Home

Most Unlucky Character on The Show?

Posted By: NinoBrown

Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/05/14 11:12 PM

Which character had the absolute worst luck on the show?
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/06/14 12:29 AM

Georgie from the Bada Bing. He was Tony's punching bag.
Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/06/14 12:34 AM

Bobby Bacala's kids.

Lose both their parents, then get stuck with Janice?

That's a fate worse than death. When Bobby was killed in "The Blue Comet," that scene where they're sitting on that couch in the living room was really sad.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/06/14 08:57 AM

Ralphies stripper girlfriend
Posted By: DonKostic

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/06/14 01:52 PM

The Ukrainian guy and his daughter.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/07/14 11:48 AM

Richie

Does a very long time in jail

Can't even shake down Beansie without having to run him
Over

Finds out his son is gay which broke his heart

Couldn't get the support he needed to take on Tony

Gets with Janice, staying with a cell mate is better than Janice

Gets whacked by Janice

Joins his brother in the grave and not long after the nephew joins them too
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/07/14 01:35 PM

Eh I wouldn't really consider Richie unlucky, he brought most of his troubles on himself by being a hothead and not respecting authority because he still considered Tony some punk and not the boss.
Posted By: BostonGuy17

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/07/14 08:54 PM

For minor characters, I'd have to agree with Georgie...Always in the wrong place at the wrong time. For a more major character, either Artie because of his wife's hatred of his friends and Tony burning down his restaurant, etc. or Bobby, his wife dies, marries JANICE of all people, and always seems to get made fun of by Tony for his weight..He's the nicest out of all of them and he's the one that got killed.
Posted By: Primo

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/07/14 08:58 PM

I would definitely say beansie. Sure he was no saint lol but to be run over and paralyzed by psycho Richie was extreme even for an associate like him. I mean the guy had to piss in a bag the rest of his life. And for what? Cause he didn't kick up some pizza $ to Richie?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/08/14 03:29 PM

A good shout on Bobby's kids, ill go with them too. Their mum was killed in a car accident and dad shot dead and then they are left to be looked after by Janice..
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/08/14 04:32 PM

bobbys kids id agree with also or beansie.

any idea what beansies first name in the show is ?

when Tony's questioning Richie after him being run over he seems to refer to him as "scorsese beansie".
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/08/14 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: afriendofours

any idea what beansies first name in the show is ?

Peter "Beansie" Gaeta
Posted By: NinoBrown

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/09/14 09:36 AM

Many folks on this show could get the nomination, so I will break it down into Civies and LCN/OC Members:

Civies:
Tracy - Simply "disappeared" because she set Ralphie's temper off and left behind a little child and the manner that she left was brutal.
Waiter - The waiter that confronted Chris and Paulie over the small tip, again he left a family behind
New Hampshire Guy - He confronted Vito about the car accident and paid the ultimate price.
Sunshine - Gunned down by a bunch of knuckleheads
Truck Driver - The truck driver that got killed by that stray bullet.

Connected Guys:
Eugene - Caught between two worlds, serving two masters, couldn't deal with the stress, took an early exit.
Gigi - Literally couldn't take the stress
Bobby - At the heart of it, he was a nice guy and humble and left behind his kids to the clutches of Janice...
Beansie - Left in a wheelchair and had to take a vow of silence for Richie of all people
Posted By: don illuminati

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/11/14 12:17 PM

Vitos son.

the little girl who was in the crack house when they shot it up.

Eugene pontcorvo
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 09/11/14 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Its_da_Jackeeettttttt
Bobby Bacala's kids.

Lose both their parents, then get stuck with Janice?

That's a fate worse than death. When Bobby was killed in "The Blue Comet," that scene where they're sitting on that couch in the living room was really sad.

Definitely those kids. . Now Janice is their only parent. . Talk about unlucky. .....
Posted By: goombah

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 10/03/14 10:55 AM

I've read this thread several times trying to think of who I would deem to the unluckiest. For the following reasons, I'd say Bobby Bacala was the unluckiest guy on the show.

Did Bobby have it bad all the time? Absolutely not. But we first meet Bobby in Season 2 after Tony meets with Junior in prison. Tony orders Junior to have Bobby come out from hiding after Tony wiped out nearly all of Junior's important crew, namely Chucky & Mikey. After getting demeaned by Tony at the meeting, Bobby states that he "inherited" Junior and giving the impression that he was never happy about it.

Then for the next few years, Bobby is essentially nothing more than Junior's caretaker. Not the worst thing in the world, but certainly not a position where could move up and be a good earner.

In Season 3, things really start to go downhill for Bobby when his wife Karen is killed in a car accident and then he loses his father. Bobby is overwhelmed with grief at the loss of Karen. And to me, his life gets even worse when he starts a relationship with Janice.

Throughout the series, Bobby is repeatedly mocked and belittled by Tony. Their relationship reached a decent level by Season 6, but then Bobby is shot dead near the end.
Posted By: MeyerLansky

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 03/09/17 04:48 AM

Haha i think that its sal vitro, first what happend with him and feech, and then when the fbi arrest johnny sack.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 03/11/17 06:28 PM

Gotta add the guy Mustang Sally beat the shit out of, Vito's cousin or some shit? Guy wasn't even trying to get involved with the guy and that chick but got his head cracked open regardless.

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 03/12/17 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By: RollinBones
Gotta add the guy Mustang Sally beat the shit out of, Vito's cousin or some shit? Guy wasn't even trying to get involved with the guy and that chick but got his head cracked open regardless.

Yeah vito's brother: bryan...
Posted By: Goldy

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 03/12/17 08:40 PM

At least he made a full recovery.

I'd say the unluckiest was Uncle June. Going to end up dying in that horrible place, broke, alone, no recollection of who he was or his family....dignified guy like that can't even remember how to use the bathroom by himself. He wasn't necessarily a good guy, but he didnt deserve that fate.

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 03/13/17 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Goldy

I'd say the unluckiest was Uncle June. Going to end up dying in that horrible place, broke, alone, no recollection of who he was or his family....dignified guy like that can't even remember how to use the bathroom by himself. He wasn't necessarily a good guy, but he didnt deserve that fate.

Still he was a mobster so he knew what that lifestyle can get him...
Sal the gardner wast a civillian.
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 03/14/17 05:01 PM

"" Last week, during a shoot on the set of the HBO series, a young cast member got a taste of what it would be like to be a real mobster when an accident threatened to take away his eyesight. Vinnie Orofino, an actor who normally serves as a member of the series' production crew, was shooting a scene on location in New Jersey. His character, Bryan Spatafore, was supposed to get hit in the head with a golf club. Of course, the production team had a prosthetic head on hand that would allow for the closeup shot to show what a noggin might look like after being hit by the club. Wielding the club was cast member Brian Tarantina, who plays Mustang Sally. According to sources, Tarantina swung the club at Orofino with the intention of missing him. Instead, he caught Orofino in the eye. Orofino is recuperating at home in bed and I hear he's not allowed to move. Sources say it may be a while before doctors know whether he'll lose sight in that eye. A rep for HBO asserted that Orofino will suffer no permanent damage. "He received immediate medical attention and is expected back at work this week," says the rep."

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/gossip/sopranos-set-mishap-injures-actor-eye-article-1.880718
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 03/14/17 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
"" Last week, during a shoot on the set of the HBO series, a young cast member got a taste of what it would be like to be a real mobster when an accident threatened to take away his eyesight. Vinnie Orofino, an actor who normally serves as a member of the series' production crew, was shooting a scene on location in New Jersey. His character, Bryan Spatafore, was supposed to get hit in the head with a golf club. Of course, the production team had a prosthetic head on hand that would allow for the closeup shot to show what a noggin might look like after being hit by the club. Wielding the club was cast member Brian Tarantina, who plays Mustang Sally. According to sources, Tarantina swung the club at Orofino with the intention of missing him. Instead, he caught Orofino in the eye. Orofino is recuperating at home in bed and I hear he's not allowed to move. Sources say it may be a while before doctors know whether he'll lose sight in that eye. A rep for HBO asserted that Orofino will suffer no permanent damage. "He received immediate medical attention and is expected back at work this week," says the rep."

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/gossip/sopranos-set-mishap-injures-actor-eye-article-1.880718

Good stuff oak
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 03/14/17 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Goldy

We don't see older Junior really doing anything horrible. Most of the people he ordered killed in season 1 were people that had it coming. For the rest of the series, he was pretty much shelved, until he started to lose it. He shoots Tony but I think that was more due to mental illness.

Younger Junior was a different animal, though. Holding Mr. Satriale down while Johnny chops his fingers off. Satriale was just short on cash. They could have just taken the butcher shop, which they did anyway. Cutting off his fingers was wanton and brutal. So, I think Junior did deserve his fate. His was more benevolent in his senior years but his past still caught up with him.
Posted By: SicilianDownSouth

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 07/14/17 03:11 AM

The connected guy who was the Elvis impersonator. Also Hesh's son in law that got beat up and then run over when he tried to run away.
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: Most Unlucky Character on The Show? - 08/14/18 06:50 AM

Creepy huh?! You put a lot in perspective. Jackie dies of cancer so that’s Tony’s opening. Then Janice shoots Richie and Ralph puts a hit on Jackie Jr. This show came out 20 years ago and u can still find little hidden subplots throughout the script.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET