Home

John Gotti - Johnny Sack

Posted By: mbo

John Gotti - Johnny Sack - 04/20/15 09:57 AM

Just a stray thought. Am i the only one who see very big similarities between Johnny Sack and John Gotti. Of course they share a first name, they were both vain hotheads, liked flashy clothes, both bosses of a NY family. Gotti killed a boss, while Sack wanted to kill a boss. they ressemble each other in looks, and both died of cancer in prison.

Has the writers ever said anything about who Johnny Sack was based on?
Posted By: goombah

Re: John Gotti - Johnny Sack - 04/20/15 03:10 PM

You brought out more similarities than I had considered existed. But Sack had a different personality than Gotti. Gotti didn't have the patience to be underboss/consigliere like Sack. While both were hot headed, Sack generally assessed the situation better from a strategic perspective.

The other big difference was Sack's attitude toward women was much better than Gotti. Sack was devoted to his wife and did not keep a gomarrah. Gotti openly saw other women, including the niece of his former mentor (Neil Dellacroce).

I think the comparision of the egos being similar is very valid. Sack became unreasonable with the "mole comment" and then after becoming boss. He basically said it was beneath him to meet Tony now that he was boss.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: John Gotti - Johnny Sack - 04/20/15 03:14 PM

Not really to be honest. Johnny Sack actually seemed to be a smart mobster while Gotti was well.....not. As goombah has said Johny Sack was fiercely loyal to his wife and never cheated. otti had affairs and even had a child with Neil Dellacroce's daughter who was also married.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: John Gotti - Johnny Sack - 04/20/15 03:14 PM

Johnny Sack was respected and feared where as John Gotti i would say was only feared..
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: John Gotti - Johnny Sack - 04/20/15 04:32 PM

Obviously there are similarities, and he's clearly inspired by John Gotti... doesn't mean he has to be a replica of Gotti. You guys are just finding differences between them, which there are probably hundreds.
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: John Gotti - Johnny Sack - 08/10/15 04:45 PM

Only difference I can think of is that hasn't been mentioned is that Sack was a White Collar guy where Gotti was always blue collar but I reckon Johnny Sack in a way was a Gotti-Castellano hybrid

Like Gotti
-Wore nice suits
-Always did business from a bar
-Had a temper when things weren't going his way
-Died in prison of cancer

Like Castellano
-Lived in a palace like house
-Construction was his main intrest
Posted By: donplugconnected

Re: John Gotti - Johnny Sack - 08/16/15 03:00 PM

i always thought sack reminded me of sammy the bull while phill reminded me of john once he gained power.
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: John Gotti - Johnny Sack - 08/18/18 09:03 PM

There are a lot of similarities. You gotta remember that the writers took elements from the history of the mob. So we’ll see real life mafia lore for the Families in Jersey & NY.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET