Home

still playing Mafia 1?

Posted By: Viceguy

still playing Mafia 1? - 02/09/13 12:58 PM

Anybody still at it? Even now and then? Ah still pull it down, dust it off, more so since hooking up here at GBB. Read somewhere in 2012 it was ranked #1 in go-anywhere-do-anything gameplay. Crude as it is, stands up IMHO as a counter point to some of today's snazzier mob offerings. Whadda ya say?
Posted By: stevapalooza

Re: still playing Mafia 1? - 02/12/13 11:21 AM

Yep. Every few years I get in the mood to play it again. It's a classic. It's like the Godfather of video games. Mafia 2 was ok, but a let-down after the first one I think.

Re: still playing Mafia 1? - 02/13/13 11:59 AM

My man! clap
Posted By: tenpin477

Re: still playing Mafia 1? - 02/16/13 04:51 PM

Haven't played it in awhile, now have the urge to play it again. One of the premier games I have ever played in my life. Probably responsible for much of my interest in the mafia.

Re: still playing Mafia 1? - 02/26/13 04:19 AM

I'm playing it now! I'm up to that pain-in-the-ass mission where you have to stack crates at the port. The first time I played I never even knew you could get guys to help you. I did it all alone.

I also rocked the stealth mission where you have to break into the DA's house. I only had to hit one guy and no one ever spotted me.

Also for the first time ever in the game, I ran out of gas. I didn't even know that could happen.
Posted By: DonMega

Re: still playing Mafia 1? - 02/26/13 04:50 PM

loved this game when it came out

Re: still playing Mafia 1? - 02/26/13 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: stevapalooza
...never even knew you could get guys to help you.

I didn't know that! panic

...break into the DA's house. I only had to hit one guy and no one ever spotted me.

Ya kiddin'. A thousand times and I never got away that clean.

...ran out of gas. I didn't even know that could happen.

I kinda knew...but it never happened. Now I want run out just so I can fill up lol

Re: still playing Mafia 1? - 02/27/13 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Viceguy

I didn't know that! panic

Yeah. You have to talk to them after you get the job from the foreman. They'll help you. But if you talk to them before the foreman gives you the job they just say go away. The game is sneaky that way. Also you have to let them take the last box. For some reason the job is not done until all the boxes are stacked neatly, and they're the only ones who can stack them neatly.

Ya kiddin'. A thousand times and I never got away that clean.

Me neither! This was the first time. I always figured that once the DA came home, that was it, you were caught. But it is possible to sneak past him too. A lot of it was just luck.

I kinda knew...but it never happened. Now I want run out just so I can fill up lol

Yeah. I always figured the gas stations were just for show, but you can really get gas from them.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: still playing Mafia 1? - 03/17/13 12:53 PM

I haven't played the game, but I was told the main character turns everybody to the cops at the end. Sounds good, but doesn't that make the whole game kind of pointless? I mean, fighting for the mafia cause during the whole story just to say at the end "wait a minute, what did I help those bastards for? Let's send them to jail" lol

Re: still playing Mafia 1? - 03/24/13 11:40 AM

Like a movie, man. The fun is in the experience. You don't not watch a movie cuz somebody tells you the lead winds up less than honorable. And who plays a game with a moral compass on the side. You get to kill people, drive cars, outsmart authorities, and take in the graphical rendering of a simulation. Who gives a eff the psyche of a cartoon character...
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: still playing Mafia 1? - 04/16/13 02:55 PM

Mafia II is a great game too, though. It was just too short and a shame you can't free roam at the end.
Posted By: Tony_Pro

Re: still playing Mafia 1? - 07/16/13 10:50 PM

I still drag it out to play on PS2 on occasion. Does the PC version have more features and missions? I love the game, though it is a bit-too mission-driven for my taste, not enough different things to do on free roam.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET