Home

Latest on The Godfather game

Posted By: XDCX

Latest on The Godfather game - 01/15/05 07:42 PM

From IGN.com

Godfather Goes GTA
EA promises free roaming world and human drama for movie to game conversion.
By Anoop Gantayat
January 14, 2005 - Electronic Arts' surprising plans to convert The Godfather to the videogame scene have remained shrouded in secrecy since the project's March unveiling, and even then not much was said. But someone managed to get the big scoop on the game. In what's sure to be a silly bit of game trivia years from now (or maybe one of the first signs of EA's intents on the Japanese market), Japan's most popular game magazine, Weekly Famitsu, got the first word on what we can expect of the title. We, of course, picked up the magazine and put our Japanese dictionaries through the paces to bring you a full report.

EA has entrusted senior producer Hunter Smith with this license -- sure to be one of the years most scrutinized movie to game conversions. Smith has worked on the 007 and Road Rash franchises, and in comments with the magazine, he promises a movie-to-game conversion of a flavor completely different from existing movie-to-game products (many of which are released by EA in the first place).
Smith isn't going at the game alone, of course. Currently, 120 people are working on the title, with EA expecting that number to rise to 200 leading up to the final development stages. Definitely the makings of a big game.

IGN hinted in initial reports that EA may take a GTA-style open world approach with The Godfather, and sure enough, that's turned out to be the case. The game takes place in New York's Little Italy during the late 1940s and early 1950s. Players move freely through a virtual re-creation of the movie's setting, taking on missions as they see fit.

As an original member of the Corleone family, your goal is to earn respect by successfully clearing missions, rising up in the family ranks. Your character is your own creation. Although EA hasn't revealed specifics, it's promising some revolutionary new way of character creation -- something that hasn't been been done before. We'll leave the speculation to you for now.

Missions feature the expected gun-and-car sequences. Gun sequences, where you exchange fire with enemies, can get tricky, as enemies will take hostages to keep you from shooting them. Get close to enemies, and you can strike them with your gun and even make use of sticks, in case bullets aren't your thing. Car chase scenes allow you to drive around Little Italy, firing as you navigate the roads.

EA had wanted to make an open-ended game for some time, Smith reveals. He acknowledges that open-ended crime-themed games are having big success in the market right now, but points out that they lack story. "We wanted to make a title with the same [style of] open world, but with a strong background, one where you build human relationships while creating your own story," comments Smith, revealing how Godfather may stand out from the current pack headed up by Grand Theft Auto.

Smith and his team plan to take the virtual world design one step further by adding memory to the world. The characters who appear in the game all have a past and a daily routine. As an example of character pasts, Smith explains: "If you fight with a character who appears during the game, the next time you meet that character, he'll act in accordance with the memory [of the fight]."

Although the game's story is your own creation, there will be plenty of ties to the movie. Smith cites the famous scene of Corleone getting shot. This scene will appear in the game somewhere. "Actually," Smith adds, "there will be a mission in the game which is related to this scene. It's constructed so that players will appear in the scene and will feel as if they are alive within it."

Just as it is for the movies, story is shaping up to be one of the main points of The Godfather on the small screen. EA states that "human drama" will be the main part of the game. Don't worry -- this doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be waiting through endless movies. Cinematic sequences allow for player interaction, examples involving your coercing people for information and bribing the law. Plus, once the human drama has come to an end, you'll take full control for action sequences without any pauses for loading. The transition to action-based gameplay is meant to be seamless.

The Godfather is still only 15% complete (even the name isn't finalized), but EA hopes to show more of it in February. That gives us plenty of time to watch the DVD box set to make sure we're fully familiar with the world we'll be playing in for EA's latest movie to game conversion.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/16/05 01:11 AM

Sounds cool, thanks for the info. Maybe in the character creation you can make your own bio varying
your relationship with the don and others. So it seems like its a game crossed between fable and gta, sounds good.
Posted By: DonGenco

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/16/05 06:01 AM

Wow, thanks man, this game sounds really cool. GTA gameplay set in the world of the Corleones-my ultimate wet dream lol!
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/16/05 10:14 PM

This is sounding really great. It'd be cool if you could design what your character looks like.

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
That gives us plenty of time to watch the DVD box set to make sure we're fully familiar with the world we'll be playing in for EA's latest movie to game conversion.
I think everyone here is familiar enough.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/16/05 10:25 PM

It would be really cool, although highly unlikely, if you could actually be al neri or willie cicci for a mission to kill barzini or someone. or if you were michael and you had to kill mcklusky and the turk. or if, maybe in a later game, you could play as the young vito and kill fanucci. but they said that you are playing as your own character so you probably won't be doing any of that, but i am sure we will all get plenty of deja vu when playing this game.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/20/05 09:01 PM

Sounds cool, but I hope you aren't limited to JUST Little Italy. I mean, anyone whos ever been to Manhattan knows Little Italy isn't exactly that big of a place to explore. None the less, I am excited.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/20/05 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
Sounds cool, but I hope you aren't limited to JUST Little Italy. I mean, anyone whos ever been to Manhattan knows Little Italy isn't exactly that big of a place to explore. None the less, I am excited.
Yeah, I know what you mean-it would be really cool to be able to go to staten island, at the Corleone mall or in Jersey, where Paullie was killed.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/22/05 02:29 AM

Damn this game is actually starting to sound like its going to be fun! They're putting the player in the "Don is Shot" scene? What, is it going to be you that breaks down crying insted of Freddie?
Posted By: kasanova

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/25/05 09:47 PM

This game is good in principle, but i just hope it does not dent the reputation of the game by bastardising its legend.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/25/05 11:18 PM

I understand where you're coming from but if this game sucks how will it change someones opinion about the movie or watching the movie-I know it won't change my views. But anyway, this game is gunna be great.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/26/05 04:02 AM

I don't know if any of you know this, so I'll pass the word. The upcoming issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly will feature the first hard details on The Godfather, as well as concept images for...get ready for it...the X-box 2 version! My copy of the mag should be coming in the mail in a couple days.

[img]http://www.1up.com/media?id=1436439[/img]
Issue 189 (March 2005)

The Godfather takes center stage -- and EGM has the first concept images of what the Xbox 2 version will look like! The March issue also includes best of 2004 awards and the EGM reviews of Resident Evil 4
Posted By: Blake

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/26/05 07:43 AM

I'm a huge EGM fan and I am actually featured in the magazine from about a year ago. I can't wait till' I get my copy but I have to wait about a week longer since I live in Canada.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/27/05 12:15 AM

So theres gunna be an xbox 2 version, what about regular xbox?

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/27/05 12:30 AM

It's confirmed for PS2, X-Box, and X-box 2.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/27/05 11:25 AM

The game is also coming for PC I guess....or do they disappoint me again.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/27/05 04:54 PM

If it sells well on consoles (yea right, it's only The Godfather, who watches that any more? :p ), I'm pretty sure it'll come out for PC as well. Look at the GTA games.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/28/05 12:07 AM

Hey I found a site with summore screenshots
http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4204

if you magnify you can see luca on one picture. The city really has that dark part 2 look to it.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/28/05 03:20 AM

Vito looks like he's got melonoma(sp)! Look at his hands! He also looks like he's been dragged through a pete bog. Hopefully they'll work on him a little more (the background looks great!). This seems to be one of the 3 times in your life where you wish you could read Japanese.
Posted By: RizzoInTheBox

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/28/05 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
Yeah, I think if they want it to compare to GTA, they're going to have to make the map bigger than just Little Italy. I'm afraid of what the boundaries would be like if they did that.. invisible walls around the map? God, I would hate that.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/28/05 11:05 PM

I wonder if you will go in hiding in Sicily
Posted By: Martin Sbalzi

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/28/05 11:14 PM

Who is the character in the white shirt?

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/28/05 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Sbalzi:
Who is the character in the white shirt?
I dont know but it looks like the main charecter.Perhaps its Michael

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/28/05 11:29 PM

Perhaps. I'd prefer otherwise though.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/29/05 01:53 AM

It's not Michael, Michael did one hit. I'm pretty sure its the main character but it said you can create your own.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/29/05 03:49 AM

Another thing they should consider when making this game is the elimination of load times between cities (assuming there will be more than one area.) San Andreas pulled it off, and now I think its something that a lot of the copy-cat games will have to try. But then again, GTA has been the only game of this kind to really have more than one city to go to. It'd be really cool if they made an entire virtual New York City. And as years go by, the cars change, there are slight differences on the buildings. I know in Mafia, when the year changed, the cars got more modernized. Who knows, the good thing is The Godfather video game will have a lot to go by with all the games already released. And they will also know what not to do. Let's hope EA knows what they're doing.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/29/05 04:14 AM

I am just so grateful that they got our beloved Marlon's voice for this game. Was one of those pic's of Tessio and one of Luca?

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/31/05 07:43 PM

I got my latest issue of EGM, the one featuring the first hard details on The Godfather videogame. I haven't read the entire article yet, but they have actual gameplay screenshots, and all the screenshots in the story are representative of what The Godfather will look like on Xbox 2. And let me be the first to tell you, it looks absolutely incredible. The in-game graphics are better than most CGI cutscenes you see in videogames nowadays. I'll leave all the hard details in the article for all of you to read when you pick up your copy of the magazine. I just got mine in the mail today, so it probably won't be available on newstands for another week or so. Let me just say, you will all be in for a very pleasant surprise. The wait for this game has just gotten a whole lot more painful....
Posted By: GoHawks4

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 01/31/05 10:04 PM

Would you be willing to scan the pages and post them here if at all possible? I don't think I can wait until the issue hits news stands.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/01/05 01:02 AM

The only thing that would suprise me is online play which is doubtful but one can dream lol.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/01/05 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GoHawks4:
Would you be willing to scan the pages and post them here if at all possible? I don't think I can wait until the issue hits news stands.
Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner. Also, I don't know how legal that would be.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/01/05 08:47 PM

From IGN.com - PlayStation 2

EA Resurrects Brando for The Godfather
James Caan and Robert Duvall are on-board, too.

By David Adams

February 1, 2005 - Actors James Caan, Robert Duvall -- and yes, the big daddy himself, Marlon Brando -- have added their voices and likenesses to Electronic Arts' The Godfather, according to a Hollywood Reporter story today.

Caan returns as Sonny Corleone and Duvall as consigliere Tom Hagen. Brando, it turns out, had agreed to EA using his likeness, and recorded voice-overs for the game, prior to his death last July. At least on gaming consoles, Don Vito Corleone will live again.

EA has also secured rights to Nino Rota's Grammy-winning score, according to the report.

EA's project is generating buzz not just for its formidible film license but as the company's first entry into mature-themed gaming. The title will feature free-roaming gameplay similar to Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series. Players become members of the Corleone family, and must take on jobs to rise up the ranks of criminal power.

Be sure to check back for more on the title as news comes in.
Posted By: GoHawks4

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/01/05 10:06 PM

There's a story about the game on the front page of Yahoo, too.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st.../media_godfathe r_dc

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/02/05 03:07 AM

I have to buy this now for my son.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/02/05 06:27 AM

I have to tell my mom to buy this for me:).

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/02/05 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
I have to tell my mom to buy this for me:).
Marvelous answer.....I can't agree more.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/02/05 06:11 PM

From GameSpot.com

EA breaks Godfather's vow of silence

Publisher releases full details on its upcoming multiplatform Mafia game, due in fall 2005.
When Electronic Arts first revealed it was working on a game adaptation of The Godfather, many gamers felt like it was an offer they could refuse. As with VU Games' Scarface, there was a lot of skepticism on how such an iconic film could be turned into a viable game. Would it feature the likenesses and voices of the film's original cast? Could it be surprising, even though the film's ending is well known?

Until today, EA had let questions about the Godfather linger in an information vacuum worthy of Omerta, the Mafia vow of silence. However, following this morning's article in the Hollywood Reporter, which revealed that the game would feature voice acting by original cast members James Caan, Robert Duvall, and (posthumously) Marlon Brando, the publisher opened up the books on its mob sim.

According to a statement issued by EA late today, the Godfather is set for a fall 2005 release on the PlayStation 2, Xbox, PSP, and PC. While "the book by Mario Puzo and classic film by Paramount Pictures serve as inspiration for the game," it will also offer up an all-new storyline featuring characters from the film. Players will begin by creating their own character, a low-end hood trying to earn on the mean streets of New York City from 1945 to 1955. After working a series of small-time jobs and earning a modicum of respect, the character will join the storied Corleone family, and interact with figures from the film such as family heir Sonny Corleone (Caan), consigliere Tom Hagen (Duvall), and the capo di tutti capi, Don Vito Corleone (Brando).

The Godfather will feature Grand Theft Auto-style non-linear gameplay, which will "offer gamers countless choices for solving the family’s problems with brutal violence, skillful diplomacy, or a cunning mixture of both," according to EA. Mission types will run the entire criminal gamut, including simple shakedowns, bank robberies, drive-by shootings and high-profile hits. The game will also have a branching plotline a la Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, where "decisions made by the player in the game will have lasting consequences."

"We are incredibly excited and honored to have the opportunity to bring the fiction of The Godfather to life in a video game," said executive producer David DeMartini. "The Godfather movies raised the standard for cinematic achievement with their high level of drama and intense story telling and in fall 2005 gamers will be able to experience that dangerous and living world of The Godfather for themselves."

The Godfather is being developed internally by EA at its central Redwood Shores studio. Though no rating has been officially announced yet, executives have said it will definitely carry an "M" for Mature rating.

Ok, a lot of the articles posted here have stated some of the same things. But I thought I'd post this, because I needed an excuse to...uhhh...say something...interesting. Reading through the EGM, I read something that was...uhhh...interesting. To give you all a little taste of what to expect....one of the projected missions is....chasing down the would-be assassins of Don Vito Corleone...
Posted By: Henne Montana

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/02/05 06:30 PM

Thanx a lot Don C. I'm looking so much forward to this game.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/02/05 08:58 PM

Thanks for the information!

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/02/05 11:29 PM

Thanks to everyone for posting all of this info. If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't even know that a GF game was in production.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/03/05 01:44 AM

People, check out the topic over in the GF Thread!

http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005067;p=1#000001

Don Cardi

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/03/05 06:03 AM

This game is gunna rock, I can't believe I'm actually gunna take orders from Sonny and Vito(old news lol). But what I would really like to do is some of the movie hits like Moe Green(wasnt that in 1950?well the games to '55). But I understand if they cant touch that with a non in-book character. Anyway, this game has been on my mind all week, I need to get my hands on that EGM magazine n see some screenshots.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/03/05 06:17 AM

I know that they can't get Al Pacino to do voice work on this game, since his voice is the only one that's went through a complete and total change since The Godfather. Hell, it had changed by 1982 when Scarface was released. It'd be kinda awkward hearing that gruffly voice Al is known for now coming out of a young Michael Corleone's mouth. Maybe they can convince him and Paramount to use his likeness and voice in the game as well. Granted, they'd only be able to use lines he said in the film, but its better than nothing. I dunno, we still got at least 8 months before its released. They'll figure something out.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/03/05 08:54 AM

I think some of us should start putting in for a vacation week for the week this game comes out

I think leaving Mike out of this game completly would be a great idea......GF2 anyone?

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/04/05 01:27 AM

I really wish Mike was in this game. I mean, doesnt he have since the game is going to 1955.
Posted By: nfinney

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/04/05 03:54 AM

The first couple of screenshots have just been posted on IGN.

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/665/665843/imgs_1.html?fromint=1

Overall I think they are pretty good for the first couple of screenshots for the game, but I guess I was hoping for something a little bit more. I do like the picture that is in front of Genco Olive Oil though.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/04/05 06:50 PM

When I look at the screenshots I think this game will need a high performance computer....it looks like a hard engine game...

And that's the last I have! :rolleyes:

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/04/05 08:29 PM

The only reason those graphics are so good is because they are still frames of movie sequences from the game. The actual game will probably look like Mafia.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/04/05 09:08 PM

Actually, those stills are from the Xbox 2 version. They aren't movie stills.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/04/05 09:25 PM

I read that article today (a kid in my physics class had it). I wonder how much the game will cost. The article said it will be the highest priced game ever.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/04/05 09:54 PM

The price is of no concern to me. I will probably find a pirate version somewhere for £10, earlier than it's release date, too. :p

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/04/05 10:00 PM

I'm pretty sure it will be $50, just like any other game. As of now, the highest budget game I believe is Enter the Matrix, and it released for $50 (eventhough it sucked.) As for pricing on the Xbox 2 version, God only knows.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/05/05 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Actually, those stills are from the Xbox 2 version. They aren't movie stills.
Ohh no wonder. I thought with current hardware that it would be impossible to have gameplay looking like that.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/06/05 04:07 AM

Im getting the xbox and xbox 2 versions, its really worth it. Is there anywhere I can preorder? If there is I'm in.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/06/05 04:13 AM

Aren't those stills in the PS2 section?

So I imagine people with PS2 are shit out of luck?
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/06/05 10:29 PM

I have a horrible feeling that this game is gonna suck
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/06/05 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Aren't those stills in the PS2 section?

So I imagine people with PS2 are shit out of luck?
Those are PS2 stills.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/07/05 06:49 AM

I just saw on G4 (the videogame channel) that those stills are nothing more than concept images. Neither the Xbox nor the PS2 are capable of creating gameplay graphics that sharp, which is why they are considered concept images for what the Xbox 2 version will probably look like.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/11/05 06:11 AM

From IGN.com

Here's the first image of Santino. You can also find this shot and other's from the link provided above.

Posted By: Chilltown

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/12/05 06:40 PM

I'm curious to find out what happened to the footage that was reportedly shot by Sofia Coppola last year-or if it is still intended to be used. Sounds like the game has gone from being inclusive of all three movies to just the first.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/15/05 01:07 AM

Have you guys seen the short gameplay videos they have up at Gamespot.com? Man does this look sweet (at least graphically) so far.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/15/05 02:08 AM

Thanks for posting that link xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx. I liked the one with Hagen in it.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/15/05 01:36 PM

Looks like its ganna be a good game after all.We'll have to see.
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/19/05 03:39 AM

EA Games has launched it's Official Godfather Site Feb. 10th. It has Screenshots, Videos, game information, and more.....
The Nino Rota Soundtrack sounds Great !

Link to EA Games Official Godfather Site

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/19/05 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RizzoInTheBox:
[quote]Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[b] Sounds cool, but I hope you aren't limited to JUST Little Italy. I mean, anyone whos ever been to Manhattan knows Little Italy isn't exactly that big of a place to explore. None the less, I am excited.
Yeah, I think if they want it to compare to GTA, they're going to have to make the map bigger than just Little Italy. I'm afraid of what the boundaries would be like if they did that.. invisible walls around the map? God, I would hate that. [/b][/quote]Well, gosh, I would hope that we'll get to travel to California to visit movie moguls....
and to Nevada..... Showgirls..... (Is that why it's rated "M" ???) JK

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/19/05 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by U talkin' da me ??:
EA Games has launched it's Official Godfather Site Feb. 10th. It has Screenshots, Videos, game information, and more.....
Make sure you check out the "opening scene" video they have posted.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/19/05 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[quote]Originally posted by U talkin' da me ??:
[b] EA Games has launched it's Official Godfather Site Feb. 10th. It has Screenshots, Videos, game information, and more.....
Make sure you check out the "opening scene" video they have posted. [/b][/quote]I have ....and it just makes me want to see More !

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/21/05 06:30 AM

Did anyone catch this part?

Quote:
Mark Winegardner, author of the novel Godfather Returns, is providing story editing and fiction insight.
WONDERFUL :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Posted By: DutchGodfather

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/21/05 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Did anyone catch this part?

[quote] Mark Winegardner, author of the novel Godfather Returns, is providing story editing and fiction insight.
WONDERFUL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: [/quote]Allrighty then....

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/21/05 11:23 PM

Is anyone else having problems with the site? It's loading extremely slowly (the main page took about fifteen minutes to load up on my computer) and the video only plays for a couple seconds before I get an error on the page.
Posted By: don manny

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/22/05 04:32 AM

This is game is gonna rock

Even though this statement has been repeted so many times before on this thread i thought i would just make it clear

------------------------------------------
CHE GUVARA RULES!!!!!
Posted By: DutchGodfather

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/22/05 09:12 AM

Interview
Interview Interview

PICS (Some new i guess)

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/22/05 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cancerkitty:
Is anyone else having problems with the site? It's loading extremely slowly (the main page took about fifteen minutes to load up on my computer) and the video only plays for a couple seconds before I get an error on the page.
No problems here, but I have a 5.0 Mbps broadband connection.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/27/05 06:53 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Cancerkitty:
[b] Is anyone else having problems with the site? It's loading extremely slowly (the main page took about fifteen minutes to load up on my computer) and the video only plays for a couple seconds before I get an error on the page.
No problems here, but I have a 5.0 Mbps broadband connection. [/b][/quote]The Site is Loading slowly....even with my Boradband Connection, it took almost 2 minutes to load..... which is an eternity in the Boradband Universe......

Nothing new on the Site since Feb 10th though....

Says it will be initally available on PS2, XBOX, PC, and PSP.....

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 02/28/05 01:24 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Cancerkitty:
[b] Is anyone else having problems with the site? It's loading extremely slowly (the main page took about fifteen minutes to load up on my computer) and the video only plays for a couple seconds before I get an error on the page.
No problems here, but I have a 5.0 Mbps broadband connection. [/b][/quote]It seems to have bad days and good days...

I can't get the sound to play on the videos for some reason. Or maybe they're just silent?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 03/02/05 06:04 PM

Excerpts from EA Expands Turf with \'Godfather\' Saga

The film's distributor, Paramount Pictures, and its Viacom Inc. parent granted Electronic Arts the rights to expand the fiction beyond the scope of the film and Mario Puzo's novel.

"We took the movie as a starting point and looked at the story of five families competing for turf," said Hunter Smith, senior producer of "The Godfather" game. "You're not playing the movie game with this experience, you have your own original story that intersects with characters and high points from the first film."

Beyond the virtual versions of Caan, Duvall and Marlon Brando, an additional 20-plus actors from "The Godfather" will appear in the game, including Lenny Montana (Luca Brasi) and John Martino (Paulie Gatto). Many characters will receive larger roles in the game since the 40-plus hours of gameplay allow for a longer story line, and new characters -- including a love interest for the player -- will be added.

Smith said no dialogue from the film will be used for the game because the sound quality is too dated to meet today's technology standards. Instead, all of the game's dialogue has been recorded anew. Brando spent four hours in a booth reprising his role of Don Vito Corleone before he died last year.

"Marlon Brando understood games, and he saw how interactive entertainment could open the door for roles to actors regardless of age and appearance," said EA creative director Philip Campbell, who wrote the game's script with input from novelist Mark Winegardner ("The Godfather Returns").

Duvall and Caan each will spend eight hours recording dialogue for the game, bringing consigliere Tom Hagen and Sonny Corleone back to life. In the game, Hagen will teach the player about the art of negotiation, and Sonny will point out the importance of intimidation. The player will interact with each of these characters throughout the game. To succeed, the player must balance the line between intimidation and negotiation.

Caan took the stage and said that getting into the recording booth was fun and that Sonny's voice came right back. Duvall joined him and added that working on the game was like doing looping for a movie he shot a week ago.

[ full story ]

I really can't wait now!

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 03/02/05 06:07 PM

Quote:
We took the movie as a starting point and looked at the story of five families competing for turf
I guess they settled that

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 03/03/05 12:52 AM

I got the egm magazine and it said you can customize weapons, clothing, and even nicknames. I just don't get how they're saying you play the apprentice of Michael, they're not even using movie dialogue and don't have Al Pacino's voice.

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 03/19/05 08:30 PM

The IGN gaming site has 9 videos and 2 interviews with game producers that were taken around the Godfather unveiling in Little Italy in February.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/727/727925/vids_2.html?fromint=1
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Latest on The Godfather game - 03/26/05 08:23 PM

On the main site it also states that Mark Winegardner is doing the story editing and fictional insight for the game. I know some of you will be pretty mad about this.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET