Home

Whatever Happened to Finn?

Posted By: MrWilliams

Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/01/19 02:23 AM

Whatever happened to Finn DeTrollo?

From what I understood he broke up with Meadow towards the end of the series? Also from what I garnered Meadow's father's involvement in the Mob life scared him off. Esp. after the witnessing the assault at the construction site+Vito incident?

Btw, do you think Finn knew that he was at least indirectly to blame for Vito's and in turn Fat Dom's death? Hence that he helped touch off a mob war?
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/01/19 03:20 AM

I don't know how Finn could blame himself for anything that happened, much like the Mulatto who Tony racially abused.

He was not in that orbit. He dropped Meadow like any sane, law-abiding person, would do given the same situation.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/01/19 04:40 PM

He entered that orbit when he accepted the $20/hr laborer gig. He even asks how it's possible for someone to make that much per hour just picking up discarded scraps with a wheel barrel. He knew something was wrong. At this point he's already playing dumb. He makes his deal with the devil right here. When Eugene cracks Little Paulie with the bottle he had every clue to get out of dodge. He still doesn't take the hint. Probably because he's eyeing that Felicia and her "tramp stamp" as a potential side piece. Finn was naive, full of himself and couldn't read the writing on the wall. When he drove in on Vito and the security guard he'd crossed the point of no return. He's lucky he made it out of that whole situation in one piece and otherwise got his life back.
Posted By: MrWilliams

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/01/19 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by OakAsFan
He entered that orbit when he accepted the $20/hr laborer gig. He even asks how it's possible for someone to make that much per hour just picking up discarded scraps with a wheel barrel. He knew something was wrong. At this point he's already playing dumb. He makes his deal with the devil right here. When Eugene cracks Little Paulie with the bottle he had every clue to get out of dodge. He still doesn't take the hint. Probably because he's eyeing that Felicia and her "tramp stamp" as a potential side piece. Finn was naive, full of himself and couldn't read the writing on the wall. When he drove in on Vito and the security guard he'd crossed the point of no return. He's lucky he made it out of that whole situation in one piece and otherwise got his life back.

I mean to be fair $20 an hour construction jobs are quite common in many places, esp. in a state like New Jersey where everything is unionized(which is prob how Tony got him the job)

Hands down though I think the show greatly underplayed how much danger Vinn was in with finding out about Vito's homosexuality. I'm surprised Vito didn't disappear him or cause some sort of "accident" to get him out of the way since the latter knew the consequences if his secret got out.

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/02/19 03:58 AM

Finn wasn't working construction he was a laborer. He literally walked around with a wheel barrel and cleaned up after construction workers. Don't get me wrong I'm all for the $20/hour, and obviously that wasn't much in the NYC area, even in 2004. Today it's well below the poverty line in the big coastal cities. But Finn knew it was high compared to what most people with his skill level earned on a construction site, and that there had to have been strings pulled for him to get offered a gig like that right out of the blue.
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/06/19 01:40 PM

Finn DeTrolio, my arch-nemesis.

Lol vito was enough to scare anyone off for life.

Eugene with the bottle incident probably didn't help matters lol.

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/06/19 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by afriendofours
Finn DeTrolio, my arch-nemesis.

Lol vito was enough to scare anyone off for life.

Eugene with the bottle incident probably didn't help matters lol.

I wonder if Vito's son went into the life? All he'd have to do to get people to pay up is drop trou, squat down and take a dump on the floor.

Imagine how creepy that would be?

Much more effective than breaking fingers.

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/06/19 08:44 PM

Considering that camp he was sent to, he probably ended up being a mass shooter.
Posted By: Japseye1

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/17/19 05:59 PM

He went queer like Oak

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/17/19 06:28 PM

I see some of the riffraff have completed their temporary bans.

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/17/19 07:58 PM

lol
Posted By: SC

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/17/19 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Japseye1
He went queer like Oak

Time to say goodbye (forever) to this annoying little prick.
Posted By: Mikeybats31

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 02/17/19 11:11 PM

I take it this guy has misbehaved in the past lol lol lol lol lol
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 07/12/19 05:00 AM

100%!
Posted By: Goldy

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 07/18/19 11:12 PM

I assumed he bounced after Vito was found with the pool cue. His murder was in the newspapers and I'm sure he put 2 and 2 together and realized him telling those guys what he saw and their reaction was what did him in. He couldn't possibly had known about Fat Dom though.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 06/12/21 04:43 AM

Living his life as a dentist. Most likely trying to avoid mobsters as much as he can.
Posted By: jace

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 09/14/21 05:55 AM

All laborers in New York and Jersey get that much, but they usually get more, especially in union jobs. Illegal immigrants working construction get 20 an hour minimum to do minor labor. Union men doing Finn's job in the Sopranos get as much as 40 an hour, so he was actually underpaid.
Posted By: Stugotz

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 07/19/22 03:48 PM

Finn didn't have much to do with Vito getting whacked, Vito did it to himself getting caught in the gay club pinching the other guys nipples while the two associates were there collecting money from the bartender
Posted By: RoadG13

Re: Whatever Happened to Finn? - 10/14/23 07:41 PM

My theory that his last straw was when he saw the newspaper off screen when Vito was killed. Remember, Vito's kids saw the article about their father's murder. I think he did too, he felt very guilty about it and decided to break off
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET