Home

What soccer team do you support?

Posted By: Bella Mafia UK

What soccer team do you support? - 02/12/04 02:42 PM

Following on from the thread about soccer in general, I'd like to know what teams anyone who has an interest in the game support.

I'm an Arsenal fan, by the way.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/12/04 03:55 PM

Blackburn Rovers. Been with them from the good days (promoted into Prem League then won it a few seasons later - 94/95) and the bad days (relegated to Div 1) and then the good days again (Promoted to Prem League).

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/12/04 04:37 PM

It was great when Blackburn won the league instead of Man U. God I hate Man U.
Posted By: The Scottish Don

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/13/04 10:17 AM

Dunfermline Athletic.

Season ticket holder since 1982 and will be for life.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/16/04 03:49 PM

England - Man U., Arsenal, I like Chelsea as well
Germany - Bayern Munich
Italy - Inter Milan, Juventus and A.C. Milan
Spain - Real Madrid
U.S.A. - The MLS should expand to Canada.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/16/04 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
England - Man U., Arsenal, I like Chelsea as well
Germany - Bayern Munich
Spain - Real Madrid
U.S.A. - The MLS should expand to Canada.
You can't ever be disapointed if you support the best teams huh?
Posted By: That Moltisanti kid

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/16/04 09:40 PM

Im Arsenal through and through

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/17/04 01:41 AM

Hey T.G. everybody's gotta lose sometimes, but actually if I had to narrow it down to one, it would be Real. It's too bad that there is no Canadian Premier League though.
Posted By: Svizzero

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/17/04 10:10 AM

Why do even Brits start with this silly word 'soccer' instead of 'football' :rolleyes:

I support

Grasshoppers of Zurich
Celtic F.C.

and I have sympathies with

A.F.C. Ajax

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/17/04 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Svizzero:
Why do even Brits start with this silly word 'soccer' instead of 'football' :rolleyes:

I would never normally use the word soccer, but if I put football on this site, where the majority of members are American, people would think I was talking about American football.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/17/04 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by That Moltisanti kid:
Im Arsenal through and through
Brilliant - top bloke!!

We get support from all over the world, and Arsenal are my local team - I've been 7 times this season.
Posted By: That Moltisanti kid

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/17/04 07:36 PM

i was at the chelsea game

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/18/04 01:34 PM

Woah, you're lucky!! Couldn't get tickets so we watched it on the tv. Brilliant game though. Reyes goal was amazing.
Posted By: Valadius

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/24/04 11:31 PM

Newcastle United, through and through.
Posted By: Vito The Godfather

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/26/04 02:32 PM

Boca Juniors!!!!!
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/26/04 02:40 PM

I support my beloved MIDDLESBROUGH FOOTBALL CLUB until the day i die!
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 02/27/04 09:48 PM

I support (and love) the Internacional, from Brazil. tough I never seen my team to win a great championship, (they won the national championship in 75,76 and 79 and the national cup in 92 and I was born in 87) I absolutely love this team. I got REALLY happy when the great Ajax beated their rivals Gremio in Tokyo in 1996.
in europe, I really like Milan.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/01/04 12:52 PM

"England - Man U., Arsenal, I like Chelsea as well
Germany - Bayern Munich
Spain - Real Madrid
U.S.A. - The MLS should expand to Canada. "

I would be happy to bet a very large amount of money that all of those teams have never lost on the same weekend! Glory hunting the term is called!

Re Knocc Out above, congratulations mate. Hope you've recovered. Long time taken to win your first trophy, enjoy it.
Posted By: Knocc Out

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/01/04 01:31 PM

Oh believe me man i did enjoy it and im somewhat recovered from last night's celebration's but theres always tonight to sort that out

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/01/04 03:05 PM

Yeah, congrats Knocc Out. To be honest i didn't really want you to win coz you knocked us out in the semi final (even though we battered you all those other times ), but in the end I was happy for you, it must be a great feeling to win your first trophy EVER (I'm not taking the piss).

I'm just hoping I'll be at Cardiff myself when Arsenal win the FA cup!!!!!!
Posted By: boneear

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/04/04 03:24 PM

Tee hee what a great thread - Come on you gunners! Every home game this season.
Umm North bank lower:

We are the best, its so great that we play such amazing football.
And yes, that reyes goal was net-breaking.
Posted By: angiez23

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/04/04 08:12 PM

in chile, universidad catolica (my fav)
and audax italiano(small team)
in argentina, river plate
in italy, inter de milan
in england , arsenal

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/08/04 09:26 AM

Well Knocc Out, hopefully I can experience something similar soon!

Dunfermline Athletic are through to the semi finals of the Scottish Cup for the first time since bloody 1968 (when we won the damn thing)

Draw is made tonight, just need to avoid Celtic for one more game........
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/08/04 10:46 AM

ToonToon, Black 'n White Army!

Newcastle are the boys for me. Gary Speed = Britain's answer to Zinedine Zidane! :p

Mick
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/08/04 10:49 AM

Oh, and I've always been a big fan of Milan (of the AC variety), but since it moved from Ch4 to EuroSport I haven't had the chance to see it.

Mick

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/08/04 02:03 PM

Arsenal just got Man Utd in the FA cup semi final. Should be a good match but I was hoping we'd beat them in the final instead. Still... we're on fire at the moment, 5-1 against Portsmouth the other night. Everyone always wries us off and goes on about Man Utd and Chelsea, but we're the best in the world!!
Posted By: Domenico

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/08/04 06:52 PM

INTER has always been my team,even though we got our ass kicked yesterday. I also love my u-11 girls travel team that i coach. OH....FORZA ITALIA
Posted By: Sermanni

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/18/04 05:02 PM

Celtic all the way, had a season ticket since I was 5, and I'm now 21. Been with them through the bad times (basically the 1990s) and the good times (now!!).

as for other teams, I suppose my team in England is Nottingham Forest, loved them since I was really young, solely because they had a little tree on their badge. In Italy, it is Fiorentina, as my grandparents hail from Firenze. Doesn't look like either if them will get promoted this season
Posted By: SicilianMafia

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 03/23/04 06:00 AM

Arsenal and Inter Milan.
Posted By: Don Ounce

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/03/04 04:48 PM

Im a Man U supporter through and through by far the best team in the premiership.

They won the brilliant FA cup semi-final against 'the brilliant' Arsenal today.

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/06/04 11:07 PM

Glasgow Celtic will face A.S. Roma at the SkyDome on Jul. 31 as part of the Champions World Series. I'm probably gonna see the game...should be good.
Posted By: Raulito

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/06/04 11:55 PM

I used to watch English games on ESPN. My favorite team is Real Madrid 'cause they're the only ones i've seen play.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/07/04 01:06 AM

Quote:
Glasgow Celtic will face A.S. Roma at the SkyDome on Jul. 31 as part of the Champions World Series. I'm probably gonna see the game...should be good.
I do urge anywone in the PA area to see Roma V Chelsea at Heinz Stadium in Pittsburgh.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/07/04 03:27 AM

http://www.championsworld.com/championsworld_series/match_schedule.asp

they're all really good games.
Posted By: Don Larzono

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/07/04 03:08 PM

I (fanatically) support Malmö FF.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/07/04 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Svizzero:
and I have sympathies with

A.F.C. Ajax
Because they defeated Grasshoppers a trilion time? Well I'm Dutch and I totally hate AFC Ajax. My club is AC Milan (mainly because of the magnificent history with van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard). But these days I like Schevchenko, Maldini and ofcourse Gattuso.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/07/04 05:09 PM

I can't believe a team with Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Figo, Gonzalez, Ronaldo and Zidane (Real Madrid) lost to Monaco of all teams..

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/07/04 05:46 PM

Only stars doesn't make a team. And this is the proof.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/07/04 08:57 PM

Seeeriously. Real's out. A.C. Milan is out. I think its gonna be a Chelsea vs. Deportivo final in the Champions League.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/08/04 07:42 AM

Pfff, that was a kind of a defeat for ACM. Damnit. This Championsleague is the one of the lesser known clubs.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/08/04 09:12 AM

Good.

About time football returned to being about football and not simply money. Granted I know Chelsea are prime bank rolled material, but at least it is not one of the usual suspects who are going to get all the glory this time round.

Three of the four semi finalists have never even been in a final, so at least the so called experts have been proven wrong.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/08/04 09:34 AM

Chelsea had better not win it. OOOooooohhhh I'm so bitter!!!!!!!
I reckon Deportivo to win, but like you say, its good that it's much more open this year instead of the usual suspects.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/08/04 05:25 PM

Got my tickets for the game between Roma and Celtic the other day..Look like pretty good seats..The SkyDome should be packed for the match..any body else gonna see Champions World Series matches??
Posted By: Mardini

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/08/04 09:24 PM

I cannot believe Milan got thrashed like that. That was a heavy defeat. What were they doing? They had a comfortable lead from the 1st leg, but they threw it all away in the 2nd leg. I honestly thought they were gonna win it again this year after both Arsenal and Real Madrid were eliminated. I would really hate it if Chelsea would win it because a team doesn't win a competition by spending over $100 million on players. That's ridiculous. I don't mind if the winners were Monaco or Deportivo because nobody expected them to make it this far. Porto have a good chance to win it too. They won the UEFA Cup last season, so it would be interesting to follow up with a better trophy. May the best team win.
Posted By: joethegreek

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/12/04 12:10 PM

there seems to be a lot of gooners on here! im an arsenal fan to, i share a season ticket with my uncle, who sits in the clock end. i was there for the liverpool game on friday, Henry is the MAN!
Posted By: Vito The Godfather

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/17/04 11:58 AM

A shame for Real Madrid right now. Too bad for them. I've always had a sympathy for Deportivo La Coruña so much, and now they're just beating ass, like AC Milan and others. So, Viva Depo.
Posted By: Don Larzono

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/17/04 01:22 PM

Something I could never understand:

Nothing personal against you people who support Real Madrid, Milan, and other teams that are from other cities/countries than you, but how do you do it?

How do you feel passion for a team representing other people, other places, other traditions than your own?

I support Malmö FF, because I'm from Malmö, and the team represents our town. We can walk proudly when they win. We, the fans, can feel we have participated in the victory, since our support gave the players inspiration when it comes to dedication and loyalty to the club. We love the club because we ARE the club.

Though I can accept that someone likes to watch for example Real Madrid. I certainly do that myself. They play entertaining football. But I do in no way support them.

So tell me, please, how can you feel for teams like Juventus, Milan, Real Madrid?

This is not critisism, it is mearly a question about something I don't understand. Maybe it's just that I don't define the word "support" the same way some of you do?

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/18/04 03:32 PM

I call it gloryhunting, plain and simple.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/18/04 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Scottish Don:
I call it gloryhunting, plain and simple.
Exactly true (although we call 'em glory supporters down here).

But I support a team from another country for a totally different sport - American football. And personally I don't think anyone should question my passion for the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'm a huge fan and have been for aquite a while, they are far from being a dominant team in the sport anymore though. Last time they got to the Superbowl was '95 or '96 in which the Cowboys beat them.
Posted By: joethegreek

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/19/04 04:35 PM

there are so many Manchester United fans, not just in London and the South, but across the world. A prime example of glory hunting.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/20/04 09:18 PM

I can`t believe Chelsea lost to Monaco. Chelsea needs to win 3-0 in the second leg to advance.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/21/04 08:51 AM

Quote:
I can`t believe Chelsea lost to Monaco. Chelsea needs to win 3-0 in the second leg to advance.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/21/04 01:20 PM

Quote:
They only need to win 2-0 considering the away goal they had in Monaco.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/22/04 02:19 PM

Who cares about the tin pot European Cup!?

Dunfermline Athletic have reached the final of the Scottish Cup for the first time in my LIFETIME!!

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/25/04 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Scottish Don:
Who cares about the tin pot European Cup!?

Dunfermline Athletic have reached the final of the Scottish Cup for the first time in my LIFETIME!!
and you are in Europe too. Congratulations

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 04/28/04 07:56 AM

Yes indeed! Also for the first time in my lifetime.

As long as we do not end up being drawn against someone who plays in a war zone, I will be there for the away tie. Too rare to miss.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/06/04 12:00 AM

Good game today but I'm a bit pissed that Chelsea gave up a 2 - 0 lead and a trip to the finals. Guess Monaco was the better team. Its gonna be a Porto vs. Monaco final and I think Porto will win.
Posted By: Mardini

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/06/04 01:36 AM

I'm glad Chelsea didn't make it to the final. I can't stand them. It's gonna be an interesting final. Nobody expected these 2 teams to make it this far. I hope Monaco beats Porto. Porto won this competition back in '87, so I hope this trophy doesn't end up with a past winner. Monaco has never won a major trophy like this one. So it would be nice to see a new winner this year. The last time that happened was back in '97 when Dortmund beat Juventus. Since then, every season the trophy was won by a past winner. Allez Monaco!!!

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/06/04 02:22 PM

Also, and I may be slightly biased here, but I think they way Porto conduct themselves is deplorable. Constant diving and playacting.

They are a fantastic team, and with Deco have one of the greatest players in Europe, so I don't see the need for all the dramatics

I feel Morientes will settle it with a 2nd half header. Allez Monaco!

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/06/04 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sermanni:
Also, and I may be slightly biased here, but I think they way Porto conduct themselves is deplorable. Constant diving and playacting.

That's very true and I hate seeing it. Most football players are a bit theartrical but Porto take the piss.

Yeah quite biased too considering last years final

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/19/04 09:03 PM

Congrats to Valencia, the 2004 UEFA Cup Champions!
Posted By: Scarface.1

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/21/04 09:02 PM

MAN UNITED BETTER THAN THE REST U KNOW THEY ARE AND IF U DISAGREE U CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF.
WE knocked arsenal out the FA cup hahahaha FUCK OFF.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/21/04 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarface.1:
MAN UNITED BETTER THAN THE REST U KNOW THEY ARE AND IF U DISAGREE U CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF.
Where did they finish in the league? Have they ever gone unbeaten for a whole season?

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/22/04 12:15 AM

WE come third and whats your point u support blackburn wtf do u have to shout about? and u act like arsenal went unbeaten in europe only domestic league and have arsenal won 8 prem titles in 11 seasons? done the REAL treble become the most reconised football club in the world. Arsenal haven't done that and they won't. and arsene da paedo wenger will only go in ENGLISH HISTORY but alex ferguson is known all over europe and probably da world cos of his achievements. You blackburn fans must still be bitter that we took roy keane of you in the space of a day.
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
[quote]Originally posted by Scarface.1:
[b] MAN UNITED BETTER THAN THE REST U KNOW THEY ARE AND IF U DISAGREE U CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF.
Where did they finish in the league? Have they ever gone unbeaten for a whole season? [/b][/quote]

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/22/04 12:21 AM

WOW 7 times shti u r a die hard fan aren't you. I have a season ticket at old trafford in da stretford end. an i ave ad my season ticket for about 10 years now i used to sit in south but when they built the stretford end i was 1 of da first to get my ticket in the stretford end.
So really your not much of a die hard fan like me go every home game and alot of away games aswell.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bella Mafia UK:
[quote]Originally posted by That Moltisanti kid:
[b] Im Arsenal through and through
Brilliant - top bloke!!

We get support from all over the world, and Arsenal are my local team - I've been 7 times this season.
[/b][/quote]

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/22/04 12:40 AM

I'm not bitter about anything. I know Blackburn suck. We suck and you still didn't beat us a few weeks ago.

I wont forget the glory that was once Man Utd. Their achievements have been nothing short of outstanding. They raised the bar for English football But this season they have been terrible and everyone knows it. Their reign is over.

Win the FA cup tomorrow and be proud. But remember, there was once a time Fergeson didn't even want to enter that particular tournament due to it's insignificance with the other tournaments.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/22/04 01:02 AM

Are ran is over sponges like you make me laugh maybe is slipped your mind that rio ferdinand was banned for missing a drugs test for half of the season and in that first half we was top of the league had the best defence in the league and then gary neville got a 3 match ban and we only won 1 of those 3 matches. silvestre missed about 10 games with injury and wes brown missed most of the season with ole solskjear who scores about 14 goals in the league every season which really isn't bad.
Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I'm not bitter about anything. I know Blackburn suck. We suck and you still didn't beat us a few weeks ago.

I wont forget the glory that was once Man Utd. Their achievements have been nothing short of outstanding. They raised the bar for English football But this season they have been terrible and everyone knows it. Their reign is over.

Win the FA cup tomorrow and be proud. But remember, there was once a time Fergeson didn't even want to enter that particular tournament due to it's insignificance with the other tournaments.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/23/04 03:24 PM

Quote:
Are ran is over sponges like you make me laugh maybe is slipped your mind that rio ferdinand was banned for missing a drugs test for half of the season and in that first half we was top of the league had the best defence in the league and then gary neville got a 3 match ban and we only won 1 of those 3 matches.
That was the longest sentence I have ever read. Well done.

I remember a time when the Man U reserve team could hold their own against nearly any Premiership team. Don't give me sad excuses. A good team should be prepared for injuries and suspensions.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/24/04 09:51 AM

Quote:
WOW 7 times shti u r a die hard fan aren't you. I have a season ticket at old trafford in da stretford end. an i ave ad my season ticket for about 10 years now i used to sit in south but when they built the stretford end i was 1 of da first to get my ticket in the stretford end.
So really your not much of a die hard fan like me go every home game and alot of away games aswell.
Ok, so you've got a season ticket and get to go more often...I didn't realise this was a competition. The waiting list for a season ticket at Highbury is years long so I've gone to matches every opportunity I get, it's actually very hard to get tickets to Premiership matches at Highbury. Well I'm pleased I got to go the amount of times I did, and I've been to a few more since I posted that back in February.

No-one here is saying Man Utd are a shit team, I don't personally like them but that's me, I'm sure a lot of Man Utd fans hate Arsenal thats just inevitable in a competitive league like this. I know Man Utd are good.

I don't really feel the need to defend Arsenal on their achievements because i think they speak for themselves.

Congratulations on winning the FA cup by the way you must be really happy. Well done.

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/24/04 11:39 PM

Man Utd are garbage just now, looked crap this year.

Will do better next season though

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 05/25/04 02:20 PM

Blimey, this thread has gone off on a tangent......

Still, not too long until season 2004/05, would be nice if our management team deciced to stay after getting us to a cup final and a UEFA cup place though.
Posted By: Don Michel

Re: What soccer team do you support? - 06/03/04 12:36 AM

In the Netherlands:

Feyenoord Rotterdam

In Italy:

Juventus
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET