Home

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posted By: XDCX

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/06/11 06:17 PM

Anybody else playing this game? Holy crap, is it good or what?! Despite the numerous flaws and quirks (getting knocked hundreds of feet into the air by a giant, stuff randomly falling from the sky, dips in frame rate) the overall experience is so good that it is easy to forgive what it does wrong. The main quest is all well and good, but there are so many side quests that it is quite easy to get sidetracked. The Dark Brotherhood side quest could have easily been a game (albeit a much less ambitious game) of it's own, and there are plenty of other side quests that offer the same level of depth.

I'm about 60 hours into the game and haven't even reached 20% completion. It is a massive game that sucks you in and never lets go. If you are a fan of RPGs (more specifically, the ELDER SCROLLS franchise) this is a no-brainer. If you're just looking for the most in-depth, satisfying gaming experience of your life, SKYRIM is tough to beat. Pick it up!
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/07/11 10:10 PM

Best game ever. Enough said.
Posted By: Blake

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 12/07/11 11:53 PM

My brothers been playing the heck out of Skyrim. I plan to borrow it if he ever gets finished with it.
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 01/13/12 06:56 AM

its actually fairly easy, i dunno how much time i put into the game but i have about 45 of the 50 achievements, and had about 95% of the ones i do have within the first few days of the game. there are some annoying glitches sure but that doesnt stop the game from bein a good game

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 01/13/12 04:46 PM

I stopped playing at about 150 hours with only 39 achievements.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 01/27/12 01:16 AM

At almost 100 hours, I have given up on Skyrim. The PS3 version is a broken mess. The game either freezes or crashes whenever I enter a room or a dungeon, the frame rate stutters to a crawl if there are more than 3 people on screen at once, and during one particular quest, I was "given" a weapon by an NPC, but the weapon never showed up in my inventory. Having to do a hard reboot on my PS3 for every 10 minutes of gameplay is hardly worth the effort. Until Bethesda releases a patch to fix these issues, I'll be playing games that I can...you know...actually PLAY. So disappointing...

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 01/27/12 01:36 PM

They are going to release a new patch and the creation kit anytime soon:

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/01/19/news-on-the-creation-kit-and-game-updates/
Posted By: DonMega

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 02/26/13 05:03 PM

great game very long very slow though
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 03/01/13 02:02 PM

Morrowind was most definately the best int he series. But this one falls right behind it. And if you play on the PC has a really huge modding community that make the game so much better. You can basically set up a build of the game to your own preference. Nexus Mod Manager is incredibly helpful for that.

Overall great game altho have yet to beat it yet.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 03/06/13 02:39 AM

Very fun game. Been having problems with the dragonborn DLC tho
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET