Home

Chris' kick-up to Paulie

Posted By: nash143

Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 04/08/15 12:17 PM

When Chris is made and placed in Paulie's crew, Paulie states Chris should give him "10 points of his take every settle-up day" and that there is a "6g minimum every week".

Firstly, are these numbers realistic?

Secondly, how often is settle-up day?
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 04/23/15 05:08 AM

I think settle up day is once a week and the mob actually can pull that money from their operations hell Salvie Testa raked in millions working with Donald Trump
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 04/23/15 09:03 PM

I believe Chris's operation was predominantly a sports book. In that case the settle ups generally are done on Monday or Tuesday.
Lots of gamblers bet heavy on weekends(especially football) and you have guys getting paid on Friday and making their bets,or cashing their checks and paying their losses. After the smoke clears,the operators "do the books"
Posted By: ItalianForever

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 04/26/15 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: nash143
When Chris is made and placed in Paulie's crew, Paulie states Chris should give him "10 points of his take every settle-up day" and that there is a "6g minimum every week".

Firstly, are these numbers realistic?

Secondly, how often is settle-up day?

I often wondered about this. He says its a 10% a week kick but a 6k minimum. At that point we are talking a 60k a week operation. That's three million a year. Okay so lets assume 10% was just a hypothetical and that Paulie knew that 6k would never be 10% of the operation, is it really realistic for chris to be puttin down even 30k a week on a sports book operation? Even 20k?
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 04/27/15 05:45 AM

It seems to be a stretch - look how badly Christopher was flailing and that's during the NFL and college season, which is likely your prime earning season.
Posted By: tenpin477

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 04/28/15 12:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
I believe Chris's operation was predominantly a sports book. In that case the settle ups generally are done on Monday or Tuesday.
Lots of gamblers bet heavy on weekends(especially football) and you have guys getting paid on Friday and making their bets,or cashing their checks and paying their losses. After the smoke clears,the operators "do the books"

I would guess never on Monday. That's when everybody scrambles on MNF to cover their losses from the weekend.
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 04/29/15 06:07 AM

Tuesday, no later than Wednesday. Even then, you still had Thursday football (college and some NFL).
Posted By: azguy

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 07/04/15 06:26 PM

He had to pay his guys on the phone, or run around collecting and kick up to Tony so maybe he was getting $5-10K a week during football. Probably dick the rest of the year
Posted By: NE1020

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 07/24/15 06:34 AM

So that means that just from Christopher's sports book Paulie is making AT LEAST 312k a year. Assuming that he Paulie has about 7-10 soldiers in his crew it seems that the Sopranos went a bit too unrealistic on this one as he would be making way too much for just a NJ capo.
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 07/24/15 08:04 AM

College ball.... but i learned a valuable lesson.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 07/24/15 12:53 PM

Part of Paulie's cut went to Tony.
Posted By: NE1020

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 07/24/15 03:36 PM

Only 10% though
Posted By: tenpin477

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 07/29/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: NE1020
So that means that just from Christopher's sports book Paulie is making AT LEAST 312k a year. Assuming that he Paulie has about 7-10 soldiers in his crew it seems that the Sopranos went a bit too unrealistic on this one as he would be making way too much for just a NJ capo.

He's not just a NJ capo though. He's the oldest, and one of the most well respected capos in a family that is way bigger than the Decavs ever were
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 08/03/15 03:21 PM

I always assumed that the $6k/10% amount included ALL of the rackets Chris was involved with - swag, protection, whores, etc...
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 08/05/15 03:52 PM

Also is the harassment of Chrissy from Paulie normal, i think that Paulie took it a bit far..
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 08/05/15 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
Also is the harassment of Chrissy from Paulie normal, i think that Paulie took it a bit far..

I agree. It was excessive but Chris did get moved up the ladder quickly mostly because he was related to Tony. I think that's why Tony cut the others guys slack when they gave Chris too much shit.
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 08/14/18 11:28 PM

Your only as good as your last envelope
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Chris' kick-up to Paulie - 08/15/18 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianForever
He says its a 10% a week kick but a 6k minimum. At that point we are talking a 60k a week operation. That's three million a year. Okay so lets assume 10% was just a hypothetical and that Paulie knew that 6k would never be 10% of the operation, is it really realistic for chris to be puttin down even 30k a week on a sports book operation? Even 20k?

He means $6k is the minimum overall. On top of that, Chris kicks up 10% of whatever he brings in.

So, if Chris makes $10k week, he pays Paulie $6k, plus 10% on entire $10k gross. Therefore, he kicks up a total of $7k to Paulie. Chris keeps $3k for himself. $3k is not bad for a week's work. That's over $140k/year. Not bad for a newly minted mobster, or anyone else in society for that matter.

Paulie also says that $6k "could be a lot, or a little". Meaning, if Chris has a big score, his minimum for that week will be higher.

$60k/week....my goodness. If Chris or any soldier really brought in that much these guys would be commuting in private helicopters.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET