Home

'Grand Theft Auto' Makers Seek to Dismiss $246 Million Suit

Posted By: SF007

'Grand Theft Auto' Makers Seek to Dismiss $246 Million Suit - 11/11/03 05:00 PM

For more info:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,102731,00.html

Posted By: Patrick

Re: 'Grand Theft Auto' Makers Seek to Dismiss $246 Million Suit - 11/11/03 08:34 PM

Some people are doing everything for money these days. Ratings are put on games for a reason. I think the only people they could sue would be where they got it (Wal-Mart) and that's only if they went in there by themselves and got it. When I got Vice City and GTA III, my mom or dad had to be with me. So unless these kids were alone when they bought the game, then no one should be sued. -Pat
Posted By: joltinjoe05

Re: 'Grand Theft Auto' Makers Seek to Dismiss $246 Million Suit - 11/12/03 02:12 AM

those dumbass kids should be fried to a crisp in the chair.
Posted By: Good Guy

Re: 'Grand Theft Auto' Makers Seek to Dismiss $246 Million Suit - 11/12/03 10:38 PM

i bought that game and it hasnt influenced me to do some stupid shit like that. people these days dont know who else to blame and parents should be more aware of the product they are purchasing for their child.

stupid kids
Posted By: Disaffected

Re: 'Grand Theft Auto' Makers Seek to Dismiss $246 Million Suit - 11/22/03 07:24 PM

It's bullshit! I hate how any type of violence these days seems to be the fault of some outside source. Such as GTA in this case, in other cases WWE, and different rock groups. It's retarded.
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: 'Grand Theft Auto' Makers Seek to Dismiss $246 Million Suit - 11/22/03 11:10 PM

yeah, what bs. It's wrong to sue the makers of the game based on the kid's actions and also from last year when I took a justice and law course, I don't remember any law that the game makers are breaking or how the parents even have a case against them.
Posted By: Blake

Re: 'Grand Theft Auto' Makers Seek to Dismiss $246 Million Suit - 11/23/03 12:43 AM

They should sue themselves for being so stupid. I remember a few years ago when power rangers were popular, this same thing was going on cuz a bunch of kids started killing eachother while they were fighting, just like on the show.
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: 'Grand Theft Auto' Makers Seek to Dismiss $246 Million Suit - 11/28/03 03:51 AM

I'm working at Toys R Us again and in the briefing they were telling me that you can't sell a MA rated game to anyone under 25! Can you believe that?!! A video game?!

You can legally buy alcohol and buy cigarrettes and even buy fire arms before the age of 25, but you can't buy a video game. Now as to how effectively this will be followed, that's another story. I don't see it happening.

(PS: This is my first post in a few months!!)
Posted By: Double-J

Re: 'Grand Theft Auto' Makers Seek to Dismiss $246 Million Suit - 11/28/03 04:07 AM

I find that games like GTA are actually stress-relieving in some instances.

This material does contain quite explicit material. However, those who are old enough (as per the ratings board, 17+) should be freely able to purchase and view the media.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET