Home

"The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!)

Posted By: Double-J

"The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/17/05 07:37 PM

Oh, I pissed my pants.

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/17/05 08:21 PM

Can people see the pic or not? I had to send it to DV...if not, I will host it on my webspace. I know I can see it, you weirdos. :p
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/18/05 12:49 PM

Yeah i can see it,Looks very much like Vito should be a good game
Posted By: XDCX

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/18/05 02:14 PM

Wow! You can even see the fibers on Vito's jacket! Talk about detail!
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/18/05 11:10 PM

That looks incredible; I wonder if it's gameplay or video.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/18/05 11:14 PM

Awesome graphics! Getting me anxious for the release of the game.

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/19/05 11:09 AM

It's probably cutscene video...though if the nextgen systems could have gameplay that looks that good...w00t!

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/20/05 12:28 PM

Quote:
What next? The Godfather on Xbox (1) which I got to play for a while. Aside from all the obvious stuff about the game, one of the really interesting things is the hand-to-hand combat which is remarkably viscercal. It uses both sticks, and both triggers to remarkable effect. Pull the triggers to grab a guy, and then wail on the right analog to punch and hit. Click both sticks and you can start strangling him, and you can feel his pulse beating through the sticks. Yikes.
That's from the 1up.com blog...interesting to see there will be hand-to-hand combat (wtf?). I didn't know Godfather was also Street Fighter. :p
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/20/05 01:56 PM

I'm hoping by "Hand to hand combat" they mean roughing people up instead of boxing or karate or something.
Posted By: Snake

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/20/05 04:14 PM

I'm so horrified that this game is going to mutilate the movie for me (although, admittedly, the graphic looks awesome).
Posted By: Blake

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/20/05 07:14 PM

I wonder if those graphics are from the next system?

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/20/05 08:17 PM

Dunno...GF is supposed to be on X-Box 1, so it could be a PC-render.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/20/05 08:40 PM

Those graphics are from XBOX 360.
Posted By: Tom

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/22/05 04:07 AM

I recommend you take a look at the e3 demo on gamespot.com, this game looks awsome. In one part the main character walks down a street with soldiers from a different family hanging around and he takes out a tommy and well..you know what happens next. The cool thing is throughout the whole game there is no loading screens-even when you walk into a building. It even showed Clemenza asking the main character for a favor and both the voice and look of him looked amazing.

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/23/05 11:20 PM

I watched a bit of footage on G4TV, I thought the fighting system was...dumb. It looked awful repetitive and primitive. I hope they spice it up for the final version.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: "The Godfather" @ E3 (Screenshot!!!) - 05/24/05 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
I watched a bit of footage on G4TV, I thought the fighting system was...dumb. It looked awful repetitive and primitive. I hope they spice it up for the final version.
Yeah I agree with you there the other thing I hope is that they don't have the "generic guy being beating up voice with 3 lines" I hate in other games when you are beating someone or whatever and whether they are this big fat guy or little skinny guy its the same exact voice and then they only say the same lines. If you saw in the preview the guy getting beaten said "you punch like my sister" or something like that two times in a row.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET