Home

I hate Terrell Owens

Posted By: Patrick

I hate Terrell Owens - 09/13/04 07:50 PM

This deserves its' own thread. I absolutely hate this guy. He's the cockiest player in all pro sports. More then anyone. The guy was nearly late for the game yesterday, but he's not ridiculed. Iverson came to a game 1 hour before tip-off last year because his car broke down and it made the headlines for 2 or 3 weeks.

I can't stand TO. He's so over rated. He had 3 TDs yesterday after OTHER players made big plays. I believe it was Pinkston who had a 50 yard reception and then they threw a 10 yard pass to TO in the end zone. TO slammed the ball down, put his foot on the football, and then flexed his muscles for pictures. I just want to beat this guy with a bat.

The guy shouldn't even be on Philly. He should be on Baltimore or San Francisco, but he cried about it because his OWN AGENT was late in getting back to the Niners for a deadline. I'd consider going Republican if I could ban this guy from the NFL. I hate you, TO!
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/13/04 08:33 PM

Man those are some strong words Patrick. Personally, I've always liked TO. My favorite team is the 49ers so that's why. I wasn't happy to hear that he was going to go to Baltimore, but when I heard that he wouldn't & was headed to Phily I couldn't be happier (I mean TO & McNabb is a dream combo). Sure he's cocky & I don't like nor encourage that. However, I can think of 2 guys who I don't like even more than TO (Keyshawn Johnson & Ray Lewis). I can't stand Baltimore because that team is just very cocky & it gets on my nervous just as much as TO gets on yours. However, I do think he end zone celebrations are funny & original (i.e. SHARPIE!)

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/13/04 09:03 PM

But Ray Lewis is the BEST defender in the league. He has a RIGHT to be cocky. TO isn't even a top 10 WR.
Posted By: Big Daddy Don

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/13/04 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
TO isn't even a top 10 WR.

Name the 10+ that are better
Posted By: goombah

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/13/04 09:32 PM

I also hate the way T.O. carries on, but am soooooo glad he's on fantasy team. My league doesn't deduct points for players who act like assholes.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/13/04 10:05 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far as that. As for Ray-Ray, just because he may be the best, doesn't give him license to be cocky. I just can't stand cocky players!
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/13/04 10:14 PM

TO is awesome

Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/13/04 11:23 PM

Quote:
Hahahahah!!

I echo Big Daddy Don's words -- name ten that are better. And not ten that you like more, ten that you can back up with statistics, proving they are better recievers.

Not even in the top ten? That's laughable.

I mean, I fucking hate Tom Brady and Brett Favre -- but even I'm not ignorant enough to say they aren't good players. :rolleyes:

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/14/04 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Don:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] TO isn't even a top 10 WR.

Name the 10+ that are better [/b][/quote]Randy Moss
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Hines Ward
Santana Moss
Eric Moulds
Amani Toomer
Chad Johnson
Peerless Price
Joe Horn
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/14/04 12:51 AM

I Love Terrell Owens.

I saw him once on Cribs and he has an awesome Crib, good taste in fashion and furnishings, and he looked awesome in the shower scene of Any Given Sunday.

Hmm, I should start a "I 'heart' Terrell Owens" thread!

Ok, the preceding was sarcastic at best. Back to business I just want to say, as for your top ten list, Patrick.....

That's all I gotta say about THAT!
Posted By: Double-J

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/14/04 01:16 AM

TO 0wns. Like someone said about Brady, I don't like him (referring to Lewis I mean) but I respect his talent. But I think that his off-the-field history overshadows his talent. Like Pete Rose. Like OJ. Actually, just like OJ. :p
Posted By: plawrence

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/14/04 06:43 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Big Daddy Don:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] TO isn't even a top 10 WR.

Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Hines Ward
Santana Moss
Eric Moulds
Amani Toomer
Chad Johnson
Peerless Price
Joe Horn [/b][/quote]I'll give you the first three. Maybe.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/14/04 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Big Daddy Don:
[b]
quote:

Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Hines Ward
Santana Moss
Eric Moulds
Amani Toomer
Chad Johnson
Peerless Price
Joe Horn [/b][/quote]I'll give you the first three. Maybe.

Not Hines Ward Plaw? Compare his and TO's stats for the last two years and take into consideration Hines' height.

Anyway I like TO. Anyone who spikes the ball on the Dallas star is ok with me.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/14/04 04:32 PM

I'm with Plaw...

Randy Moss can give TO a run for his money... Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt are both good... But not better. Joe Horn? Santana Moss? Armani Toomer? Better than TO? Please. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/14/04 05:36 PM

Owens is in the honeymoon period with the Philly press and fans. No one is going to make a big deal about being late while the team is winning and he scores 3 TDs.

Iverson got similar treatment when he first arrived. His act grew tiresome after a while, and when the team got worse every year his attitude became annoying to everyone. If the 76ers go 55-27 this year Iverson will be loved again.

If the Eagles lose some games, TO starts complaining about not getting the ball and his teammates begin to complain about preferential treatment it will unravel quickly.

I would rate Moss, Harrison, and Owens as the premier receivers with the nod going to Harrison because he has never been a negative influence on his team.

By the way, the rumor TO was floating out there about Jeff Garcia being gay really looks stupid now that Garcia's girlfriend - a Playboy playmate - was recently in the news for fighting with Garcia's ex-girlfriend.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/14/04 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
I'm with Plaw...

Randy Moss can give TO a run for his money... Marvin Harrison and Torry Holt are both good...
..and better. -Pat

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/15/04 03:20 AM

Take a visit
Posted By: Double-J

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/15/04 05:08 PM

I'm surprised that Moulds wasn't discussed more. Me being a Buffalo mark not withstanding, he is a multi-time Pro Bowler, and while I wouldn't rate him as good as TO or Marvin Harrison, I'd put him above a few of the other receivers in the list, arguably in the top 5. His last season numbers were shit because of injury, and the catatonic offense in Buffalo.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/17/04 03:34 AM

If TO was on any other team I coulden't care less, but he is on the Eagles, my hometown team, so of course I love him. All of his crazy antics....I support it ! Come on Pat, Whats with hating the hometown team?
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 09/17/04 09:35 PM

TO kicks ass thats all there is to it granted he may be cocky some of the thigns he does are funny and if i remember right it was joe horn who pulled a CELL PHONE out of the upright pad to make a phone call during the game... IMO thats way more cockier than some shit TO does.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/04/04 01:01 AM

I LOVE T.O.! Did anybody see him tear down the signs last week in Cleveland? And then this past Sunday was priceless as he did the "Ray-Ray" dance. Man I LOVED it! What will this guy think of next!? Here's an article defending his end zone dance:

ESPN

Here are 2 quotes that I found interesting:

"Seems like the league embraces a guy like that (Lewis for his double murder trial). But I'm going out scoring touchdowns, having fun, but I'm the bad guy."

"At times, it baffles me. I've never been in any off-field problems."
Posted By: Krlea

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/04/04 02:48 AM

Did ya'll see Terrell's "I Love T.O." shirt he wore in a ESPN interview? I need one of those!

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/04/04 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Krlea:
Did ya'll see Terrell's "I Love T.O." shirt he wore in a ESPN interview? I need one of those!
Yeah that except the 'love' was a comical heart. That was brilliant.

His comments on Ray Lewis were out of order though. TO was totally correct about the fact that the Ravens would have allowed anything but for Owens to get into the endzone.

Does anyone know anywhere where I can get TO's celebrations and in particular the Ray Lewis dance for my phone?

Even Michael A Smiths version of the dance was hilarious on Around the Horn a few days ago.
Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/05/04 04:56 AM

I don't like Owens either. The Seahawks are going to knock the Eagles out in the NFC Championship, anyway... and Jerry Rice will outplay TO in fitting irony.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/05/04 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
I don't like Owens either. The Seahawks are going to knock the Eagles out in the NFC Championship, anyway... and Jerry Rice will outplay TO in fitting irony.
I hope that helps you sleep at night!
Posted By: Busta

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/05/04 05:45 PM

First of all, T.O. is in the top 3 with Moss and Harrison. I cant believe you are saying Peerless Price is better when he doesnt even have the half the stats Owens has this year.

Secondly, this is a guy who has never had any off the field problems. So he celebrates a lot and maybe too much at times. Who cares though? It's not like he isnt backing up. The Eagles have not lost yet and his numbers back up his mouth.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/05/04 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Busta:
Secondly, this is a guy who has never had any off the field problems. So he celebrates a lot and maybe too much at times. Who cares though? It's not like he isnt backing up. The Eagles have not lost yet and his numbers back up his mouth.
Amen to that! He NEVER has had problems away from the game. So he likes to celebrate & have a good time. I think it's funny & always wanna see what he's going to do next. You wanna know players that I can't stand, much the same you can't stand T.O. (Keyshawn Johnson & Ray Lewis)

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/07/04 04:16 PM

Pat, I'm sure you will enjoy this. :rolleyes:

TO = Terrible Owens

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/07/04 04:46 PM

That's the best thing I've read in a long time.
Posted By: QTN

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/07/04 06:41 PM

Actually I don't mind trash-talking players as long as they can back it up.

I mean look at Shannon Sharpe and Deion PRIMETIME Sanders. Sharpe is one of the great Tight-Ends in history, with 3 SB rings to boast. The TTT(Trash-Talking Trio) that he, Ray Lewis, and Tony ARMPIT Saragusa made in Balitmore on their Super Bowl-winning season was something. To bad Mr. Sharpe was on a legendary lousy offense(and helmed by Trent Dilfer...Owww)

Now Patrick, you know which sh*thead wide-receiver annoys me more than T.O. could ever do? Just check up "Keyshawn Johnson". Besides the fact that hes whiney, he sucks.

Oh and Seattle versus Eagles for NFC Championship? Ya Signore Sole Aumentante, no offense dude, but I have a nice pacific beachfront property in Denver to sell ya...
Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/08/04 02:25 AM

Just watch, just watch.

Sounds like TO has rubbed off on you. Seattle has had their bad days, but when they're hot they're the most explosive team in the league.

Eagles will face the Seahawks in NFC Championship. That is, if the Eagles can hold together. Did you see TO screaming and yelling at McNabb today, as soon as they were losing...

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/08/04 05:45 PM

Did anyone else see Ray Lewis' retort to T.O.'s last comments towards him & his double murder trial? I only saw a little bit about it, but basically Ray said that he prayed for T.O. & that he never has, nor ever will, have anything against him & he wonders why T.O. seems to have it out for him.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/16/04 05:35 AM

Man I'm serious, I REALLY LOVE T.O. I'm so glad that he tore up Dallas tonight! And best of all, he did Michael Irvin's end zone pose that he used to do!

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/16/04 06:38 AM

Another great performance by McNabb and TO.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/16/04 04:01 PM

Yeah but he couldn't do owt (that word's for Plawrence to fathom, it isn't even in my dictionary) last week though against a top defense.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/16/04 10:48 PM

Yeah, well theyre still 8-1. We won't know how great they really are til the end of the playoffs. I really dont think there is an NFC team that can challenge them but a lot can happen from now until the super bowl.
Posted By: Caporegime

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/17/04 02:43 AM

Did anybody catch the pregame clip/promo of TO? Before the Monday Night Football "song" came on, one of the actresses from ABC's "Desperate Housewives" appeared before TO in nothing but a towel. She ends up jumping naked into his arms in the Eagles locker room. It's something that ABC is getting in a lot of trouble for, and it's been discussed on almost every talk show on the airwaves.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/17/04 02:53 AM

Really? I didn't know it caused such a controversary. Everything now a days seems to piss someone off, so I say keep doing what your doing! As for the clip, I saw it on ESPN today & thought it was pretty funny. What's so "horrible" about it that we have to complain?

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/17/04 04:09 PM

The problem is it is only 9 months after the Janet Jackson incident so the NFL needs to be careful with what they show when it comes to anything that has to do with sex. I personally wasn't offended but it is obvious why the NFL would be mad over ABC doing this.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/17/04 04:16 PM

It was only a T*T why did people make such a big fuss over it.

I'm sure people have seen alot more :p

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/17/04 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO:
It was only a T*T why did people make such a big fuss over it.
One word will sum it up for you, Conservatives. I can't stand how people complain about every little thing. Everybody seems to get offended by any & everything. Why do people let it bother them so much? If you disagree with it, fine, just don't punish others who aren't offended by it!

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/17/04 09:18 PM

Just read this article at ESPN.com. Man, is there no sin worse than the FCC!?

ESPN

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/17/04 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by DE NIRO:
[b] It was only a T*T why did people make such a big fuss over it.
One word will sum it up for you, Conservatives. [/b][/quote]AMEN! I'm guessing that if there's a murder or robbery in the next month, they'll blame it on MNF for showing "explicit material." :p :rolleyes:
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/17/04 10:23 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by DE NIRO:
[b] It was only a T*T why did people make such a big fuss over it.
One word will sum it up for you, Conservatives. [/b][/quote]AMEN! I'm guessing that if there's a murder or robbery in the next month, they'll blame it on MNF for showing "explicit material." :p :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]So let me get this straight Pat: combining all liberals into one group- Bad. Combining all conservatives into one group- Good.

Doesn't seem right to me. You get annoyed when the WHOLE LEFT is labeled for something, yet you go and agree with what was said.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/17/04 10:26 PM

Patrick, I'm pissed that they ran Stern off of the air. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?? It's ok to have rules and regulations, but I seriously feel that the FCC is overstepping their limits since the Super Bowl.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 11/17/04 11:31 PM

Pat to DMC, Pat to DMC: This is the sports thread. I thought about just putting one smiley after post, so people would know I was joking. I thought I'd put 2 just so people knew I definetly was. Christ. Here's 3. :p :rolleyes: -Pat

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 12/20/04 09:43 PM

F*CK ME! T.O. is out until the Super Bowl or he may not even return this year b/c of the stupid motherf**king cowgirls!! NO!
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 12/20/04 09:47 PM

I didn't see the play so can you explain what the cowgirls have to do with this?

edit nevermind I see what you are saying now, some people call the dallas cowboy cheerleaders the cowgirls I thought you meant they did something lol

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 12/20/04 09:51 PM

No sorry I meant the players are the "cowgirls." The cheerleaders may be called that, I don't know. But what happened is T.O. caught at pass at the beginning of the 3rd quarter and was dragged down from behind & in the process of being dragged down, his right foot got caught and he pretty much landed on it until it bent with him going down.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 12/20/04 11:16 PM

Wow, what I read earler said he was likely to miss one game with a sprained ankle. Now until Feb 6th - if they get there? Well they've choked every NFC champ game without him, it happens again or before. The other receivers will cower everytime the ball's coming to them.

Re: I hate Terrell Owens - 12/23/04 08:28 PM

Everyone should remember that the Eagles didn't have Brian Westbrook during last year's playoffs. I think Westbrook is more important to the Eagles than Owens. Westbrook is becoming like Marshall Faulk.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET