Home

Jackie & Richie Aprile?

Posted By: Primo

Jackie & Richie Aprile? - 09/14/15 07:13 PM

I have a question and I know there is no definitive answer but I am just curious what others take on this would be. I was wondering when Jackie was boss before his death, Richie was soon to be released from prison. And when he eventually was it caused a lot of turmoil because he kept bumping heads.

Did no one ever visit Richie in Jail and discuss his future on the streets? We always hear how Jackie was a good boss. But then why wouldn't he have had planned for Richie's release and made sure everyone would know what rackets he could be involved in? It's almost like Jackie and no one else in the family ever talked to him or made plans to accommodate him when he came back. I know the one meeting Jackie jr. says something about its what his father would of given him but besides that we never hear any mention of Richie by Jackie ever.

I mean he didn't even appoint a successor let alone make sure his brother was taken care of? Surely he must of known how volatile Richie was and would be when he came back if he wasn't allowed to earn? Do you think he did not like him much? Or was he to sick to care? None of the other capos even seem to be aware that he will be home soon till he is out.

I know it's a show and its speculation and everything doesn't always make sense. But still the boss's brother a hardcore violent member of your family is due to be released in a year or two and no plans for his arrival is made?
Posted By: DonKostic

Re: Jackie & Richie Aprile? - 09/14/15 10:01 PM

Well OOC the reason is obviously that Richie as a character wasn't created during the time Jackie was on...

IC however, you have a point. Richie was a renowned capo and the previous boss' older brother so it seemed weird that he got out like a low-level soldier.
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Jackie & Richie Aprile? - 09/15/15 07:29 AM

I think alot of the rackets were in turmoil as to who was running them. Like Chrissy said to Brendan some people don't even know who to kick upstairs too.

Jackie's reign sounded abit ruderless, his cancer probably didn't help things. It was Tony who was mostly running things by Jackie's end days.
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Jackie & Richie Aprile? - 09/16/15 07:52 PM

it's also possible that Tony just didn't give a shit what Jackie had planned for Richie (if anything).
Posted By: Don_Alfonso

Re: Jackie & Richie Aprile? - 09/18/15 05:38 PM

Jackie seemed to run a tight ship until he was sick, but one has to remember he was sick for about a year on and off before he died. He was in and out of the hospital and it had been causing instability for a year or so. Tony was appointed Acting Boss while Jackie was first hospitalized (Pilot), but by the time Jackie was back on the streets it wasn't clear who he'd pick and it seems that once his cancer came back, it progressed so rapidly he didn't really have time to appoint a successor much less make other future plans.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Jackie & Richie Aprile? - 12/23/15 11:06 PM

I would think he knew Richie was a Hot Head, they all knew and Jackie's loyalty to the Business was more geared towards Tony rather than his brother.

What I wonder about that group was if most felt Jackie Jr. shoulda been whacked and why Veto was chosen to do it.
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: Jackie & Richie Aprile? - 02/15/16 01:40 AM

At the meeting with Ritchie and Jackie Jr., Tony says something like what can I say your brother didn't focus on sanitation. This along with having Jackie's old social club leads me to believe thing were setup for Ritchie. when he got out. Tony gives him $50,000 to put on the street and a party where guys line up and pay him tribute.Everything I've ever read says he is capo of the Aprile crew. But crews in the show and real life are miles apart.

Ritchie came out of prison golden, he just didn't like that his kid brother's best friend was now his boss. People got to understand the mafia theme was just part of the show but its the only part folks like us focus on.

One of the best lines in the whole show imo came from Ritchie, if you can do anything for me let me know.
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: Jackie & Richie Aprile? - 08/14/18 09:13 PM

Jackie was probably the most loyal person on the show. Even though Old Man DiMeo stepped down and named him the acting boss, Aprile still respected the title.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET