Home

Meadow and the Mafia

Posted By: LuanKuci

Meadow and the Mafia - 09/28/21 06:07 AM

Interesting how she went from passively mocking her father for being a criminal to straight up defending the degenerate nature of Tony’s people when Finn criticized them. She revealed herself to be just like Carmela and the other mob wives, if not even more hypocritical due to her younger age and college education.

Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 09/28/21 01:14 PM

Meadow is like all those spoiled rich girls who make fun of how their parents are attached to money and then enjoy that same money. Everything she had, she got it thanks to her father's money, even if over the series she posed as a rebel she never tried to earn something on her own, so you're right she's more hypocritical than her mother, who at least spends Tony's money and endures his betrayals.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 09/28/21 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Meadow is like all those spoiled rich girls who make fun of how their parents are attached to money and then enjoy that same money. Everything she had, she got it thanks to her father's money, even if over the series she posed as a rebel she never tried to earn something on her own, so you're right she's more hypocritical than her mother, who at least spends Tony's money and endures his betrayals.

You right furio
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 10/02/21 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

You right furio

Furio is def right ,but also ,as well , IMO, Meadow in later seasons was besides Charmaine Bucco, 1 of the hotter female cast members...
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 10/02/21 05:17 AM

I mean I'm not surprised she went to defend them.

While she may be spoiled and lived from Tony's money, people seem to forget that when you take everything away, she's still his daughter. Obviously, she's aware of what he does and who's around him, but in that scene, Finn says that they acted like animals, and by extension, he thinks the same of Tony.

If anyone told me the same about my dad I'd lose my shit, and I'm pretty sure 99% of you guys would as well. And it's not without a reason!
Posted By: jace

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 11/25/21 07:49 PM

She wasn't spoiled as far as behaving and school, and she did pursue a higher education, and marry a straight guy who was an attorney. She was eating or had learned a law degree and worked, so I would not consider her spoiled. She had a lot, and acted out at times, but haven't we all as teenagers? The son was a real pain, he was a total kook, and annoying.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 01/03/22 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by CleanBandit
I mean I'm not surprised she went to defend them.

While she may be spoiled and lived from Tony's money, people seem to forget that when you take everything away, she's still his daughter. Obviously, she's aware of what he does and who's around him, but in that scene, Finn says that they acted like animals, and by extension, he thinks the same of Tony.

If anyone told me the same about my dad I'd lose my shit, and I'm pretty sure 99% of you guys would as well. And it's not without a reason!

An outsider pissing in your tent is always worse than someone in the tent doing it. This is like when Meadow told off Jackie's sister for bringing up the business in front of a civilian cousin. A lot of the things Meadow is criticized for by viewers have more to do with adolescence than mob daughter hypocrisy. We all hated our parents at that age, but if someone else talked shit about them we would be defensive.
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 01/03/22 10:49 AM

Couldn't agree more Oak!
Posted By: eastsideofvan

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 01/25/22 10:35 PM

Meadow was actually a great character. She had one of the better story arcs which was both relatable for and believable. Her character was one of the most objective and self-aware; she picked up on Tony's involvement in the mob early, was not naive to her place in the pecking order given that AJ was "the son" etc. She was an insufferable teen and woke young adult but seemed to get over that. She even handled her knowledge of Vito's indiscretion with a quiet respectful confidence that would be unusual for her age. Her revelation only came about when two much older women including here mother were engaging in gossip that she herself had stayed out of until she negotiated her own terms to enter the conversation. Meadow was smart (and yes, by seasons 4-6 she was a fucking fox too)

That she was protective/defensive of her family is also laudable; even if she disagreed herself with her family, she did it behind closed doors. Very old school.

She'd have been better suited to the DeMeo Family than AJ, that's for sure. He was a total embarrassment. As a story, he was a great symbol of what the mob has become; that's the future of the mob right there. A chubby, whiny, entitled little bitch.

If I were Tony I'd have let him stay at the bottom of the pool.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 01/26/22 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
Meadow was actually a great character. She had one of the better story arcs which was both relatable for and believable. Her character was one of the most objective and self-aware; she picked up on Tony's involvement in the mob early, was not naive to her place in the pecking order given that AJ was "the son" etc. She was an insufferable teen and woke young adult but seemed to get over that. She even handled her knowledge of Vito's indiscretion with a quiet respectful confidence that would be unusual for her age. Her revelation only came about when two much older women including here mother were engaging in gossip that she herself had stayed out of until she negotiated her own terms to enter the conversation. Meadow was smart (and yes, by seasons 4-6 she was a fucking fox too)

That she was protective/defensive of her family is also laudable; even if she disagreed herself with her family, she did it behind closed doors. Very old school.

She'd have been better suited to the DeMeo Family than AJ, that's for sure. He was a total embarrassment. As a story, he was a great symbol of what the mob has become; that's the future of the mob right there. A chubby, whiny, entitled little bitch.

If I were Tony I'd have let him stay at the bottom of the pool.

Good post. Meadow was not a stupid character and agree she had one of the better story arcs for the Show.
Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 06/11/22 06:28 PM

I’ve watched the entire series start-to-finish at least four times. Meadow was the only major character whom I’d classify as anything resembling a decent human being.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 06/16/22 08:25 PM

Artie Bucco tried his best bless him
Posted By: RushStreet

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 06/29/22 07:33 PM

Meadow was a liberal c$nt. Who also enjoyed fucking dorky half white half black men.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 06/29/22 11:46 PM

Meadow was smart enough to know what Tony was involved in, but I think that like any daughter,she didn't believe that he was capable of murders,and extreme violence.
I think she convinced herself that his main business was gambling,even though at some point she had a harder time maintaining that self delusion. Also ,In as much as she was supposedly disgusted with Tony's way of making a living,she would not be beyond taking advantage of it to her benefit. I could almost guarantee that she knew what the effect of dropping the Soprano name would have on someone she might be seeking a favor from.
Posted By: Stugotz

Re: Meadow and the Mafia - 07/19/22 03:37 PM

Meadow one Of the hotter women in the show?! Hell Rosalie Aprille was hotter than her, my favorite was Gloria, hottest piece of coos to appear in the series...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET