Home

GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers*

Posted By: J Geoff

GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/24/06 05:07 PM

I think a new thread is in order for those playing to share their hints and tips with those struggling to get past certain sections of the game, or have other gameplay questions....

So feel free to post your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!
Posted By: Eddie Mozzarella

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/24/06 05:31 PM

Don't need help, but just wanted to say I wish the Woltz mission was given to you in the order of the movie. It was kinda weird doing it AFTER Don Corleone got shot. Oh well, great game otherwise.
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/24/06 11:01 PM

Haven't got to play the game a whole lot since I bought it with work and all, but what I've seen, I've definately liked!

I don't really need any help yet, but I was wondering if there is any disadvantage to completing all the missions before you extort and take over rackets/warehouses, compounds, etc? I have been doing them both at the same regularity, but have really found myself wanting to continue with the movie missions first just because I can't wait to see what how they'll correspond to the movies. Thanks.
Posted By: FortunatoParadise

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/24/06 11:50 PM

I have been busy around these days, but...Does this means the game was alredy release?
...Fortunato...

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/25/06 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Buffer:
I was wondering if there is any disadvantage to completing all the missions before you extort and take over rackets/warehouses, compounds, etc?
Well yeah - that's the difference between ending up Underboss or Boss...
Posted By: R Reed

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/25/06 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by Jimmy Buffer:
[b]I was wondering if there is any disadvantage to completing all the missions before you extort and take over rackets/warehouses, compounds, etc?
Well yeah - that's the difference between ending up Underboss or Boss... [/b][/quote]The great part of the game is knowing when to do freelance jobs and when to take care of family matters. the extortions will help you raise cash with out a cash flow you won't get far in the game. 1 small tip if you get an offer from someone willing to pay say 900.00 a week pushing a bit harder may raise the offer over double that amount it pays not to take the first offer. Although this won't always be the case it is fun.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 02:56 AM

Hints and tips on taking over another family's compound:

1) Fully upgrade your health, shooting, and Street Smarts (or close to fully upgrade). You can also upgrade the others, as well, but those first three are the most crucial.

2) Make sure you have at least two level 3 weapons. I'd recommend the Level 3 Tommy Gun (Dillinger) and the Level 3 Magnum. Also, make sure you have at least 2 bombs (you'll need them to blow up the two houses in the compound) and a full stockpile of dynamite and molotovs.

3) Try and take out all (or at least 90%) of a family's businesses and before you tackle the compound. If you eliminate their businesses first, there will be fewer soldiers to deal with on the compound.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 03:01 AM

How do you get the Level 3 weapons? I still have the normal ones.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 04:06 AM

I picked up the Limited Edition PS2 version and the strategy guide today. I'll be playing all night.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
How do you get the Level 3 weapons? I still have the normal ones.
No idea, yet... I just started over from scratch today, and haven't gotten very far. But I did run into a Level 2 gun and he wanted like $12k for it! (I didn't have that much yet). Can't imagine Level 3 just yet.... but in time, the money will roll in I suppose...!

Keyword: EXTORT!
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 03:16 PM

Go to the map.......level 2 weapons is a black symbol of a gun with 2 stars. Level 3 weapons are a yellow symbol of a gun with 3 stars.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 03:36 PM

Well sure, if you wanna cheat, use the map and strat guide. :p (DUH! )

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 04:12 PM

No strategy guide, just the map.

I went to purchase a lvl 3 weapon today.....275,000 The tommy gun lvl 3 is much more

Right now I'm a lvl 30 capo, tattaglia's are eliminated and I'm fighting a two front war with Stracci and Cuneo. I have a 32k weekly income and paying 37 "tribute"

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 04:22 PM

Here I was bitching about a $12k Level 2 pistol that just held more bullets.

Wow, cool! Seems like you're doing it right; not just zipping thru just cuz you can say you finished it already... Or maybe if you're only making $32k you're not doing enough? :p How far into the game are you (% completed)?

Which version are you playing?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 04:57 PM

Quote:
Wow, cool! Seems like you're doing it right; not just zipping thru just cuz you can say you finished it already... Or maybe if you're only making $32k you're not doing enough? :p How far into the game are you (% completed)?

Which version are you playing?
I have 82% of the missions completed, but I've stopped doing them until I take out stracci and cuneo.

I think I'm 52% completed with everything. I've done 67% of contracts, over 50% extortion and I think 40% rackets.

I don't know what a good weekly salary is, I'm a little over 70k total I believe so its 32k to me with the rest going to the family. I have a little over 400k cash, so now I'm going to go look for some lvl 3 weapons.

Once I take over the stracci and cuneo hub I will be very happy. Those hubs give you tons of money.

PC version of course, my pc is a monster

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 05:08 PM

I'm currently rolling in around $250k/week, with a tribute of 50%. I've taken over all but 3 fronts, and 3 rackets. I've got two more warehouses to seize, one more shipping hub, and two more compounds (Cuneo and Barzini).

The only weapon I have left to upgrade is my shotgun (which is currently a Level 2). But the Street Sweeper shotgun is a cool $500,000! Hell, the Lev. 3 pistol was $250K!

Some advice, not only do you have to seize as many fronts and rackets as possible, but you wanna occasionally rob a bank, too. My bank of choice is in northern Midtown. There's a Barzini hotel nearby that you can take over, with a safehouse inside. It's the most expensive safehouse in the game though, running you $125,000 I think.

Anyway, the bank in northern Midtown is a $50,000 bank. Before you rob it, head over to the police station and pay off the chief ($1,000). He'll keep the cops off your ass as long as you don't kill any officers during the heist. Head down to the basement of the bank, kill the guard that's guarding the door. Then immediately turn around and kill the guard that appears behind you, and kill any other guards coming your way. Then go through the door to the vault, plant some dynamite, and take cover. Grab the loot, and haul ass back to your nearest safehouse. You just made a quick $50K!

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 05:13 PM

Quote:
I'm currently rolling in around $250k/week, with a tribute of 50%
So does that mean you are taking in 125 or you have a total of 500k income?

I wonder how far behind I am or if I'm doing something wrong. I have 10 or so places left for cuneo and stracci and all of barzini left

Do you make money for taking over a compound?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
So does that mean you are taking in 125 or you have a total of 500k income?

I wonder how far behind I am or if I'm doing something wrong. I have 10 or so places left for cuneo and stracci and all of barzini left I imagine you do, though. I know you get a shitload of respect for taking over compounds, plus a safehouse and free ammo. I'm about to tackle the Cuneo compound, so I'll let you know when I take em down.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 06:02 PM

How do you find warehouses in the game? I have taken over about half of the businesses and rackets, but haven't even started with the warehouses and hubs, much less a compound.

As far as the safehouses are concerned, I have found that buying them comes in handy. The most expensive one I've bought so far was 85K, but it is continuously stockpiled with all the ammo and health you need.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 06:26 PM

I figured out part of my problem, I wasn't going after the shopkeepers well enough. Once I'd get them to the "payout" point I accepted and didn't go for any weak spot bonuses or anything. I brought one guy from 640 to 1450 by pressuring him more. Thats why I'm only at 32

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 06:31 PM

Quote:
How do you find warehouses in the game? I have taken over about half of the businesses and rackets, but haven't even started with the warehouses and hubs, much less a compound.
Easy way- look at your map. If you go to the points of interest dropdown menu you can click on each family. Each business they own has a $ next to it. if it has $ or $$ it is a business, $$$ means warehouse, $$$$ is a hub, and $$$$$ is compound.

Harder way- drive around and look for cars blocking the road with people from a rival family behind the cars. Only warehouses hubs and the compounds have the roadblocks.

As someone said before I believe, take care of the $ and $$ first, the less businesses and rackets they have the easier it is to take over hubs and wareshouses. I took over both warehouses of the Tattaglias and the Compound, by the time I got to the hub it was easier than the warehouses (for me at least).

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 06:47 PM

Much appreciated.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 08:33 PM

Here are pics of my character, I modeled after Vincent from Collateral.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/26/06 11:52 PM

Just took over the Barzini compound a couple hours ago and became the new Don Corleone. I just bought the remaining safehouses I hadn't yet purchased, and I completed all the Mobster Executions. Now I'm Don of NYC.

BTW, DMC. You don't get any money for actually taking over the compounds, but the compounds add a decent amount of money to your weekly income.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/27/06 12:44 AM

I'm an Underboss, but what makes you the Don? Destroying all the compounds or doing that and taking over all the businesses?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/27/06 12:50 AM

You become Don after taking over all the compounds. You become Don of NYC after performing all the special executions and purchasing all the safe houses, as well as taking over all businesses, rackets, warehouses, and shipping hubs.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/27/06 12:59 AM

I discovered something yesterday - If you hit the Print Screen button, it will take a snapshot of the current game screen and save it as a hi-rez BMP in My Documents\GF

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/27/06 08:40 AM

I know some are having trouble with levels or cash.
I really don't want anyone to ruin the fun by using cheats but if you need some help here are a few for the PC.

*Spoilers*

$5000 Cheat
Press ESC. At the Pause Menu enter "cuneo"

Full Ammo Cheat
Press ESC. At the Pause Menu enter "stracci"

Full Health Cheat
Press ESC. At the Pause Menu enter "corleone"

Movies Cheat
Press ESC. At the Pause Menu enter "tattaglia"
Posted By: McCluskey

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/27/06 10:57 AM

Does somebody know any cheats for the PS2 version? I am pretty impatient...

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/27/06 01:49 PM

Have not found any yet sorry. PC cheats are easy to figure out then the console versions. I am sure someone will post a few or a link if they find them.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/27/06 05:14 PM

I got the following hint when I registered my version online:

**** SPOILER ****

"When you think you're ready for the challenge take on a compound. The Tattaglias in north east Brooklyn might be the weakest family in New York, but that doesn't mean they are going to let you walk right in. Bring some bombs along and blow up the support pillars in the basements. You may start a mob war, but if you are successful you'll have a new safe house with a bunch of guards."

--

Also, after filling out the survey, I got the PC cheats that Rich posted, with one change:

Go to the Load Game menu and, using the keyboard, type: UNLOCK MOVIES -- tattaglia

Go to the Pause Menu (by pressing ESC) and, using the keyboard, type:
FULL HEALTH -- corleone
FULL AMMO -- stracci
$5000 -- cuneo

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/28/06 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by McCluskey:
Here you go

$5,000
Cheat code: Square, Circle, Square, Square, Circle, L3

Full Ammo
Cheat code: Circle, Left, Circle, Right, Square, R3

Full Health
Cheat code: Left, Square, Right, Circle, Right, L3

Unlock All Movies
Note: this code is entered at the main menu where trailer is shown.
Cheat code: Circle, Square, Circle, Square, Square, L3
Posted By: McCluskey

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/28/06 07:04 AM

Thanks a lot man!

See you tonight Tattaglias...
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/28/06 09:49 PM

I remember going through GTA:VC and GTA:SA without the cheats and completing them. I then went back over the game sagain and did them with the cheats. As we all know the cheats had a knock-on effect with the gameplay of these two games, game saves were affected and so on.

I'd be hesitant to use cheats without completing the game first in case the same conflicts apply to the Godfather game, but I have to admit that when hiding behind a trash can with my health meter in the red and no ammo for my streetsweeper, cheats would be nice
Posted By: Dominic Corleone

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/28/06 10:44 PM

action replay ps2

Godfather, The

There are 6 codes for this game.

(M)
XY57-JEJ5-0G65T
7H2C-DC2M-FNE81

Infinite Ammo
4N0R-85ZG-1JG9W
3W9Q-TWMA-YM6VW

Never Reload
3CV6-GAGU-WRQ2U
2K14-W0QT-T74RT

L1+L2 Max Skill Points
Q3MA-TQQ1-0PB77
KJDP-F4YJ-C258M
PPN2-06MH-D0UD2

All Films Unlocked
9759-JZ89-X87N5
ZJA0-Y3YT-HNTV6
YAQ0-BUMM-W949H

Infinite Cash-Main Menu
M6Y8-79NX-D181D
BB32-WBZ4-WGCF1

Pushbuton
While game is paused.
Code Effect
square,circle,square,square,circle,L3 $5,000
circle,left,circle,right,square,R3 Full Ammo
left,square,right,circle,right,L3 Full Health

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/29/06 12:44 AM

What family do you guys recommend taking down after the Tattaglias? The hits and missions would seem to indicate Cuneos, but I see some of you took out Stracchi. Or does it not really matter?

Also, for those of you who have taken down Barzini, was it considerably tougher than the other families? I'm going to be very disappointed it it wasn't.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/29/06 01:46 AM

If you don't upgrade your Shooting, Health, and Street Smarts to almost maximum, plus upgrade some of your weapons to Lvl. 3, it'll be frustratingly difficult to take down the Barzini compound.

Once you're upgraded, you'll still have a decent challenge taking them down, but it won't be too difficult.

I took down the families in this order:

Tattaglia
Stracci
Cuneo
Barzini

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/29/06 01:46 AM

I personally went Cuneo and Stracci at the same time, very minimal difference between the two but a little harder than Tattaglia. Just going after some of the businesses of the Barzinis, there are "better" and more people. I'll give a scenario. Tattaglias were usually 1 or 2 people outside of a business. Cuneo and Stracci are 2 people with 2 people near by. When I take on the Barzinis its usually 2 people outside with 4 or 5 nearby.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/30/06 10:56 AM

Where are the FBI agents?

I want to end a mob war, I heard that you can find them in the churches but no one is there?!

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/30/06 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Zadjali:

I want to end a mob war, I heard that you can find them in the churches but no one is there?!
They are in the church basement.

Either that or look on your map for the fbi symbol.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/30/06 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Zadjali:

Are you looking for the one in Little Italy? Post where you are there is only one agent to pay off in this area.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/30/06 12:42 PM

Little Italy?
and if you can Brooklyn & Midtown?
Posted By: Tom

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/30/06 05:47 PM

Wheres this??

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/31/06 09:56 AM

well it looks very familiar?

watch the video that's called *families* in the families secrets it shows the sewers and the family that own that place?

I think it's on Cuneo or stacchi???
Posted By: FortunatoParadise

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 03/31/06 09:49 PM

1) Can you recruit any soldiers? Cuz I mean, you are an underboss (At least me), and any self respectin member of the executive crew must have some tough guys aroun!
2)The flamed down businessess can be re-opened? (Compunds, Rackets, Extorted bussiness!)
...Fortunato...
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/01/06 05:15 PM

It's in Hell's Kitchen controlled by the Cuneos but I haven't found the entrance that was shown in the cut movie.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/01/06 08:35 PM

I need help can someone tell me how to get the execution styles, Traffic Accident and Wallpapered.

I thought Traffic Accident was just throw someone into a car and let them be ran over but it doesn't work I've thrown people they were run down and then nothing.

PS Does it have to be another gangster I do these things to?
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/01/06 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni_corleone:
PS Does it have to be another gangster I do these things to?
Yeah.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/01/06 09:08 PM

ok thanks how do you do wallpapered?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/01/06 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni_corleone:
ok thanks how do you do wallpapered?
from a website that just shut down on me lol

You have to kill an enemy by smashing their head into a wall repeatedly.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/02/06 08:54 PM

I thought you had to buy all the safehouses, crack all the safes, etc. before you could become Don of NYC? I was driving back and forth buying all the safehouses and worrying because there were some safes I never did blow up at the beginning when I didn't even realize you could, and now I find out all of it was unneccessary. I just went to the meeting and become Don. Oh well. It took me about 34 hours to beat the game, which kind of surprised me. I haven't played PS2 in a long, long while, so I figured I would be a lot worse.

For those of you still playing, don't fret the Barzinis. Maybe it was because I had built up high expectations about how difficult they were going to be from all the reviews and comments, but they aren't really any more difficult than the other compounds or families. There's only about 3 or 4 more guys then any of the other compounds. You just have to find a good hiding spot and they will come running out for you to pick off, just like the other families.

It was a fun game to play, but it kinda disappointed me because it really isn't all that tough, nor is it a game that would be much fun to play for a second time. God konws, it got repetitive enough taking over the same 10 business and rackets over and over again. Driving around trying to find stupid little film reels so I can watch clips of a movie I already own doesn't appeal to me a whole lot, either. But it was fun the first time through so I can't really complain too much. Have fun.
Posted By: Don Molinari

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/10/06 08:00 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was an easy way to complete the Tessio assassination...I am stuck on this mission for some reason,I just cant beat it
Posted By: La Cosa Nostra

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/11/06 01:01 AM

Just keep killing the Cuneos and eventually you'll have Tessio cornered upstairs. Talk to him for a sec, then kill him. Nice up close and personal, just like my sig says.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/11/06 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Molinari:
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was an easy way to complete the Tessio assassination...I am stuck on this mission for some reason,I just cant beat it
There's a health jug in one of the back rooms, that helped me out.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/12/06 12:26 AM

I don't like about those things that when you get hit your health stops going back up.
Posted By: Ballsy McDuff

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/12/06 05:45 PM

Tom, the answer to your question in regard to the sewer tunnel is that it is located around the Phillip and Luce streets in Little Italy. It is on the map north east of the Corleone compound. Also, if you go to New Jersey and look in the railyards on the east side there are a bunch of crates, you can find a bum, who if you kill him will bring out a bunch of other bums. They drop cash. Be careful though, there's a lot of Stracci about.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/13/06 03:27 AM

Pretty simple question for those who've been playing for a while... What happens if you accidentally kill a business owner while trying to extort him? Or what if you push him past his boiling point?

Do they come back to life? Do they cool down after a while?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/13/06 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
What happens if you accidentally kill a business owner while trying to extort him?
Well, what you do is... reload the game from your last save point and try again.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/13/06 11:19 AM

Quote:
Pretty simple question for those who've been playing for a while... What happens if you accidentally kill a business owner while trying to extort him? Or what if you push him past his boiling point?

They come back to life after a week I think, maybe two. If you push them past the boiling point, just go for a walk and come back in five minutes or so.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/13/06 12:25 PM

If you kill a business owner, you have to come back in a week. The other thing you will notice is that the light above the shop/store/hotel will be on. If they are dead, the light goes out. I know it sounds silly, but it's one of the things I noticed.
Posted By: Tutti Frutti

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/13/06 11:02 PM

How do you enter the alpha-numeric cheat codes in PS2?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dominic Corleone:
action replay ps2

Godfather, The

There are 6 codes for this game.

(M)
XY57-JEJ5-0G65T
7H2C-DC2M-FNE81

Infinite Ammo
4N0R-85ZG-1JG9W
3W9Q-TWMA-YM6VW

Never Reload
3CV6-GAGU-WRQ2U
2K14-W0QT-T74RT

L1+L2 Max Skill Points
Q3MA-TQQ1-0PB77
KJDP-F4YJ-C258M
PPN2-06MH-D0UD2

All Films Unlocked
9759-JZ89-X87N5
ZJA0-Y3YT-HNTV6
YAQ0-BUMM-W949H

Infinite Cash-Main Menu
M6Y8-79NX-D181D
BB32-WBZ4-WGCF1

Pushbuton
While game is paused.
Code Effect
square,circle,square,square,circle,L3 $5,000
circle,left,circle,right,square,R3 Full Ammo
left,square,right,circle,right,L3 Full Health

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/14/06 01:50 AM

Quote:

Like has been previously posted, if you come back in a week the shop will be open again. If you push a shop owner past his/her breaking point, all you have to do is get into your car and drive down the street so you cross the intersection. Then, you can drive right back in a matter of seconds and you can negotiate again. However, each time you push them past their breaking point, the breaking point lowers a little bit, so instead of smashing their head against the wall 3 times and getting 2 grand, you might only be able to push them around a little and get $1200.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/14/06 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by McCluskey:
I'm normally a cheater myself, but this is one game I'm not cheating on, lol. It takes time, yes, but just remember to save at the local safehouse before doing a warehouse run, and you should be fine.

Cheating on "The Godfather", bah! Infamia!

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/14/06 06:27 AM

Thanks, guys, for telling me that a lost extortion isn't gone forever! I thought it was. In fact, I thought it was cuz my buddy plays on my PC (only) like once/week, and, he tried to enter a biz -- twice! -- and it was still "closed due to family death" and shit, so I figured if you fucked it up once, that was it! In fact, maybe it should be, but...

whenever I fuck it up, I just restart the game -- since, yes, I (usually!) save before then anyway.

As for cheating... yes, sir! Every chance I get! I suck at video games... I hardly ever play ANY at all... so yeah, I need a boost now and then if I'm low in health or ammo. Kill me. :p

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/14/06 11:24 AM

I beat the Baptism mission last night, and what a let down. For the most part the missions were a lot of fun, but this one was just aggrivating. I don't understand how the bad guys cars can go so damn fast, it's rediculous.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/14/06 04:17 PM

Quote:
As for cheating... yes, sir! Every chance I get! I suck at video games... I hardly ever play ANY at all... so yeah, I need a boost now and then if I'm low in health or ammo. Kill me. :p
See, therein lies the flaw in the game. You don't even need to cheat. Sure, it is easier to use the cheat code to get more ammo and health right away, but you are already given an unlimited supply of ammo from the safehouses. As far as health is concerned, sometimes it is better off to die. If you're getting close to a starting a mob war with some family, all you have to do is get yourself killed and your vendetta will automatically drop. The only thing that happens when you die is you lose $500. That is cheaper than starting a mob war and paying off the FBI agent for 3 grand and a lot more convenient than bombing a business, then having to wait for a week for the damn thing to open up again. There is absolutely no meaningful punishment or consequence for getting killed.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/14/06 04:18 PM

Those cars go just as fast as all the others, except that they're the only ones who are driving them full out, lol.

Car types:

Roadster - Fastest car available. It's the one with the long nose front and the fin-tail on the back.

Single-hatchback - Moderatly fast. It has the heavy-bumper front, and occassionally comes in two-tones, which seem to be a bit faster than the standard ones. Only thing faster is the roadster.

Double-hatchback - i.e. the car with the two-door back as opposed to the trunk-style. This is the most common car it would seem, and is a bit slower than the single.

Truck - Slow as molasses, but durable.

Freight truck - haven't driven any yet...tried to hijack a few, only thing that happens so far is some rival button men come out blasting. Although you can net an easy $2K - $4K in a money bag. Just take the money and run. I haven't been able to interrogate a driver yet, but I'll try again. Hitting a truck or shooting or punching it at an intersection, will spook the driver and make the truck speed off, heedless of who he hits, so you're gonna have to use your car as a rolling roadblock. Eventually the driver will stop and the button men will come out. Oh, and the trucks are color-coded, so don't mess with the black ones, those are yours.

Taxis, Police cars, etc.: Taxis I haven't driven that much, and the Police cars seem about as fast as their regular counterparts. I don't know for sure though.

Well, that's my vehicle assessment, hope it helps!

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/14/06 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by La Cosa Nostra:
[quote]Originally posted by McCluskey:
[b] Does somebody know any cheats for the PS2 version? I am pretty impatient...
I'm normally a cheater myself, but this is one game I'm not cheating on, lol. It takes time, yes, but just remember to save at the local safehouse before doing a warehouse run, and you should be fine.

Cheating on "The Godfather", bah! Infamia! [/b][/quote]Did anyone else find the warehouses and hubs to be just as easy if not easier than some of the businesses and rackets. Even the compounds were made simpler by the fact that they gave you plenty of cover and you knew exactly where every single member of the enemy was hiding. When you take over businesses and rackets, there is always a different number of people protecting it, even when it is the same family. Also, they are usually posted in the best places for cover, so you pretty much have to duck behind your car or run them over, which can be pretty tricky sometimes. Also if you get shot a couple times, you're basically guranteed to get at least one health while taking over warehouses and hubs, while that only occassionally happens when taking over businesses and rackets.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/14/06 04:33 PM

What I don't like is with some of the businesses, there's the guys waiting across the street who ambush you. But yea, compounds especially, they're actually pretty easy. Better still if you can get off headshots or have a street sweeper. Man that thing rules! Anyways...plus the wall conceal works wonders. The best thing about compounds: you can bomb one building, and if the response men, that is, the men who try to ambush you when you're running out of the building to escape the bomb, if they ice you, you can come back and only have to deal with one building instead of two.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/14/06 05:34 PM

Quote:
...all you have to do is get yourself killed and your vendetta will automatically drop. ... There is absolutely no meaningful punishment or consequence for getting killed.
Yeah, but... if you get killed, you gotta start the job over again! I have no problem paying off the FBI guy - $3k is a small price to pay compared to the benefits of taking down a warehouse/hub...

What I don't like about the Full Health cheat is that it doesn't always work - at least on the PC version.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/14/06 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by La Cosa Nostra:
Those cars go just as fast as all the others, except that they're the only ones who are driving them full out, lol.

Car types:

Roadster - Fastest car available. It's the one with the long nose front and the fin-tail on the back.

Single-hatchback - Moderatly fast. It has the heavy-bumper front, and occassionally comes in two-tones, which seem to be a bit faster than the standard ones. Only thing faster is the roadster.

Double-hatchback - i.e. the car with the two-door back as opposed to the trunk-style. This is the most common car it would seem, and is a bit slower than the single.

Truck - Slow as molasses, but durable.

Freight truck - haven't driven any yet...tried to hijack a few, only thing that happens so far is some rival button men come out blasting. Although you can net an easy $2K - $4K in a money bag. Just take the money and run. I haven't been able to interrogate a driver yet, but I'll try again. Hitting a truck or shooting or punching it at an intersection, will spook the driver and make the truck speed off, heedless of who he hits, so you're gonna have to use your car as a rolling roadblock. Eventually the driver will stop and the button men will come out. Oh, and the trucks are color-coded, so don't mess with the black ones, those are yours.

Taxis, Police cars, etc.: Taxis I haven't driven that much, and the Police cars seem about as fast as their regular counterparts. I don't know for sure though.

Well, that's my vehicle assessment, hope it helps!
They're absolutely faster than anything else. I was driving the roadster full out and getting bumped by other gangsters in sedans. It was rediculous.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/19/06 02:27 PM

I was reading through the game guide and a weak spot of some of the business owners is "Reasoning/Intimidating."

Have any of you figured out how to do this?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/21/06 11:14 PM

Well you can grab them, or punch them, or bust up the shop. The reasoning is if you hit spacebar before the meter is full your guy will say something and then earn more points or whatever they are.
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/22/06 07:34 AM

This is a tip I discovered while playing. It was a perfect ambush spot!

Directions:Where Observer Highway & Newark Street meet there is a save point (The Highway Hotel). Because there is that intersection there , traffic tends to get backed up and trucks keep respawning in that area. So if you have a shotgun (I sprung for the streetsweeper) you can just take out truck after truck and just rack up the cash. Your soldiers are close enough that they will join the fight. What's even better, is that if you pay off the cops they will be in that intersection patrolling and helping fight the guys in the trucks! I made alot of money off this trick which helped me buy out alot of businesses.
Posted By: anthony lee

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/23/06 10:43 PM

I was told that you needed all businesses to get become don of nyc but i had 3 businesses n 2 warehouses left wen i became don of nyc i was confused now am 97.5% complete i need the safes n film reels now but to be honest i cant be bothered lol

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/24/06 11:23 AM

Has anyone been able to strangle (not garrote) someone? Every time I try my guy just pushes the gangster away. Do you have to sneak up on them like with the garrote?
Posted By: ConnieCorleone

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/24/06 02:18 PM

I actually use this a lot.
Lock on and press and hold your strangle button (X on the PC).

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/24/06 03:14 PM

I strangled a bunch of guys near the end when I had my attributes up high and I found a family member in an alleyway or something, it was easier than pulling out the gun and starting that scene. On ps2, you just target them and hold down L3 and R3 until the meter runs out.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/26/06 11:28 AM

I must be doing something wrong, everytime I grab somebody and press x, my guy pushes them away. Maybe I need to get my fighting level up, I neglected it this time around. I need to strangle somebody though, it's the only execution I haven't done yet.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/30/06 04:29 PM

Quote:
I was reading through the game guide and a weak spot of some of the business owners is "Reasoning/Intimidating."

Have any of you figured out how to do this?
I accidentally figured it out. I usually don't buy out rackets but I accidentally pressed the wrong button and bought out a racket owner whose weak spot, according to the game guide, was "Reasoning/Intimidating" and I got the Weak Spot Bonus for that racket.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 04/30/06 09:44 PM

Buying out rackets, when it's offered, gives you the maximum weekly return you can get from that business...

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/01/06 02:08 PM

No, I know that JG, but all these business owners and racket owners have weak spots that allow you to yield a weekly take larger than the usual maximum. The usual maximum is the max take if you don't extort him with his "weak spot" method.

For the particular racket owner that I bought out, his usual maximum was $2,400 (according to the game guide). By buying him out, my weekly take from him is $3,000.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/01/06 03:35 PM

Good point, Douche! Ah, who needs money in this game? $150k for a safehouse, $450k for a weapon... piece of cake!

I completed ALL the missions, took over ALL of Little Italy, Brooklyn, and NJ... Have ALL safehouses... eliminated ALL of the Tattaglia & Stracci properties... two compounds... completed most of the hits... Have two Level 3 weapons, the others are still Level 2... and am relatively broke now. BUT - my weekly is over $100k so another compound, plus more Barzini businesses will put me right back up in the money again...

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/01/06 04:39 PM

Quote:
Good point, Douche! Ah, who needs money in this game? ... my weekly is over $100k so another compound, plus more Barzini businesses will put me right back up in the money again...
Posted By: UK_Don

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/01/06 04:41 PM

Geoff
When talking about ambushing you say your boys will help you out in a fire-fight.
I'm underboss but never seem to have anyone with me watching my back.
Any idea why? and how I get them?
Cheers

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/01/06 05:34 PM

I have been in ambushes/mob wars in parks, etc, and I have seen them come and help. Pretty rare for me so far, tho...

The Corleone guys will always help you out if you're in or in front of or close to a Corleone-run business... this is a perfect place to block in a racket truck. They'll do most of the work for you...
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/14/06 01:55 AM

How do you end a Mob War? I keep taking over businesses and starting Mob Wars and I think when I lose them they get back some of the businesses that I've already taken over

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/14/06 02:09 AM

pay off an FBI agent, its like 3000...thats the easiest way that i remember

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/14/06 04:05 AM

Yeah I FINALLy got it. Thanks DMC. Has anyone beat the game yet? I've become a Don and am in the process of taking over everyplace in the game. I think I only need to rub out Hell's Kitchen now before that's done
Posted By: Dario

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/14/06 11:42 PM

Ohi I'm near to became Don but I get something strange....
On a passage to underground, around a warehouse near the highway from Little Italy to Hell's Kitchen I found a gang never seen, they wear some red uniform like hotels worker..they fire at me in order to defend their money in the box...who the hell they are??

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 04:37 AM

I just became Don of NYC I've completed all the missions, I own every safehouse and business and I've eliminated 2 of the 4 other families. I think all I've gotta do now is continue the hit contracts

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 07:17 AM

You made Don on NYC without taking out all 4 families?

I was still Underboss after taking out 3 of 4.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 07:31 AM

You (can choose to) become "Don of NYC" after you've completed about 92% of the game, regardless of what's been completed...

"Don" just takes all 4 compounds... so get crackin' ! :p

Not sure what Irish is talking about - but then again, I rarely do!

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 07:35 AM

I was at 98% completion. It wasn't until I finally took down Barzini that it told me to go to the compound and I was made "Don" of the Corleone family. After I took down another warehouse, it told me to go to the hotel, and I was made Don of NYC. FWIW, this is on the PS2.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 07:49 AM

Hmmm... kinda wierd... shoudln't matter which platform... and the Guide says 92% (which I actually think is 91.5%)...

I got the "call" to go to get my Don of NYC, but, I wanna at least clear ALL the businesses/rackets/properties first... so I haven't gone yeat... but I know I have it.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 07:58 AM

Nothing really changes after you make Don of NYC. You can continue as before. You do get unlimited ammo. (Or is that at Don Corleone. I forget.)

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 03:37 PM

So you don't need to complete everything to make Don of the Corleone family and Don of NYC?

I don't know if I have the patience to continue trying for a Traffic Accident execution, so it would be nice if I didn't have to do it.

Right now, I'm an Underboss. I have a handful of Barzini businesses/rackets and the Barzini compound to take over. I've completed the storyline and all the hits. In addition to the Traffic Accident execution that I haven't done, I have 2 film reels to collect and I need to dynamite the safes in the Barzini business I haven't taken over.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 06:23 PM

Quote:
Not sure what Irish is talking about - but then again, I rarely do!
No I've already taken over all 4 compounds. As I said, I've completed every mission and that was a mission. Does anyone know what happens after all the hit contracts are filled? I mean, how much more of this game is there? Also, I'm not going to do this, but has anyone found all 100 of those "reels of film" things? If so, what happens?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 06:42 PM

Quote:
So you don't need to complete everything to make Don of the Corleone family and Don of NYC?
No, definitely not. I haven't bothered looking for all the film reels, or doing a couple of executions.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 06:46 PM

Quote:
Hmmm... kinda wierd... shoudln't matter which platform... and the Guide says 92% (which I actually think is 91.5%)...

Something is wrong. I just checked what my game progress was the last time I saved it, and it's over 100%.

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 06:57 PM

Where does it tell you how much of the game you've completed?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
Something is wrong. I just checked what my game progress was the last time I saved it, and it's over 100%.
Hmm.. weird math they used! I was wondering WTF myself when it said I had completed 100% of the hits, yet still had like 3 more to go....

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
Where does it tell you how much of the game you've completed?
How did you possibly not explore "Tom's Report" yet?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 09:20 PM

Quote:
How did you possibly not explore "Tom's Report" yet?
Na, I've checked my progress report but not Tom's Report. What's so special about that?

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 10:02 PM

I think I just beat the game. I just finished all the hit contracts and everything is 100% except for the film reels because I've only collected 11

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 05/15/06 11:21 PM

Mine is telling me my "Missions" is 200%, and "Overall Game Progress" is 110.5%. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Ayperi

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 10/11/06 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by R Reed:
[quote]Originally posted by McCluskey:
[b] Does somebody know any cheats for the PS2 version? I am pretty impatient...
Here you go

$5,000
Cheat code: Square, Circle, Square, Square, Circle, L3

Full Ammo
Cheat code: Circle, Left, Circle, Right, Square, R3

Full Health
Cheat code: Left, Square, Right, Circle, Right, L3

Unlock All Movies
Note: this code is entered at the main menu where trailer is shown.
Cheat code: Circle, Square, Circle, Square, Square, L3 [/b][/quote]My sister's friend gave me these same codes and they do help but I feel like I'm cheating the game by using them. I dont play alot of games, so not too good at this one yet but will be, it's the reason I bought myself a PS2.
Posted By: Ayperi

Re: GODFATHER GAME HELP *spoilers* - 10/13/06 01:20 AM

Thanks so much!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET