Home

Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan

Posted By: ONTARIO613

Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 07/01/11 02:04 PM

Mathieu Bevelaqua says shit its that zip Furio who was pounding at the door in season 2 . is this ignorant writers who never checked the true meaning of zip which is sicilian and thus applied it in ignorance to all italian born mafiosi in america not just to its true meaning of sicilian. Or is it purposely implanted by the writers to show the bevelaqua`s characters fumbling ignorance to proper lcn terminology?
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 07/02/11 02:22 AM

wow......your looking way to far into this buddy. who cares the point i think that writers were getting at that it is somewhat common knowledge to people who don't study the mob and post on msg boards that mafioso from italy that implanted into america are refered to as zips. it gave the viewers something they could somewhat recoginze on a little bit of a higher level.

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 07/02/11 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: phatmatress
wow......your looking way to far into this buddy. who cares the point i think that writers were getting at that it is somewhat common knowledge to people who don't study the mob and post on msg boards that mafioso from italy that implanted into america are refered to as zips. it gave the viewers something they could somewhat recoginze on a little bit of a higher level.
If you don`t like the question then just dont respond to it. If u wanna look at it like that then who cares about any of the posts of this sight and Zip means sicilian it`s not a generic term meaning all italian borns the nickname zip comes from the fact that when they speak t, Italian americans cannot understand tHeir fast talking sicilian dialect thus it Zips by them. As for whether it was writer or character ignorance thats all I was asking

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 07/02/11 05:58 PM

don't get all sensitive on me. to get to the root of your question i believe it was the writers. but my answer means nothing. this show and its meanings and hidden dialect etc etc has been taken apart and reconstructed countless times on this board. search around you'll probablly get opinions on any sopranos question one could ever think of.

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 07/02/11 09:08 PM

david chase is a great writer. great creator. but what i meant by who cares is that you can't sit here and nit pick every single line from the sopranos! its fake! a great tv show but fake! enjoy it for what it is! entertainment! i did not mean to upset you!

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 07/03/11 10:16 AM

Tell that to the godfather fans
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopoli - 07/03/11 12:32 PM

I think that Bevilaqua kid calling Furio a Zip actually highlights more that he is a moron wannabe that doesn't understand how the mob works etc

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopoli - 07/03/11 03:51 PM

godfather fans are in a class of their own....ive never once posted in that forum for that reason. but i gave u my 2 cents.
Posted By: DeLoTheDon

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopoli - 07/24/11 03:05 PM

I also think it was to illustrate Bevilaqua's understanding of the mob. He is just a young kid
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopoli - 07/25/11 09:40 PM

It wasn't like those two characters were portrayed as being members of MENSA.
Posted By: jvanley

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 07/29/11 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: ONTARIO613
Mathieu Bevelaqua says shit its that zip Furio who was pounding at the door in season 2 . is this ignorant writers who never checked the true meaning of zip which is sicilian and thus applied it in ignorance to all italian born mafiosi in america not just to its true meaning of sicilian. Or is it purposely implanted by the writers to show the bevelaqua`s characters fumbling ignorance to proper lcn terminology?

See this is the problem I have with the Sopranos, first off let me say it is my favorite show, ever.

Secondly, dont tie your dick in a knot Ontario, this is not directed at you.

Lastly, The Sopranos was FICTIONAL. We as wiseguy nuts look way to frickin deep into this show for FACTUAL meaning, its just not there.

I know it was very loosely based on some real life wiseguys but its fictional, period. We would all enjoy it 100 times more if we would take it at face value. I am guilty to, trust me. But to question if Furio is a "zip" or a "Neopolitan" is looking way to deep into this show man. Look its a show based off the Mafia and in the Mafia they call guys from Sicily Zips, period.

Like I said I am guilty of it to, I have often critisized the show because they had Tony who was the sitting boss whack out two of his capos with his bare hands (ralphie and christopher). Would that happen in real life? FUCK NO. But it made for two of the most dramatic episodes in the shows history IF YOU TAKE IT AT FACE VALUE..........I.E FICTIONAL.

out

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 07/30/11 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: jvanley

See this is the problem I have with the Sopranos, first off let me say it is my favorite show, ever.

Lastly, The Sopranos was FICTIONAL. We as wiseguy nuts look way to frickin deep into this show for FACTUAL meaning, its just not there.

I know it was very loosely based on some real life wiseguys but its fictional, period. We would all enjoy it 100 times more if we would take it at face value. I am guilty to, trust me. But to question if Furio is a "zip" or a "Neopolitan" is looking way to deep into this show man. Look its a show based off the Mafia and in the Mafia they call guys from Sicily Zips, period.

Like I said I am guilty of it to, I have often critisized the show because they had Tony who was the sitting boss whack out two of his capos with his bare hands (ralphie and christopher). Would that happen in real life? FUCK NO. But it made for two of the most dramatic episodes in the shows history IF YOU TAKE IT AT FACE VALUE..........I.E FICTIONAL.

out
thanks jvanely for taking my post from 7/01 and totally rewording it.....you cease to amaze me

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 07/31/11 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: jvanley

out
thanks jvanely for taking my post from 7/01 and totally rewording it.....you cease to amaze me

first off, I didnt ready your post on 07/01, or ever. All I ready was the first post of this thread. Secondly, my post has nothing to do with Furio being a zip, neopolitian, mexican dude or a transvestite. It has to do with separating fiction from reality. So if thats what your post was then ya, I guess I did that but I never read your post anyhow.

If thats how you feel then nearly everyone on here needs to send out apologies for "rewording" posts. We all talk about the same shit everyday with different spins on our posts. Nearly every thread has posts with the same meaning and different words to get to that meaning.

I will start now PhatMatress. I am sorry I took your post on 07/01 and reworded it. I am sorry I gave my point of view on a topic with different words and it turned out to be your point of view as well.

I tell you what, send me your email address and I will send you my posts in advance so you can proof read them. This way we should be able to avoid posting similar thoughts that arrive at the same conclusions.

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 07/31/11 05:15 PM

What we also need to do is close a thread when someone makes a great point as PhatMatress did in his 07-01 post ( I just now went back and read it)

Phat says in his post that "you are looking way to far into this buddy" . We should have closed the thread right then and there because anything beyond that comment that is remotely close to that statement will be considered redundant and plagiarism.

If you think I am being ridiculous on this matter PhatMatress, well, I am. Your post about me "rewording" yours was f-ing ridiculous. Then you follow it up with "you cease to amaze me". Really? This is a freaking forum for people to post their thoughts and opinions. Of all the forums I have ever read never have I seen such an arrogant statement.

08/24: Jvanley posts: Adrianna Lecerva is smoking hot

08/25" Phat posts: I would jerk off with thumb tacks if it meant I got to hump Adrianna Lecerva afterwords.

08/26: Jvanley posts: thanks PhatMatress for taking my post from 08/24 and totally rewording it.....you cease to amaze me

See where im going with this.....

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 08/01/11 04:28 AM

no your out in left field as always, i dont have time to help you with posts. it would be a valuable service if someone would step up to the plate and help you form original ideas and posts.
Posted By: SC

Re: Ignorant Writers Call furio a Zip when Neopolitan - 08/01/11 05:11 AM

THis thread has out-lived its usefulness and is now closed. If this crap re-appears in other threads you guys will all be taking vacations from the boards. STOP THIS SHIT NOW!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET