Home

Henry Hill on Sopranos

Posted By: Tru_Bizelli

Henry Hill on Sopranos - 08/22/16 06:04 AM

When asked what he thought about "The Sopranos", Henry Hill stated that its one of the best depictions of the mob and says something about how Tony would fit in somewhere or another. Anybody heard this quote from Henry?
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Henry Hill on Sopranos - 08/22/16 06:08 PM

I think one connection Henry Hill might find is the money that the Vario crew made kept them out of trouble with both the Lucchese bosses and other family administrations at times when they crossed the line, even the non made guys like Henry. Tony Soprano got away with a ton of mob violations too, because he made so much money for the Lupertazzis.

Of course, David Chase also said several times that he admittedly draws from Goodfellas for ideas. Hard to dislike a tv show that's somewhat inspired by your story.
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: Henry Hill on Sopranos - 08/22/16 06:13 PM

Chase said that the show was structurally based on the Bioardo NJ crew.

Re: Henry Hill on Sopranos - 08/22/16 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: AllDay27
Chase said that the show was structurally based on the Bioardo NJ crew.

Most of the criminal activity and Jersey mob related stuff, but Chase has also said that he believes Goodfellas is the king of mob movies/tv, etc, and was very influential in rounding out the Sopranos characters.

Here's the HBO documentary about the Genovese crew in New Jersey, from the '80s.

Re: Henry Hill on Sopranos - 08/22/16 10:26 PM

Also, the war between Tony and Junior, and Junior eventually being named boss in name, was definitely based on Vinny Ocean and Charles Majuri of the DeCavalcantes
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Henry Hill on Sopranos - 08/24/16 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Tru_Bizelli
When asked what he thought about "The Sopranos", Henry Hill stated that its one of the best depictions of the mob and says something about how Tony would fit in somewhere or another. Anybody heard this quote from Henry?

Not sure where but I remember that same interview or whatever it was. May have been a show about the show?

Re: Henry Hill on Sopranos - 05/27/21 05:07 AM

The more I watch interviews of Henry, I realize how much of a bumbling idiot he was.
Posted By: lucab19

Re: Henry Hill on Sopranos - 06/22/21 07:43 AM

And the more I watch interviews of Henry, I realize he is the human personification of a weasel.

Re: Henry Hill on Sopranos - 06/25/21 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by lucab19
And the more I watch interviews of Henry, I realize he is the human personification of a weasel.

haha, he does remind me of one grin
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET