Home

Jackie Jr. live or die scene?

Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Jackie Jr. live or die scene? - 08/31/19 03:23 AM

Great scene.

Should Jackie Jr. have been given a pass or killed?

In my opinion he deserved to get clipped. If it had gone different then maybe he gets a pass.

I wonder though what Silvio meant at the beginning when he said ‘what’d we say’ like it was crazy that Ralph would want to discuss what happened with the boss.
Posted By: Michael_Giovanni

Re: Jackie Jr. live or die scene? - 08/31/19 03:35 AM

Also if Tony really cared about Jackie Jr like he let on why would Tony leave it up to Ralph to make the decision?
Posted By: Goldy

Re: Jackie Jr. live or die scene? - 08/31/19 03:18 PM

He didn't leave it up to Ralph. He told him what needed to be done, without explicitly telling him what to do. Ralph knows they both know Jackie has to go, but he wants Tony to order it. "I'll make sure your orders are done.... whatever they may be..." The way Tony did it, he has maximum deniability. Conscience-wise, Meadow-wise, etc. He put all that on Ralph. "You took this kid under your wing, you schooled him as best you could, didn't ya?" With that look on his face. They both know he didn't, then to drive the point home he gives Ralph the pistol back. Really genius of Tony. The other scene when he tells Ralph that whatever decision he makes be "done in a timely fashion", was a little more direct, because Ralph was dragging his feet. It wasn't about if Tony cared about Jackie Jr, he broke the rules and shot a made guy, they couldn't give him a pass. Christopher was already pretty openly disrespecting Tony for not enforcing those rules and those little seeds are what grow into a full blown mutiny.

"What'd we say" meaning they knew Ralph would seek Tony out, rather than have Tony call him in. Ralph knew he fucked up and probably wanted to get ahead of this thing as best he could. Put on a strong front.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Jackie Jr. live or die scene? - 08/31/19 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
Also if Tony really cared about Jackie Jr like he let on why would Tony leave it up to Ralph to make the decision?

yeah i 100% agree
i guess tony didn't care about him anymore...
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Jackie Jr. live or die scene? - 09/01/19 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Goldy
He didn't leave it up to Ralph. He told him what needed to be done, without explicitly telling him what to do. Ralph knows they both know Jackie has to go, but he wants Tony to order it. "I'll make sure your orders are done.... whatever they may be..." The way Tony did it, he has maximum deniability. Conscience-wise, Meadow-wise, etc. He put all that on Ralph. "You took this kid under your wing, you schooled him as best you could, didn't ya?" With that look on his face. They both know he didn't, then to drive the point home he gives Ralph the pistol back. Really genius of Tony. The other scene when he tells Ralph that whatever decision he makes be "done in a timely fashion", was a little more direct, because Ralph was dragging his feet. It wasn't about if Tony cared about Jackie Jr, he broke the rules and shot a made guy, they couldn't give him a pass. Christopher was already pretty openly disrespecting Tony for not enforcing those rules and those little seeds are what grow into a full blown mutiny.

"What'd we say" meaning they knew Ralph would seek Tony out, rather than have Tony call him in. Ralph knew he fucked up and probably wanted to get ahead of this thing as best he could. Put on a strong front.

“Like”

thumbs Up “
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Jackie Jr. live or die scene? - 09/25/19 11:36 PM

When Tony finally named Ralph capo, he did warn him about being careful what he wished for. Ralph finally had earnings and power he wanted, but also was burdened with responsibility.

Tony reveled in that - in S3E13, he taunted Ralph in a way knowing Ralph was in a no-win situation. Either Ralph whacks the son of the woman he's in a relationship with, or he gives Jackie a pass and loses face with most of the family.
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: Jackie Jr. live or die scene? - 11/15/19 08:43 PM

If Ralph would've given him a pass, he would've gotten one. However, Tony made it clear to Ralph what needed to be done, and also made sure Ralph knew there would be big issues with Chris, Albert, and Furio if that pass was given. Bottom line.. Ralph knew what needed to be done and did it. He hoped Tony would take the heat for the pass, but he didn't.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET