Home

Godfather II game

Posted By: johnny ola

Godfather II game - 07/30/07 08:48 PM

Godfather 2 in development, it breaks our heart
11 Comments by Alexander Sliwinski Jul 27th 2007 10:26AM
Filed under: Sony PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Xbox 360, Action

Just when you think you're out, they pull you back in. In a stockholder meeting yesterday Frank Gibeau, head of EA Games, said Godfather 2 is currently in development. Fredo Corleone better watch out. Although, he's still got time to make up his mind if going fishing is a smart idea, the game currently has no official announcement or release date.

We expect Godfather II to have a more expansive San Andreas feel to it compared to the original. Godfather II the film not only had many more locations than The Godfather, but it also had two different time periods. It may actually be cool if the developers allow you to play a character who skips back and forth through time working for Vito and Michael. An official announcement should explain much more in the coming months, but considering The Godfather for Wii was made by using a scaled down version of the PS3 game, it looks like all console owners will be able to enjoy the sequel.
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: Godfather II game - 07/30/07 11:04 PM

Hopefully they give an officail announcement soon cant wait.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Godfather II game - 07/31/07 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: johnny ola
An official announcement should explain much more in the coming months, but considering The Godfather for Wii was made by using a scaled down version of the PS3 game, it looks like all console owners will be able to enjoy the sequel.

What does that have to do with enjoying the game? I've now played 3 versions - PS2, PS3, and Wii, and by far the Wii version is the best out of all. The control scheme saves this game from what is otherwise a pretty average-to-good GTA clone.

Seriously, given EA's commitment to the Wii, I wouldn't be surprised if, yet again, the definitive version of the game would be on Nintendo's console.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Godfather II game - 07/31/07 09:34 PM

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GODFATHER II THE GAME TO COME OUT!!!

... Are you going to be able to kill people with a clothes hanger?!!

Re: Godfather II game - 08/01/07 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Zadjali
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GODFATHER II THE GAME TO COME OUT!!!

... Are you going to be able to kill people with a clothes hanger?!!

Hail Mary
Posted By: whisper

Re: Godfather II game - 08/02/07 10:05 AM

It'll be a let down i reckon.

Re: Godfather II game - 08/02/07 05:35 PM

Its got a lot of scope for a great game but knowing EA...Well they have messed alot of games up.

Re: Godfather II game - 08/02/07 06:45 PM

They are alot of good games by EA...

Re: Godfather II game - 08/03/07 01:25 PM

Most of there Movie to game adaptions have been bad. Fifas were not great.

Re: Godfather II game - 08/03/07 04:58 PM

Need for Speed series are one of the best car games I have ever played!
and let's not forget Medal of Honor series, Burnout series, Command & Conquer and many others! \:\)

Re: Godfather II game - 08/03/07 09:55 PM

I didnt like need for speed, i perfer Gran turismo. The first medal of honor was incredible but the latest medal of honors were not as good. True Butnout and command and conquer are fun and great games but the James Bond games were bad. They can make great games but sometimes (and most of the time movie games) are not very good.

Re: Godfather II game - 08/04/07 11:45 PM

anyway let's hope they do a good job with this game!

Re: Godfather II game - 08/05/07 11:25 PM

Yep it has a lot of scope to be a good game.
Posted By: whisper

Re: Godfather II game - 08/07/07 03:55 PM

Anyone know the date of release???

Re: Godfather II game - 08/09/07 07:54 AM

probably somewhere in mid 2008??
Posted By: Pete_Clemenza

Re: Godfather II game - 10/10/07 12:46 AM

it better be on the ps2 or else I will have to go buy a ps3
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Godfather II game - 10/10/07 05:40 PM

The Wii version was, by far, the *best* of the GF1 game ports, so I look forward to GF2 on the Nintendo console. ;\)

Re: Godfather II game - 10/15/07 09:36 AM

Any news on this games.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: Godfather II game - 11/04/07 05:06 PM

You know what'd be cool? If they added a social system or something where everyone in the game could become your friend and you can hang out with them and stuff and do favors for them to increase their loyalty. Especially relationships and stuff with other gangsters could turn out to be really useful. Like say your friends with a gangster in the Cuneo family then you could go out with him one night get him drunk and get him to give you some info on the family or if hes really loyal he can act as a spy for you though consequences for stuff like that could be he could get whacked and you'd have to start all over with another gangster in that family and all gangsters in that family would trust you less. Also I'd like to see some in family struggles stuff. Since I'm guessing this will take place during the time period of GF II the movie then maybe you could choose to align your self with Michael or Fredo/Roth or even Frankie (just an idea).

Re: Godfather II game - 11/05/07 08:19 PM

added to what I was saying before someone lets say to decrease your friend's families suspicion you could feed him something small, but then you'd have to do something to decrease your suspicion level or you'd get whacked. I think this would be a really cool and useful feature if done right.
Posted By: DonBowe

Re: Godfather II game - 11/05/07 11:24 PM

Doesnt sound bad but could get a little complicated.
Posted By: ruggiero

Re: Godfather II game - 02/04/08 02:30 AM

Interesting to hear about this, I just saw a small mention of this while browsing Wikipedia yesterday. Still haven't had a chance to play the first Godfather film yet due to DVD-ROM incompatibility (theres a CD-ROM version out there i'm trying to track down), but I'll be looking forward to GF2

Here's two articles I found about it (not much significant info though)

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/05/18/the-godfather-2-the-game-sequel-in-development-at-ea.htm

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14858
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Godfather II game - 02/07/08 11:14 PM

I hope EA invites me back before the release!
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Godfather II game - 02/08/08 05:25 PM

Yeah maybe we could all search for you in the game...

I'll check the brothels first

Re: Godfather II game - 03/04/08 03:25 AM

I hope they release some more info about it soon the suspense is killing me lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET