        JGeoff         102.13       None
 JL    MOAAFS            Just Lou        94.13     McCardell 
 DB    Douche Bigelow    Don Sicilia     93.68     S. Moss 
 DM    DMC               DonMich.Corl.   92.67     Tomlinson 
 IM    The Sharks          Ice Man       89.57       None
 AL    Sex Panther       Don Alesandrio  85.00       None
 JB    Gutterballs       Jimmy Buffer    81.04     Janikowski 
 TU    Scunthorp Steelrs Turi Guliani    79.74     Randle El, Gates, Duckett
 DC    Cardi's Giants      Don Cardi     59.20        None 
 PL    Black Car Drivers   plawrence     53.44     Jordan, Cooley, Kaeding

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/12/06 06:51 AM

Week 1 - H2H - Final

PTS = Actual Points
[OPT] = Optimal Points (coulda had) - Will not post until all players are used up
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS      [OPT]  (P)
--------------------------
DB   70.47   [91.14]  (0)  Stinker in Week 1 (0-1)
JG   98.66  [118.26]  (0)  Accurately predicted outcome :P
JL  106.33  [149.52]  (0)  Chicago Defense carries day
DC   84.73  [132.51]  (0)  Curtis not enough... (0-1)
CC   89.24  [115.58]  (0)  Nothing from Porter (0-1)
GO   90.97  [120.68]  (0)  Barely hangs on
PL   80.84   [89.92]  (0)  Moss and McCardell not enough
FC   93.78  [111.34]  (0)  Sitting comfortably... (1-0)
TU   46.64   [70.74]  (0)  Brit a bust (0-1)
DM   76.04  [134.23]  (0)  Not DM's LJ of last year
RB  100.60  [110.10]  (0)  Optimal roster woulda done it
JB  100.95  [101.85]  (0)  ...very close win! (1-0)

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/12/06 06:52 AM

I'll try to convert Plaw's chart tomorrow... I'm tired.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/12/06 02:20 PM

Week 1 - Head-to-Head Standings

[W-L-T] = Won-Loss-Tie Record
[Pct] = Winning Percentage
[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

[W-L-T]  [Pct]  [Pts]   [Stk]
JL	1-0-0	1	106.33	W-1
JB	1-0-0	1	100.95	W-1
JG	1-0-0	1	98.66	W-1
FC	1-0-0	1	93.78	W-1
GO	1-0-0	1	90.97	W-1
DM	1-0-0	1	76.04	W-1
RB	0-1-0	0	100.6	L-1
CC	0-1-0	0	89.24	L-1
DC	0-1-0	0	84.73	L-1
PL	0-1-0	0	80.84	L-1
DB	0-1-0	0	70.47	L-1
TU	0-1-0	0	46.64	L-1

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/12/06 03:37 PM

I just moved into my new condo last week and don't have internet yet, and probably won't for awhile thanks to yet another error on the part of my cable and internet provider. I'll try to keep my team active, but last minute changes, like Duckett all of a sudden being out and screwing me in a different league, I might not get to. If this affects the league I apologize. For whatever reason, the internet filter at my school blocks foxsports and yahoo, yet allows me to get in here. You figure it out. That is the reason for my lack of participation in all the ESPN fantasy games I signed up for. I was supposed to have internet as soon as I moved in, but apparently that is too much to ask of someone without an education above the 6th grade. :rolleyes:

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/12/06 03:38 PM

Here are the Points Only standings after Week 1.

JG, feel free to do a chart if you wish, and thank you.

Week 1
Code:
CC     122.16
DM     119.57
DB     103.38
JG     102.13
JL      95.93
TU      92.44
IM      89.57
AL      85.00 
JB      81.04
DC      71.84
PL      64.14

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/12/06 03:48 PM

I thought I'll do plaw a favor and go through the pages to find out who The Sharks is (it was IM) and found that you already did it...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/12/06 03:49 PM

Yeah....sorry about that.

I appreciate the effort, though.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/12/06 04:10 PM

Quote:
I just moved into my new condo last week...
Don't sweat it JB. These last minute roster changes screw everyone once in a while.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/12/06 04:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah....sorry about that.

I appreciate the effort, though.
Is it just me or does anybody read this and think Plaw sounds like Vince Vaughn?

Yeah, it's probably just me.

Too much Old School and Dodgeball...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/12/06 05:19 PM

I can watch Vince Vaughn in anything. The guy is hot. I totally get the attraction with him even though he's fat and ugly.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 06:41 AM

WP changed from 'old order' to 'new order'

First off, I don't know... in the H2H league, is the commish overriding the waiver order, or is this automatic?

I'm wondering - even tho it's H2H -- if the Commish is going to override the waiver order, shouldn't it be by points (team strength) rather than rank (luck of the draw)?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 01:43 PM

JG - Here's what I wrote on September 7:

Quote:
In regard to waiver position:

We will not be doing it the way Yahoo regularly does it, which is a cumulative positioning initially based on one's draft position.

This year, we are trying something new. Every Tuesday (around the time plaw or I post scores), we will reset the waiver position to the reverse order of whatever Yahoo places us in the standings. For the Head-2-Head league, the standings are sorted by winning percentage, then points. For the Points League, standings are by points. This way, players lower in the standings are given a better chance to improve their teams.

During the week, if teams make waivers, the movement in waiver position will follow standard Yahoo procedure.

I know this sounds a bit muddled, but really, it's pretty straightforward in practice.

As for Week 1, the waiver position will be by reverse order of draft position.
I don't know what you mean by "luck of the draw"? Just my opinion, but I feel that winning percentage is just as good an indication of team strength as points, especially in a H-2-H league. Also, points are taken into account when comparing teams with the same records.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 03:07 PM

Speaking about a player on Waivers. I have a question.

If a player is on waivers, let's say until Saturday, and I put in for him on Thursday, why doesn't YAHOO allow it to be a 'Pending' waiver claim?

Instead, Yahoo says that you must wait for the date that the player actually comes off waivers BEFORE you can try to claim him.

Why not allow somone to put in for a player thats already on the player list that clears waivers in say two days or so, and leave it as 'Pending' until that player comes off of waivers? Why should you have to actually wait until the exact day that the player comes off of waivers to actually make the claim on the Yahoo site?

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 03:20 PM

I don't know if I'm understanding you properly, DC.

The way I understand it, if a player is released, he goes on waivers. The waiver designation will be taken off 2 days from the time he is waived. If someone tries to claim this player while he is on waivers, it will say something to the effect of:

"Player A for Player B pending until Sept X"

If no one else tries to claim him or at least if no one else with a higher waiver priority tries to claim him, the team trying to pick up this waived player will get him.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 03:26 PM

Quote:
Speaking about a player on Waivers. I have a question.

If a player is on waivers, let's say until Saturday, and I put in for him on Thursday, why doesn't YAHOO allow it to be a 'Pending' waiver claim?
It is a pending claim. It's just not guaranteed that you'll get him.

Quote:
Instead, Yahoo says that you must wait for the date that the player actually comes off waivers BEFORE you can try to claim him.
The reason for the wait period is two-fold - (i) to give all league participants a chance to see who was waived (otherwise, the guy who checks his league every 5 minutes will have dibs on all waived players) and (ii)to prevent collusion.

Quote:
Why not allow somone to put in for a player thats already on the player list that clears waivers in say two days or so, and leave it as 'Pending' until that player comes off of waivers? Why should you have to actually wait until the exact day that the player comes off of waivers to actually make the claim on the Yahoo site?
You can make your claim anytime the guy has a waiver designation. You just won't know if your waiver claim is a "good" claim (i.e. you actually get the player you want) until the wait period is up.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 03:30 PM

Quote:
If someone tries to claim this player while he is on waivers, it will say something to the effect of:

"Player A for Player B pending until Sept X"

If no one else tries to claim him or at least if no one else with a higher waiver priority tries to claim him, the team trying to pick up this waived player will get him.
Exactly. And Yahoo is NOT allowing me the "Player A for Player B until Sept. X" option.

Instead I am getting an error messege that says

"There was a problem. You cannot pick up this player until he clears waivers. (Error #245)Back to previous page "

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 03:33 PM

Weird, it doesn't do that for me. In fact, I just tried to make a waiver claim on Jerry Porter (just to see if it works) and it worked for me... Let me email Yahoo and see what they say.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Commish

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 03:47 PM

Quote:

[b]"There was a problem. You cannot pick up this player until he clears waivers. (Error #245)Back to previous page "

[/b]
It sounds like you're trying to pick up a player you waived yourself. If you waive someone, then you have to wait until he clears waivers before reclaiming him.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 03:56 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]

[b]"There was a problem. You cannot pick up this player until he clears waivers. (Error #245)Back to previous page "

[/b]
It sounds like you're trying to pick up a player you waived yourself. If you waive someone, then you have to wait until he clears waivers before reclaiming him. [/b][/quote]Thank you Lou. That explains exactly why I received that error messege.

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 04:00 PM

I learned that lesson early on in the baseball game.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 04:05 PM

Nice catch, JL.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 04:39 PM

Quote:
Nice catch, JL.
Yes JL, nice catch. Last year DS would have immedeatly given the answer that you gave. But now that he's married, well..... :p

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/14/06 08:47 PM

Quote:
Yes JL, nice catch. Last year DS would have immedeatly given the answer that you gave. But now that he's married, well..... :p
Har dee har har... :p

If you're interested, here's the response Yahoo gave me...

Quote:
Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Fantasy Sports.

You cannot make a waiver claim on a player you initially dropped. The
rest of the league has first shot. If they should become a free agent,
then the team can add the player. Enjoy the season.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Bruce

Yahoo! Customer Care

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/15/06 03:57 PM

Quote:
Here's the current scoring for the Points league. Perhaps we should review this before the game starts...

Offensive Fumble Return TD (0) [b]zero?

[/b]
I just saw this, sorry for the delay.

I know DMC had a similiar question... To be honest, I don't know why that's zero. I set up the scoring on the H2H league. I put "Offensive Fumble Return TD" at 6 and plaw was supposed to copy it on the Points League, but Yahoo must have not registered properly.

Plaw?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/15/06 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
JG I'm assuming the fumble recovery for a touchdown is zero because the player would get 3 points for the fumble recovery and then 6 for the touchdown through the other scoring system. Thats what I'm assuming though, commish?
In Yahoo's example, if Priest Holmes runs to the opponent's 5-yard line and fumbles, Tony Gonzalez would be credited with an offensive fumble return touchdown if he were to recover the fumble and score a touchdown. At least in H2H, TG would get credit for 6 points only. Only Defenses can score 3 points off of fumbles.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/15/06 04:12 PM

Week 2 - Matchups

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Tough matchup vs. #1 Scoring Team in Week 1
JL   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Wants to keep train rollin'
JG   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Won despite Alexander performance
JB   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Looking for a more comfortable win
CC   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Looking for first win
DC   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  He is too
PL   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Looking to bounce back
GO   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Successful start to GBB Fantasy Sports
TU   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  At least the Steelers won
FC   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Thinks Brady Quinn is a wuss
RB   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Hard Week 1 loss
DM   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Winning streak (started last year) still going
Posted By: goombah

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/17/06 12:08 PM

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/18/06 02:15 PM

Week 2 - Pre-MNF Football

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   96.26   [96.26]    (0)  Tough matchup indeed
JL  117.09   [00.00]    (1)  Hines Ward left
JG  116.36  [123.16]    (0)  Big day from McNabb
JB   95.72   [98.92]    (0)  Loss compounded by TO injury
CC   93.88  [115.30]    (1)  Wilford vs.
DC   93.93  [116.03]    (1)  Holmes
PL   90.21  [105.09]    (0)  Go PL!
GO  122.68  [145.19]    (1)  Kicker left
TU   74.42  [107.91]    (2)  Parker and Najeh enough?
FC   94.79  [131.29]    (0)  Hopes they aren't
RB   98.40  [113.60]    (3)  Fred Taylor, Miller, and Pitt D
DM   70.44  [102.14]    (1)  Jones left

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/18/06 02:27 PM

Commissioner's Note

I will send RB a PM, but normally, he starting Trent Green this week would be a strike against him. But he won't this week mainly because I'm still working out the system and there's no way to know if the "O" designation was put on Green right before his game (where it would have been a difficult piece of news to catch) or if it was placed on him sometime during the week (where he should have caught it).

In any case, from here on out:

I will check rosters every Friday early evening (5 PM Eastern) and I will note who has an O, NA, or IR designation. If any of these players are playing on your team on Sunday and they still have these designations, you will get a strike. As before, if you play a player on bye week, that gets a strike as well.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/19/06 06:43 PM

Week 2 - Final Results

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   96.26   [96.26]    (0)  Tough matchup indeed
JL  119.99  [156.14]    (0)  2-0
JG  116.36  [123.16]    (0)  Big day from McNabb
JB   95.72   [98.92]    (0)  Loss compounded by TO injury
CC   96.58  [121.20]    (0)  Wins a close one
DC   95.43  [116.23]    (0)  Holmes not enough
PL   90.21  [105.09]    (0)  Go PL!
GO  122.68  [153.19]    (0)  Wins again
TU   77.02  [110.51]    (0)  Stole a boat? Needs to steal an offense
FC   94.79  [131.29]    (0)  Wins again
RB  123.60  [125.37]    (0)  Didn't need QB
DM   77.74  [105.54]    (0)  First loss in a while

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/19/06 06:46 PM

Week 2 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

[W-L-T]  [Pct]  [Pts]   [Stk]
JL	2-0-0	 1.000 	226.32	W-2
JG	2-0-0	 1.000 	215.02	W-2
GO	2-0-0	 1.000 	213.65	W-2
FC	2-0-0	 1.000 	188.57	W-2
RB	1-1-0	 0.500 	224.2	W-1
JB	1-1-0	 0.500 	196.67	L-1
CC	1-1-0	 0.500 	185.82	W-1
DM	1-1-0	 0.500 	153.78	L-1
DC	0-2-0	 -    	180.16	L-2
PL	0-2-0	 -    	171.05	L-2
DB	0-2-0	 -    	166.73	L-2
TU	0-2-0	 -    	123.66	L-2

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/19/06 06:49 PM

Week 2 - Points League Standings

Code:

DM	249.81
CC	235.02
JL	234.52
JG	215.55
IM	202.85
DB	190.75
TU	184.42
DA	178.69
JB	172.86
PL	172.38
DC	154.9

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/19/06 06:51 PM

Quote:
TU 77.02 [110.51] (0) Stole a boat? Needs to steal an offense
FC 94.79 [131.29] (0) Wins again

I don't know why, but seeing the letters TU and FC together like that makes we want to say F U!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/22/06 08:02 PM

Week 3 - Matchups

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/22/06 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
[b] TU 77.02 [110.51] (0) Stole a boat? Needs to steal an offense
FC 94.79 [131.29] (0) Wins again

I don't know why, but seeing the letters TU and FC together like that makes we want to say F U! [/b][/quote]Then you'd be FUCT!!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/22/06 10:48 PM

rematch of last years finals.....

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/29/06 04:53 PM

Douche - I am really sorry I lost Week 3's results... any chance you still have them elsewhere?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/29/06 05:24 PM

Week 3 - Points League Standings

Code:

WK3    TOTAL

DM    89.99   339.80    
IM   132.23   335.08
JG   113.09   328.64
JL    79.99   314.51
CC    75.16   310.18
TU   118.42   302.84
DB   106.48   297.23
JB   103.53   276.39
DA    95.02   273.71
PL    74.38   246.76
DC    91.24   246.14

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/29/06 05:41 PM

Week 3 - FINAL

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]   (P)
DB  107.63   [00.00]  (0)  
CC   58.62   [00.00]  (0)  
JG   90.06   [00.00]  (0)  
JL   92.79   [00.00]  (0)  
PL   88.57   [00.00]  (0)  
DC   59.92   [00.00]  (0)  
TU  109.33   [00.00]  (0)  
GO  137.43   [00.00]  (0)  
RB   76.70   [00.00]  (0)  
FC   94.32   [00.00]  (0)  
DM  136.88   [00.00]  (0)  
JB   80.79   [00.00]  (0)  

H2H Standings
Code:

[W-L-T]   [Pct]   [Pts]   [Stk]

GO    3-0-0   1.000   351.08	W-3
JL    3-0-0   1.000   319.11	W-3
FC    3-0-0   1.000   282.89	W-3
JG    2-1-0    .667   305.08	L-1
DM    2-1-0    .667   290.66	W-1
RB    1-2-0    .333   300.90	L-1
JB    1-2-0    .333   277.46	L-2
DB    1-2-0    .333   274.36	W-1
PL    1-2-0    .333   259.62	W-1
CC    1-2-0    .333   244.44	L-1
DC    0-3-0    .000   240.08	L-3
TU    0-3-0    .000   232.99	L-3

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/29/06 09:18 PM

Quote:
Douche - I am really sorry I lost Week 3's results... any chance you still have them elsewhere?
I was going to re-do them, but you got to it first. Thanks JG!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/29/06 09:20 PM

Week 4 - Matchups

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/29/06 10:20 PM

Quote:
I was going to re-do them, but you got to it first. Thanks JG!
...and what a pain in the ass it was! But I figured why should you suffer.

But I suppose we don't have the OPT PTS info any more, right? No big deal...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/29/06 10:20 PM

Looks like it's crabcake and porkchop this weekend.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/29/06 10:23 PM

Quote:
Looks like it's crabcake and porkchop this weekend.
Ooo baby! You bring the apple sauce and I'll bring the horseradish.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 09/30/06 01:06 PM

A man after my own heart.

Better yet. Why don't you bring the humble pie and I'll bring the can of whoop ass!

(Did that even sound a little convincing)?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/02/06 02:37 PM

Week 4 - Pre-MNF

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB  116.81   [00.00]    (1)  Jennings vs.
PL   96.57   [00.00]    (1)  Brown
JG   79.00   [00.00]    (2)  McNabb and Driver left
CC   65.56   [85.06]    (0)  Had crabcakes eaten for dinner 
JL  115.70  [140.91]    (0)  Congrats on engagement!
JB  105.11  [131.92]    (0)  Loses tough one
TU  136.08  [136.08]    (0)  Played it perfectly
DC   99.76  [101.76]    (0)  Score would have beaten lots of other teams
RB   79.44   [83.44]    (0)  Welcome back!
GO   86.04   [93.54]    (0)  Remains undefeated
DM   66.99   [00.00]    (2)  Westbrook, LJ Smith enough vs...
FC   96.72   [00.00]    (1)  Philly defense?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/02/06 02:38 PM

Quote:
CC 65.56 [85.06] (0) Had crabcakes eaten for dinner
At least The Ravens are winning.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/02/06 02:39 PM

So are Da Bears!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/02/06 02:42 PM

Quote:
So are Da Bears!
I know I've seen. WOW! I guess Rex isn't all tha Gross - man!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/03/06 02:01 PM

Week 4 - Final

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB  125.41  [136.11]    (0)  Ups record to .500
PL  103.67  [131.21]    (0)  Welcome back! :)
JG  122.50  [124.60]    (0)  Emphatic win
CC   65.56   [85.06]    (0)  Had crabcakes eaten for dinner 
JL  115.70  [140.91]    (0)  Congrats on engagement!
JB  105.11  [131.92]    (0)  Loses tough one
TU  136.08  [136.08]    (0)  Played it perfectly
DC   99.76  [101.76]    (0)  Score would have beaten lots of other teams
RB   79.44   [83.44]    (0)  Welcome back!
GO   86.04   [93.54]    (0)  Remains undefeated
DM   70.79  [105.14]    (0)  Tough week
FC  113.72  [127.82]    (0)  Remains undefeated

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/03/06 02:02 PM

Quote:
CC 65.56 [85.06] (0) Had crabcakes eaten for dinner
And I didn't even get a nibble of a porkchop.

DB, how ya feeling with Dusty getting let go from The Cubbies?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/03/06 02:05 PM

Week 4 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

[W-L-T]  [Pct]   [Pts]   [Stk]
GO	4-0-0	 1.000 	437.12	W-4
JL	4-0-0	 1.000 	434.81	W-4
FC	4-0-0	 1.000 	396.61	W-4
JG	3-1-0	 0.750 	427.58	W-1
DB	2-2-0	 0.500 	399.77	W-2
DM	2-2-0	 0.500 	361.45	L-1
JB	1-3-0	 0.250 	382.57	L-3
RB	1-3-0	 0.250 	380.34	L-2
TU	1-3-0	 0.250 	369.07	W-1
PL	1-3-0	 0.250 	363.29	L-1
CC	1-3-0	 0.250 	310.00	L-2
DC	0-4-0	 -    	339.84	L-4

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/03/06 02:09 PM

Week 4 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]         [Week]
JG	 440.19 	 111.55 
JL	 435.61 	 121.10 
JB	 434.67 	 158.28 
CC	 424.88 	 114.70 
DB	 415.12 	 117.89 
DM	 411.81 	  72.01 
DA	 398.75 	 125.04 
TU	 387.80 	  84.96 
IM	 383.62 	  48.54 
DC	 329.96 	  83.82 
PL	 299.25 	  52.49 

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/03/06 02:17 PM

Quote:
DB, how ya feeling with Dusty getting let go from The Cubbies?
In Dusty we don't trusty!

It was time for a change. He's turned from a "player's coach" to a "player's apologist."

What really needs to change though is the Tribune Company ownership of the Cubs. For far too long, the only thing the present ownership cares about is that the stadium is full and are only willing to make the one or two moves every offseason that will keep it that way (I'm sure you can relate with me on that one, Bethie). This mentality does not build championships.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/03/06 02:20 PM

Quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beth E:
[qb] DB, how ya feeling with Dusty getting let go from The Cubbies? For far too long, the only thing the present ownership cares about is that the stadium is full and are only willing to make the one or two moves every offseason that will keep it that way (I'm sure you can relate with me on that one, Bethie). This mentality does not build championships.
Sure. The only difference is our ownership doesn't even care about filling seats.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/06/06 04:20 PM

Week 5 - Matchups

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/06/06 04:50 PM

Of course I'm the one playing Plaw this week, right? As I'm positive that he wouldn't want anyone to throw a game for his benefit, I'll gladly (try to) kick his ass this week. He'd rather lose fair-and-square than get a cheap win. And heck, he may just kick my ass anyway!

Commish Committee: Please be sure his roster is top-notch, even if you have to make some pick-ups...!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/06/06 07:29 PM

Commissioner's Note

Since the start of the season, I've been rooting for Plaw's team to win more than any other, including mine. As we've been doing for the last couple of weeks, the League of Commissioners has been managing his teams to make them as competitive as possible.

Just to let you all know how we've been doing it, every Friday, I've been conferring with DMC and DC to make lineup decisions in both leagues. This week, we're putting our collective heads together to make sure JG gets creamed!

I want to say a big thank you to these guys. You've been great!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/06/06 11:40 PM

Pfft... I'm gonna beat The Committee! :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/07/06 03:42 PM

Quote:
Pfft... I'm gonna beat The Committee! :p
And when he doesn't its going to be the client who owes The Committee an apology!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/08/06 05:42 PM

Quote:

Chris Brown: Surprise Scratch
Sunday, October 8, 2006

Update: Brown is inactive for Sunday's game against the Colts.

Recommendation: Brown wasn't even on the injury report, so this is a surprise. Travis Henry gets the start in his place.
:rolleyes:

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/08/06 11:46 PM

I know Plaw had a hand in that last interception so Jones didn't have a chance to score! And making sure Brown was out of the game for no apparent reason. :p

But in any event - it was close - but Plaw wins...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/08/06 11:50 PM

Quote:
I know Plaw had a hand in that last interception so Jones didn't have a chance to score! And making sure Brown was out of the game for no apparent reason. :p

But in any event - it was close - but Plaw wins...
Atta boy, PL.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/10/06 02:47 PM

For whatever reason, the standings on our Yahoo page hasn't updated. I'll post final scores and standings once they are. Sorry for the delay, guys.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/10/06 05:15 PM

Week 5 - Final

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   74.56   [92.56]    (0)  Blitz by Brit
TU  128.08  [128.08]    (0)  Doused DB
JG   98.33  [107.43]    (0)  The Committee demands an apology! :p
PL  101.50  [116.80]    (0)  Wins!
JL  101.39  [119.69]    (0)  Remains undefeated
CC   81.12  [101.92]    (0)  Tough matchup
RB   90.16   [99.76]    (0)  Vows to win league
DC   79.90   [81.93]    (0)  Remains winless
DM   79.42   [79.42]    (0)  Slump continues
GO  111.48  [116.34]    (0)  Remains undefeated
FC   92.98  [102.08]    (0)  Remains undefeated
JB   79.14   [80.14]    (0)  Looking to rebound

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/10/06 05:50 PM

Week 5 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

GO	5-0-0	 1.000 	548.6	W-5
JL	5-0-0	 1.000 	536.2	W-5
FC	5-0-0	 1.000 	489.59	W-5
JG	3-2-0	 0.600 	525.91	L-1
TU	2-3-0	 0.400 	497.15	W-2
DB	2-3-0	 0.400 	474.33	L-1
RB	2-3-0	 0.400 	470.5	W-1
PL	2-3-0	 0.400 	464.79	W-1
DM	2-3-0	 0.400 	440.87	L-2
JB	1-4-0	 0.200 	461.71	L-4
CC	1-4-0	 0.200 	391.12	L-3
DC	0-5-0	 -    	419.74	L-5

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/10/06 05:52 PM

Week 5 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]     [Week]
JL	532.8	     97.19
DB	528.25	    113.53
DM	519.67	    107.86
JG	518.9	     78.71
JB	515.65	     80.98
CC	505.11	     80.23
IM	495.5	    111.88
DA	480.28	     81.48
TU	456.92	     69.12
DC	412.94	     82.98
PL	409.67	    110.42

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/10/06 07:26 PM

DMC and DC - our next target... JL!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/11/06 01:26 AM

0 - 5 - 0 in Head to Head. My team SUCKS!

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/11/06 01:58 PM

Your team doesn't suck.

You've just been unlucky... Scheduling... Injuries...

OK, OK, your team does suck. :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/11/06 07:42 PM

I wish the team I had in my $$ league had the record that my BB team has. And I think my luck is about to run out this weekend for the BB league as well.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/11/06 08:37 PM

With GO facing FC, one undefeated team will suffer his first loss. Since JL is going to lose as well ( :p ), that'll be two undefeated teams going down this weekend.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/12/06 11:27 AM

Quote:
Your team doesn't suck.

You've just been unlucky...
OK, OK, your team does suck. :p
Don Sicilia : "Your team loses points -- maybe we can do better..."

Don Cardi : "You think I'm shavin' points off the top, DS?

Don Sicilia : "You're unlucky"

Don Cardi : "You goddamn commissioners really make me laugh -- I do you a favor and take Bledsoe in when he's having a bad time, and then you try to push my team out!"

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/12/06 01:51 PM

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/12/06 05:50 PM

A continuation to Don Cardi's last post:

Bledsoe to T.O.:

"You son of a bitch! You know who I am? I'm Drew Bledsoe. I was throwing interceptions under Parcells back when you were dropping passes over the middle and accusing your first quarterback of being gay.'"

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/13/06 03:34 PM

Week 6 - Matchups

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Hurt by bye week...
RB   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Looking to even record
JG   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Trying to avoid...
TU   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  ... picturing Turi's arse
JL   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  League of Commish's next target
PL   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  PL for playoffs!
CC   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  AC Slater - Dancing Champion
JB   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Loves Kelly Kapowski
DM   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Trish - just for the heck of it
DC   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  M-E-T-S, mets, Mets, METS
FC   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  Battle of undefeateds...
GO   00.00   [00.00]    (10)  ... feeling uneasy about this week

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/16/06 06:14 AM

Reggie Brown

I think "The Committee" (lucked out and) created a record-breaking week w/ 138 pts!

...can MOAAFS catch up Mon?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/16/06 02:27 PM

Week 6 - Pre MNF

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB  110.03   [00.00]    (1)  Edge enough? Probably not :(
RB  128.18  [141.64]    (0)  Strong week
JG   82.18   [82.58]    (0)  Calls Turi "butter"...
TU  110.40   [00.00]    (1)  ... 'cause he's on a roll
JL   80.20   [00.00]    (3)  Grossman, Berrian, Chicago D left
PL  138.22  [154.72]    (0)  PL for playoffs!
CC   87.78  [120.48]    (0)  Tough matchup
JB  103.81   [00.00]    (1)  Yahoo glitch makes him miss K?
DM   80.40   [82.80]    (0)  Defending champ losing it?
DC   93.17   [00.00]    (2)  In line for first win! :)
FC  103.50   [00.00]    (1)  Moose left
GO   97.50   [00.00]    (1)  DClark enough to overcome 6 pt deficit?
[ Just making that long line a bit shorter --JG ]

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/16/06 04:24 PM

Someone (*coughdb*) here is funny: Once a week I get 2 emails with the subject "Fantasy Football". One is a trade proposal. The other? A cancellation of the trade proposal an hour later! Every week! :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/16/06 04:34 PM

Well, I figured you wouldn't accept McNair for McNabb. Wait... Would you?? :p

I'm just revising my trade offers so I don't waste your time.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/16/06 04:51 PM

Don't ask for McNabb and you'll save us both time!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/16/06 04:53 PM

Actually, I wasn't asking for McNabb... I was targetting your oft-injured and wholly-unreliable running back, Shaun Alexander. :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/17/06 01:12 PM

I lost by 1/10 of a point this week. I would rather have had my clock cleaned than lose by such a close margin.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/17/06 01:34 PM

Quote:
Someone (*coughdb*) here is funny: Once a week I get 2 emails with the subject "Fantasy Football". One is a trade proposal. The other? A cancellation of the trade proposal an hour later! Every week! :p
Funny, I'm getting those e-mails also. Think it's the same person that's sending them to both of us?

Hey, I finally got my first win of the season in HtH!!!!

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/17/06 02:13 PM

Week 6 - Final

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB  113.23  [127.72]    (0)  Edge enough? Nope :(
RB  128.18  [141.64]    (0)  Strong week
JG   82.18   [82.58]    (0)  Calls Turi "butter"...
TU  116.40  [132.20]    (0)  ... 'cause he's on a roll
JL   94.18  [121.04]    (0)  Suffers first loss
PL  138.22  [154.72]    (0)  PL for playoffs!
CC   87.78  [120.48]    (0)  Tough matchup
JB  109.11  [118.11]    (0)  Yahoo glitch makes him miss K?
DM   80.40   [82.80]    (0)  Defending champ losing it?
DC  120.47  [125.97]    (0)  First win! :)
FC  103.70  [110.00]    (0)  Wins by...
GO  103.60  [106.11]    (0)  ... the skin of his teeth

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/17/06 02:18 PM

Week 6 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

FC	6-0-0	1.000	593.29	W-6
GO	5-1-0	0.833	652.20	L-1
JL	5-1-0	0.833	630.38	L-1
TU	3-3-0	0.500	613.55	W-3
JG	3-3-0	0.500	608.09	L-2
PL	3-3-0	0.500	603.01	W-2
RB	3-3-0	0.500	598.68	W-2
DB	2-4-0	0.333	587.56	L-2
JB	2-4-0	0.333	570.92	W-1
DM	2-4-0	0.333	521.27	L-3
DC	1-5-0	0.167	540.21	W-1
CC	1-5-0	0.167	478.90	L-4
[ I couldn't stand it any longer! --JG ]

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/17/06 02:20 PM

Week 6 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]          [Week]
JB	 653.35 	 137.70 
CC	 650.49 	 144.38 
DB	 630.75 	 102.50 
DM	 629.89 	 110.22 
JG	 621.57 	 102.67 
IM	 601.32 	 105.82 
JL	 587.98 	  55.18 
TU	 576.48 	 119.56 
DA	 571.78 	  91.40 
DC	 509.63 	  96.69 
PL	 509.07 	  99.40 

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/17/06 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
I lost by 1/10 of a point this week. I would rather have had my clock cleaned than lose by such a close margin.
A tenth of a point. Wow. To put this in perspective, Goombah would have won if he had an additional:

- 2 yards of rushing or
- 2 yards of receiving or
- 5 yard completion by his QB

I'm sure you knew this already. :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/17/06 10:37 PM

Hey Douche - Didn't your 4th grade math teacher teach you to carry out all your decimals to the same degree? :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/17/06 10:40 PM

Quote:
Hey Douche - Didn't your 4th grade math teacher teach you to carry out all your decimals to the same degree? :p
She did. I forgot to set it before I copied and pasted from Excel. :p

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/19/06 10:10 PM

For those of you who haven't noticed, we've set up the official GBB Yahoo Fantasy Basketball league.

For details, please click here:

GBB Fantasy Basketball

Feel free to join!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/20/06 07:29 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by goombah:
[b] I lost by 1/10 of a point this week. I would rather have had my clock cleaned than lose by such a close margin.
A tenth of a point. Wow. To put this in perspective, Goombah would have won if he had an additional:

- 2 yards of rushing or
- 2 yards of receiving or
- 5 yard completion by his QB

I'm sure you knew this already. :p [/b][/quote]You mean if that idiot Grossman didn't overshoot his receivers all night long? I had the Bears TE going last week.

I started Grossman in my other league over Hasselback and Grossman killed what could have been a good week.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/20/06 09:22 PM

Week 7 - Matchups

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/24/06 02:04 PM

I'll update the scores once Yahoo gets its act together. Sorry for the delay!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/24/06 06:24 PM

Week 7 - Final

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   90.18  [123.08]    (0)  
DM   82.47   [85.57]    (0)  
JG  106.42  [109.32]    (0)  
RB   78.72   [87.08]    (0)  
JL  157.41  [162.51]    (0)  
TU   78.26  [111.96]    (0)  
CC   55.20   [69.67]    (0)  
PL   81.62   [84.72]    (0)  
FC  122.40  [129.46]    (0)  
DC  154.70  [154.70]    (0)  
GO   93.90  [106.80]    (0)  
JB  101.44  [113.84]    (0)  

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/24/06 06:27 PM

Week 7 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

[W-L-T]  [Pct]     [Pts]        [Stk]
JG	6-1-0	0.857	 787.61 	W-1
FC	6-1-0	0.857	 715.69 	L-1
GO	5-2-0	0.714	 746.10 	L-2
JG	4-3-0	0.571	 714.51 	W-1
PL	4-3-0	0.571	 684.63 	W-3
TU	3-4-0	0.429	 691.81 	L-1
DB	3-4-0	0.429	 677.84 	W-1
RB	3-4-0	0.429	 677.50 	L-1
JB	3-4-0	0.429	 672.76 	W-2
DC	2-5-0	0.286	 694.91 	W-2
DM	2-5-0	0.286	 603.74 	L-4
CC	1-6-0	0.143	 534.10 	L-5

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/24/06 06:30 PM

Week 7 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]          [Week]
CC	 782.71 	 132.22 
JG	 766.31 	 144.74 
JB	 762.31 	 108.96 
DM	 713.11 	  83.22 
IM	 708.92 	 107.60 
JL	 699.11 	 111.31 
DB	 687.17 	  56.42 
DA	 663.38 	  91.20 
TU	 645.05 	  68.27 
PL	 622.24 	 114.17 
DC	 599.69 	  89.96 

[ Lined up decimals --JG ]

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/24/06 07:04 PM

Hey douche... didn't your 4th grade math teacher teach you to line up your decimals, too? (I know, blame it on Excel... )

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/28/06 11:49 PM

You guys still playing or what? Gotta get that Committee straightened out before tomorrow afternoon...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/30/06 07:06 AM

You really have to be F'ing kidding me with a 0.56 pt loss, freakin' CAROLINA (-4)!!!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/30/06 02:39 PM

Week 8 - Pre-MNF

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   72.72   [00.00]    (1)  
FC  116.74  [126.44]    (0)  
JG   80.26  [111.56]    (0)  
DM   77.82  [105.92]    (0)  
JL   94.70  [121.63]    (0)  
RB   88.86   [89.86]    (0)  
CC   74.20   [00.00]    (1)  
TU  116.23   [00.00]    (2)  
PL   55.62   [00.00]    (1)  
JB  103.37   [00.00]    (1)  
GO   91.53   [00.00]    (2)  
DC   88.60   [00.00]    (2)  

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/30/06 05:03 PM

WOAH!! You serious?? After the audit I won??

Is that my patented Anti-Jinx or what?!!
Or, did the Football gods just piss all over DMC's "win"??

Sorry, buddy.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/30/06 05:25 PM

That's really weird.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/30/06 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

WOAH!! You serious?? After the audit I won??

Is that my patented Anti-Jinx or what?!!
Or, did the Football gods just piss all over DMC's "win"??

Sorry, buddy.

abCdeFghijklmNopqrstuvwxyz

Figure it out

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/30/06 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia
Week 8 - Pre-MNF

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
GO   91.53   [00.00]    (2)  
DC   88.60   [00.00]    (2)  

Can Cardi make it three wins in a row?

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/30/06 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Can Cardi make it three wins in a row?

That'd give you 3 wins total, right?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/31/06 01:12 PM

DC should have won if Chester Taylor & Brad Johnson didn't have such a lousy showing. I thought for sure I would have lost heading into the game with things being so close.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/31/06 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: goombah
DC should have won if Chester Taylor & Brad Johnson didn't have such a lousy showing. I thought for sure I would have lost heading into the game with things being so close.

Dose Focking whores! Maricones!

Your TE Watson having a 15 pt. game on top of Johnson and Taylor's horrible game is what beat me.

You beat me by 14.41 pts.!

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/31/06 10:06 PM

Just curious, how come the football scores in the "Bug Thread" has something added about someone kicking my butt?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 10/31/06 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone
Just curious, how come the football scores in the "Bug Thread" has something added about someone kicking my butt?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/01/06 03:15 PM

Week 8 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

[W-L-T]  [Pct]    [Pts] [Stk]
JL	7-1-0	 0.875 	882.31	W-2
FC	7-1-0	 0.875 	832.43	W-1
GO	6-2-0	 0.750 	854.13	W-1
JG	5-3-0	 0.625 	794.77	W-2
TU	4-4-0	 0.500 	820.64	W-1
JB	4-4-0	 0.500 	776.23	W-3
PL	4-4-0	 0.500 	767.25	L-1
RB	3-5-0	 0.375 	766.36	L-2
DB	3-5-0	 0.375 	758.86	L-1
DC	2-6-0	 0.250 	788.53	L-1
DM	2-6-0	 0.250 	681.56	L-5
CC	1-7-0	 0.125 	645.93	L-6

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/01/06 03:17 PM

Week 8 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]          [Week]
JB	 887.14         124.83 
JG	 856.01 	 89.70 
CC	 854.87 	 72.16 
DM	 850.13 	137.02 
JL	 810.91 	111.80 
IM	 805.75 	 96.83 
DA	 784.72 	121.34 
DB	 772.95 	 88.88 
TU	 770.48 	125.43 
PL	 738.16 	115.92 
DC	 665.25 	 65.56 

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/06/06 02:58 PM

Week 9 - Pre MNF

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB  124.42  [126.82]    (0)  
GO   82.79   [98.29]    (0)  
JG   71.77   [00.00]    (1)  
FC   88.76   [96.82]    (0)  
JL  114.23  [134.44]    (0)  
DM   95.47   [00.00]    (2)  
CC   85.33   [93.10]    (0)  
RB   93.78   [00.00]    (1)  
PL   93.96   [00.00]    (1)  
TU  109.83  [119.23]    (0)  
DC  133.97  [139.58]    (0)  
JB  103.93  [112.69]    (0)  

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/07/06 03:22 PM

Week 9 - Final

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB  124.42  [126.82]    (0)  Underdog wins
GO   82.79   [98.29]    (0)  Brief hiccup
JG   79.37   [84.37]    (0)  Uneasy early feeling realized
FC   88.76   [96.82]    (0)  Lucky win
JL  114.23  [134.44]    (0)  He just keeps going
DM  102.77  [104.77]    (0)  Pittsburgh Steelers of the GBB
CC   85.33   [93.10]    (0)  Team not performing
RB   97.38  [113.44]    (0)  Another win
PL  116.96  [120.96]    (0)  What a comeback!
TU  109.83  [119.23]    (0)  Unlucky loss
DC  133.97  [139.58]    (0)  Strong team led by LDT
JB  103.93  [112.69]    (0)  Unlucky loss

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/07/06 03:26 PM

Week 9 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

[W-L-T]  [Pct]    [Pts]         [Stk]
JL	8-1-0	0.889	 996.54 	W-3
FC	8-1-0	0.889	 921.19 	W-2
GO	6-3-0	0.667	 936.92 	L-1
PL	5-4-0	0.556	 884.21 	W-1
JG	5-4-0	0.556	 874.14 	L-1
TU	4-5-0	0.444	 930.47 	L-1
DB	4-5-0	0.444	 883.28 	W-1
JB	4-5-0	0.444	 880.16 	L-1
RB	4-5-0	0.444	 863.74 	W-1
DC	3-6-0	0.333	 922.50 	W-1
DM	2-7-0	0.222	 784.33 	L-6
CC	1-8-0	0.111	 731.26 	L-7

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/07/06 03:28 PM

Week 9 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]          [Week]
JB     1,006.07 	 118.93 
DM	 985.52 	 135.39 
CC	 975.16 	 120.29 
JG	 959.13 	 103.12 
IM	 954.04 	 148.29 
DB	 905.93 	 131.38 
JL	 902.64 	  91.73 
DA	 875.08 	  90.36 
PL	 824.83 	  86.67 
TU	 818.41 	  47.93 
DC	 730.53 	  65.28 

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/07/06 05:34 PM

Thanks for that thorough ass-whipping last week, Don Sicilia.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/07/06 07:39 PM

Couldn't have picked a better name for myself DS

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/07/06 08:46 PM

Thanks for that thorough ass-whipping last week, Don Sicilia.

As plaw (or was it MC) liked to say, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then."

I personally prefer Charles Barkley's "even a broken clock is right twice a day."

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/08/06 05:02 PM

Commissioner Reminder

The deadline to complete trades in both leagues is Friday, Nov 17.

So DC, if you really, really want Doug Gabriel (in exchange for LaDanian of course), better send me your trades quickly!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/08/06 07:29 PM

DS

I'm really thinking that you should take Tatum Bell now from me.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/08/06 08:50 PM

You guys should always take my trades. History has shown that those I trade with always benefit more than I do.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/08/06 10:17 PM

The majority of players in our leagues don't even respond to trade offers.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/09/06 02:53 PM

You guys should always take my trades. History has shown that those I trade with always benefit more than I do.

The best trade I ever made was in '04 by acquiring Peyton Manning. This was the year he set the TD record. I got him for Warrick Dunn and Joey Harrington. This guy really needed a RB b/c his primary RB, Jamal Lewis, was headed to serve his jail sentence. Plus he had McNabb at QB, who was going beserk.
Long story short, I had Manning, TO & Alexander and ran away with the league.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/09/06 04:40 PM

Since the boss didn't approve of this discussion in the Help section...

Care to wager something on the Giants / Bears game? .....and then double or nothing on the head to head game?

Don Cardi

I'm usually loathe to wager on football games with money.

How about something more interesting? Way back when, Big Daddy, Buffy, Plaw and I would sometimes wager signatures or titles... e.g. instead of "Underboss", it would say something like "Plaw is my fantasy god" for a couple of months.

Another bet involved the loser writing poetry dedicated to the winning team/poster.

Who says quality on this board is declining?

What do you think? Any other ideas?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/09/06 04:48 PM

The best trade I ever made was in '04 by acquiring Peyton Manning. This was the year he set the TD record. I got him for Warrick Dunn and Joey Harrington. This guy really needed a RB b/c his primary RB, Jamal Lewis, was headed to serve his jail sentence. Plus he had McNabb at QB, who was going beserk.
Long story short, I had Manning, TO & Alexander and ran away with the league.

That's a pretty bad trade. Joey friggin Harrington??

Not quite as bad as the following trade that happened last year (JG remembers this quite well ):

PL trades TJ Ford, Ron Artest, Nick Collison, and Antoine Walker to JG for Lebron James, Kyle Korver, Wally Szczerbiak, and Speedy Claxton.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/10/06 04:48 PM

Week 10 - Matchups

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/13/06 03:15 PM

Week 10 - Matchups

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   94.89  [106.58]    (0)  DC beat me fair and square
DC  120.68  [132.28]    (0)  Daaaaa Bears! ;)
JG   75.07   [00.00]    (1)  
GO   80.29   [00.00]    (1)  
JL   73.76  [111.43]    (0)  
FC   86.58   [00.00]    (1)  
CC   70.03   [91.53]    (0)  
DM   91.26  [133.16]    (0)  
PL  101.09  [127.29]    (0)  
RB  111.08   [00.00]    (1)  
TU  106.56  [163.62]    (0)  
JB   65.97   [93.73]    (0)  

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/14/06 03:46 PM

Week 10 - Final

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   94.89  [106.58]    (0)  DC beat me fair and square
DC  120.68  [132.28]    (0)  Daaaaa Bears! ;)
JG   98.07  [104.97]    (0)  Comeback on MNF
GO   86.99   [96.59]    (0)  Still in playoff spot
JL   73.76  [111.43]    (0)  Moves down to #2...
FC  106.98  [135.32]    (0)  ... after battle of top 2
CC   70.03   [91.53]    (0)  DM wins...
DM   91.26  [133.16]    (0)  ... battle of basement dwellers
PL  101.09  [127.29]    (0)  Tough matchup
RB  119.78  [119.78]    (0)  RB's Philip Rivers bests PL's Brees
TU  106.56  [163.62]    (0)  Scoring a lot of points
JB   65.97   [93.73]    (0)  Not so much

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/14/06 03:51 PM

Week 10 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

[W-L-T]   [Pct]     [Pts]       [Stk]
FC	9-1-0	 0.900 	 1,028.17 	W-3
JL	8-2-0	 0.800 	 1,070.30 	L-1
GO	6-4-0	 0.600 	 1,023.91 	L-2
JG	6-4-0	 0.600 	   972.21 	W-1
TU	5-5-0	 0.500 	 1,037.03 	W-1
PL	5-5-0	 0.500 	   985.30 	L-1
JB	5-5-0	 0.500 	   983.52 	W-2
DC	4-6-0	 0.400 	 1,043.18 	W-2
DB	4-6-0	 0.400 	   978.17 	L-1
JB	4-6-0	 0.400 	   946.13 	L-2
DM	3-7-0	 0.300 	   875.59 	W-1
CC	1-9-0	 0.100 	   801.29 	L-8

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/14/06 03:54 PM

Week 10 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]        [Week]
DM	 1,122.70 	 137.18 
JG	 1,113.82 	 154.69 
JB	 1,086.63   	  80.56 
IM	 1,071.03 	 116.99 
CC	 1,064.83 	  89.67 
JL	   983.80 	  81.16 
DA	   972.46 	  97.38 
PL	   963.89 	 139.06 
DB	   943.04 	  37.11 
TU	   925.64 	 107.23 
DC	   836.31 	 105.78 

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/14/06 04:05 PM

Comeback starts now, didn't I just sneak into the playoffs last year?

If my math is correct, all I have to do is run the table, and the top 4 have to somehow lose games they have already won and I am in

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/17/06 09:42 PM

Week 11 - Matchups

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/19/06 04:48 PM

Yo Commish: In the Pts League, since at least yesterday, it's been saying that DA has 14 pts from his Defense this week -- before any games have even started. Gotta keep an eye on that to make sure it resets properly...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/19/06 07:05 PM

I CAN'T FREAKIN' BELIEVE MCNABB GOT HURT!!

I'm focked now!!!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/19/06 08:05 PM

I just want to apologize in advance to DB for Lee Evans blowing up while having Mark Brunell in at QB. The internet was down at my condo the last 3 days. The cable guy just got it hooked back up. Plus basketball season started this week, so I don't have any extra time in the classroom to check my fantasy team. Sorry, but my kids and my team come before you guys and gals, however, I do hate it when someone doesn't keep his or her team active in a head to head league. I'm slightly more pissed about the fact I was stuck with Portis in my lineup in another $200 league I'm in. The internet is back up and the connection has been repaired, so it won't be down again anytime soon.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/20/06 12:39 AM

In my other league, Drew Brees was on the waiver wire and I picked him up this week. Thank goodness I started him over Grossman. 500 freaking yards in through the air - are you kidding me?

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/20/06 12:33 PM

I've decided to be godfather because Geoff's crying like a baby. And then I'll meet with Don Sicilia -- and DMC -- all of the heads of the five teams remaining on my HTH schedule...

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/20/06 04:46 PM

Yo Commish: In the Pts League, since at least yesterday, it's been saying that DA has 14 pts from his Defense this week -- before any games have even started. Gotta keep an eye on that to make sure it resets properly...

Thanks for the heads-up... It appears to be OK now. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/21/06 05:02 AM

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/21/06 04:54 PM

Week 11 - Final

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB  105.69  [126.09]    (0)  This would have been a good matchup...
JB  112.50  [128.76]    (0)  ... last year :/
JG   62.07  [104.17]    (0)  McNabb McDone
DC  103.42  [116.52]    (0)  LT doing miracles
JL   69.09   [88.74]    (0)  Loses again
GO  117.39  [126.56]    (0)  Bounces back
CC   90.94  [105.34]    (0)  Tremendous upset!
FC   58.32   [60.22]    (0)  Bump in the road
PL   79.47   [91.37]    (0)  Darnit...
DM  114.32  [147.82]    (0)  Looking to win out
TU  114.71  [126.91]    (0)  Moves into playoff contention
RB   98.77  [104.19]    (0)  Tough opponent

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/21/06 04:57 PM

Week 11 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

[W-L-T]   [Pct]   [Pts]         [Stk]
FC	9-2-0	 0.818 	1086.49 	L-1
JL	8-3-0	 0.727 	1139.39 	L-2
GO	7-4-0	 0.636 	1141.30 	W-1
TU	6-5-0	 0.545 	1151.74 	W-2
JG	6-5-0	 0.545 	1041.83 	L-1
DC	5-6-0	 0.455 	1146.60 	W-3
RB	5-6-0	 0.455 	1082.33 	L-1
PL	5-6-0	 0.455 	1062.37 	L-2
JB	5-6-0	 0.455 	1058.63 	W-1
DB	4-7-0	 0.364 	1083.86 	L-2
DM	4-7-0	 0.364 	 991.31 	W-2
CC	2-9-0	 0.182 	 892.14 	W-1

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/21/06 04:59 PM

Week 11 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]        [Week]
DM	1220.59		 97.89
JG	1200.96		 87.14
JB	1168.64		 82.01
IM	1147.32		 82.69
CC	1138.05		 65.67
DA	1087.08		114.62
PL	1083.71		119.42
JL	1073.29		 89.49
DB	1049.18		105.14
TU	1032.69		107.14
DC	 921.52		 87.17

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/21/06 09:22 PM

I didn't know I had to defend my title in the same KIND of yahoo league lol

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/21/06 09:33 PM

Everyone knows the REAL fantasy football title is won in the "NFL Draft" fantasy game.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/22/06 02:17 AM

Everyone knows the REAL fantasy football title is won in the "NFL Draft" fantasy game.

Everyone knows the REAL fantasy football title is the regular season points title.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/22/06 03:06 AM

I think this is turning into boxing lol

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/22/06 02:50 PM

Commissioner's Note

Thanksgiving tradition brings us a slate of games tomorrow. Please set your line-ups accordingly.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/22/06 05:13 PM

Sure... just tell everyone!

(Well, okay, guess it's fair... but some of us are in pennant races here And watch, I'll be the one to forget! )

Happy Thanksgiving!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/22/06 10:31 PM

Actually thanks for the reminder DS. I completely forgot your bloody thanksgiving was this Thursday. For some reason I thought it was next week.

And now I'm pissed because I've made plans for tomorrow not realising there's not only games on tomorrow but THREE! For as long as i've been following the NFL I thought there's only ever been two games played on Thanksgiving. Three games and I'll probably miss all of them. Noooooooooo!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/23/06 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Turi Giuliano
For as long as i've been following the NFL I thought there's only ever been two games played on Thanksgiving. Three games and I'll probably miss all of them. Noooooooooo!

Turi

It's a new thing this year. And you're not the only one who will miss the 3rd game. The night game (KC-Den) is being shown on NFL Network, which over 30 million cable/satellite subscribers do not receive. I get it on DirecTv, but that seems to be the only interesting game today. I can't bring myself to get excited about TB-Dallas or Detroit-Miami.

Have a happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/27/06 09:07 PM

0 - 5 - 0 in Head to Head. My team SUCKS!

Don Cardi

That was on Oct. 10th.

after this week I will be 6 - 6 - 0

LT baby, LT!!!

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/28/06 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Turi Giuliano
For as long as i've been following the NFL I thought there's only ever been two games played on Thanksgiving. Three games and I'll probably miss all of them. Noooooooooo!

Turi

It's a new thing this year. And you're not the only one who will miss the 3rd game. The night game (KC-Den) is being shown on NFL Network, which over 30 million cable/satellite subscribers do not receive. I get it on DirecTv, but that seems to be the only interesting game today. I can't bring myself to get excited about TB-Dallas or Detroit-Miami.

Have a happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Our network showed all three so I'm not sure how much they paid for that. 12 hours of football I missed it all because I made plans. I should get my priorities right.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/28/06 02:50 PM

Week 12 - Final

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB  133.10  [156.30]    (0)  
JG  117.27  [117.27]    (0)  
JL  103.33  [124.43]    (0)  
DC  126.95  [148.64]    (0)  
CC   99.96  [122.21]    (0)  
GO   90.03  [116.20]    (0)  
PL  139.71  [140.81]    (0)  
FC   96.86  [121.67]    (0)  
TU  130.33  [136.33]    (0)  
DM  104.12  [116.22]    (0)  
RB   50.21   [71.56]    (0)  
JB  103.58  [105.58]    (0)  

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/28/06 02:53 PM

Week 12 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

[W-L-T]   [Pct]   [Pts]    [Stk]
FC*	9-3-0	 0.750 	1183.35	  L-2
JL	8-4-0	 0.667 	1243.72	  L-3
TU	7-5-0	 0.583 	1283.07	  W-3
GO	7-5-0	 0.583 	1231.33	  L-1
DC	6-6-0	 0.500 	1273.55	  W-4
PL	6-6-0	 0.500 	1205.38	  W-1
JB	6-6-0	 0.500 	1162.21	  W-2
JG	6-6-0	 0.500 	1159.10	  L-2
DB	5-7-0	 0.417 	1216.96	  W-1
RB	5-7-0	 0.417 	1132.54	  L-2
DM	4-8-0	 0.333 	1095.43	  L-1
CC	3-9-0	 0.250 	 992.10	  W-2

* Clinched Playoff Spot

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/28/06 02:55 PM

Week 12 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]        [Week]
JG	1391.36		190.40
DM	1348.50		127.91
JB	1279.07		110.43
IM	1243.15		 95.83
CC	1220.05		 82.00
PL	1188.43		104.72
DA	1187.84		 99.76
JL	1160.82		 87.53
TU	1132.25		 99.56
DB	1112.66		 60.18
DC	1012.83		 91.31

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/28/06 04:21 PM

LT baby, LT!!!

Sucker should have done that for me last year.

Good run, DC.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 11/28/06 07:51 PM

Now I know how the Steelers fans must feel haha

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/04/06 02:54 PM

The HtH league is getting real tight in the middle and Plaw's team made it even tighter in beating Goombah.

4 games left in the season and it's getting real interesting now.

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/04/06 03:01 PM

Week 13 - Pre-MNF

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   54.52  [107.19]    (0)  
JL  156.82   [00.00]    (1)  
JG   68.60   [00.00]    (1)  
JB  107.17  [107.17]    (0)  
CC   63.26   [90.89]    (0)  
DC  105.98  [143.38]    (0)  
PL  113.47  [000.00]    (1)  
GO   78.80  [000.00]    (1)  
TU   65.06   [81.66]    (0)  
FC   72.72   [00.00]    (2)  
RB  129.00  [142.10]    (0)  
DM   63.00   [00.00]    (3)  

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/05/06 04:57 AM

Holy shit. I'm up 180-54! I guess my slump is over.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/05/06 05:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou

Yeah, but... look who you're playing...

(I'm freakin' done for the season after McNabb (he's Irish??) went down... Fuckin' A... I was in contention! Not any more... )

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/05/06 03:05 PM

Week 13 - FINAL

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB   54.52  [107.19]    (0)  
JL  180.32  [185.82]    (0)  
JG  101.67  [109.17]    (0)  
JB  107.17  [107.17]    (0)  
CC   63.26   [90.89]    (0)  
DC  105.98  [143.38]    (0)  
PL  127.47  [132.97]    (0)  
GO   91.30  [124.70]    (0)  
TU   65.06   [81.66]    (0)  
FC   85.62  [148.80]    (0)  
RB  129.00  [142.10]    (0)  
DM   98.50  [119.50]    (0)  

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/05/06 03:07 PM

Week 13 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

FC*	10-3-0	 0.769 	1268.97		W-1
JL*	9-4-0	 0.692 	1424.04		W-1
DC	7-6-0	 0.538 	1379.53		W-5
TU	7-6-0	 0.538 	1348.13		L-1
PL	7-6-0	 0.538 	1332.85		W-2
GO	7-6-0	 0.538 	1322.63		L-2
JB	7-6-0	 0.538 	1269.38		W-3
RB	6-7-0	 0.462 	1261.54		W-1
JG	6-7-0	 0.462 	1261.47		L-3
DB	5-8-0	 0.385 	1270.78		L-1
DM	4-9-0	 0.308 	1193.73		L-2
CC	3-10-0	 0.231 	1055.36		L-1

* Clinched Playoff Spot

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/05/06 03:08 PM

Week 13 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]        [Week]
JG	1475.58		 83.52
DM	1472.66		124.16
JB	1352.43		 73.36
IM	1330.85		 88.70
JL	1313.44		152.62
PL	1304.73		117.20
CC	1304.13		 83.88
DA	1289.14		101.30
TU	1283.91		151.66
DB	1214.43		101.77
DC	1075.94		 63.11

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/05/06 06:05 PM

Week 14 coming up! We essentially have 2 playoff games this weekend.

Win and you're (almost) in!

DC vs. PL
TU vs. GO

JB has an outside shot of getting into the playoffs if he can do the following:
- Win his game against DM
- Score enough points to rank ahead of at least one of the winners in the matchups above (in terms of cumulative points)

Should be exciting!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/05/06 06:08 PM

I shoulda been a contenda...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/05/06 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou

Yeah, but... look who you're playing...

Hey, I've scored more points than you... and we all know that's what really matters.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/05/06 06:15 PM

I've scored more points than you... and we all know that's what really matters.

In the Points League, sure is...
How're you doing in that again, I forget...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/07/06 03:12 PM

Last Regular Season Game (for Head-to-Head)! The game continues on through Week 17 for the Points League.

Reminder - There is a Thursday night game between Cleveland and Pittsburgh, so set your lineups accordingly.

Week 14 - Matchups

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/11/06 02:55 PM

What a comeback by Plaw's team!

Week 14 - Pre-MNF

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB  124.77  [137.18]    (0)  
CC   86.87  [120.99]    (0)  
JG  102.89  [105.99]    (0)  
JL   73.69   [00.00]    (2)  
PL  107.87  [109.97]    (0)  
DC  101.28  [130.18]    (0)  
TU   64.48  [000.00]    (2)  
GO  134.01  [136.01]    (0)  
RB   91.71   [00.00]    (1)  
FC   57.24   [00.00]    (2)  
DM   86.70   [91.70]    (0)  
JB  131.80   [00.00]    (1)  

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/11/06 08:08 PM

Yes, a great comeback by Plaw's team! Both he and I were in the cellar the first 4 or 5 games of the year. And this past week it came down to his and my team. And who actually beat me? Drew Brees, the QB that I recommended that you pick up for him off of waivers the 3rd or 4th game into the season. It was a very interesting race between us.

I can here him laughing at me now!

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/11/06 08:15 PM

Your matchup yesterday must have been bittersweet - as has this whole season.

BTW, Plaw actually drafted Brees from the beginning (11th round :o). You recommended that I pickup Leftwich, who was helping Plaw's team out a lot until he got hurt.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/12/06 01:40 AM

Your matchup yesterday must have been bittersweet - as has this whole season.

BTW, Plaw actually drafted Brees from the beginning (11th round :o). You recommended that I pickup Leftwich, who was helping Plaw's team out a lot until he got hurt.

Yes Don Sicilia, you are correct. It was Leftwich who I recommended.

It was very bittersweet. But I'll tell you this, I am glad that it was Plaw's team that beat me out in a playoff like showdown than having another's team beat me out like that.

I promise you, if Plaw were around for our head to head game, there would have been a lot of shit being thrown back and forth between he and I all week long leading up to the game, and you can bank on the fact that he and I would have had a wager of some sorts on our game.

Very bittersweet.

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/12/06 01:52 AM

So close yet so far. Oh well, maybe next year I can actually find time to draft my team and won't get stuck with 2 kickers and 2 defenses.

Speaking of which, I think we should lock our points rosters and turn it into a keeper league for next year. Maroney, Jones-Drew, DeAngelo Williams would look pretty nice for next year. If only Edge and Cadillac hadn't been complete worthless pieces of shit. I get 2 top 10 guys in my first 2 picks that turn out to be complete busts and still remain in contention. Can't complain too much I guess. Good luck in the playoffs.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/12/06 02:56 PM

Week 14 - End of Regular Season

Christmas Song to mirror our seasons

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
DB  124.77  [137.18]    (0)  Blue Christmas
CC   86.87  [120.99]    (0)  Nuttin' For Christmas
JG  102.89  [105.99]    (0)  A Baby Just Like You :p
JL   90.69  [118.59]    (0)  It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
PL  107.87  [109.97]    (0)  We Wish You A Merry Christmas 
DC  101.28  [130.18]    (0)  Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
TU   96.30  [135.00]    (0)  Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer 
GO  134.01  [136.01]    (0)  Here Comes Santa Claus 
RB  111.21  [141.40]    (0)  Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
FC   94.14   [99.44]    (0)  First Christmas
DM   86.70   [91.70]    (0)  Pine Cones And Holly Berries
JB  148.00  [148.00]    (0)  I'll Be Home For Christmas 

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/12/06 03:00 PM

Week 14 - Head-to-Head Standings

[Pts] = Points to date
[Stk] = Current streak

Code:

FC*	10-4-0	 0.714 	1363.11		L-1
JL*	9-5-0	 0.643 	1516.73		L-1
GO*	8-6-0	 0.571 	1456.64		W-1
PL*	8-6-0	 0.571 	1440.72		W-3
JB	8-6-0	 0.571 	1417.38		W-4
DC	7-7-0	 0.500 	1480.81		L-1
TU	7-7-0	 0.500 	1444.43		L-2
RB	7-7-0	 0.500 	1372.75		W-2
JG	7-7-0	 0.500 	1364.36		W-1
DB	6-8-0	 0.429 	1395.55		W-1
DM	4-10-0	 0.286 	1280.43		L-3
CC	3-11-0	 0.214 	1142.23		L-2

* Clinched Playoff Spot

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/12/06 03:02 PM

Reminder - The Points League keeps going until the end of the NFL season.

Week 14 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]        [Week]
DM	1599.74		127.08
JG	1583.65		108.07
JB	1487.35		134.92
PL	1444.73		140.00
IM	1420.06		 89.21
CC	1414.61		110.48
TU	1407.98		124.07
JL	1396.63		 81.19
DA	1387.58		 98.44
DB	1285.84		 71.41
DC	1182.44		106.50

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/12/06 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy Buffer
So close yet so far. Oh well, maybe next year I can actually find time to draft my team and won't get stuck with 2 kickers and 2 defenses.

Yeah, you closed out the season really well. You missed the playoffs by 24 points which is just under 2 points more per week that you needed to score. I'm sure you already knew that.

Edge and Cadillac screwed your season too? I had them in the H2H League. I feel your pain.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/12/06 03:21 PM

I missed a shot at the Consolation Round and "5th Place" by 8.39 pts

Code:
SEMIS

(1) FC  
(4) PL  

(2) JL  
(3) GO  

CONSOLATION

(5) JB  
(8) RB  

(6) DC  
(7) TU  

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/12/06 07:53 PM

I missed a shot at the Consolation Round and "5th Place" by 8.39 pts

Code:
CONSOLATION

(5) JB  
(8) RB  

(6) DC  
(7) TU  

October 3rd 2006 :

Quote:
Week 4 - Head-to-Head Standings

Code:

JG	3-1-0	 0.750 	427.58	W-1

DC	0-4-0	 -    	339.84	L-4

What happened JG?

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/12/06 08:34 PM

What happened JG?

He happened.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/12/06 09:04 PM

Damn I just missed the playoffs by 160.29 points and 4 wins.....

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/12/06 11:40 PM

These guys happened, too...

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/15/06 08:15 PM

Week 15 - Final Four + The Race for 5th Place

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

CONSOLATION ROUND

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/19/06 02:51 PM

Week 15 - Final

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND
JL  108.83  [115.13]    (0)  
GO  144.03  [147.83]    (0)  
PL  104.50  [142.10]    (0)  
FC   92.63  [108.23]    (0)  

CONSOLATION ROUND
TU   92.59   [99.69]    (0)  
DC   91.39  [102.39]    (0)  
RB   91.02  [119.22]    (0)  
JB   90.18  [102.68]    (0)  

Next Week:
- PL vs. GO for the championship!
- JL vs. FC for 3rd place
- TU vs. RB for 5th place
- DC vs. JB for 7th place

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/19/06 02:53 PM

Week 15 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]        [Week]
DM	1691.94		 92.20
JG	1687.91		104.26
JB	1557.24		 69.89
TU	1532.82		124.84
PL	1527.75		 83.02
IM	1525.89		105.83
JL	1524.86		128.23
CC	1497.70		 83.09
DA	1476.91		 89.33
DB	1385.91		100.07
DC	1253.45		 71.01

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/26/06 07:30 AM

Friggin'....

I pick up RB Ron Dayne but don't play him (27.60 pts) and bench Isaac Bruce (20.80 pts)

It's gonna be close!
Posted By: Ice

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/26/06 07:47 AM

Friggin'....

I pick up RB Ron Dayne but don't play him (27.60 pts) and bench Isaac Bruce (20.80 pts)

It's gonna be close!

Go DMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/26/06 07:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Ice
Go DMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Ice

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/26/06 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Ice
Go DMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww I'm sorry. (What have you ever done to make me treat you so disrespectfully)?

It's not personal, it's strictly (fantasy) <---- .

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/26/06 04:06 PM

its pretty much straight up for the last week, you have me by 3.2 points.......makes things very interesting for the REAL fantasy football title haha

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/26/06 05:36 PM

its pretty much straight up for the last week, you have me by 3.2 points.......makes things very interesting for the REAL fantasy football title haha

ATS is the "REAL" game, S/U is like the kids table at dinner.

Edit: Ooops, thought this was the other game.
Yeah, it's gonna be tough

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/27/06 02:45 PM

Week 16 - Final Four + The Race for 5th Place

PTS = Actual Points
(P) = # Players left

Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)

SUPERBOWL
GO   98.61   [00.00]    (10)  
PL   70.47   [00.00]    (10)  

BATTLE FOR 3RD
FC   89.89   [00.00]    (10)  
JL   69.14   [00.00]    (10)  

BATTLE FOR 5TH
RB   56.08   [00.00]    (10)  
TU   91.24   [00.00]    (10)  

BATTLE FOR 7TH
JB   86.10   [00.00]    (10)  
DC   96.92   [00.00]    (10)  

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/27/06 02:47 PM

Week 16 - Points League Standings

Code:

[TOTAL]        [Week]
JG	1787.82	 	 99.91
DM	1784.62		 92.68
JB	1685.58 	128.34
TU	1643.29		110.47
PL	1627.34		 99.59
JL	1606.50		 81.64
IC	1602.60		 76.71
CC	1565.72		 68.02
DA	1532.00		 55.09
DB	1477.97		 92.06
DC	1346.59		 93.14

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/27/06 02:54 PM

I just wanted to send out a big congratulations to Goombah, the GBB Superbowl champion this year! His team was strong throughout and rumbled his way through the playoffs. Now the question is: Can goombah repeat or is he a one-year-wonder like our friend DMC?

As for the points championships, it will come down to the wire between the artists formerly known as the Penis Twins, JG and DMC. [Insert "breathing down his neck" joke here]

A belated Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays to one and all!

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/27/06 08:34 PM

I just wanted to send out a big congratulations to Goombah, the GBB Superbowl champion this year! His team was strong throughout and rumbled his way through the playoffs. Now the question is: Can goombah repeat or is he a one-year-wonder like our friend DMC?

Thank you Don Sicilia. I appreciate the invitation to play this year.

I would have preferred to have beaten anyone but Plawrence's team. I'm glad to see his team do so well - Plaw deserved it.

As far as defending my title or being a one-year wonder, I'd bet the latter. I started off very well, then went into a slide, but somehow bounced back in the playoffs. Frank Gore & Ladell Betts were great additions to my roster - I could not have done it without them b/c my WR were less than medicore.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/28/06 11:29 AM

Well done Goombah, even though you beat me twice!

Congratulations. See you next year.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/29/06 01:27 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Goombah! A job well done!

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/29/06 02:16 AM

Good job, Goombah, and thanks for not playing in the Points Only league.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/29/06 05:58 AM

Good job, Goombah, and thanks for not playing in the Points Only league.

Yeah thanks Goombah, it would have REALLY sucked for me to have beaten another person

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/29/06 01:11 PM

Thank you gentlemen, one and all. Happy New Year to each of you.

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/31/06 06:59 AM

Tiki

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 12/31/06 07:04 AM

Tiki

I was JUST about to type Tiki

Chambers is due though, after 15 bad games he has to have a good one lol

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 01/01/07 10:50 PM

Week 17 - Points League Standings (Final)

Code:

[TOTAL]         [Week]

JG	1919.39	 	130.57
DM	1885.52		100.90
JB	1762.00 	 76.42
TU	1757.59		114.30
IC^	1705.03		102.43
JL	1701.20		 94.70
PL	1698.50		 71.16
CC	1665.85		100.13
DA	1622.89		 90.89
DB	1551.64		 73.67
DC	1394.98		 48.39

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 01/02/07 11:53 AM

Congratulations Don Malta!

Don Cardi

Re: 2006 Yahoo Fantasy Football Leagues - 01/02/07 03:51 PM

Congrats JG for winning the points league championship. Added to his tainted (ahem) Pick 'Em championship, he ruled this fantasy football season.

Seriously, great job!

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET