Home

A real life Tony Soprano ending

Posted By: tiger84

A real life Tony Soprano ending - 08/22/12 01:00 AM

Tony should of became a rat in the end because a guy as selfish as him who didnt give a fuck about lcn only the money theres no way a guy like that would of spent life in jail.Instead we got a black screen.Seriously anyone who thinks that was a good ending is retartedThat would of been awesome chrissy turning snitch and testifying in front of everyone also more realistcly was Tony snitching because his only true friend was artie who was not invoved in anything and he treated all his soldiers like shit so he wouldnt give a fuck about sending them awy for life.The final season should of been the crumble of the dimeo family and tony having to start selling drugs to make ends meet and thats what fucks him in the end as well as chrissy
Posted By: Fat_Ralph

Re: A real life Tony Soprano ending - 08/24/12 11:09 PM

I actually hated Tony Soprano, very much, I know the show was all about him but I couldnt stand him, I thought he was a good character season 1-3 then it was all down hill, dont know if that was Chase's idea to do with the character but.... Hey, who knows right..
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: A real life Tony Soprano ending - 08/27/12 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Fat_Ralph
I actually hated Tony Soprano, very much, I know the show was all about him but I couldnt stand him, I thought he was a good character season 1-3 then it was all down hill, dont know if that was Chase's idea to do with the character but.... Hey, who knows right..

I agree 100 percent. I loved the show but aways hatd Tony i thought he was the least unique character. its funny most people say Tony was a god boss but i thought he was terrible. I mean since he was the main character they couldnt kill him off. Another thing i didnt like is that they made the Jersey mafia too strong. In reality the jersey mon is extremely weak compared to the new york mob
Posted By: waynethegame

Re: A real life Tony Soprano ending - 08/28/12 12:38 PM

I think the ending that was done made sense. Think about it: Barring all the "was he killed?" discussion, the ending was meant to convey one thing: Tony can never live a normal life. The constant shots to suspicious-looking people in the restaurant only serves to reinforce that. Even something as innocent as a dinner out with his family, for Tony, turns into a constant game of paranoia - "That guy was looking at me, is he with New York?" or "That guy got up to go to the bathroom, is there a gun there?" or "That guy in the suit.. is he a Fed?" and the like. Anyone could be out to get him, and he can never let his guard down, ever. He can never enjoy being around his family. He can never just enjoy being out somewhere, anywhere, because a black car driving slowly might be a hit, a person following him into a restaurant might be an assassin.

That's what we're meant to take away: That for all his power being the boss of New Jersey, for all his money, for all his desire to care for his family, Tony Soprano has to live a pathetic life of constantly watching over his shoulder, never sure if he's going to live each and every day.

He's damned for the rest of his life due to his own actions and the life he chose. Like Michael tells Vincent in GF3: That's the price you pay for the life you've chosen. For Tony Soprano, that price is to live in fear and paranoia every day for the rest of his life.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: A real life Tony Soprano ending - 09/21/12 04:10 PM

I agree with what most say but I don't think Tony would have worked as a rat because his character was archetypal; he longed for the old ways in a world that was anything but. This was one of his fatal flaws as a hero.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET