Home

Richie Aprile inspired by?

Posted By: Malandrino

Richie Aprile inspired by? - 08/04/14 12:04 PM

I've always wondered where did David Chase get the idea of Richie Aprile from? Sure, like everything on the show, even some of the smallest pieces are based on something true.
Now, just like the fictional NY family which isn't exactly like ONE of the real NY families, so are the characters.. completely fictional but yet made up of little pieces of true underworld characters.
Richie has always seemed way too genuine to me but I just can't put my finger on where he's mostly based on.
I think this is just me but I can vaguely see a resemblance between him and Tommy "Shorty" Spero... both were feared capos with a chip on their shoulder and a reputation for violence. Both of them were old school and apparently of short stature, and both ended up whacked.. which isn't really something special, but nonetheless. Anyway, what do you guys think?
Posted By: afriendofours

Re: Richie Aprile inspired by? - 08/04/14 02:20 PM

Im not sure but i know David Proval who played the part of Richie Aprile originally auditioned for the part of Tony Soprano.
Posted By: don illuminati

Re: Richie Aprile inspired by? - 08/07/14 01:50 AM

He reminds me of gaspipe casso but he is also similar to a mobster who made several appearances on the old Rockford files show named Anthony boy who was played by George soros, who was Raymond curto on the sopranos.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Richie Aprile inspired by? - 08/07/14 03:55 AM

Hmm, I never really connected him to Gaspipe. In what way would you say he's like Gas?
I really can't quite put my finger on it, but there must be someone like him, just out of jail and out of touch with the new reality all while having a constant hard-on for the world.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET