Home

The Godfather Video Game

Posted By: nfinney

The Godfather Video Game - 12/15/04 11:20 PM

EA games has just released a trailer for a Godfather game based off of the film made in 1972. The graphics look really good, but I just don't see how they can make a game out of it. Here's the site for the trailer:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/thegodfather/index.html?q=The+Godfather

Tell me what you think!!!
Posted By: Blake

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/16/04 01:02 AM

His voice is'nt as cheezy as I thought it would be. Still wanna see some gameplay though..
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/16/04 01:09 AM

That is freaky how much it looks/sounds like Brando!!

I'm wondering about game-play as well; perhaps we'd be soldiers sent on various missions or something, like beating people up.

I just hope Appolonia is in it
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/16/04 02:05 AM

I read somewhere that Brando recorded his voice for this game before he died. Might have been a bunch of crap though.

This things a long ways off, Fall of 05, I'm surprised they're not just going to wait for the PS3 to come out.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/16/04 03:05 AM

am I the only one who didn't like the graphics? I think the graphics in MAFIA were much better

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/16/04 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
am I the only one who...
Yes. :p
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/16/04 01:12 PM

For some misterious reason, I cannot see the video, I can just hear Vito's voice....

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/16/04 05:13 PM

DonMichaelCorleone, how can you not like those graphics man???? You can see each individual strand of hair on his head.

Lavinia, I've had that problem too when trying to look at it through windows media player. Try going to http://www.gametrailers.com and looking at it. It should be on that main page. Then click on the Windows Media Player icon next the "The Godfather" and let it play.

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/16/04 05:29 PM

I downloaded the demo a second time and the graphics were about 20x better- so I don't know what happened
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/16/04 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cancerkitty:
I read somewhere that Brando recorded his voice for this game before he died. Might have been a bunch of crap though.
Nope, it's true. Brando did indeed record his voice on there before his death.

I can't wait for this game to come out.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/17/04 03:23 AM

Hate to say it, but they are going to royally fuck up the Corleones with this.Hopefully, it looks better than GFR

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/17/04 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nfinney:
Lavinia, I've had that problem to when trying to look at it through windows media player. Try going to http://www.gametrailers.com and looking at it. It should be on that main page. Then click on the Windows Media Player icon next the "The Godfather" and let it play.
I tried following all steps you kindly suggested, but again no video. Just Vito's voice.... Thank you, anyway!

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/17/04 11:28 PM

See if this works
http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_godfather_t.wmv
Posted By: Tom

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/18/04 02:50 AM

I'm totally hyped about this game. The graphics look awsome, I'm sure the gameplay will be great but if there are more mission intros like that I'll want to advance just to see the videos. One question:Is the game based on GF1 or the trilogy?

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/18/04 08:53 PM

The GameSpot description says that it is based on the 1972 film(Godfather I). Also, EA is producing it, and they usually create some really good games. So, I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/20/04 04:00 PM

Quote:
See if this works
It doesn't.... Never mind, no video game can be better than the original GF. I'm not loosing much, after all....

You know the story of the fox and the grapes?
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/21/04 04:24 AM

Is it just me, or did they make Vito look like Tessio.

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/21/04 04:28 AM

it's just lou I mean I'ts just you
Posted By: don vencent

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/22/04 09:26 PM

WoW it's like's good I need to see the gameplay

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/22/04 10:39 PM

DV that is the only thing that scares me. So many times in games the "cut screen movies" are perfect but the gameplay isn't.

I really hope this is like Mafia where the cutscreens are just like the gameplay
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/23/04 05:32 AM

I thought it was bueno.

But, did anyone else notice that the lines he was saying were lines in the movie when he was not sitting down? That bothered me.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/24/04 12:09 AM

Quote:

I really hope this is like Mafia where the
cutscreens are just like the gameplay
If it's done well, it's not so bad. GTA comes to mind. However, it also will conserve space on the disc, allowing more room for voice files (of which I'm sure there are numerous) and images/data, including FMV's and whatnot. So from a space standpoint, not having FMV cutscenes will be better for the rest of the components, if done well.

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/24/04 04:04 AM

Okay I watched the trailer for the second time, now the voice sounds a little off to me. Sure, it may be hard to notice, but watch it again and Vito sounds lispy like when he says the word service, hmm. Anyway, is Michael going to be a part of this? Remember he gives out the major hits so doesnt someone have to do his voice which is like impossible to do.
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/24/04 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonColletti:
I thought it was bueno.

But, did anyone else notice that the lines he was saying were lines in the movie when he was not sitting down? That bothered me.
but realize its not exactly the movie and he doesnt use the word for word plus your not the undertaker he was saying it to. it is a game and it is scripted different than the movie.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/24/04 10:28 PM

People-Dont expect a game based on the film,i really cant see this happening or with the voices as well.Sorry to disapoint
Posted By: XDCX

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/29/04 06:27 PM

If they can make a game with the same type of gameplay as GTA, with the look and feel of Mafia (PC version), and a believable story that ties in with the film, then it should be good. C'mon, look how the LOTR games turned out. They were short, but awesome. The only bad movie based game I can think of that EA put out was Catwoman.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/30/04 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b] See if this works
It doesn't.... Never mind, no video game can be better than the original GF. I'm not loosing much, after all....

[/b][/quote]Are you sure you have installed the DivX codecs? Most times this is the problem when you have sound but no view. Normally *.wmv files don't use it...but maybe it works.
Posted By: DJGodfather

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 12/30/04 10:44 PM

I think they will try to follow the Godfather storyline with this and add some new stuff, think it will be great for us gamers!
Posted By: Don Schulini

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/06/05 08:47 AM

I've read somewhere that EA was busy to contract Pacino and De Niro for this game. They want too use the appearances and the voices of both actors.

This would mean that the storyline of the second movie will be involved to I guess? I would like to play young Vito and build up the empire of the Corleone family.
Posted By: Don V. Corleone

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/06/05 05:32 PM

Hi everyone...I'm new here...1st post haha....I'm a Singaporean =) anyway saw the trailer...it's awesome...yeah have to see the trailer....Hmm....wldn't having Al Pacino back to record his voice will kinda ruin Michael's "image"? After all, Al's voice has become hoarse....
Posted By: Martin Sbalzi

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/09/05 08:33 PM

Quote:
am I the only one who didn't like the graphics? I think the graphics in MAFIA were much better
What annoyed me about the graphics in MAFIA is that Tommy-Angelo didn't stop smirking for the entire duration of the game. Even when he discovered Paulie dead in his appartment, there was still a smirk on his face. LOL.
Posted By: MistaMista_Tom_Hagen

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/10/05 04:12 AM

Quote:
Even when he discovered Paulie dead in his apartment, there was still a smirk on his face.

ah god that sounds hilarious. I really have to go back and look for that.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/10/05 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Schulini:
I've read somewhere that EA was busy to contract Pacino and De Niro for this game. They want too use the appearances and the voices of both actors.

This would mean that the storyline of the second movie will be involved to I guess? I would like to play young Vito and build up the empire of the Corleone family.
but how there voices are not the same as when
there were younger
Posted By: DonGenco

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/16/05 06:12 AM

Well, I think De Niro could still sound like a young Vito but Pacino, hes been smoking to many cigarettes lately. However, I don't see why they can't just get all of the dialogue from the movie and just put it in the game. Then again, you have to get an order from somebody, probably either Tessio or Clemenza at the begining. Abe Vigoda could do it, but what the hell hapened to Richard Castellano?

P.S. I just remembered that De Niro would be useless if the game is based on the first godfather considering De Niro was in GFII.

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/16/05 06:15 AM

Castellano is dead
Posted By: DonGenco

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/16/05 05:35 PM

oh he is? thats too bad, i really liked him.
Posted By: DutchGodfather

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/17/05 12:25 PM

[img]http://www.cubezone.nl/get/getContentFile.asp?FileID=16370[/img]

I found this pic on a dutch gamesite.

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/17/05 02:27 PM

thank you DutchGodfather
Posted By: Martin Sbalzi

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/17/05 06:50 PM

If you find any more screenshots or pictures, please post them.
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/17/05 09:46 PM

We'll be able to agrue forever about what should've and could've been part of this video game....

The right balance of action to the other scenes is something to master when creating a video game like this.

I have heard that EA has acquired the rights from Nino Rota to use the original soundtrack music.... and that will give the game a wonderful feel at the very least.

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/17/05 11:24 PM

Just saw this on ign.com thought you would all enjoy.

"The game takes place in New York's Little Italy during the late 1940s and early 1950s. Players move freely through a virtual re-creation of the movie's setting, taking on missions as they see fit. As an original member of the Corleone family, your goal is to earn respect by successfully clearing missions, rising up in the family ranks. Your character is your own creation. Although EA hasn't revealed specifics, it's promising some revolutionary new way of character creation -- something that hasn't been been done before. We'll leave the speculation to you for now."

They are saying that the game is only 15% finished right now and that seems about right considering it will come out sometime in the 4th quarter of this year. There is a lot more on this page about the game and how it they plan on using cinematic sequences that allow for player interaction.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/579/579750p1.html

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/18/05 04:23 AM

"Cimenatic" sequences . . . . .

So, ah, Sonny, upstairs with that woman, during the wedding . . .

Hmmmmmm

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/18/05 04:32 AM

I'm sure theres an obvious explanation but why do countries besides america always get better information on games:we wouldnt have got that pic for 2 months!
Posted By: DutchGodfather

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/18/05 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
I'm sure theres an obvious explanation but why do countries besides america always get better information on games:we wouldnt have got that pic for 2 months!
Well, the information and the pic i read on the Dutch site, was copied from a Japanese one. (See the link in the left corner?)

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/19/05 12:49 AM

I can't wait for some actual gameplay videos!

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/19/05 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blake Peters:
WOAH. That startled me for a second!
Don't let Vercetti see that!!

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 01/19/05 07:38 AM

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 03/19/05 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blake Peters:
I can't wait for some actual gameplay videos!
The IGN Website has some video clips they videoed from the Godfather Party held in Little Italy in Feb.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/727/727925/vids_2.html?fromint=1
Posted By: Sonny DiCosca

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 03/24/05 12:09 PM

Can you make your own character?
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 03/24/05 03:02 PM

Yes, you get to create your own character, because Al Pacino did not lend his voice to the game.
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 03/24/05 04:25 PM

I cant wait for this video game. Well i couldnt wait for the godfather returns and look how that turned out hahaha
Posted By: Sonny DiCosca

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 03/24/05 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSicilian123:
I cant wait for this video game. Well i couldnt wait for the godfather returns and look how that turned out hahaha
Wasn't that bad, lol.
Posted By: CorleoneLegend

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 03/31/05 05:20 PM

Heres Some Godfather Gameplay Vids
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 06/04/05 03:31 PM

Hey its Vito Corleone!

*Don Zadjali
Posted By: Don of Dons

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 07/08/05 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cancerkitty:

This things a long ways off, Fall of 05, I'm surprised they're not just going to wait for the PS3 to come out.
nope, its true. at the E3 function thing (big time gamer ordeal) said that it was infact his last job before his death. ironic.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: The Godfather Video Game - 07/08/05 07:17 PM

May he live in peace, one of the greatest actors of all time...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET