Home

Paulie half italian?

Posted By: botz

Paulie half italian? - 09/10/11 01:27 PM

Paulie was a bastard child by a woman that had sex with a soldier in the army a guy named "Russ" didn't say much about him in the soprano's don't know if he is italian or not, could this mean that Paulie is actually half italian?
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Paulie half italian? - 09/10/11 02:16 PM

I remember a topic about this, it was been discussed on the realdeal forums. The question is if Russ is an Italian, we have Italian Americans with that nickname/name. So he could be full Italian. On Real Deal they questioned the possibility how he got made.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Paulie half italian? - 09/10/11 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Mukremin
I remember a topic about this, it was been discussed on the realdeal forums. The question is if Russ is an Italian, we have Italian Americans with that nickname/name. So he could be full Italian. On Real Deal they questioned the possibility how he got made.

Yeah but they found out about this Russ guy way later.
We he got made (1960s?) no one could have known about this guy.

Re: Paulie half italian? - 09/10/11 08:53 PM

The rules back then were strict, both sides have to be Italian. So the makers forgot that smile
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Paulie half italian? - 09/11/11 08:01 AM

What I meant was that Paulie\Tony found out about this in 2006.
Gualtieri got made in the 1960s right?
So...when the DiMeos made him they all thought the he was 100% Italian.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Paulie half italian? - 09/11/11 10:13 AM

I remember when Paul went to visit his aunt, a nun, and she was dying, she told him to be his real mother and of remaining pregnant of a Russian soldier, a consequence Paulie could never become a made man because his father was a Russian.

Re: Paulie half italian? - 09/11/11 03:13 PM

It was not a Russian, it was a US soldier named Russ. And yes, if he wasnt believed to be 100% Italian he would not have been made. But i dont think they would mind it now cuz of the new rules today.
Posted By: thebarber

Re: Paulie half italian? - 09/19/11 06:39 PM

In my opinoin this was prob the most pointless story line in the history of the show
Posted By: Lorenzo

Re: Paulie half italian? - 09/27/11 09:39 PM

I would agree with that.
Posted By: Lorenzo

Re: Paulie half italian? - 09/27/11 09:40 PM

What are the rules these days.
Posted By: danielperrygin

Re: Paulie half italian? - 04/09/12 01:52 AM

If your father is Italian i believe, Gotti Jr. is half jew and he was the boss of the gambinos at one time. But like LuanKuci said, when Paulie got made as far as everyone including him was concerned he was full blooded italian.
Posted By: JonahPerelman

Re: Paulie half italian? - 06/01/12 05:53 PM

Wasn't Cadillac Frank Salemme in Boston half-Irish? Also, wasn't there a made guy in Philadelphia who was half-Jewish?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Paulie half italian? - 06/01/12 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: JonahPerelman
Also, wasn't there a made guy in Philadelphia who was half-Jewish?

Greg DePalma's son, Craig, was half-Jewish and got made. Junior Gotti is also about a quarter Jewish. His Mom is half-Russian Jewish, half-Italian.
Posted By: NJBoy55

Re: Paulie half italian? - 06/02/12 02:47 AM

I remember Paulie wondering if his dad, the military man, was even Italian, after finding out his mother was his aunt, but he never said that his father wasn't Italian. Looking at Paulie, he's for sure Italian.

LCN Guys mixed with other cultures

Gambino's Junior Gotti - 75% Italian
Philadelphia's Frank Martines - 75% Italian
Gambino's Craig DePalma - 50% Italian
New England's Frank Salamme - 50% Italian
Pittsburgh's Chuck Porter - 50% Italian
Philadelphia's John Veasey - 50% Italian

Posted By: SC

Re: Paulie half italian? - 06/02/12 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: NJBoy55
Looking at Paulie, he's for sure Italian.

Don't you mean the actor portraying Paulie?

Re: Paulie half italian? - 06/02/12 02:52 AM

Yes sir!! Think his last name is Sirico.
Posted By: Matty_Soprano

Re: Paulie half italian? - 06/02/12 03:14 PM

There is a theory about who russ might actually be. Remember from season 5, the episode "Marco Polo" with Carmella's father's birthday party? He had an old friend from his Navy days come to the party, the stuck up doctor who insulted the Beretta shotgun Tony gave to Hugh as a gift. His name, RUSS Fegoli and during the episode Hugh was telling a story how back in their navy days, Russ slept around a lot. And we all know Paulie's real mother said she was impregnated by a "soldier". Granted, they are seamen in the navy but most civilians will confuse marines, soldiers, seamen and airmen anyways. Just a theory I've read on other forums
Posted By: SC

Re: Paulie half italian? - 06/02/12 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Matty_Soprano
There is a theory about who russ might actually be. ......... Granted, they are seamen in the navy but most civilians will confuse marines, soldiers, seamen and airmen anyways. Just a theory I've read on other forums

Forget about what you read on other forums.... that "theory" is cockeyed crap. David Chase did not EVER tie in loose ends and make nice little neat packages. The details don't matter.
Posted By: Matty_Soprano

Re: Paulie half italian? - 06/02/12 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: Matty_Soprano
There is a theory about who russ might actually be. ......... Granted, they are seamen in the navy but most civilians will confuse marines, soldiers, seamen and airmen anyways. Just a theory I've read on other forums

Forget about what you read on other forums.... that "theory" is cockeyed crap. David Chase did not EVER tie in loose ends and make nice little neat packages. The details don't matter.

never said he did............

Re: Paulie half italian? - 06/02/12 05:59 PM

Well, not all episodes were written by Chase. That theory does make sense to me. I remember that part Matty Soprano was talking about very well. It was a good one. The guy acted a lot like Paulie, too. Very arrogant. In some ways he even looked a little like the guy.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET