Home

April family bad luck

Posted By: streetbossliborio

April family bad luck - 03/28/20 12:42 AM

Bad luck in their family was rife - has anyone mentioned this before?

Adrianna
Jackie sr
Jackie Jr
Richie

We’re there any real families that had as bad as this bad luck?!
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: April family bad luck - 03/28/20 09:58 AM

Yes. I am going to cheat and say the main branch family. Family members and relatives that were not in just one crime family. Alot of these families are married into one another.
DiAngelo, Violi, Rizzuto, Mangano, Anastasia, Gambino, Indelicato, Scalise, Bonventre, Bonanno, Licata, Abbatemarco, Scarpa, Badalamenti, Peraino, Profaci, Ormento.
There are many.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: April family bad luck - 03/29/20 02:00 AM

Aside from Jackie Sr., I don't see where bad luck is the cause of death. In most cases stupidity and over-aggression. Adriana talked about drug connections to an undercover agent snarling her into a case where she had to inform or be exposed for letting the FBI infiltrate the Sopranos, even going right into Tony's house.

Richie was going to be killed for plotting to have Tony killed even before the fight with Janice.

Jackie Jr. robbed a card game killing a dealer and shooting at two made guys.

Seems the Apriles were more hard headed than unlucky.
Posted By: Terence

Re: April family bad luck - 03/29/20 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Aside from Jackie Sr., I don't see where bad luck is the cause of death. In most cases stupidity and over-aggression. Adriana talked about drug connections to an undercover agent snarling her into a case where she had to inform or be exposed for letting the FBI infiltrate the Sopranos, even going right into Tony's house.

Richie was going to be killed for politicking to have Tony killed even before the fight with Janice.

Jackie Jr. robbed a card game killing a dealer and shooting at two made guys.

Seems the Apriles were more hard headed than unlucky.

I always felt like jealousy is what drove Richie and Jackie Jr to their ends.

- Richie wanting more while Tony had it all.
- Jackie Jr being kept out of the life while watching Christopher thrive in it.

Adriana just got squeezed between the sides.

Re: April family bad luck - 03/29/20 06:15 PM

I always wondered how Tony didn't hold Christopher responsible for Adriana. He's a made guy and has his wife out there dabbling around with drugs, talking about connections, etc? He put himself in that position. I have to believe that if this is anyone else, they're gone too, along with their significant other. More of Tony's delusional belief that Chris was "family" who would inherit his kingdom.
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: April family bad luck - 03/31/20 08:33 PM

Tony also gave Christopher a pass, when he needed rehab. I think Tony said something along the lines “if it was anyone else, they would get their intervention, right in the back of the head”...he used sign language lol..but the message was clear.
Posted By: Goldy

Re: April family bad luck - 04/01/20 05:04 PM

Richie and Jackie both were responsible for setting into the motion the series of events that led to their demise. Richie did that double, ha. Adriana really got screwed over by the FEDS, until she helped clean up the murder in her club. It's not like she was really involved in anything mob related. She was basically a civilian who ran a legit club, acquired to pay off a gambling debt sure, but she had no part in that. On her end anyways. Yeah, they used her office as a meeting place, but I don't recall them doing any mob related shit there they ran it like the 'Bing, as a legit place. Jackie Sr. smoked while he ate for fuck's sake so it's not like him dying of cancer at some point would have been a surprise to anyone. Ha.
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: April family bad luck - 04/02/20 01:47 AM

That’s true they were hard headed with Jackie Sr the only one with the charisma and power to be the boss. What an actor senior was may I say - would’ve loved to have seen him in more flashbacks. Was weird watching Tony be subservient to him in the flashbacks. Tony was subservient to no one for all of the series really.. maybe slightly to NY but even then he went to war with NY and even pushed back against Carmine Sr.

And Chris should’ve been whacked in the first 3 seasons man.

And giacamo surely violi and rizzutos probably win the most deaths in the family Jesus Christ. What about the 2 Genovese guys thrown off a roof just to be made examples of on the no drug rule by chin? Imagine being a close family member and within the space of 2 weeks both of them thrown off a roof. Regardless of all the persons deeds I would always feel for the family. I would feel for the gangster too if all his crimes were non violent (no bodies)!!!
Posted By: MolochioInduced

Re: April family bad luck - 04/02/20 05:06 PM

Fair enough, but without Christopher, I wonder where the story line would of went.

Tony B sticks around with Tony, Furio never runs away? Tony and Christopher’s relationship provided some epic moments.

Would people of preferred to see him die when he was shot by Bevilacqua?

Re: April family bad luck - 04/05/20 04:35 PM

Good point, Molochio. Good television is the top priority. Plus it's really a show about a mobster in therapy. The mob storylines are secondary. It's more like a setting than the plot. It doesn't have to be completely realistic for it to work. Just real enough. Personalities. The cynical theme of the show gave them a lot of wiggle room to get a few things wrong with mob protocol. It almost comes off as a comedy. And when there's an oversight, it's easy to dismiss it as such. In other words, it's such a great show it can afford to make a few mistakes.
Posted By: bobbybacino

Re: April family bad luck - 05/18/20 02:14 AM

I always thought it was weird that episode where Jackie jr and Ralph are eating and jr
looks over and checks out Adrianna and Ralph says ah ah ah. They're supposed to be
related, cousins I think?
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: April family bad luck - 05/18/20 04:46 AM

It not uncommon in the real families Bobby.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET