Home

Paulie's reason for taking Pussy's stuff

Posted By: southend

Paulie's reason for taking Pussy's stuff - 05/10/13 01:22 AM

When they killed Pussy on the boat why did Paulie take his necklace watch and ring once he was dead? Was he strait up just robbing him out of disrespect or what was it?
Posted By: Lou_Para

Re: Paulie's reason for taking Pussy's stuff - 05/10/13 05:14 AM

If you google Funhouse (Sopranos),it will get you to a Wikipedia page in which it says that Paulie removed Pussy's identifying jewelry before they dumped him. I guess it makes sense,but only if the jewelry was engraved or somehow unique to Pussy. From what I remember,it was pretty generic in design. Also,I think that Paulie in particular felt so betrayed, that he would want no part of anything that belonged to a rat,whether it be his jewelry or the money he would get fencing it. Can you imagine if Paulie would have taken the jewelry for himself? As paranoid and nuts as he is? "Tone,I'm tellin ya that ring is jinxed." "Tone,I think I got a rash from the necklace" "Tone,the watch keeps stopping at 3 o'clock"
Posted By: tenpin477

Re: Paulie's reason for taking Pussy's stuff - 05/10/13 11:56 AM

I always assumed it was to fence for cash.

As Tony later on tells Zellman "Maximum Value"
Posted By: Mastronardo

Re: Paulie's reason for taking Pussy's stuff - 05/12/13 09:10 AM

It's both, southend. The trio had no respect for Pussy whatsoever since they found out he was an informer so naturally Paulie was robbing him because who wouldn't steal those valuable items? Paulie could easily sell those and buy himself some nice and new white loafers. It is highly unlikely that Pussy's body would ever resurface so why leave the jewelry?
Posted By: ChardeeMcDennis

Re: Paulie's reason for taking Pussy's stuff - 08/22/13 12:40 PM

i'm betting he robbed him and fenced the goods. it's just the way he is, as much as i like paulie the guy is a straight up vulture and that's made very clear on the show
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Paulie's reason for taking Pussy's stuff - 04/15/14 07:29 PM

Two reasons. One, to get rid of any identifying jewelry in the chance his body resurfaces. Two, to fence the jewelry for cash. Paulie would not have kept anything from a rat.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Paulie's reason for taking Pussy's stuff - 04/22/14 07:30 PM

Paulie is just greedy and always looking for an easy buck (Just like in real life)
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: Paulie's reason for taking Pussy's stuff - 04/22/14 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
Paulie is just greedy and always looking for an easy buck (Just like in real life)

Paulie was a cool character but look how he lived the guy was a bum . He still lives with his mom in real life too just like in the show lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET