Home

PS3 US Launch Possibly Delayed Until Fall, Even 2007

Posted By: Double-J

PS3 US Launch Possibly Delayed Until Fall, Even 2007 - 02/21/06 03:02 AM

Merril-Lynch Report: PS3 Likely Delayed

Sony has an upcoming conference within the next couple of weeks (I think the first week of March), so keep in mind none of this is official. This is simply analysts predicting what is going to happen.

That being said, I'm not surprised - I didn't expect a Spring 2006 launch anyways, even Nintendo planned on releasing the Revolution this fall, to coincide with what they called the "release of other major console(s)."

Thoughts?
Posted By: XDCX

Re: PS3 US Launch Possibly Delayed Until Fall, Even 2007 - 02/21/06 03:45 AM

Meh, I'm not surprised. The simultaneous release of the PS3 this Spring, in the U.S. and Japan seemed to be pushing it. I was hoping they could pull it off, but I really didn't think Sony could.

I can't complain, though. The extra development time will give game developers more time to add that extra coat of polish to their launch games.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: PS3 US Launch Possibly Delayed Until Fall, Even 2007 - 02/21/06 10:07 PM

Sony won't confirm the rumor - it says a delay is possible, but that they are still shooting for a Spring 2006 release.

What I think probably will happen? Japan will see it sometime within the next three months, and the US will see it at the earliest in September, or possibly closer to Christmastime to boost sales.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET