Home

Just watched the whole series again.

Posted By: tnvol

Just watched the whole series again. - 10/10/13 12:40 AM

Just watched the whole thing again for about the 20th time. Don't know what else can be said. Looks like you guys have covered and covered it all. lol
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/10/13 05:15 PM

Its like wine, gets better with age.. smile

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/10/13 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO

It really does. I've been lurking here for quite a long time and finally decided to sign up. I was going through all these Sopranos threads and decided to watch it again and looks for things that were mentioned in the threads. I don't really look as deep as some and tend to just let myself be entertained. Great series. Maybe my favorite of all time..
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/11/13 08:16 PM

Welcome tnvol! I would be praising you even more if y'all would have pulled the upset off on Georgia last week!

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/11/13 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Welcome tnvol! I would be praising you even more if y'all would have pulled the upset off on Georgia last week!

Don't I know it. Been taking shit from my buds all week for that. lol
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/12/13 03:51 AM

I watched the censored reruns on television, and the uncensored version on DVD's. The uncensored version is so much better.
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/12/13 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO

Couldn't agree more smile
Posted By: devancosta

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/13/13 06:30 AM

Its the greatest tv series and piece of art ever created in my opinion. I'm a comedian and I made a video professing my love for The Sopranos and mafia cinema in general. I would really appreciate it if you other degenerates checked it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTo7PSCcpnc

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/13/13 03:14 PM

I've just watched the above video and it's actually very good..

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/13/13 09:36 PM

devancosta must have a very high metabolism... grin

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/14/13 01:32 AM

thanks guys! would appreciate it if passed onto other fans of the show. its been hard trying to find people that would be into a short comedy video like this that also love the sopranos and great cinema
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/14/13 02:52 AM

Devan, that shit was hilarious man. All the other videos were good too. The Walking Dead one had me rolling.

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/14/13 06:11 AM

The walking dead video is good as well, very true..

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 10/14/13 08:37 AM

thanks guys! appreciate it!
Posted By: paddy78

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 11/13/13 12:24 AM

just watched the last section of season 6 part b i thik its called, on hbo.go and i miss that fing show is what i must add to this, also in the last seen, meadow seems troubled and runs into the eatery, maybe that guy who messed w her was outside idk, but i thought ny called it off, w phil gone who would dare?
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 12/20/13 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: paddy78
just watched the last section of season 6 part b i thik its called, on hbo.go and i miss that fing show is what i must add to this, also in the last seen, meadow seems troubled and runs into the eatery, maybe that guy who messed w her was outside idk, but i thought ny called it off, w phil gone who would dare?

A lot of people. Tony was despised by the time that show ended. It could've been Butch, after giving Phil's whereabouts up after being assured he'd be boss and things would be swept under the rug once Phil got hit. It could've all been a double cross and Butch could've had him whacked anyway to take over Jersey. Remember Butch never liked Tony, and I never got the impression he feared him either. Could've been someone loyal to Feech La Manna, he could've made the call from prison. Could've been Furio, could've literally been anybody.

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 12/20/13 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
A lot of people. Tony was despised by the time that show ended. It could've been Butch, after giving Phil's whereabouts up after being assured he'd be boss and things would be swept under the rug once Phil got hit. It could've all been a double cross and Butch could've had him whacked anyway to take over Jersey. Remember Butch never liked Tony, and I never got the impression he feared him either. Could've been someone loyal to Feech La Manna, he could've made the call from prison. Could've been Furio, could've literally been anybody.

I considered the scene to be a fictional version of Anthony Caponigro being double crossed after receiving the green light to kill Angelo Bruno.

In addition, Leotardo's hit was probably not commission sanctioned, so somebody had to pay. However, in real life, there would have been a sit down with Tony and some commission representatives, I believe. And Tony wouldn't have been clipped while having dinner with his family.
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Just watched the whole series again. - 12/21/13 05:14 AM

In the Soprano universe,there was not a Commission to mediate disputes between Families. I always found this to be a little strange,especially given Chase's reliance on real life Mob examples for his storylines. If memory serves me,disputes that arose between the Sopranos and the Lupertazzis were settled by them on their own.

Had there been a Commission,Phil would have had to get their OK to hit Tony and his top guys. It would be interesting to see what rationalization he would have used to make a case for killing Tony.I can't think of anything that would have swayed a vote in Phil's favor.
Tony would not have needed approval to hit back ,since self defense is an accepted reason to act without having to wait for permission.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET