Home

Grand Theft Auto

Posted By: alpacinofan

Grand Theft Auto - 09/07/03 06:02 AM

I am currently writing a script to it for the movie. I've completed 50 pages of it so far and I am really dedicated to putting it out to the public soon. I am itching to have Edward Norton in the lead role, his performances in movies are priceless.
Posted By: Craig David

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/08/03 07:51 AM

Are jou for real mang?

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/09/03 05:59 AM

Craig, I'm definitely for real.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/09/03 07:40 PM

What Other Films you've done?
Posted By: Dead Ohio Sky

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 02:19 AM

Will the story be based on one of the games, a combination of all of the games, or a new story all together?
Posted By: PappaGiorgio

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by alpacinofan:
I am currently writing a script to it for the movie. I've completed 50 pages of it so far and I am really dedicated to putting it out to the public soon. I am itching to have Edward Norton in the lead role, his performances in movies are priceless.
How are you going to get Ed Norton to be in your movie? BTW, what studio are you working for?
Posted By: Blake

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 03:24 AM

If you actually are writing this movie be true to grand theft auto cuz I read that the maker of gta wanted to do a movie for year but now that gta3 and vice city came out there afraid there going to ruin it.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 06:21 AM

I am 18-years old. I will enroll in a film school soon. I am really dedicated to this project and for those of you who have faith in me, God bless you. It will be just like the 3rd one, it is violent, foul-mouthed, riveting, and everything in between. Although, Edward Norton is my MAIN character pick, here are other actors in my DREAM CAST:
Edward Norton as The Gunman
DMX,50 Cent,or Micheal Jai White as 8-Ball
Al Pacino as Salvatore Leone
Scott Caan or Giovanni Ribisi as Joey Leone
James Gandolfini or Micheal Madsen as Tony Cipriani
Micheal Imperioli as Luigi Gotterelli
Brittany Murphy or Molly Ringwald as Maria
Lucy Liu as Asuka Kasen
Chui Hui Liu or Sonny Chiba as Kenji Kasen
Harvey Keitel as Ray Machowski
Robert DeNiro or Andy Garcia as Donald Love
Michelle Rodriguez as Catalina

This is a movie about Lyle Douglas, or The Gunman if you will. He is betrayed by Catalina and almost got a life sentencing in prison, until he breaks out with 8-Ball. He learns the trades of the mafia,yakuza, and even crooked cops, and businessmen alike but he is in search of Catalina for the $2 million she "took" from him. I will not give away any lines nor the ending because that would be just like every other movie business out there. This will be an exciting, fresh, cult-classic type of a movie. My family, friends, and writing teachers all love it so far, and I feel you will love it too whenever it hits theatres.
WRITER JOSH C. HALL, REMEMBER THE NAME!
I also have 3 other movies I'll write once this baby gets put in the crib.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 11:52 AM

Too bad Michael V. Gazzo is dead, as I think he would have made a great Salvatore.

Good luck with the movie, Josh.

What will your other 3 movies be about? Or do you not have those planned out yet?

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 06:49 PM

DOS, before I put GTA out, I will put out an indie film first. It is entitled, "Bus Hounds".
It takes place in Miami. It also takes place on a bus, too. It is like a mix of Clerks and Pulp Fiction. 5 stories will take place on the bus, which involve some interesting characters, ranging from bank thiefs to war veterans. The next 2 are untitled, one is a cult western and the other is the next GTA.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 08:16 PM

No offence, but I think you need to do something creative, making something that is based on GTA is unoriginal and is overdone.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 08:57 PM

Look, Vercetti. Tomb Raider and Resident Evill al came out after the game and they didn't do bad in the box office, did they? I feel making GTA into a movie would change every aspect of what people think of video games. Besides, I'm going to put "Bus Hounds" out first.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 09:23 PM

Quote:
Look, Vercetti. Tomb Raider and Resident Evill al came out after the game and they didn't do bad in the box office, did they? I feel making GTA into a movie would change every aspect of what people think of video games. Besides, I'm going to put "Bus Hounds" out first.
Actualy Tomb Raider Bombded...

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 10:04 PM

Oh, well Mike I'll replace TR with Super Mario Bros.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 10:38 PM

Quote:
DOS, before I put GTA out, I will put out an indie film first. It is entitled, "Bus Hounds".
It takes place in Miami. It also takes place on a bus, too. It is like a mix of Clerks and Pulp Fiction. 5 stories will take place on the bus, which involve some interesting characters, ranging from bank thiefs to war veterans. The next 2 are untitled, one is a cult western and the other is the next GTA.
A mix of Pulp Fiction and Clerks? Sounds interesting.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/10/03 10:51 PM

This indie film will have some of my old high school friends in it. I'll cast myself in it as well, yet I don't know what role I'll be in, just yet.
Posted By: Bogus Castellano

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/11/03 12:09 AM

Sounds exciting. Best luck to ya.
Posted By: Cool hand fluke

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/11/03 01:33 AM

Quote:
Oh, well Mike I'll replace TR with Super Mario Bros.
Another bad example. Super Mario Bros. wasn't even able to make back half of its budget.
Posted By: Blake

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/11/03 03:23 AM

Quote:
This indie film will have some of my old high school friends in it. I'll cast myself in it as well, yet I don't know what role I'll be in, just yet.
Have you seen trailer park boys?

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/11/03 03:37 AM

No, why?

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/11/03 10:04 PM

I checked it out on imdb.com. It has some remarkable dialogue but what point are you getting at because I just can't seem to find it.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/12/03 03:16 AM

Ok, I think Blake Peters is dead just like this thread is getting.
Posted By: Don Giorgio Gambino

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/12/03 06:29 PM

Sorry to say this. But a GTA movie will SUCK because of the lack of plot.

The game's plot is good for a video game, but not a movie. Technically Fido moves from boss to boss destruction after destruction and killing.

Unless I read the script I'll think otherwise.

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/12/03 09:56 PM

I know it sounds farfetched at first but if you read the script it is a great movie, with interesting dialogue and situations. For instance, instead of Joey Leone looking like a slouch of a person, he is sadistic, rude, and classy. And Ray Machowski is Ray Machowski.
I decided not to use characters like El Burro or Marty Chonks, or any side-mission characters like that because I feel they would be a waste of time and dialogue. Don't worry GTA fans, in the next GTA project, El Burro will be in it. Trust me, when my indie movie comes out late-next year, I will post the script to GTA on this board.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/16/03 09:16 PM

Am I the only one that beleives in this film? I think it'd do Great. as alpacinofan knows i'm writing my own script but simply for fun and just to start me off because i want to write movies when i'm older.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/17/03 03:41 AM

I guarantee all of you, that I will post the entire script of the movie in early 2005 on this board.
Posted By: Raulito

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/19/03 04:00 PM

i made a gta story once... but it sucked it was 39 pages and my friend stole it....oh well

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/20/03 01:44 AM

Do you know any plot or dialogue from it, Raulito?

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/20/03 04:01 AM

i posted more of mine in it's topic in the other movies section.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/20/03 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
Am I the only one that beleives in this film? I think it'd do Great. as alpacinofan knows i'm writing my own script but simply for fun and just to start me off because i want to write movies when i'm older.
if a gta movie was made, it'd be so long that it'd make scarface and the godfather look short. -Pat

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/20/03 07:10 PM

You know Patrick, you might be right on that. Hell, if it was that long I would have to pull a Kill Bill on it.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/20/03 07:47 PM

Or A Star Wars...

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/21/03 03:10 AM

Come on, ya'll know me. Would I even cut this masterpiece into 2 parts? I laugh at that possible but ridiculous theory.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/21/03 03:15 AM

i saw your dream cast but what about ice cube or cuba gooding jr. as 8-ball? -Pat

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/21/03 03:36 AM

I would've considered Ice Cube but DMX looks so much like 8-Ball. Thanks for the consideration of IC, Patrick.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/21/03 05:14 AM

he sort of talks like him to. i would personally switch around pacino, and deniro roles. I'd love to see DeNiro do a part like that... an elder don. and i think Pacino looks similar to Love, but i havn't played a story line in that game since i beat it 2 years ago.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/22/03 02:38 AM

I was thinking of having Pacino play Don Sal Leone, but Donald Love is a role made for DeNiro and Andy Garcia.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/23/03 02:17 AM

Okay, my mind is made up. Andy Garcia will be Donald Love. I wanted to use DeNiro in a role but I'll have to wait a while on that.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/23/03 04:41 AM

Take a look at a line I posted in Mob Movies Forum under the post My Mob Story. If you want to reply to the fact that you liked it or disliked it, post here.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/26/03 02:12 AM

I liked it. No, I LOVED IT!!!! At first i was kind of scetchy as far as the gunmans dialouge would be as he didn't talk at all in the game but you did great. My story has some talking from him as well.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/26/03 02:34 AM

I'm glad you did llc. By the year 2004, Grand Theft Auto will be a must-read on this board.
Posted By: DannyMontana

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/27/03 03:44 AM

Quote:
I am 18-years old. I will enroll in a film school soon. I am really dedicated to this project and for those of you who have faith in me, God bless you. It will be just like the 3rd one, it is violent, foul-mouthed, riveting, and everything in between. Although, Edward Norton is my MAIN character pick, here are other actors in my DREAM CAST:
Edward Norton as The Gunman
DMX,50 Cent,or Micheal Jai White as 8-Ball
Al Pacino as Salvatore Leone
Scott Caan or Giovanni Ribisi as Joey Leone
James Gandolfini or Micheal Madsen as Tony Cipriani
Micheal Imperioli as Luigi Gotterelli
Brittany Murphy or Molly Ringwald as Maria
Lucy Liu as Asuka Kasen
Chui Hui Liu or Sonny Chiba as Kenji Kasen
Harvey Keitel as Ray Machowski
Robert DeNiro or Andy Garcia as Donald Love
Michelle Rodriguez as Catalina

This is a movie about Lyle Douglas, or The Gunman if you will. He is betrayed by Catalina and almost got a life sentencing in prison, until he breaks out with 8-Ball. He learns the trades of the mafia,yakuza, and even crooked cops, and businessmen alike but he is in search of Catalina for the $2 million she "took" from him. I will not give away any lines nor the ending because that would be just like every other movie business out there. This will be an exciting, fresh, cult-classic type of a movie. My family, friends, and writing teachers all love it so far, and I feel you will love it too whenever it hits theatres.
WRITER JOSH C. HALL, REMEMBER THE NAME!
I also have 3 other movies I'll write once this baby gets put in the crib.
I think all of the actors would fit perfectly. Good Luck!!

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/27/03 07:38 AM

Thanks DM. Tomorrow I'll post the soundtrack listing to this film script.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/27/03 05:53 PM

Here is the soundtrack for the GTA film:
"X Gonna Give It To Ya" by DMX
"California Love" by Dr. Dre featuring 2Pac
"Dance Hall Days" by Wang Chung
"Atomic" by Blondie
"Lifestyles Of The Rich And The Famous" by Good Charlotte
"I'm Burning For You" By The Blue Oyster Cult
"More Bounce To The Ounce" by Zapp and Roger
"Ain't My Bitch" by Metallica
"Mony Mony" by Billy Idol
"I Wanna Be Sedated" by The Ramones
"Photograph" by Def Leppard
"Here To Stay" by Korn

This might change during the course of the year, so what do you all think?
AND BE HONEST!AND BE HONEST!

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/27/03 06:38 PM

ge rid of metallica and good charlotte. i'd also lose 2pac's song unless your movie takes place in california. -Pat

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/27/03 08:54 PM

Good job pointing out the 2Pac thing, Patrick. Do you recommend a song that could be suitable for GTA?

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/27/03 10:25 PM

Quote:
Good job pointing out the 2Pac thing, Patrick. Do you recommend a song that could be suitable for GTA?
i think it all depends on where it takes place. can you atleast tell us what state it's in? -Pat

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/28/03 05:23 AM

Liberty City.
It is kind of like New York mixed with a little Boston.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/28/03 05:30 AM

It is kind of like New York mixed with a little bit of Boston.
LIBERTY CITY

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/28/03 08:08 PM

Quote:
It is kind of like New York mixed with a little bit of Boston.
LIBERTY CITY
ok, the ghetto. how about these songs by 2pac:
get money
hellrazor

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/29/03 05:49 AM

I might consider Hellrazor a whole ot better than Get Money.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/29/03 06:00 AM

I need something from Dr. Dre because 8-Ball likes old-school rap.

P.S-Sorry for the recent crappy posts, my computer is all screwed up.
Posted By: Don Giorgio Gambino

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/29/03 06:00 PM

Hey Al!

You know, you should use songs from the different genres of the Liberty City radio stations.

Rock, Rap, Italian opera (my favorite), Reggae and some Pop.

You can get better songs than those that appeared in GTA III (but the Opera one was perfect).

Also, play tunes from Flashback (from Scarface)

Are Lazlow and Chatterbox going to make an appearance?

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 09/29/03 08:38 PM

Quote:
I need something from Dr. Dre because 8-Ball likes old-school rap.

P.S-Sorry for the recent crappy posts, my computer is all screwed up.
why don't you get an NWA song then? 2Pac was releasing solo albums before dr. dre. -Pat

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 10/01/03 05:18 AM

Lazlow and Chatterbox will definitely appear in GTA. I decided to put in Oliver Biscuit as "The Blues Man" of a jazz,old rock blues station.
Posted By: DannyMontana

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 10/02/03 02:21 AM

Quote:
Here is the soundtrack for the GTA film:
"Atomic" by Blondie
"Here To Stay" by Korn

Well I don't like rap but if it fits in with the part its fine with me. As for Good Charlotte, I like that kind of music I guess but they are sellouts and I don't like them or that song anymore because they are rich and famous

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 10/02/03 05:15 AM

The script is no problem thus far but my head is swelling due to the soundtrack listing. If there is anybody on the board that can put me together a good soundtrack, I'll put you in the special thanks column of the movie's ending credits.
Posted By: Raymondo Corleone

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 10/07/03 10:46 AM

Just incase you didn't know, there is already a film of Grand Theft Auto from which the game was inspired.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 10/07/03 05:54 PM

Yeah, it was back in the 70's starring Ron Howard. It was a great film, kind-of-like American Grafitti. In writing this film I will pay homage to the first film as well as the other famous caper films while making the movie independent by itself. Thank you, Raymondo. Nobody has ever mentioned the past GTA before, so I see that you are a guy that knows alot about films.
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 10/07/03 07:14 PM

alpacinofan, I admire your bravery to share your fantasies with us (whenever I have 'movie-ideas' I cast actors in my head as well of course, but I'm never as serious to others about as you seem to be).

as for making the soundtrack listing: WAY TO GO!!

anyway, I wish you good luck with further development of your project and hope you enjoy every serious and unserious part of your work, an succes with your future screenwriting job.

Keep 'em coming!
Posted By: Raymondo Corleone

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 10/07/03 11:08 PM

Yeah good luck man. Thanks for the kind words.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 10/08/03 06:05 AM

Well Pherdy, I do plan on sharing more about the project except for the script. That will be sometime next year.
Posted By: Frankie Pentangeli

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/03/03 06:26 AM

Do you have consent?

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/03/03 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DannyMontana:
[quote]Originally posted by alpacinofan:
[b] Here is the soundtrack for the GTA film:
"Atomic" by Blondie
"Here To Stay" by Korn

Well I don't like rap but if it fits in with the part its fine with me. As for Good Charlotte, I like that kind of music I guess but they are sellouts and I don't like them or that song anymore because they are rich and famous [/b][/quote]Yeah, if you insist on using punk music get some REAL punk. what were you thinking of using that song for? describe the scene. I can get you the perfect song using my knowlege of punk/ska.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/04/03 07:02 AM

Sure corleone, I would love to hear your ideas.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/06/03 12:32 AM

Well Pennywise is good if you want some fast, hard and aggressional.

You know what would be a great song for a GTA movie? Fuck Authority by Pennywise.
Posted By: Frankie Pentangeli

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/09/03 04:34 AM

You need to Frank Sinatra in there. I did it my way might fit in nicely somewhere.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/12/03 01:00 AM

I think Michael Imperioli would make a perfect Joey Leone, while I could see Robert Redford as Donald Love. I like Ed NOrton as the gunman and DMX as 8 ball.
Posted By: Meggie

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/12/03 08:05 PM

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/13/03 01:00 AM

Here's the thing:If GTA was a popular video game back in the 90's, I would have had Joe Pesci play the role of Luigi Goterelli. Joe has since then retired from making films and that's why I think Micheal Imperioli would make an excellent Luigi. I have Scott Caan in mind to play Joey Leone.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/13/03 01:50 AM

I cant see scott cann as joey. I like Ribisi in that role way better then him.
Posted By: Meggie

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/13/03 05:23 PM

What is this news about Joe Pesci retiring from film..is this true?

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/16/03 07:41 PM

I certainly hope not, but if u have seen him recently in the news and what not; he really is getting old.
Posted By: Don_Miconi

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/18/03 04:21 PM

The Gunman has to be Irish cause the guy in GTA3 even says he's not even italian i think it was Luigi and he's nickname was Fido from Don Leone cause thats what his young girlfriend called him and yes the girl maria was the dons girlfriend not daughter.

Re: Grand Theft Auto - 11/20/03 04:19 AM

Edward Norton for me, is the right fit to play Fido(what you all see of him). Don Miconi, welcome to the boards. It is nice to have a fellow Marylander here on the boards. Also, I am about 2 days of writing away from finishing up my GTA film!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET