Home

Who came up with the "Mobster In Therapy" idea 1s

Posted By: Wudstock

Who came up with the "Mobster In Therapy" idea 1s - 02/20/13 08:07 PM

Was it The Sopranos or Analyze This?

They both had the same premise of a mobster in therapy for panic attacks and they both came out around the same time.

I always wondered who came up with the idea 1st.
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Who came up with the "Mobster In Therapy" idea 1s - 02/21/13 12:56 AM

Well, the first episode of the sopranos aired january 10th, 1999 while analyze this was released march 5th, 1999. That being said, its impossible to know who wrote it first.
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Who came up with the "Mobster In Therapy" idea 1s - 02/21/13 03:19 AM

Frank Costello, that sissy was talking about his feelings in the 50's. Only Harlem guy I can say I am ashamed he cut his teeth in the Hun's.
Posted By: Wudstock

Re: Who came up with the "Mobster In Therapy" idea 1s - 02/21/13 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
Well, the first episode of the sopranos aired january 10th, 1999 while analyze this was released march 5th, 1999. That being said, its impossible to know who wrote it first.

I just found out that who came up idea was the movie called "The Don's Analyst".

released in 97.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Who came up with the "Mobster In Therapy" idea 1s - 03/03/13 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: scarfacetm

If I'm not mistaken, the pilot episode of The Sopranos was filmed in 1997.
Posted By: PP

Re: Who came up with the "Mobster In Therapy" idea 1s - 03/15/13 01:13 AM

Who knows how long they both were in development.

Lots of time, similar ideas are sprouted at the time and hit TV in the same yea or even month. Sometimes the zeitgeist hits people the same way.

Look at NYPD Blue/Homicide, ER/Chicago Hope, 30 Rock/Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip,
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Who came up with the "Mobster In Therapy" idea 1s - 04/15/14 07:54 PM

Chase filmed the Pilot episode in 97, that is why it is different from the other episodes. The idea of a mob boss seeing a shrink comes from Frank Costello. I believe there was a french film about a mafia boss seeing a shrink back in the 80's but I believe that was court ordered and not of the mobsters own willingness.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET