Home

Currently Playing...?

Posted By: Double-J

Currently Playing...? - 06/26/04 02:38 AM

1.) MLB Baseball 2004 (PS2)
2.) Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (emulated)
3.) Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain (PS2)

How about y'all?
Posted By: Patches

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/26/04 03:36 AM

Nothing on the PS2 right now-I had it shipped off .

So I hooked up the Atari and I'm playing Ms. Pacman and G.I. Joe.

I'm hooking up the NES later and we'll go from there .
Posted By: Santino Corleone

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/26/04 03:47 AM

GTA: Vice City, for about the 15th time (PS2)
Hitman: Contracts (PS2)
Dynasty Warriors 3 (PS2)
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/26/04 03:48 AM

1. Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)- Im almost done with it, but in the meantime Im savoring my last moments with this truly amazing game.

2. Ace Combat 4 (PS2)- THE best flying game ever without a doubt. I cant get enough of it.

3. Madden 2004 (PS2)- No 2 player game is as fun as Madden. Cant wait for the next instalment.

4. Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (PS2)- Not a great game by any means, but I was in the mood for a war game so I fished this out of the closet.

5. GTA Vice City (PS2)- Been playing it quite a bit lately to slightly calm anxiety and build up anticipation for San Andreas.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/26/04 05:00 AM

Currently, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (PS2) is taking up all my gaming time. The online game is absolutely incredible. The greatest time I've ever had playing a stealth game. Brilliant.
Posted By: DannyMontana

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/26/04 05:19 AM

I haven't been playing many games lately, but I have been playing an older game on PS2. Arctic Thunder, the sequel to Hydro Thunder (the arcade game) and it is really fun.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/28/04 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
4. Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (PS2)- Not a great game by any means, but I was in the mood for a war game so I fished this out of the closet.
That is my current game too. I agree it is not great, but I love "Midnight Raid on Guadalcanal".
Posted By: Mr. Baggins

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/28/04 12:57 AM

Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/28/04 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
[quote]Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
[b] 4. Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (PS2)- Not a great game by any means, but I was in the mood for a war game so I fished this out of the closet.
That is my current game too. I agree it is not great, but I love "Midnight Raid on Guadalcanal". [/b][/quote]yea thats a good one. My favorite has to be the begginning mission at Pearl Harbor. Fun and very powerful.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/29/04 06:58 PM

The Pearl Harbor mission was fun, and it's a shame that the rest of the game couldn't quite live up to the brilliance of that mission. Although I must say I enjoyed storming the beaches of Normandy in MOH: Frontline a little bit better.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/01/04 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
The Pearl Harbor mission was fun, and it's a shame that the rest of the game couldn't quite live up to the brilliance of that mission. Although I must say I enjoyed storming the beaches of Normandy in MOH: Frontline a little bit better.
I thought that the Normandy mission in Frontline was very weak and it was not what I expected. In the computer version, Allied Assualt, it was much much better.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/02/04 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
I thought that the Normandy mission in Frontline was very weak and it was not what I expected. In the computer version, Allied Assualt, it was much much better.

While I loved the Normandy mission in Frontline, I would definitely have to agree with you on the Allied Assault version being better.
Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/02/04 09:25 AM

Currently I'm playing Call of Duty online, it's a spectacular game, esspecially Brecourt is worth playing. Besides that I'm occasionally playing NFS: Underground, which is really fun to play now and then.

And I have to agree, the Ohmaha Beach mission in MOHAA was spectacular, but I've never played Frontline, though.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/02/04 12:03 PM

I'm still playing Madden '97 on the 64.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/02/04 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Corleone 14:
Currently I'm playing Call of Duty online, it's a spectacular game, esspecially Brecourt is worth playing. Besides that I'm occasionally playing NFS: Underground, which is really fun to play now and then.

And I have to agree, the Ohmaha Beach mission in MOHAA was spectacular, but I've never played Frontline, though.
I was able to play Call of Duty at my friends house one time, and yes you are right. The game is nothing short of spectacular. Unfortunately my computer doesnt support such a game.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/03/04 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I'm still playing Madden '97 on the 64.
I still occasionally play Madden '91 (actually just called "John Madden Football") on Sega Genesis. It was the first of the series. The Bills are awesome.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/03/04 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
The Bills are awesome.
Damn right! :p
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/19/04 02:17 PM

I'm playing metal slug
for the psone
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/19/04 11:50 PM

I'm working on completeing every task in Spider-Man 2. I beat the main story missions within a week or so, and have alot of other things done...

I also like to pop in a GTA game from time to time for a little fun just fooling around (i already beat them all 100% so that's all i can do :p )

And occasionally i get a weird craving to play the original spider-man game for PSone. Plus i can beat it all in about 1 day so I usually spend the day at the playstation when there's nothing else to do.
Posted By: Blake

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/20/04 10:13 AM

I have a ps2, gamecube, and x box so I am on and off woth some games. Right now I am playing the hll out of rainbow six 3 for xbox live.
Posted By: sicilianspider

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/21/04 06:52 AM

-- NBA Live 2004
-- Spider-Man 2
-- Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Posted By: Scarface.1

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/21/04 08:30 PM

- Smuggerlers run
- Robot wars arenas of destruction (dont no why i just got bored)
-GT3

Thats what i have been playin thought id play some ps2 classics with robot wars n smuggerlers run.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/21/04 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
I'm working on completeing every task in Spider-Man 2. I beat the main story missions within a week or so, and have alot of other things done...

I also like to pop in a GTA game from time to time for a little fun just fooling around (i already beat them all 100% so that's all i can do :p )

And occasionally i get a weird craving to play the original spider-man game for PSone. Plus i can beat it all in about 1 day so I usually spend the day at the playstation when there's nothing else to do.
You need to get some real hobbies or get a girlfriend jesus u play computer games to much.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/21/04 08:42 PM

My Playstation should be back tomarrow, so I picked up a few older racing games from my brother's house. It's sad though, cuz now I have to send off the other playstation, how I ended up with two, I don't know .

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/23/04 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarface.1:
[quote]Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[b] I'm working on completeing every task in Spider-Man 2. I beat the main story missions within a week or so, and have alot of other things done...

You need to get some real hobbies or get a girlfriend jesus u play computer games to much. [/b][/quote]1.) I have a Girlfriend.
2.) I only spend all day playind a video game like every couple of month's and I take long break's, so without break's it's only like 6 hour's of gaming. On an average day I only spend like 3-4 hour's. And beleive me it took about 6-9 months for me to get 100% per GTA. I've been playing them since they first came out so It's not like I intentionally bought them all at once and locked myself in a room with nothing but a PS2 and a cup to piss into and then simoultainously drink it, until I beat them all.
3.) I AM Jesus, and I'd appriciate not taking my name in vein. That's strike 1 and I'd watch it unless you want me to point my fingure at you, hence causing you to spontainously combust and be sent to hell.
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/23/04 02:52 AM

I picked up ESPN NFL 2K5. First off, I'm a Madden guy. Always have been. So, I've only played a little so far, but I really can't stand the gameplay.

However, $20 is worth it to hold me over til August 10th (I think) and it is a very in-depth franchise. Which I love.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/23/04 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by joltinjoe05:
I picked up ESPN NFL 2K5. First off, I'm a Madden guy. Always have been. So, I've only played a little so far, but I really can't stand the gameplay.

However, $20 is worth it to hold me over til August 10th (I think) and it is a very in-depth franchise. Which I love.
That surprised me JJ! Cause I converted from Madden to 2K in 2002, and I absolutely love the ESPN games. I think it much more realistic in both the players physics models and the actual AI than the Madden games.

Hell, I didn't even know it was out yet. Better run to Gamestop

---

Currently Playing: Gran Prix Challenge (PS2)
MVP Baseball 2004 (PS2)
Tony Hawk 3 (GCN)
Posted By: peepshow

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/23/04 05:47 AM

Hitman 2(ps2), Bloodrayne(ps2), and midway arcade treasures(xbox). Everyone should buy the midway arcade treasures with the universal real arcade, it goes great with the game. http://www.consolegameworld.com/article.php/id/49/

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/23/04 01:34 PM

NCAA Football 2005 - better than ESPN NFL 2K5 and Madden 2005

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/23/04 08:07 PM

I just picked up 2K5 this morning, for $20, it's a deal. I haven't played much, I'm just tweaking the rosters (Bills r0x0rz my s0x0rs!!! :p )...

I'll let y'all know what I think soon.
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/23/04 10:21 PM

I'm extremely new to the series, DJ. So, I don't know if these are new things, but I really like the Sportscenter stuff with Berman and I love how you can plan out the whole week in preparation for the game. Very cool.

The gameplay is really different and in my opinion harder than Madden. Probably cause I'm not use to it.

Either way, I can't wait for Madden.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/27/04 01:58 AM

Haha, I see Pat made a thread about how bad it sucks. We can discuss it there, my friend.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/28/04 07:33 PM

I got a craving to play Vice City couple of days ago so im playing vice city again, just goin around in the apache helicopter doin vigilante missions in the apache very amusing, Crack down on those punks via big helicopter with lots of weapons!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/28/04 07:38 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Scarface.1:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[b] I'm working on completeing every task in Spider-Man 2. I beat the main story missions within a week or so, and have alot of other things done...

You need to get some real hobbies or get a girlfriend jesus u play computer games to much. [/b][/quote]1.) I have a Girlfriend.
2.) I only spend all day playind a video game like every couple of month's and I take long break's, so without break's it's only like 6 hour's of gaming. On an average day I only spend like 3-4 hour's. And beleive me it took about 6-9 months for me to get 100% per GTA. I've been playing them since they first came out so It's not like I intentionally bought them all at once and locked myself in a room with nothing but a PS2 and a cup to piss into and then simoultainously drink it, until I beat them all.
3.) I AM Jesus, and I'd appriciate not taking my name in vein. That's strike 1 and I'd watch it unless you want me to point my fingure at you, hence causing you to spontainously combust and be sent to hell. [/b][/quote]Wow that would be a cool way to kill people, point a figure at em until they spontainously combust and go to hell altho i dont find killing people cool, unless its a computer game that is perfectly fine.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/29/04 05:00 PM

1.) ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2)
2.) Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GCN)
3.) Gran Prix Challenge (PS2)
Posted By: Scarface Back In Black

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/29/04 05:09 PM

Splinter Cell-Xbox

Vice city-ps2

GTA III-Ps2

Ghost Recon Island Thunder-XBox

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/29/04 05:40 PM

I'm currently caught up in playing Spiderman 2 (PS2). It's got less than stellar graphics, but there's no other game that makes you feel more like a superhero. The web-slinging is awesome, and the graphics had to be sacrificed to allow the no loading times, and the high framerate. I'm also currently playing Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (PS2). Slamming bad guys into walls with your mind never gets old, nor does controlling their minds, only to have them kill all their comrades, and then proceed to jump off a cliff. Both are definitely must-have titles, but I'd have to say Psi-Ops is more fun.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/30/04 04:50 AM

Need for Speed Underground, nice cars and as you up your level there are lots of stuffs to customized your car. i've finished the game and playing it again for some extra challenge. now i'm playing it the "hard" way . . .

GoodFella

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/05/04 07:31 PM

Simpsons Road Rage & Gran Turismo 3.Also Tekken Tag Tournament .

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/05/04 07:37 PM

Oh yes! Back when I first got my ps2 Tekken Tag became my new best friend. Who's yopur fave character?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/05/04 07:47 PM

It would be a tie between Jin and Eddy, both are super cool .

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/05/04 07:49 PM

I agree. King is also very good. I grew up with them and his backstory has always been very strange. Have you gotten all the videos yet?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/05/04 07:55 PM

Nah, I started it last night and didn't get very far. I just got my playstation back and they did a crappy job. It keeps freezing and you got to reset it a few times for it to work. I'm thinking about sending it back with a polite little note .

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/05/04 07:59 PM

Lol I have thought of sending a friendly note a few times. I hope sony never lets out another system with faulty hardware.
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/18/04 01:42 AM

1) vice city (xbox)
2) gta III (xbox)
3) espn 2k5 (xbox)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/18/04 04:49 PM

Doom3, a nice and hair raising game. just started it the other day and its very addictive. lol! nice graphics and sound effects. . .

GoodFella
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/18/04 05:48 PM

Well actually I play:

1: XBOX = nothing
2: PC = nothing
3: PS 2 = nothing

I rather read books of Mafia/Cosa Nostra. My parents are already complaining that I read too much of the free I have. And they think that when I'm reading I don't have time to talk.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/19/04 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by scarfacetm:
1) vice city (xbox)
2) gta III (xbox)
3) espn 2k5 (xbox)
Do you have x box live?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/19/04 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blake Peters:
[quote]Originally posted by scarfacetm:
[b] 1) vice city (xbox)
2) gta III (xbox)
3) espn 2k5 (xbox)
Do you have x box live? [/b][/quote]course i got live its what makes alot of xbox games worth playin
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/19/04 05:04 PM

Madden 2005 - PS2

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/20/04 09:14 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Blake Peters:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by scarfacetm:
[b] 1) vice city (xbox)
2) gta III (xbox)
3) espn 2k5 (xbox)
Do you have x box live? [/b][/quote]course i got live its what makes alot of xbox games worth playin [/b][/quote]What's your gamertag, we can play together.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 04:05 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by scarfacetm:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Blake Peters:
[b]
quote:
1) vice city (xbox)
2) gta III (xbox)
3) espn 2k5 (xbox)
Do you have x box live? [/b][/quote]course i got live its what makes alot of xbox games worth playin [/b][/quote]What's your gamertag, we can play together.
slimshady88

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 04:24 AM

Aight I'll add you. I'm on alot of the time so hopefully I cath you soon and we'll talk about what games we can have in chat.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 04:32 AM

same wit me if im not out im usually on since itrs right next to my pc im on it now actually theres a site you can go to xbox people put their pics up n shit and the games they have and not to be sexist or nuthin but i was damn suprised by how many chicks play live

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 04:33 AM

Man if your on now I have my x box right next to me too. I am surprised too about the girls who play. When I;m on raibow 6 3 sometimes half the girls are players. Do you know that site?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 04:35 AM

yea i know what site i found it from a friend of mine its http://www.gamertagpics.com its pretty cool but as far as chicks go yea i know they like video games my girlfriend loves xbox but i rarely see em when i play that site over 2 thousand are registered its like holy shit

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 05:03 AM

Man that was a good talk and we'll play in a bit. Thanks for the link.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 05:05 AM

ahh no problem ya kno how it is and play which game

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 05:14 AM

Nice pic. Look up The Godfather15 if you wanna see me.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 05:15 AM

in my gallery i got a pic of what my xbox gonna look like wit that scarface skin

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 05:20 AM

Aight I'll check it out.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 05:23 AM

coulda got it in white green red chrome

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 05:33 AM

Holy thats a sweet cover. Where did you order it from?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 05:36 AM

some website i forget were i'll have to check

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/21/04 06:06 AM

im gonna toss in c-s for now so if you get on live you know were to find me

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/01/05 08:48 PM

currenty playing

mgs 3
god of war
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/01/05 09:13 PM

XBOX broken...
Posted By: Snake

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/01/05 09:21 PM

God of War, Devil May Cry 3 (talk about diificult and challenging!), and X-Men Legends...3 awesome games, IMHO.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/22/05 12:24 PM

just beat god of war and mgs3

now playing mafia
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/22/05 12:48 PM

Fifa 2005

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/22/05 01:44 PM

I'm currently trying to defeat God of War on God mode (which is almost freakin' impossible), and I'm playing through Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for the second time. I bought Gran Turismo 4 a couple days after it came out, played it a couple times, and haven't played it since. It's boring.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/22/05 05:35 PM

Mafia for PC (Xbox still broken! )

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/22/05 06:18 PM

Wario Ware Touched, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Katarmi Darcy and Splinter Cell.
Posted By: Tom

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/26/05 11:55 PM

For the box I just beat Kotor 2:The Sith Lords and Red Dead Revolver-its better than I thought.
Posted By: Tony Kyprianou

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/27/05 12:40 PM

Metal Gear Solid 3; Snake Eater

10/10
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/27/05 05:06 PM

Just started playing Final Fantasy XI on PC again.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/27/05 10:33 PM

Lego Star Wars. Sure, I bought it for my little brother. But dammit, even if Samuel L. Jackson makes an ugly ass Lego figure, this game is kickass!
Posted By: Tom

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/27/05 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Lego Star Wars. Sure, I bought it for my little brother. But dammit, even if Samuel L. Jackson makes an ugly ass Lego figure, this game is kickass!
I rented it, its okay. But they should the game in a non-lego version.
Posted By: HalJordan

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/14/05 04:37 AM

I suggest Star Ocean till the end of time PS2, addictive.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/14/05 05:34 AM

Well I'm currently playing God of War on God mode and just STARTED playing Haunting Ground...thats all...

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/14/05 06:09 AM

Rise of The Kasai, Area 51 and Medal Of Honour:European Assault.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/14/05 09:05 AM

Hitman 2 with cheats!!! Just to relief some aggression I built up last weeks....

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/14/05 10:43 AM

Star Wars Lego.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/14/05 01:52 PM

I'm still playing Lumines for the PSP, and I've started playing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas again.
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/14/05 02:37 PM

Im currently trying to beat Need For Speed Underground 2, but for fun I play T.H.U.G
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/14/05 07:38 PM

Prince of Persia Sands of Time...
GREAT game!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/15/05 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aziatic:
Prince of Persia Sands of Time...
GREAT game!
One of the most beautiful games I've ever played (both visually and control-wise). The controls are perfect, and the animations are so well-done, that it doesn't seem odd that the Prince can run along walls.

If you liked this game, you should check out Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. It's a tad bit longer, and its darker. The Prince can get a little annoying with his cheesy one-liners, but it doesn't detract too much from the experience.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/15/05 07:36 AM

Katamari Damacy. Play this game!!!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/15/05 11:35 AM

Quote:
One of the most beautiful games I've ever played (both visually and control-wise). The controls are perfect, and the animations are so well-done, that it doesn't seem odd that the Prince can run along walls.

If you liked this game, you should check out Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. It's a tad bit longer, and its darker. The Prince can get a little annoying with his cheesy one-liners, but it doesn't detract too much from the experience.
Agree, a BEAUTIFUL game!
I think I will check Warrior Within as soon as Im done with Sands of Time. Im still at the beginning...
Posted By: Tony Kyprianou

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/19/05 05:56 PM

Just getting into Pro Evolution 4 for PS2 had it since xmas, but my car accident last week means I have time to play it

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/20/05 12:52 PM

Its hard to get back to play Prince of Persia after you play GOD of War

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/20/05 03:09 PM

Yea, God of War is freakin' incredible. It definitely looks too good to even operate on the PS2, but they pulled it off. It's my favorite game thus far to come out this year, and is definitely in the running for "Game of the Year."

When I got off work last night, I rummaged through the bargain bin at Wal-Mart, and came across two games that I've wanted to check out for a while now; TimeSplitters: Future Perfect and Sly 2: Band of Thieves. So I picked em both up (for $35! ), and at this moment, I'm playing the hell outta TimeSplitters. What an awesome FPS this game is. Sly 2 is a platformer in the vein of the Jak series, only without the guns. Rather, it leans more towards stealthy gameplay. And with good reasoning, seeing as you're a theif, and its your goal to steal world treasures. The game itself is gorgeous, but I haven't played enough of it to give an accurate consensus on what I feel about it.

And then there's Fight Night: Round 2. Man, I can't get enough of that game. Even on the hardest difficulty, I'm pounding the hell out of my opponents.
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/20/05 03:50 PM

How is Brothers In Arms for PS2? I'm not much of a gamer, but it looks way cool to me.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/20/05 03:57 PM

Brothers in Arms is the single greatest WWII game to be released. Not only is it a FPS war game, but its squad-based. So you can send a couple of your guys around to give suppressing fire while you and a couple other's flank the enemy. It's very strategic, but it's awesome, and the experience itself is down right visceral. You should definitely check it out.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/20/05 05:42 PM

Cool, thanks for the info. I kind of had doubts because I checked this whole thread and nobody had mentioned it.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/21/05 05:32 AM

Destroy All Humans.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/21/05 10:32 AM

Madden 2005 on the DS. I had to get it imported but it was bloody worth it. Except even with the late release date (compared to the PS2 and other console versions) the ratings are still based the season before last and the Steelers are shit.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/21/05 05:37 PM

My brother bought Batman Begins for PS2. I decided to give it a whirl yesterday. Man, am I disappointed. The game just fails to deliver on every aspect (except the voice acting, which is great). The main aspect of the game is to instill fear in your enemies. Rather than let you be creative, there's predetermined things you must do to scare your enemies, like throwing the Bat-a-rang at a crate and having it fall down near the enemy. This causes them to drop their weapons and act like little girls. The controls are floaty, the Batmobile sequences are pointless, and clearly rip off Burnout 3 (why the hell do you have arrows pointing you in the direction you're supposed to go, like you're on a racetrack or something?) The graphics are good, and perfectly captures the mood of the latest film, but they spent all this time on the graphics, and forgot that they're actually making a game that people will be playing. EA has definitely done better.

5/10

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/21/05 10:25 PM

I'm so excited. I'm getting Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas at the end of this week. I've played it a couple of times on a buddy's PS2 but I can wait to have it for myself, on XBOX, no doubt.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/23/05 02:28 AM

Speaking of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, I threw that in the old PS2 and was goofing around in it. Does anyone know how to lose muscle? I wunna date the girl thats shoting holes on that roof.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/23/05 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheSicilian123:
Speaking of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, I threw that in the old PS2 and was goofing around in it. Does anyone know how to lose muscle? I wunna date the girl thats shoting holes on that roof.
GTA: San Andreas cheats

Really Skinny C.J.: , Up, Up, Left, Right, , Right

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/23/05 03:34 PM

Thanks XXXDCXXX

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/24/05 04:53 AM

SOCOM II: US Navy SEALs (PS2)
MVP Baseball 2005 (PS2)
LBA 2: Twinsen's Odyssey (PC)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/29/05 11:59 PM

Does anyone know what exactly happens when you save with cheats? (in San Andreas?)

And does "Street Cred" really matter?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/30/05 12:04 AM

Nothing. It's just Rockstar has a thing that if you cheat, you'll never reach 100% completion, even if you do everything you can possibly do. You'll only be able to reach 99.9%.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/30/05 12:05 AM

Some cheats dont do anything.
Some do.
Warning! Dont save in Mad Dogs mansion its a glich!

Well im currently playing Mafia and Q-ball (pool game)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/04/05 02:06 AM

Does anyone know who sings the "Where do Gangsters go when they die." song in the opening sequence?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/09/05 02:04 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know who sings the "Where do Gangsters go when they die." song in the opening sequence?
The song is "Lake of Fire", performed by Lordz of Brooklyn

Nirvana did a better version, though.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/09/05 02:08 PM

Thank you xxxDCxxx
Posted By: suspect_5

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/09/05 06:12 PM

Civilization III and I suck at it.
Posted By: Don of Dons

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/09/05 09:57 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Scarface.1:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:

3.) I AM Jesus, and I'd appriciate not taking my name in vein. That's strike 1 and I'd watch it unless you want me to point my fingure at you, hence causing you to spontainously combust and be sent to hell. [/b][/quote]its so good to be the king. lol

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/21/05 03:30 AM

NCAA Football 2006

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/23/05 05:05 PM

dead to rights 3 for the psp
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/24/05 01:44 AM

Fifa 2005 - Gamecube
Posted By: MafiaHitman13

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/05/05 07:44 PM

NBA Street V3- Xbox

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/05/05 11:54 PM

Quote:
[QB]
Warning! Dont save in Mad Dogs mansion its a glich!
I've been saving there (not constantly, but when I am in the area) for over six months now, and I haven't been having any problems. What's the glitch supposed to do?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/25/05 02:16 AM

Twisted Metal: Head-On (PSP)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/25/05 10:04 AM

Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube

WOOOOW, is that game superb, or what? Truly amazing!
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/25/05 04:54 PM

I am currently playing Age Of Empires II: Age Of Kings. I have already completed it, but I have decided to complete it for a second time.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/29/05 02:19 PM

Showdown: Legends Of Wrestling (Sucky, but love beating up The Hulkster with Andy F'n Kaufman!)

Madden 06

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/29/05 03:11 PM

ROME WAR FOR PC

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/29/05 05:26 PM

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/29/05 08:46 PM

Fight Night Round 2.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/19/05 04:38 PM

Burnout Revenge (PS2)

Awesome game. The sense of speed is simply incredible!

P.S.
Yes, the game really does look that good.
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/25/05 09:54 AM

For some reason I am thoroughly and totally addicted to Madden 2004. I guess I can understand being addicted to Madden games, theyre quite well made, but for some reason I like 04 so much better than 05 or 06. A bit odd I guess.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/25/05 03:12 PM

Quote:
[b]Burnout Revenge (PS2)

Awesome game. The sense of speed is simply incredible!

P.S.
Yes, the game really does look that good. [/b]
I played the demo, and it plays really good. I might get it.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/26/05 03:48 AM

NHL 2K6
Madden 2006
MVP Baseball 2005

Coming Soon:

SOCOM III, bitches!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/26/05 03:01 PM

Indigo Prophecy (PS2)

It's a shame that this game probably won't sell that well, because it's quite remarkable. It creates a perfect balance of gameplay and cinema. You control almost every aspect of the game, from Matrix style kung fu fights, to menial tasks such as going to the bathroom. It never gets tedious. The game is presented in a widescreen format (16:9, I believe), to maintain the film-like feel. There are a few annoying parts (the flashback scenes of Lucas' childhood especially), but you'll be hardpressed to find a better story driven game this year. Definitely a must buy!

***1/2 out of ****

Read the review on IGN.com or GameSpot.com to get a good idea on what you'll be getting yourselve into.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/28/05 08:06 PM

i'm from the old school baby

Posted By: LaFamiglia

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/07/05 07:03 AM

I play GTAIII on my PC alot more than I used to. I cant find Vice City so I just play GTA3.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/09/05 11:07 PM

Posted By: LaFamiglia

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/10/05 12:45 AM

I bought San Andreas for PC and I found Vice City for PC in my GTA3 case for PS2 so I am one lucky Grand Theft Auto Freak! lol So I'm playing 3,Vice, and San An for PC. One thing that upsets me is that I set my controls to match up with PS2, but for San An there seem to be more things for different controls so it'll take a while to get used to.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/09/05 02:15 PM

Well...not yet. I'll be picking it up tonight when I get off work. I've been waiting a long time for this game.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/11/05 05:50 AM

I'm halfway through Doom 3 right now, it's pretty good.
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/11/05 07:20 PM

Though I bought it from Target for as a Greatest Hit, I've enjoyed this game as it has kept me occupied for the past week or two:

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/13/05 04:44 AM

Beat it! Now I'm working on:

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/13/05 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
I'm halfway through Doom 3 right now, it's pretty good.
Doom 3 is so awesome...

The movie is so cool...
If ya SMELL WHAT THE ROCK is cooking?
Posted By: HalJordan

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/14/05 01:58 AM

The new Castlevania Xbox

I recomend it for the fans

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/15/05 10:10 PM

WOW! That's all I've got to say!

BTW, I just defeated Gun today. What at terrific game. The only thing holding it back is its length, which was far too short for my tastes. Overall though, it's brilliant. I highly recommend it!

9.5/10

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/28/05 07:59 PM

starwars battlefront 2

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/28/05 09:03 PM

Just picked this up!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/03/05 03:23 PM

From Russia with Love is a one HOT James Bond game...
I dunno how the ratings of this game by the reviews were bad... but to me it's th best bond game until now...
I'm enjoying it more than I've enjoyed Everything or nothing!

What about you guys? Who's playing From Russia with Love?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/05/05 01:26 AM

Perfect Dark 0
Condemned
NBA 2K6
Call Of Duty 2

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/05/05 10:50 AM

I'm playing some older games right now.

Hearts of Iron 2

and

XIII

But I both love them.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/05/05 04:10 PM

I'm hopping back and forth between SMACKDOWN VS. RAW '06, SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS, and METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER. I've beaten SNAKE EATER about a dozen times now, but I keep going back for more.

I'm kinda stuck on SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS. I can't find the 12th colossus anywhere. Looks like I'm gonna have to look up a FAQ page, which I hate doing.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/10/05 12:30 PM

Quote:
I'm hopping back and forth between SMACKDOWN VS. RAW '06, SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS, and METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER. I've beaten SNAKE EATER about a dozen times now, but I keep going back for more.

I'm kinda stuck on SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS. I can't find the 12th colossus anywhere. Looks like I'm gonna have to look up a FAQ page, which I hate doing.
* In SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2006 who's your favourite?

is it Triple H, HULKAMANIA or someone else...

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/10/05 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Zadjali:
* In SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2006 who's your favourite?

A tie between Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin, my two favorite Superstars of all time.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/11/05 03:03 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Zadjali:
[b] * In SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2006 who's your favourite?

A tie between Bret Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin, my two favorite Superstars of all time. [/b][/quote]Bret Hart and Steve Austin are so AWESOME!
Posted By: Luciano Fanucci

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/22/05 01:11 AM

Need For Speed Most Wanted.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/22/05 01:32 AM

NFS:MW, madden 06 (360), and lately, GTA 3 & GTA:VC(xbox)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/22/05 01:50 AM

I'm playing through GTA: Liberty City Stories for the second time. What a great game! Definitely the killer app the PSP needed.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/22/05 01:51 AM

Quote:
I'm playing through GTA: Liberty City Stories for the second time. What a great game! Definitely the killer app the PSP needed.
I want the game, but I don't have the PSP which sucks.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/28/05 05:02 AM

Lately, I've been playing the shit out of Project Gotham Racing 3.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/28/05 05:34 PM

I just got Dragon Quest VIII, it also comes with a Final Fantasy XII demo. I highly recommend both games.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/28/05 11:16 PM

I'm playing GTA LCS and The Movies.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/04/06 06:50 PM

I'm currently jumping back and forth between these three games:

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/04/06 10:57 PM

And after I beat that one, this one:

By that time, I should be able to pick up my preordered copy of:
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/06/06 05:26 PM

...for what it's worth.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/23/06 11:59 PM

Lately I've been played Civilization IV and Call of Duty II.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/24/06 12:47 AM

Excellent game so far.
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/30/06 06:16 PM

I am currently playing Age of Empires III, although I haven't been playing it as often as I would play it's prequels.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/03/06 04:48 PM

Devil May Cry 3, Special Edition. A whole sight better than the original DMC3, and considerably less frustrating! Plus, you can't beat the price: $20!!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/03/06 05:14 PM

Probably one of the best games ever made.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/03/06 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter_Clemenza:
I am currently playing Age of Empires III, although I haven't been playing it as often as I would play it's prequels.
What do you think of AoE III? I was going to buy it but the reviews have been pretty hit and miss, and the demo wasn't that great.
Posted By: suspect_5

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/07/06 02:40 AM

Hexic - and I really can't tell you why

I guess actually I could, because there just aren't that many games for the 360 I'm actually thinking of buying a couple of the Arcade games because they seem just as fun as the full on games and they only cost like 10-15 bucks

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/09/06 03:05 AM

The Fight Night 3 demo for 360. Absolutely incredible game.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/09/06 04:48 PM

NFSU and Farcry.

GoodFella

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/11/06 04:36 AM

This is off topic but look how much better Far Cry is on the 360 compared to pc. You need quick time.
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=22950

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/11/06 01:27 PM

Arena Football, MVP NCAA Baseball 2006.

Fantastic games.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/11/06 01:33 PM

Vampire The Masquerade-Bloodlines

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/11/06 09:51 PM

Quote:

Excellent game so far.
Been playing that for a few days now, excellent game, just got past the Castle I think, on the boa with Ada now.
Posted By: Dominic Corleone

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/13/06 11:51 PM

currently playing mafialife.com online

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/17/06 07:39 AM

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/17/06 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
That's a fair statement. After I started playing it, I was hooked. It's one of the only games which took me two days to beat.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/17/06 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Love:
[quote]Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
[b]Probably one of the best games ever made.
That's a fair statement. After I started playing it, I was hooked. It's one of the only games which took me two days to beat. [/b][/quote]The last levels impossible.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/17/06 04:35 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Tony Love:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
[b]Probably one of the best games ever made.
That's a fair statement. After I started playing it, I was hooked. It's one of the only games which took me two days to beat. [/b][/quote]The last levels impossible. [/b][/quote]I beat it in two tries, on the hardest difficulty. After McGruder gets up on the cliff and starts throwing dynamite at you, you have to go into "quick draw" mode. Shoot the dynamite out of the air. Eventually, he'll throw a bundle of dynamite at you. Shoot that before it leaves his hand, or right after it leaves his hand. This will cause the ceiling around him to crumble. You'll have to repeat this process 2 or 3 more times before he dies.

It can be a pain in the ass at first, but once you nail it, you'll have no problem.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/17/06 04:41 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Tony Love:
[b]
quote:
That's a fair statement. After I started playing it, I was hooked. It's one of the only games which took me two days to beat. [/b][/quote]The last levels impossible. [/b][/quote]I beat it in two tries, on the hardest difficulty. After McGruder gets up on the cliff and starts throwing dynamite at you, you have to go into "quick draw" mode. Shoot the dynamite out of the air. Eventually, he'll throw a bundle of dynamite at you. Shoot that before it leaves his hand, or right after it leaves his hand. This will cause the ceiling around him to crumble. You'll have to repeat this process 2 or 3 more times before he dies.

It can be a pain in the ass at first, but once you nail it, you'll have no problem.

I go in to Quick Draw, and as soon as the fat one eyed bastard throws it, my quick draw ends.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/17/06 04:44 PM

Quote:
I go in to Quick Draw, and as soon as the fat one eyed bastard throws it, my quick draw ends.
That's where you have to manage your time well. It's difficult, but watch him get ready to throw it. As soon as it leaves his hand (or a little before), you switch to quick draw, and blast it out of the air. I guess one of the biggest issues is the lack of time available with quick draw.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/01/06 07:40 AM

It's actually turning out a lot better than I expected.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/02/06 09:50 PM

xxx, when did 24 The Game come out? I can actually post in this thread as I'm playing Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (Xbox). Hey man, I loved the movie

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/02/06 09:59 PM

24: The Game came out on Tuesday.

I'm disappointed because I got it on Tuesday, and I beat it yesterday. WAY too short.

But the short time the game lasts is actually fun, a lot better than I ever expected. The driving parts kinda suck, but luckily there aren't too many of them.

The enemy AI is kinda idiotic, but it is in most games anyway, so I can't knock the game for that.

The fire-fights are pretty intense, thanks mostly to the sound. This game may have the best sounding fire fights of any game I've ever played.

The voice acting is top-notch, as well. All the major characters from the series are in the game.

The storyline is classic 24. It takes place in between seasons 2 and 3, and it fills in quite a few gaps.

Overall, I'd give the game a 7 out of 10. Maybe an 8.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/03/06 12:06 AM

Fifa 2005.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/04/06 03:57 AM

Chrono Trigger on my emulator

As well as Resident Evil 4 (ps2) and Call of Duty (xbox)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/04/06 08:46 AM

Man I'm happy and proud of myself. I beat the Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events game in just 3 days

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/06/06 08:08 PM

Xbox - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Posted By: Butters

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/15/06 09:03 PM

Guild Wars.

And in a bout of late 1990s-early 2000 nostalgia, I decided to pick up the all-inclusive Command and Conquer pack. It takes me back quite awhile, I should say.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/19/06 04:53 AM

XBOX - Black
Posted By: Eddie Mozzarella

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/19/06 06:33 AM

GameCube: Eternal Darkness

PS2: I keep going back to GTA: San Andreas to mess around (missions are all finished).
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/19/06 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
XBOX - Black
I had never heard of BLACK, but picked up the t-shirt at EA cuz it had a pic of a machine gun on the front. Couldn't resist. Is it cool? What is it about?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/19/06 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[quote]Originally posted by Irishman12:
[b] XBOX - Black
I had never heard of BLACK, but picked up the t-shirt at EA cuz it had a pic of a machine gun on the front. Couldn't resist. Is it cool? What is it about? [/b][/quote]BLACK can basically be summed up in two words: "gun porn."

IGN.com -- BLACK (PS2, XB)

Awesome game, but a bit too short. No online deathmatch either, which kinda sucks.

As for me, I'm currently playing these:

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/20/06 04:50 AM

Mortal Combat 2, The Tick, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 on my emulator

Soul Caliber 3 on ps2 I <3 Voldo

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/20/06 05:14 AM

Ghost Recon : Advanced Warfighter for 360. I was very unhappy with how 360 games were going until this. Full Auto is also pretty fun.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/20/06 08:43 AM

Quote:
[b]BLACK can basically be summed up in two words: "gun porn."[/b]
Sweeeeet!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/20/06 08:56 AM

Quote:
Ahh, no wonder you're never around any more! :p

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/20/06 09:36 PM

Hopefully by Wednesday;

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/14/06 02:43 AM

I'm playing Brothers in Arms for about the 15th time. It's the single best WWII game I've ever played (even better than it's sequel).
Posted By: DE NIRO'S SISTER

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/16/06 01:30 PM

Doesnt anybody here like the sims 2 or anything like that!!! oh and GRAND THEFT AUTO!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/26/06 05:51 AM

Xbox- The Godfather

OH YEAH!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/26/06 08:03 PM

Oblivion.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/31/06 06:45 AM

AHH! So I FINALLY got to play GF! I was at the store with my roommate, and I mentioned that I wanted it, and the boy we were with said he did too, so she bought it.

I don't think she's even seen the Godfather.

She told me she was going to make me "play with the fishes" :rolleyes:

Anyway, I love the game.. everytime I go to her house I play... it takes a while though because while I'm not there she plays, and she messes everything up. In the one part, where you're at Woltz's and you have to sneak around.. she just ran out in the open. :rolleyes: She has no clue about video games.

I'm gonna have to go out and buy myself the computer version.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/31/06 05:17 PM

I'm leaving right now to get Hitman Blood Money.
Posted By: Don Dallal

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/31/06 06:47 PM

Godfather For The Second Time ..... I Can't Help It I Love This Game....

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/31/06 09:58 PM

Quote:
I'm leaving right now to get Hitman Blood Money.
Lucky you! I've been waiting for this game for AGES...and I can't play it because of my hand...

Be sure to let me know what you think of it!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/01/06 10:46 PM

It's the best Hitman game yet forsure. They made the controls alot easier and the graphics on my 360 are awesome.
Posted By: Zaf-the-don

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/02/06 03:44 PM

Yep Hitman Blood money is awsome.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/02/06 11:27 PM

I gave in...and bought this:

It sucks that I can't play as long as I want to, because of the pain in my hand. But what I've played, I'm loving.

I've been a fan of the Hitman series since Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (the first of the series to appear on home consoles). I highly enjoyed Hitman: Contracts, as well.

This is looking to be the best of the series, judging by what I've played. I love this series because there's really no right or wrong way to take out your target. You can be the silent, stealthy type, or you can go all John Rambo on their asses and run in, guns a blazin'. Its this open-endedness that makes the Hitman series so compelling, and so fun.

While the 360 version is far superior in the graphics department, the versions on the current generation consoles aren't too shabby themselves. Nice textures, great shadow effects. It's definitely a visual treat even on the current gen consoles.

And the rag doll physics. No other game pulls this off better than the Hitman series. You'll have a blast (no pun intended) killing people in this game. Point blank shotgun blast to the gut...and watch them fly backwards, limbs flailing all the while.

Another great feature of the Hitman games is the ability to play through in either a 3rd person perspective, or a 1st person perspective. For me, I usually navigate the environments in 3rd person, and switch over to 1st person when I need to cap some fools. The game controls like a FPS no matter what perspective you use (you move with the left analog stick, aim with the right) (PS2 version). There is no auto-aim.

The developers have also tweaked the controls. The Hitman games have always felt a bit awkward when trying to execute certain moves, but most of those problems have seemingly been fixed (or at least addressed) in Blood Money. There's a "key" in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, displaying the Triangle, Circle, and X buttons (PS2 version, the other versions display their respective buttons). When you reach something you can interact with, (say...there's a gun that you can pick up), it tells you by displaying...say...".45 pistol" beside the corresponding button. Press that button, and you pick up the gun.

You can also hide bodies now. If you take someone out (which you will do rather often), there's usually a dumpster or container nearby. You can drag the body over there, and toss it in.

The notoriety system is pretty neat, as well. At the end of every mission, you're provided with a newspaper article discussing the crime scene. If you were sloppy, and you left witnesses...you're notoriety will raise...and guards will be more likely to recognize your suspect you in later missions. If you pull off a lot of head shots, the article will describe you as a "professional". If you're stealthy (i.e. no guns, only fiber wire, syringes, and using the "environmental kills", the newspaper really won't have any info on you. The notoriety doesn't play a factor on "Rookie" difficulty, though.

This is by no means a review for Hitman: Blood Money. This is just me expressing my love for the series. Blood Money is looking to be the best in the series. Expect my final score in the coming weeks.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/03/06 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO'S SISTER:
Doesnt anybody here like the sims 2 or anything like that!!! oh and GRAND THEFT AUTO!
Yep, i love them both.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/03/06 05:19 PM

I think it's awesome that they tell you if you've been caught on tape at the end of the mission. I alwayds make sure to grab the security tapes if I'm getting the Silent Assasin rank.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/07/06 08:30 PM

I didn't want to make a new thread but these 2 guys went

really out of their way to imitate the game Tekken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83GPDws30F4

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/24/06 05:56 AM

PS2 - MLB 06 The Show

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/24/06 10:43 AM

2006 FIFA World Cup. Ive just managed too win the world cup with Togo

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/06 01:28 PM

• MLB 2K6 (PS2)
  • Mario Party 2 (N64)
  • Jak and Daxter (PS2)
  • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (PS2)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/06 03:37 PM

DJ, how's the Episode III: Revenge of the Sith game? Also, how are you enjoying MLB 06 The Show?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/06 04:23 PM

Episode III is probably the *best* Star Wars game ever made, at least from a gameplay standpoint. It sets the standard for lightsaber battles (yes, besting the PC Jedi Knight games which originated the lightsaber fighting) and uses each characters individual style, from Anakin to Obi-Wan to Dooku to Vader (and more).

The only problem is that its story driven (obviously) for the movie, so the story is linear, although they through in multiplayer/bonus missions that are pretty cool, as well as a great 2-player dual mode, which is really fun.

I'd rate it 5/5.

As far as The Show goes, I don't have it. I bought MLB 2K6, which is a great game, that needs some work around the edges. At the heart though, it is a *good* baseball game, and I'd rate it better than the MVP series, which I had previously bought in the past.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/06 09:00 PM

Thanks for the info on Episode III. I haven't played a Star Wars game for any of the major systems but this one has looked interesting seeing as it's my favorite Star Wars movie. Maybe if I have the time when I get back to Texas and working at Blockbuster I'll check it out. Also, does anyone know the exact release date for the Scarface game?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/06 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Episode III is probably the *best* Star Wars game ever made, at least from a gameplay standpoint.
Better than Knights of the Old Republic, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, and Star Wars Episode I Racer (N64)?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/06 10:46 PM

My favorite (and the best Star Wars game, IMO) is Star Wars: Battlefront II. The single-player game is decent enough...but the online game is KILLER. Not only does it have the great land battles from the previous game...but now there's space battles. Dogfighting with X-Wings, or landing your ship on an enemy freighter and sabotaging it from within...it just doesn't get any better than that!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/06 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] Episode III is probably the *best* Star Wars game ever made, at least from a gameplay standpoint.
Better than Knights of the Old Republic, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, and Star Wars Episode I Racer (N64)? [/b][/quote]Since I'm not a huge fan of RPG's, yes, I'd say better than KOTOR (and I have both of them :p ) and much better than the Epi I racer for the N64, I never cared for that game.

Seriously, if you play this game, it will redefine the future Star Wars games to come. The only thing they should change is the force powers (which can probably be done on the next gen with better physics and fully interactive environments), such as being able to pick up and throw ANY object (not just certain ones).

Still, the force powers in the game are cool, I just wish they were a bit more Jedi Outcast-ish.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/06 11:26 PM

I think the only Star Wars game I've played (other than the actual arcade games) was Epi I racer for the N64

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/06 11:30 PM

I12 - you need to pick up the Jedi Outcast games for the PC (though I think they may have made it to consoles...I know one made it to the GC and the sequel(s) might have hit the X-Box). Also, you can get Knights of the Old Republic, which is cool. Neither are set in the Star Wars time frame of the movies, but that's okay - Outcast (I, II, and III) take place after the fall of the Empire, and KOTOR takes place, well, during the Old Republic.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/26/06 12:15 AM

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/05/06 08:26 PM

Has anybody seen the new Sony add for the new white PSP? I can't belive they got away with making this.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/06/06 12:13 PM

What...the...fuck? How has the NAACP not boycotted Sony yet?

That has to be fake though (I would think). You can see the digital deterioration around the perimeter of the white chick, the poster may be "real" in a sense but the image of the girl and the black guy might have been superimposed ala Photoshop. I really don't know. While its hard to believe that Sony could be this stupid, they are the ones charging $600 for a game console.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/09/06 04:21 AM

Xbox - Max Payne (never played it before)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/10/06 03:16 PM

Pretty sweet game. A LOT better than Enter the Matrix.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/14/06 04:07 AM

Xbox - Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (the first was AWESOME!)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/26/06 11:07 PM

PS2 - Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/27/06 06:13 PM

How'd you like Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Irish?

Besides the fact that it's too short...its one of my favorite videogames from this generation of consoles. The story...dialogue...and the gunplay are all awesome.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/27/06 07:32 PM

Yeah I felt it was shorter than the original. I enjoyed it but I agree with my brother, the first is the best.

Have you played the Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monks? If so, I'm having trouble saving. I don't see a save feature in every level and I don't want to have to keep playing the game for hours-on-end before I can get to another save point.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/27/06 09:14 PM

Sorry, Irish. I haven't played Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, so I can't help you.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/27/06 09:28 PM

That's cool bro, thanks anyways. I'll figure it out
Posted By: scarfacefan

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/13/06 06:06 AM

Marble Blast Gold
Quinn
GTA: LCS

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/16/06 03:43 PM

Championship Manager 2006 on the PC

Its the best Football Game out

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/26/06 12:10 PM

I'm playing Gun again.

I can't get enough of this game. My only problem with it is its too short. But the core game itself is so good...it's worth multiple play throughs. I love it!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/28/06 07:14 PM

Marble Blast Ultra - Xbox 360

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/29/06 01:20 AM

Dead Rising(360)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/29/06 03:05 AM

Two games I'm REALLY looking forward to:

Okami (PS2)

Yakuza (PS2)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/29/06 04:25 AM

I've never heard of Yakuza xxx, how is it? What do you do in it or what's the object of the game?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/29/06 04:30 AM

It hasn't come out yet...but from what I've read...it looks (and sounds) incredible.

Here's all you need to know about it:

Yakuza

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/11/06 06:35 PM

I'm gonna be completely honest here...this may very well be the funnest game I've ever played. You'll feel like a rock star playing this game.

On a scale of 1 to 10...I gotta crank that shit up to 11. Play it. Now.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/11/06 11:05 PM

Saints Row

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/12/06 12:15 AM

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/12/06 06:39 AM

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/30/06 12:22 AM

Doom (the original)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/09/06 04:49 PM

NARUTO clash of the ninja

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/17/06 03:58 PM

Today

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/17/06 04:28 PM

and of course...

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/22/06 07:39 AM

Reservoir Dogs and

both on Playstation 2

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/22/06 07:51 AM

Reservoir Dogs is out in Asia!
Posted By: scarfacefan

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/23/06 06:58 PM

I've been going over my old PSOne games recently. At the mooment I'm playing Crash Team Racing

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/23/06 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: scarfacefan
I've been going over my old PSOne games recently. At the mooment I'm playing Crash Team Racing

WOW, I stopped playing my old ps on the day I bought PS2...
It's nice, remebering the good ol days

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/01/06 04:45 PM

The cool thing about working at a videogame store is that you can pretty much try out any game you want. Here's one that's been taking up some time at work:

Best Splinter Cell yet. Has an almost 24: Season 3 feel to it (Jack Bauer goes under cover, breaks a terrorist out of prison.)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/01/06 04:52 PM

Yes, I'm planning on getting this one soon, I love the Splinter Cell games, I'm just finishing up Chaos Theory.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/01/06 08:10 PM

I just got Final Fantasy XII yesterday, great game, its a lot of work though, much more time consuming than 7 (the best of the series so far). Ive played a few hours, mostly running around figuring out whats going on but its really cool
Posted By: NYC Goodfella

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/01/06 09:05 PM

I am waiting for Socom Combine Assault to come out. I am currently playing both Madden and Scarface on PS2.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/01/06 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: NYC Goodfella
I am waiting for Socom Combine Assault to come out.

Isn't this game exclusively multiplayer, or will it have single-player like the other SOCOM's? Because I thought I read somewhere that it will only be multiplayer this time around, which is a shame, since I don't play online and like the single-player mode.
Posted By: NYC Goodfella

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/01/06 09:16 PM

I think that it is a single palyer game but will also have a 4 player on-line cooperative feature.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/01/06 09:24 PM

Okay, I'll have to check. But I loved the first three games, and can't wait if the next one is indeed SP as well.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/02/06 07:09 PM

Amazon and IGN (and everywhere else I've checked) says the next SOCOM supports 1-16 players...so I think its safe to assume it has a single player campaign.

Actually...after investigating further...I found that SONY released a single player demo of Combined Assault a month or so ago.

I never beat the 1st SOCOM...that stupid mission where you break the guy out of that prison...and then a helicopter comes in and just starts shooting anything that moves (or doesn't move for that matter!)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/05/06 05:19 AM

After tinkering with this game at work for a while...I finally caved in and bought it:

I was pretty skeptical about the whole "double agent" thing actually having an effect on gameplay, but it actually has a profound effect. Balancing your loyalties between Third Echelon and the terrorist group (JBA) is pretty tough. A lot of times, the terrorist leader will order you to kill someone...and then Lambert will come over the radio and tell you to protect that guy. What do you do? If you kill the guy...your trust level in the JBA increases, but the NSA will be none to pleased. If you protect the guy...the JBA may begin suspecting you...and you won't have access to certain equipment during missions (same goes for Third Echelon.)

Right now...I'm stuck on a hotel mission. No weapons...I don't even have my night-vision goggles!

I'll post more as I get further into the game.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/17/06 01:54 AM

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/17/06 11:02 PM

Xbox 360 - Call of Duty 2

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/18/06 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Xbox 360 - Call of Duty 2

This game is so difficult...

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/18/06 04:54 PM

I've also been playing this a lot lately:

I've unlocked everything. Now I'm working on the "GM of the Year" trophy in General Manager mode.

I love the new control scheme. Mapping the moves to the right analog stick was a great idea...and the new "Ultimate Control Moves" add a layer of depth to the game that's been lacking for a long time. Being able to smash your opponent's head into the ring steps and announce tables, picking them up in a vertical suplex, walking over to the ropes and dropping them on the ropes...there's so many great things you can do.

The commentary sucks...and I mean BAD. There are SO many glitches in the commentary. The commentators will start talking about a Superstar who isn't even in the match...and almost EVERY time I hit someone with a chair...J.R. says "There it is...the Stone Cold Stunner!" WTF?!

On more than one occasion...I've chokeslammed someone with Kane or Undertaker...and J.R. says "THE ATOMIC LEGDROP!"

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/21/06 01:52 AM

As I'm sure you know XDCX there have been TONS of complaints about the bugs in that game...at one point i think there was even a lawsuit or a filing with the Better Business Bureau to have them recall the game or give everyone a refund. There are tons of problems with JR calling every move the Atomic Leg Drop and some wrong music I believe as well.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/21/06 03:14 AM

The game definitely shouldn't have been released as is. I don't really have any complaints about the actual gameplay...but the commentary is just downright horrible. I didn't think it would really bother me...I got a few laughs out of it for like the first hour. Then after that...it just became REALLY annoying...and worse still...it becomes distracting.

One other thing I forgot to mention. Sometimes during your ring entrance...it'll show Tony Chimel in the ring announcing...but it'll be Lilian Garcia's voice.

The game definitely could have used another couple of months in development. I have no idea how it passed the alpha and beta testing.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/09/07 04:16 AM

Posted By: DonPacino

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/28/07 07:01 PM

Currently playing, The godfather the games, both scarfaces, rocky balboa and hitman: blood money

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/29/07 11:43 PM

Still CM 2006,the best football managing game on the PC..

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/30/07 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO

Agreed.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/30/07 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: DonPacino

Agreed.

Cool.Another fan of CM,i love it

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/30/07 04:43 PM

Agreed.

Cool.Another fan of CM,i love it

It's a great game in great series.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/31/07 04:22 AM

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/10/07 12:55 AM

I got this for free from the developer. One of the perks of being a Gamestop employee. You get free games from time to time.

Ahoy, mateys!
Posted By: manicmontana

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/12/07 01:31 AM

im currently playing scarface ..although i just finished it recently ...the last level is fuckin hard ...im also just clocked bully..that shit was easy and too fuckin short...also the warriors is a classic game ...can always play that shit..love it
Posted By: plainswalker18

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/20/07 04:12 AM

Metal Gear Online and Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/06/07 03:18 AM

Xbox 360 - Guitar Hero II

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/06/07 12:19 PM

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/06/07 01:09 PM

Crackdown and waiting to play MotorStorm.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/06/07 01:11 PM

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/11/07 02:00 PM

God of War II and Vice City Stories for the PS2...two great games (especially GOW II!).
Posted By: Antihero

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/12/07 11:04 AM

S:T:A:L:K:E:R "Shadow of tjenobyl".

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/12/07 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Snake
God of War II and Vice City Stories for the PS2...two great games (especially GOW II!).

I have Vice City Stories for the PSP. It's amazing what Rockstar Games was able to fit onto a little UMD disc. Both islands of Vice City, the ability to fly helicopters. It is, for all intents and purposes, a full-blown GTA game. And it's awesome!

Glad you're enjoying GOW II, also, Snake. It's hard to believe that Sony could improve on an already near-perfect game. But they pulled it off.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/12/07 03:09 PM

I heartily agree. GOW II is the absolute best PS2 game that's come around in a long time.
Posted By: Dawood Ibrahim

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/13/07 06:13 PM

does anyone bother to tell me how can we get off from the car once we get in in GF game?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/13/07 08:45 PM

You press the same button you used to get into the car.

On the Wii, you press "A" to get into the car, and "A" when you want to get out. If the car is in motion, it will bring it to a halt, and you will get out.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/15/07 05:40 AM

went to play call of duty 2 to clear it out on veteran, that and playing rfactor for the computer.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/15/07 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Double-J
You press the same button you used to get into the car.

On the Wii, you press "A" to get into the car, and "A" when you want to get out. If the car is in motion, it will bring it to a halt, and you will get out.

Dear DJ! I couldn't fully understand your answer. Look i didn't understand what do u mean by Wii? I press "space" to enter into the car but cannot get off by pressing "space". Please help.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/16/07 01:28 AM

Okay - sorry. I have The Godfather for the Nintendo Wii video game system...but it seems you are playing on the PC.

By default - I would think that the button you use to get into the car should let you get out too. You should check the control settings in the game to find out which button corresponds to which command. ;\)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/16/07 09:47 AM

Currently Playing:

Manhunt

pretty spooky game...

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/16/07 02:07 PM

Resistance Fall of Man.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/17/07 08:06 PM

There is not button told in the control settings for how to get in and out of car. Kinldy help all of u.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/18/07 12:55 AM

I am not sure what else to suggest, my friend. I would think that the button to get into the car would be the same one to get out. Somewhere along the lines, your settings may be corrupted. You may want to uninstall the game, and then reinstall, so that the control scheme is reset. Hopefully this can take care of the problem.

Otherwise, your best bet would be to go to that GameFAQ's site I gave you the link to in the other thread, sign up as a member, and post the question on their "The Godfather (PC)" message board. Since they have the PC game, they are better able to help you than I can, since I have the Wii version.
Posted By: ability

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/18/07 02:30 AM

MLB2K7
FIFA07
Godfather

all on 360

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/20/07 07:03 AM

Fallout 2 - A post nuclear Game

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/25/07 03:14 AM

F1 06:CE
Call of Duty 3
both PS3

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/26/07 12:24 PM

Super Paper Mario (Wii)
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (Wii)
MLB '07: The Show (PS2)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/26/07 09:00 PM

Resistance Fall of Man (PS3)
Motorstorm (PS3)
300: March to glory (PSP)
Hitman; Blood Money (360)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/06/07 07:54 AM

Black - XBox (although I'm playing on my 360)

Hey, any 360 owners here shoot me your gamertags on PM so I can add you. Always nice to have other people to play online with \:\)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/08/07 12:39 PM

BLACK is a freakin' awesome game, Paul. Sure, it's kind of shallow, but the feeling of destruction it gives you is second-to-none for a last-gen game. After I get done killing the enemies, I blast the shit out of the environment anyway just for kicks.

Originally Posted By: Antihero
Currently Playing:

Manhunt

pretty spooky game...

Manhunt is probably the sickest and most twisted game I've ever played. Seriously, when I first bought it, I got to the second level and had to turn the game off. I'd never been more disturbed in my life.

I just recently started playing it again. Why am I not as disturbed now as I was before? Is it because I've matured...or is it...some other reason...

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/09/07 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
BLACK is a freakin' awesome game, Paul. Sure, it's kind of shallow, but the feeling of destruction it gives you is second-to-none for a last-gen game. After I get done killing the enemies, I blast the shit out of the environment anyway just for kicks.

Originally Posted By: Antihero
Currently Playing:

Manhunt

pretty spooky game...

Manhunt is probably the sickest and most twisted game I've ever played. Seriously, when I first bought it, I got to the second level and had to turn the game off. I'd never been more disturbed in my life.

I just recently started playing it again. Why am I not as disturbed now as I was before? Is it because I've matured...or is it...some other reason...

well from what i've read, i'll have to check my magazines to see where i saw it, they're making a second manhunt.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/08/07 03:52 PM

NCAA Basketball - SNES
Pilotwings - SNES

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/09/07 06:03 AM

The funnest thing in Pilotwings is the skydiving. Falling all that distance knowing that all you intend to do is let your dude splat on the ground.

The jetpack thing was pretty fun too.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/09/07 03:11 PM

My favorite was probably the light plane. But I'm in Area 4 now and I can't pass it! I got through levels 1-3 no problem, but 4's giving me some trouble And you know, if you screw up on 1 event, you pretty much have to start over

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/12/07 12:36 PM

I just complete the single-player portion of Resistance. Online multiplayer is freakin' awesome. Not a hint of lag or slowdown in sight (considering they host 40-player games.)

Oblivion is a ridiculously deep RPG/adventure game. The graphics are beautiful, and you can choose the path you wish to lead (good guy/bad guy.)

Fight Night: Round 3 looks absolutely outstanding. The character models are so life-like, it's scary. Same great gameplay as the previous two games, with some new punches. Don't expect to land nearly as many haymakers as in Round 2. You gotta work for those power punches.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/29/07 08:22 PM

I haven't played enough of it to provide any kind of definitive perspective...but I will say this: Any video game that implements eating human hearts as a vital gameplay mechanic is an automatic winner in my book!

As for the basics, the graphics and animations are fantastic, superb voice acting and dialog, and gruesomely satisfying action. And I've only played the game for about an hour.

If you've got a PS3 or a 360, and like your games bloody with lots of guns...you can't go wrong!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/03/07 05:48 AM

Xbox 360 - The Bigs
Posted By: DonColletti

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/14/07 09:16 PM

FIFA 07'
GTA SA Multi player (Godfather Server if anyone plays)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/22/07 06:35 AM

Xbox 360 - Guitar Hero II

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/23/07 11:32 AM

Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3)
Formula 1 (PS3)
MLB 07: The Show (PS2)
Wii Sports (Wii)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/24/07 09:08 PM

XDCX, is The Darkness freeroaming?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/25/07 10:55 PM

XDCX, is The Darkness freeroaming?

To an extent. It's not as free as, say, GTA. You're free to explore the environment to your heart's content, but the environments are relatively small, and there's really not much else to do but the story missions (albeit there are a few entertaining side missions to undertake.)

Overall, I enjoyed the game immensely. Incredible graphics (both visually and artistically), top-notch voice acting, and a terrific story (based on the comic book series of the same name.) The Darkness powers are fun to use, and the Darklings add strategy to all the killing.

My complaints are few, but worth mentioning. Overall, the game is relatively short (you can beat it in a weekend), the multiplayer sucks, and sometimes the controls don't react as tightly as you'd like them to.

But for a game with so many great things going for it, it's easy to shove the complaints under the rug. It's a very good game. But it's most definitely not for the faint of heart. There are moments in the game that will shock you, repulse you, but at the same time amaze you.

Overall, I give it a 9/10.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/25/07 11:44 PM

Sounds good. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Thanks XDCX, by the way is there any news on the Smackdown vs Raw 2008 roster?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/05/07 06:23 PM

Tenchu: Return From Darkness
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/29/07 02:51 PM

Madden 07 (Xbox)

Sim City 3000 (PC)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/30/07 07:56 PM

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (PS3)

Warhawk (PS3)

Posted By: Leoneseril

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/02/07 02:21 PM

I play Xbox 360 everyday because i'm in love with it. Now i'm playing Gears of War. I'm online! Find me! Yeah, die you monster!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/13/07 10:07 PM

Picked this up today:

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/23/07 07:06 PM

skate. (PS3) (demo)

I've been a huge fan of the Tony Hawk series for a long time, but the formula has gotten pretty stagnant over the past few years.

I laughed out loud when I heard that EA was coming out with a skateboarding game. Not only a skateboarding game, but a skateboarding sim.

But I've been following it's progress since I first heard about it, and it's peaked my interest.

A demo was just made available on the PlayStation Store, so I downloaded it. And I am addicted.

Whereas the Tony Hawk series is known for it's slap-stick humor and over the top trick combos, skate. is more grounded in reality. You won't be pulling off 100,000+ point combos in this game. Linking a 180º kickflip into a rail grind, followed by a nose manual is an extraordinary feat in this game...and when you finally pull off something even approaching that, you feel awesome.

There's a steep learning curve, but you'll feel a great sense of accomplishment when you pull off something cool.

I've only played the demo. The game is already out on the 360, and it's being released tomorrow for the PS3. I'll definitely be picking it up.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/09/07 01:44 PM

This is the first game I've bought for my PSP in many, many months. Lately, it's been collecting dust.

I've been following this game pretty closely. I was a huge fan of the first 3 games released on the PS1. Omega Strain (PS2) just wasn't all that great (you didn't play as long time series protagonist Gabe Logan. You created your own character. Rougher gameplay.)

Then last year, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror was released for the PSP. It received universal acclaim by critics. So I picked it up. And it was everything the critics said it was, and then some. Great controls, considering the PSP only as one analog "nub." Great plot, PS2-level graphics, and great multi-player. It was the total package.

So naturally, I picked up the sequel, Logan's Shadow. So far, it surpasses it's predecessor in every conceivable way. Fantastic story that could easily come straight out of the Tom Clancy universe. Same great control scheme, with a few new moves. Superb graphics (and the best water the system has ever seen. Seriously, water that looks this good shouldn't be possible on the PSP. But here it is.) And the same great multiplayer.

I'll give my final verdict as soon as I finish. But so far, things are looking up!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/20/07 11:44 PM

Been playing alot of online pool just latley,if that counts

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/22/07 03:41 AM

ZUMA. ;\)

GoodFella

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/06/07 05:10 PM

I traded in a bunch of games at my local GameStop today (they ripped me off, but they're essentially a pawn shop when it comes to trading in used games.)

One of the salesBOYS was a complete dick, but thank God for the other guy. When I asked if they had any copies of COD4: MODERN WARFARE for sale for the PS3, the dickhead salesBOY immediately said no, and unless I had a pre-order, I couldn't get one today.

Well the guy ringing me up asked me what system I wanted it for, and I told him the PS3. He said he was pretty sure they had a copy available for the PS3. Captain Dickface said "No, we don't."

So the dude ringing me up took it upon himself to look it up in the computer, and sure enough, they had a few copies available for the PS3 that weren't already pre-ordered.

So I called Sergeant Dickwad a...er...dickwad, and I got my copy of the game.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/12/07 07:08 PM

I sold all my games for PS3 but I now have:
Call of Duty 4
NFL 08,MLB 2k7- Just got in to these sports (along with basketball and hockey) and I must say I really do like them.
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
Rainbow Six Vegas
The Godfather Dons edition
Fifa 08

Pre-ordered:
Assassians(sp)Creed
Kane and Lynch Dead Men
NBA 2k8

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/12/07 09:45 PM

I'm playing Call of duty and waiting for assasins creed.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/16/07 01:37 PM

Picked these up on Wednesday

I had Assassin's Creed on pre-order, and I picked up K&L:DM when I picked up AC.

Both are pretty freakin' sweet.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/17/07 11:08 AM

Just pre-ordered Uncharted: Drake's fortune.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/17/07 11:36 PM

been playin alot of call of duty 4. played ghost recon and skate alot but since call of duty came out i haven't played much else.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/18/07 12:44 AM

Assassins Creed is amazing - It incredible and i'm loving it, I'll advice people with a PS3 to buy it - Great game.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/20/07 11:58 AM

Just started playing CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 2008 for PC..Awesome

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/28/07 03:45 AM

Xbox - Scarface

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/30/07 03:21 AM

Madden NFL 07
Knockout Kings 2002
Posted By: dmac

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/01/07 12:40 AM

Right now I'm playing The Godfather by EA. Good game, I'm hoping to get a ps3 in a few months. Is the godfather better on ps3 or xbox? I am really frustrated on which one to get.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/26/07 03:30 AM

I'm going to be picking up my Elite tomorrow, so I soon shall be enjoying Forza and ESPN NFL 2k5 in all it's glory! \:D

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/31/07 08:47 AM

Madden 08
Mario Kart
Super Mario Bros
Pirates of the Carribean

all for DS

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/29/08 03:33 PM

Some random thoughts and opinions on some of the games I've played over the past few months.

-- The biggest disappointment of the entire year was ASSASSIN'S CREED. How can a game that got so many things right get so many MORE things wrong. The parkour-style free running is amazing and incredibly rewarding. The combat system is top-notch, with a slower, timing based feel to the swordplay. And the graphics are truly a sight to behold, both from an artistic standpoint and a technical standpoint. The animations are truly life like.

Then there's the story, which, quite frankly sucks. The whole sci-fi swerve could have worked brilliantly, but they decide to spoil it in the first 5 minutes. They could have salvaged it, but they chose to end the game with the worst cliffhanger in history. After 40+ hours of repetitive gameplay, they cut you off without warning.

More on that repetitive gameplay. Each of the assassinations consists of two parts; an investigation and the actual assassination. The investigating is fun the first...oh...two times. But when you find that you have to conduct the same fucking eavesdropping and flag fetching and pick pocketing missions for EVERY assassination, with absolutely NO deviation...well, you get my point.

So instead of being the ground-breaking experience it should have been, ASSASSIN'S CREED is hampered by repetitive gameplay and a botched story. I really can't recommend it. I give it a 6/10.

-- The best game of '07, by far, was CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE. The single player campaign was fantastic, but I've spent most of my time playing online. The online multiplayer is the most rewarding online experience out there. Not even HALO 3 comes close. And no, that's not a bold statement. It's merely a fact.

-- I've also been putting in some serious time with BURNOUT: PARADISE. Seriously, if you have a PS3 or 360, pick it up (along with COD4).
Posted By: ap_capone48101

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/29/08 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
Some random thoughts and opinions on some of the games I've played over the past few months.

-- The biggest disappointment of the entire year was ASSASSIN'S CREED. How can a game that got so many things right get so many MORE things wrong. The parkour-style free running is amazing and incredibly rewarding. The combat system is top-notch, with a slower, timing based feel to the swordplay. And the graphics are truly a sight to behold, both from an artistic standpoint and a technical standpoint. The animations are truly life like.

Then there's the story, which, quite frankly sucks. The whole sci-fi swerve could have worked brilliantly, but they decide to spoil it in the first 5 minutes. They could have salvaged it, but they chose to end the game with the worst cliffhanger in history. After 40+ hours of repetitive gameplay, they cut you off without warning.

More on that repetitive gameplay. Each of the assassinations consists of two parts; an investigation and the actual assassination. The investigating is fun the first...oh...two times. But when you find that you have to conduct the same fucking eavesdropping and flag fetching and pick pocketing missions for EVERY assassination, with absolutely NO deviation...well, you get my point.

So instead of being the ground-breaking experience it should have been, ASSASSIN'S CREED is hampered by repetitive gameplay and a botched story. I really can't recommend it. I give it a 6/10.

-- The best game of '07, by far, was CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE. The single player campaign was fantastic, but I've spent most of my time playing online. The online multiplayer is the most rewarding online experience out there. Not even HALO 3 comes close. And no, that's not a bold statement. It's merely a fact.

-- I've also been putting in some serious time with BURNOUT: PARADISE. Seriously, if you have a PS3 or 360, pick it up (along with COD4).
+1

The only *little* problem I have with CoD4 if that the single player game was too short. But the online more than makes up for the shortness. And yes, the mutliplayer is great. I could play online for hours on end.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/01/08 02:58 PM

True, COD4's single player campaign was short, but it pulled no punches. It wasn't afraid to show the ugly side of war, and it showed that victory can come with a steep price. The story was brilliant, and made even better by the near photo-realistic graphics. This is a game that begs to be played on an HDTV.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/10/08 03:34 AM

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy VI (originally Final Fantasy III in the U.S.) on my Game Boy Advance. It's one of those games I watched my brothers play over and over but never got around to it myself. Now that it's on the GBA I can play it a little each day during my lunch break.

I love those early RPG's before they started adding in all the story movie sequences that pretty much just showed off how incredible the new graphics have become.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/11/08 03:08 PM

COD4 is incredible, definitly the multiplayer, everytime i use a different gun it feels like a new experience, great game and easily the best game of 2007 (on PS3).

Asssasins creed was good first time around but i havent touched for a long time because of COD4. Nevertheless it was a good game IMO even though it feels hollow near the end.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/15/08 12:57 AM

xbox
NFL 2K5

Nintendo DS
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Madden 08

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/28/08 09:20 PM

xbox
NHL 2K...6?

Nintendo DS
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
WSOP 08
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/29/08 12:10 PM

Currently watching my eldest boy play a wrestling game on his DS.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/29/08 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Currently watching my eldest boy play a wrestling game on his DS.

Waiting for your turn? \:p
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/01/08 08:49 AM

\:\)

It'll be a long wait.....

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/07/08 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
\:\)

It'll be a long wait.....

What game was it and is it any good?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/16/08 10:24 PM

Currently playing;

Halo 3
COD 4
Uncharted
Mass Effect
NBA 2k8
Fifa 08

Waiting for GTA IV \:D

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/17/08 08:21 PM

VERRRRRRRY creepy game. Creepy, but awesome.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/22/09 12:43 PM

LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, and WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2009 are currently occupying my time.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/22/09 10:25 PM

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/17/09 05:26 AM

Posted By: watchthetapes

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/19/09 08:03 PM

Resident Evil 5 on Xbox 360. Pretty good, dont think its quite as good as RE4 on the Gamecube was though.
Posted By: The_Don_Is_Dead

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/05/09 12:15 PM

The Godfather (Xbox 360) pretty much finished the main story up to underboss status.
Mafia (PS2) Last mission.
and GTA San Andreas (PC) just playing around with mods.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/12/09 03:25 AM

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005

for DS

I hate golf but this game is addicting.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/13/09 12:29 AM

Guitar Hero World Tour - Wii

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/13/09 07:40 PM

Hell YES Easter Bunny

It's like GTA 1 and 2 but a billion times better. It really kind of stretches the possibilities of DS games because the city is pretty big and the gameplay is awesome. I guess the drug dealing aspect is pretty deep and there are mini games to play. I haven't done that much yet but I'd say this will waste so much of my time....
Posted By: The_Don_Is_Dead

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/14/09 09:04 AM

Right now i am playing:

The Godfather 2 (Xbox 360) Just finished the hearings mission.
GTA San Andreas (PC) same as before playing with mods and making machinima.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/13/09 06:20 AM

DS:

GTA: Chinatown Wars
Mario Kart

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/20/09 01:17 AM

Punch-Out!! - Wii

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/20/09 03:07 AM

This game is a MUST for all Wrestling fans

can't wait for sims 3 so started playing this again tongue

i played this one long time ago but never had the chance to finish it, i think it's one of the best game ever released on GBA. I got this cool cell phone application called vBag, it lets you play GBA games on your cell phone! tongue
Posted By: Alive4Kill

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/24/09 08:10 PM

Im playing Mafia(PC) GTA San Andreas(PC) and Diablo2 (pc-Battlenet)

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/27/09 03:22 PM

Fight Night Round 4

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/27/09 10:34 PM

How is it Freddie C? Do they make it for the Wii as well or no?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/02/09 03:28 PM

I like it a lot. I don't buy many video games (the last one before this was Call of Duty Modern Warfare), but I'm a big boxing fan and I've been looking forward to getting Fight Night for a while. There are tons of real boxers, past and present, the create a fighter is very detailed, and the career mode is very realistic (you even start off as an amateur). It's a great game to play with a friend since it truly is one on one (unlike football, etc).

I think it's only out for playstation and xbox.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/09/09 05:18 AM

"Fight Night Round 4" on Wii would be so AWESOME!

These are the games I'm playing now...

Finally got my hands on God of War: Chains of Olympus, didn't finish it yet but so far it's GREAT!

I reinstalled Elders Scrolls Oblivion again, one of the best games I ever played. I'm considering getting the Shivering Isles expansion, I'm a little disappointed with the Knights of the Nine expansion.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/15/09 12:55 AM

I haven't played my Wii in months but I had to pick this up last week

Re: Currently Playing...? - 09/20/09 06:52 PM

Does Heroes of Might and Magic 2 also count? A bit old, but so nice.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/12/09 05:50 AM

My cousin brought his classic Nintendo set to my dorm, along with the games we used to play as kids! Mario 1-3, Dr. Mario, Excitebike, Paperboy, and many others. And yes, we even had to blow on the cartridges to get them to work! lol

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/13/09 03:50 AM

Nintendo and Super Nintendo are still the most "fun" in my opinion!
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/14/09 03:01 AM

Madden 2010 for 360 is nice. Getting NBC 2K10 soon.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/20/10 01:47 AM

A few games I've been playing recently:

ASSASSIN'S CREED 2: A thousand times better than it's mediocre predecessor. Much more variety, improved controls and graphics, a much more likeable lead character, and a more interesting setting (Renaissance-era Italy.) The game takes some liberties with history, implementing real events into the story (like in the last game, the assassin you control is responsible for the deaths of many historical figures.) I definitely recommend to fans of the first game, and even to those who didn't really care for the first game (like me).

BRUTAL LEGEND: A headbanger's dream come true. This game plays homage to heavy metal (while making fun of it at the same time. The game is kind of on the short side, but the stregic gameplay is solid, the art style is great, and it is downright hilarious. Recommended for heavy metal fans.

UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES: Another game that is better than the first game, and in this case, the first game was downright amazing. UNCHARTED 2 follows the exploits of Nathan Drake, a direct descendent of Sir Francis Drake (the first game, DRAKE’S FORTUNE, tells the tale of Nathan Drake searching for El Dorado, using the journals of Sir Francis.) UNCHARTED 2 takes place not long after the first game ends, and it involved Nathan Drake searching for Marco Polo’s lost fleet. Reading through Marco’s journals, Drake learns that Marco Polo may have discovered Shambhala (Shangri-La) and the Cintamani Stone. Like the first game, this one is action-packed with tons of adventure and exploration. The graphics are even better than in DRAKE’S FORTUNE, which is a feat unto itself. There is also an addictive multiplayer mode that, in some ways, is even better than that of MODERN WARFARE 2. If you own a PS3, you owe it to yourself to pick up UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/13/10 05:59 PM

I've just returned to Fallout 3 on the 360. I'm not far into it - just discovered Jefferson Memorial Museum, which is rampant with Super Mutants - and the game itself wasn't an immediate grabber, but I'm slowly getting into it now.

Anybody else played it?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/14/10 10:00 PM

Half the fun in Fallout 3 is doing all the crazy side quests. I tried to save the story missions for last because the main story is short.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/29/10 07:18 AM

awesome game!
Posted By: Lovecraft

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/29/10 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Freddie C.
Fight Night Round 4

Just picked this up at eb games the other day for like 9 dollars. Wasn't very impressed, all you do is mash the same 5 buttons for ten rounds...

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/04/11 07:54 PM

As mentioned in the other thread, I played through MAFIA II and quite enjoyed it. The ending was kind of abrupt and sucky (although fitting for the subject matter), and there are some quirks here and there that pop up (having to drive ALL the way back to my safehouse at the end of EVERY mission, the occasional menial task that push the story forward, but are boring nonetheless), but none of these things, for me, really detract from the overall experience. Great graphics, great story, great controls. A solid 9/10.

I also FINALLY got around the playing BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM (GOTY Edition). Starting out, I thought it kind of sucked, but that was mostly due to the fact that I just didn't know what the hell I was doing. As soon as I got into the flow of the combat and silent stalking, however, the game was golden. This is the first Batman game I've ever played that made me feel like a complete bad ass, the way you are SUPPOSED to feel when playing as Batman. I love the Challenge Rooms, and the hidden easter eggs serve as fantastic fan service for longtime Batman fans. I loved it. 10/10

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/08/11 11:42 PM

Seems I won't be playing ANYTHING for a good long while. My PS3 just gave me the dreaded "yellow light of death" (complete system failure).

This happened to me a couple years ago. My original PS3 was out of warranty, so I had to spend $130 for them to repair it, which they couldn't do apparently, so they sent me a refurbished system.

Fast-forward to TODAY, and my refurbished system just succumbed to the yellow light. And what does Sony want? They want yet ANOTHER $130 to repair it, or $100 to send me a brand new system.

Fuck Sony Computer Entertainment America.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/15/11 05:26 AM

Recommending GRAND THEFT AUTO IV to all of you crime buffs. Features the psychology of crime, a re-enactment of the Russian Mob's play for power in New York City a few years ago,and one of the most beautiful speeches I've heard in my whole life. If you like the storyline, try the Lost and Damned biker add-on. Skip the other. Mafia 2 was a bit of a disappointment for me. Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKbUggw15cc#t=3m55s
Posted By: baocai

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/31/11 02:04 AM

I really agree. GOW II is the absolute best PS2 game that's come around in a long time. ....SPAM REMOVED - SC

Re: Currently Playing...? - 10/26/11 10:36 PM

I recently finished playing through L.A. NOIRE. Definitely different from most of the stuff Rockstar Games produces. The story is completely linear, there aren't any side missions (besides the radio calls you can answer) and you can't run around all willy nilly, popping caps in hookers and drug dealers. You're an LAPD detective, after all.

I love the GTA games, and RED DEAD REDEMPTION may very well be my favorite game of this console generation. But despite the differences L.A. NOIRE has with these games, I absolutely loved it. Great noir story, fantastic acting (yes, acting, with REAL actors), great graphics and music...everything about the game reeks of quality. The facial animations are the best in the business, and are key to the detective work involved in the game. There is also great use of real L.A. history, including the Black Dahlia murder. Read a real review if you want specifics on the game (because I'm too lazy to repeat them here), but suffice it to say, if you're into crime/detective dramas, there's no better game out there right now.
Posted By: AlexDen

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/04/12 11:22 AM

Right now i am playing mafia 2 game. I love this game and have completed this game 2 time.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/06/12 09:55 PM

Picked up BULLETSTORM from Target for only 13 bucks. Great bargain for a great (and underrated) game!
Posted By: PaulWilson

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/15/12 07:38 AM

Right now i am playing call of duty blacks ops game. I have played this game 2 time.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/23/12 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Recommending GRAND THEFT AUTO IV to all of you crime buffs. Features the psychology of crime, a re-enactment of the Russian Mob's play for power in New York City a few years ago,and one of the most beautiful speeches I've heard in my whole life. If you like the storyline, try the Lost and Damned biker add-on. Skip the other. Mafia 2 was a bit of a disappointment for me. Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKbUggw15cc#t=3m55s

Yep, GTA IV is very cool and I feel is kind of an offshoot of real life LCN. In many ways, the crime family that you constantly work with in the game is the DeCavalcante crime family from NJ.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 03/23/12 10:46 PM

Right now I have been playing an offshot of The Oregon Trail for Android called Oregon Settler. This game is free and EXTREMELY addicting, just a warning. Damm these free addicting smartphone games!!!
Posted By: paddy78

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/01/12 03:41 PM

im playing bf3 nhl13 and sadly moh warfighter which im very let down by. it was rushed out to sale and needs work severely.
Posted By: short841

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/05/12 10:12 PM

Only one game out there - Fifa 13
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/07/12 04:41 AM

halo 4

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/07/12 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
halo 4

How's halo4?
As good as the previous games in the series?

Been playing Borderlands 2 for some time, fun game

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/08/12 02:17 AM

its really good. has a halo 3 feel to it

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/09/12 04:52 AM

Resident Evil 6...already completed the 4 campaigns with one character, now to go through and finish them with their partners characters.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/27/12 09:46 PM

Just got the new Assassin's Creed game, pretty kick ass.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/28/12 12:52 AM

dishonored

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/29/12 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
Resident Evil 6...already completed the 4 campaigns with one character, now to go through and finish them with their partners characters.

i havent played a resident evil since resident evil nemesis for playstation

my gf has this (shes an occasionally gamer lol),ive played it a little bit as well, its good but not some freaking great thing like everybody is making it out to be imo

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/30/12 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

i havent played a resident evil since resident evil nemesis for playstation

my gf has this (shes an occasionally gamer lol),ive played it a little bit as well, its good but not some freaking great thing like everybody is making it out to be imo
The beginning of it is slow, but once it picks up its a really kick ass game, then agian, i've played them all so. As far as resident evil goes i have directors cut of 1 on ps1, 0, 1 remake, 2, 3, 4 on gamecube, 5, 6, ORC on xbox and code veronica on both ps2 and the xbox arcade.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/30/12 08:20 PM

^^^yep, everybody says the beginning is slow. I am probably like 30% through the game as of now. I give it a solid 8/8.5 out of 10.

Resident Evil was always a great game. I wish they would bring back Dino Crisis (i luved the original for PS1).

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/30/12 10:43 PM

^^^yep, everybody says the beginning is slow. I am probably like 30% through the game as of now. I give it a solid 8/8.5 out of 10.

Resident Evil was always a great game. I wish they would bring back Dino Crisis (i luved the original for PS1).

Yea it picks up once you start connor's stuff around segment 4 or 5. Dino crisis was good up until 3, then it went downhill.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/31/12 03:20 AM

Yea it picks up once you start connor's stuff around segment 4 or 5. Dino crisis was good up until 3, then it went downhill.

yeah im in segment 5/6 now, ive done all the hunting stuff with the indian kid.

i didnt even know there was a dino crisis 3 (just looked it up), i never got to play part 2 by that point i largely grew out of spending money on video games.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/31/12 09:23 AM

yeah im in segment 5/6 now, ive done all the hunting stuff with the indian kid.

i didnt even know there was a dino crisis 3 (just looked it up), i never got to play part 2 by that point i largely grew out of spending money on video games.
I just finished the main story yesterday. 5 and 6 are still sort of slow, but it does pick up, and you can captain a ship and do sea battles which is pretty cool. towards the end it gets chaotic and if you played any of the others all the way through and know the story, theres a big plot twist. as far as DC3 goes, yea if i remember right it was in space, 2 was alright but nothing beats the first one, which is why i have it on my ps3 hard drive.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/31/12 11:13 PM

^^^i havent played any of the prior Assassin's Creed. Looking forward to it picking up. Dino Crisis one is one of my favorites. But my favorite game was Metal Gear Solid for PS1. Great game/story still even today. I am a big MGS buff.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/31/12 11:35 PM

^^^i havent played any of the prior Assassin's Creed. Looking forward to it picking up. Dino Crisis one is one of my favorites. But my favorite game was Metal Gear Solid for PS1. Great game/story still even today. I am a big MGS buff.
Didn't care much for the original MGS, I do have MGS2 and 3 on the xbox arcade, had them for ps2 too. The original dino crisis was really good. thats what i liked about DC and the original REs, the fact they used the element of suprise to scare you instead of the predictability thats there now.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/30/13 04:22 AM

I finished assasins creed 3 a few wks back, it was very enjoyable i give it a solid 8.5/10 it got much better as the game went on you were right. the story can get a little wacky for some who arent familiar with the first two (like me) but it was good.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/30/13 04:05 PM

NCAA FB 09.... Im a beast with Tim Tebow..

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/30/13 09:42 PM

Black ops 2

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/31/13 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Black ops 2
Same here though there isnt much left for me to do on multiplayer and i beat the campaign.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Currently Playing...? - 01/31/13 03:12 AM

Honestly i only ever play games if im stoned
Posted By: Anika

Re: Currently Playing...? - 02/05/13 06:11 AM

Posted By: VanillaLimeCoke

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/09/13 04:37 PM

Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS and am very poor at it. Getting like 1 and 2 star ratings. Only once have I gotten a 3 star rating, and I'm about halfway through.

Other people are getting 25% more treasure and finishing stages 50% faster than me. I take like 30 minutes per stage.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/10/13 12:38 AM

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation just started it.
Posted By: MikeMoon

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/16/13 07:08 AM

I think this is A place where I can get some suggestion about online gaming, Actually I didn't play any game yet now but Now I have make my mind to play because I read that there are many benefits of playing game for the children too. so please suggest me a game and website for playing any game.
Posted By: Jimmy_The_Gent321

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/06/13 08:30 PM

Fallout New Vegas (PC)
Godfather (PC)
GTA San Andreas (PC)
GTA Vice City (PC)
Posted By: paddy78

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/09/13 10:34 PM

im back into cod
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/11/13 04:46 PM

FIFA 13, bitches!

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/13/13 01:09 AM

State of Decay has taken up my time lately. Its a pretty kick ass zombie apocalypse game that right now is only available on xbox arcade, but is supposed to be coming out on PC as well. Its sold pretty good, selling about 270k copies within 2 days of release even though it had no advertising to speak of. Its being used as a test bed for the developer to create an MMO zombie apocalypse game.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/13/13 03:46 AM

State of Decay has taken up my time lately. Its a pretty kick ass zombie apocalypse game that right now is only available on xbox arcade, but is supposed to be coming out on PC as well. Its sold pretty good, selling about 270k copies within 2 days of release even though it had no advertising to speak of. Its being used as a test bed for the developer to create an MMO zombie apocalypse game.

How's the roastbeef been?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/12/13 06:42 PM

Finished up Mass Effect 1, now working on 2 before moving onto the third one, suprised at how good of a game it is.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 07/12/13 06:51 PM

Last of us. Game of the year.
Posted By: kesha

Re: Currently Playing...? - 11/28/13 07:47 AM

Let me see..
WoW, FFXIV..
basiclly games list on
www.live4mmo.com

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/09/14 06:41 PM

There was a sale on PSN last weekend in which a handful of full PS3 games were on sale for $4.99, so I downloaded this.

This is about as close as one can get to a video game version of APOCALYPSE NOW. The game takes place in modern day Dubai, but it follows the scripts of Coppola's masterpiece almost to the "T". A decorated Colonel who has gone rogue; the journalist sent to report on the situation only to become sympathetic to the Colonel's cause...it seems almost like a blatant rip-off...but it works.

SPEC OPS takes the conventions found in modern shooters and turns them on their heads. It shows how ridiculous war shooters have become. When playing one of the dozens of shooters on the market, the player thinks nothing about carpet bombing an enemy's position. But imagine having to walk through the devastation that you just unleashed. Imagine seeing the result of your indiscriminate killing. That's what SPEC OPS: THE LINE is all about. There are no heroes. There are no good guys or bad guys. It is basically a series of reactions to horrible situations. And at times, it is quite disturbing.

It's one of the most brilliant gaming experiences I have ever had.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/14/14 12:51 AM

batman origins for Xbox loved this game great HD graphics cool characters great storyline going back years to show you how batman started first introduction of joker too and how they meet, love how black mask is top crime kingpin in this game
Posted By: klugoaj

Re: Currently Playing...? - 08/28/14 08:43 AM

Deze laarzen featured in de advertentie met de Braziliaanse ster Ronaldo, waar hij reinacted een heleboel Nike Air Max 1 Dames Goedkoop zijn verleden doelen, die hij scoorde dragen de beroemde Mercurial damp laarzen.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/29/15 07:34 PM

Alien isolation on PC
Posted By: Immortale

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/28/17 08:45 AM

SAMP
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Currently Playing...? - 12/30/17 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Immortale
SAMP

Hey so i guess that you also wish for a gta game with the LCN involved right ??
Posted By: Strax

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/07/18 12:28 AM

Battlefield 1 multiplayer for past year,before that played Fallout 4 and Witcher 3(one of best games ever made imo). I want to check out Assassins Creed Origin too.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 04/07/18 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Strax
Battlefield 1 multiplayer for past year,before that played Fallout 4 and Witcher 3(one of best games ever made imo). I want to check out Assassins Creed Origin too.

i heard that the origin is good i might check it out
so if you play it please share how is it
thanks.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 05/13/18 06:20 AM

star wars battlefront
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/10/18 02:30 AM

I've been binging on Star Wars Battlefront for several weeks now. The game is nearly perfect. It has two flaws:

1. It gives those who shoot first early in the game speed/health/damage bonuses, including their entire team.

2. There are cheaters who use software to kill everyone and ruin the game.

Other than that I have concluded that the graphics are soooo good, that it has to be a cut and paste of real photography, and not artwork. Somehow they must take a picture or video of something and digitally make it 3D.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/10/18 10:13 AM

alfa do you play 2 or 1 ?
i have 1 i love it !
i will buy 2 in future so i can have the clones and rey

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/11/18 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
alfa do you play 2 or 1 ?
i have 1 i love it !
i will buy 2 in future so i can have the clones and rey

I have both. One is superior. Playing it right now on a brand new straight out the box 43 inch TLC HDTV. The game destroyed my old Digital Lifestyles LCD tv smile

I think you will agree, this goes beyond being a video game. It's too realistic. I'm convinced more and more that the developers must've cut and pasted moving video of water, trees, and fire and represented it in 3D digitally. I can't believe the graphics are artwork. It's too good.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/11/18 12:15 AM

who is your favorite hero ?
mine is luke smile his speed and jumping are amazing !

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/11/18 01:00 AM

who is your favorite hero ?
mine is luke smile his speed and jumping are amazing !

That's a hard one. But to tell you the truth, it dropped my jaw to see the purple force lightning of the Emperor. When you see the Emperor in action, controlled by a player that really knows how to use that character, it's a sight to behold.

They could have gone much further in the quotes used by the characters in-game.

Vader's got some cool ones:

This will cut you down! (saber throw)
Join me or die.

and a few others.

They could have used:

You should not have come back (to Obi Wan in a New Hope).
Impressive, most impressive.
Give yourself, to the darkside.

They could have gone crazy with it, and that's just Vader.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/11/18 09:46 AM

that's true, battlefront is such a great game !
what more games do you play ?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/11/18 02:26 PM

alfa do you play strategy games like aoe ?

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/18 12:42 PM

that's true, battlefront is such a great game !
what more games do you play ?

Actually the only other game I have dabbled in.....is Battlefront II. It's not as good as the first one IMHO.

I expect to branch out, but I haven't yet gain sufficient mastery in the first game yet.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/18 12:43 PM

Don't even know what that is smile

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/18 04:50 PM

Did you.play red dead ?
Soon no 2 will be out...

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/18 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo

Don't even know what that is smile

aoe is age of empire
check this out great game i love it !
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/18 06:54 PM

I've been playing MLB18 on the ps4. Once football season starts I'll dust off the ps3 and play my NCAA Football 11 too.

Re: Currently Playing...? - 06/25/18 07:37 PM

dixie what more games are you playing on the ps 4 ?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET