so who becomes the Boss???
Paulie Walnuts? "jesus, some guys are better as number 2's" lol
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/13/20 02:06 AM

patsy maybe ?!
albert barese ?!
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/13/20 02:56 AM

Paulie for awhile but he will be going to prison for awhile since Carlo flipped and he can take down Dante and Patsy. Albert Barese is the best bet, but some of the members from the scam in the first season should be getting out so Joe Sasso should be released, or at least parole wise.
Posted By: Dob_Peppino

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/13/20 06:29 AM

I personally, would rather believe Tony didn't get whacked.... The only precedent for it would be Butch backstabbing Tony (which is totally plausible) but I get the feeling Butch would have been satisfied with Phil dead, Little Carmine would've been a level-headed mediator and I don't think anybody wants to be at War for too long.
Also getting rid of Tony would pretty much make them non-grata as a Family (coupled with Carlo flipping), they would literally be a "glorified crew".

Either way the Soprano Family would never be the same after that War. The prospects for the top spot would be laughable, Paulie (even though by this point he is alittle older) I just can't see him being good business-wise, probably wouldn't have problems within the Family, Silvio (just gonna assume he was out the picture) but at best would be a semi-retired advisor but as Giacomo stated, they would be going in a Carlo case along with Patsy. So there's Cagey Albert Barese, constant law issue Larry Barese, too young Benny and Walden and a freshly released Joe Beppy Sasso..... Doesn't Sound to promising for Jersey.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/14/20 07:40 PM

For me he'll forever be in the diner deciding what to order to eat, whist waiting for Meadow. I don't accept that he died.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/14/20 08:58 PM

Does anyone thing The Soprano Crime Family would have been better/stronger if Tony had cowtowed to Junior in the beginning?
I mean, by him being his nephew and who he was, he eventually would have been boss anyway, imo. And some may say that Junior couldn't get passed the psychiatry thing but he didn't put the hit out on Tony until he found out about the secret meetings with the Capos. Junior was going down with legal issues anyway, its not out of range that Tony would have ened up in the same position. and could've avoided a war that decimated Junior's regime (a probable revenue stream for Tony) and surely created more whispers throughout the Family about him.

- lossed Mikey Palmice (who I think could've been kept in line by Junior and was a hitter, same with Chuckie)
- Losses Philly Spoons (who we can assume was a hitter, and the also affected the productivity/earning ability of Patsy)
- Guys in the Can (like Richie and Feech) had more respect for Junior although he was persona non grata. They could've been kept better in line IMO.
Thats several revenue streams and muscle that he could've been able to manage if he did "step over his own uncle to grab the big seat.... his father's brother" lol
Posted By: Terence

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/14/20 10:29 PM

@Dob_Peppino - I always felt like Junior had the weaker side. Half of the men loyal to him looked like senior citizens even at the beginning of the show and with the exception of Feech and Richie the rest came off as being pretty incompetent. I loved those scenes when Junior got frustrated at his men though.
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/14/20 11:37 PM

A cool scene is when Junior is discussing Richie after he leaves, having told Junior, Albert passed on the hit on Tony.

“Then he dies, I can’t even wear his shoes”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7kFcNj2H3z0

Junior did offer some great advice, every once in a while.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/15/20 12:37 AM

@Terence Junior crew definitely was older but I think but i think the guys who's names we knew Mikey, Chuckie, Philly Spoons, Patsy, Gigi (and I'll even throw Bobby Bacala) were capable and useful. Certainly couldn't be any worse then Pussy(possibly a rat for a few years at this point) junkie Chris, and impulsive Paulie. of course Silvio was a valuable guy, but the others compromised Tony but maybe it was his leadership that brought out the worse in some of these people.

We really didn't get to see the best of Junior, (as a mob figure not a character IMO) You gotta remember when Mikey clipped Brendan Filone, Junior was there. A old capo watching a murder gives me the impression Corrado didn't have a weak stomach at all. I thought Junior in the 1st season showed that before that, in his day he was a guy worthy of respect, not a Fredo. Anybody who goes along on a hit just to be there, is not to be fucked with. There has to be a reason a guy like Feech la Manna and Richie would respect Junior and he wasn't even running the show or had a formidable crew at the time.

I wish they would do a prequel that explores what happend in the late 70s/80s. We would get a the prequel stuff we are looking for. I think the "Newark" movie might be alittle to far removed.
Posted By: Terence

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/15/20 01:03 AM

@Dob_Peppino - Those are some good points and that entire family was pretty much a shit show! Tony's nepotism for Chris and cousin Tony also drove me a little mad at times. That would get a boss killed, replaced or.......ostrified 😂 (as Chrissy would say).

On Tony Sopranos death - when that screen cut to black, the very first thing that popped into my mind was Bobby's line from 'Sopranos Home Movies', - "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?" That shit seriously gave me the chills. I loved the ending and for me he definitely died in that restaurant.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/15/20 03:29 AM

@Terence lol at chris. He was a dunce.
If Tony got hit, it was Butch IMO, he was a slimey bastard.
Little Carmine wasn't in on it but had a "its apart of the life"attitude. Paulie becomes boss. Patsy is underboss. Silvio survives and is semi-retired Consiglieri.

sometimes I don't understand Hollywood, all the material with the "unrest of 83" and they decide to go to when Tony is a kid..... what? Its like The happy potter movies skipping Voldermort's rise to talk about some damn Fantastic beast lol I don't get it
Posted By: WhackWhack

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/15/20 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
Does anyone thing The Soprano Crime Family would have been better/stronger if Tony had cowtowed to Junior in the beginning?
I mean, by him being his nephew and who he was, he eventually would have been boss anyway, imo. And some may say that Junior couldn't get passed the psychiatry thing but he didn't put the hit out on Tony until he found out about the secret meetings with the Capos. Junior was going down with legal issues anyway, its not out of range that Tony would have ened up in the same position. and could've avoided a war that decimated Junior's regime (a probable revenue stream for Tony) and surely created more whispers throughout the Family about him.

- lossed Mikey Palmice (who I think could've been kept in line by Junior and was a hitter, same with Chuckie)
- Losses Philly Spoons (who we can assume was a hitter, and the also affected the productivity/earning ability of Patsy)
- Guys in the Can (like Richie and Feech) had more respect for Junior although he was persona non grata. They could've been kept better in line IMO.
Thats several revenue streams and muscle that he could've been able to manage if he did "step over his own uncle to grab the big seat.... his father's brother" lol

Actually no, Spoons was NOT a hitter. In the big lunch scene in the back of Satriale's when Patsy was in grief talking about Spoons, he said out loud that Spoons was not a Heavy man with anyone (meaning he never committed violence).

Not everyone has had to kill someone to be made. For better or for worse.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/16/20 04:28 AM

Well obviously Patsy had the Capablity of being vicious, why not whack out the more dangerous brother???
And I took Patsy's "he ain't heavy" statement to mean, he didn't have beefs with people, doesn't mean he didn't clip anybody. I could be wrong, there was Bobby Bacala.
Posted By: Jamesbontate33

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 06/19/20 06:07 AM

I always figured he would have been killed , he killed Phil in front of his wife and family. There's no way n.y would let that slide , just seems like the mafia way to do things . Use Tony to clip Phil for going to war , than clip Tony in front of his family . Kinda seems like a don Bruno and caponigro type of situation. ..well similar in a sense . Obviously just my opinion but that's kind of what I got from that last scene.
Posted By: MonsterUSMC

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 03/10/21 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by WhackWhack
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino

Actually no, Spoons was NOT a hitter. In the big lunch scene in the back of Satriale's when Patsy was in grief talking about Spoons, he said out loud that Spoons was not a Heavy man with anyone (meaning he never committed violence).

Not everyone has had to kill someone to be made. For better or for worse.

Originally Posted by Jamesbontate33
I always figured he would have been killed , he killed Phil in front of his wife and family. There's no way n.y would let that slide , just seems like the mafia way to do things . Use Tony to clip Phil for going to war , than clip Tony in front of his family . Kinda seems like a don Bruno and caponigro type of situation. ..well similar in a sense . Obviously just my opinion but that's kind of what I got from that last scene.

If things played out this way, we never would have had the Patsy pissing in the pool scene.
Posted By: edimeo25

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 03/10/21 11:40 PM

The Barese crew was said to be the biggest in the family and we only saw two other guys besides Larry. Albert and Rusty Irish. Junior had a pretty large crew himself in season 1:

Mikey
Chucky
Patsy
Philly
Bobby
Gigi
Beppy (not Sasso)
Tommy
Murf
Bobby Sr (semi retired)

Plus a few other unnamed guys hanging around him in those early episodes. Presumably they were either whacked or they were among the "13 others" arrested in the scam with Junior, Larry, and Beppy Sasso.

So his crew was huge and Larry's was even bigger. What would Larry have had, fifteen or twenty guys?

Also we never saw any of Ray Curto's crew besides the Capo himself. He wasn't Capo over nothing so there had to be plenty of soldiers and associates there.

We skimmed the surface with the Altieri crew as well, just Jimmy, Carlo, and Walden. And Tony B was apparently working with them as well. After Vito is outed, Carlo says the guys in Vito's crew weren't going to respect Vito anymore or something like that. By that point, the only other known member in Vito's crew, Eugene, was dead. So there were others we never saw.

My point is there's much more to the family than what we saw. We mainly know of the men in the two Soprano crews, and Aprile crew. There are probably plenty of other guys to take on leadership positions. The family is ok. Smaller than they were in 1999, but no worse off than other small families like the Patriarcas, Philadelphia, or Detroit. Or the real life Jersey family. They won't be disappearing any time soon, nor will they get taken over by the Lupertazzis upon Tony's death. I don't think the other New York families, or said smaller families would stand for that.

As for Carlo flipping, who knows, with the luck that family had with rats being put out of commission, maybe A.J. accidentally ran him over with his huge yellow SUV while Carlo was crossing the street with his handlers. Problem solved.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 03/13/21 05:06 PM

Mort.
Posted By: tonytheant

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ - 03/14/21 06:16 AM

Gandolfini died in real life i heard he looked like chris farley when they found him
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET