Home

Scarface Game

Posted By: J Geoff

Scarface Game - 08/10/04 11:57 PM

Looks like I'll finally have to get a game console...

Hollywood\'s Underworld Masterpiece, Scarface, to Become an Explosive New Game

Tuesday August 10, 12:00 pm ET

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Vivendi Universal Games announced today the epic film that transcends generations and appeals to contemporary and urban audiences alike, Scarface, is now coming for the first time to game consoles worldwide. In a complex world filled with excess and greed, players can take the role of Tony Montana, one of the most ruthless gangsters ever depicted on film. Developed by Radical Games and published by Vivendi Universal Games, this third person action shooter is expected to ship Fall 2005.

"The treacherous world of Scarface is a natural property to translate into a cinematic gameplay experience," said Michael Pole, Executive Vice President, Worldwide Studios for Vivendi Universal Games. "The game will feature cutting-edge technology, a compelling storyline and the unprecedented experience of playing as one of Hollywood's most notorious gangsters, Tony Montana."

"Scarface was a landmark film and has inspired countless movies and games," said Bill Kispert, vice president of Interactive at Universal Studios Consumer Products Group. "Having the chance to now bring gamers the authentic experience is an opportunity and challenge we are looking forward to."

Highly acclaimed screenwriter, David McKenna, has written an original event-driven storyline for the interactive game that will lead the player through a sordid underworld. The Scarface video game will create a gameplay environment that authentically recreates the historical time period of the film, touching on politics, news items and events of the day. Players will travel through the steamy, often violent streets of Miami, the irie islands of the Florida Keys, the Bahamas and various other locales and will interact with a world full of seedy and dangerous characters to procure information, negotiate business deals, smuggle contraband and avoid rivals and DEA on a mission to rebuild their fallen empire.

About the film

Al Pacino gives an unforgettable performance as Tony Montana, one of the most ruthless gangsters ever depicted on film, in this gripping crime epic inspired by the 1932 classic of the same title. Directed by hit-maker Brian DePalma and produced by Martin Bregman who brought the Godfather legends to the screen, Scarface follows the violent career of Tony Montana (Pacino), a ruthless Cuban refugee who blasts his way to the top of Miami's drug underworld, attaining wealth and power beyond his wildest dreams. His rags-to-riches ascent is marked by memorable moments, including a scene in which the cocky Montana risks his neck to propose to Elvira (Michelle Pfeiffer), the girlfriend of murderous drug kingpin Frank Lopez (Robert Loggia). Only in the film's devastating finale does Montana come to grips with the awful price of his lavish empire.

With its intense screenplay by Academy Award®-winner Oliver Stone, driving music score by Giorgio Moroder, and superb insights into Miami's lifestyle, Scarface lays bare the sordid power of the American drug scene.

Scarface is rated R. Please consult http://www.filmratings.com for further information.

About Universal Studios Consumer Products Group

Universal Studios Consumer Products Group (USCPG) is responsible for global licensing and retail strategies as well as building brand recognition of the extensive catalogue of NBC Universal properties. Universal Studios Consumer Products Group is a unit of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates the No. 1 television network, the fastest-growing Spanish-language network, a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% controlled by Vivendi Universal.

About Vivendi Universal Games

Headquartered in Los Angeles, VU Games is a leading global developer, publisher and distributor of multi-platform interactive entertainment. Its development studios and publishing labels include Blizzard Entertainment, Sierra Entertainment, Fox Interactive and Massive Entertainment. VU Games' library of over 700 titles features multi-million unit selling properties such as Warcraft®, StarCraft® and Diablo® from Blizzard; Crash Bandicoot®, Spyro The Dragon®, Ground Control®, Tribes® and Leisure Suit Larry(TM).

-------------------------------
Source: Vivendi Universal Games
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Scarface Game - 08/11/04 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
...."Scarface was a landmark film and has inspired countless movies and games," .....
:rolleyes: Oh yeah let me count all the sequels and spin offs of Scarface....not to mention all the games I have in my vast,vast collection.... :rolleyes:

Re: Scarface Game - 08/11/04 01:28 AM

"inspired" is the keyword. Like GTA for instance, and, the entire hip hop culture of today it seems
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Scarface Game - 08/11/04 01:35 AM

Bloody hell, first they are making a Godfather game, and now a Scarface game. Personally, I don't think either of these games will be really that good. They will rely heavily on the liscenses from these flicks and less on the gameplay. I mean, GTA VC is the gangster game/Scarface emulator, and The Godfather...I just dunno.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Scarface Game - 08/11/04 06:35 AM

Sweet Jesus.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Scarface Game - 08/11/04 01:21 PM

When's the Godfather game coming out Double-J? I also heard that they're making a Fight Club game. I can't wait until Memento finally gets made into a game (just kidding)
Posted By: Blake

Re: Scarface Game - 08/11/04 07:12 PM

Yay!
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Scarface Game - 08/11/04 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
When's the Godfather game coming out Double-J? I also heard that they're making a Fight Club game. I can't wait until Memento finally gets made into a game (just kidding)
They ARE making a Fight Club game. Screenshots have been out for months.

Scarface I would like as a game. Comparing a game version to a film remake is stupid, video games is not an art to me. :p

Re: Scarface Game - 08/12/04 06:13 PM

Don Vercetti, I KNOW they're making a Fight Club game. That's what I said. I was joking around about a Memento game.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Scarface Game - 08/14/04 03:45 PM

My October issue of EGM came in the mail today, and they've got a world exclusive first-look at Scarface. It's ambitious, to say the least, but there's screenshots galore, and at this early stage, it looks as if it has a world of potential. Don't knock it just yet, it wont be out for another year or so. I'll definitely check it out when it does though. If you want mad info on this game, pick up the October issue, it'll be out on newstands in a week or so.
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Scarface Game - 08/18/04 01:12 AM

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=1&p=&g=&tr=&mt=&cId=3134015

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offset=0&p=&g=&tr=&mt=&cId=3134015

Re: Scarface Game - 08/18/04 01:19 AM

August 10, 2004 - Vivendi Universal Games today announced the development of Scarface, a new third-person shooter based on the 1983 Brian De Palma classic (in turn based on the 1932 Howard Hawks classic). The title is being developed by Radical Games and is planned for release in Fall 2005 for PC and consoles. Exactly which consoles has yet to be revealed.

Players will step into the shoes of Tony Montana, the larger-than-life gangster memorably played by Al Pacino in the film. While it has yet to be revealed whether any of the film's cast and crew will contribute to the game, VU Games has announced that David McKenna (screenwriter for American History X) will handle the storyline.

"The treacherous world of Scarface is a natural property to translate into a cinematic game play experience," said Michael Pole, Executive Vice President, Worldwide Studios for Vivendi Universal Games. "The game will feature cutting-edge technology, a compelling storyline and the unprecedented experience of playing as one of Hollywood's most notorious gangsters, Tony Montana."

"Scarface was a landmark film and has inspired countless movies and games," said Bill Kispert, vice president of Interactive at Universal Studios Consumer Products Group. "Having the chance to now bring gamers the authentic experience is an opportunity and challenge we are looking forward to."

We should see more details on the game in coming months, including first screens. Given its screen inspiration, though, it's safe to assume Scarface will be heavy on action and include not a little bloodshed. Stay tuned for more.
-- David Adams
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: Scarface Game - 08/24/04 03:10 PM

So... it looks like Grand Theft Auto. As long as it doesn't use that garbage engine from Mafia, it should be cool.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Scarface Game - 08/27/04 05:27 PM

will we all ready no what happen in the end of the game we die facefrist in a pool.

Re: Scarface Game - 08/28/04 07:04 PM

nope it starts there only you aint dead just "worse for wear" or in simple terms fucked up big time
Posted By: Raulito

Re: Scarface Game - 08/31/04 04:22 AM

I got EGM on Saturday, and the facts are pretty juicy. Turns out you wont be able to kill random people on the street, (there's like a morale factor thing, i.e, the two girls in the cars, "fuck that, I dont need that shit im my life" etc) You can interact with them, There's the "Fuck" button, and theres the nice button. Something els thats new is that you dont steal cars or get any random car off the street, you have your own chaefur. The game is mainly about selling the drugs. You drive boats to the Bahammas, and you try to stay away from the DEA. You also try to look for that cockroach Sosa as you try to get your revenge. Sounds pretty cool.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Scarface Game - 09/01/04 02:45 AM

ON PS2..NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!IM GUNNA BE SO MAD IF ITs PS2 ONLY GAME.godfather also
Posted By: da_bad_guy

Re: Scarface Game - 10/02/04 04:38 PM

those screenshots look amazing !! i hope Raulito's right about the random killing and car-jacking thing, thats what made the GTA series too unrealistic.
Posted By: Scarface.1

Re: Scarface Game - 10/02/04 08:15 PM

At first i thought it'll just be a carbon copy of Vice city.
Posted By: adambateman

Re: Scarface Game - 10/02/04 10:07 PM

Scarface game will be interesting, I mean GTA Vice City is the ultimat gangster simulator. I used to own a game of The Godfather 14 years ago on my old MS DOS PC. Shame a 'friend' stole the f**king discs and the combination lock.
Posted By: QTN

Re: Scarface Game - 10/03/04 05:42 PM

Well my gut worries, but I hope the SCARFACE videogame will be good. Then again, someone told me that the videogame is a "sequel" where Mr. Montana did not die but instead was in a coma, woke up, and then goes for revenge or someting to that effect.

Speaking of which, anything new on the GODFATHER videogame?

Re: Scarface Game - 10/03/04 06:42 PM

i don't get why everyone is saying that they hope it isn't copying vice city, when vice city was the one that copied the scarface movie in the first place
Posted By: sicilianspider

Re: Scarface Game - 10/03/04 06:52 PM

I don't think that Vice City at all 'copied' Scarface. The only serious similarity that I noticed was the ending scene.

Vice City was a compilation of a lot of mafia, gangster, conquest, and other neat classic ideas of a 70s city adventure. When people say that don't want Scarface to imitate Vice City, I think they just want another unique type of game, rather than another GTA, which we're going to get very soon anyway.

Re: Scarface Game - 10/03/04 07:06 PM

i agree with what you're saying but can't you see that there are a lot of similarities between the movie and vice city, and anyway, if there are people that haven't seen the movie but are playing the game and have played vice city ,those people will be complaining because of the similar storyline.
Posted By: sicilianspider

Re: Scarface Game - 10/03/04 08:45 PM

Ok, you are right. Those that play Vice City and then watch Scarface will see similarities, but a copyright date should set those folks straight.

If the Scarface industry had also produced a videogame before Vice City, then Rockstar Games would be the 'copy-cat'. However, I see it as Rockstar games just fulfilling the mafia fans' wishes to make a game in that area. The making of Vice City and GTA3 happened much before this Scarface game was announced. I'm sure that this Scarface game will take its own direction and be very different from Vice City.

Re: Scarface Game - 10/04/04 05:06 PM

yeah, i totally agree, well said!
Posted By: jackson81

Re: Scarface Game - 10/10/04 05:39 AM

I think it;s bullshit that they are making a video game of Scarface. It's just a capitalistic explotation of a name. It's gonna start off at the end of the movie in Tony's mansion after the shootout. There's only one thing wrong with that...He got blown in fucking half with both barrels of a sawed-off at point blank!!!!! I don't think there is any getting up and looking for revenge after that...."'Tis just a flesh wound!!"
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Scarface Game - 10/10/04 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
I've seen a few screenshots of the Fight Club game. I'm not really a fan of street fighting games, but I can't wait for this one. This movie really allowed me to realize what a talented actor Edward Norton is. He's one of my favorites. There just aren't a whole lot of exceptional actors in todays generation of film, most of them just get by on looks. I think Norton is an amazing exception to that.

Anywho, They alredy made a Scarface game. It's called Vice City.
Posted By: Nirvana

Re: Scarface Game - 10/17/04 03:34 AM

man and i though GTA San Andreas and Nirvana box set was the end, yah Jesus is gonna come http://www.Nirvanafanclub.com

Re: Scarface Game - 12/03/04 12:47 AM

You guy's aren't gonna believe this, but they want to cast me as an "extra" in the Scarface game! A little digitized JG storekeeper (or hopefully bartender ) -- I'm sure you guys will enjoy killing me over and over! :p

Wow, I gotta tell them when I die I gotta stumble like Rebenga!

An old associate of mine now works for the agency working on the game, and when she realized I had the most popular Scarface fan site, she called me up!

As Oct 2005 gets closer, I'll be given some exclusive material for the Scarface site, too. I should be able to do some giveaways, so this should be a lot of fun!

I'll keep y'all posted as it gets closer! And if I do get in the game (and not cut like Cardi ) hopefully I'll get a screenshot to post! She said a lot of famous people (actors, athletes) are also going to be in there.

Re: Scarface Game - 12/03/04 01:43 AM

Crap man, this is awsome, I cant believe it!I was hoping some news about the game sooner or later, but this!Are they gunna have you look like you,or some cuban guy?Anyway, is Pacino involved with this at all??If so you'll be able to meet him, .So congrats and good luck with the new gig.

Re: Scarface Game - 12/03/04 01:55 AM

Well, I think I just gotta send them some pictures and they'll make it look like me. I'm wondering if I should use my old "Waldo" one - and request I wear a red/white striped shirt!

Too bad it's a non-speaking part! "What jou talkin' 'bout, mang! Blue girlie drinks? Fock JOU, mang!!!"
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Scarface Game - 12/03/04 01:58 AM

hmmm can you add a little note asking them to make you be able to take some bullets. It will be real boring to shoot you once, you die and then have to reset the game :p :p :p

Maybe allow you to look like tony right before he gets the shotgun in the back :p :p

Re: Scarface Game - 12/03/04 02:56 AM

Quote:
You guy's aren't gonna believe this, but they want to cast me as an "extra" in the Scarface game!
My dream of a new use for C4 explosives is finally coming true.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Scarface Game - 12/03/04 09:15 AM

Quote:
You guy's aren't gonna believe this, but they want to cast me as an "extra" in the Scarface game! if I do get in the game (and not cut like Cardi ) hopefully I'll get a screenshot to post! She said a lot of famous people (actors, athletes) are also going to be in there.
Hey mang! If chu do get in da game I am going to bury you like a cockaroach mang!

Da only reson dat I got cut mang was because da guy saw me hangin out wit chu in Chicago mang!

Geoff, that is really fantastic! A scarface nut like you deserves to be involved in this thing!

Keep Us Posted MANG!!!!!

( hey, you gotta get that rebenga dude in this game somehow! )

Don Cardi
Posted By: SC

Re: Scarface Game - 12/03/04 09:51 AM

That is so fuckin' cool, Geoff!

I'll have to go out and buy the game..... I better practice my aim first. :p
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: Scarface Game - 12/03/04 03:20 PM

That's pretty cool Pork!
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Scarface Game - 12/03/04 03:28 PM

That's awesome. Killing JG will be too hard to resist.

Oh and on the game too, killing JG will be too hard to resist.
Posted By: Busta

Re: Scarface Game - 12/03/04 11:07 PM

[/QB][/QUOTE]

How bout they use this picture???
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Scarface Game - 12/05/04 04:31 PM

Geoff,

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Thanks for bringing it to my attention in the chat room yesterday. That's awesome!! I wonder what famous people will be there. Make sure to keep us posted and let us know exactly what you need to do. I think you should post this in "General", because not everyone comes to the SF thread. Sounds so fun!!

TIS
Posted By: Blake

Re: Scarface Game - 12/05/04 06:52 PM

That's crazy Geoff! You gotta let us kno exactly who you are. My friends are'nt gonna belive this...
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Scarface Game - 12/06/04 03:18 AM

Damn, mang thats awesome. I would have thought you'd be the comic-book-guy-esque character sitting behind a computer :p
Posted By: Patches

Re: Scarface Game - 12/06/04 05:00 AM

Wow, JG! That is truly amazing! I bet you feel honored!

Re: Scarface Game - 12/07/04 04:04 AM

I just saw an image of the game and its the first mission where he dies but doesnt, apparently we can use the m16 grenade launcher.SWEET

Re: Scarface Game - 12/07/04 05:36 AM

post the link tom!

Re: Scarface Game - 12/07/04 05:52 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/lucky-luciano80/scarface2.jpg
it really needs work but this is just a draft.To think of it, thats not even the suit he wore that night..?O well, like I said its not the final thing.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Scarface Game - 12/07/04 05:52 AM

This is awesome JG, Simply Awesome!!

Doc

Re: Scarface Game - 12/07/04 05:53 AM

Re: Scarface Game - 01/11/05 06:06 PM

this game looks good and I can wait to get my
hand on that famous gun

Re: Scarface Game - 03/11/05 11:46 PM

Jay-Z eyes Scarface video music gig

[DAILY NEWS EXCLUSIVE]

BY PHYLLIS FURMAN
DAILY NEWS BUSINESS WRITER

Jay-Z is in talks to create the music for Scarface, the much-anticipated video game, sources told the Daily News.

The rap superstar-turned-Def Jam president met earlier this week with execs from Vivendi Universal Games to hammer out a deal to produce the game's music, featuring Def Jam artists.

Also under consideration is a Scarface soundtrack album.

Based on the 1980s Brian DePalma movie starring Al Pacino, Scarface the game is scheduled to debut in the fall, just in time to shoot it out with rival title The Godfather from video game giant Electronic Arts.

The Scarface movie already is an icon in the hip hop world - posters from the flick hang on the walls of rap stars and moguls - and Def Jam is seen as a perfect fit.

The rap label has a long history of ties to video games. Def Jam Vendetta, a game featuring Def Jam artists as characters, proved to be a hit for Electronic Arts.

Both Def Jam and Vivendi Universal Games are units of Vivendi Universal.

The ties between music and video games have never been stronger. With kids playing more than ever, video games are now seen as a critical part of breaking new artists, in the same league as radio and MTV.

Scarface the game takes off where the movie left off, but with a twist. In the film, the main character, notorious drug king Tony Montana, played by Pacino, is blown away.

But in the game, he is alive, ruthless, and gunning to rebuild his drug empire. It is unclear yet whether Pacino will provide his voice and likeness to the project.

"This game will allow the player to be Tony Montana," a source said.

Originally published on March 10, 2005

###

Re: Scarface Game - 03/12/05 12:27 AM

FUCK NO. FUCK NO. Now they're gonna ruin it with shitty poser rap?

Re: Scarface Game - 03/12/05 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
FUCK NO. FUCK NO. Now they're gonna ruin it with shitty poser rap?
Shitty poser Rap? :rolleyes: Jay-Z is one of the best rappers ever. Get over it. No one's making you buy it.

Re: Scarface Game - 03/12/05 04:17 AM

I'm terribly sorry Pat, I wasn't aware I didn't have a right to complain about something I was looking forward to. :rolleyes:

And to what must I "Get over"? The undisputable opinion of yours that Jay-Z is talented? I don't think so, so I could care less.

Re: Scarface Game - 03/12/05 04:29 AM

Quote:
I'm terribly sorry Pat, I wasn't aware I didn't have a right to complain about something I was looking forward to [that I know nothing about]. :rolleyes:
Now you know for next time.

Quote:
And to what must I "Get over"? The undisputable opinion of yours that Jay-Z is talented? I don't think so, so I could care less.
No. Get over the undisputable fact that you don't have to buy or play something you don't want to----cause you don't. -Pat

Re: Scarface Game - 03/12/05 04:31 AM

So I don't have the right to complain about a musician I hate doing music for a game I am looking forward to? Damn, thought I was in America.

Oh, and your quote editing is very cute.

Re: Scarface Game - 03/12/05 04:35 AM

Quote:
So I don't have the right to complain about a musician I hate doing music for a game I am looking forward to? Damn, thought I was in America.
Because you're complaining about something that isn't even final yet and for all you know, this could be like GTA. How do you know Jay-Z isn't just making songs for the soundtrack and for a radio station in the game? You can pause it or not play it if it hurts you so much emotionally and mentally that you must burst into anger over it.

Quote:
Oh, and your quote editing is very cute.
Grazie.

Re: Scarface Game - 03/12/05 04:40 AM

If I know marketing it probably will, and come on, an 80's game with 90's/00's rap? Even if I have to hear another shitty Rush Rush song I'd be happier. I wonder how you'd react to Boyz N The Hood with 70's classic rock playing.

Re: Scarface Game - 03/12/05 04:46 AM

Quote:
If I know marketing it probably will, and come on, an 80's game with 90's/00's rap? Even if I have to hear another shitty Rush Rush song I'd be happier.
First off, who says it's from the 80's? It says that Tony is still alive and there was no shooting. This movie was made in 1983. Gangsta Rap was started by Ice-T in 1984.

Quote:
I wonder how you'd react to Boyz N The Hood with 70's classic rock playing.
'O-o-h Child' was a song made in 1970 that is in Boyz N The Hood, and it fits great. I love the song. -Pat

Re: Scarface Game - 03/12/05 04:47 AM

It might not even be from the 80's? O_O

Re: Scarface Game - 03/12/05 04:49 AM

Quote:
It might not even be from the 80's? O_O
See: The Return of SF

Re: Scarface Game - 03/12/05 07:18 PM

Quote:
"This game will allow the player to be Tony Montana," a source said.

Originally published on March 10, 2005

###
Awe C'mon mang! Why don't they allow the player to be GEOFF??????

Don Cardi

Re: Scarface Game - 03/14/05 11:03 PM

IGN First Look: Scarface (March 9th, 2005)

w00t!!!!

Re: Scarface Game - 03/14/05 11:58 PM

The graphics look like "Driv3r"

Re: Scarface Game - 03/15/05 01:29 PM

it's look's bad but I give it a shot
Posted By: scarfacefan

Re: Scarface Game - 03/17/05 02:39 AM

I think it looks really good
Posted By: Sonny Forelli

Re: Scarface Game - 03/17/05 02:40 PM

YOU PLAY AFTER THE DEATH SCENE WHEN HE FALLS IN THE POOL ! HE'S STILL ALIVE! OMFG THIS IS GOING TO BE A DISASTER

Re: Scarface Game - 03/18/05 12:05 AM

Calm down dude, it's only a game. I rather this than play missions that anyone who saw the movie can predict.

Re: Scarface Game - 03/18/05 12:23 AM

It's better that they do this rather than follow the storyline of the movie...otherwise, what is the point? You know what happens to Tony that way. With this new scenario, it's somewhat open-ended. I like the idea.
Posted By: Sonny Forelli

Re: Scarface Game - 03/18/05 03:26 PM

I hate it, there going to bastertize the movie and it's good name with a storyline that we all know wont stick to previous knowledge from the actual movie.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Scarface Game - 03/19/05 05:32 PM

So the first mission is gonna be when Sosa's men come to Tony's mansion and you have to kill them, or will it be after? Because I don't see how Tony can come back from a coma after getting shot with that 12 gauge in the back ... I'll still get it though.
Posted By: Bubblehead

Re: Scarface Game - 03/19/05 06:33 PM

Scarface is one of those movies that don't need a sequel or a second book. A video game would be fine if they would decide to go from the beginning when he was in the camp and then you play from there, BUT you are able to make your own rise and fall and eventually your own ending, sorta similar to GTA but with more structure.

Re: Scarface Game - 03/19/05 07:15 PM

That doesn't sound too bad...
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Scarface Game - 04/12/05 11:22 AM

Pacino lends his voice for the Scarface Game?!

Take a look at this, he is credited as the voice-over for the Tony Montana character...
Who knows if its true or confirmed...ah well...

Link (imdb)

What do you think?

Re: Scarface Game - 04/12/05 06:31 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they use the MOVIE sound clips.
Posted By: Scarface.1

Re: Scarface Game - 05/08/05 01:08 AM

I said before if you remember it will probably be a carbon copy of GTA:VC because of the time and GTA's actually copying of scarface, they will be very similiar different 'missions' in most parts, i just wanted to clear that up (6 months later :p )

but yeah also will do geoff on actually being on the game!, can't wait to gun you down with a M203

I'm not too bothered what music they will have, I reckon it may have some early hip hop but i'm not too sure when it came about (i only like NWA and public enemy when it comes to hip hop, rap whatever genre you would like to throw it in)

it'll also have some late 70s punk i reckon the clash probably as they 'broke' america and then just general rock n roll like led zep etc
Posted By: SlimTrashman

Re: Scarface Game - 05/08/05 01:48 AM

I heard Jayz is producing the music for this game. Which would usually bother me [I like all kinds of Music Genres] but i can tell Jayz is a smart man. He isnt one of those gangster rappers that most of you are afraid of and im sure he'll stick to the scarface roots.

Re: Scarface Game - 05/08/05 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SlimTrashman:
I heard Jayz is producing the music for this game. Which would usually bother me [I like all kinds of Music Genres] but i can tell Jayz is a smart man. He isnt one of those gangster rappers that most of you are afraid of and im sure he'll stick to the scarface roots.
you hit it right on the nose. a LOT of
people here are afraid of rap :rolleyes:

Re: Scarface Game - 05/10/05 01:07 AM

Fine, they could use rap, but why doesn't Giorgio Moroder do the soundtrack?
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Scarface Game - 05/10/05 02:25 AM

Funny enough, Jay-Z's rap score for the SCARFACE videogame is probably based on the same aborted soundtrack he conducted and produced for the film.

You see, when the new DVD came out in 2003, Universal originally was going to replace Moroder's Eurodisco "coke" musical score with a rap soundtrack produced by...Jay-Z.

However, Brian DePalma found out and invoked his original contract with Universal of him having the final say on his film...and which he absolutely turned down the "score change".

To be honest, I was with DePalma on this one. I respect Jay-Z and all, but the idea sounded retarded. Now for the videogame...its appropriate. Hope its good!
Posted By: Sammy the Bull

Re: Scarface Game - 06/26/05 08:51 PM

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1745

Re: Scarface Game - 07/14/05 05:17 PM

Bad News: Apparently the Scarface Game has been pushed back 'til Spring 2006. Details to follow, if I get'm...

Re: Scarface Game - 07/21/05 04:22 AM

Oh well, that's 50 bucks saved for the XBOX 360 and The Godfather Game...

Re: Scarface Game - 11/23/05 07:52 AM

The teaser trailer of the game is up on the official site!

http://www.scarfacegame.com/us/

Re: Scarface Game - 11/23/05 09:09 AM

That sucked. I wanted to see caps from the game
Posted By: Snake

Re: Scarface Game - 11/23/05 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by don vencent:
[quote]Originally posted by SlimTrashman:
[b] I heard Jayz is producing the music for this game. Which would usually bother me [I like all kinds of Music Genres] but i can tell Jayz is a smart man. He isnt one of those gangster rappers that most of you are afraid of and im sure he'll stick to the scarface roots.
you hit it right on the nose. a LOT of
people here are afraid of rap :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]I'm not "afraid" of it. I'd just like to know when all of a sudden the majority of America supposedly fell in love with it. You'd think that's what everyone likes, judging from how it's integrated in everything from movies to TV commercials. Frankly, I'm sick of it and I think it's insane that people (for whatever reason) find rap as the eptiome of cool or somethin'. I'd feel the same if it were rock, country, or whatever. Variety is what makes the country great. It's just my opinion and yeah, it's a free country, but I do have a right to express my opinion, too!

Re: Scarface Game - 11/23/05 06:52 PM

The only problem I have with Jay-Z producing the music is that this game is based in the 80's, when Jay-Z wasn't even recording anything yet.
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Scarface Game - 11/26/05 08:26 PM

^^^^ not officialy, but he was doing underground mixtapes etc etc.

Re: Scarface Game - 11/27/05 02:50 AM

Yeah, not officialy was what I meant.

Re: Scarface Game - 03/29/06 05:25 AM

Here's a brand new preview for the game

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/scarface/news.html?sid=6146759&tag=nl.e513

Looks pretty good

Re: Scarface Game - 09/14/06 08:51 PM

Hey JG,
I just noticed the Scarface game banner... Are you still going to be in the game?

Re: Scarface Game - 09/15/06 05:01 PM

Supposedly I am - and in a few weeks we'll know for sure.

Re: Scarface Game - 09/15/06 11:28 PM

EDIT: Guess so.

Re: Scarface Game - 10/06/06 08:53 PM

I pre-ordered both the PSP and the PS2 game. Got home today and they arrived two days early!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: Scarface Game - 10/06/06 09:09 PM

you lucky bastard how is it? And after you've had time to play you should review it for us

Re: Scarface Game - 10/07/06 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
I pre-ordered both the PSP and the PS2 game. Got home today and they arrived two days early!
Damn!

They're supposed to send me a copy... I might as well turn blue waiting... :rolleyes:

Re: Scarface Game - 10/07/06 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni_corleone:
you lucky bastard how is it? And after you've had time to play you should review it for us
Played it on the PSP. Got up to level 7 so far. It's a SIM styled mode that I am playing in. There are real scenes from the movie as you complete each level. Pretty decent so far.

Don Cardi

Re: Scarface Game - 10/07/06 03:57 PM

Quote:
Played it on the PSP. Got up to level 7 so far.
So.... is Geoff in the game?

Re: Scarface Game - 10/07/06 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b] Played it on the PSP. Got up to level 7 so far.
So.... is Geoff in the game? [/b][/quote]Yeah. I shot him in the second level.

Actually I have not seen anyone who resembles Waldo, eh, um, I mean Geoff yet.

Don Cardi

Re: Scarface Game - 10/07/06 05:12 PM

Quote:
I shot him in the second level.
The second level?? Is that the same thing as "ass"? :p

Re: Scarface Game - 10/07/06 05:19 PM

Someone said the PSP version of The Godfather game was more about missions rather than an "open world" environment, so if I am in the SF game, I probably didn't make it into the PSP version: Unless there's a bar you can walk into -- look in there

Re: Scarface Game - 10/07/06 05:22 PM

Quote:
Someone said the PSP version of The Godfather game was more about missions rather than an "open world" environment, so if I am in the SF game, I probably didn't make it into the PSP version: Unless there's a bar you can walk into -- look in there
How fitting

Re: Scarface Game - 10/07/06 05:30 PM

They probably made me a strung-out junkie puking in the streets looking for H...

Re: Scarface Game - 10/07/06 06:49 PM

Quote:
They probably made me a strung-out junkie puking in the streets looking for H...
No, I actualy hired you as one of my pushers!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Scarface Game - 10/08/06 05:58 AM

Quote:
Actually I have not seen anyone who resembles Waldo, eh, um, I mean Geoff yet.
I feel like I've been playing "Where's Waldo?" instead of Scarface.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: Scarface Game - 10/09/06 02:29 AM

I like what I've played so far except I don't think the guy sounds as good as they acted like he would he doesn't sound bad tho.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Scarface Game - 10/13/06 05:41 AM

nice game but little things annoy me like why doesn't the characters eyebrow move and their mouths during the game...
but the rest is cool!
especially the BALL RAGE thing it's so great!
the taunt too

Re: Scarface Game - 11/01/06 07:03 AM

I finally got and started the PC version tonight! Got thru Part 1 (got the mansion back), but there are some pretty annoying things, at least with the PC version. Guess I'll get used to it. I'm wondering if I'm one of the goons in that initial scene - I saw a few green shirts, but was too busy trying to figure out the controls to look that closely...

Re: Scarface Game - 11/02/06 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
but there are some pretty annoying things, at least with the PC version.

Don Malta, many people are complaining on the the PC version...
several bugs, especially in the map and the controls...

Re: Scarface Game - 11/03/06 09:24 PM

WTF?????

Well, I just got the Prima Official Strategy Guide today, and found myself on the back page!!!

APPARENTLY... My name is CLIFTON, I live in a TRAILER PARK, and I say, "You seen Rufus anywhere? He ate a whole box of my baseball cards, dumb mutt." (At least now you know where to find me )

But I guess I shouldn't complain... look what they did to the dude below me!!!!!

Attached picture 38-JGinSFGame-trailerpark.jpg

Re: Scarface Game - 11/03/06 09:34 PM

Hilarious, Clifton!

Re: Scarface Game - 11/03/06 11:24 PM

Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Scarface Game - 11/04/06 01:55 PM

Just had to check whether I dreamt that.
Posted By: Aaron_Corleone

Re: Scarface Game - 12/23/06 04:53 PM

There is a mission where you go around kicking hookers in nuts to find the cross dressers. At least that is what my brother said.
Posted By: GottiMafia

Re: Scarface Game - 12/23/06 05:31 PM

i bought it a few days ago and passed the first mission, but not really liking it so i may sell it

Re: Scarface Game - 12/23/06 10:37 PM

Why?
You don't like Tony?
Posted By: Brwne Byte

Re: Scarface Game - 12/26/06 05:31 AM

I sooooo want to play it.
Only thing that bothers me is like,how's he wearing all the same clothes as in the movie?

Re: Scarface Game - 12/26/06 10:26 AM

Tony didn't want to waste his money on new clothes!

Re: Scarface Game - 12/26/06 04:17 PM

I figured I'd be be getting this for Christmas...so I held off buying it. And I was right!

I played through part one and got my mansion back. Since then, I've been doing a bunch of "Felix Leads" so I can broker drug deals and get some quick cash fast. I renovated my home and got 2 of the 5 available ladies at my house (including one from Geoff's trailer park ).

There are a few things that I really dig about the game. For one...you can call someone to bring your car to you. Also, you can hire an entourage of henchmen to do special missions for you. Hey...if you're a big time crime boss...you oughta have a posse of lackeys doing all your dirty work, no?

So far, I like it...but I'll hold judgment until I'm finished.
Posted By: Frank Pentangely

Re: Scarface Game - 01/10/07 04:17 AM

I think, with all due respect, that compared to the other mayor mob games released this year (GTA:LCS, The Godfather and The Sopranos) Scarface was the one that fulfilled my expectations the most eventought I had them very low for it

Re: Scarface Game - 01/14/07 08:02 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed Scarface: The World is Yours. It turned out a LOT better than I ever thought it would.

I especially like the fact that you can call for a car, and access your weapons from the trunk. Also, once you buy the Gun Dealer in the Exotics menu...you never have to worry about being unarmed again (if you've got the funds.)

The one thing that REALLY got old, though, was making drug deals, laundering money...pretty much ANYTHING that included that circular meter. I swear...I felt like I was playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour every time I made a drug deal!

The graphics are much better than most open-world, GTA-styled games, and it has a pretty decent soundtrack. The targetting system is FAR better than the system implemented in the GTA series, and the gun sounds are great.

Overall, though, the game was pretty sweet. Hell, if it had been released 5 years ago alongside Vice City, it could have been a contender.

As is, though, the story is somewhat dull, it lacks the overall humor of the GTA series, and I really have no intention of replaying it.

I'd give it a 7.5/10.
Posted By: manicmontana

Re: Scarface Game - 02/09/07 02:51 AM

the last mission is hard as fuck i thought..but i didnt mind the clip when tony finnaly makes it into sosa's living room...and they're arguing about Tony not blowing up the car..i enjoyed that part of the story..but your right xdcx the story line lacks...funny it was the same writer as Blow and American history x
Posted By: insomniac

Re: Scarface Game - 03/20/07 06:26 AM

This game gets too repetitive.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Scarface Game - 06/05/07 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
I thoroughly enjoyed Scarface: The World is Yours. It turned out a LOT better than I ever thought it would.

I especially like the fact that you can call for a car, and access your weapons from the trunk. Also, once you buy the Gun Dealer in the Exotics menu...you never have to worry about being unarmed again (if you've got the funds.)

The one thing that REALLY got old, though, was making drug deals, laundering money...pretty much ANYTHING that included that circular meter. I swear...I felt like I was playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour every time I made a drug deal!

The graphics are much better than most open-world, GTA-styled games, and it has a pretty decent soundtrack. The targetting system is FAR better than the system implemented in the GTA series, and the gun sounds are great.

Overall, though, the game was pretty sweet. Hell, if it had been released 5 years ago alongside Vice City, it could have been a contender.

As is, though, the story is somewhat dull, it lacks the overall humor of the GTA series, and I really have no intention of replaying it.

I'd give it a 7.5/10.

I totally concur with XD here.

The problem with SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS is that there isn't a story. Its like SPIDER-MAN 3, you just have action scenes, ideas, themes and gimmicks, but no compelling STORY to tie it together in a narrative.

I think the charm of the GRAND THEFT AUTO holy trilogy is that each game had its own good story to back up your gameplay: GTA 3 was about a crook wronged by his co-workers who goes out to avenge himself, POINT BLANK style. SAN ANDREAS is a western in a guy coming back home, only to face the same terrors that existed before, but now with an epic and plot-turning script, he has to fight the corrupt police.

With VICE CITY, its truely a SCARFACE story with Tommy Vercetti going to this city and inadvertedly starting himself a criminal empire.

As for SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS, without the movie and character property, its a decent game but one that people won't play again after beating it.

But then with this SCARFACE game, we see why the problem with companies trying to produce their own GTA-inspired games without being mere knock-offs.

The game tries to re-use GTA's own engine of the protagonist talking with and doing jobs for people as you progress. But thing is, why would Tony Montana do all of this? Why not simply pull out a gun and tell people nicely to sell their businesses to him? At least the GTA games poke fun at itself of this sillyness.

Yet, there was a great idea I loved that *is* different from the GTA series, which is the LAUNDERING MONEY function. Good fun, but after the endless coke deals and the fustratingly inconsistent Coke Delivery missions, this innovation seems quaint.

SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS isn't a bad game. I enjoyed playing it, and XD is right, its better than it should be. But I don't have any emotional or serious investment with it after Tony Montana is victorious.

Thing is, it could have worked if there WAS a story. Instead of Montana escaping into the night and never paying for killing his best friend and inadvertedly his sister, its all forgiven. HUH?

But what if Montana becomes a crazy enlightened despot of the Drug Kingpin of Miami, where he tries to help people out with his insanely vast wealth and power. Its like that mission where, in the game its a throw-away notion, but of Montana rescuring slaves being transported from Latin America....you could have made Tony more of a bad guy to root for against the WORSE baddies.

RRA'S VIDEO GAME REVIEW SCORE: ***1/2
Posted By: whisper

Re: Scarface Game - 06/06/07 06:35 AM

I enjoyed it for the most part.The friggin drug dealing got very monotonous though and as a huge fan of the Scarface enterprise i found myself not really wanting to even finish it that badly in the end.Then again on the flip side i seem to get disappointed in games that have been created from an epic film.I.e The Godfather game to me was a bit of a let down too but i did enjoy it more than Scarface.
Posted By: xNamexTakenx

Re: Scarface Game - 09/24/07 01:37 AM

I haven't played this game, yet. But, I'm thinking about buying it. Is it worth buying?

Re: Scarface Game - 09/24/07 12:20 PM

Even as a fan of the film...I really can't recommend a purchase. It is worth a rental, though.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET