Home

How did the guys end up with such Christian wives?

Posted By: Wilson

How did the guys end up with such Christian wives? - 10/05/12 03:28 PM

I find it strange how the guys such as Tony and Pussy ended up with women who are so religious. The match doesn't seem right here.

Your thoughts?

P.S. We all know the only reason these women stay married to them is because of money. You can see that they hate the way their husbands turned out and the person they became. I've never seen wives act so disgusted towards their husbands on a daily basis.

Also let me add, Tony's daughter Meadow hates her father. Lets be honest. Even her friends want nothing to do with Tony. Carmela's own friends keep a good distance from Tony as well.

Your thoughts?
Posted By: black_velvet

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wives? - 10/08/12 08:59 AM

The reason might be compensation. At least Carmela seems to know (of course not in all detail) what Tony does. So I think these wives must feel some kind of guilt and fear. They know their husbands literally have blood on their hands.
In the Godfather book, there is a great plotline where Vito's wife explains to Kay why she goes to church every morning. And what did Kay afterwards? wink

And I do not agree with your conclusion that Meadow hates her father. She may have done so in her teenage years, but if you think of her 'conversations' with Finn, she in fact defended her father (all that mezzogiorno crap).

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wives? - 10/09/12 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: black_velvet
The reason might be compensation. At least Carmela seems to know (of course not in all detail) what Tony does. So I think these wives must feel some kind of guilt and fear. They know their husbands literally have blood on their hands.
In the Godfather book, there is a great plotline where Vito's wife explains to Kay why she goes to church every morning. And what did Kay afterwards? wink

And I do not agree with your conclusion that Meadow hates her father. She may have done so in her teenage years, but if you think of her 'conversations' with Finn, she in fact defended her father (all that mezzogiorno crap).

I agree as she got older, she got more mature and understood that her father did what he did because he needed to and really didn't have much of a choice because thats the life he chose.

But when she was younger, man did she and her friends disrespect Tony. They looked at him and rolled their eyes when he would come around them. Meadow would make smart ass comments about Tony to her mother, brother and her friends. She had no respect whatsoever for her father in her teenage years, including when she started college.

Same thing with Carmela. Numerous times she said she regretted being married to him and obviously had no respect for the man he was. She only was with him for money. I know for a fact that if they did not depend on Tony, they would have left him.

Also, that half breed that Meadow dated in college said that Tony was lucky that he didn't punch his lights out when he told him he didn't approve of him dating Meadow. LOL I would have loved to see that. Tony would have literally ripped his head off and enjoyed doing it. That kid had no chance against Tony Soprano.

Also you would have thought that Carmela's friends would have had a little more respect for Tony? There were numerous times where they completely ignored him in his own home. They are lucky Tony didn't rip their heads off either.
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wives? - 10/09/12 08:18 PM

Well i don't know about any of the above things you said, but i think it boils down to be around this type of culture. These woman grew up in this environment, so they were used to these types of behaviours. It was natural for these woman to end up with these guys. Tony says in season four "Who did you think you were marrying? You hung around your father and Dicky Moltisante and all those guys, you knew every step of the way." I may be slightly off that quote, but Carmela knew what she was getting into. She married into what she knew.

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wives? - 10/09/12 08:34 PM

Carmela grew up in the same neighborhood as Tony Soprano right?
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wives? - 10/10/12 02:32 AM

In the tv show Tony says they did live in the same area. They even attended the same high school (along with Artie and Charmagne).
Posted By: Wudstock

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wives? - 10/10/12 09:34 PM

I don't get the part about Carmela's friends?....what friends?...their husbands in the mafia too and works for Tony and how could you say they have a little bit less respect for Tony?. I know only one person don't have any respect for Tony is Charmaine especially for good reasons because of her husband that Tony just used Artie.

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wives? - 10/10/12 09:54 PM

Wudstock, the women obviously are afraid of Tony. They don't approve of their husbands lifestyles. I mean look at them. All holy rollers in their older years.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 10/11/12 01:40 AM

I've got to agree with Wudstock the only friends Carmela really had were Ro and to a lesser extent Gabby and i can't remember them ignoring or disrespecting Tony.
Posted By: carmela

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 10/11/12 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
I've got to agree with Wudstock the only friends Carmela really had were Ro and to a lesser extent Gabby and i can't remember them ignoring or disrespecting Tony.

I agree as well.

Although she did become good friends with Furio. And he certainly didn't like Tony. cool
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 10/11/12 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: mr. soprano
In the tv show Tony says they did live in the same area. They even attended the same high school (along with Artie and Charmagne).

Yeah didn't charmagne say her and tony smashed back in high school and it wasn't that great to Carmela..someone correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure she did.

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 10/11/12 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: Camarel

I agree as well.

Although she did become good friends with Furio. And he certainly didn't like Tony. cool

Good point i forgot all about Furio.

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 10/11/12 03:28 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Yeah didn't charmagne say her and tony smashed back in high school and it wasn't that great to Carmela..someone correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure she did.

You're right
Posted By: thebarber

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 12/06/12 12:53 PM

So if u guys had to choose a wife from all the ladies on the show who wud u choose assuming u were a gangster ???

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 01/04/13 07:02 PM

Hard to believe Tony wouldn't be good in bed.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 01/04/13 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: thebarber
So if u guys had to choose a wife from all the ladies on the show who wud u choose assuming u were a gangster ???

Katherine Narducci!!!! Hands down!!
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 01/04/13 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Originally Posted By: thebarber

Katherine Narducci!!!! Hands down!!

Hell yeah, thats a good East Harlem girl right there!

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 01/04/13 07:48 PM

Carm I thought the site of Tony stuffing his face with lunchmeat off the kitchen counter would do it for you the guy really had class...

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 01/04/13 07:54 PM

Carm I thought the site of Tony stuffing his face with lunchmeat off the kitchen counter would do it for you the guy really had class...

Not only that, but when he'd be doing that heavy breathing of his as he shuffled around the house in his robe and slippers, and when he'd lay on the bed, he looked like a speed bump. Sexy.

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 01/04/13 08:01 PM

lol lol lol the heavy breathing I'm sure he gets all the ladies breathing on their neck with the scent of capicola
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 01/04/13 08:05 PM

Italian girls like Supesota! Reminds them of Sicilain men!
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 01/07/13 10:59 PM

Well, I have to agree with Tony when he said to Carmela that she's only religious when it suits her. Tony wasn't no saint, but Carmela wasn't either. If she was THAT religious she wouldn't be with Tony in the first place.

As for Meadow hating her father, I don't agree with that. She was just a spoiled little shit in her teens but as she got older she really loved Tony, and as mentioned even defending him probably because she matured and understood that Tony was just providing for his family.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 01/07/13 11:06 PM

Phil's wife was the funniest. "It's a mortal sin to be a homosexual." Meanwhile she was married to a fuckin serial killer lol.

Combination of hypocrisy and naïveté. Mostly hypocrisy. Carmela Soprano would have looked the other way if she was married to Charles Manson, as long as he bought her a house in the North Jersey suburbs.
Posted By: LCN1987

Re: How did the guys end up with such Christian wi - 01/07/13 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Phil's wife was the funniest. "It's a mortal sin to be a homosexual." Meanwhile she was married to a fuckin serial killer lol.

Combination of hypocrisy and naïveté. Mostly hypocrisy. Carmela Soprano would have looked the other way if she was married to Charles Manson, as long as he bought her a house in the North Jersey suburbs.

Yeah, and don't forget the jewelry and fancy cars. If Tony had a serious argument with Carmela all he had to do was either buy her a big diamond ring, a car (remember that porsche?), or even a house (white caps). Carmela was a hypocrite with a capital H.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET