Home

A Problem with GameFAQs?

Posted By: MafiaHitman13

A Problem with GameFAQs? - 08/05/05 03:37 AM

A few weeks ago, I had signed up for GameFAQs message boards. I followed all of their rules and was not a bother to anyone. So then last week, I post a message saying that if I could join a Fanclub. But here is the catch: After that, a moderator must have not liked me and WITHOUT warning, banned me from the site. (I did not do anything in the first place). Post here if you have problems with people on that site, or can give me any idea why a moderator can ban someone for nothing.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: A Problem with GameFAQs? - 08/05/05 06:53 AM

That's it, I've had enough of you! You're Banned!! :p

Just kidding, dude - I have no idea why some guys have such a power trip... :rolleyes:
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: A Problem with GameFAQs? - 08/05/05 01:28 PM

Can you explain again what exactly you did, it wasn't clear for me.

Btw, Jgeoff or SC, have you banned many people on this boards, until now?

Re: A Problem with GameFAQs? - 08/05/05 07:11 PM

What I exactly did was NOTHING! Some moderator just kicked me off without a reason.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: A Problem with GameFAQs? - 08/05/05 07:53 PM

I can. GameFAQs is one of the worst online communities as far as message board etiquette is concerned. Basically, even if you didn't violate one of their vague ToS, you can be banned for saying the wrong thing to somebody who has the ear of a mod.

They are notorious for just randomly banning someone, especially if you talk about something that is social-related on a game related board (i.e. talking about fantasy football on a madden board).

Don't sweat it. As far as I'm concerned, GameFAQs has been in the shitter since they allied with Gamespot. They want all this custom user info and shit so they can sell it to third parties. They deleted my old account as well when they switched over.

So now, I'm AB from Arlington, Alabama (? :p ), and my address is 1234 Alphabet Street. They can go screw themselves.

Don't worry about it mate, just go open up a new account. No big deal. People get banned all the time and just start fresh with new accounts.

Re: A Problem with GameFAQs? - 08/06/05 03:26 AM

Thanks Double J. Maybe I should sign up again and threaten to have Nicky Santoro dig a hole in the desert for the moderator...
Posted By: Double-J

Re: A Problem with GameFAQs? - 08/06/05 01:37 PM

You'd probably get banned for threatening physical violence, as well as not talking about game-related issues. :p
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET