Home

The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game)

Posted By: Pietro Morello

The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/26/06 06:17 PM

Im Underboss after completing the baptism assasinations, Now got to bomb the four territories.

How about you guys out there.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/26/06 11:49 PM

Just became Don of NYC. Now I'm playing through the game again.
Posted By: Tom

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/27/06 06:53 AM

I just got made(Solidier). Im spending my time taking over. I have 32 respect and have upgraded 3 weapons mostly off of robbing banks.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/27/06 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Just became Don of NYC.
The man in charge of making the game said 40+ hours... even for those who KNOW every step to take. So, lie to someone else.... :p
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/27/06 07:23 AM

Been made an underboss and bombed two compounds (Stracci and Tattaglia). Have also taken over a few warehouses and hubs.
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/27/06 07:36 AM

I'll be running the city just as soon as I can become Don of my playstation and make it run the damn thing. No luck so far.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/27/06 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
[b] Just became Don of NYC.
The man in charge of making the game said 40+ hours... even for those who KNOW every step to take. So, lie to someone else.... :p [/b][/quote]Now you know what my social life has been like the past few days.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/27/06 09:45 PM

Underboss
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/27/06 09:55 PM

I stink at this game.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 12:48 AM

Don
Posted By: R Reed

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 02:00 AM

Don

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 02:05 AM

Outsider.

Granted, I've only been able to put a couple hours into it so far - don't worry, I'll catch up! :p

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 03:02 AM

I have run over about 80 civilians. Does that count for anything?
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
So my cousin isn't the only one doing that?! I was griping at him the whole time I watched him play, because not only was he hitting every person he drove by, it looked like he was even aiming for them!

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Just became Don of NYC. Now I'm playing through the game again.
No offense but there is no way you took over NYC.
It would take the average gamer 100+ hours even with the guide in hand since the guide does not show a few of the secret areas you can find. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 03:33 AM

It took me 20 hours to be Don. I highly doubt it'll take 100+ for Don of NY.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
It took me 20 hours to be Don. I highly doubt it'll take 100+ for Don of NY.
Average gamer would be lucky to complete the 91.5 percent it takes to get the rank. It may take you less time if in 20 hours you made Don but even the creators of the game played it over and over and it took them 50 plus hours and that was after knowing where everything was. So my comment was not off really. It was also not meant to offend or create tension I don't wan't to be swimming with the fishes!

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by R Reed:
[quote]Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
[b] Just became Don of NYC. Now I'm playing through the game again.
No offense but there is no way you took over NYC.
It would take the average gamer 100+ hours even with the guide in hand since the guide does not show a few of the secret areas you can find. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Yea, I'm glad you sat down and actually watched me while I was playing the game. :rolleyes:

News flash: just because the developers and producers say it'll take that long to become Don of NYC doesn't make it true for everybody. I became Don of NYC in under 45 hours.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 07:32 AM

I don't think "becoming Don" necessarily means you beat the game, or completed everything, either. Maybe the 100+ hours (or whatever) is to get a 100% score. And I'm SURE no one has gotten 100% yet, after a week, so.......... :p

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 03:33 PM

I doubt anyone has reached 100% completion, either. That would take not only becoming Don of NYC at 91.5% ( :p ), but also find all 100 hidden film reels, and cracking all 50 or so safes. I doubt I'll ever find all 100 film reels. I've been playing the GTA games for years now, and still haven't found all the hidden packages in those games.
Posted By: Joeybats

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 05:44 PM

I'm currently a soldier. If I had been rushing things I probably would've been at Capo by now, but what's the rush. I want this game to last, and I'm savoring it. I've got to tell you I haven't grinned like this playing a game since I can't remember.
Posted By: Pietro Morello

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 08:50 PM

Wise decision.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/28/06 11:49 PM

I took out the Tattaglia's and own Brooklyn. I'm working on the Cuneo's, but not having much luck. Plus I don't get much time to play it between school and work (plus my brother hooked up the PS2 in the basement, where everyone watches TV, I'm going to move it soon).
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/29/06 12:39 AM

I'm still a capo. I've done about 75% of the hits and missions, but still have about half the businesses and rackets to take over yet.

I'm certainly not an experienced gamer anymore since my college days ended several years ago, but don't you guys get the feeling while playing this game that it isn't a matter of if I'll beat it, but when? Trust me, I'm not complaining because if it was difficult, there is no way I'd beat it. However, if I was a hard-core gamer, I would be more than a little disappointed.

I really enjoy the game for obvious reasons, but I think they could have made it a little more challenging. Once you've taken over all the different forms of rackets and businesses once of twice, you know exactly what to expect and how to beat them all the next time. It almost feels like a chore now having to finish take over the rest.

As far as the warehouses and hubs are concerned, if you just save those for last, they aren't too difficult either. Even taking over a compound surprised me with how easy it was. Now granted, I've only taken over Tattaglia's compound, so, judging from what I've read, I'm sure they 'll get tougher.

Sorry about the rant. I'm at parent-teacher conferences and I have a break before my next one. What do you guys think.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/29/06 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffer:
Sorry about the rant. I'm at parent-teacher conferences and I have a break before my next one. What do you guys think.
My parents never went to parent-teacher conferences so I'm not really sure what to make of them......oh you mean the game

My views on it: There should be more than 4 or 5 types of cars. You should be able to get hurt while in a car (crashing into things etc.) Taking over businesses was fun at the beginning now its pretty boring. The only "fun" in it is seeing how much money you can get. It took me 9 or 10 tries to take out my first warehouse, but after that its just the same thing over and over again. Same guys in the same spot, so you know if you walk up these stairs or you open this door there will be someone there
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/29/06 01:52 AM

Can someone walk me through step by step on how to take over family compounds, particularily the Tattaglias?

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/29/06 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
Can someone walk me through on how to take over family compounds?
How far have you gotten in it and what do you want to know?

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/29/06 02:00 AM

I just finished the Woltz mission, but I just wanna see what other people are doing, and seeing if it's similar to taking over a warehouse, which I am planning to do shortly.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/29/06 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
I just finished the Woltz mission, but I just wanna see what other people are doing, and seeing if it's similar to taking over a warehouse, which I am planning to do shortly.
Not really similar, there are way more people at a compound. The road leading up to it, the area in front of it and both houses are crawling with people. The whole idea to take over a compound is to get into the basement and blow it up.

HINT
When you are leaving the compound after placing the bomb put your gun away. I have noticed that they tend to fight "fair" so if you put your gun away for the most part so will they.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/29/06 02:09 AM

I made it to underboss in two days almost Don on day three but then I had to take it back to blockbusters.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/29/06 02:59 AM

Right now, I am Underboss, having taken over just the Tataglias. I cant get out of any of the other compunds without getting shot, or the bomb exploding w/ me inside the house. I havent played vidoe games in well over a year though, so I figure I'm due a little slack
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/31/06 07:22 PM

Underboss. I run Little Italy & New Jersey. I've pretty much wiped the map clean of Stracci gangsters and own everything in midtown minus the enemy compound. Just bought the Dillinger Machine Gun.
Posted By: MafiaAssassin777

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/31/06 09:25 PM

I control all of the businesses and rackets and have a rank of Don.
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 03/31/06 09:27 PM

Made it to Don of NYC today. I went about the whole thing in a completely bass-ackwards way. I started off with Tattaglia, took some of his businesses down and then went for the compound, which was relatively easy. I then concentrated on Stracci and Barzini and that took me some time. I ended up with all rackets and businesses when I took the Cuneo compound down at 4pm today. It was weird because I was made Don Cormeone, and then had to go to a meeting directly after in Little Italy where I was made capo di tutti capi. I thought to myself, that was quick

Really enjoyed playing it. Now for robbing the banks...
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/02/06 10:33 PM

Still outsider, but I haven't played very long yet.
Posted By: AZTECA

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/03/06 12:23 AM

I made Don of NYC Friday night. Now I'm just running around looking for the film reels and playing a new game with a different character. The scene where you make Don of the city is great.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/03/06 02:11 PM

i've became a soilder just 2 days ago...
I've been playing +20 hours until now...
I've got nearly 40% of all the businesss in NY ...

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/04/06 07:00 AM

I'm only like 18% in "game progress" after about 10 hours or so... tried my first warehouse, but died inside. Wasn't ready, or even expecting it - just figured, WTF! lol Got most of Little Italy, tho... but had "Extreme" heat on me after killing a half dozen cops in Midtown after taking over a business... I can't believe I escaped!!!! LOL

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/04/06 10:25 AM

LOL

I've reached level 3 magnum it changes into python it's 240000 !!!

I was in a war with Cuneo Family...
after shooting here and there "BADA BING - BADA BONG"
I was just RUNNING to the basement of a church and just one road away from the church to bribe the fbi agent some cuneo came out and ICED me with a shotgun :p
Posted By: La Cosa Nostra

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/08/06 01:13 AM

I hate it when they ice you a split second before you can fire again.

Anyways, I'm Don Corleone with about 15 hours of gameplay, just gotta extort all the businesses now, although I eliminated Tattaglia awhile back, so I only have to deal with Cuneo, Barzini, and Stracci

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/08/06 11:41 PM

I'm around 15 hrs in, too.

And I'm a freakin' idiot.

I took down the second Tattaglia warehouse in Little Italy, to gain control of the whole territory, then strolled out of there like I owned the place and got shot down. :rolleyes:

I also blew myself up trying to plant a bomb in a bank - freakin' stupid!

But, at least I finally got Little Italy. Level 21. I need more money, tho...

Brooklyn's next, so watch out SC!!
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/09/06 01:34 PM

My wife bought me this last week and I've spent far too much time on it now. I'm a Capo, trying to get the ability to carry two bombs so I can take out the Tattaglia's compound.
Posted By: Antoni Canoli

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/10/06 12:25 AM

So far.. I am about 12 or so hours into the game...think I am going about it wrong...lol,. but I am already at the Sonny getting shot stage (I have been doing the missions mostly, was worried that they wouldnt wait on me to fiddle around doing my own things, is that right??). But anyway back to the point.. I am a Soldier at this point.. have yet to take down any wherehouses or compounds (other than the one I took down with Sonny in a mission)...

So... can I fiddle around doing my own thing (such as extortion, taking over compounds/wherehouses, and doing hits) and ignore the story mission without being harmed (by that I mean damaging the story and my standing in the family)??

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/10/06 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Antoni Canoli:
So... can I fiddle around doing my own thing (such as extortion, taking over compounds/wherehouses, and doing hits) and ignore the story mission without being harmed (by that I mean damaging the story and my standing in the family)??
Oh definitely. My first time through the game, I would complete a mission, then take over 5 or 6 businesses and/or warehouses before continuing with the story. It's actually a good idea, because the more respect you gain, the more you can upgrade your stats, and the less trouble you'll have in the tougher missions later on in the game.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/12/06 08:06 AM

Still Soldier.

Damn... what's it take to be Capo??

I'm Level 23... last mission was throwing Bruno Tattaglia into the fire. Just spent $75k on a freakin' Saturday Night Special, after spending $40k on a safehouse last night... and still have (only have?) $50k left over.

But anyway - how long 'til I'm Capo? I still need to take down the Tattaglia compound... and sweep thru Brooklyn... guess that's next, the compound....

But won't I make more weekly $ if I extort more Tattaglia businesses first? Will they all just disappear if I take down the compound first? (I own Little Italy already - I'm talking Brooklyn)

PS - I'm about 14 hrs into it.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/12/06 11:19 AM

I think you've got a couple more missions before you're Capo, I don't want to post any spoilers though.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/12/06 12:39 PM

Quote:
Will they all just disappear if I take down the compound first?
No, you still have to extort their buisnessess.

I'm about 5 buisnessess away from eliminating the Tattaglias completley.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/14/06 08:39 AM

Just got Level 26, but still Soldier...

There are only 2 non-Corleone controlled spots left in Little Italy.

Pretty funny, I went in with guns blazing to a Cuneo-controlled warehouse not even realizing it was warehouse -- I was like man, there are a lot of dudes in this business!

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/14/06 03:41 PM

Done with all the story missions.

I'm pretty sure I'm done with the contract killings as well.

I've eliminated three families: Tattaglias, Cuneos, Straccis, and slowly working on the Barzinis.

I'm underboss and working on cash so I can get some stronger weaponry making it easier to take out the Barzinis. I think I've got most weapons other than one of the stronger machine guns, I still have the level two Tommy gun, so I want to upgrade to the next one before going further.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/14/06 04:03 PM

Don't even waste your money upgrading any guns other than to get the Dillinger and the Streetsweeper. The Level 1 pistol will kill your enemies with one headshot anyways. Once you get those two guns, you have like 600 rounds to use between the two, so you never have to use any other gun. I would use the money to buy safehouses, so its easier to rob banks and you can get your free ammo.
Posted By: Verbal Assassin

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/14/06 04:30 PM

Yesterday my brother became Don of NYC.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/16/06 03:44 AM

I beat it tonight after work.

I am capo di tutti capi after seizing the Barzini's hub, and making $20,000 to buy the dillinger to help me raid their compound.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/16/06 05:43 PM

I finally hit Capo last night, Level 27.

I've cleared every Tattaglia business except 1, plus the compounds... those'll be soon probably - I'm scared!

Is it just me, or the more respect you have the shop owners (at least the easy ones) just seem to hand you the place w/o any intimidation? I guess I gotta try the intimidation before the extortion now on them...

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/16/06 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Love:
I beat it tonight after work.

I am capo di tutti capi after seizing the Barzini's hub, and making $20,000 to buy the dillinger to help me raid their compound.
the dillinger is a great weapon to have...
many of my friends just LOVE IT...
But I don't it looks ugly
Posted By: Luciano Fanucci

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/19/06 06:19 PM

I became Don of New York a while ago. Ive took over all businesses and rackets, cracked all safes and got all film reels. But im stuck on an execution style, does anyone know how I can do the "Road Rage Execution" ?

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/19/06 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
But im stuck on an execution style, does anyone know how I can do the "Road Rage Execution" ?
That's an easy one, not sure how you haven't done it at least by accident -- according to the strat guide, "run over a mobster with your vehicle".

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/20/06 08:34 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
[b]But im stuck on an execution style, does anyone know how I can do the "Road Rage Execution" ?
That's an easy one, not sure how you haven't done it at least by accident -- according to the strat guide, "run over a mobster with your vehicle". [/b][/quote]LOL

That's hard ...
Posted By: Ballsy McDuff

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/20/06 01:59 PM

I got to Don of NYC, I've spent almost 40 hours on the game but only because I spent some time blowing up cop cars and shooting people for the heck of it. I found the reels with some help from a game guide, I had found about 75 or so on my own, I played GTA so I know about those hidden things. I have one more safe to find to completely finish off the game, but I don't know which one I missed, so I've been avoiding having to go back through the businesses to find it.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/20/06 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Zadjali:
[quote]Originally posted by J Geoff:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
[b]But im stuck on an execution style, does anyone know how I can do the "Road Rage Execution" ?
That's an easy one, not sure how you haven't done it at least by accident -- according to the strat guide, "run over a mobster with your vehicle". [/b][/quote]LOL

That's hard ... [/b][/quote]I did, but it hasnt worked!
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/21/06 01:21 PM

I also have become don of new York

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/22/06 02:41 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Zadjali:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by J Geoff:
[b]
quote:
But im stuck on an execution style, does anyone know how I can do the "Road Rage Execution" ?

That's hard ... [/b][/quote]I did, but it hasnt worked!

on what console are you playing the godfather? PC , ps2 or X Box?

maybe your not doing it right???

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/22/06 07:38 PM

Quote:
I became Don of New York a while ago. Ive took over all businesses and rackets, cracked all safes and got all film reels. But im stuck on an execution style, does anyone know how I can do the "Road Rage Execution" ?
No, wait it wasnt the road rage execution, it was the Traffic Accident Execution, how do I accomplish that one?

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/22/06 08:07 PM

Quote:
No, wait it wasnt the road rage execution, it was the Traffic Accident Execution, how do I accomplish that one?
That explains it...

You have to toss the goon into oncoming traffic...

This, and the Hard Head Execution, are the last 2 I need to do.... and for some reason I'm having trouble accomplishing them.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/22/06 09:49 PM

This is a stupid question, but how can you tell which executions you've already done?

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/22/06 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cancerkitty:
This is a stupid question, but how can you tell which executions you've already done?
On Toms report, go on "Execution Styles"
Posted By: ConnieCorleone

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 12:21 AM

Been playing for about a week. I just became underboss. I just worked strictly on the main missions. Now I'm working on the hits from Clemenza and Al Neri. Also just taking over shops and hotels. Then I'll get started on the warehouses and eventually the other family compounds.
Lots to do, great game.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 01:58 AM

I've been afraid to do the last couple missions until I completed as much as I could of the rest. Can you still become Don of NYC if you complete the missions first and then do the rest of the take-downs?
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 03:08 AM

In my opinion as a bonus for finding hidden objects or beating the game, it should've unlocked secret articles of clothing or secret weapons.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 10:43 AM

Quote:
I've been afraid to do the last couple missions until I completed as much as I could of the rest. Can you still become Don of NYC if you complete the missions first and then do the rest of the take-downs?
yes you can...
I've taken nearly everything only the film reels and the Barzini compound and a Cuneo Warehouse... they are so freakin HARD... any tips?
all of my weapons are LV 3 the only weapon is left is the shotgun it's in LV2
I was disaponted with the dillinger it looks cool but I feel the type writer was cooler...
Classic Mobsters favourite weapon

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 09:49 PM

How do you upgrade your weapons?
I keep going to the "black market" guys and they only offer me stuff that I already have.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 09:56 PM

You look in your map and see the guns with two stars and those are the upgrades. The ones with three stars are the level 3 upgrades.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 10:07 PM

so thats what those are

can i go right to a level 3 weapon or do i need to do a level 2 first?

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 10:08 PM

You can go right to Level 3 if you have enough money. I love the Saturday Night Special -- and it's "cheap" compared to the other Level 3's (and the only one I have so far)...
Posted By: anthony lee

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 10:39 PM

i love the street sweeper tis class lol i recommend that weapon i believe its in new jersey i may b wrong

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 10:52 PM

Quote:
I know your question has already been answered, but I discovered something interesting this weekend while playing through a second time that pertains.

You don't even have to take down all the businesses and rackets or complete all the hits to become Don of NYC. Taking down the compounds was my favorite part of the game so I did that fairly quickly the second time around. I also did the storyline missions pretty much right away so I could keep more money. I didn't do more than 2-3 hits and I still had about 10-12 businesses/rackets/warehouses/hubs left and I was made Don of NYC. I had completely taken out the Tattaglias and Cuneos, but I still had yet to take over all the Stracchi's and Barzini's businesses. So really, if you just want to "beat the game", I wouldn't sweat doing everything; I would worry about the main missions and compounds. It took me 19 hours the second time to become Don.

I would be interested to know just how much you exactly have to accomplish to be Don of NYC. If you just finished the story missions and took over all the compounds, would you still become Don of NYC even if you hadn't taken over any businesses? From all the reviews and comments on the board, I thought you had to accomplish everything that the game had to offer first.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 11:18 PM

The Strat Guide says, "The Don of NYC ending is available once 92% of the game is complete" (Page 325)

However, rushing thru the game might be more difficult -- at least on the first run thru -- since you won't have as much respect/skill from practicing w/ the business takeovers...
Posted By: anthony lee

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/23/06 11:21 PM

you actually need 91.5% done lol its like 0.5 % for every business
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/24/06 03:35 AM

i'm playing the game on PC, to get to the vehicle is press SPACE bar. but the problem is i can't get out. lol! help guys on what key to use. grazie!

GoodFella

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 04/24/06 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
i'm playing the game on PC, to get to the vehicle is press SPACE bar. but the problem is i can't get out. lol! help guys on what key to use. grazie!

GoodFella
You use the space bar again, I belive. Although I think there's a problem if you're using a no CD crack where it won't let you get out of a vehicle.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 05/06/06 04:49 PM

I made DON last night! In fact, at 94% complete, I could get Don of NYC, but I'm gonna wait 'til I complete 100% of the extortions and rackets. (Can you still play after becoming Don of NYC?)

I'm broke after buying the last Level 3 weapon, but don't need money any more. I still have 2 execution styles to do, but don't think I'll remember to do them, or even be able to do them. I have a hard time flinging people for some reason...

I should finish everything by the time I'm 60 hrs into it -- not too bad for someone who doesn't play video games much.

Here I am... Antonio.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 05/07/06 07:10 AM

P.S. I forgot to admit... yeah, I used the "corleone" (health) and "stracci" (ammo) cheats a lot! But will try not to during my second round...

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 05/07/06 03:19 PM

wow CONGRATS! DON MALTA !!!

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 05/11/06 03:26 AM

I get the dumb move of the day award. I just went into the Barzini compund, and forgot to take bombs. :rolleyes:
...BTW, I completed all the missions, extorted all the businesses, and took down 3 out of 4 compunds, etc. Why am I only "Underboss"?

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 05/12/06 10:00 PM

Quote:
I made DON last night! In fact, at 94% complete, I could get Don of NYC, but I'm gonna wait 'til I complete 100% of the extortions and rackets. (Can you still play after becoming Don of NYC?)
Yes, you can still play, but there isn't much reason to. I made Don of NYC in about 29 hours. I still have a warehouse left, but nothing much else. This was a fun game, but it defintely is not very difficult.

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 05/13/06 03:48 AM

Quote:

I'm broke after buying the last Level 3 weapon, but don't need money any more. I still have 2 execution styles to do, but don't think I'll remember to do them, or even be able to do them. I have a hard time flinging people for some reason...

I should finish everything by the time I'm 60 hrs into it -- not too bad for someone who doesn't play video games much.
You're still playing that game?

Only kidding, Don Malta

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 05/15/06 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Love:
You're still playing that game?

I only play it a couple times/week lately... :p
Posted By: Don Dallal

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 05/26/06 05:17 PM

Well I'm Underboss Now. I'm Bombing The 4 Compounds (I Bombed Tattaglia's & Stracci's) .
Posted By: Don Dallal

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 05/28/06 09:36 PM

Well Im Don Now Takin Over Buisnesses ... To Be Don Of NYC
Posted By: Aaron_Corleone

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 12/23/06 04:26 PM

I'm Don of NYC. Also, when the game is over you can find some surviving enemy gang members. But it takes the will of searching for them. There are some straccis near the railroad area in front of the old Stracci compound.
Posted By: Aaron_Corleone

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 12/23/06 04:29 PM

P.S. They respawn. So they are always there.
Posted By: The Mob

Re: The *What Rank Are You* Thread (The Godfather Game) - 01/08/07 12:47 AM

I'm underboss.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET