Home

Made man then Boss a year later

Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Made man then Boss a year later - 04/23/15 05:02 AM

I find it weird how Gerry Torciano went from being an Associate to Soldier to Capo and then Boss all within the space of a year has this ever happened in the past?
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Made man then Boss a year later - 04/23/15 06:09 AM

So did Ralph Natale
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Made man then Boss a year later - 04/23/15 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
So did Ralph Natale

That whole situation was fucked lol. Guys who show a lot of initiative can move up fast. Todaro Sr's a good example. He moved up every few years and all the guys saw promise in him. But sometimes it's all about who you know...Gerry was Phil's apprentice so it's to be expected.

I would be careful about saying he went from associate to soldier to capo to boss material. He pretty much made it to captain. I remember it was a magazine article saying he could be boss. Not the members. It was enough to spook Doc Santoro and proved how sociopathic he was. Kinda parallels Scarfo killing Testa over a magazine piece.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Made man then Boss a year later - 04/23/15 03:31 PM

I agree Barrett, Natale was straightened out by Joey and then Joey made him boss. Classic stuff. Everyone, except Natale, knew he wasn't the Boss.
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Made man then Boss a year later - 04/23/15 05:19 PM

Still surprised the stupid old bastard didn't realise, you know sometimes he says about how powerful he was on TV despite the fact he wasn't shit
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Made man then Boss a year later - 05/02/15 01:43 PM

Torciano was boss?
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Made man then Boss a year later - 05/02/15 05:27 PM

Nope, he was never boss. He was about to become boss, since Phil said he won't stand in his way, but he never became boss.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Made man then Boss a year later - 05/02/15 05:29 PM

Ah okay.

I always thought Butchie & Torciano's plot threads were kind of rushed.

I think it could have benefited having them in the show more.
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Made man then Boss a year later - 05/02/15 06:36 PM

This is what bugged me about the last season of the series -- if it wasn't the Vito bullshit, it was less on the Soprano family and more on the revolving door across the bridge. Characters were introduced then killed off in two or three episodes.

With that, I suspect Gerry was made long before Season Six. There's the celebration dinner at Vesuvio in "Luxury Lounge" -- the promotion of Gerry to permanent Capo and the making of Burt Gervasi. At the beginning of the season, Gerry was an acting Capo as Phil was acting Boss with Johnny Sack in jail.

Regardless, it's a rather rapid rise through the ranks.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET