Home

Golf

Posted By: DonEthereal_313

Golf - 09/02/04 03:02 PM

How many people enjoy this sport? Just wondering becuase I picked it up throughout the summer.

God Bless and win-go-los-ik,
Brian
Posted By: howardsternisgod

Re: Golf - 09/03/04 02:42 AM

I am an avid golfer and I played for my high school team.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Golf - 09/03/04 04:11 AM

I love golf. I play for my school's team and the season just started. Im very excited about it.
Posted By: Vito The Godfather

Re: Golf - 09/03/04 07:46 AM

I love golf too. I used to play at a driving range next to my school but now gotta play at my university. Kinda hard at the beginning, then once you get used to it, it's a hell fun.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Golf - 09/03/04 01:53 PM

Golf, a nice walk spoiled - Mark Twain.

I plan on spoiling some walks this weekend. The game gets under your skin. I hope to have my usually array of birdies, pars, bogies and many "others."
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Golf - 09/04/04 09:03 PM

I love the game. Hit my first ever birdie yesterday it was amazing. Didn't even have to kill any wildlife.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Golf - 09/07/04 12:29 AM

Sunday I had a GOOOOOD day on the course. No triple bogies!! Six pars, 86 (par 70 course). Par'd four holes in a row!!

But the quirks of the game never fail to amaze. Number 1 handicap - 380 yd par four; narrow fairway, elevated green, small and sloped. I hit a monster drive - 280 yds. Nine iron to the green...long. chipped back..long....3 putts...double bogey. Now in contrast 290 yd par four, severe dog-leg left. Seven wood to the top of the hill is my shot. I yanked it into the woods, BUT it ricocheted out to the fairway. PW to the fringe. chip past the hole. 10 ft par putt, make it....go figger.
Posted By: SC

Re: Golf - 09/07/04 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
No triple bogies!!
This Bogie had a triple once. Laid me flat out on my ass. :p

Re: Golf - 09/14/04 02:24 AM

Today was my schools first match, and I did HORRENDOUS. It was one of those days that you wonder why you even play the game. I had almost no good shots. Not ONE par. I even took a 10 on a par 4 after having wasted 5 shots trying to get out of the trap. I ended up with a 58 which is my worst score in nearly 2 years. My school ended up losing, but fortunately it wasnt entirely my fault. Today I hate the game of golf... But tomorow, Im sure ill forget all about today

Re: Golf - 09/14/04 11:35 PM

I was able to somewhat rectify yesterdays disaster with a 43 today. Myself and three others on my team had a combined score of 159, meaning we averaged under 40 for each player. We destroyed our competition to say the least.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Golf - 10/02/04 10:02 AM

Warning!!! Don't take women golfing

A lass from work is suffering from a concussion after standing too close to a golfer on the driving range. She got walloped, the cut had to be glued shut.

Re: Golf - 10/02/04 01:28 PM

Funny story...

Yesterday, our team had practice so we played nine holes at a local course. One of the worst kids on our team couldnt stop talking about his brand new Calloway driver the whole way there. We were all pretty annoyed. When he gets on the tee, he takes his horrendous practice swings. When he finally hits the ball, the shaft completely shatters at the bottom, and the head of the club flies forward about 50 yards. Honest to god, the head went further than the ball. Me and just about everyone there almost pissed ourselves.
Posted By: da_bad_guy

Re: Golf - 10/02/04 04:30 PM

lol! that's exactly what happened to my friend, when we were at the range he was bragging about his brand new greatest big bertha, and when he took his first practice shot he missed the ball, hit the astro-turf, the head flew about 30 yards and he shattered the shaft. he was nearly crying!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET