Home

Scene that Annoyed Me

Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Scene that Annoyed Me - 08/11/21 06:09 PM

I love the series and I never had a problem that it had Tony S. seeing a psychiatrist. Yes, I know this would NEVER happen, but this was TV and not a biopic. Plus, it was a good way to get exposition without it seeming too heavy handed.

That said, what I thought was pretty bad was Season 2 (?) when Big Pussy was with his handler in the party store and they ran into a made guy who was an Elvis impersonator. Have there ever been wiseguys that did that sort of a thing?
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 08/12/21 01:28 AM

I have to agree with you Jimmy. The idea of a made guy in such a public profession is ludicrous, not to mention embarrassing to a lot of Mob guys.
Maybe it was an inside joke by David Chase. Reportedly James Gandolfini's first professional role was as an Elvis impersonator in a play called Big El's Best Friend.
Posted By: Goldy

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 08/12/21 07:08 PM

You can see that same party store in some exterior shots of the Bing. Puss really taking a risk going across the parking lot to talk to his handler. Though I don't think they're meant to be the same place. Stupid idea to have Jimmy be an Elvis impersonator, they could have found a more realistic and innocent way for him to be spotted by a made guy. Probably one of those things they'd like a do over on in retrospect.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 08/13/21 06:05 PM

Appreciate everyone's feedback.! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't too off the mark. Good point regarding the inside joke from Chase. Hadn't thought about that.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 08/13/21 06:09 PM

To be fair, I don't believe it was established that the Elvis impersonator was made. I always assumed he was an associate.
Posted By: Goldy

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 08/14/21 01:54 AM

Pussy introduces Skip to Jimmy as "Friend of Ours" implying all three are made guys.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 09/12/21 07:55 PM

I always cringe at the scene when Johnny Boys Goombah sings happy birthday to Tony.
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 09/13/21 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by DE NIRO
I always cringe at the scene when Johnny Boys Goombah sings happy birthday to Tony.

That whole episode was cringe. When they're in the restaurant and she's showing her boots lol. Didn't like that episode at all. Highlight was Junior explaining why he won't go to Johnny's grave.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 09/13/21 08:43 PM

I know it's a fan favorite episode but the whole Father what's his name and Carmela scene while Tony and Meadow are off looking at colleges just makes me cringe.
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 09/14/21 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by DE NIRO

I agree what a putan! Especially with JFK’s hat lol
Posted By: Montauk

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 11/08/21 11:20 PM

For me the worst episode, by far, was "Chasing It," I remember seeing it when it first aired on HBO back in the day, and it's not aged well with the shaky L&O handheld cam and Tony OUTTA NOWHERE as a degenerate gambler.

I didn't mind so much the Fran Felstein episode "In Camelot," in that she was kinda ground zero for the heat between Tony and Phil, what with that racetrack, that would gradually explode.
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 11/20/21 03:06 AM

totally agree.. Fran was super cringe but had a legit storyline. Tony as a degenerate gambler out of the blue, was absurd at best.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 01/19/22 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
I know it's a fan favorite episode but the whole Father what's his name and Carmela scene while Tony and Meadow are off looking at colleges just makes me cringe.

I generally skip to where Tony kills the rat and that's about it for that episode. Same with the one where Tony and Carmela split, her screaming in that episode (along with Meadow's God awful scream in the college episode) just drives me absolutely batshit crazy.

Speaking of the series, I just went up to Suffern NY for the snowstorm that wasn't nothing to work for Orange & Rockland and had time before we flew back home so I went by to see the Bing and Tony's house lol Why not when I'm making overtime and bored while waiting on my flight back home out of Newark?
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 01/19/22 06:27 PM

For me,I could have done without the whole Tony/Finnerty dream subplot.
Posted By: Stugotz

Re: Scene that Annoyed Me - 07/19/22 03:13 PM

I thought Big Puss was stupid in that scene, why didn't he just say "Joey/Skip" was a friend of "mine" instead of friend of "ours" that way he wouldn't have to go hunt the guy down and kill him.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET