Home

Larry Boy..

Posted By: Crazy_Joe_Gallo

Larry Boy.. - 04/23/12 08:04 PM

We hear that Larry Boy Barese is talking to the Feds after being arrested for violation of his house arrest and leads the Feds to the 1982 murder of Willie Overall--Tony's first murder. He knows Tony killed Willie Overall, but deflects the blame to the deceased Jackie Aprile, Sr--Thus sparing Tony and Paulie being pinned for a murder charge. Do you think Larry Boy was just jerking around the Feds and using a body to get them off his back, basically wasting the Feds' time, or did he really flip?

I'm just wondering if he should be considered a Rat. Tony, Paulie and the others don't seem too concerned or angry with regard to him.
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Larry Boy.. - 04/24/12 01:13 AM

I had thought that to myself when the episode initially aired. A more knowledgeable member could help out here by stating whether there is a real-life precedent for what Barese did. Apparently, Luciano when he was arrested for a narcotics charge he "ratted" out one of his own stashes so as to get leniency from the cops. This was in 1923 or so and it didn't get him in much trouble, but it apparently came up during his testimony with Dewey in 1936.
Posted By: Crazy_Joe_Gallo

Re: Larry Boy.. - 04/24/12 01:33 AM

And didn't Luciano and Gambino set up Vito Genovese to get taken down by the Feds on the narcotics charge? Not necessarily rat him out per se, I just remember hearing Genovese was set up for the can by Gambino and some of his other rivals.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Larry Boy.. - 07/01/12 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Crazy_Joe_Gallo
And didn't Luciano and Gambino set up Vito Genovese to get taken down by the Feds on the narcotics charge? Not necessarily rat him out per se, I just remember hearing Genovese was set up for the can by Gambino and some of his other rivals.

I heard that too but i think that's more like what happened to feech
Posted By: ukwiseguy

Re: Larry Boy.. - 07/03/12 09:23 AM

Its a pity we never got to see more of Larry Barese, he could have been a good character i reckon.
Posted By: gemini_killer

Re: Larry Boy.. - 07/03/12 07:24 PM

lol yeah he turned rat but looked like a funny dude, the real actor is a bit of a wiseguy himself no?, anyways was funny when he gets busted for violating his parole - he's like "hey how are ya my friend, you getting enough to eat?" - BUSTED - "call a fuckin lawyer" lol
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Larry Boy.. - 07/03/12 07:26 PM

He deflected the heat to someone else as a favor to Tony. They were happy for him.
Posted By: jace

Re: Larry Boy.. - 07/22/12 08:32 AM

The actor who played his brother did good job. He was arrested in real life, was off show after that.
Posted By: danielperrygin

Re: Larry Boy.. - 07/22/12 01:34 PM

That was his nephew not his brother.
Posted By: thebarber

Re: Larry Boy.. - 12/06/12 12:47 PM

I like Larry Nd wish he had a bigger part in the show. Albert was also a excellent character I wish we saw more of.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Larry Boy.. - 12/22/13 12:57 AM

Agree BerrettM, Larry did Tony and Paulie a favor for pointing the finger at Jackie Aprile Sr. It is a shame we only saw Larry and Albert, as it was mentioned by other members in the family that the Barese crew was the biggest in the family.
Posted By: karona1

Re: Larry Boy.. - 01/25/14 05:12 AM

i love the way he repeated what was said too him.. i wish they re was more ally boy.
http://youtu.be/6g3Nvi5vVxw
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: Larry Boy.. - 08/15/18 08:07 PM

Barese was a good character.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET