Home

Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene

Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 11/16/18 03:12 PM

Just watched this again. One of my favorite scenes of all time. Everything is perfect: the writing; the directing; the acting; the use of music; the editing. Christopher really was one of the great, truly tragic characters. I almost cried at the end when he's embracing the dog and it made me wonder if the dog was a surrogate for the father he lost when he was a child.

The writing of the show was so good that I became invested in the character of Christopher, and to watch his descent is absorbing and meaningful.

I feel like I'm on my period.

Posted By: Slimshady

Re: Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 11/16/18 04:42 PM

Great scene. Very realistic portrayal of drug addiction. From what ive heard u never truly lose the need for drugs. Especially when addicted to heroin.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 11/16/18 05:44 PM

Yeah, Great scene. He never stood a chance in life..
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 11/16/18 05:56 PM

Moe ever since your photo was deleted you became more emotional tongue lol
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 11/16/18 08:31 PM

Good Topic. Obviously Chris wasnt a good guy but its clear he really stood no chance. Even though he treated Adriana horribly that choice he made kind of sealed his fate. Even getting married,becoming a capo didnt change the fact that he relationship with Tony was over because of what happened
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 11/16/18 09:45 PM

am I the only one who can help but thinkhing how would the dimeo family will be at the end
With junior and chris and furio and vito and ralph would stay alive
They would have been 10 times stronger and smarter and interesting
Posted By: Goldy

Re: Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 11/17/18 04:34 PM

I always thought it was kind of sloppy writing for Chris to go to the Feast in that state and not get spotted by someone.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 11/18/18 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Goldy
I always thought it was kind of sloppy writing for Chris to go to the Feast in that state and not get spotted by someone.

Good point. That did kind of cross my mind.
Posted By: Mikey_Two_Cups

Re: Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 01/15/19 09:08 AM

Great scene, just drives me a little nutty when shows/movies don’t ever take the time to get drug scenes totally accurate. This was a smaller mistake but I watched it so I’m gonna point it out.

The syringe was enormous, they were using a muscle syringe, you would never attempt to use one of those on a vein to shoot up drugs. One would use a normal size syringe-identical to what diabetics use. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine in cinema.
Posted By: Goldy

Re: Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 01/15/19 09:39 PM

I wonder if they do that just so it's easier to see what's going on. Lotta dumb people watch TV and they need things spelled out for them. (though if you think about it, you could mime shooting up with a stick and most people would get what you're trying to convey)

Worse was before they went to Livia's wake, Furio, Chris and Ade are snorting blow and hitting a bong.....clearly no one in that room had used a bong before. Ha.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 01/15/19 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
am I the only one who can help but thinkhing how would the dimeo family will be at the end
With junior and chris and furio and vito and ralph would stay alive
They would have been 10 times stronger and smarter and interesting

With the exception of Junior, and probably Christopher, I would have to agree. Vito was a ferocious earner in construction,and Ralph and Furio were tough soldiers who would be an asset to any Family. If Chris could have stayed clean,he might have been a decent mobster,but I think his personality and lack of intelligence would have limited his rise in the Family,despite his connection to Tony. Sil was a rock solid guy, and Paulie - "Forget about it", he's the guy you want on the team.
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Christopher Relapsing On Heroin Scene - 07/13/19 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Goldy

I agree with you, Goldy. I thought the same thing.

Edit:
Originally Posted by Mikey_Two_Cups
Great scene, just drives me a little nutty when shows/movies don’t ever take the time to get drug scenes totally accurate. This was a smaller mistake but I watched it so I’m gonna point it out.

The syringe was enormous, they were using a muscle syringe, you would never attempt to use one of those on a vein to shoot up drugs. One would use a normal size syringe-identical to what diabetics use. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine in cinema.

This. The syringe was HUGE. I figured they didn't want to make it look TOO real and to sway would-be users away because of the size of the syringe. Just my two cents.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET